Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2019 2:24 PM

Sep 2012
Finally a good episode.
Jun 18, 2019 2:37 PM

Apr 2017
The second half improved this dumpster fire a bit.

Garou's fight against everyone had nice cuts, although now I see where are they tossing the budget at... The freaking movie-like amount of characters and voice actors. I mean, holy hell, out of the forty-and-something characters (including the twenty characters introduced in this bs episode), I think I only care for... Who? The kid who has the book and...? Whoops, I forgot the rest, sorry.

The pace is decent, but the amount of characters introduced made me feel like watching TG:re.

At friggin' least, the plot is now moving forward, though I'm wondering if this may end with a cliffhanger or what? This bs season has two episodes left to wrap this bs arc.

I don't read the manga, though now with this adaptation I think I'll never read it (Murata's art deserves better), but I hope... PLEASE... I hope the two last episodes have to be decent, also Garou has a potential to be an above-average villain in this bs series.

Bad and boring first half; decent second half. Unfunny comedy... Somehow I still hope the last episodes will do justice.
No community will be as misunderstood as the furry community. Uh... I guess?
Jun 18, 2019 2:39 PM

Aug 2017
i liked this episode, i really love Garou
Jun 18, 2019 2:56 PM
Apr 2016
another episode without saitama.

The animation was a little better than the previous episode
Jun 18, 2019 3:17 PM
May 2016
Remember to send your support to our boy Kenichiro Aoki, the one man hard-carrying this shitshow of a second season.
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/80550
Even under this absolutely terrible production schedule he still manages to make cuts that feel reminiscent of season 1, and he's made at least 1 for every episode so far. Fucking 1 per week on top of working on everything else, he did 3 for this ep in particular.
Jun 18, 2019 3:28 PM
Apr 2015
_sam said:

what the fricc am i watching, is this 2019? lmao

Why you don't say about good points
This amazing moments in ep
Episode was really good

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/80552
Jun 18, 2019 3:45 PM

May 2016
Yet another disappointment, they didn't even bother animating Saitama's encounter with the monsters.

I don't understand how one of the most popular Anime Series' Worldwide could be downgraded more than some fan animations on YouTube.
Jun 18, 2019 3:48 PM

Jun 2014
No saitama = 1/5 episode.
Jun 18, 2019 3:51 PM
Apr 2016
Astounding moments with kid watching his two Heroes (A good ossan and heroes) fighting for reasons he does not know. I am expecting him to rush in and shield Garou with himself. Man the secondary characters are as deeply written as in... Oh wait I just tried to reference One Punch Man, in One Punch Man.
Deepception.
Re:formed
Jun 18, 2019 4:17 PM
Feb 2009
one of the better episode this second season
Jun 18, 2019 4:31 PM

Sep 2017
I remember thinking while reading the manga: "Is King just ungodly amazing at games or does Saitama just completely suck ass?" (Answer is both, by the way) I always thought that the parasite monster was creepy. Those executives must be pretty stupid to even buy the peace speech for a few seconds. Superalloy Darkshine is so full of it, and I love it. He's a great character. I still can't get over how utterly terrible Genos looks. Animated face with CG bullshit from the neck down. It looks so bad. I thought the reason Metal Knight didn't want to participate in the raid was because he was scared? Did I read that part of the manga incorrectly? I love that half second part of Garou drilling a hole through concrete with his finger. Love that J.C. was able to include that. The fight was well animated. I hope they do the second half of it justice, but I don't have my hopes very high.
Jun 18, 2019 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
Liked how Garo protected the kid. For a monster hunter he sure has a soft spot for that dorky kid! I hope he won't be defeated by those heroes.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 18, 2019 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, Garo really got beaten up by the "dog" hero + Saitama and now those 8 guys are doing a great job. But i feel like the kid will interfere somehow...

And damn, Orochi looks really badass! Can't wait for his fight!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 18, 2019 4:56 PM
Mar 2019
Finally this season is starting to get interesting... I'm really starting to like the garuo character to
Jun 18, 2019 5:09 PM
Nov 2016
I was pleasantly surprised with this episode, it was pretty good, this is the 2nd best episode of this season so far, the best episode is episode 3.

I believe that the pacing and directing was on point on this episode, even the soundtrack was on point as well and the soundtrack FINALLY blended well with the atmosphere, in the previous episodes the soundtrack didn't blended at all with the atmosphere but in episode 10 it finally did.

Episode 10 deserves a 8/10 in my opinion and episode 3 deserves a 8.2/10. If the Bluray remove the shitty "ghosting effect" in episode 3 then it will raise to 8.5/10.
Jun 18, 2019 5:16 PM
May 2017
For the first time in a million years.
I legit want a anti-hero to win.
Garou need to win, his character is way too interesting.
Jun 18, 2019 5:17 PM

May 2017
Very little one punching this episode and most other episodes this season. I mean that's why we're all here watching this, right?
Jun 18, 2019 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
And so begins my favorite scene in all of One Punch Man, and honestly one of my favorite fight scenes in anime/manga. Here's hoping they don't butcher it. So far, there were a few mediocre parts, but it also looks like they're putting effort into this one. We'll have a clearer picture next week.

Also, is anybody else upset that they got rid of the Jojo reference from the manga?

I guess they kept the ora ora ora, but I didn't hear yare yare daze nor did I see the go go go go katakana.

Also, slight spoiler alert: yes, this season will end on a cliffhanger.
ChangeLeopardonJun 18, 2019 5:29 PM
Jun 18, 2019 5:30 PM

Jul 2014
And the ending song is back, I wish Garou wins this fight, he's quite the good and bad person at the same time
Jun 18, 2019 5:55 PM

Dec 2014
Honestly, the King and Saitama sequences were the best parts of this episode. xD

Those 8 heroes are doing a pretty good job at keeping Garou down. Wonder how this is gonna play out, I'm assuming the kid will have a role to play?
Jun 18, 2019 6:34 PM
May 2019
I feel like the hero-loving kid will run out from the shack if the heroes really start beating Garo and Garo'll have to protect him all hero-like, then he'll have a small revelation that that hero business ain't so bad after all... and then he'll hate heroes all the more xD

Also, love how King and Saitama are exact opposites from one another in terms of skill. King is a coward who can't fight in real life but he's a beast at video games, and Saitama is the strongest man alive who can't win a fight in a game for anything lmao
Jun 18, 2019 6:50 PM
Jul 2017
Wow, for me this one was a nice episode.
Kinda impressed with Garous backstory and the kid.

Glasses mvp.
Jun 18, 2019 7:03 PM
Apr 2016
Is anyone else noticing the inconsistency with the animation style as the series goes on, or is it just me?

It's still not on the level of season 1, but I have to admit that part with Garou fighting the other heroes was one of the better fight scenes in this anime so far (imo) in regards to the animation. At least there weren't any of those rapid fire swooshing movements from what I remember XD I just hope these last couple episodes are good.
Jun 18, 2019 7:08 PM

Sep 2017
Garou feeling kinda like an underdog right now. To be fair he's never actually killed anyone so he's not that bad. Feeling like the kid might come out of the shed and try to protect Garou but idk.
Jun 18, 2019 7:13 PM

Jun 2013
I keep forgetting the VA's name for Gyoro, I think it's Takehito Koyasu but I'm not sure. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It was a likable episode, not the greatest obviously. I think that bit where the monsters were instantly beaten by Saitama and they were scattered all over the ground was kind of cheap. I haven't caught up with the manga since I'm reading other series right now so I'm not sure if him beating them up was illustrated. Garou's fight with the heroes was okay too.
臭い-
Jun 18, 2019 7:58 PM

Sep 2018
My heart hurts a lot, they murdered One Punch Man, from one of the best animation to one that is normal-bad.
I keep moving forward
Jun 18, 2019 8:09 PM
May 2017
animeruler1 said:
Anyone else realise that this season is gonna end before the arc truly concludes? Could this they are planning a 3rd season to conclude the rest later?

Manga isn't even finished with the arc, and it's 2 years ahead. So yeah, Season 3, probably 4 and 5 as well.
Jun 18, 2019 8:11 PM
May 2017
Emo-Trash said:
So is the momster associations aim to gain world dominance then?

Uh.... yeah... what'd you think a bunch of murderous monsters wanted?

Oh, and to be clear, not typical villain "I wanna rule the world!" Nah, that's kid's stuff.... they want to wipe humanity from existence.
Jun 18, 2019 8:12 PM
May 2017
giftedxhands said:
This season has felt pointless. Not because of bad animation and pacing issues, but just pointless period. Theres only two episodes left and I dont see the goal at the end of this season.

P.s. anime only so maybe I just dont know enough but it doesnt seem like theres a way to end this season and setup for another season

Oh, it'll be cliffhanger definitely. Just a midway point in the story.
Jun 18, 2019 8:42 PM

Jan 2018
> Saitama getting pissed by King. Talk about emotionless.
> Child Emperor's VA = Envy! (FMA fam)
> Even though Garou is an anti-hero, he still has a moral compass.

Anyway, they cannot rush this to the finale in the manga. 3rd season should be in order. But for the love of God, JC Staff shouldn't handle this anymore. So incompetent EXCEPT for Kenichiro Aoki, the one-man animator that is still passionate about this project.

The sound director still sucks in his job here. I know his SFX from Ajin, it's quite decent.
Jun 18, 2019 8:46 PM

Jul 2016
That polished Genos tho...

Mostly a build up episode for what's to come but it was still a pretty decent one.

The final sequence with Garou "fighting" the other heroes looked nice, by the way.
Jun 18, 2019 9:39 PM

Oct 2017
Gd to see a decent animated episode for once.I'm looking forward to the next episode.Hope they animate it well.
Jun 18, 2019 10:08 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty boring episode tbh...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 18, 2019 10:16 PM

Aug 2015
Oh man, I'm worried about Super S. I hope she doesn't get killed, Super S is too sexy to die!
Jun 18, 2019 10:37 PM

Feb 2019
the problem this season is not exclusive to jc staff, but the same author seems that this forgeted about his own story, because extend this arc to see the secondary characters with their own fights seriously, when before Saitama always came here to piss on the pride of these guys in a burlesque plan by showing them that they are not worth anything by making their own punchline, because seriously after Boros no one could take seriously any of these guys who are literal garbage. This has no parody or grace How I detest that the authors always turn their initially interesting work into a cliche and boring story
Jun 18, 2019 10:55 PM
Nov 2016
RayReynolds said:
the problem this season is not exclusive to jc staff, but the same author seems that this forgeted about his own story, because extend this arc to see the secondary characters with their own fights seriously, when before Saitama always came here to piss on the pride of these guys in a burlesque plan by showing them that they are not worth anything by making their own punchline, because seriously after Boros no one could take seriously any of these guys who are literal garbage. This has no parody or grace How I detest that the authors always turn their initially interesting work into a cliche and boring story

I respect your opinion dude but I disagree, most of us actually doesn't have a problem with the manga, after the Boros arc OPM got a bit more serious but it was pretty well presented in the manga and it was still interesting. Some people didn't liked the tournament arc but I actually liked that arc. The thing I didn't like is how mediocre the anime presented the things from the manga, it had no impact, no well directed scenes, the director needs to make those moments shine in the anime but he's just lazily copy/pasting the manga into the anime and it just isn't working out and the mediocre animation is not helping either.

My point is that the source material (aka: the manga) has nothing to do with how bad season 2 has become, the manga is pretty good in it's own right, the anime however is not. If the directing and animation was something close to season 1 then the 2nd season would be more enjoyable and people wouldn't be complaining about it all the time.
Jun 18, 2019 11:14 PM

Feb 2018
Hydra_X9K said:
xShinigami3125 said:

You can see those on my profile, I am more of a manga reader tho.
Saiki Kusuo no psi nan is the greatest anime of all time.

That was a very funny anime. And funnily enough it was animated by JC Staff xD. JC Staff is really good at certain genres. Action isnt really their strong suit. My favorite has to be Black Lagoon or Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

I mean Saiki K had basically no animation xd, so yea it was basically a show made for JC staff.
Jun 18, 2019 11:22 PM

Feb 2019
xZabuzax said:
RayReynolds said:

I respect your opinion dude but I disagree, most of us actually doesn't have a problem with the manga, after the Boros arc OPM got a bit more serious but it was pretty well presented in the manga and it was still interesting. Some people didn't liked the tournament arc but I actually liked that arc. The thing I didn't like is how mediocre the anime presented the things from the manga, it had no impact, no well directed scenes, the director needs to make those moments shine in the anime but he's just lazily copy/pasting the manga into the anime and it just isn't working out and the mediocre animation is not helping either.

My point is that the source material (aka: the manga) has nothing to do with how bad season 2 has become, the manga is pretty good in it's own right, the anime however is not. If the directing and animation was something close to season 1 then the 2nd season would be more enjoyable and people wouldn't be complaining about it all the time.

I think you're someone who can enjoy something more traditional, but I keep my point simply is not a correct evolution of the concept because despite everything the very existence of Saitama completely ruins any kind of tension it is impossible to take anything seriously because of his omnipotence, it has become the same as he tried to parody which is not a sign of good writing but of a huge contradiction.
Jun 19, 2019 12:12 AM
Sep 2017
First half of the episode was more of the same tedium I had gotten used to. The second half was actually pretty engaging. Some good cuts in the big fight at the end and it got me fairly invested in Garou's arc, a character I had not cared about at all up until now. It's probably too little too late for OPM S2, but I was really happy to see this show get it together for once.
Jun 19, 2019 12:15 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode. I didn't like that the left the shiny nude guy at the start be as dark as he would be in real life. They should have added some fake lighting for when he shows up so the audience can see the character better

Also, the season is 12 episodes. Next episode should be the end of the Garou fight and
but given that most likely the season will end with what all the heroes are thinking while entering the Monster Association's base I don't think there's enough content for a full episode (including the
scene and the
scene). Well, they might decide to drag on the scenes so that the time extends

RayReynolds said:

I think you're someone who can enjoy something more traditional, but I keep my point simply is not a correct evolution of the concept because despite everything the very existence of Saitama completely ruins any kind of tension it is impossible to take anything seriously because of his omnipotence, it has become the same as he tried to parody which is not a sign of good writing but of a huge contradiction.

That's the whole point of the show. Saitama is the Deus Ex Machina. There is literally no one in the world stronger than him (I did see a fan-made picture of the rankings of all strong beings in OPM and there was only 1 character placed next to Saitama at the top and it was someone who isn't even introduced in the manga yet, so he/she definitely wouldn't appear in the next 2-3 seasons of the anime). Saitama limited his power against Boros due to going with the flow but he definitely could have one-punched him too
uzeeJun 19, 2019 1:21 PM

Jun 19, 2019 12:56 AM

Mar 2019
I'm not just gonna hate on J.C. staff so good episode
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 19, 2019 1:06 AM
Sep 2017
uzee said:
sdrexler said:
First half of the episode was more of the same tedium I had gotten used to. The second half was actually pretty engaging. Some good cuts in the big fight at the end and it got me fairly invested in Garou's arc, a character I had not cared about at all up until now. It's probably too little too late for OPM S2, but I was really happy to see this show get it together for once.

That's the whole point of the show. Saitama is the Deus Ex Machina. There is literally no one in the world stronger than him (I did see a fan-made picture of the rankings of all strong beings in OPM and there was only 1 character placed next to Saitama at the top and it was someone who isn't even introduced in the manga yet, so he/she definitely wouldn't appear in the next 2-3 seasons of the anime). Saitama limited his power against Boros due to going with the flow but he definitely could have one-punched him too

Not really sure what that has to do with my post.
Jun 19, 2019 1:31 AM
Nov 2017
The real question of this episode was : if Genos doesn't have a willy then why does he wear pants?
Jun 19, 2019 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
Strangely a good OPM2 episode. Garou somehow thinks King dealt him that kick. It seems that both Saitama and Garou are unaware of each other's existence yet they've had numerous encounters
Jun 19, 2019 2:34 AM

Aug 2016
Another evidence even Saitama can't defeat King.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2019 2:44 AM

Apr 2009
Is King going to get the credit for weakening Garou enough for capture?
Jun 19, 2019 2:45 AM
Jun 2017
Its garo vs heroes. Well lets see how this one will be.
Jun 19, 2019 3:10 AM

Sep 2016
Im starting to like Garou, Im actually rooting for him now lmao
Jun 19, 2019 3:29 AM

Apr 2018
Fingers crossed that Garo's next fight won't be a dissapointment
Jun 19, 2019 3:36 AM

Dec 2016
Season 1 was awful but that season is actualy twice worse than season 1, how awful can an anime be...
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.