Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2019 7:13 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A-aah~ Fuutarou picks the first girl he met.

Thinking about it, she was the only one who has been cooperative with almost every decision Fuutarou ever made and was trying to be on the sidelines and support her sisters. Not that I am happy about it because everyone knows how much I liked Miku. But then again, she was my second favourite of the quints because of her positive sides far outweighed her negative sides but those were of the past as well.

But then again, she never really did enough in comparison to her other sisters, especially Miku and Nino, to get Fuutarou's affection. Was it the small things that added up and made Fuutarou fall for her? But Negi will need to do enough convincing to change my mind that she was the right pick. Ichika was never an option after Negi made her into a villain. Itsuki was never an option either because she never showed any romantic feelings for Fuutarou and the only one who actually knew about Yotsuba's long history with Fuutarou.

I stand by the fact that the manga lost a lot of steam after the scrambled eggs arc. But props to Negi for finishing it while it was hot. And he actually picked a girl who has been neutrals' favourite and second favourite overall.

The manga will now most likely end in 8-9 chapter wrapping up why Fuutarou decided on Yotsuba followed by the wedding and a time-skip arc. I guess we will start with the bell kisser reveal.
shanimebibDec 1, 2019 7:31 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 1, 2019 11:12 PM

Jul 2014
Is this real life? am I not dreaming? did Yots actually win? is she actually the bride? holy fucking shiasfnjkdsnfjdsfndskjlnfjkdsanfdasbf.
My main girl actually fcking won! props Negi. Now I'm gonna have to buy the whole damn manga's physical copy.
Dec 1, 2019 11:28 PM
Apr 2019
Told ya as long as Yotsuba isn't revealed to be Rena, the story can always turn around. Now Fuutarou gonna say how he felt she was Rena and all that. As least it's a result the masses can live with.
Dec 1, 2019 11:53 PM
Apr 2014
ah fuck pls be true, it would be really cruel if this is a bait from Negi
Dec 2, 2019 12:14 AM

Jun 2014
oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

Dec 2, 2019 12:33 AM
Nov 2019
Man, I don't know what happened in the chapter but from what I'm seeing Yotsuba was picked (Kinda hoping he would say "Oh wrong room jk) but I'm indeed happy because I'm a supporter of Anyone except Itsuki but I still hope that Negi would create an ending for each sister like School Days' alternate death scenes he could make a Quints alternate bride scene but I doubt it, it would definitely be pleasant (This is why I'm trying to learn how to draw manga) or maybe like when Yotsuba or another Quint get married (I'm trying to get my hopes up here) the other would commit suicide...... Though I can still watch season 2 of the anime and enjoy The quints' adventure again I'm happy with Negi's choice, and sure do hope that he doesn't bait and just continues on
Dec 2, 2019 1:19 AM

Jan 2018
Wait..........what!!!

I mean I like all the quints but I always thought Yotsuba had the least chance to win.
Dec 2, 2019 2:00 AM

Mar 2016
Haven’t read the chapter yet, but if what I’m reading is true, at least my second pick won. I think this is an outcome most would be able to accept even if Yotsuba wasn’t their main ship.

Anything besides Itsuki or Ichika winning, lol...
Dec 2, 2019 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
Still think that there is a twist in the story left. If that doesn't happen, it would be interesting to see Fuutarou's perspective now.
Dec 2, 2019 3:18 AM
Feb 2019
Hmm. I wonder if Fuutarou knew that Yotsuba was Rena all along.
Dec 2, 2019 3:21 AM

Nov 2019
heck yes. always believed in yots
Dec 2, 2019 3:56 AM
Jul 2017
OK. Yotsubros for the win. Congratulations. Or so I would say if it wasn't for Negi.
Yotsuba won but she ain't the bride people.

Heartbreaking to see Nino cry.
I thought it was gonna be Itsuki or miku. But it feels nice to see the two people who met 5 years ago get together after so long.

And now we will get Fuu's version of the whole part and why it was Yotsuba.
But man, Fuu's got balls. He actually chose one. I've never screamed so much since..... well a pretty long time.

Now, what next? Hyped for the next arc.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Dec 2, 2019 4:12 AM
Jul 2017
Ok. Re read the chapter.
Sorry people.
But I feel like something is wrong here.
Yotsuba was searching for her phone and ended up at that place where Fuu opens the door.
Why do I get the feeling that he chose Itsuki and she was talking to him?
It leaves me unsettled......
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Dec 2, 2019 4:28 AM
Jul 2017
shanimebib said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

Thinking about it, she was the only one who has been cooperative with almost every decision Fuutarou ever made and was trying to be on the sidelines and support her sisters. Not that I am happy about it because everyone knows how much I liked Miku. But then again, she was my second favourite of the quints because of her positive sides far outweighed her negative sides but those were of the past as well.

But then again, she never really did enough in comparison to her other sisters, especially Miku and Nino, to get Fuutarou's affection. Was it the small things that added up and made Fuutarou fall for her? But Negi will need to do enough convincing to change my mind that she was the right pick. Ichika was never an option after Negi made her into a villain. Itsuki was never an option either because she never showed any romantic feelings for Fuutarou and the only one who actually knew about Yotsuba's long history with Fuutarou.

I stand by the fact that the manga lost a lot of steam after the scrambled eggs arc. But props to Negi for finishing it while it was hot. And he actually picked a girl who has been neutrals' favourite and second favourite overall.

The manga will now most likely end in 8-9 chapter wrapping up why Fuutarou decided on Yotsuba followed by the wedding and a time-skip arc. I guess we will start with the bell kisser reveal.

Do you think it's gonna end so soon?
I guess they still have a lot to cover.
There's about 2-3 years more to see. Just because he chose her doesn't mean that his choice won't change. Though I also feel that it won't change.
I wanted to see the arc with Fuutarou's mom and the past about isanari and maruo.
Maybe Negi can fit it into these few chapters. But I hope we get a proper explanation and a few more chapter and not some tine skip to the wedding.
That would just seem weird.
Dec 2, 2019 4:53 AM

Nov 2015
the scene where Nino starts crying after Miku showed up, with that warm smile, to tell her that it's all over really tore my heart into pieces

did Fuu just rule out both of Nino and Miku? cause that's how I feel after reading this chapter

it's too early to presume anything, hopefully we get proper answers next chapter

inb4 Nino and Miku prepare Fuu's wedding cake, it's Nisekoi all over but now I feel #TeamOnodera's pain now that I'm in the apparently losing side
Dec 2, 2019 5:14 AM

Jan 2018
Someone, please tell me that it's a lie just can't stand Nino and Miku crying why the heck u have to do this Negi.

Please please make it Nino or Miku.

Im just fucking crying right now u can't do this man u just can't.
CongintiveDec 2, 2019 5:25 AM
Dec 2, 2019 5:14 AM

Nov 2019

AZY-sama said:
the scene where Nino starts crying after Miku showed up, with that warm smile, to tell her that it's all over really tore my heart into pieces

did Fuu just rule out both of Nino and Miku? cause that's how I feel after reading this chapter

it's too early to presume anything, hopefully we get proper answers next chapter

inb4 Nino and Miku prepare Fuu's wedding cake, it's Nisekoi all over but now I feel #TeamOnodera's pain now that I'm in the apparently losing side

itsuki told fuu to go to the room of his chosen one only. he goes to yotsuba. there's also a flashback from chapter 102 where he chose the orange juice drink for ichika, meaning he told ichika already that he was going to choose yotsuba (in an indirect way).

he doesn't have any money, but he bought karaage with yotsuba's voucher to eat it together with her. so it's pretty much confirmed she's his choice.

another thing, while he was talking with the boys about liking one of the quints, he notices two girls appreciating the chair area yotsuba set up, and he smiles, meaning he was thinking about yotsuba.

so everyone else is rejected.

noelXDec 2, 2019 5:38 AM
Dec 2, 2019 6:24 AM

Jun 2017
SHE DID IT YOTSUBROS , SHE DID IT.
I was prepared myself Itsuki end or Nino end but holy shit she WIN!
Not most popular girl
Not first girl or Bitchika.Promised genki girl win. She deserve it.
Dec 2, 2019 6:44 AM
Nov 2019
waaah </3 even thought i want fuu ended up with Ichika. But who would have thought it's gonna be Yotsuba. Im so really sad for Nino
Dec 2, 2019 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
MakingTheMaouCry said:
shanimebib said:

Do you think it's gonna end so soon?
I guess they still have a lot to cover.
There's about 2-3 years more to see. Just because he chose her doesn't mean that his choice won't change. Though I also feel that it won't change.
I wanted to see the arc with Fuutarou's mom and the past about isanari and maruo.
Maybe Negi can fit it into these few chapters. But I hope we get a proper explanation and a few more chapter and not some tine skip to the wedding.
That would just seem weird.

There are a lot of speculations going on including Quints switching places (Itsuki and Yotsuba) because of their faces immediately after the pinky hold and test Fuutarou's ability to really identify them. So, the one in the room could be Itsuki in disguise of Yotsuba. So, the end girl is Itsuki. It goes with the previous Yotsuba and Itsuki planned for the Rena act and all the talk in the chapter if Fuutarou could identify them.

But let's just put away all these speculations and just think the Neutrals' favourite won.

As for the number of chapters, Volume 13 is supposed to end with this chapter (112). So, at least we will have 9 more chapters for the final volume, if that is, THE final volume, i.e. the 14th. There are cases when the final volumes are longer, so Volume 13 could also have 2 or 3 chapters extra.

But then again, these don't add up considering the anime in January. Even if there is just one volume left (i.e the 14th), the anime will only be in its 4th episode when the manga will be over. It just doesn't add up from business point of view.

You can already tell that Bokuben is nearing the end because of how many chapters got skipped in that adaptation. So, I am expecting a lot of chapters being skipped in this one in January as well. Although, I dunno how it would work because Bokuben uses reset button a lot so skipping chapters doesn't really affect that much unlike this one.
shanimebibDec 2, 2019 7:09 AM
Coronavirus.
Dec 2, 2019 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
So Fuutoaru finally made up his mind, and it's Yotsuba!

I guess this fall into "first girl" trope since Yotsuba was basically the first sister he actually meets 5 years ago. I am really fine with any her picks besides Itsuki so I am happy with this result.

Looks like Nino waited until after the schedule and Miku had to pick her up, poor girl </3.
Dec 2, 2019 8:08 AM

Nov 2007
Devil_Slayer said:
Looks like Nino waited until after the schedule and Miku had to pick her up, poor girl </3.

Nino was the only one of the rejected three who was hoping she had a chance so she kept on waiting. Miku coming in to get Nino proves that Miku knew it would be Yotsuba, or at least, neither her nor Nino. That's why she came to pick Nino up. Ichika also knew it because of the juice Fuutarou picked from the vending machine.

If you recall their faces after the pinky hold, it would make sense.
Coronavirus.
Dec 2, 2019 8:18 AM

Feb 2013
Aori_Gleeful said:
Not most popular girl

Err... Yotsuba is LITERALLY the first quint he has ever met.
Dec 2, 2019 8:34 AM

Jun 2017
Skyguardian said:
Aori_Gleeful said:
Not most popular girl

I meant Itsuki.She is the first girl trope.
Dec 2, 2019 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Not that I've read the chapter, but if what I'm reading here is true. Then good thing, Yotsuba won. She seriously deserved it after Miku. Yes, not even Nino deserved it. Nino never changed she was the same (saying for those people who began liking her thinking she changed). Well, whatever I'm glad with the decision (gonna raise the score now lol). Also, the first girl is actually Itsuki even if Yotsuba met Fuutarou during their childhood. So no, this isn't the same as other harem series where first girl but go ahead shit on the series, I'd say. Well, those recent low tier chapters got me. Good game, Negi.

Though, it's a bit sad since Miku was my first pick. But I'm really glad Yotsuba won, my second favorite... Will definitely give this series a re-read once it ends, since right now I don't remember much about anything.

EDIT 2: The rate of progress of individual characters in this series was quite terrible. Like how Miku's real progress stopped around the time Nino confessed (don't know the exact chapter). I've said it several times that author wasn't being fair to Miku and that he made others (excluding Yotsuba) progress more than her. Well, whatever Yotsuba won so it's good. As long as, it wasn't Itsuki or Ichika.
KatsutoSakiDec 2, 2019 9:23 AM
Dec 2, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2015
first one to get rejected?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 2, 2019 10:05 AM

Oct 2013
Yea..... no.

Did she win out of pity? She barely had any screentime and the "foreshadowing" could be said about any girl pretty much.

Negi, you've been giving us tons of twists since the start of the manga, there's literally no reason to suddenly "play it fair".

Not satisfied with Yotsuba, honestly. Even if Nino who is my best doesn't win, I'd prefer Miku or even Itsuki.

Wasn't the entire manga about "hard work" at studies? Then why does she win when she did pretty much nothing?

/salt

Kuma said:

Considering Nino and Miku waited until the end with nothing, then he probably followed the rules and entered only the room of the girl he loves

Unless there's a twist
Dec 2, 2019 10:50 AM
Dec 2018
Aori_Gleeful said:
Skyguardian said:

I meant Itsuki.She is the first girl trope.
so yotsuba fall to childhood friend then. First girl is the one that appear first on the manga or anime and childhood friend is the one that was the first meet or friend from childhood. So can we say finally there is a worthy childhood friends trope win after so many first girl win in many popular series.
Dec 2, 2019 10:53 AM

Mar 2015
dadnaya said:
Kuma said:

Considering Nino and Miku waited until the end with nothing, then he probably followed the rules and entered only the room of the girl he loves

Unless there's a twist
it's not even yotsuba room. she there to pick up her phone she forgot.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 2, 2019 11:27 AM

Nov 2015
noel3 said:
itsuki told fuu to go to the room of his chosen one only. he goes to yotsuba. there's also a flashback from chapter 102 where he chose the orange juice drink for ichika, meaning he told ichika already that he was going to choose yotsuba (in an indirect way).

yeh but was that Yotsuba's room? cause that doesn't seem so to me, and as a lot of other people noticed that too
that still confuses me, so knowing Negi, I wouldn't be surprised if that was all a bait

T^T
Dec 2, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
I mean, Fuutarou still recognized her at the end of the chapter and having him not able to separate them this late into the game is pretty cheap writing, I can see being suspicious tho.

We know for sure that eldest 3 are out tho, it's between Yostuba and Itsuki.
Dec 2, 2019 11:54 AM

Nov 2019
AZY-sama said:
noel3 said:

yeh but was that Yotsuba's room? cause that doesn't seem so to me, and as a lot of other people noticed that too
that still confuses me, so knowing Negi, I wouldn't be surprised if that was all a bait

T^T

yes it was, yotsuba's room is the infirmary. it would be reaally weird if this was a bait since fuutarou also chose the orange juice. it doesn't seem likely to me. also as i said, why would he buy food to eat with the girl he's about to reject? i think yotsuba really is his choice.
Dec 2, 2019 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
noel3 said:
AZY-sama said:

T^T

yes it was, yotsuba's room is the infirmary. it would be reaally weird if this was a bait since fuutarou also chose the orange juice. it doesn't seem likely to me. also as i said, why would he buy food to eat with the girl he's about to reject? i think yotsuba really is his choice.

"Fuutarou knows that Yotsuba went to the infirmary that day. He smiles that she set up the rest area for the students. The orange juice, the karaage ticket are also there. He went there on purpose 100%."

Yeah, I agree.
Dec 2, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Unless some REALLY cheap trolling happens next week, this is it.

All left is to show us is Fuutarou side of things.
Dec 2, 2019 3:19 PM
May 2018
AZY-sama said:
noel3 said:

T^T

Even if its True that Nino, miku and ichika are out of list now because of the rooms they were in. And its heartbreaking.
Still there can be a twist but..... BTW how fuu knows about which room is for which quin? That wasnt mention in manga probably so im interested a Little

Yea #TEAMNINO EVEN WHEN SHE DOESNT WON THE WAIFUS BATTLE <\3
Dec 2, 2019 4:36 PM
Oct 2018
Now I am waiting for the 'a certain girl and I' arc...
Dec 2, 2019 6:43 PM
Oct 2018
Well at least we have a 50-50 chance to get it right between Itsuki and Yotsuba but from the clues like Juice and karaage
I think there is actually a 90% chance he ends up with Yotsuba unless Negi pulls the rug on us again and makes it about just him resolving things with the real Rena. Another possibility Negi pulls a bait and switch on us like how he pulled one on us when we thought Itsuki was Rena but it turns out to be Yotsuba
Avenger3283Dec 2, 2019 7:23 PM
Dec 2, 2019 7:47 PM
Dec 2018
In the final chapter Fuu reminisces about his adventures with the quints as he heads towards the wedding. He gets so lost in thought that he forgets to look both ways before crossing the street, and gets hit by Truck Kun. He dies in his tuxedo. He awakens at the gates of heaven where he is greeted by Negi. Negi reveals that Fuu's life was actually a manga that he created. He offers Fuu another shot at life, but demands that Fuu marry all five of the quints in order to please all of the fans. Fuu accepts his terms and wakes up in the hospital. The five quints are all beside him. He proposes to the remaining four sisters and they accept his proposal. Then they all live happily ever after. The end.
Dec 2, 2019 8:02 PM

Oct 2015
mmmm
tears of the losers are delicous
:alterasip:
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Dec 2, 2019 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
mmmm

Now just wait until it's revealed that Itsuki was disguised as Yotsuba all along.
Dec 2, 2019 8:31 PM

Oct 2015
Timeless- said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
mmmm

Now just wait until it's revealed that Itsuki was disguised as Yotsuba all along.

mean well no
then it would just mean i get to drink someis tear too :>
like i actually dont mind eatsuki plz

either way i already won no matter who is picked
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Dec 3, 2019 1:35 AM

Mar 2015
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av77824279

the burning has begun.
Dec 3, 2019 2:38 AM

Jan 2018

It's only going to get worse from here now and I guess this was bound to happen because he made the best girls cry.
Dec 3, 2019 4:39 AM

Nov 2015
noel3 said:

no, don't spit facts on me, lemme live in denial for at least this week :((( sometimes, ignorance is a bliss

I'm pissed at Negi for ruling out both Nino and Miku but that's a little too much, I know this was bound to happen sooner or later but I really feel bad for him, no one would like to see the work he has been putting all his soul into for years now gets burned in such a way
Dec 3, 2019 5:52 AM
Nov 2015

In reality I was rooting for Nino but I liked his choice anyway...
felipeliborioDec 3, 2019 5:56 AM
Dec 3, 2019 7:24 AM

Feb 2013
Kuma said:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av77824279

the burning has begun.

Now stuff like this is next level stupidity.
Dec 3, 2019 7:45 AM

Mar 2018
noel3 said:

AZY-sama said:

he doesn't have any money, but he bought karaage with yotsuba's voucher to eat it together with her. so it's pretty much confirmed she's his choice.

another thing, while he was talking with the boys about liking one of the quints, he notices two girls appreciating the chair area yotsuba set up, and he smiles, meaning he was thinking about yotsuba.

This guy quints.

I would never get that details you mentioned unless I re-read the whole manga.Well done.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Dec 3, 2019 8:31 AM
May 2017
That caught me a bit off guard!!

In the last 10 chapters i already have a feeling that it would be either Itsuki or Yotsuba for the endgirl. But up until now i'm still not sure if Yots was the bell kisser. Really excited about next week tho!!

noel3 said:

AZY-sama said:

Damn! How come i didn't notice those small details earlier?!

Dec 3, 2019 8:48 AM
???

May 2014
Well, I hope everyone can swim because all of our ships have just sunk. I did not expect it to be Yotsuba, but then again she was the first one to accept him right away when he first started to tutor them.

" a scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream. i want to line the pieces up--yours and mine. "

Dec 3, 2019 8:54 AM
Mar 2015
Our boy takes a whole chapter just to get to where the girls are
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.