Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 21, 2021 9:26 AM

Apr 2020
i watched this after completing Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
and i still think the story is actually a continuation of R2 and felt connected in between R2 and this movie ,then why every one says that this movie is alternate ending alternate to what ?? i didnt see this story in both original seasons and why its marked as alternate to R2 as i said it totally felt like sequel to R2...
yeah i got little confused on shirley being alive but except that
cant we say this is a sequel to R2

thanks for answers
NaughtySempaiMay 23, 2021 8:37 AM
May 21, 2021 9:38 AM

Jan 2017
Fukkatsu no Lelouch is the Sequel to the Triology of Movies , not of R2. (Think of it as an Alternative Timeline/Universe)
Since the trilogy is more or less a Remake of the TV Series , you can watch Fukkatsu after the TV and only be confused about the 1 or 2 changes made in the trilogy.

Overall , it was just an easy way to milk Code Geass a little bit more without touching the Original Timeline of the Main Serie. (Since the fans and the staff are completely satisfied with the Original Ending , it was for the better i'd say.)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 21, 2021 4:08 PM
Nov 2020
They made 3 movies based of the 2 seasons with slight differences and this continues from thag trilogy. That way the ending of the code geass series doesn't get ruined by this. So to answer the question, no, we can't say this is the ending to R2 as its just the 4th and presumably final movie
May 21, 2021 7:37 PM
Oct 2017
It's a "alternative ending", some people rather the ending that lelouch dies and that's it, or the ending that we don't know if he now is immortal, and have the ending that, yes, he is now immortal and that is the movie.
The anime make a open ending, that's why it's not a sequel.(some people said before but I'll repeat, it's more a sequel of the movies than the R2 itself).
May 21, 2021 8:21 PM
Mar 2021
((spoilers included))
it's because in the series Shirley Fenette has died, but in the movie she's alive.
you should know that after series finished, Sunrise studio made 3 recap movies and in that recaps they deleted some parts of the story, for example they completely wrote out Mao and as consequence Shirley survived. so that's it, the movie is continuation of the recaps not the series.
May 21, 2021 9:05 PM

Jan 2021
This movie is an alternative ending. So if you don't accept Lelouch's death, you can watch it.
May 23, 2021 1:10 AM
Dec 2020
Because its bad bruh
May 23, 2021 8:39 AM

Apr 2020
well its not like if they say it like that so i will accept it
but since i felt story connected and except shirley's death nothing seem too strange
so from now on i gonna consider it as sequel and will recommend to other as sequel
also thanks for all the answers
Jun 22, 2021 8:48 PM

Jan 2015
In original series, Lelouch's death is left to speculation of the watcher but was confirmed by the writer. This movie is more of an alternative timeline where some character did not die, and Lelouch is also left alive.
Apr 14, 2023 11:50 PM
Sep 2022
Elyts said:
In original series, Lelouch's death is left to speculation of the watcher but was confirmed by the writer. This movie is more of an alternative timeline where some character did not die, and Lelouch is also left alive.

Didn't he only write that Lelouch's story is over? Can't see it as confirmation of his death, is an open ending
Apr 15, 2023 12:51 AM

Jan 2017
RichAthena said:
Didn't he only write that Lelouch's story is over? Can't see it as confirmation of his death, is an open ending

You are literally 15 years too late to debate that.

Anyway , no , the writers decided that Lelouch would die in the last episode , but still chose to represent it with an open ending that could lets doubts in the mind of viewers. If you want to verify and debunk everything , the wiki-fandom literally has a page with all those quotes. (Do your best and post on Reddit , you'll get plenty of replies.)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 15, 2023 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
They are doing mental gymnastics so this sequel wouldn't ruin the shows ending for them but the only real difference between the original show and the recap movies is Shirley not dying. Which considering how rushed the movies were and how little screentime she got, I'm convinced it was mostly so they wouldn't have to waste time on that whole subplot.
But yea it's the same story, the same ending, the same sequel to both. Anything to the contrary is just to appease the "fans" (haters).
Jan 3, 6:27 AM

Apr 2014
It is a sequel completely in my mind.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyuse - Feb 24, 2019

217 by Dekuuchiha »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Code Geass: Dakkan no Z

quercifolia - Sep 19, 2023

5 by quercifolia »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM

» Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

AnimeJunki3 - Apr 19, 2021

35 by WNightfall »»
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM

» I'm confused after watching this ??

WVM - Nov 27, 2022

6 by WVM »»
Dec 4, 2022 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.