Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 19, 2019 3:59 AM

Jan 2018
I'm more interested in Garo's story than most of the heroes here lmao. I wanna see when he will be "beat" by Saitama when he actually knows who Garo really is lmao
Jun 19, 2019 5:50 AM

Jul 2016
Meta_Yoshi said:
I've no idea how they'll wrap all of this arc up with only about 40 minutes left, minus the OP/ED segments. ^_^;

Sorry to disappoints you here, but the Garou arc won't ends in this season (This season will mostly ended at cliffhanger unless they went filler, which is quite unlikely) and the arc will only end at around Season 3 or 4.
Jun 19, 2019 6:05 AM

Feb 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Meta_Yoshi said:
I've no idea how they'll wrap all of this arc up with only about 40 minutes left, minus the OP/ED segments. ^_^;

Sorry to disappoints you here, but the Garou arc won't ends in this season (This season will mostly ended at cliffhanger unless they went filler, which is quite unlikely) and the arc will only end at around Season 3 or 4.

Yeah, it makes better sense that way. Thanks for letting me know. =)
Jun 19, 2019 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
Cool episode. Several scenes had awkward, bad looking art style, though. Genos' new armor looked even wirse than the previous one in my opinion. I dunno if it's its colours or average executed CGI effect.

The best parts were: when King and Saitama were playing a video game; scenes with Gyoro and terrifying Orochi; but definitely the best bit was in the end when Garou faced all those heroes being wounded. I root for him to win, but I'm afraid that without monster cells it is gonna be impossible in his current state.

In general I liked this episode. I hope last two eps will have some nice fighting sequences.
Jun 19, 2019 7:34 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode despite the animation issues.
Jun 19, 2019 7:43 AM
Mar 2015
OPM losing to Bunny Bun Bun was the best part of the show
Jun 19, 2019 7:47 AM

Apr 2019
Apart from last one there were parts of this episode that I enjoyed like the Saitam playing games with bang and the garou parts.
Jun 19, 2019 7:51 AM

Jun 2015
was there a post credits next ep scene?
Jun 19, 2019 8:10 AM

Mar 2013
I can't say Garou is the best hero hunter because too early for that.
Jun 19, 2019 9:20 AM
May 2017
NoneNone said:
Emo-Trash said:
So is the momster associations aim to gain world dominance then?

Uh.... yeah... what'd you think a bunch of murderous monsters wanted?

Oh, and to be clear, not typical villain "I wanna rule the world!" Nah, that's kid's stuff.... they want to wipe humanity from existence.

I see,so it's parodying (if that's a word) mainstream villains.
Jun 19, 2019 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
RaiRye said:
Im starting to like Garou, Im actually rooting for him now lmao

If we think about him, then as famous "hero hunter" he didn't kill any hero. Garou just knocks-out heroes he is after. His desire to become a monster has roots in compassion towards all hated monsters that are being exterminated all the time. So he ain't that evil, lol.
Jun 19, 2019 1:20 PM

Oct 2011
sdrexler said:

Not really sure what that has to do with my post.

Ooops, quoted the wrong post. Sorry, I'll edit it to quote the correct post

Jun 19, 2019 1:22 PM

Dec 2017
Really disappointed with fight scenes, they were really awesome in manga.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jun 19, 2019 3:19 PM
May 2017
Emo-Trash said:

I see,so it's parodying (if that's a word) mainstream villains.

I mean, I guess you could see it that way, just seems more like a basic evil desire of monsters (and most villains): "to kill", taken to it's ultimate extreme.
Jun 19, 2019 3:54 PM

Jul 2016
Woah, are we actually coming back to the story after wasting more than half the season on filler?

Don't tease me, show.
Jun 19, 2019 7:02 PM
Jun 2015
Looks like the budget went to the accelerator anime hahahahahahahahaha. Oh well at least season 1 was grand
Jun 20, 2019 1:44 AM

Jul 2016
qwertyMrJINX said:
Woah, are we actually coming back to the story after wasting more than half the season on filler?

You are either never read the manga or have no idea what does filler actually mean.
Jun 20, 2019 2:51 AM

Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

You are either never read the manga or have no idea what does filler actually mean.
Why would I read an adaptation when the original's still ongoing?
Jun 20, 2019 4:22 AM

Jul 2016
qwertyMrJINX said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Why would I read an adaptation when the original's still ongoing?

Why would I watch an anime adaptation when the manga is still ongoing?

This type of argument doesn't even make sense at all. According to your logic, there's no reason to watch the anime because there's already an original source of it exists before. Orochi and that tournament "arc" may not be includes on original webcomic but that doesn't meant it's filler. You have to remember that all these "fillers" are actually written by ONE himself, so this mean all of the manga-exclusive staffs was canon.

I was also once thought that tournament "arc" was filler until the fans told me otherwise and some of manga-exclusive staffs was introduced in the latest webcomic chapters.
MahiaErebeaNegiJun 20, 2019 4:57 AM
Jun 20, 2019 6:09 AM

May 2018
So Garou forget who kick his ass again.
Jun 20, 2019 7:40 AM

May 2018
This is impossible to conclude in two episodes as of now. They've either to go with an anime original ending or butcher even the ending of this show. If it's the latter, good job for maximum failure.
Jun 20, 2019 9:19 AM

Jul 2016
ArrRti said:
or butcher even the ending of this show. If it's the latter, good job for maximum failure.

Why is this a big surprise when the Garou arc is not even end yet in the manga too? I'm pretty sure a lot of manga-readers already expected this season will ended at cliffhanger (Saitama one punches Elder Centipede and Garou saved by Monster Association) and this has nothing to do with the bad direction this season have.

Your word about this season is a failure wasn't wrong, though. Lol
MahiaErebeaNegiJun 20, 2019 9:23 AM
Jun 20, 2019 11:08 AM

May 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
ArrRti said:
or butcher even the ending of this show. If it's the latter, good job for maximum failure.

Why is this a big surprise when the Garou arc is not even end yet in the manga too? I'm pretty sure a lot of manga-readers already expected this season will ended at cliffhanger (Saitama one punches Elder Centipede and Garou saved by Monster Association) and this has nothing to do with the bad direction this season have.

Ah, ok. I'm only 5 chapters ahead of the tv series, manga wise (as my country tends to dish out volumes rather slow compared to America or France) and an end doesn't seem to be even near. I thought they concluded the arc in Japan at least, oh well.
So it will definitely be anime original or butchered as there doesn't seem to be an ideal cliffhanger-moment (afaik).
Jun 20, 2019 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
Gyoro focus this time...more saitama action please
Jun 20, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2018
Fucking cliffhangers.
Jun 20, 2019 2:02 PM

Oct 2008
This series can eat shit now.
First the animation
Now black face in 2019?
Fuck off Japan
This has been a huge waste of 4 hours of my life.

CTFU how does this thread only have one post about the blackface?
Part of the problem and ya'll don't even realize it.
Jun 20, 2019 3:54 PM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
ArrRti said:

lol it isn't a failure it just decent that's it not like S1 but still fine
Jun 20, 2019 5:08 PM
Nov 2016
YaBoiVipey said:
First the animation
Now black face in 2019?
Fuck off Japan

I agree that season 2 is mediocre but I don't understand what you mean by the "black face in 2019" thing. Is it related to my boy Darkshine?
Jun 20, 2019 5:13 PM

Mar 2014
qwertyMrJINX said:

Don't tease me, show.

Oh you moronic anime only watchers never cease to amaze me how small minded you can get.
Almost everything that doesn't flow must be filler with you guys.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 20, 2019 7:38 PM

Sep 2018
Cool Jojo ref XD. This ep was okayish imo except for Genos..wtf is wrong with you JC...why is Genos covered in oil?
I'm worried what theyll do with the nest 2 eps considering the fights they have to animate. Though not expecting much.
Jun 20, 2019 7:47 PM

Oct 2008
oh look at that! Garou is having a hard time dealing with a bunch of class A & B heroes!
oh great! Genos has new parts! i wonder how strong is his power boost!?!?
1/5.
anyway still Animation is sucked!

Jun 21, 2019 1:50 AM

Jul 2016
ArrRti said:
I thought they concluded the arc in Japan at least, oh well.

Well, if we're talking about the original webcomic, then it's true that Garou arc was already ended back before the anime adaptation was even announced. But when comes to the manga, the Garou arc was just around middle part of the story and I don't think the arc will be concluded anytime soon, due to the manga was releases monthly and ONE are trying to extend the arc to adding some new elements that's not present in webcomic (For example: Orochi).

ArrRti said:
So it will definitely be anime original or butchered as there doesn't seem to be an ideal cliffhanger-moment (afaik).

Well, I do see some fight may will be butchered and the Elder Centipede's fight will most likely butchered to only few minutes long. As for the ending, they could be ended the show at either Genos asks Saitama for how to become stronger or Hero Association hired some heroes for made preparation to attacks the Monster Association's main base.

HueyLion said:
Oh you moronic anime only watchers never cease to amaze me how small minded you can get.
Almost everything that doesn't flow must be filler with you guys.

I don't think someone pretends something must be filler because they hate it was stupid. The stupidest thing here is how they don't want to admits how wrong they are no matter how many times we explains something to them.

I already told this guy for three times about how that tournament "arc" was canon and written by ONE himself, and yet all he did was keep ignoring my comment and continue to claiming that "arc" was filler because I "defended" it.

todd2580 said:
lol it isn't a failure it just decent that's it not like S1 but still fine

How about you just stop posting the same thing when someone don't agree with you? This is like the 10000th time you reply the same thing to me, and I already said in the previous topic that my opinion won't change no matter how many times you said it's "good".

Not try to be hostile here, but this is just wasting your time to arguing the same thing over and over to the same person, if they won't listen your thought. If I were you, I would just choose to ignoring instead of keep posting the same thing. At least, this is how I do when I saw the hater who doesn't want to listen.
MahiaErebeaNegiJun 21, 2019 2:01 AM
Jun 21, 2019 3:20 AM

Feb 2017
YaBoiVipey said:
First the animation
Now black face in 2019?
Fuck off Japan

Not gonna lie I was cringing super hard at the blackface. Like how tone-deaf can they be?
Serving Jynx back in 1996
Jun 21, 2019 3:36 AM

Mar 2013
The animation style changes significantly in the Garou fight. Though that part also is the best animated part. Maybe they should ask that specific animation team to do the rest of the series.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 21, 2019 5:34 AM

Feb 2019
Garou's fight was pretty exciting tbh. I also love his interaction with Tareo
Jun 21, 2019 11:18 AM

Feb 2015
I liked this episode for being much more focused and not changing scene every few minutes. Finally some more Garou screen time. Some of the animation was pretty nice too.
Jun 21, 2019 3:58 PM
Oct 2017
THIS OPM DISCUSSION MAKE ME SICK
WHY YOU KEEP WATCHING IT IF YOU HATE IT THAT MUCH
JUST DROP IT & KEEP THAT HATRED FOR YOURSELF
Jun 21, 2019 9:12 PM

Aug 2017
It really doesn’t feel like this seasons about to end. It really should have been 24 eps
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jun 22, 2019 1:14 AM

Jul 2016
MakoChoppo said:
It really should have been 24 eps

More like 40 episodes as the Garou arc was quite long in the manga.
Jun 22, 2019 3:14 AM

Aug 2017
YaBoiVipey said:
First the animation
Now black face in 2019?
Fuck off Japan

It’s not a problem gtfo with that

Jun 22, 2019 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
Leo said:
Kinda a boring episode imo.

At least I'm still liking Garou.

Garou be saving the episode but the episode aint saving Garou <\3
Jun 22, 2019 5:50 AM

May 2019
Ahh, favourite part of the OPM manga finally being adapted, next episode can be amazing. I hope they stick a little more true to the manga than in this ep, but overall I liked the animation more than the last couple. I do think that two episodes isn't enough to adapt all the material for this arc, however, and I'm concerned about that.

Garou is the GOAT.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jun 22, 2019 9:30 AM
May 2018
YaBoiVipey said:
First the animation
Now black face in 2019?
Fuck off Japan

"Fuck off Japan" Shut your whore mouth you racist white CUCK.
Jun 22, 2019 3:03 PM
Jul 2016
Konpurekkusu said:
What was with this shiny and oily Genos this episode? Lol.

lol it might be distracting but if you tried to ignore it you'll see genco's actual desgin it's not that bad but on the first episodes i admit the colors were annoying but they tired to lower it in the next episodes so that's something and the errors might be fixed
BlakexEkalb said:
xShinigami3125 said:
Ä

Man I‘d love to know what your definition of good is lol, this was a bad episode.

Some people are more harsh on series than others. While I'm a little lighter on this season for being a big downgrade from season 1, you take it a lot harder. I don't see a problem with those different perspectives as it balances out the hate and the leniency.

same i'm lighter in this season for being have a lot of factors affecting it so i'm trying to give it a chance
Jun 22, 2019 3:18 PM
Jul 2016
Gytanzo said:
I remember thinking while reading the manga: "Is King just ungodly amazing at games or does Saitama just completely suck ass?" (Answer is both, by the way) I always thought that the parasite monster was creepy. Those executives must be pretty stupid to even buy the peace speech for a few seconds. Superalloy Darkshine is so full of it, and I love it. He's a great character. I still can't get over how utterly terrible Genos looks. Animated face with CG bullshit from the neck down. It looks so bad. I thought the reason Metal Knight didn't want to participate in the raid was because he was scared? Did I read that part of the manga incorrectly? I love that half second part of Garou drilling a hole through concrete with his finger. Love that J.C. was able to include that. The fight was well animated. I hope they do the second half of it justice, but I don't have my hopes very high.

lol Genco's Design isn't made by CGI i think at least the shading was decent not like the first two episodes were it was much

xZabuzax said:
RayReynolds said:
the problem this season is not exclusive to jc staff, but the same author seems that this forgeted about his own story, because extend this arc to see the secondary characters with their own fights seriously, when before Saitama always came here to piss on the pride of these guys in a burlesque plan by showing them that they are not worth anything by making their own punchline, because seriously after Boros no one could take seriously any of these guys who are literal garbage. This has no parody or grace How I detest that the authors always turn their initially interesting work into a cliche and boring story

I respect your opinion dude but I disagree, most of us actually doesn't have a problem with the manga, after the Boros arc OPM got a bit more serious but it was pretty well presented in the manga and it was still interesting. Some people didn't liked the tournament arc but I actually liked that arc. The thing I didn't like is how mediocre the anime presented the things from the manga, it had no impact, no well directed scenes, the director needs to make those moments shine in the anime but he's just lazily copy/pasting the manga into the anime and it just isn't working out and the mediocre animation is not helping either.

My point is that the source material (aka: the manga) has nothing to do with how bad season 2 has become, the manga is pretty good in it's own right, the anime however is not. If the directing and animation was something close to season 1 then the 2nd season would be more enjoyable and people wouldn't be complaining about it all the time.

the director while he did what you said but that's because of lack of time for sure

RayReynolds said:
xZabuzax said:

I respect your opinion dude but I disagree, most of us actually doesn't have a problem with the manga, after the Boros arc OPM got a bit more serious but it was pretty well presented in the manga and it was still interesting. Some people didn't liked the tournament arc but I actually liked that arc. The thing I didn't like is how mediocre the anime presented the things from the manga, it had no impact, no well directed scenes, the director needs to make those moments shine in the anime but he's just lazily copy/pasting the manga into the anime and it just isn't working out and the mediocre animation is not helping either.

My point is that the source material (aka: the manga) has nothing to do with how bad season 2 has become, the manga is pretty good in it's own right, the anime however is not. If the directing and animation was something close to season 1 then the 2nd season would be more enjoyable and people wouldn't be complaining about it all the time.

I think you're someone who can enjoy something more traditional, but I keep my point simply is not a correct evolution of the concept because despite everything the very existence of Saitama completely ruins any kind of tension it is impossible to take anything seriously because of his omnipotence, it has become the same as he tried to parody which is not a sign of good writing but of a huge contradiction.

lol nope Saitama might be overpowered but it doesn't damage anything yeah he's the strongest hero but still heroes give him a reason to live and have some company rather doing nothing and that's actually the interesting about OPM in general

Jun 22, 2019 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
MakoChoppo said:
YaBoiVipey said:
First the animation
Now black face in 2019?
Fuck off Japan

What blackface is bro talking about ?
Jun 22, 2019 11:19 PM

Aug 2017
nayuten said:
MakoChoppo said:

What blackface is bro talking about ?

There wasn’t any actual blackface just a black guy who looks like a black guy. Outrage culture at its finest. When the animation is actually good the haters have to find something to rag on. And unsurprisingly the majority of complainers are... you guessed it, white!

Jun 22, 2019 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
MakoChoppo said:

There wasn’t any actual blackface just a black guy who looks like a black guy. Outrage culture at its finest. When the animation is actually good the haters have to find something to rag on. And unsurprisingly the majority of complainers are... you guessed it, white!

You could tell the kind of person they are lmao thank you for clarifying. This season's animation might not be the best out there but I don't think it deserves the hate it's getting.
Jun 23, 2019 3:48 AM

May 2015
GO garo. kick some asses.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 23, 2019 4:29 AM

May 2016
It's not like I've become used to it but this episode was actually a fun watch that didn't bore me nor overwhelmed me with how shoddily made some parts of the episodes usually are. The characters looked good most of the time especially Garou who's given the spotlight in the latter half and the sound effects were more appropriate this time.

There wasn't much action throughout the episode but that fight scene with the Hero Hunter against the 8-Man Hero Hunter Hunters Squad was really exciting. His talk with Tareo made me feel just as warm in the inside when I read that part in the manga but this part in the anime in particular made him a lot more likable.

Some aggressive Ora Oras from Saitama, a little Yare Yare from King, and a dash of Takehito Koyasu afterwards. Seeing that adapted with a bonus made me rather happy~

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.