Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 3, 2019 9:08 AM

Mar 2018
Something's off. I don't think is official yet but still Negi is a madman
Dec 3, 2019 9:13 AM

Aug 2016
Sad that nino was crying :( but yotsuba thoo let's gooooooooooo
Dec 3, 2019 9:17 AM

Jul 2014
I never took this manga too seriously and I thought I wouldn't mind the choice, but this one somehow made me want to throw my cellphone into the wall lol. I'm not sure if a predictable choice would be really bad, but this is also very bad...
LeviathanTheEspDec 3, 2019 9:21 AM
Dec 3, 2019 9:22 AM

Feb 2018
OMG yo wtf , I'm shaking right now can't believe he actually went with yotsuba, man this is depressing af plz don't do my girl Nino like that, this came out of nowhere what the hell. Please tell me this isn't the endgame. Man I feel betrayed. there goes my hopes for a itsuki arc

Looks like fuutarou was well aware that yotsuba was the girl he met with first, goddamn it negi.

Pls give me a Nino or a harem ending if it's not too late
Dec 3, 2019 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
My gosh my fav quint actually won, the best girl wins.
Dec 3, 2019 10:07 AM
Dec 2019
Is it me or am I the only one who only wants the harem end? I know I’m projecting a lot of expectation but after getting to know all of the girls it just seems impossible for me to pick a favorite. Maybe an unpopular opinion but it was quite a let down for me if the story ends with just one girl.
Dec 3, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 2015
Really, dude? Really?

Nah, don't care anymore
Dec 3, 2019 10:11 AM
May 2016
Always the same shit...these Mangaka have 0 ideas...as always whoever arrive first(in "time" chronological order) win...all this fking genre manga have the same end...BORING
Dec 3, 2019 10:17 AM

Sep 2018
Even thou Miku was my number 1 and Nino/Yotsuba number 2,i'm still so happy for Yotsuba!!!

Cant wait for the next chapter!
well that's just my opinion.....
Dec 3, 2019 10:19 AM

Oct 2013
Kuma said:
dadnaya said:

Considering Nino and Miku waited until the end with nothing, then he probably followed the rules and entered only the room of the girl he loves

Unless there's a twist
it's not even yotsuba room. she there to pick up her phone she forgot.

Pretty sure it was indeed her room since he went there. No reason for him to go for a random place if he didn't know a girl was there.

She wasn't there because... Well, we're not sure. She probably didn't think she'd win so she gave up but then noticed she forgot her phone
Dec 3, 2019 10:23 AM
Dec 2019
Well, I feel pissed off. I honestly was hoping for Miku to win, but I would have been ok if it had been nino or ichika. This is because Yotsuba and Itsuki had NO reason to love Fuutarou. Like, them loving him is more like a plot tool rather then actual development. They just love him cuz why not. On the other hand, Nino ichika and Miku had actually been trying to win Fuutarou over.

My conclusion: Bullshit, and I hope this will go on the next chapter like "jk, soz".
Dec 3, 2019 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
Rui in DomeKano, Yotsuba here. My ships are sailing and I couldn't be happier. All that's left is Ogata in BokuBen and my trio of current Harem ships are complete. xD
Dec 3, 2019 10:43 AM
May 2019
MakingTheMaouCry said:
Ok. Re read the chapter.
Sorry people.
But I feel like something is wrong here.
Yotsuba was searching for her phone and ended up at that place where Fuu opens the door.
Why do I get the feeling that he chose Itsuki and she was talking to him?
It leaves me unsettled......
Gaahhhh yr makin me reaaaaalllly anxious but considering the author of this manga is Negi.. i am not surprised. Dude just loves to twist things mann. It does look like a possibility that Fuu is talking to Itsuki. I still hope Yotsuba is the end girl😭😭😭😭
Dec 3, 2019 10:45 AM
May 2019
dadnaya said:
Kuma said:

Pretty sure it was indeed her room since he went there. No reason for him to go for a random place if he didn't know a girl was there.

She wasn't there because... Well, we're not sure. She probably didn't think she'd win so she gave up but then noticed she forgot her phone
Oh gosh u could be right too.. NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE JUST CONE ALREADY GODDAMMIT
Dec 3, 2019 10:57 AM
May 2019
noel3 said:

AZY-sama said:
the scene where Nino starts crying after Miku showed up, with that warm smile, to tell her that it's all over really tore my heart into pieces

did Fuu just rule out both of Nino and Miku? cause that's how I feel after reading this chapter

it's too early to presume anything, hopefully we get proper answers next chapter

inb4 Nino and Miku prepare Fuu's wedding cake, it's Nisekoi all over but now I feel #TeamOnodera's pain now that I'm in the apparently losing side

itsuki told fuu to go to the room of his chosen one only. he goes to yotsuba. there's also a flashback from chapter 102 where he chose the orange juice drink for ichika, meaning he told ichika already that he was going to choose yotsuba (in an indirect way).

he doesn't have any money, but he bought karaage with yotsuba's voucher to eat it together with her. so it's pretty much confirmed she's his choice.

another thing, while he was talking with the boys about liking one of the quints, he notices two girls appreciating the chair area yotsuba set up, and he smiles, meaning he was thinking about yotsuba.

so everyone else is rejected.

Where is the part where he ate the karaage with Yotsuba?
Dec 3, 2019 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
Seemed a bit weird. Miku and Nino losing makes sense since they were pretty consistent and up-front. Barely got to the point where Itsuki and Yotsuba would be valid picks, so despite how drawn out this arc has been, the actual conclusion comes off as weird.
Dec 3, 2019 11:23 AM

Nov 2019
Truffle_Butters said:
noel3 said:

itsuki told fuu to go to the room of his chosen one only. he goes to yotsuba. there's also a flashback from chapter 102 where he chose the orange juice drink for ichika, meaning he told ichika already that he was going to choose yotsuba (in an indirect way).

he doesn't have any money, but he bought karaage with yotsuba's voucher to eat it together with her. so it's pretty much confirmed she's his choice.

another thing, while he was talking with the boys about liking one of the quints, he notices two girls appreciating the chair area yotsuba set up, and he smiles, meaning he was thinking about yotsuba.

so everyone else is rejected.

Where is the part where he ate the karaage with Yotsuba?

he has a bag with karaage inside, he took it to yotsuba so i'm assuming he wants to eat it with her lol
Dec 3, 2019 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
Holy shit, GGs all around lads. Yotsuba truly deserved it :')
Dec 3, 2019 11:47 AM
Dec 2019
Yeeeeessssssss it was an awesome chapter!
Dec 3, 2019 11:51 AM
Sep 2019
Without a doubt the 1 star people were probably sickly over Fuu's choice, but I instantly knew that Fuu would choose Yots after her arc. Along with the subliminal messaging throughout the festival arc made it evident that she was his choice.

I was mostly on board with Nino after her confession, but Yotsuba defnitely won my heart after her attempts of trying to support her sisters rather than just herself. I never supported any of the girls throughout most of the story as I didn't get a feel for them.

Plenty of people for this fandom definitely rooted for Miku, but I didn't get anything from her personally.

I've without a doubt waited for this chapter to come after just over 2 months of waiting for his choice. I look forward to seeing how Fuu got to his choice and how it goes from here. It'll only get more interesting. I don't necessarily believe it'll end so soon. Negi might stretch it out a little more. But I believe that even if Yotsuba isn't the bride, I know for sure that either Nino and/or Miku will NOT be the bride.

Also, I'm not proofreading this, so if there are any mistakes, don't blame me. Blame college finals.
Dec 3, 2019 12:00 PM
Nov 2019
I always thought it was subtlety hinted that the author was writing for Yotsuba to win and be end game though, unless he pull a generic end and follow the "generic" itsuki trope:

Yotsuba was literally the first in almost everything:

1) first girl to meet and change/re-define MC
2) first girl to willingly accept and help MC when he met the quints for the 2nd time
3) first girl to confess directly (chapter 21) [but played it off as a joke]
4) first girl to go on a "date" with MC 1 on 1 (chapter 36)

Dec 3, 2019 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
I'm honestly surprised that the one i believed both deserved and needed to win (for both fuutarou and herself) seem to have won, not that i'm complaining.
TatsuyaDec 3, 2019 7:43 PM
Dec 3, 2019 12:32 PM

May 2013
LETS FUCKIN GO I didn’t expect the madman to actually do it
Dec 3, 2019 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
fuckkkk yeesss so glad it wasnt itsuki
Dec 3, 2019 1:00 PM
Jan 2019
The way I see this chapter is that the only people ruled out at this point are Miku, Nino, and Ichika. We know that Nino and Miku were not the chosen ones because...well crying and hugging is kind of a dead giveaway. Ichika can be implied to be ruled out as well because of the way she sees everything from the past fall into place.

Itsuki can not be ruled out yet for 2 reasons. 1. On page 15, it seems like she is surprised to see Fuutaro come into her room. This could either be him telling her that he loves her, or it could be him telling her that she is not the one he loves. If it is the latter, then why did he not go to any of the other girls' rooms? Reason number 2. She seems to be talking to him at the same time as he meets with Yotsuba. This could be either that Itsuki is talking to herself or that these events are not happening chronologically, but are actually a clever deflection to make the reader think that way.

The end is in sight, but I don't see Negi letting this end without another twist or 2. Guess we will have to wait a week to see.
Dec 3, 2019 1:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Is there a twist at some point? Did he really choose the genki? Or is it just an extension of the good ole first girl met is destiny girl no matter what?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2019 2:27 PM

Nov 2016
welp im stumped not that i have a problem with yotsuba just didnt think she had a shot. unless its one of these things where he goes to the other 4 before picking number 5
Dec 3, 2019 2:30 PM

Jun 2015
I don't mind if it is actually Yotsuba. She always tries so hard for everyone else's happiness it would be nice for her to get something herself.
:)
Dec 3, 2019 2:43 PM
Sep 2018
Now I just feel bad for anime watchers, man. Thinking about it, the second season will air in winter 2020. I just got some information that the manga will end at 17th January 2020. So there's like 7 chapters left and I can't imagine how bad the spoilers will be for anime watchers
Dec 3, 2019 2:45 PM
Dec 2019
Yeah bros, it really is Yotsuba the chosen one.
Just read the new chapter(113) and after that read the ending of chapter 100.
fuutarou says he hadn't time enough to think about it, but even so... he goes to a room and say the same thing that he says in the ending of the chapter 113, so, is yotsuba the chosen one
Dec 3, 2019 4:03 PM

Jun 2015
Ouch, it hurts... But there's always one thing that bugged me a lot when it comes to Yotsuba. She and Lolikano will always be there. She will be there until it is resolved. It doesn't matter whether both of them have moved on from the past, that thing has to be settled. It has to. I'm pretty much neutral but supported Miku so I don't mind any girl's ending. I also feel that there's more coming to it.
Dec 3, 2019 4:11 PM
Dec 2019
Before we get too carried away, a couple of points.
1) Their mom died from something incurable (probably genetic)
2) The Futaro we see in the wedding has changed a lot from where his character seems to be developing now. He is a workaholic with no time for his family, and is exhausted even at his own wedding.
3) He actually seems a lot like the quints adopted father.
4) Minor, but the father was starting to warm to him a little, and he seems to either regress, or be so preoccupied with something that he forgets what day it is...
5) The strongest quint collapses and ends up in the hospital...

Assuming that there is foreshadowing (like there was for the choice) ...

What if there are only 4 quints left at the wedding, and he is exhausting himself with medical research into a specific genetic disease before he loses more people he cares about? What if wedding is to the quint who helps him pick himself back up after his world is destroyed.
It is an evil plot twist, but packs a lot of drama. How would the 4 remaining react?
Dec 3, 2019 4:19 PM
Dec 2019
Welllllllllllllllllllll yes this is a new account so my opinion won't matter (yeah I was too lazy to make a proper MAL account) But I've watched to many anime to know the meme "Childhood Friend" but I can tell you this. About damn time the "losing" side comebacks so hard (I hope) cause I've seen to many childhood friend rejections its beyond belief how their character mostly goes to that direction. Anyways was rooting for S.S.S Nino but you know it's nice to see a change of pace (+if you add in the Monopoly game Yotsuba was the one who got married so I dunno nice foreshadowing)

I'll probably set up my MAL account someday? πŸ˜…

R.I.P the war (might) be over...

Submarines Overpowered 😭😭
Dec 3, 2019 4:33 PM

Mar 2015
dadnaya said:
Kuma said:

it's her phone when she is collapsing. it's the same bed.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 3, 2019 4:37 PM
Apr 2019
Something off.?
Why is Yotsuba going to the infirmary?
The girl go to boy room?! You know what I mean.
Isn’t he suppose to go to one classroom?
My SPECULATION is he already go to a classroom. Maybe Itsuki?
But somehow Itsuki become a wingman for Yotsuba?
Maybe he go to pick Yotsuba but couldn’t find her because she is searching for her phone? And he go to a classroom, maybe Itsuki, asking for where is Yotsuba?
And Itsuki talk to him about Rena?
One thing that doesn”t make sense is the bell kisser and Futarou never guess Yotsuba when the quints put on disguise.
Dec 3, 2019 4:59 PM
Dec 2018
It will be pretty cheap if there are any more tricks after this. Surely that is his final answer.

Personally, I liked Itsuki's relationship with him and hoped that she would be the one who was chosen, but Yotsuba was my 2nd choice, like a lot of people, so i think that it is a good outcome. I wonder whether this conclusion was chosen as the one that would offend the least people or if it had always been planned this way?

Nino has far too much of a crush and was just, basically, selfish throughout. And the way she treated him at the beginning was unforgivable, I think.

Ichika seemed more like a sister a lot of the time, looking out for her sisters, and double crossing them, while advising Fuutarou.

Miku also felt like too much of a crush, although to a lesser extent than Nino.

Yotsuba was always supportive, always trying hard for him and always willing to help him out unselfishly and put others before herself, she deserves it.

There have been a few moments where Yotsuba and Itsuki seemed to be supporting each other throughout this so it doesn't seem too incredible that Fuutarou would fall for Yotsuba's unselfish nature, not to mention her energy.

She's had it rough throughout this story so it is nice to see someone getting reward for all their efforts for a change and those efforts being appreciated. Most of the others didn't do anything for him, why would he choose them? He likes them all, almost equally, so it makes sense that he would choose the one that always had his back. Yotsuba is the only one you could say that about, possibly Miku as well, after an awkward start.
Dec 3, 2019 5:36 PM

Feb 2014
Guys, nothing is set on stone yet, 428 can even reject him. Honestly I just wish for her a happy ending
Dec 3, 2019 5:37 PM

Jan 2018
childhood friend wins in a harem manga. Wait. That's illegal.
Feel bad for Nino tho :c
Dec 3, 2019 5:49 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I'm on Itsuki ship but Yotsuba is fine too. Better than overrated Miku.
Dec 3, 2019 5:53 PM

Jul 2014
Congratz to yotsuba 2nd best girl but i can't stand nino crying and im crying too
Nino will always be in my heart
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Dec 3, 2019 6:12 PM

Sep 2018
HeroSoulReaperX said:
welp im stumped not that i have a problem with yotsuba just didnt think she had a shot. unless its one of these things where he goes to the other 4 before picking number 5

If you have time skim through this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o8JbWk5SalcNZqAPXQdIfwfG7G3pgzQS/view?fbclid=IwAR3uH4AIq6TtXGSde8MqB8g7Wm7UttUDdsxvwTp2VGnH7mpcnGWnXQeSJRg

It was clearly Yotsuba all along. This was information compiled prior to Chapter 86 being released which was over 6 months ago
Blanks.
Dec 3, 2019 6:17 PM

Sep 2018
shanimebib said:
MakingTheMaouCry said:

Do you think it's gonna end so soon?
I guess they still have a lot to cover.
There's about 2-3 years more to see. Just because he chose her doesn't mean that his choice won't change. Though I also feel that it won't change.
I wanted to see the arc with Fuutarou's mom and the past about isanari and maruo.
Maybe Negi can fit it into these few chapters. But I hope we get a proper explanation and a few more chapter and not some tine skip to the wedding.
That would just seem weird.

There are a lot of speculations going on including Quints switching places (Itsuki and Yotsuba) because of their faces immediately after the pinky hold and test Fuutarou's ability to really identify them. So, the one in the room could be Itsuki in disguise of Yotsuba. So, the end girl is Itsuki. It goes with the previous Yotsuba and Itsuki planned for the Rena act and all the talk in the chapter if Fuutarou could identify them.

But let's just put away all these speculations and just think the Neutrals' favourite won.

As for the number of chapters, Volume 13 is supposed to end with this chapter (112). So, at least we will have 9 more chapters for the final volume, if that is, THE final volume, i.e. the 14th. There are cases when the final volumes are longer, so Volume 13 could also have 2 or 3 chapters extra.

But then again, these don't add up considering the anime in January. Even if there is just one volume left (i.e the 14th), the anime will only be in its 4th episode when the manga will be over. It just doesn't add up from business point of view.

You can already tell that Bokuben is nearing the end because of how many chapters got skipped in that adaptation. So, I am expecting a lot of chapters being skipped in this one in January as well. Although, I dunno how it would work because Bokuben uses reset button a lot so skipping chapters doesn't really affect that much unlike this one.

Skim this if you have time: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o8JbWk5SalcNZqAPXQdIfwfG7G3pgzQS/view?fbclid=IwAR3uH4AIq6TtXGSde8MqB8g7Wm7UttUDdsxvwTp2VGnH7mpcnGWnXQeSJRg

This person predicted it was Yotsuba back in April and all of it makes perfect sense. I read it back in May and I was 100% convinced, never looked back after.
Blanks.
Dec 3, 2019 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Big SAD to Nino and Miku (Miku is the winner in my heart!). It hurt seeing them cry. I'm cool with Yotsuba as the bride. She was one of my top options. I would've been okay with any girl winning except Ichika (Itsuki grew on me).

It's nice to see validation for the childhood friend trope.
Dec 3, 2019 7:46 PM

Nov 2019
So Yotsuba is really the winner?
I was rooting for Itsuki, Yotsuba, and Nino so I'm fine with this.
I'm just skeptical about this chapter because I feel like there are some twists or that's just my trust issues speaking lol.
But if that is not the case, then I'm so happy for Yotsuba.
Although I'm sad for Nino. Harem animes and mangas just hurt my heart :((

“𝕴 π–π–šπ–˜π–™ π–‘π–”π–“π–Œ 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖆 π–œπ–”π–—π–‘π–‰ π–Žπ–“ π–œπ–π–Žπ–ˆπ– π–”π–—π–‰π–Žπ–“π–†π–—π–ž π–™π–π–Žπ–“π–Œπ–˜ π–†π–—π–Š π–‰π–”π–“π–Š π–Žπ–“ 𝖆𝖓 π–”π–—π–‰π–Žπ–“π–†π–—π–ž π–œπ–†π–ž.”

--------βš–--------
π–†π–“π–Žπ–’π–Š π–‘π–Žπ–˜π–™
π–’π–†π–“π–Œπ–† π–‘π–Žπ–˜π–™
Dec 3, 2019 8:08 PM

Feb 2017
ez prediction.
itsuki = friend he would talk with a lot
ichika = senpai he can depend and consult
nino = too agressive and pushy, so nah
miku = generic cute looking romantic target bait
yotsuba = best personality, enjoyable to talk with, cute lvl max

the itsuki panel might be like this:
fuu went to the classroom yotsuba suppose to stay but yotsuba intentionally left so she could not be picked.
meanwhile itsuki was there and told where yotsuba is as we see in the panel (or somehow fuu meet with itsuki)
evonieeDec 3, 2019 8:29 PM

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 3, 2019 8:09 PM
Dec 2017
So this has been fun, though I am disappointed that it wasn’t who I wanted I did like that he at least chose someone and that the story is final going to conclude :)

Just a bit confused as to whether or not it will end in 10-20 chapters since Itsuki did say that “This is only the beginning” which is making me wonder as to whether something will happen as a tear into their relationship or something like that, but either way my enjoyment and eagerness waiting every week for a new chapter has always kept me on edge and though I wasn’t fond of the outcome I’m happy that we can final get our answer no matter how “salty” most people are right now. ;)

Much love for the author and anyone else who helped work on this.
Dec 3, 2019 8:11 PM

May 2017
Lol the least popular girl on MAL, actually won. Props to the writer to choose something different I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2019 8:33 PM

Feb 2013
https://twitter.com/negi_haruba/status/1202076986870513664

Manga ends at vol. 14 (9 more chapters)
It's over guys.
Congrats to the yotsubros
Dec 3, 2019 8:45 PM

Apr 2019
Dang, I wasn't exactly expecting that he'd pick Yotsuba but at the same time I'm kinda glad he did. I like Yotsuba and I'm quite interested to see how the next chapter plays out.
Dec 3, 2019 10:15 PM
Jul 2019
Congrats to Yotsubros. I'm seriously in pain right now. She is the 4D chessmaster after all. I'm going to bed, reflecting on this.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.