Forum Settings
Forums

'Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukou-kai' TV Anime Announced

New
Dec 15, 2019 10:24 AM

Mar 2013

The Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukou-kai First Live "with You" concert announced a new television anime for the franchise on Sunday. The new anime, titled Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukou-kai (Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club), will be based on a new set of idols from the Love Live! School Idol Festival ALL STARS rhythm game.

Idol Cast
Ayumu Uehara: Aguri Oonishi (Shoumetsu Toshi)
Kasumi Nakasu: Mayu Sagara (Idol Memories)
Shizuku Osaka: Kaori Maeda (Back Street Girls: Gokudolls)
Karin Asaka: Miyu Kubota (Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai.)
Ai Miyashita: Natsumi Murakami (Aikatsu Stars!)
Kanata Konoe: Akari Kitou (Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu)
Setsuna Yuki: Tomori Kusunoki (Assassins Pride)
Emma Verde: Maria Sashide (Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!)
Rina Tennoji: Chiemi Tanaka (Sakura Quest)

A 4-koma manga by Hito Miyako launched on the Love Live! School Idol Festival ALL STARS official website last year. The serialization moved to Dengeki G's website on July 23 and is published every Tuesday.

Love Live! is a project between animation studio Sunrise, music label Lantis, and Kadokawa's Dengeki G's magazine. It debuted in 2010, with the single Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life by μ's. The franchise has since spawned multiple adaptations including anime, manga, light novels, games, and live concerts. Sunrise produced two seasons of Love Live! School Idol Project in 2013 and 2014, which centered around μ's. A movie followed in 2015.

The project then began focusing on the nine-member unit Aqours, who made their debut single Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai? in November 2015. Love Live! Sunshine!!, which centers on Aqours, aired in July 2016, followed by a second season in October 2017. A movie, subtitled Over the Rainbow, opened in January of this year.

Official site: http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/nijigasaki/

Source: Anime Recorder

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai on MAL
VindstotJan 31, 2020 5:35 PM
Dec 15, 2019 10:35 AM

Jun 2017
Yay!! new designs
Dec 15, 2019 10:36 AM

Nov 2008
Hopefully, this will be better than Sunshine, I do like Kanata since she's a bit of a drowsy girl like Kozue Yusa.

Dec 15, 2019 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
What want to discuss..
Plot story? Animation/character design change? Studio? LL! All Star game? Songs? Seiyuus?

Come on Love Livers in MAL, be proactive...
Love Live! Sunshine!! have 118 comments..while original LL! School Idol Project debut news 48 comments before...
Dec 15, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2017
Love Live plots (not including films)
* μ's: Save the school from being closed
* Aqours: Shine like μ's / find own light (also, save the school)
* Nijigasaki High School Idol Club: become best idols ever (probably)
PurezensuDec 15, 2019 10:42 AM
Dec 15, 2019 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
its gonna be the same generic "save the school from shutting down by winning an idol contest" plot. different art style, good characters and music be damned
Dec 15, 2019 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
dannymilk said:
its gonna be the same generic "save the school from shutting down by winning an idol contest" plot. different art style, good characters and music be damned
From what I get of the game, Its not about that. I might be wrong though since I don't know japanese.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2019 10:55 AM
Jan 2019
Oh Goooooooooooood !!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo happy ^^ I have been waiting for a looooong time ^^
Dec 15, 2019 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
Afloo said:
dannymilk said:
From what I get of the game, Its not about that. I might be wrong though since I don't know japanese.

Maybe wrong if this new series don't follow the story in the game..
But bare in minds, this NijiGaku (originally Perfect Dream Project) more focus on solo songs instead an idol group like other two before, so the chance on getting different story is high...

For those who doesn't know yet, NijiGaku already have two unit singles, both with a group song and each character have two their own solo song already...
Dec 15, 2019 11:26 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Well I think we all knew this was coming, I'm just disappointed in the lack of Muse cameo in Sunshine

Hope it's more fanservicey :D
Dec 15, 2019 11:28 AM

Nov 2007
Finally! I have already started counting days since the All Star release and now it has been confirmed!

Cannot say no to my LL dose. While I really loved the first one, Sunshine was alright as anime series but the movie made up for it. Really loved it on board the Emirates.

Also, Love Live! is incredible as a franchise. I saw its international reach as well during my visit in Seoul. Love Live merchandises were in many stores in the shopping districts over there. I would say they are as big as Gundam merchandises.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2019 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
I need to start finishing off Sunshine. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this.

Dec 15, 2019 12:02 PM
Sep 2019
So excited for this! For those of you who are put off/not liking the possibility of another “school closing” plot, everything about Nijigaku from their conception to their SIFAS story doesn’t even hint at that. They’re solo idols, so you can expect a more competition-driven story than u’s and Aqours.

I like the new art style; I wonder if Sunshine is still doing this? It looks a little like Revue Starlight even, we’ll see.
Dec 15, 2019 12:56 PM
Apr 2018
Ohhhhh, finally, the fated announcement... Wonder if I'll get the chance to play the global sifas version before this anime starts airing.
Dec 15, 2019 1:14 PM
Oct 2017
I'm not too fond of Rina hiding. I hope it's because of a worse shyness than Hanayo / Ruby's. and not disfigured as was Niki Lauda
Dec 15, 2019 1:31 PM

Jan 2015
Original was good, sunshine was good and this one will be... good as well hopefully
Dec 15, 2019 1:32 PM

Sep 2014
Finally, been waiting for the next season of RABU RAIBU!!! HYPE HYPE HYPE!!! *MOM GET MY CREDIT CARD!!!*
Dec 15, 2019 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
O M G !!!!!!!! YESS!!! More idols, more love! I'm so excited for this!!!!!
Dec 15, 2019 1:59 PM

Oct 2015
If this airs at the same time of EN's All Star release, that would be perfect!
Dec 15, 2019 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
I thought the original and Sunshine were going to be the only iterations we got of this universe, and I enjoyed both of them, so I'm pleasantly surprised! I hope it holds up to the other two's standards. The art looks as gorgeous as ever.
"All life is inherently broken from the start. There is no perfection in life. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of death? It's to try to find ways to better yourself before the end that gives us purpose."
Dec 15, 2019 3:34 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Definitely going to give this a franchise a go in 2020!

Congratulations to the fans of the franchise btw!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 15, 2019 3:47 PM

May 2018
Finally, finally!
I've been thinking of whether I should play the mobile game or not but I'll just watch this anime.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 15, 2019 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
Definitely going to give this a franchise a go in 2020!

Congratulations to the fans of the franchise btw!

Oh you should! The scriptwriter for the franchise is Hanada Jukki. The man behind Hibike!, YoriMoi and YagaKimi! The legend of All Girl (or mostly girls) Cast.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2012
I can finally see Bandori And LL head to head in anime too.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 15, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
Ahh, I'm so excited!! I love Love Live and I'm looking forward to adopting new daughters and wedding new waifus
Dec 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Jun 2019
Nice, I've been waiting for this
Dec 15, 2019 5:50 PM

Sep 2013
Hopefully things go a little bit different this time.
Dec 15, 2019 6:05 PM

Feb 2018
NeoAnkara said:

Heat to head in anime? Nope
But as franchise. It can be competitive.
Dec 15, 2019 6:12 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Oh you should! The scriptwriter for the franchise is Hanada Jukki. The man behind Hibike!, YoriMoi and YagaKimi! The legend of All Girl (or mostly girls) Cast.

Oh wow, didn’t know that. It definitely rose up in my priority list, thanks!

Dec 15, 2019 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
gadboyz said:
NeoAnkara said:

Heat to head in anime? Nope
But as franchise. It can be competitive.
Don't really know the number for franchise as a whole but currently on the game part the standing is like this.

Im@s > Bandori > LL

Sometimes it is this depending on how big is the event.

Bandori > Im@s > LL

Rarely it is like this.

Im@s > LL > Bandori

And never LL overtake Im@s. Im@s still pretty much the judgernaut on the gaming front.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 15, 2019 9:35 PM
Sep 2017
So, nezuko chan join love live as a high school stundent + singer, right ?
Dec 15, 2019 9:35 PM

Aug 2015
Retolee said:
Hopefully things go a little bit different this time.
plot-wise, yes it will be very different since in the original game, it's not the usual school closing route, and the girls are individual idol instead of a group!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Dec 15, 2019 10:14 PM

Feb 2012
Very nice I love Love Live so def gonna watch the new cast
Dec 16, 2019 4:03 PM
May 2018
NanaPirro said:
I'm not too fond of Rina hiding. I hope it's because of a worse shyness than Hanayo / Ruby's. and not disfigured as was Niki Lauda

She's revealed her face in the game, so if you're curious, you can always just look it up
Dec 17, 2019 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
the girls look better to me than the first two, hopefully that's enough to save this series.
Dec 19, 2019 12:24 PM

Sep 2014
I was expecting this but receiving the news makes me very happy!!
Dec 19, 2019 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
The character design is incredibly good, I can't wait <3 Shizuku <3
Dec 22, 2019 4:43 PM
Sep 2017
NanaPirro said:

From what I gather, it's not shyness or anything like that.

Rather, she greatly struggles with expressing emotions, so she has a notepad with various facial expressions drawn on it (referred to as a board) to help her with this. Also a high-tech headset with a mask as part of her idol outfit (I will admit the first time I saw her design, this whole masked thing plus Sunrise being responsible for the anime for both of the previous group caused me to mentally compare her to Char of all people. Needless to say I don't make that comparison anymore... though I still went and listened to Beyond The Time when she revealed her actual face as a nod to my initial impressions).

Speaking of that face reveal, she was only able to manage a faint smile - again, she struggles greatly with facial expressions, so that faint smile took everything she had.
Jan 29, 2020 9:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Staff list and Studio: https://twitter.com/air_news01/status/1222574748292411392?s=21

Good to see Studio Sunrise helming this, just like the previous instalments!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
28 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.