Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2019 1:41 PM

Jun 2017
Gorochu said:
Good start. Hope we get to see more servants soon. Is that Merlin at the end?

Yes, that is Merlin!
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Oct 5, 2019 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Fate/Ass Order

I didn't really think about it but between Mash, Ishtar and Ushiwakamaru this could be a feast... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lucky bastard.

Just like Azur Lane, it's great to see this animated. The characters, the game music, how awesome it looks. I fucking loved it!
SkyLETVOct 5, 2019 5:54 PM
Oct 5, 2019 2:01 PM

Sep 2016
aLotQuestion_ said:
the humanity last master and servant are so freaking weak in this episode, how are they even completed saving all other singularity?
this must be a joke.

They are in the age of gods, everything is uber-powered there.
bruh
Oct 5, 2019 2:04 PM
May 2016
Just realized, the part when they killed the lions was too gore-y and hooomyyygoood this anime is gonna be bloody gore when they'll get to THAT certain part of the story ... (if you know what I mean, FGO Players)
Oct 5, 2019 2:13 PM

Apr 2015
there were uh, quite a lot more ass shots then I expected. I knew the rin face would be inevitable given her design but they just don't let up this episode geez. It's kinda distracting tbh...

I still loved the episode overall though.

EDIT: forget her name is technically a spoiler even if they reveal it pretty early on haha.
Oct 5, 2019 2:14 PM

Mar 2014
Watch this 24-min. long episode which has a decent amount of CGI or use the same amount of time tapping your phone screen because you can't skip NP's animations? So far I really enjoyed this episode, the voice acting and the pace is really nice.
Oct 5, 2019 2:19 PM

Aug 2014
I loved it, it was a good start just as I hoped (and I was hyped for) from the many staff announcements and sakugablog posts.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will interact with the MAL thread for the duration of the show. I'm growing more and more annoyed by MAL discussions in general, and just half of a page of this one just made me want to close internet for a bit.

I'll probably just post my brief opinions each episode and that's it.
I like to talk about Fate and TM in general and help people with it, but all the threads I've seen so far are a big NO for me, so I'll pass on that.

I wish you all good and not-stressful discussions from here onwards in the Babylonia threads.
Oct 5, 2019 2:22 PM

Oct 2018
Really, really neat first episode. The animation was pretty good in my opinion, even though the combination with CGI could've been a bit better. Ishtar's fall scene was so on point, even better than I had imagined and damn, she looks so hot. Da Vinci was hella cute and kohai delivered as expected ;)

Kinda bumped that we didn't get to see the OP or ED this episode, but I'm really looking forward for next week's episode! ^^

5/5 for me, hell yeah

Oct 5, 2019 2:41 PM

Jun 2015
Whew that episode was absolute garbage. Sasuga CloverWorks
Oct 5, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2018
Nice first episode, animation is really good too, great job CloverWorks.
Oct 5, 2019 2:52 PM

Apr 2014
Not too bad of an episode. Looking forward to more. Those who played the game will know what I am talking about. YEAH! X3
Oct 5, 2019 2:58 PM

Oct 2010
Pretty cool animation overall, lot of ass-shots in the fights lol. But also a lot of jarring CG backgrounds and monsters.
Oct 5, 2019 2:59 PM

Dec 2017
KanonDE said:
Whew that episode was absolute garbage. Sasuga CloverWorks

such a next level analysis. sasuga kanonDE

Oct 5, 2019 3:10 PM
Nov 2017
This is what I wanted and more. Good first episode.
Oct 5, 2019 3:12 PM
Oct 2019
Wow, they managed to turn ''Fate'' into a generic haremshit with a beta male MC for 3- to 5-year-olds,

The first episode had 2 slip and falls. instant classic
It feels like haremshit from the 90's it's bizarre.

Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia is generic fanservice harem trash.

dropped
Oct 5, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2010
So...
Oct 5, 2019 3:26 PM
Aug 2015
I really question the mental state of people watching this without even seeing the First Order OVA. If you’re an anime only that OVA is very much mandatory, along with Babylonia Episode 0. Do not come back until you’ve seen both of those.

As for the episode itself, much better than expected. It seems like they changed the location of where the protagonists meet Ishtar but that’s fine, nothing major.

Also lots of great butt and crotch shots this episode. Hopefully they can keep it up.
Oct 5, 2019 4:03 PM

Nov 2016
Ass expected, the waifu and fanservice game is strong, easily the best aspect of the episode.

Jokes aside, this was a pretty alright start. Good looking action( gives me hope that we will get some great fights like in Apocryoha) and the premise has potential. So far I'm interested.

Also great opening song.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2019 4:03 PM

Apr 2015
Going in totally blind and I can say, I am really impressed with the production value. Animation is really good. So far it's not hard to understand what is going on. Solid first episode.

Great to see so many familiar faces at the start of the episode.

Atleast some things never change... Eventho that one girl shares the same appearence as Rin, Once a Tsundere, Always a Tsundere!! Also still with the same VA as usual.

All the servants so far seem to be pretty strong.
Oct 5, 2019 4:05 PM

Mar 2015
Tekakurika said:
So...

-----
Oct 5, 2019 4:14 PM
Nov 2016
moikokkods said:
Wow, they managed to turn ''Fate'' into a generic haremshit with a beta male MC for 3- to 5-year-olds,

Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia is generic fanservice harem trash.

dropped

Account made 1 hour ago. Checks out.
i wasted $50 on a steam anime background pic xd
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060228188
Oct 5, 2019 4:19 PM
Mar 2018
This is a question for people who played the game(i got to middle of camelot but got bored and stopped)
Will the modern day zeus appear(the guy from sing 4 and 5 )
Oct 5, 2019 4:20 PM
Oct 2019
Well, even though I played the game before I'd like to judge it from an anime-only perspective, and I'd have to say this isn't exactly the best first episode.
Thing is that this episode does not really have something that clearly stands out, and the presence of fanservice and the fact that Ishtar's debut looks like that of a textbook Tsundere character doesn't sell the anime as something new or original.
And you get some reactions like this:
moikokkods said:

dropped

Which is totally reasonable because this episode really looks like the first episode of a generic isekai harem. There just isn't much else going on or notable in this episode.
I know it is kind of exactly a replica of the in-game story, but that's not the best way to present it and it doesn't look interesting.
Actually no matter how I look at this, this show probably isn't going to get huge success. Both Mashu and mc-kun won't have major character development (because Mashu's development happened before this singularity) and about half of the cast also won't be developed significantly in the story.
Oct 5, 2019 4:23 PM

May 2011
The first ep is great so far.Looking forward to more.
''I was dead serious''

Oct 5, 2019 4:24 PM
Oct 2019
logan87654321 said:
moikokkods said:

dropped

I won't say there is anything wrong with him since if you look at that direction this episode just gives that kind of vibe.
Someone fed up with generic isekai harems would just see those parts and be very offended, and it's a perfectly good thing to despise generic isekai harems.
Oct 5, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2019
It was a good episode. I can't wait for more Gilgamesh!
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 5, 2019 4:32 PM

Jul 2017
^^^ I mean that is true though. They did one ass shot too many

Wada Arco absolutely creaming herself rn

Also Takeuchi face Nero is fucking weird
lazypigzOct 5, 2019 4:37 PM

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Oct 5, 2019 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
is it me or they recorded the water from somewhere and greenscreen it? That water looks to real.
Also poggu Ishtar best goddess.
Oct 5, 2019 4:51 PM
Nov 2016
eclairtleQAQ said:
logan87654321 said:

I won't say there is anything wrong with him since if you look at that direction this episode just gives that kind of vibe.
Someone fed up with generic isekai harems would just see those parts and be very offended, and it's a perfectly good thing to despise generic isekai harems.

Then why not have the balls to put it on his main account? There's no way that someone watches the first episode, coincidentally winds up on MAL looking at its page, coincidentally winds up at the bottom of the page seeing the small section dedicated to thread discussion, then makes an account specifically to comment on it. Seems like your average shit-stirrer to me.
i wasted $50 on a steam anime background pic xd
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060228188
Oct 5, 2019 4:52 PM
Nov 2015
TheISOlatoR said:
What the hell is Tohsaka doing here xD

Oct 5, 2019 5:09 PM

Dec 2014
Too ... Much...... Fanservice perhaps

Well can't doubt it since some waifu on the game is already lewd tho ....
Anyway nice Damegami introduction, it makes me wanna bullies her more ....

Can't wait to see more of Ishtar bully especially from Gil lmao

Also dat dickmage at the end and Ana!
Oct 5, 2019 5:17 PM
Oct 2018
TheISOlatoR said:
What the hell is Tohsaka doing here xD

she is not rin, she is a Pseudo-Servant summoned into the body of Rin Tohsaka.
Seudo-Servants are the result of Heroic Spirits and Divine Spirits that cannot become Servants for some reason, so they are instead summoned by using a human body for their vessel. The resulting Servant cannot be called either individual, but rather a combination of the powers of both individuals mingling together that add abilities not present in the original Servant. The thoughts and personality may fully conform to that of the human vessel as well should the spirit decide that it is best to give over control.
Oct 5, 2019 5:19 PM

Aug 2015
Good episode, the only thing that bothered me was the excessive (and unnecessary) fanservice and the questionable CGI that they used xd
Oct 5, 2019 5:22 PM

Jul 2017
Never played the game, but i love Fate related stuff, and this one just started, the visuals look fucking beautiful and i think i'm gonna love this anime, i just hope the story is interesting to keep me hooked to the screen every week!

We get our MC's transported back to Mesopotamia, i liked both of them, i got a good impression. And we also got a glimpse of Ishtar (Rin lookalike and i already love you) and her battle skills wich were something i wasn't expecting at all. Her artistic battle style caught me by surprise and i think it was the best part of the episode! And we also got introduced to Enkidu, wich will be the one to inform our MC's of the current situation of that world.

Oh boy, i just can't wait for the ride. Bring it on!
Oct 5, 2019 5:23 PM

Mar 2019
The 3d was very poor.

2/5 ez
Oct 5, 2019 5:26 PM
Nov 2015
Can't wait to see more ;w;

Take your time clover works, the team did a good job.
Oct 5, 2019 5:29 PM

Nov 2015
I'm so happy they are adapting the best singularity and giving it the love it deserves. Animation is on point, The background shots look great, Da Vinci and Romani being best couple and the OST so far is good, even though they are remixing some of the songs from the game, not complaining one bit because some of the songs later will be amazing.

All in all a great first ep IMO, I hope this isn't rushed.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Oct 5, 2019 5:31 PM
Nov 2015
FullyCharged said:
aLotQuestion_ said:
the humanity last master and servant are so freaking weak in this episode, how are they even completed saving all other singularity?
this must be a joke.

They are in the age of gods, everything is uber-powered there.

It's called Era of "God" for something.

The master here will dealing a lot power creep.
Oct 5, 2019 5:37 PM

Feb 2015
Oh god. Rin has always made me feel all kinds of ways, and sure as hell, so does Ishtar.

For the anime onlys who have no idea what the fuck is going on, this isn't a stand alone, this is very much for Fate die hards who play the VNs, play the mobile game, and the like. And Fate has always been confusing.
Oct 5, 2019 5:45 PM
Apr 2018
The animation production value oh my gosh. Good start.
Oct 5, 2019 6:00 PM
Jun 2015
Overall decent first episode. Nothing really special to note as of yet, with some of the set pieces being present in the trailers. The animation was pretty good, but the CG was mostly terrible. Hopefully that will get better. Also some of the shots seemed awkwardly framed, especially those the shots with no action.
Oct 5, 2019 6:08 PM
Jan 2017
Let me be clear about this: I don't hate the Fate saga, I just find it hard to get me emotionally invested in it because of the massive amounts of lore and content to keep track of. The Fate saga is big on alternate universes, parallel timelines and what-if scenarios, so you'd need an encyclopedia's worth of knowledge to understand what's going on. I watched Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra a few years ago, but they weren't really my cup of tea, so I hope this show can give me a more positive impression of the Fate saga.

I watched the movie and the OVAs, so I do have context of what's going on here, but I don't have the mobile game, which is said to be the source material of the Fate/Grand Order, so it looks like I'm missing a substantial amount of information about the characters and the setting. That's okay, I'm not here to learn about the mythology or the superpowers of the setting. I just came here to watch a good story unfold. I'm a casual fan and I'm just watching this show for the entertainment value.

The production values are nothing short of extraordinary, the fight scenes were exceptionally well-done, the vocal performances were amazing and the characters' movements look fluid and seamless. Still, this show will stand or fall by the strength of its narrative and characters. You can have innovative world-building and interesting concepts all you want, but those things won't matter if you don't have characters to care about, so I really hope Fujimaru and Mash can carry the story all by themselves. All in all, the newest incarnation of the Fate saga is off to a good start and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Oct 5, 2019 6:14 PM
May 2017
This show gonna confused the hell out of anime-only, but they doing a pretty good job explaining the whole thing.

And for us FGO players, we all know what's up and the reason why they pick this singularity to animated.

And for those who want to get into the game.
That's hell you're walk into, I suggest stay back.
Oct 5, 2019 6:37 PM

Apr 2007
To hear music and battle lines from the game aaahhhh so good. Even though they made this for fans, I didn't expect them to use the same music so it was a pleasant surprise. I'm not a big fan of Babylonia, but I can't get enough of Grand Order so it looks like I'll still get plenty of enjoyment out of this anime.

Let the journey begin~
Oct 5, 2019 6:38 PM
Oct 2019
HeroVladimir93 said:
Let me be clear about this: I don't hate the Fate saga, I just find it hard to get me emotionally invested in it because of the massive amounts of lore and content to keep track of. The Fate saga is big on alternate universes, parallel timelines and what-if scenarios, so you'd need an encyclopedia's worth of knowledge to understand what's going on. I watched Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra a few years ago, but they weren't really my cup of tea, so I hope this show can give me a more positive impression of the Fate saga.

I watched the movie and the OVAs, so I do have context of what's going on here, but I don't have the mobile game, which is said to be the source material of the Fate/Grand Order, so it looks like I'm missing a substantial amount of information about the characters and the setting. That's okay, I'm not here to learn about the mythology or the superpowers of the setting. I just came here to watch a good story unfold. I'm a casual fan and I'm just watching this show for the entertainment value.

The production values are nothing short of extraordinary, the fight scenes were exceptionally well-done, the vocal performances were amazing and the characters' movements look fluid and seamless. Still, this show will stand or fall by the strength of its narrative and characters. You can have innovative world-building and interesting concepts all you want, but those things won't matter if you don't have characters to care about, so I really hope Fujimaru and Mash can carry the story all by themselves. All in all, the newest incarnation of the Fate saga is off to a good start and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Well, Apocrypha and Extra LE were terrible in the first place so don't worry, and Fate franchise does get criticized for its massive amount of exposition. However if you see this episode as a "good" start (as I don't see it as such), then I'm pretty confident you'll like it, since it will get much better in the latter half.
Oct 5, 2019 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
seems good enough surprisingly a lot of fanservice but it's gonna be hard with Ishtar being dressed the way she is.

I know Fate related stuff loves to bring out the hate

while i've only played up to Septem in FGO nothing so far between this and episode 00 has made me too lost(granted it's only the start of 21episodes) plus i think Camelot has spoilers? but it's being made into a movie ,not sure going into the future how lost i'll end up without seeing the other 4 singularities while they seem to be trying to explain as much as possible while still having the main focus on fans.

legit anime only are gonna have a bad time
Oct 5, 2019 6:44 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was a good episode.
I don't really like Fate series in general like Fate/Zero or Fate/stay night but I think I will like this.
I'm looking forward for the next episodes.
Oct 5, 2019 6:45 PM
Oct 2019
logan87654321 said:
eclairtleQAQ said:

Then why not have the balls to put it on his main account? There's no way that someone watches the first episode, coincidentally winds up on MAL looking at its page, coincidentally winds up at the bottom of the page seeing the small section dedicated to thread discussion, then makes an account specifically to comment on it. Seems like your average shit-stirrer to me.

I mean, it's possible. I literally created my account 2 days ago to comment on Azur Lane 1st episode since I played that game. It wasn't my first MAL thread but I never bothered to create an account beforehand. You don't need an account to browse the threads after all. It could be just that he watched a previous Fate installment, liked it, and was profoundly disappointed by what this first episode looks like and ended up creating the account.
However all I was trying to say is that I didn't really find this to be the best first episode, as the fanservice and tsundere tropes used gives off a bad isekai harem vibe, which I know the show definitely won't be. (the most interesting part of the story, Gil, isn't even a girl)
Oct 5, 2019 6:48 PM

Sep 2016
Watching this only for Gilgamesh and Enkidu the rest is very Meh...But Lets not forget that the original Fate was just a porn game that fans like to overthink so thats saying enough
Oct 5, 2019 6:55 PM

May 2018
Gamefan121 said:
Gorochu said:
Good start. Hope we get to see more servants soon. Is that Merlin at the end?

Yes, that is Merlin!

So will we get the dick joke in this anime?
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.