Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 13, 2019 9:19 PM
Dec 2017
Movie felt so rush. I felt like this needed a trilogy or something. An 1hr and 40-ish minutes movie is just not enough.

Part 1 could've shown the world recovered literally after the Zero Requiem been and how C.C. retrieved Lelouch's body + more scenes of them traveling and C.C. trying to unlock Lelouch's memories by giving us scenes with more in-depth explanation about the Code and the Geass.

Part 2 could've been this majority of this movie (from when Kallen and C.C. encountered each other in that inn until they meetup with Cornelia) just add a little bit more screen-time for some other characters? Like other Black Knights member? Schneizel? Even Kaguya and Shirley seemed so irrelevant in this movie. They deserved more roles in this movie.

Part 3 should've been a little bit longer preparation time and battle > Nunnally rescued > Some epilogue with/without a hint on what's to come next which I assume it'll be about L.L. and C.C.'s travels to search for those "Geass Fragments".
May 14, 2019 6:45 AM
Jan 2018
They should have taken a que from the disapperance of haruhi suzumiya. Bait us into thinking leleuch is never going to be himself again. Also the ending is wrong. CC's wish is to die, right? Then she didn't get her wish. Or do they plan to be the cross dressing geass police for all of eternity? Plus the scene everyone wanted to see is the big reveal that Leleuch is alive. But there was no moment like that. Kallen immediately got used to the idea, Suzaku had 3 seconds of anger, and everyone else seemed to know or suspect it. Why was the story so weak? Code Geass is an epic tale, but this is just one nation resisting Leleuch's peace. Could have gone in so many different ways. Huge disappointment.
May 14, 2019 8:18 AM
Jan 2018
Madonis said:
lazypigz said:

First of all, Ufotable does not own FGO that's hilarious. Second of all, if you've listened to what the soundtrack was like in FSN HF in all its glory in the theater, then you would know how to differentiate between a good soundtrack and a mediocre one.

Also does Ufotable really have less projects than Sunrise? All Sunrise is really doing right now, from off the top of my head, is Hathaway's Flash, Iron Blooded Orphans OVA... and yea that's pretty much it I guess save for some idol stuff I don't care about. Ufotable have Kimetsu no Yaiba and the last HF movie, one that they're probably dedicating all their time and effort into to make it an experience that will be worth the price I pay to watch it at the theater and more. Sunrise isn't doing much atm either, so I expected higher than average quality animation which I sadly did not get.

I consider peak Sunrise to be Gundam Unicorn OVA in terms of animation. Unicorn's soundtrack is god-tier too. This is nowhere near that. Which is bad because this is a movie, and I expect movie-quality among the likes of Ufotable's works.

Yes I get that maybe this movie was not meant for me, as I'm more of a Gundam fan than a CG fan. I get that this is for the people who wanted more, but for those of us that wanted to see what they could've built off of R2's amazing finale, this is very disappointing.

EDIT: Oh oops. I guess this was a sequel to recap films, not the main TV series. But whatever, it still wasn't that great they could've done so much more had it been a full 12-24 ep TV series.

I was talking about the overall state of the property, not saying it is under the same single company. There is still much shared synergy either way.

I meant that having a higher profile and a larger portfolio of successful as well as wildly popular products under the FSN brand makes it more reasonable to give each project higher budgets, no? We have seen this grow. FSN has been woken up for several years as a popular brand due to various projects and now it is truly huge. It wasn't this big back in the era of the original VN or the first anime adaptaiton. Geass is like barely trying to expand its reach and open its arms, with only two seasons, one OVA and one movie. There are manga, but those are like secondary tie-ins or spin-offs and not central works. Fate has an almost uncountable number of parts and pieces at this point in time.

I think the full list of Sunrise products is longer, if you include works that came out earlier this year or late 2018 plus what they haven't necessarily announced but will be premiering either this year or the next. Oh and I have to add one thing...Gundam Unicorn was a deluxe project for their flagship Universal Century property. Other Gundam shows don't look that good. Even the recent NT movie doesn't look as pretty as Unicorn did, so something is clearly happening over there. Hathaway's Flash will probably be a big project with a lot of staff and the best animators being mainly dedicated to it.

I'll only consider this movie to be a disappointment if I don't find that this base is used effectively in the next years. They are saying with this movie that more Code Geass is possible after all, so they have to prove that this movie wasn't just a one-off now. Gundam has had better and worse works over the years, but it's all helped to open the door to new and different attempts to try out ideas. If the end of Code Geass was only this film, then I would feel like you do. People have said it is disappointing that this wasn't a TV season, because stuff had to be simplified, but since the movie is doing well that could mean we may get a season at one point or another.

They did say they are planning 10 years worth of content for the series
May 17, 2019 4:30 AM
Jan 2013
I really can't decide how I feel about this movie. Just got back from seeing it.

I didn't DISLIKE it, but I didn't really love much of it either. I love the characters and what was happening wasn't offensive in any way to me, but it just didn't make me feel much excitement or emotion apart from a handful of moments. Also wasn't really a fan of the knightmare designs and action. Through some parts of the Zilkhistan plotline I was just kinda waiting for it to end so I could see what would happen in the final scenes in regard to where would Lelouch go, etc. That said, I love Lelouch renaming himself L.L and that he and C.C are sticking together now. Would've been nicer if the epilogue content had been a bit more though. In fact the whole thing might've been better as a TV season rather than movie.

I'm so conflicted. I feel like I need to rewatch it to judge further, but at the same time I don't really feel like sitting through it in it's entirety again right away. Anyway ending definitely leaves it open enough that they can keep making more stuff to push the franchise further if they decide this was worth the $$$. One person in the row behind me, upon the credits rolling, immediately said to his friend "it was better when he was dead" and part of me still agrees, even though I don't hate this and am still interested in seeing where it goes next (but also a little nervous). Just lots of mixed feelings right now lol.
May 17, 2019 4:35 AM

Jan 2009
@Sev_54

"sequel usually sucks" stereotype confirmed yet again? lol
May 17, 2019 3:37 PM
Dec 2008
I think the movie wasn't trying to create a better ending replacement, but to open things up in an alternate way. From that point of view, then only the future projects will be able to help us confirm or deny if it really was better to do this or if they shouldn't have.
May 17, 2019 3:42 PM

Jan 2009
Madonis said:
I think the movie wasn't trying to create a better ending replacement, but to open things up in an alternate way. From that point of view, then only the future projects will be able to help us confirm or deny if it really was better to do this or if they shouldn't have.

they are milking the cash cow

10 Year Plan for Code Geass Revealed
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1779086
May 17, 2019 7:34 PM

Aug 2013
The only problem with the movie I had was a lack of SoL interactions between Lelouch and some of the cast

Ohgi got his say Suzaku got a lot of say and C.C. got the most but Kallen didnt even have a proper conversation with him and all we got from Shirley was that picture of her being overjoyed in the credits

Time constraints i guess meh
May 19, 2019 6:23 AM
Mar 2012
WTH Shirley alive?
While nice to have a million character cameos, either I'm really tired, or the pacing was breakneck rushing a 1+ season war conflict into this movie, & the weird subs were hard to see & jumped up or off center occasionally. I want to rewatch for all the early part infodump on countries/factions.
Great to see the original characters again. Lloyd & Orange are still so much fun. Somehow always liked the weird Ohgi Villetta ship, nice video with all the wedding fun.
So plot's alright, fast & vague on many points. Shamna & Charlio's country want to use Nunnally to turn back time before 0-requiem, so their mercenary based life can thrive with wars it seems. Wasn't clear what make Nunnally special to enter C's World. Somehow i completely forgot the C's World from the original.
Lots of mixed feelings on broken Lelouch, but headpatting Kallen was too cute. They did ease into showing more of him. Great moment when classic pompous Zero returned, with callbacks to s1 start when CC granted him geass used to kill the soldiers in that manner & the Narita incident.
CC gets lots of outfits, and that wonderful LL end, apparently they know who's best grill. Post credits, is that a black wedding dress? Collecting geass fragments (or just them two camping) sound fine for future sequels.
Other vague details: CC very briefly said how she revived a botched Lelouch from C's world. It sounds like by the rushed temple blockage to prevent gas attack, he deduced Shamna's time travel limit is ~6 hours. But him deducing her geass ability was too rushed as well. Also her geass eventually changed from clairvoyance to consciousness/time travel, but it's unclear if this change is significant to any plot.
May 29, 2019 9:09 AM

Feb 2019
Just watched it earlier at the cinemas and I've been waiting for so long for this movie because I missed Lelouch and other characters so much. :)) It was okay but it was rushed? Especially Shirley though. She was treated as a useless character tbh.

The "L.L." part, a lot laughed about it and the after credits scene was like wtf?? I was hoping for more but wth. :(( It was really rushed for me, I like the animation and the characters but their interaction was idk, unsatisfying. Season 1 and Season 2 was still the best, this could've been better if it was longer and not rushed too. Idk, I suck at explaining. Good to see Lelouch and C.C. together that's the only thing I liked.

C.C. taking care of her //baby// Lelouch without a soul was so cute aajsjdja

6-7/10 :(
owkey
May 29, 2019 4:03 PM

Sep 2010
Shamna's geass was pretty much Bites the Dust they just made a JJBA reference.

Other than Shamna,the tender moments between the four main characters, and the battles this movie was just okayish.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 2, 2019 7:25 AM
Mar 2017
I have no strong feeling one way or the other.
Jun 16, 2019 6:13 PM
Aug 2011
Honestly, i felt like the movie was really rushed. You can just see it in the way that it feels like they fast forwarded all of the parts where there's heavy dialogue. If they just slowed everything down and expanded on everything a bit more it could've been a good movie. Not enough setup/screentime for the villains and their backstory, not enough of knightmares fighting knightmares, and not enough scenes/interactions between the characters and a newly revived Lelouch. A lot of good ideas, but not enough time/execution to really make it great.
Look at my awesome sig :)
How do you make a sig?
Jun 21, 2019 6:35 AM
May 2018
Just watched the cam rip. I didn't get the full quality in visuals and music, but it already felt very nice on this side.

As an anime movie, it was great. As a Code Geass sequel, it was worth it in terms of visuals, dialogues and stakes. About the story itself however, I can't sort out my feelings.

- The story is definitely rushed. The stakes are interesting, and the movie tells a lot for less than 2 hours, but it definitely goes too fast on important points of the plot. Also, many scene transitions felt ridiculous. The movie is definitely rushed... and because of that, most of what happens lacks impact. It just happens and doesn't hit you real hard, you know what I mean?

- That said, the movie itself tells a decent story. The battles are full of clever strategies, with bluffs, anticipations, and twists. Everything you would expect from Code Geass.
The links to the original story... some make sense, some don't. For example, I really don't like the characters' reactions to the events of the story. It's like they really don't care.

Finally, I really like the way they handled Lelouch's fate. They basically proved everyone wrong xD! They gave an unpredicted version of the aftermath of Zero Requiem, and took the opportunity to give a bit more explanation about how the Code works.

Now, a word about the end of the series: honestly, I'm really getting sick of this debate. NO ONE, from ANY SIDE, sticks to FACTS and everyone automatically resorts to disrespecting the others' opinions without questioning their own judgement.
As a result, everyone keeps using hoaxes and bad translations, and when they do use actual facts, they make wide interpretations of it.
That's true for both sides.
Stop the bullcrap and learn basic logic before insulting each other.

Lelouch is neither alive nor dead in the end of R2, as both possibilites are MEANT to be possible, that was stated years ago in the official DVD commentaries and that was stated yet again recently (at Sakura-con, I believe?).

Sorry for my grunt, I'm done now xD! About the movie, it's good as an anime movie, it's worthy of Code Geass on everything except the story, which is really debatable on many points.
Overall I didn't feel it was worth the 11 years of waiting.
Dante012Jun 21, 2019 6:38 AM
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Jul 15, 2019 6:15 PM

Feb 2010
this honestly is how i think they should have ended the series off in the first place.

also are people really still in denial about Leluach inheriting the code from his dad?

even though the movie out right says it?

while i did enjoy the movie i feel that this would have benefited more as a full 24 episode season rather then a 1 and a half hour movie.

deg said:
Madonis said:

they've been milking it way before this movie look up nightmare of nunnally which is a spin off series with basically nothing to do with the actual story of code geass.
GrimAtramentJul 15, 2019 6:21 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 19, 2019 11:44 AM
Aug 2018
hazarddex said:

also are people really still in denial about Leluach inheriting the code from his dad?

You are very out of date, my friend.
Nobody believes that old debunked hoax anymore, code theory was proven beyond doubt to be false.
The show staff officially confirmed that Lelouch is totally dead, no code or immortality
The anime makes it impossible for Lelouch to have a code because that would have violated the established rules.
The show staff have explicitly denied code points of code theory.
The community has shown that the anime itself contradicts all the so-called "clues" for code theory. All of those clues were just deliberate misrepresentations of what actually happened.
It was shown that code theory originated as a [url= https://www.reddit.com/r/CodeGeass/comments/9ne36k/how_the_code_geass_anime_itself_doesnt_support/]4chan joke[/url], i.e. it was just a hoax which got out of control.
All of the information from the show staff (interviews, live commentaries, official guide book, remade epilogue, ...), WITH sources and links and all of the work from the community can be found in the Code Geass Community Information Database.
A MUST read for every fan.

Some examples:

The new epilogue from 2009: C.C. explicitly explain to the audience that Lelouch is truly dead and that she mourns his death

The anniversary tweets about how they made the anime:
- "Before I started writing the story of a person called Lelouch, I confirmed with Taniguchi-director something. That thing was that THE END OF LELOUCH WILL BE DEATH."
- "At least he is aware of his sins and pays for them with HIS DEATH."
- "This man called Lelouch will pay for his sins by HIS DEATH. The story follows him till he finally make this decision."
- "Probably this Lelouch we see in the first episode of the series wouldn't CHOOSE DEATH. He would try something to avoid it. He couldn't DIE, for Nunnally as well. But we see him changed in the last episode."

hazarddex said:

even though the movie out right says it?

You didn't pay attention, the movie explicitly says code theory is wrong!
1) C.C. literally dismisses the possibility of Lelouch having a code.
2) C.C. explains that Lelouch was not immortal by pointing out that he stayed dead after the Zero requiem and that Shirley (who is still alive in the alternate universe) had to smuggle his corpse to her.
3) C.C. explains that it was SHE who resurrected Lelouch by reconstructing his corpse. When Kallen asks what that means she says it's replacing damaged body parts.
4) C.C. admits to Kallen that she resurrected Lelouch from the dead against his wishes.
5) C.C. tells Suzaku it was her responsibility that Lelouch was resurrected.
6) Lelouch tells C.C. that she never had permission to undo his death.

The movie even shows us that this new power Lelouch has, which has a mark, is not a code at all by showing us it has completely different properties.
1) The mark is not where Charles touched him, Charles grabbed his neck while the mark is on his chest. (not that this matters, but that was one of those code theory fantasies)
2) the mark travels around on his body, which codes NEVER do
3) Lelouch says he doubts he is immortal, if he had had the code he would have known with certainty that he was immortal.
4) Lelouch tells Suzaku he could drop dead any day
5) Shamna who has the same new power/mark as Lelouch got geassed by Lelouch which is IMPOSSIBLE oif you have a code!
6) Lelouch gives his battle plans to C.C. because she IS immune to geass because she DOES have a code
7) Shamna's mark never made her lose her geass as the rules of code strictly dictate.
8) Lelouch never lost his geass either.

So yeah, the movie is extremely explicit that Lelouch does not have a code.
Don't let that 4chan hoax cloud your eyes.
Listen to what the community and the show writers and the anime itself have to say!

LelouchviBritMERJul 19, 2019 11:49 AM
Jul 30, 2019 11:42 AM
Aug 2018
A_Stapler said:

I'm also out of date, though I never looked into Code Theory, I knew the general idea and just assumed it was supported. The information you linked has been very helpful, thank you!

You're welcome!
Feel free to share that information with anyone who might be interested.
Information is made to be shared. :)

A_Stapler said:

I was just wondering if you could explain the post-credit scene, how did he get a code?

In "Lelouch of the Resurrection"?
He didn't get a code. His new power, with a mark, was not a code and it didn't "evolve" into one during the end credits either.
That's just one more misrepresentation some code theorists were trying to push. They claimed that, in that scene, Lelouch was giving geass to new people, thus he must have a code.
But when you look at that scene when it's a bit more zoomed out (screenshot) you see there's nobody there but Lelouch and C.C.
So what does that mean? We don't know. Possibly even nothing (yet). Perhaps setup for future movies, perhaps not. Some have speculated that in future movies he will help C.C. remove geass from unworthy users. We'll have to wait and see.
What we DO know is that he wasn't giving anyone a geass because there's literally nobody there. (except for some corpses just outside that screenshot), so this isn't "proof" that he has a code at all.
Aug 2, 2019 11:54 AM
Dec 2008
Taking some key words directly from the movie itself:

C.C.: It's possible that Lelouch once inherited a Code from Charles.

Kallen: The one that gives him immortality?

C.C.: Yes. But Lelouch used his Geass afterwards as well.

C.C.: What happened without the Code issue being resolved was the Zero Requiem.

This means that one cannot deny Chuck's Code was involved, even if it happened in a strange way, since Lelouch could use Geass afterwards too.

The Code issue "not being resolved" isn't the same as saying Lelouch lacks a Code. It suggests something was incomplete or wrong when he got it.

When C.C. talks about reconstructing the body, she is discussing how immortals like her can regenerate.

C.C: The reason I can't die is because I replace any defective body parts with those constructed in C's World

C.C.: The problem is, Lelouch killed God in C's World. Because of that, I can no longer freely enter C's World.

So they had to use the leftover parts in order to reconstruct Lelouch, but it's the same principle as that which applies to her own regeneration.

As for the end credits scene, nobody knows anything about it right now. No one can make any definitive claims surrounding that sequence today.

Not LelouchviBritMER, not myself or anyone else. We need more information. But if I were a betting man, I'd say he does have a Code. Lelouch is also expressing a variation of the same speech C.C. gave to him at the start of the story, back in episode one, so they are trying to parallel that situation.
MadonisAug 2, 2019 12:06 PM
Aug 15, 2019 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
Chaotic_beauty said:
It was a great movie.

Code theory is still valid, even for the original series.They finished the series open ended.

They said he's dead? Yes. They said it, even on twitter. CC confirmed that she had to revive his body? Sure. So theory is remixed by Sunrise and original theory from 4chan is not valid, simple.

And he doesn't even know is he immortal or not. So yes, this original theory from 2008 isn't valid at all.
Aug 17, 2019 5:30 AM
Aug 2018
Madonis said:
Taking some key words directly from the movie itself:

C.C.: It's possible that Lelouch once inherited a Code from Charles.

Kallen: The one that gives him immortality?

C.C.: Yes. But Lelouch used his Geass afterwards as well.

C.C.: What happened without the Code issue being resolved was the Zero Requiem.

This means that one cannot deny Chuck's Code was involved, even if it happened in a strange way, since Lelouch could use Geass afterwards too.

The Code issue "not being resolved" isn't the same as saying Lelouch lacks a Code. It suggests something was incomplete or wrong when he got it.

When C.C. talks about reconstructing the body, she is discussing how immortals like her can regenerate.

C.C: The reason I can't die is because I replace any defective body parts with those constructed in C's World

C.C.: The problem is, Lelouch killed God in C's World. Because of that, I can no longer freely enter C's World.

So they had to use the leftover parts in order to reconstruct Lelouch, but it's the same principle as that which applies to her own regeneration.

As for the end credits scene, nobody knows anything about it right now. No one can make any definitive claims surrounding that sequence today.

Not LelouchviBritMER, not myself or anyone else. We need more information. But if I were a betting man, I'd say he does have a Code. Lelouch is also expressing a variation of the same speech C.C. gave to him at the start of the story, back in episode one, so they are trying to parallel that situation.

I do agree we don't know everything, but we do know more than you'd think.
Lelouch does not have a code in the movie, not in the way that codes were explanined before this movie.
This is made clear by the movie itself which show us that whatever power Lelouch now has, it functions very differetly than what we called codes.
The mark travels across his body.
He doesn't lose his geass.
Shamna didn' lose her geass.
Shamna gets geassed.
Lelouch gives his battle plans to C.C. because she is immune to geass because she has the code.
Lelouch doubts his immortality.
Even C.C. says "BUT he used geass" to contradict the theoretical possibility of Lelouch having a code.
Yes, she added " the code stuff is unclear", but that doesn't imply Lelouch has a code, as listed above the movie shows us that.
Furthermore, the very fact that Shamna has the exact same power as Lelouch tells us it's not the interaction between Lelouch and Charles which caused him to have this power, otherwise Shamna couldn't have had it too.
So what does C.C. mean? Well, that's where i agree that we don't know. maybe God erasing charles means that in the mvoie his code is flying around in limbo and all geass users now have that new power. Maybe killing other geass users will empower this new power, Highlander style, and the last one standing receives a trye code. Who knows?
We don't know eveyrthing, but it's important to not all into theb trap of then concluding we know nothing. We do know that whatever Lelouch has, it's not what we called a code before this movie, and thus we shouldn't call it that now.
As for C.C.'s explanation, she used herself as an example of what reconstruction means, but she was unmistakenly talking about lelouch, since she said she reconstructed his corpse. This, too, proves he doesn't have a code, since he couldn't reconstruct himself, it was an external code user who needed to do that.

Aug 17, 2019 5:45 AM
Aug 2018
Chaotic_beauty said:
They outright say that he took Charle's code. That's it. There's nothing more to discuss.

And you are lying.
how typical of a code conspiracy theorist to remove all context and meaning of what was said.
The movie explicitly denies Lelouch has a code!
C.C. wondered about the possibility of Lelouch having a code and then immediately dismisses that possibility by saying "BUT Lelouch still used his geass afterwards".
The word "But" denotes a cobntradiction with what was said before, i.e. the possibility of him having a code. This is logical since the anime AND the movies made it impossible for anyone to have a code and a geass at the same time. The anime doesn't include a single screenshot or linje of dialogue hwich supports the false idea of people having both. Don't try to deny without posting a screenshot! (yes, EVEN this movie, if you paid attention you'd know, but I'll explain below).
C.C. then continues saying that it was Shirley who smuggled Lelouch's corpse to her. If Lelouch had had a code that woudn't have been needed.
And then C.C. explains that it was her who resurrected Lelouch from the dead by reconstructing his corpse. When Kallen asks what that means she explains it's replacing damaged body parts.
So, in summary, C.C. explained that Lelouch could not have had a code and that he never revived as a code bearer would have. Thus, no code!

But it doesn't end there!
The movie clearly explains to us that even in this movie Lelouch STILL doesn't have a code!
Yes he has a mark, but the movie did a lot of effort to explain to us that this sin't a code mark:
- the mark travels around on his body, code marks don't do that.
- Shamna who has the same new power with a mark still has her geass, which is impossible for people who have the code.
- Lelouch also still has his geass
- Lelouch doubts this new power gives him immortality, something which wouldn't happen if he had had a code
- Shamna DOES die. yes she rewinds time upon death, but that's her geass, and she does need to die for that, so NO immortality.
- Shamna gets geassed!!!! This is impossible for code beareres!!!
- Lelouch gives his battle plans to C.C. because she IS immune to geass because she DOES have a code!

Anyone who still pretends that mark of the new power is a code is being willfully ignorant, the movies stresses that it isn't.

Chaotic_beauty said:

And, by the way, the theory started on reddit.

Liar
Liar
Liar
Seriously, just stop lying.
The code conspiracy theory was a joke on 4chan, it started as a hoax.
If you believe Lelouch has a code you have been fooled by a bunch of pranksters on 4chan!
Just as @RazorBMW said. He's correct. Code conspiracy theory being a 4chan joke is a well known fact by now.

The show staff officially confirmed that Lelouch is totally dead in R2. No code or immortality
For anyone who wants to read the facts, as stated by the show staff, and all the info the community has gathered, check out the Code Geass Community Information Database
LelouchviBritMERAug 17, 2019 6:16 AM
Aug 17, 2019 5:49 AM
Jul 2019
code geass most anime in world
Aug 18, 2019 9:17 PM

Mar 2010
We all know lelouch is alive from how the 2nd season ended. Lol

BUT IT WAS SO AWESOME TO SEE HIM AGAIN KICKIN!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2019 9:20 PM

Mar 2010
LelouchviBritMER said:
TendoShurado343 said:
Just one question. What happened to the Code theory?

It was never correct.
Both the original anime and the new movies didn't allow it because it violated the lore.
The show staff have repeatedly officially confirmed Lelouch is truly dead (read the Code Geass Community Information Database if you want to read it all), they even explicitly denied core points of code theory (for example Nunnally never saw any visions or memories).
So this movie, obviously, contradicts code theory too. They're not going to suddenly change their mind after 10 years of saying he's truly dead.
What the movie does do is include little easter eggs, like the cart driver dress up, but from the context you can see there's no connection with the R2 cart driver.

sorry litte puppy but your source is not that quite reliable.
and even if it -may- contradict, theres a split fiction in the studio during the concession but i can assure you it is open ending (while it has been blatantly displayed that lelouch is alive) but enough of that im lazy to debate, if u believe his dead so be it, continue with what you believe in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2019 9:21 PM

Mar 2010
ugmon said:
Madonis said:

You with your conspiracy theory about cash cow. gtfo? ooof
Aug 18, 2019 9:29 PM

Jan 2009
Sebastian333 said:
ugmon said:

what do you mean conspiracy theory? anime is a business anwyay right? and the link is an actual news?
Aug 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Mar 2010
ugmon said:
Sebastian333 said:

what do you mean conspiracy theory? anime is a business anwyay right? and the link is an actual news?

and so you assumed it as a derivation from cash cow? wow one might say you a god for knowing people plan and motive. *claps hand*
Aug 18, 2019 9:34 PM

Jan 2009
Sebastian333 said:
ugmon said:

and so you assumed it as a derivation from cash cow? wow one might say you a god for knowing people plan and motive. *claps hand*

cash cow is simply a word for making more profit and thats what businesses like anime do lol
Aug 18, 2019 9:35 PM

Mar 2010
ugmon said:
Sebastian333 said:

cash cow is simply a word for making more profit and thats what businesses like anime do lol

i hope you realize you are implying them to do sequel due to being driven by money (when its not). Lol
Aug 18, 2019 9:44 PM

Jan 2009
Sebastian333 said:
ugmon said:

i hope you realize you are implying them to do sequel due to being driven by money (when its not). Lol

so what drives a business like anime to make more sequels then in the first place?

capitalism 101 hello?

you got too much blue pill in you lol get some red pill sometime
Aug 18, 2019 9:54 PM
Aug 2018
Sebastian333 said:
We all know lelouch is alive from how the 2nd season ended. Lol

Except that he was totally dead at the end of R2
The anime made it impossible for him to have the code.
The show staff officially confirmed that he was totally dead. No code or immortality
The community showed that the code conspiracy hoax was just a 4chan joke which was contradicted by the anime itself.
The movies explicitly confirmed he didn't have a code in R2.

Sebastian333 said:

sorry litte puppy but your source is not that quite reliable.

If you're going to pretend that the show staff's own words are not reliable and that you know the anime better than the people who made it, you're beyond hope.

Sebastian333 said:
theres a split fiction in the studio

There is not. We know that for a fact because it was explicitly said that there was consensus about Lelouch's fate, i.e. totally dead.
Or are you trying to say the show staff are a bunch of liars??

Continue: "Was there a dispute among the staff members regarding the ending?"

Okouchi: "No. It was decided fairly naturally. During the "Code Geass" script meetings, there are many cases in which there were a number of disputes, but there were barely any when it came to the scripts for (the previous series's) episode 25 and the final episode. I think everyone felt the same when it came to the end of the character that is Lelouch."

Sebastian333 said:
i can assure you it is open ending

Not in the slightest.
Not only does the anime itself make it completely impossible for Lelouch to have a code because that would have violated the established rules, so a sword through the chest and bleeding out on screen is most definitely not open ended, but the show staff even confirmed he's truly dead in many interviews. In 2009 they even made a brand new epilogue where C.C. herself talks to the audience and confirms Lelouch is dead and that she mourns his death. How on earth can any sane person call that "open ended"?

Sebastian333 said:

(while it has been blatantly displayed that lelouch is alive)

The anime literally doesn't have a single indication about that.
ALL of the code conspiracy so-called "clues" have been debunked by the community, since they were all contradicted by the anime. They're just twisted misrepresentations of what was shown. For example, Nunnally never saw any code visions (those visions were even explicitly denied by the show staff!)
Aug 18, 2019 9:55 PM

Mar 2010
ugmon said:
Sebastian333 said:

so what drives a business like anime to make more sequels then in the first place?

capitalism 101 hello?

you got too much blue pill in you lol get some red pill sometime

Yes business. If we want to direct a movie, we need money, we need modal, we need a positive return of investment, for example, TO PAY THE WORKERS AND STAFF in order to direct the movie successfully.

But oh well, the likes of you are ignorant fool and negative punks . Continue to wallow in your shallow thought that think people are crazy for money. Perhaps
of which i woudnlt be suprised.
Sep 9, 2019 3:22 AM

May 2018
The movie is nothing that great compared to the R1 and R2, but a good one if you miss the characters. Love to see them again, and good to see some other geass users here, although they are pretty useless except for Shamna who makes the movie worth to watch. Don't like the first half of the movie, but the last half is definitely the best part the Shamna vs Zero. Lelouch's comeback is really what I've been waiting for. Feels like the anime would be good as a TV series not a movie, if that is the case I would love this more. Nothing new happens, basically the same thing happens here, combining R1 and R2. Nice movie, but a weak one.

Sep 12, 2019 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
Thread cleaned.

Please ensure all posts are on-topic and keep your arguments out of the forums.
Oct 5, 2019 12:09 AM

Feb 2014
Sev_54 said:
One person in the row behind me, upon the credits rolling, immediately said to his friend "it was better when he was dead"

This was exactly my thought when I was watching this movie :/ After I saw the ending of S2 years ago, I had been happily theorizing that he might have in fact survived. But now that I saw this movie...I dont like this version/universe of him surviving.

I didnt like the soulless/characterless (whatever?) Lelouch at the beginning. I would've understood him having PTSD, but not this 0 to 100 change in the middle of the movie. Seemed like either lazy writing or immense time pressure. They could've made so much more out of this.

The conversations in this movie seemed so ...lifeless somehow. I was generally hoping for more emotions between the cast members.

Im not shipping LL/CC, so not even that could lift me up. Objectively rating, i should probs give this a 6/10. I guess I was too hyped about this because I'm quite disappointed. Rating by my feeling it's 4/10. They should erase this movie from existance and redo it as S3.
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Oct 19, 2019 7:09 PM

Apr 2010
I dont understand why Shirley is alive?
Oct 28, 2019 12:46 AM

Jul 2014
LelouchviBritMER said:
TendoShurado343 said:
Just one question. What happened to the Code theory?

It was never correct.
Both the original anime and the new movies didn't allow it because it violated the lore.
The show staff have repeatedly officially confirmed Lelouch is truly dead (read the Code Geass Community Information Database if you want to read it all), they even explicitly denied core points of code theory (for example Nunnally never saw any visions or memories).
So this movie, obviously, contradicts code theory too. They're not going to suddenly change their mind after 10 years of saying he's truly dead.
What the movie does do is include little easter eggs, like the cart driver dress up, but from the context you can see there's no connection with the R2 cart driver.

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've read this year. Did we really watch the same movie? Did your 2 brain cells enjoy it?
Nov 2, 2019 9:37 PM
Sep 2018
This movie was epic.
Lelouch being awesome and badass like always
The anime focuses too much on politics and it doesn’t go too deep into the power of geass so I think future code geass projects will be focusing in the geass (with lelouch and CC) and that’s great because geass has so much things that we didn’t get to see in the anime, like why it exists and the history of it. Also we haven’t seen CC backstory as a whole so maybe we get to find out more about it.
Code Geass is my favorite anime and I’m really happy that we’re getting more of it.
Dec 7, 2019 12:08 PM
Sep 2014
to the ppl who watched the movie how lelouch got resurrected ?
Dec 8, 2019 7:23 AM

May 2010
such an enjoyable movie for me personally ;) 10/10
Dec 8, 2019 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
I didn't like how this movie started but got into it with Lelouch's comeback. Really loved to see the GOAT in action again after so long. Good to see a lot of the characters learnt about him being alive. Too bad Shirley couldn't meet him. C.C was cute in the movie, specially in the end. Also heh nice from now Lelouch will be L.L

This definitely had some plotholes but this was worthwhile. Watching Lelouch live in the world he built through so mucj sacrifice was worth it.
MegamiRemJul 11, 2020 11:10 AM
Dec 8, 2019 11:07 AM
Jul 2007
Staric said:
I dont understand why Shirley is alive?

This is a sequel to the 3rd geass movie, not the ending of R2. They changed the fate of some of the characters, but the story essentially remains the same.

As far as what I thought about the movie, it should have been longer, and it should have explained what CC meant by Lelouch possibly inheriting Charles' code and how Lelouch's code is incomplete so he's not immortal, which is why Zero Requiem and all this stuff happened. It was great fan service though and we got to see Lelouch own with his geass.
eraltergDec 8, 2019 11:18 AM
Dec 8, 2019 12:05 PM

Sep 2018
OK, so they were able to bring Lelouch back because something, something, asspull.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Dec 8, 2019 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
New, where do I start.

Lelouch was still alive though he wasn't mentally stable. It was nice seeing C.C. taking care of him though it was for me it was hard watching him like that.

Shamna had an interesting Geass, being able to turn back time after death. But you will have to feel sorry for her as she will eternally be trapped.

I loved the scene were Lelouch told C.C. that he will take on the name L.L., It seems like a marriage proposal.. It's touching seeing the way C.C. was crying and blushing at the same time.

The ED song was great. REVIVE! The images used looked nice.
It's a shame that the after credit scene wasn't translated, though after reading the post in this forum I kinda get the idea..

I'm rating this an 8/10.

It was good to see Jeremiah Orange.
LeoDec 8, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 8, 2019 4:11 PM
Dec 2018
This was total fanservice. This was made for the people who wanted Lelouch alive and for the CC x Lelouch shippers. Enjoyed it, but at first i thought it was a direct sequel to R2. :))) I hope they never make a sequel to R2 !
Dec 8, 2019 11:57 PM

Oct 2018
i give 10/10 because this movie contain what I want. exceed my expectation tbh

1. CC x LL
2. Nunally finally meet lelouch
3. Zero epic entrance
4. Lelouch n suzaku finally settle down.

but ofc there is lot of stuff that I really found less interesting...to be exact, dissapointed. such as:

1. Nunnaly reaction to lelouch is lacking...i though she cry like baby or joyful after meeting lelouch
2. wait what, shirley is alive????

but overall i give 10/10. i really didn't have that much expectation when it come to this movie. might as well doubt that lelouch is alive but this movie...really got me there...
Dec 9, 2019 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
Stoorainclaire said:
i give 10/10 because this movie contain what I want. exceed my expectation tbh

1. CC x LL
2. Nunally finally meet lelouch
3. Zero epic entrance
4. Lelouch n suzaku finally settle down.

but ofc there is lot of stuff that I really found less interesting...to be exact, dissapointed. such as:

1. Nunnaly reaction to lelouch is lacking...i though she cry like baby or joyful after meeting lelouch

but overall i give 10/10. i really didn't have that much expectation when it come to this movie. might as well doubt that lelouch is alive but this movie...really got me there...

Shirley is alive because of Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch III - Oudou
Dec 9, 2019 6:43 AM

Dec 2014
I just got hype when Lelouch appeared and when he decided to accompany C.C on her journey

What about the rest of it? i'm sry didn't had impact for me...

I wish we had a sequel for C.C and L.L journey that will be interseting
Dec 9, 2019 10:27 AM
Nov 2019
Stoorainclaire said:

She is alive because she never died.
This movie is not Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 sequel.
Dec 9, 2019 7:33 PM
Sep 2016
Keihatsu said:
I wish we had a sequel for C.C and L.L journey that will be interseting

According to ggkthx, the fansubber of Code Geass,
"For those who were lucky enough to not know, the movie is kicking off a 10 year plan for Code Geass."
So yeah, you can expect a LOT more to come.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why it's not considered as sequel to 2nd season of original series???

NaughtySempai - May 21, 2021

12 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:27 AM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Code Geass: Dakkan no Z

quercifolia - Sep 19, 2023

5 by quercifolia »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM

» Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

AnimeJunki3 - Apr 19, 2021

35 by WNightfall »»
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM

» I'm confused after watching this ??

WVM - Nov 27, 2022

6 by WVM »»
Dec 4, 2022 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.