Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 3, 2019 10:36 PM
Oct 2014
I Knew it all along i cant believe it Yotsuba fans where you at THESE ARE THE HIDDEN HINTS THE AUTHOR GAVE US

1 She was the girl who had the ring on her ring finger in that one scene where they all put on rings on different fingers
2 He wrote mostly about her in the letter to his sister when they went to the Ski resort
3 She was the first quint to accept him as a tutor
4. And to top it all of she was the real first girl who literally changed him to his current self it was too obvious the author literally used Itsuki to try to trick us.
Disclaimer: If the author pulls a fast one next chapter im pissed.
dstrikerxDec 3, 2019 10:51 PM
Dec 3, 2019 11:14 PM
Jan 2015
Yotsuba deserved the win, can't argue with Fuutarou's choice and I am happy for her. Feelsbad for Miku and Nino though...they worked so hard.
My Queens

Dec 3, 2019 11:45 PM

Aug 2018
noel3 said:

AZY-sama said:
the scene where Nino starts crying after Miku showed up, with that warm smile, to tell her that it's all over really tore my heart into pieces

did Fuu just rule out both of Nino and Miku? cause that's how I feel after reading this chapter

it's too early to presume anything, hopefully we get proper answers next chapter

inb4 Nino and Miku prepare Fuu's wedding cake, it's Nisekoi all over but now I feel #TeamOnodera's pain now that I'm in the apparently losing side

itsuki told fuu to go to the room of his chosen one only. he goes to yotsuba. there's also a flashback from chapter 102 where he chose the orange juice drink for ichika, meaning he told ichika already that he was going to choose yotsuba (in an indirect way).

he doesn't have any money, but he bought karaage with yotsuba's voucher to eat it together with her. so it's pretty much confirmed she's his choice.

another thing, while he was talking with the boys about liking one of the quints, he notices two girls appreciating the chair area yotsuba set up, and he smiles, meaning he was thinking about yotsuba.

so everyone else is rejected.

The detail! Man and I need to re-read the last chapter after one is released SMH
but then why yotsuba wasn't in her room at time.
she was in bed because she fainted righ? did she just give up even before and only return for her phone?. Really asking cause my memory sucks
Dec 4, 2019 12:04 AM

Feb 2019
YOTSUBROS REIGN SUPREME!!!
But I swear, if Negi trolls us again with another "JK!" like the dude has done with... all of the other ones (specifically the Miku chapter where she was like "I LOVE YOU!!!" ... "JK JUST A PRANK BRO! (BUT NOT REALLY!!!)") Ima flip my shit.
Chronologically this does kinda make sense with the whole kiss on the roof of the hot spring arc where it seemed more like it was not Ichika, Miku, or Nino who did it.
If it is Yotsuba it does also kinda make sense story wise, as she seemed like she was the only one who was not fully at peace with herself by the end. She hadn't really chosen a career like the others, she kinda forced herself to reject her own love, unlike the others, and while she was the most upbeat and happy one throughout the story, ironically, she was the one in the most pain, and sad throughout the story, forcing herself to put on a happy face (kinda like Shinobu from KnY).
Anyways, GG lads!
Dec 4, 2019 12:56 AM

Oct 2017
Just read the chapter... let's hope the author sticks to the ending of this chapter. Also, this is a harem series so it was expected that only one would be chosen and the other four would be rejected. Just glad Yotsuba won not Itsuki or Ichika (basically what I said in the first post).
Dec 4, 2019 2:11 AM

Nov 2019
Gin-nara said:
noel3 said:

itsuki told fuu to go to the room of his chosen one only. he goes to yotsuba. there's also a flashback from chapter 102 where he chose the orange juice drink for ichika, meaning he told ichika already that he was going to choose yotsuba (in an indirect way).

he doesn't have any money, but he bought karaage with yotsuba's voucher to eat it together with her. so it's pretty much confirmed she's his choice.

another thing, while he was talking with the boys about liking one of the quints, he notices two girls appreciating the chair area yotsuba set up, and he smiles, meaning he was thinking about yotsuba.

so everyone else is rejected.

The detail! Man and I need to re-read the last chapter after one is released SMH
but then why yotsuba wasn't in her room at time.
she was in bed because she fainted righ? did she just give up even before and only return for her phone?. Really asking cause my memory sucks

yep, in my opinion she gave up because she believed she didn't have any chance, so she didn't even go to the room. Fuutarou waited for a bit i think.
Dec 4, 2019 2:30 AM
Nov 2019
Good one negi, 8-9 chapters left to finished this story
Dec 4, 2019 2:57 AM

May 2019
I really didn't expected that, Fuutarou picking Yotsuba, but im still not convinced about, this might be a bait or not, who knows, cant wait for the next upcoming chapters owo
Dec 4, 2019 3:03 AM

Feb 2018
Yotsuba win xD why not itsuki fk.

Dec 4, 2019 3:06 AM
Nov 2019
So will Yotsuba have Long hair in the future?

Also can't believe that Yotsuba was able to run so fast that she was able to arrive at the infirmary or classroom maybe before Fuutarou was able to open the door (Fuutarou was literally in front of the door whilst the school were announcing and Yotsuba was outside of the school whilst the school were announcing)
KohakuPatisDec 4, 2019 3:36 AM
Dec 4, 2019 3:42 AM
Dec 2019
I think this will be a plot twice in next chapter, but when fuutarou end with yotsuba I think it's no problem for me..
Dec 4, 2019 4:05 AM
Dec 2019
Yotsuba probably is my least favorite out of the quint, so i never really understand Fuutarou decision here. Miku and Nino have done a lot more than Yotsuba, so idk how to feel about this new chapter.
Dec 4, 2019 5:43 AM

Feb 2012
I'm so glad yotsuba won (hope that it stays that way next chapter). She definitely deserved it since she was the first to recognize fuutarou in the beginning when they first transferred to the school... she was the first to fall for him way before her sisters did. She sacrificed her own happiness for the happiness of her sisters. She was about to step in when fuu-kuns childhood friend was boasting how close she is with Fuu during the school festival.

I'm happy with this!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 4, 2019 6:49 AM
Sep 2019
Aww man I really wish it would be itsuki or miku but it turns out to be my least favourite girl ...

Well all things don't turn out the way we wanted ...
Dec 4, 2019 10:57 AM
Oct 2018
Congratulations yotsuba. Seeing all this hate for ichika here provew that people are still stuck in this sweet-sweet romance cliché that harem mangs has been serving for all these years.

Ichika lost the war but has gained the most supportive and loyal fans.
Dec 4, 2019 11:02 AM
Jan 2017
Little disappointed, Miku was my bet, and Nino was 2nd. But I hate how he broke Ninos heart. A fucking letter Futarou? Of all the props everyone gave you this is how you handle things? Nino deserved better. Glad it's ending it was dragging at this point anyways
Dec 4, 2019 11:29 AM
Apr 2019
was kinda hoping for miku the whole way through but this still makes me happy
Dec 4, 2019 12:26 PM
Jan 2018
Youtsuba huh . Yea I guess I can live with that .

Still fuu never actually responded to nino or Miku confession
Dec 4, 2019 1:53 PM

Mar 2013
I am glad and sad at the same time, still hoping for that Harem ending...but I am a sucker for Harem in the first place xD. Kinda painful knowing it will end soon.
Dec 4, 2019 2:43 PM
Jan 2018
Braxico said:
Always the same shit...these Mangaka have 0 ideas...as always whoever arrive first(in "time" chronological order) win...all this fking genre manga have the same end...BORING

But you would have been fine if itsuki won who was the first girl to be introduced
Dec 4, 2019 3:06 PM

Aug 2010
So it's been decided. So many mixed feelings. While I'm happy for Yotsuba, I really feel for Miku and also Nino. Miku & Nino falling for Futarou was basically the center point of the manga. Basically their entire characters were centered around falling in love with him and how they changed/developed due to these feelings.

Now it's pretty clear that Futarou didn't see them as nything more than just friends and his love for his childhood friend was always there. Negi better do a great explanation of this the next few chapters. Or else the ending won't be too satisfying.

I can't feel too salty though because I thought he was going to pull some BS and make Itsuki win out of no where. He chose a safer route in that sense.
Dec 4, 2019 3:50 PM
Jan 2017
I can live with Yotsuba, it's like picking an umbrella answer in a multiple choice test. He did Nino dirty, instead of telling Nino personally he took the pussy way out. Pissed me off when Miku was another just another red herring, when she obviously worked the hardest. You can delete every Miku panel rhere was and you'll never miss a thing with this ending.

End the fucking manga already, dragging ass plot.
Dec 4, 2019 4:36 PM

Mar 2014
Make Yotsuba win all you want Negi, I'm fine with that. But don't go and make Nino cry you fucking bastard, that and her hug with Miku were a slap to the face after how much focus they had in the series.

Still, I'm not calling wins for Yotsuba until next week because something feels off about that ending and wouldn't be surprised if there's more to it. But even if I'm wrong and Yotsuba actually wins, I really need to see Fuutarou's thoughts and why he chose her to 100% accept his decision (this would've been with any quint tho, even Nino and Miku).
Dec 4, 2019 7:29 PM
Feb 2016
Goddamit Miku didn't win. Yotsuba was one of my other top picks but damn, that hit me in the heart sadly. I prefer Miku over Yotsuba in all honesty
Dec 4, 2019 9:11 PM
Jan 2019
I loved the result of this Episode.

I was actually thinking Ituski was the winning girl the whole time, which may still be true depends on the little "might be twist" way this episode presented it.

But honestly, I was so happy when I first found out Yots is the final bride. Rena herself, the helping personality that aligns perfectly with Fuu, and the heartbreaking moment when you saw her crying so hard thinking it will never be her. It all starts to make me believe Yots, who seems to be the side story of all other sisters, should definitely deserve the best attention. As the mange presented as it is.

I sat down and thought about the end result. Being a die-hard fan for Onodera, I hated every moment of Nisekoi's ending. But for The Quintessential Quintuplets, I am having a hard time to get mad at any possible results of the ending. I am very appreciative towards the effort the author has put into the manga. It is truly a masterpiece!
Dec 4, 2019 10:14 PM
Dec 2019
Yots4Life
Would love to see fuuts prespective and feelings towards her on the next chapters

And if it turns out to be another troll/twist,negi should be prepared for a mass riot
Dec 4, 2019 11:57 PM

Sep 2017
this is why i hate harem without fantasy genre

seriously, Yotsubmarine is too OP

and this panel, dude

I CANT FUCKING BEAR SEEING MY SHIPS CRUSHED AND SUNK LIKE THAT!
Dec 5, 2019 12:01 AM
Apr 2019
Nino is crying oh nooooooo... but still yotsuba deserve it after what she's done for her sister and fuu.. good job negi now i can end this without any complain
Dec 5, 2019 12:03 AM
Apr 2019
Wrockzenie said:
Make Yotsuba win all you want Negi, I'm fine with that. But don't go and make Nino cry you fucking bastard, that and her hug with Miku were a slap to the face after how much focus they had in the series.

Still, I'm not calling wins for Yotsuba until next week because something feels off about that ending and wouldn't be surprised if there's more to it. But even if I'm wrong and Yotsuba actually wins, I really need to see Fuutarou's thoughts and why he chose her to 100% accept his decision (this would've been with any quint tho, even Nino and Miku).
i feel you but i don't feel that bastard thing. still yots deserve it
Dec 5, 2019 12:05 AM
Apr 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Braxico said:
Always the same shit...these Mangaka have 0 ideas...as always whoever arrive first(in "time" chronological order) win...all this fking genre manga have the same end...BORING

But you would have been fine if itsuki won who was the first girl to be introduced
someones mad get the water department
Dec 5, 2019 12:42 AM

Apr 2008
Mattinator95 said:

Actualy, we don't see a great evolution of Fuutaro. We don't feel if he is really in love. That the biggest problem with the manga with we don't care about the protagonist.
Dec 5, 2019 1:46 AM
Jun 2011
Congintive said:
Someone, please tell me that it's a lie just can't stand Nino and Miku crying why the heck u have to do this Negi.

Please please make it Nino or Miku.

Im just fucking crying right now u can't do this man u just can't.
I loved yotsuba since the start of the manga so I happy with this
Dec 5, 2019 2:05 AM
Jun 2011
AZY-sama said:
noel3 said:
yes it was, yotsuba's room is the infirmary. it would be reaally weird if this was a bait since fuutarou also chose the orange juice. it doesn't seem likely to me. also as i said, why would he buy food to eat with the girl he's about to reject? i think yotsuba really is his choice.

no, don't spit facts on me, lemme live in denial for at least this week :((( sometimes, ignorance is a bliss

I'm pissed at Negi for ruling out both Nino and Miku but that's a little too much, I know this was bound to happen sooner or later but I really feel bad for him, no one would like to see the work he has been putting all his soul into for years now gets burned in such a way
I liked futtaru choice since I liked yotsuba since the start of the manga and her interactions
Dec 5, 2019 2:27 AM
Nov 2019
zalapeno said:
this is why i hate harem without fantasy genre

seriously, Yotsubmarine is too OP

and this panel, dude

I CANT FUCKING BEAR SEEING MY SHIPS CRUSHED AND SUNK LIKE THAT!
I couldn't fking sleep, I can't close my eyes without imagining Nino's face with tears
Dec 5, 2019 2:35 AM

Jan 2018
elior1 said:
Congintive said:
Someone, please tell me that it's a lie just can't stand Nino and Miku crying why the heck u have to do this Negi.

Please please make it Nino or Miku.

Im just fucking crying right now u can't do this man u just can't.

The problem isn't Yots winning but seeing Nino crying shit man I still felt my heart breaking everytime whenever I see Nino wallpapers.

I mean just look at this man.

I'm just going to say that fuck u negi for making her cry.
Dec 5, 2019 2:45 AM
Jun 2011
Congintive said:
elior1 said:

The problem isn't Yots winning but seeing Nino crying shit man I still felt my heart breaking everytime whenever I see Nino wallpapers.

but about futarru choice you don't mind if we consider all her help and put herself before others right?
Dec 5, 2019 2:48 AM

Jan 2018
elior1 said:
Congintive said:

but about futarru choice you don't mind if we consider all her help and put herself before others right?

I don't care I just know that Negi did both Miku and Nino bad even though I didn't hate any girl but whatever u won't understand my pain anyways.
Dec 5, 2019 3:04 AM
Jun 2011
Congintive said:
elior1 said:

I don't care I just know that Negi did both Miku and Nino bad even though I didn't hate any girl but whatever u won't understand my pain anyways.
I understend your pain even if I liked yotsuba from the start. those tears were sad and heartbreaking. also putting this aside did you liked futtaru choice or not?
Dec 5, 2019 3:44 AM

Sep 2017
Congintive said:
elior1 said:

dude, i feel your pain as well. the facts that nino was waiting until miku comes just make me sad even more, she really hoped that fuutarou choose her.
Dec 5, 2019 3:45 AM

Jan 2018
elior1 said:
Congintive said:

I understend your pain even if I liked yotsuba from the start. those tears were sad and heartbreaking. also putting this aside did you liked futtaru choice or not?

Nah, Miku or Nino or Itsuki because I'm not a fan of athletic girls or actress u know.
Dec 5, 2019 3:51 AM
Jan 2017
elior1 said:
Congintive said:

Maybe if the almighty Negi wasn't busy decorating his Manga with Miku and Nino's panels and more towards Yots and Fuu's then his audience would believe his plot decision. Lmao. A fucking letter. Really. Didn't even have the balls. Anyways GG's
Dec 5, 2019 3:58 AM
Jun 2011
crimson_fukr said:
elior1 said:

Maybe if the almighty Negi wasn't busy decorating his Manga with Miku and Nino's panels and more towards Yots and Fuu's then his audience would believe his plot decision. Lmao. A fucking letter. Really. Didn't even have the balls. Anyways GG's
the obvious hints for yotsuba win were the orange juice the rest area and the ticket
Dec 5, 2019 6:02 AM

Mar 2016
crimson_fukr said:
elior1 said:

What letter? There wasn’t a letter this chapter.
Dec 5, 2019 6:17 AM
Jul 2014
Hey, that's not Nino! Wha-ha-hy?

Okay, actually I never had much hope for my girl, but still hurts.

I never hated/disliked any of the girls, all of them are good, and Yotsuba makes sense, she was just my least favorite. And her sudden development with her backstory arc, was my only problem with the story. It felt forced, just so she could have something going for her, while the other girls were developed more naturally, and in "real time". This is why Nino is my favorite (who was my least favorite until S1 events), because we've seen her feelings developed during the present time, and her relationship with Fuutarou grow from the worst, to a pretty nice one, and it felt like Fuutarou is into her in some extent, while I always felt he's the closest to Miku. Yotsuba makes sense in a plot standpoint for sure, but in the manga, aside from subtle foreshadowings like the orange juice, he looked like he doesn't even care about Yotsuba much, maybe sometimes he was even bothered by her.

Ituski never felt like he's in love with him, so that wouldn't happen, and Ichika lost when she crossed the line in the love of war between sisters. Soi I guessed it would be Miku, or Yotsuba, and hoped for Nino, who I think actually deserved it. She loves, and supports her sisters, while deeply in love with Fuutarou, but also thinks of her sisters, like how she encouraged Miku to be worthy of her rivalry, because she wants to win in a fair game was the best thing anyone did in this series. It had the power of sisterly love, and her love for Fuutarou.

I'm 99% sure Yotsuba is the wife, I don't agree, but accept it. Just make sense of it in later chapters, Negi, that's all I want. Thanks.
Dec 5, 2019 8:18 AM
Oct 2019
I have mixed feelings about the "reveal". On the one hand I'm glad it's not itsuki who's shown little romantic interest towards fuutarou. Negi didn't just go with the resident tsundere, first girl trope (well not technically). And for a change we didn't have the annoying girl doing a complete 180 winning simply for "character development" either.

Miku definitely remained my favorite throughout. She also seemed to be given the most screentime (in the anime) and also got sufficient development that wasn't overly forced or rushed. I feel like Yotsuba didn't actually have the same romantic scenes and chemistry with fuutarou the way each of the other girls did (itsuki aside). Miku to me was built up as main girl (from the school trip where they all helped her. Foreshadowing I thought :(

Nonetheless not upset because Yots is such a loveable, self sacrificing character in of herself. She was welcoming towards him from the beginning and put his feelings first. Such a change from the tedious hostile girl routine we often see. Genki girl for the win!... But I still feel like they didn't handle her romance with fuutarou very well.
Dec 5, 2019 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
KiraYoshikage said:
Mattinator95 said:

Actualy, we don't see a great evolution of Fuutaro. We don't feel if he is really in love. That the biggest problem with the manga with we don't care about the protagonist.

Spot on! We aren't actually given any insight throughout about where his heart could be at. Whilst that's great for the "mystery" for who he chooses, we don't really get a sense of what he's truly likes and wants.
Dec 5, 2019 8:39 AM
Feb 2016

Honestly seeing this makes me kinda happy tbh. And before you say that's a rude thing to do, this is also happening in the current comic industry in the West for most of the terrible comics that are being written. Yotsuba doesn't deserve the win at all over Nino and Miku
Dec 5, 2019 9:59 AM
Jan 2018
BallisticRiot said:
HeroSoulReaperX said:
welp im stumped not that i have a problem with yotsuba just didnt think she had a shot. unless its one of these things where he goes to the other 4 before picking number 5

If you have time skim through this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o8JbWk5SalcNZqAPXQdIfwfG7G3pgzQS/view?fbclid=IwAR3uH4AIq6TtXGSde8MqB8g7Wm7UttUDdsxvwTp2VGnH7mpcnGWnXQeSJRg

It was clearly Yotsuba all along. This was information compiled prior to Chapter 86 being released which was over 6 months ago

Reminds me of the 40 page essay someone did with Miku
Dec 5, 2019 3:27 PM

Jun 2016
Look at all the immature people in the comments lmao. Chinese 'fans' burning volumes because their waifu didn't get the boy.... honestly this situation is reminding me of Re:Zero, you know what i am talking about.
Yotsuba deserved it more than any other girl and had the best foreshadowing moments since the very begining. Does this mean she had to be the winner? No, but she makes the most sense. You can be unhappy about your favorite not being chosen but it really isn't your decision, it's Fuutarou's.
Before this chapter almost everyone was saying they wouldn't mind Yotsuba being the bride even if she wasn't their first choice, then the reveal comes and they start hating on her character, the story and even the author, absolutly amazing.
Dec 5, 2019 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
I understand being upset about your favorite losing, but burning a manga?! That's taking it too far. Why not sell it instead if you don't want it anymore?

Beside that, I'm surprised people are getting this salty over Yotsuba winning. Imagine if Itsuki had won instead. The salt would be endless.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.