Forum Settings
Forums

'Love Live!' Idol Group μ's Commemorates New Single with Anime Promo

New
Aug 22, 2019 12:55 PM
Jul 2018

Three years since the last single of μ's, the first Love Live! idol group, the franchise announced that the group will get a new single to commemorate its ninth anniversary. The single will be released with an anime music video.

A joint-project between animation studio Sunrise, music label Lantis, and Kadokawa's Dengeki G's magazine, Love Live! began its serialization in the magazine in June that year. The debut single, Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life, was initially released as a limited edition CD and DVD copy on Comiket 78 on August 13, followed by a general release on August 25. Only the characters of the single were credited under the artist name "Love Live! School Idol Project" and their respective performers were later revealed in Dengeki G's November issue.

The 2010 single ranked 167 in the Oricon charts and was succeeded by numerous singles and albums over the years until their "final single." Titled "Moment Ring," the single was released in March 2016 and peaked second at the Oricon chart.

The franchise spawned adaptations in multiple mediums including manga, light novel, game, live concerts, and anime. Sunrise produced two anime seasons in 2013 and 2014 and a movie the following year.

In 2015, a new group was formed under the franchise named "Aqours" and has also received multiple adaptations following the setting's concept. Two TV anime seasons aired in 2016 and 2017, followed by a movie opened in Japan on January 4 this year.

Source: animate Times
VindstotAug 22, 2019 1:16 PM
Aug 22, 2019 2:01 PM

Apr 2012
Only I read the news title and thought that they announced a new LL TV series?
Aug 22, 2019 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
Shonen-Heartful said:
RobertBobert said:

I kind of doubt they will ever make another LL. And it'd be better to make some new anime than just reuse the same idea, I think.

Though, I would be glad to see some collaboration OVA with the first LL group and Sunshine group - that'd be nice. A concert and kind of a good-bye to the series.

Well, I don’t even know. It’s hard for me to imagine enough ideas for new generations of the franchise, but knowing Sunrise’s reputation, I wouldn’t be surprised if these guys and Bushiroad turned LL into an endless cash cow.
Aug 22, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2013
Yay a new muse single, that's the best news of the year !

Shonen-Heartful said:

Am I the only one who didn't like the Sunshine? I kind of want to give it another chance but my initial thoughts were not very good.

Most people I know hate sunshine myself included lol
I don't think it's worth giving it another chance really, the only reason I finished it was to get more context when playing sif
Aug 22, 2019 4:08 PM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:

There's almost definitely a third LL in the making. I would say the chance is 99%. I saw an official twitter post that had 27 girls in it with new 9 characters along with the 18 characters from μ's and Aquors.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 22, 2019 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
shanimebib said:
RobertBobert said:

There's almost definitely a third LL in the making. I would say the chance is 99%. I saw an official twitter post that had 27 girls in it with new 9 characters along with the 18 characters from μ's and Aquors.

Bushiroad decided to create their yuri-bait ... Love live cinematic universe?
Aug 22, 2019 4:46 PM

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
shanimebib said:

It have been in planning stage long time ago. With emphasis on planning part.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 22, 2019 4:49 PM

Apr 2012
NeoAnkara said:
RobertBobert said:

It have been in planning stage long time ago. With emphasis on planning part.

Well, I heard that the franchise once had something like an All-STARS game project, but this is the only thing I know.
Aug 22, 2019 5:12 PM

Dec 2014
@RobertBobert @Shonen-Heartful I'm pretty sure they will make another Love Live series, there's been a lot of promotion for PDP and Aqours are still going strong. It's quite likely that at the very least we'll see PDP in some animated form.

There's also the All-Stars game which features all 27 girls - μ's + Aqours + PDP . It's actually scheduled to release Fall 2019 but I have no idea on when the exact release date is.

Also, for the original topic. It's great news. :)
Aug 22, 2019 5:25 PM

Apr 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
@RobertBobert @Shonen-Heartful I'm pretty sure they will make another Love Live series, there's been a lot of promotion for PDP and Aqours are still going strong. It's quite likely that at the very least we'll see PDP in some animated form.

There's also the All-Stars game which features all 27 girls - μ's + Aqours + PDP . It's actually scheduled to release Fall 2019 but I have no idea on when the exact release date is.

PDP ? Do you mean that DJ / Hip-hop project?
Aug 22, 2019 5:47 PM

Dec 2014
Shonen-Heartful said:
Lelouch0202 said:

All Stars? Will it be on Switch?

I believe only Android/iOS have been confirmed so far.

RobertBobert said:

PDP ? Do you mean that DJ / Hip-hop project?

PDP is Perfect Dream Project, It's not the DJ/Hip-Hop one. PDP is essentially the 3rd generation of LL I guess? They're a new group of 9 girls from a different school but the only difference is that for some reason Bushiroad decided to start PDP while Aqours were still around so I don't know if you can actually call them the 3rd generation of LL, they're more like 2.5 if you ask me.
https://love-live.fandom.com/wiki/PERFECT_Dream_Project
Aug 22, 2019 5:53 PM

Apr 2012
@Lelouch0202 Ahh, that’s the thing. I am new to the LL franchise, so when you mentioned something “outside” the brand, it seemed to me that you mentioned the urban project that Bushi announced earlier.

Well, I personally am only interested in RS and Bandori, but if LL fans want this, then why not?
Aug 22, 2019 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
BRING THEM BACK AQUORS FUCKING SUCKS LOL

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 22, 2019 6:57 PM

Jun 2015
That's great news! Can't wait :D

btw, the negativity towards Aqours in this thread is ridiculous. Sunshine is an improvement over SIP in almost every aspect. Shame people are close-minded though.
Aug 22, 2019 8:16 PM

Aug 2015
OHMYGOSH THEY'RE BACK!!!

I'll definitely saving my money for this!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Aug 22, 2019 8:27 PM

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
@Lelouch0202 Ahh, that’s the thing. I am new to the LL franchise, so when you mentioned something “outside” the brand, it seemed to me that you mentioned the urban project that Bushi announced earlier.

Well, I personally am only interested in RS and Bandori, but if LL fans want this, then why not?
I think you are talking about D4DJ.

Photon Maiden

Peaky P-key

Happy Around

Merm4id

Rondo
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 22, 2019 8:45 PM

Apr 2012
@NeoAnkara Oh my god, why did I look into the comments ... It feels like I was dipped for 10 minutes in Thumblr, lol. But if without jokes, yeah, I meant exactly this project.

Generally funny. Previously, when Bandori was just getting started, Love Live fans left 90% of the comments under their videos. Now we have an advertisement for the new franchise and most of the comments are already made by Bandori fans.
Aug 22, 2019 9:02 PM

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
@NeoAnkara Oh my god, why did I look into the comments ... It feels like I was dipped for 10 minutes in Thumblr, lol. But if without jokes, yeah, I meant exactly this project.

Generally funny. Previously, when Bandori was just getting started, Love Live fans left 90% of the comments under their videos. Now we have an advertisement for the new franchise and most of the comments are already made by Bandori fans.
Because Bushiroad economic cast make it that they also cast the same seiyuu from their other IP like Bandori and Revue Starlight. You can expect them to comment when Sae (Otae seiyuu) make a jam like this.

Aug 22, 2019 9:14 PM

Apr 2012
@NeoAnkara I know about this, moreover, Aimi has already taken selfies with some VA newcomers from this franchise earlier. Of course, I wouldn't want this franchise also to be a “victim” of thumblr people, like other Bushiroad franchises, but it was irreversible.

P.S Little offtopic, is Rokujouma already over?
Aug 22, 2019 9:18 PM

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
@NeoAnkara I know about this, moreover, Aimi has already taken selfies with some VA newcomers from this franchise earlier. Of course, I would not want this franchise also to be a “victim” of thumblr girls people, like other Bushiroad franchises, but it was irreversible.

Rokujouma is still going and is moving with some big project starting from series 10th anniversary. If it go trough then there will be more Drama CD. Meanwhile on English publishing side there are plan for Kickstarter to publish print version for the series which will be live this Fall.
Aug 22, 2019 9:28 PM

Apr 2012
NeoAnkara said:
RobertBobert said:
@NeoAnkara I know about this, moreover, Aimi has already taken selfies with some VA newcomers from this franchise earlier. Of course, I would not want this franchise also to be a “victim” of thumblr girls people, like other Bushiroad franchises, but it was irreversible.

Rokujouma is still going and is moving with some big project starting from series 10th anniversary. If it go trough then there will be more Drama CD. Meanwhile on English publishing side there are plan for Kickstarter to publish print version for the series which will be live this Fall.

Thanks for the news. The final of the anime seemed too weird to me, but as far as I heard, in the original LN even the harem end became possible.
Aug 22, 2019 9:37 PM

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
NeoAnkara said:

Thanks for the news. The final of the anime seemed too weird to me, but as far as I heard, in the original LN even the harem end became possible.
Won't spoil that much but I can say that harem end is not just a possibility but a certainty.
Aug 23, 2019 12:01 AM

Sep 2014
....RABU RAIBU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This news added 5 years to my life.
Aug 23, 2019 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
Yessss the OG raibus are back!!!
No one can replace Muse. Unlike Aqours, they really started from zero, and through hard work earned our respect and admiration. There’s just something special about them, the songs make you feel clam, happy and nostalgic, and the general atmosphere of the group is more cozy imo (compared to Aqours’ superstar, imposing feel).
Aug 23, 2019 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Shonen-Heartful said:

All Stars? Will it be on Switch?

I believe only Android/iOS have been confirmed so far.

And don't forget beside the All-Stars game, there are mega-concert event on the franchise will be held on January next year, called Love Live Fest...involving almost all group from LL in three generation starting μ's, Aqours, Saint Snow (Aqours' rival group) & Nijigasaki High School Idol Club/NHS (the new group in PDP/Perfect Dream Project)....for those who doesn't know the news....
Aug 23, 2019 1:36 PM
Aug 2019
I’ve never watched any of the Love Live! series before I’m sorry to say ^_^

Not really my cup of tea when it comes to music/idol group themed animes ^_^
Aug 23, 2019 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
Kimmy1983 said:
I’ve never watched any of the Love Live! series before I’m sorry to say ^_^

Not really my cup of tea when it comes to music/idol group themed animes ^_^

Imagine going out of your way to enter a karate championship and then saying "btw I never liked karate BUT i like other styles lol"

genius.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 23, 2019 3:36 PM

Aug 2018
I really thought for a single second that a new season / OVA was coming (when reading the title). Even if I'm a bit disappointed, I still have this smile left by these amazing episodes of Love Live
Aug 23, 2019 7:49 PM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
shanimebib said:

Bushiroad has nothing to do with Love Live outside of publishing the games. Love Live is a Sunrise (Bandai Namco) and Kadokawa product. Much like Aikatsu and Idolmaster are from Bandai Namco as well, as Bandai created the Arcade for Aikatsu and Namco created the Idolmaster games on console/Arcade before the merger.
Aug 24, 2019 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
caio_brb said:
RobertBobert said:

Bushiroad has nothing to do with Love Live outside of publishing the games. Love Live is a Sunrise (Bandai Namco) and Kadokawa product. Much like Aikatsu and Idolmaster are from Bandai Namco as well, as Bandai created the Arcade for Aikatsu and Namco created the Idolmaster games on console/Arcade before the merger.

Are you always trying to be a bore, even if the original post was an innocent joke?
Aug 24, 2019 12:50 PM

Nov 2018
aaa!!! muse has been a big influence and has also introduced me to other idol games so hearing they'll have a new single is great news. can't wait!
Aug 25, 2019 1:35 PM

Oct 2013
µ's is back baby

Inbefore we get another µ's anime or whatever (gonna watch it anyways)
Aug 26, 2019 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
µ's is back baby!!!

And the First Event they wil be Live at after the Reunion is just 6 days after my Birthday. I just need money to go Now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2019 12:05 PM
Apr 2018
Just in time after I finished the first series :'). I already miss them

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 18 minutes ago

1 by wallus81 »»
4 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

25 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

16 by JackAward »»
3 hours ago

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.