Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »
Nov 17, 2017 6:23 PM

Sep 2010
It was really good second season. It's start might have been slow but that's story's fault... when we finally got to the great action in the second half, that was a treat. I watched the entire season (except first ep) in one go and yea, Titan's melee and my boy Erwin charging in.

Right I also completely forgot that this was where Hanes died so in this episode it was NOOOOO!

But overall truly, Shingeki is so much better in anime that I really would like to be anime only watcher but sadly the wait was too long. It's still great watch though and after I finally finished it I am surprised that second season didn't get even half of the attention that first season got.

I guess the two reasons for this was 1. the first episodes were too slow 2. no legendary opening this time.
Nov 17, 2017 11:14 PM

Oct 2013
eso18 said:
It was really good second season. It's start might have been slow but that's story's fault... when we finally got to the great action in the second half, that was a treat. I watched the entire season (except first ep) in one go and yea, Titan's melee and my boy Erwin charging in.

Right I also completely forgot that this was where Hanes died so in this episode it was NOOOOO!

But overall truly, Shingeki is so much better in anime that I really would like to be anime only watcher but sadly the wait was too long. It's still great watch though and after I finally finished it I am surprised that second season didn't get even half of the attention that first season got.

I guess the two reasons for this was 1. the first episodes were too slow 2. no legendary opening this time.

You forgot the most important point. The 4 years wait.
Nov 20, 2017 4:51 PM
Oct 2017
Can't wait until Season 3, the Uprising arc and Kenny Ackerman are both going to be amazing and this will definitely please all of the people who complained about Levi not getting enough screen time this season.
Dec 12, 2017 12:22 AM
Jul 2010
SushiAnime said:
Can't wait until Season 3, the Uprising arc and Kenny Ackerman are both going to be amazing and this will definitely please all of the people who complained about Levi not getting enough screen time this season.

Highlight is still the Basement Arc
Dec 15, 2017 1:30 AM
Apr 2017
I thought the character who saved the children in episode 1 died fairly early in the series (around S1 ep 5 or 6)? Kind of icy of Mikasa not to lend him a hand, but I'm glad we saw him face that titan again.

Onto the OVA's soon.
Dec 19, 2017 1:53 PM

Jul 2016
Nine minutes into the episode all you can here is
"NO NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HANNES!!!!!!!!!!!"
Dec 19, 2017 2:32 PM

May 2012
0217 said:
I thought the character who saved the children in episode 1 died fairly early in the series (around S1 ep 5 or 6)? Kind of icy of Mikasa not to lend him a hand, but I'm glad we saw him face that titan again.

The one who died was Thomas ine episode 5 if I remember correctly . He had blond hair that why you probably thought it is him

https://myanimelist.net/character/62483/Thomas_Wagner
Dec 21, 2017 3:35 AM
Apr 2017
thepath said:
0217 said:

The one who died was Thomas ine episode 5 if I remember correctly . He had blond hair that why you probably thought it is him

https://myanimelist.net/character/62483/Thomas_Wagner

Just rewatched this episode recently, this is correct
Dec 23, 2017 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
Hannes with the save.
Oh, Krista doesn't want to be called Krista anymore. Fine then.
Dat OST!
Look at Historia moving so elegantly in the air.
lol at Eren's hands.
Hannes!!! No!!!!!
Mikasa so pretty.
So they're having a moment while Hannes gets eaten in the background. Not sure how to feel about that.
Mother F'er! You made Mikasa shed tears.
Hold up! Was Mikasa about to kiss Eren then he just densely dodged it?
His hand is healed. Dat punch. They all felt it.
Wait...WTF! Dat Titan is attacking it.
Eren gained a new power?
The Titans are now attacking Reiner.
Ymir went back to help Reiner.
They're alive...and on the wall.
Erwin.
The Titans...are human?
Erwin's face.
Dat ending. The Beast Titan...with someone standing on it. Koyasu? AAAAAAAH!

And that was the end...for now. This season was good, but the 1st season was way better. Also a 4 year gap between seasons ruins momentum. With that said...I'll miss Mikasa and Historia. Also, I still miss Petra. *sheds tear*
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 7, 2018 9:46 PM

Sep 2011
Greatest finale ever!
Jan 11, 2018 3:37 AM

Dec 2017
in the final scene we get a glimpse of a man with glasses on the (ape like beasts) shoulder, this man kinda looks like Erens father.

could it possible that the man on the titans shoulder was Erens father? if so that would explain a lot

does anyone else think this theory is possible?
Jan 11, 2018 4:27 AM

May 2013
EagleEd said:
in the final scene we get a glimpse of a man with glasses on the (ape like beasts) shoulder, this man kinda looks like Erens father.

could it possible that the man on the titans shoulder was Erens father? if so that would explain a lot

does anyone else think this theory is possible?

Exactly my thoughts man. I think that the Beast titan also has some relevance towards Eren. Could be his brother that Eren never knew. Something like that anyway lol.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Jan 21, 2018 8:16 AM

Mar 2013
Finally they figured out that the titans are actually humans, but I really hope for more explanation in the next season.
Eren wasn't done regenerating so he couldn't change and now Hannes is dead and Reiner still alive. I was hoping we would be rid of Reiner at the end.
Jan 28, 2018 9:40 AM

Jan 2017
so good so good..but what that silhoutte mean by "not yet,eh?!" :/ was he waiting for something with that beast titan.!!! :/goddamn fuck shit..cant wait for 3rd season!
Feb 2, 2018 10:31 AM

Dec 2015
That ending was really thrilling. Can't wait for season 3.
Feb 11, 2018 8:14 PM

Apr 2014
This season introduced many new questions to the backlog, but didn't provide much in the way of answers. It was very mystery-oriented, but ultimately feels like a glorified setup arc prolonged with great action scenes with the degree to which we were expected to just roll along with what was happening. The atmosphere, intensity, and captivating aspects didn't match the first season's, but were still very well done. The next season should definitely be interesting and hopefully bring resolution to at least some of the burning mysteries that have been thrown at us since the beginning.

Overall Rating: 8/10
Mar 15, 2018 1:21 PM

Mar 2016
This season is done masterfully! The animation is fast and engaging, along with detailed and vivid visuals and the perfect synchronization of the sound effects and the BG music. Truly an outstanding second season with many revelations that only makes me more curious than ever!

Eren's power must've been the 'coordination] power that Reiner and Bertholdt were talking about. The power to control the Titans is definitely a plot-thickening subject. The beast titan was unsurprisingly controlled by a human...

Attack on Titan deserves a third season! ( I might start reading the manga)
ShadowkillZMar 15, 2018 1:31 PM
Apr 5, 2018 3:17 PM

Dec 2013
The season was great. But the episode was kinda weak for a final episode.
And it still left so many questions.
Apr 18, 2018 8:16 AM

Mar 2011
I'm glad I waited until now before I started watching & just finished this season.

Seriously looking forward to season 3.

Oh, and that moment with Eren and Mikasa, beautifully done.

Found an interesting post with that scene on YouTube, which I totally agree with.

The reason why Mikasa decided to confess during that obviously very dangerous and grim moment is she thought that they were finally going to die, (seriously, like for real this time, no escape, no 3dm gear, no titan power to help them out of that fucked situation, if you don't count the coordinate power which eren didn't know he actually had that time) and she will never have the chance to do it. She wanted to comfort eren, convince him that he was actually not useless (like some people say). Eren NEVER was useless for me too. Then she leans for her first and supposedly LAST kiss for Eren, and Eren actually understood what Mikasa meant and what she was trying to do with that kiss, "she was giving up on life" with that kiss. This made Eren remember what her mother was telling her about also being always there for Mikasa, so if he accepts Mikasa's kiss then it would just mean that he was accepting their current situation, their fate, their inevitable death, and this would break his promise to his mom, contradicting what he always told Mikasa to never back down and fight. So he stood up, the kiss can always wait later, and this time he always be there for Mikasa.
Apr 22, 2018 1:35 AM

Sep 2011
God damn that was so good. I watched these two seasons again in preparation for season 3 in the english dub and i felt even more satisfied than when i first watched it in sub form. Made me go from a 8/10 to a 9/10

The dub voice actors just nail it, especially that scene with Eren and Mikasa having their romantic moment at the end. God that almost made me tear up especially when you understand why Mikasa confessed there. Props to the funi cast. The last few episodes were phenomenal.

Also can i just say that the ost to this anime is fucking 10/10? probably the best anime ost i've heard.
Apr 25, 2018 10:14 PM

Jun 2012
I thought SnK was overrated with S1, but this really caught my attention. S1 was 4 years ago so I don't recall too well, but I feel that story has gotten much deeper with so many "secrets."

That passion in Eren and Mikasa is really amazing to watch.

Really looking forward to that Season 3!

May 21, 2018 1:32 AM

Mar 2018
Couldn't fucking wait for the 3rd season, so I watched the first two seasons again.
May 22, 2018 4:11 PM

Dec 2015
It is definitely a masterpiece. But not as good as Season 1 was. Season 1 is an show to be remember even after decades. Probably the most close thing to perfection we ever had in anime. This season however, we will probably forget in 5 years at best. But still, it deserves a 9.5/10, but mostly because of stuff that we already now and love about the first season, like the really great direction, amazing soundtrack and superb animation
Nov 21, 2018 1:43 PM

Aug 2014
I think season 1 was a little better, but only maybe because it was longer? this is all the same and I am not hyped for this anime. This would be better if made weekly shounen like Naruto.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 21, 2019 5:14 AM

Aug 2018
Me when Eren turned away from Mikasa while she was coming closer to him for a kiss
[NSFM]

But, yeah, that was not a very great place for anyone to have his/her first kiss and considering the number of people who've died, it's not a wise idea to ship anyone. XD
Mar 21, 2019 5:45 PM

Sep 2018
AGAIN!!!! Survey cops died again because of Eren!!! grrrr I feel frustrated. I thought Erwin will be killed too.

And also they chase each other, I don't know why, but they waste a lot of soldiers for Eren. I like to see that they successfully go to Reiner's hometown, all the secrets of Titan can be revealed if they just let Eren to them.

And also, even if they hint Eren x Mikasa ship, I can't ship them. Eren doesn't seems care to Mikasa, Mikasa always chasing Eren, Eren doesn't care, he just help him when they were kids, after that. Nothing! Mikasa x Jean is more suitable.
Apr 30, 2019 10:34 AM

Apr 2017
That was EPIC!
I'm glad that i finally decide to watched this anime <3
May 19, 2019 4:10 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kinda forgotten Hannes was going to die, since I read this arc so long ago.
They could have done his death a bit more dramatic though, aside that, another adaptation that kinda improves the source material, but that seeing this is as better as the first time you experience it.

(Historia is really darn cute, even turned Ymir in a lesbo lol)
Jun 8, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2014
I still dont really understand why Ymir changed teams 2 times here.

Overall the season was better than I remembered, they probably fixed quite a lot of shots for the BD
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 10, 2019 3:57 PM

Aug 2013
aaah, shounen cheesiness. I sure didn't miss that. I still hate that constant flashback development that doesn't really add anything to the story.

This season was ok, worth rushing after years away from the anime. The "big reveal" scene was incredible and the highlight of the show, but nothing of note beyond that. Some episodes were almost entirely skippable. Now it's on to see if the hype of late is justifiable.
Jun 12, 2019 1:06 AM

Feb 2018
Satyr_icon said:
aaah, shounen cheesiness. I sure didn't miss that. I still hate that constant flashback development that doesn't really add anything to the story.

The whole ymir flashbacks or the conversation at the tree top connects to the story afterwards.
Jun 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
ThatShiny_Hex said:
The whole ymir flashbacks or the conversation at the tree top connects to the story afterwards.

eh, it's still blatant exposition, which doesn't help since they literally converge that with dialogue exposition to add insult to injury. That leaves nothing for the audience to figure out, like the whole Reiner confusion, which was an interesting touch until the show felt the need to openly explain that to me. Not really a fan of that.

Anyway, I was referring more to the Sasha episode with that part. It felt like a filler to slog through.
Jun 12, 2019 10:36 AM

Feb 2018
Satyr_icon said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

eh, it's still blatant exposition, which doesn't help since they literally converge that with dialogue exposition to add insult to injury. That leaves nothing for the audience to figure out, like the whole Reiner confusion, which was an interesting touch until the show felt the need to openly explain that to me. Not really a fan of that.

Anyway, I was referring more to the Sasha episode with that part. It felt like a filler to slog through.

Not a major spoiler but
Lmao even the girl that sasha saved becomes a major character and a plot point concerning her relationship with sasha during the events of what will be in season 4.
Jun 13, 2019 11:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Stunning episode! Shingeki no Kyojin just has the perfect cliffhangers and this certainly is one of the top intense ones! Definitely enjoyed this a tad more during this rewatch over the initial whilst it was airing!

Mikasa’s near confession was very touching to see, mad props to Ishikawa Yui-sama for this! Eren’s “I’ll wrap this around you as many times as you want” is one of the most manliest replies I’ve seen in a long while too, and the combination of the two is just .. superb! And then Eren managing to unlock his Coordination ability just in the nick of the moment, Armin/Jean and countless others wouldn’t have survived even a couple more minutes jeez, was just the perfect pay-off! Great stuff! Ymir’s pat to Historia was very painful to see but it was both nice and stupid of her to let go of her life for the sake of the other two. But well, she understand them most apparently. Dat aside, Erwin’s wicked laugh there is a little too reminiscent of a certain someone who did the exact same this episode but yeah he’s totally right, it’s at least a step forward. And then that music kicking in followed by the quick ride to the Beast Titan was amazing! A huge mention to the Soundtracks this Season too and the Directing, they’ve been breathtaking! Including Ymir’s flashbacks for this season not only thickens the mystery but just blends in with the story so fabulously, it certainly made for a delight to witness! I’ve said this in the Episode 25 Discussion of the first season but it’s always a pleasure seeing the anime adaptions pull of something inventive and blow it out of the park!

Easily another solid 9.25/10! Had this season been longer, I would’ve felt more inclined to bump it up to a 9.4 (=> 10) but well it is what it is. Besides, the focus of the show changes so there’s that too. Time for the Recap Movies and Season 3!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 21, 2019 6:45 AM
Jan 2018
FYI eren controlling titans isnt an ass pull
Jun 21, 2019 6:48 AM
Jan 2018
Comander-07 said:
I still dont really understand why Ymir changed teams 2 times here.

Overall the season was better than I remembered, they probably fixed quite a lot of shots for the BD

simple because of Christa
Jul 10, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2016
Mikasa and Eren have such amazing chemistry, I was hoping so desperately for a kiss, but no of course not xD Overall this season has been a good one, we've learnt new things about the Titans, I think a good 9/10 for me. Episode 6 was one of the greatest episodes of anime I've ever seen.
Aug 19, 2019 2:47 AM
Aug 2019
wow this episode was so amazing...first time we get to see Eren's true power
Nov 14, 2019 3:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ending was so awesome, 9/10 it was really great.
Nov 29, 2019 1:29 AM

Jan 2016
What a great series! Definitely a 10! I liked it a bit more than S1 but only 12 episodes
T_T

Still cannot get over Berthold beeing the Colossal Titan and mass murderer XoX

And I still do not know what it is about that half- incest thing between Eren and Mikasa...for me it is a brother/sister love but sometimes not sure from Mikasa's side...anyhow I do not ship them

Anyone else thinks that Eren's dad is the Ape Titan?

Dec 1, 2019 1:47 AM

Jul 2019
Another 8.5/10 from me. Better than season one but it still has the same problems, thank god its only 12 episodes because it was yet again draggy at times. Great ending though, this show never really leave us without questions.
Jan 4, 2020 8:10 PM

Aug 2018
Fucking fuck

SOME mystery in s1 were answer in this season but they added a lot of mysteries that makes this series even more confusing but i still like it. That Mikasa moment was to fucking precious Eren is so lucky for having a girl that gonna always be on your side no matter what happens. As it hurts so much i love Mikasa but i want her to be with Eren at the end so she will be happy and always at his side.

Overall i enjoyed this series but not as much compare to last season.Pacing was kinda slow but gives to know more from each valuable characters in this series. I gave this 9/10 but i will be bias so imma give still give this 10/10 for sick OP and this is still better than most series out there.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 29, 2020 4:49 AM

Jun 2009
lol dumbfuck eren titan mode is on CD L2P
Mar 20, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2017
The close up of Beast Titan with the bgm was pure fire..They know how to draw people in....

Goodbye Hannes.Pretty sad he had to go but it is what it is.Well how could he resist the hundred of Newtons in the Titan bitch slap without moving an inch i wonder???.
So Eren can provide coordinate for the titans to attack now or directly control the titans ? Interesting.Why couldnt he transform though ? It was already twilight..

Ymir has moved up to my top 5...Eren being the way he is now he may provide protection even inside the walls to Historia..Is that your conclusion ? Even the objective being met she could empathize with the two probably bcz they are in the similiar shit as she was.10/10.

The exposition of the titans inside Rose being villagers werent surprising...That oblivious Erwin smirk..Maybe he speculated the connection and the proof of it adds onto his theory..!
Looking forward to S3.
bakakisimaMar 20, 2020 2:29 PM
Mar 22, 2020 7:25 PM

Mar 2019
This was a sad but heartwarming episode. I'm going to expect alot from Season 3 and the world building of this whole show. Also, I cant wait wait to learn more about the person controlling the Beast Titan!
Jun 3, 2020 4:21 AM

Oct 2019
So that brings to an end a awesome season full of foreshadowing..I did like the 1st one better but damn this season has set this series up for something might great for the future..

Sad to see Hannes go though..

We finally found what the coordinate term meant the whole time..no wonder they were so adamant in kidnapping Eren..

8/10

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 8, 2020 10:42 PM

Jul 2016
COMON THEY WERE SO CLOSE TO KISSING! FUCKKKK

And they killed that smile bitch! FINALLY!
AND COMMANDER ERWIN IS SUCH BADASS!!!
Aug 1, 2020 4:29 AM

Mar 2019
So this was season 2. I HATE THAT HANNES DIED... I loved him so much :( . This and Mikasa are 2 reasons why I fucking hate AoT. STOP killing people left and right... Is that so hard, like Idgaf if Hannes came back without arms and legs, cause at least he would be alive. At least Erwin came back but wtf was that smileee. And I don't believe that every human is a titan. There must be some shit that gives them the ability to transform like they did with ymir? Also, I hate it but I'm happy that Reiner is alive. But yea, "Mikasa's moment" really killed of the hype I had for that episode. Stop being dumb please. I'm getting annoyed by her and I loved her last season. I'll give this 8/10. If only they didn't kill half of the characters cause why not.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 2, 2020 7:04 PM
May 2020
Another awesome episode! I'm glad I decided to rewatch it all... I don't remember shit about s3 so that's good, but I wanna say that I hope this fucking Eren guy gives Mikasa the love she needs ,ffs. But I think that it will not be like that.

Hannes saved them and all but I can't stop thinking that he couldn't kill one stupid fucking titan... he was a good guy tho. I feel really bad for Eren, my man's so fucking traumatized already and now his uncle dies lol. Poor guy.

Also the moment with Ymir and the other guys was very sad.
Aug 24, 2020 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
*clears throat* ahem..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOLLLLLYYY SHEEEEETTTTT, this is too much hype AHHHHHHhhhh

Eren now can control Titans, dude has become God holy shit

Hannes just went out like that like bruh

The truth is being unfolded, Titans were humans all along, Levi and Erwin couldn't believe it, Erwin looks like he almost went crazy with that happy smile on his face

Beast Titan's face reveal, DAMN.

Fuck. So hyped.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.