Forum Settings
Forums

Canadian federal election - October 21, 2019

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 11, 2019 7:49 PM

Jan 2009
so Trudeau can win again if he runs? or are there term limits in Canada?
Sep 11, 2019 8:17 PM
Jan 2019
heg said:

There's no term limits in Canada. And it seems like Trudeau is set to win from my perspective because there isn't anyone worthwhile running against him. Even though there's not many people that are satisfied with how he has done things. Especially on the economic side of things

I think the US is going to face a similar problem in November. Well, maybe if Bernie runs and the democrats don't fuck him over
Sep 12, 2019 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
People still living in the past or either have no idea what's going on in the world are voting for the Bloc Quebecois.
Sep 12, 2019 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
LIB: cringe
CON: cringe
NDP: cringe
GRN: cringe
PPN: cringe
BC: based

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Sep 15, 2019 1:14 AM
Sep 2019
Trump's map with Guaido showed an independent Quebec so you don't have vote for them.
Sep 15, 2019 1:19 AM

Jul 2016
heg said:

Yes he can

There are no term Limits in Canada. He also has only been in office for one term.
Sep 15, 2019 2:02 AM

Oct 2009
The_News_Guy said:

I think the US is going to face a similar problem in November. Well, maybe if Bernie runs and the democrats don't fuck him over

Bernie will get eviscerated by Trump

that's all I'll say as to not derail this topic.
Sep 15, 2019 11:28 PM
Jan 2019
RandomChampion said:
The_News_Guy said:

If there are any other viable candidates on the democrats side, please enlighten me. Not joking, just genuinely curious.
Sep 16, 2019 3:40 AM

Oct 2009
The_News_Guy said:
RandomChampion said:

If there are any other viable candidates on the democrats side, please enlighten me. Not joking, just genuinely curious.

Biden is the most capable of beating Trump imo
Sep 16, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
RandomChampion said:
The_News_Guy said:

Biden has no chance. No one is excited today to vote for a Hillary 2.0 boomer centrist. Bernie or bust desu.
Sep 16, 2019 10:07 AM

Jun 2014
Murau said:
RandomChampion said:

Biden has no chance. No one is excited today to vote for a Hillary 2.0 boomer centrist. Bernie or bust desu.

Bernie is the one who has no chance, as most Americans find him too extreme, although he'd fare better in Canada.

Anyone who voted for Obama in the past will vote for Biden.

Sep 16, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2008
Will be a vote for the Conservative Party along with my family and most of my friends.
Sep 16, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
Seiya said:
Murau said:

Bernie is the one who has no chance, as most Americans find him too extreme, although he'd fare better in Canada.

Anyone who voted for Obama in the past will vote for Biden.

It is mostly just Republicans who are saying that and there has been much more polarization since his time in office. I think it is obvious that people want something different in this country and a Pro-Establishment boomer who basically said he won't change much will not get a lot of people voting and it will basically be the same thing as 2016.
Sep 16, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2012
Take your American politics elsewhere, y'all.

Some random articles from the past day or two:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-school-child-care-election-2019-1.5284915 (Liberals promising a childcare program)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-leader-andrew-scheer-universal-tax-credit-1.5284500 (Conservatives promising an income tax cut)

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2019/09/15/greens-the-only-party-pledging-to-increase-the-carbon-price.html (Greens promising to increase the carbon tax; finally, some good stuff imo)

https://globalnews.ca/news/5906436/jagmeet-singh-quebec-ndp-ad-bill21/ (Singh tries to appeal to Quebec by briefly removing his turban in a campaign video, lol)

Veronin said:
Will be a vote for the Conservative Party along with my family and most of my friends.
Any paticular policies/ideas coming from Sheer that you like, or do you just generally vote Conservative?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 17, 2019 3:06 PM

Mar 2012
Four days, comrades. According to the polls, a minority government is almost certain. Everything else is highly uncertain.
LoneWolf said:
Oct 21, 2019 3:38 PM

Oct 2009
LET'S GO MAXIME BERNIER
Oct 21, 2019 5:15 PM

Mar 2012
RandomChampion said:
LET'S GO MAXIME BERNIER
You mean this Maxime Bernier, right?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/maxime-bernier-rhino-party-beauce-1.5278902

Edit: This is amazing. Bernier is mad that the Rhino Party wrecked him.

https://pressprogress.ca/in-the-final-hours-before-election-day-maxime-bernier-launches-attacks-on-his-rhinoceros-party-challenger/

Rhinoceros Party candidate Maxime Bernier calls personal attacks by People’s Party leader Maxime Bernier “sad” and “absurd”
lol
JoshOct 21, 2019 5:21 PM
LoneWolf said:
Oct 21, 2019 5:22 PM

May 2019
Let's get a Liberal-NDP coalition government baby. ;^)
Not remotely Canadian btw but js.
Oct 21, 2019 5:42 PM

Jul 2017
Liberals dominating Newfound land, cons so far kinda dominating New Brunswick

Alberta is most likely conservative gg, Ontario probs gonna be liberal dominant

But hey libs 25 seats to cons 7 gg boyz

Edit: ok wow that was actually surprising, looks like a liberal minortiy is all but confrimed at this point

tfw Bloc Quebecois has more seats than NDP atm rip
Short_CircutOct 21, 2019 7:58 PM
Oct 21, 2019 7:01 PM

Nov 2013
I know absolutely nothing about Canadian politics despite it being right above me. I guess that is the typical American.
Josh said:
Four days, comrades.

Well if a communist revolution is about to take place that will be interesting.

I can see you

Oct 21, 2019 8:03 PM

Jun 2014
Looks like the Liberals win again, although this time it's a minority government, but that's still better than the Conservatives winning.

Oct 21, 2019 8:05 PM

Jan 2009
Trudeaau is part of the Liberal party right? they are winning currently
Oct 21, 2019 8:31 PM

Oct 2009
Josh said:
RandomChampion said:
LET'S GO MAXIME BERNIER
You mean this Maxime Bernier, right?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/maxime-bernier-rhino-party-beauce-1.5278902

Edit: This is amazing. Bernier is mad that the Rhino Party wrecked him.

https://pressprogress.ca/in-the-final-hours-before-election-day-maxime-bernier-launches-attacks-on-his-rhinoceros-party-challenger/

Rhinoceros Party candidate Maxime Bernier calls personal attacks by People’s Party leader Maxime Bernier “sad” and “absurd”
lol

RIP the best candidate of the bunch
Oct 21, 2019 9:03 PM

Mar 2012
The good
- not a Conservative government
- the Greens got a new MP
- Bernier lost his seat (RIP)

The bad
- not enough NDP and Green votes
- way too many Bloc votes (please go away)
LoneWolf said:
Oct 23, 2019 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
Josh said:

I agree. Baby boomers are the parasite of this country.
Oct 25, 2019 2:16 PM
Jan 2019
Josh said:
The good
- not a Conservative government
- the Greens got a new MP
- Bernier lost his seat (RIP)

The bad
- not enough NDP and Green votes

Tbh, I'm on the other side of the fence here. Voted Conservative because I wanted the budget to be balanced and i really liked the idea of a National Energy Corridor, which would supply not only oil but also things like Ontario and Quebec Hydro out west as well as telecommunications, which would have made country wide high speed internet and 5g rollout much easier.

I'll be honest, while I support climate change, I believe Canada should still use it's resources earn money and to supply itself instead of importing that crap from Saudi Arabia or buying back the oil from the US at a higher price. which we sold to them to refine. If you got something, use it. Trudeau has rick rolled Canada's west so much that separatism is starting to set in. I really don't like the way Trudeau has treated the west compared to Quebec where he has given billions away to a piece of shit company (Bombardier who are YEARS behind on delivering promises, to the city of Toronto for example), and bending over backwards for SNC and dairy farmers, almost putting the much bigger Ontario automotive workers in jeopardy.

We've always given Quebec way too much imo because they've always threatened with separation. Now because we've bent over backwards for them so long and ignored the plight of other provinces, we are dealing with possibly 3 to provinces growing separatist sentiment; Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan. Last time I checked, it wasn't Quebec's revenues running our economy .

Glad Bernier got booted out of even his own riding. Not sure why he was invited to the debate because only those that are able to win at least 1 or 2 with certainty are actually supposed to be invited. This guy got 0.

Resurgence in the bloc is not good for anybody if it's about separatism. But if it's about expanding the use of the french language outside of Quebec then I fully support this. If I were premier of a province I would advocate for schools to have french immersion. The way they are teaching it now you couldn't even remember how to use french a year after high school even if you wanted to. It would also make doing business with the francophone world much easier for future generations and make sure everybody can get a government job since you need to know both english and french to get one.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.