Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2019 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Gyoro has a hell of a way to send a message as part of the Monster Assocation.

Looks like they're also hyping the monsters side with all sorts of cameos and preparation for their attack. These guys aren't playing around. Looks like they adapted a bit of chapter 80 this episode too.
Jun 18, 2019 9:56 AM

Feb 2018
No improvement, just as expected. The ad break was more enjoyable than the episode. The next episodes are gonna be much much worse, considering how much they ll have to animate in those. At least garou shouting on top of the little house looked hilarious.
xShinigami3125Jun 18, 2019 10:05 AM
Jun 18, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2017
Mmmm, the animation is still bad. At least I liked Gyoro voice.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 18, 2019 10:07 AM
Jun 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
No improvement, just as expected. The ad break was more enjoyable than the episode. The next episodes are gonna be much much worse, considering how much they ll have to animate in those. At least garou shouting on top of the little house looked hilarious.

Man id love to know what your definition of bad is lol this was a good episode.
Jun 18, 2019 10:12 AM
May 2019
The battle is so different from manga panel, some cut scene and some add scene is confusing why they cut but they add new scene not from manga, and when garou hit the table his hand always delay similar garou up his hand when battle with metal bat its weird
Jun 18, 2019 10:44 AM

Mar 2018
That last scene was actually very well done, multiple good cuts and finally good soundtrack timing.

The rest of the episode was slow because it just showed some consequences of the monsters attack. No big deal otherwise.
Also Garou is seriously a great character, the whole storyline is actually pretty solid.

I still think they can make the last two episodes really good action wise.
Florent3571Jun 18, 2019 11:10 AM
Jun 18, 2019 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
Kinda a boring episode imo.

At least I'm still liking Garou.

Jun 18, 2019 11:00 AM

Feb 2018
Actually...not that bad? Not a ton of fights, but at least the character models looked a little better. The story is finally starting to get semi-interesting as well. Just wish that hadn't taken so long.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 18, 2019 11:06 AM
Mar 2008
Ahhh another week another garbage episode. This whole season is a fucking filler. At this point i hope that they don't make another season. If i wanted to watch a mediocre shounen filled with pointless yapping i could have just downloaded something else.
Jun 18, 2019 11:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I didn't like some of the colours and voices they used to depict some of the Monster Association. Orochi looked somehow less intimidating than he does in the manga.

Not being a big fan of Garou's character, the second half of the episode was less than enjoyable. But I know that characters like him do well in Japan.

Looking forward to the final stretch here. I wonder where they will end things?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2019 11:14 AM
Sep 2015
Wow Garo fight fully shirtless now, hope he's naked next episode to see if he's really 'monster' or not!
Jun 18, 2019 11:23 AM

Feb 2018
Hydra_X9K said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Ä
Hydra_X9K said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Man I‘d love to know what your definition of good is lol, this was a bad episode.
Jun 18, 2019 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
Hang in there Garou 😥

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 18, 2019 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
I am really enjoying the story so I think it's time to make the jump to the manga.

The action sequence, with Garou at the end, was pretty decent for the first time in this season. It was still a let down overall but you had a better sense of where everyone was in the scene.

Jun 18, 2019 11:27 AM
Jun 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
Hydra_X9K said:

Ä
Hydra_X9K said:

Man I‘d love to know what your definition of good is lol, this was a bad episode.

Touche lol. Oh well an expected counter argument. Might i ask what your favorite anime are? Season 1 surely.
Jun 18, 2019 11:28 AM
Jul 2014
Finally, a genuinly good episode. The best direction, character models, voice acting, and had some good animations. And finally I felt I'm watching One Punch Man and not some shitty fan animation. 7.5/10
Jun 18, 2019 11:40 AM

Feb 2018
Hydra_X9K said:
xShinigami3125 said:
Ä

Touche lol. Oh well an expected counter argument. Might i ask what your favorite anime are? Season 1 surely.

You can see those on my profile, I am more of a manga reader tho.
Saiki Kusuo no psi nan is the greatest anime of all time.
Jun 18, 2019 11:43 AM
Jun 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
Hydra_X9K said:

That was a very funny anime. And funnily enough it was animated by JC Staff xD. JC Staff is really good at certain genres. Action isnt really their strong suit. My favorite has to be Black Lagoon or Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works
Jun 18, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
so the official name of Darkshine is now Blackluster huh

only few seconds of sakuga again but fortunately they allocated it with the Garo fight
Jun 18, 2019 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
Really getting irritated with all the bullshit cliffhanger endings for these episodes
Jun 18, 2019 12:07 PM

Oct 2018
What was with this shiny and oily Genos this episode? Lol.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Jun 18, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2016
So OPM 2 continues its now 3 episode streak of being borderline half-decent, on top of the 10 episode streak of being fugly as hell and having only a couple decent cuts at most that are still marred by this show's awful aesthetic. Definitely too little too late, but I guess I'll take it if it means there's even some minor engagement with fights like Garou vs 8 heroes and moments like him speaking with that kid again. Who knows, if they continue this streak for another 2 episodes, or god forbid, make then actually decent, I might even bump this up to a 4/10, albeit a light one. I guess you could call this the best episode but how much praise should that claim really entail?
CodeBlazeFateJun 18, 2019 12:13 PM
Jun 18, 2019 12:10 PM

Jul 2017
Sucks there was barely any Saitama this ep but oh well, actually found myself rooting for Garou

Also that sheen on Genos took itself to a whole new level

Hydra_X9K said:
xShinigami3125 said:

That was a very funny anime. And funnily enough it was animated by JC Staff xD. JC Staff is really good at certain genres. Action isnt really their strong suit. My favorite has to be Black Lagoon or Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

J.C actually had pretty good animation before, in recent runs though qualities dropped tremendously
Jun 18, 2019 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
Saitama had me laughing a lot when he got thrashed by King when the pair of them were playing a fighting game. After one too many losses, Saitama blamed the game for being shit rather than blame his lack of skill at the game. XD

Garo, in his injured form, now has to deal with 8 heroes who are determined to catch him and their team attacks so far appears to be working. The fight's animation wasn't too shabby either, with certain frames looking great, but others shots was lacking at times. Still, at least it's an improvement.

Another thing I did like about the episode was Garo's interaction with the same kid from before. He knows the kid's good and he wants to make sure that he's not caught in the firing line of the heroes who're out to capture Garo. That does make me like Garo more as a character. =)

Two episodes left now. I've no idea how they'll wrap all of this arc up with only about 40 minutes left, minus the OP/ED segments. ^_^;
Jun 18, 2019 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
The battle between Baldogre and Love Rabbit was better animated than some actual fights from this season XD

Jun 18, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2016
Hydra_X9K said:
xShinigami3125 said:

then watch Taboo Tattoo or Danmachi and you'll change your mind it's just OPM S2 have a tight schedule with food wars animators so that's it's a bit weak with some bad luck but still enjoyable
Jun 18, 2019 12:33 PM

Jan 2013
i really like the buddy buddy ship between Garou and freckle boy
Jun 18, 2019 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
dannymilk said:
i really like the buddy buddy ship between Garou and freckle boy
the boy's name is Tareo and he pretty lucky to know Garou like that.
Jun 18, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2008
I never expected for s2 to be as awesome as s1, but with each ep it's get more boring and jc bungling only makes matters worse.
Oh, and garou goin for nr. 1 in category, for the worst chara of the season.
If we ever get a s3, I hope that jc won't be involve.
Jun 18, 2019 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
Aoki confirmed as the animator of this only sakuga scene in episode 10 https://twitter.com/MystoSakuga/status/1141040660176412674
Jun 18, 2019 12:43 PM

May 2015
Oh wow, this episode was actually exciting to watch. Too bad it took almost the entirety of the season to get to this point.

I really liked King and Saitama duo, they are so fun!

Garou's fight was pretty nice too, I wonder what he'll do in this situation.

Jun 18, 2019 12:47 PM
Feb 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
Hydra_X9K said:

Ä
Hydra_X9K said:

Some people are more harsh on series than others. While I'm a little lighter on this season for being a big downgrade from season 1, you take it a lot harder. I don't see a problem with those different perspectives as it balances out the hate and the leniency.
Jun 18, 2019 12:47 PM

Jan 2018
Finally some more Sakuga moments in the last part of the episode, hopefully the guy who animated it has a large role in the finale, other than that it was the usual bland looking and bad paced season 2.
Jun 18, 2019 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
just two more episodes huh... I guess the final will get rushed
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jun 18, 2019 12:59 PM
Apr 2016
Lmao Garou thinks King did that to him, that's great. I think the last fight had some decent animation scenes, no weird annoying blur effect, too, so that's even better. Better episode than the last few.
Jun 18, 2019 1:03 PM
Jan 2019
Ray! I know the idiot Garou deserves it, but I felt a little sorry for him. In short, it is already lost and will be captured ... Or maybe not ?. Maybe it will come out with a power up ultimately, imitating Metallic Bat. The more they hit it, the stronger it gets.

Damn Metal Knight, I've never fallen well: v.

PS: The animation and tonality that JC Staff gives to metals is disgusting!
Jun 18, 2019 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
Anyone else realise that this season is gonna end before the arc truly concludes? Could this they are planning a 3rd season to conclude the rest later?
Jun 18, 2019 1:07 PM

Feb 2013
King is really the strongest, at games.
Jun 18, 2019 1:14 PM
Mar 2018
Definite improvement after the tournament arc. The pacing was really good, didn't waste any time establishing the plot and carried it on with good flow. The fight with Garou was better than the other animation we have seen as of yet too. Yes, it wasn't detailed but the movements were fluid.

I'm genuinely hyped for the next episode, but since the anime is only 12 episodes long, it should be impossible to fit in so many things in the next 2 eps. Hope they don't eff it up
Jun 18, 2019 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
animeruler1 said:
Anyone else realise that this season is gonna end before the arc truly concludes? Could this they are planning a 3rd season to conclude the rest later?

the monster association along with Garo is still the current arc on the manga so this will not be over even with another 13 episode sequel
Jun 18, 2019 1:27 PM
Dec 2017
This season has felt pointless. Not because of bad animation and pacing issues, but just pointless period. Theres only two episodes left and I dont see the goal at the end of this season.

P.s. anime only so maybe I just dont know enough but it doesnt seem like theres a way to end this season and setup for another season
Jun 18, 2019 1:27 PM
May 2019
That's the first decent fight this season, I'm gonna rate this episode a 5 man. Absolutely love Garo's character now
Jun 18, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
I would love a Garou spin-off of some sort.

Arguably the most interesting character of the entire franchise by far. (Especially in the Manga)
Jun 18, 2019 1:49 PM
Dec 2017
Garou at the end was actually pretty good
Jun 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode😎👍
Jun 18, 2019 1:50 PM
Dec 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
Hydra_X9K said:

Saiki kusuo is definitely one of the greatest anime of all time!
Jun 18, 2019 2:01 PM
Apr 2019
Finally an episode on par with the quality of episode 3
Jun 18, 2019 2:06 PM
May 2017
So is the momster associations aim to gain world dominance then?
Jun 18, 2019 2:11 PM

Jan 2017
That, that was actually a great episode... had some really gooey animation at well timed points. I really couldnt see anything wrong with the episode -probably the most solid this season.
Jun 18, 2019 2:17 PM

Dec 2018
And we are off playing video game and having a seizure over losing over and over again,,,

We are again being bombarded with deformed faces and other non humanoid looking futures,,,, The animation is miserable fucking mess,,,Things sticks out like a sore thumb ,,,, Weird backgrounds repugnant and inconsistent overall!!!! Not even the goddamn colour are right!!They are very odd and unappealing to look at,, and the reflections and over bright colour are pain for the eyes!! This whole thing have just been a big disappointment

And we face more problem!!! With the pacing and weird confusing plot chooses ,its disorganised slow boring and uninteresting to watch!!

The fight with Garou!!!,,,,,,,The injuries he receive earlier weakens and putting him in a vulnerable state!! So the "heroes" takes fully advantage of the situation and cowardly attacks the warrior that is injured!!!!,,,,,,,,Very heroic deed now don't you think?

To go after someone when he cant defend himself is despicable!!! Dishonourable disgusting act carried out by a bunch of weak cowards,,,,The are no heroes to be found in this anime ,,,,,,Narcissistic assholes is more what they are

Not impressed at all!! I want my waifu Tatsumaki to come in and kick some ass!!!,,,Until then no points for you anime!!! .You still have 1/10 Ridiculous!! Better yourself to next week!!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 19, 2019 12:16 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.