Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2016
Animation and OST beautiful yadda yadda

But the first half of the episode was pretty much a cringefest imo. Corny lame jokes, silly montage with monologue that literally says what's happening on screen. Got better in the second half but this was not a strong episode by a longshot, I hope it will improve in the next episodes.
Apr 21, 2019 9:49 AM

Apr 2015
Xozzen said:

But the first half of the episode was pretty much a cringefest imo. Corny lame jokes, silly montage with monologue that literally says what's happening on screen. Got better in the second half but this was not a strong episode by a longshot, I hope it will improve in the next episodes.
Atleast there wasnt absolutely ridiculous looking cgi in this one.
Apr 21, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2018
Lmao 2 years passed in a single episode? Worst training arc I've ever seen to be honest, it feels like the author couldn't come up with something interesting and just shit out a 2 year time skip to justify Tanjiro's increase in strength and speed. Well at least the visuals and music are great. Nezuko would be better off dead, she doesn't add anything to this already weak story. But we need her to kick ass and be cute I get it.
poop
Apr 21, 2019 10:24 AM

May 2015
Esquirtit said:
Lmao 2 years passed in a single episode? Worst training arc I've ever seen to be honest, it feels like the author couldn't come up with something interesting and just shit out a 2 year time skip to justify Tanjiro's increase in strength and speed. Well at least the visuals and music are great. Nezuko would be better off dead, she doesn't add anything to this already weak story. But we need her to kick ass and be cute I get it.
the story isn't even started yet,this is just the prologue,nezuko is a very important character for the story,you'll see why,and she fights too.
Apr 21, 2019 10:29 AM

Dec 2016
Kinda weird when Sakonji said that he a trainer. I prefer the manga translation where he said he is a cultivator and that he cultivate talent. It make what he said less vanilla sounding.
Apr 21, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2015
Xozzen said:

the monologues are what he wrote in the diary.
nanashi796Apr 21, 2019 10:33 AM
Apr 21, 2019 10:45 AM

Mar 2018
nanashi796 said:
Esquirtit said:
the story isn't even started yet,this is just the prologue,nezuko is a very important character for the story,you'll see why,and she fights too.
Yeah I meant the story so far is weak. Can't even see ep 2 and 3 as part of the prologue, ep 1 already explains why he becomes a demon slayer and the state of his sister. But I've no idea where the story will go after he gets recruited into the corps so I'm still excited
EsquirtitApr 21, 2019 3:24 PM
poop
Apr 21, 2019 11:41 AM

Jan 2015
Esquirtit said:
nanashi796 said:
Yeah I meant the story so far is weak. Can't even see ep 2 and 3 as part of the prologue, ep 1 already explains why becomes a demon slayer and the state of his sister. But I've no idea where the story will go after he gets recruited into the corps so I'm still excited

The plot starts after the Final Selection ends, so from episode 6. The first 5 episodes are just the prologue as already stated
Apr 21, 2019 12:53 PM
Mar 2015
That was quite a good episode, I like how we got to see Tanjiro grow over the 2 years of training, the battle at the end was very underwhelming, I was hyped for something a bit more action-packed but I can see why they made the choice to end it like that, so I don't really mind.
Apr 21, 2019 1:19 PM
Oct 2016
Another amazing episode, i have always liked training montages and this one is definitely a good one. We got to meet two new interesting characters this episode. I haven`t read the manga but it seems like they were the spirit or something of the rock and the test was to beat Sabito. I`m looking forward to seeing what this final selection is. Good animation and sound as always.
Apr 21, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2016
2 year jump nice way to get him stronger, that ending.
Apr 21, 2019 5:36 PM

May 2016
I was bit shook about how the show's tone kept jumping between comedic and serious, but another great episode! The OST has not disappointed and stellar animation again this episode. I'm really looking forward to where this show goes.

Apr 21, 2019 6:00 PM
Feb 2009
time skipped and training all in one episode
Apr 21, 2019 6:05 PM

May 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
FilipDespa said:
Farewell then, you won't be missed

Fanboy gets mad when handed the truth.

Your opinion ≠ the truth.

Apr 21, 2019 6:29 PM

Dec 2012
I bought the training because they spent enough time on it, which made it believable.
Apr 21, 2019 8:55 PM
Apr 2018
Dude i am f*king sad. I've just read their bio on wiki (makoto and sabito) read it ur self i dont want to spoil u guys
Apr 21, 2019 10:23 PM

Feb 2008
I uh... don't enjoy Natsuki Hanae as a samurai demon killer to be honest. I think he's more fit for high school stuff. Probably the only thing that puts me off sometimes, he's way too energetic. Other than that, the enjoyment is full on track.

I am not too angry about the 2 year skip, I guess it can't be helped. So does anyone know if Yuki Kajura is the muisic composer? Or is it Shiina Go? Both?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Apr 22, 2019 3:41 AM
Oct 2012
zeroj said:
I uh... don't enjoy Natsuki Hanae as a samurai demon killer to be honest. I think he's more fit for high school stuff. Probably the only thing that puts me off sometimes, he's way too energetic. Other than that, the enjoyment is full on track.

I am not too angry about the 2 year skip, I guess it can't be helped. So does anyone know if Yuki Kajura is the muisic composer? Or is it Shiina Go? Both?

It is both of them.
Apr 22, 2019 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
bad, just a generic shounen anime, nothing new...
Apr 22, 2019 5:49 AM
Sep 2016
billybub said:
Wow that was just awful. Great looking animation will never make up for crap dialogue and a weak story. Oh well gave it 3 episodes and that seems more than enough

I know right. At this point I'm just here cause ufotable's my aesthetic and judging by how every episode discussion is mostly "art/animation + OST!!" and barely any actual discussion on the episode's content it seems I'm not alone.
God he writing. It's just...so bad. Please kill me, end my suffering before the next most obvious thing gets explained to me right after I just saw and heard it.
Why are shounen jump stories so...ugh
JudoJDApr 22, 2019 5:56 AM
1.1.Six
Apr 22, 2019 6:07 AM

Jan 2017
UFOtable keep doing thier magic with the animation!
Apr 22, 2019 6:18 AM

May 2015
JudoJD said:
billybub said:
Wow that was just awful. Great looking animation will never make up for crap dialogue and a weak story. Oh well gave it 3 episodes and that seems more than enough

I know right. At this point I'm just here cause ufotable's my aesthetic and judging by how every episode discussion is mostly "art/animation + OST!!" and barely any actual discussion on the episode's content it seems I'm not alone.
God he writing. It's just...so bad. Please kill me, end my suffering before the next most obvious thing gets explained to me right after I just saw and heard it.
things explained>show don't tell
btw in this episode tanjirou was writing a diary,thats why there are a lot of monologues in the training,the training already happened and the monologues are what he wrote in the diary,it's not always like this.
nanashi796Apr 22, 2019 6:30 AM
Apr 22, 2019 6:38 AM

Jan 2009
Plot-wise the show's ineresting so far, the animation is pretty good too.
However, Tanjiro narrating everything is getting on my nerves, why not show what's happening instead of explaining it to us? Spending most of the episode showing his training, and then skipping his conversation with Makomo, I don't know if they did the same in the manga or it was an anime only thing, but either way it's dumb.
Apr 22, 2019 8:57 AM

Jan 2017
Jfc the mc is generic to the core and makes this show unwatchable, his constant screaming reminds me too much of asta. The background graphics are really pretty but i feel like it doesn't go well with characters' design. That's gonna be a drop from me
Apr 22, 2019 9:18 AM
Oct 2016
Cambeezee said:
1 and a half years goes by nothing changes about his hair, suddently after 6 months his hair is hella long ehm come on?

are you kidding me? he probably cut it.
Apr 22, 2019 9:44 AM
Apr 2019
People are really reaching to compare Tanjirou with Asta lmao
Apr 22, 2019 11:06 AM

Jan 2015
DiabloMask said:
Plot-wise the show's ineresting so far, the animation is pretty good too.
However, Tanjiro narrating everything is getting on my nerves, why not show what's happening instead of explaining it to us? Spending most of the episode showing his training, and then skipping his conversation with Makomo, I don't know if they did the same in the manga or it was an anime only thing, but either way it's dumb.

Actually there were even more monologues in the manga
Apr 22, 2019 12:42 PM

Mar 2018
Loved it. The training was great and the score was again gorgeous. The animation is wonderfully fluent. Time really flew by. Cannot wait for the next episode.
Apr 22, 2019 2:00 PM

May 2017
What makes this special except for animation?
Apr 22, 2019 2:01 PM

May 2017
secondgrade said:
secondgrade said:

They like to scream a lot
Apr 22, 2019 2:48 PM
Apr 2019
drizzy999 said:
secondgrade said:
secondgrade said:

They like to scream a lot

Tanjirou does not scream randomly during a casual conversation. Asta on the other hand... Also, exclaiming is not screaming.

secondgradeApr 22, 2019 11:27 PM
Apr 22, 2019 3:12 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
This one was good. I'm enjoying it so far.

Sabito and Makomo kinda looked like they were just a figment of Tanjirou's imagination, but we will see.
Apr 22, 2019 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
Esquirtit said:

Well to be fair the training was basically grinding out work loads.

Did you want a couple of episodes of him doing the same thing every day?
Apr 22, 2019 6:43 PM

Mar 2018
Vindicater said:
Esquirtit said:

Well to be fair the training was basically grinding out work loads.

Did you want a couple of episodes of him doing the same thing every day?
No just something interesting anything else would be fine really. But there's no need for it the people in this story can get as strong as the demons by controlling their breath. The author made clear he doesn't give a fuck and just wants to move on and that's fine too
poop
Apr 22, 2019 6:59 PM

Aug 2018
2 years passed already and nezuko didn't wake up once in that time? hmm im wondering if she's doing training of her own (mental training of some sort?). I'm eager for the next episode.

I love the character designs of sabito and makomo! hope to see them around again at some point. Kind of strange that when tanjiro sliced through his mask, it sliced through the boulder as well? Makes me wonder if sabito was even real bc wouldn't that mean his body would have been sliced in half as well? but also anime likes to bend the rules so anything goes i guess
Apr 22, 2019 9:56 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode, i liked a lot the way they presented how was Urokodaki's training lessons to Tanjirou, i feelt that it was hard, but at same time funny the presentation!

Sabito and Makomo apearance was misterious but i really liked them, Mokomo was really cute, fight scenes between Sabito and Tanjirou were just so well animated!

When Tanjrirou sliced that i was like "wtf", i want to know more about Sabito and Makomo, are they aparitions or members of Demon Slayers!

I am looking foward next episode to see the Final Selection exam!
Apr 23, 2019 4:21 AM

Aug 2017
Pretty good training montage. They skipped a lot of time without it seeming rushed, which is good. Imma hooked.
Apr 23, 2019 6:35 AM

Feb 2017
people just watch this because of ufotable + pretty imouto premise?
please convice me to watch or not to watch this.

it seems like i will make 6 episode test when ep 6 out and watch the forum if i really sure if this worth.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 23, 2019 7:13 AM

May 2009
Limaolc said:
When Tanjrirou sliced that i was like "wtf", i want to know more about Sabito and Makomo, are they aparitions or members of Demon Slayers!

They were children that Urokodaki trained. They died long time ago and won't appear again.
Apr 23, 2019 7:25 AM
Sep 2016
nanashi796 said:
JudoJD said:

things explained>show don't tell
btw in this episode tanjirou was writing a diary,thats why there are a lot of monologues in the training,the training already happened and the monologues are what he wrote in the diary,it's not always like this.

show don't tell or any decent level of writing >>>>>>> constantly explaining the most obviously OBVIOUS things over dialogue x monologue that feels like it was written by a 9 year old learning how to jot down an essay. (lol that "Act like a man! ree" scene XD)
It's not an isolated case. The show's been like this throughout from the beginning.
Demon attacks and gets hair tangled on axe and therefore stuck when logged onto a tree.
Demon: "My hair got tangled on...when..." Please shut up Mr. Demon-san-kun... please...please.
Read novels with more show don't tell in the name of competent writing than this anime lol (I wish that was an exaggeration...)
I really hope the writer wrote this with the mindset that since it's a WSJ story it's targeting kids who may not be the most perceptive. Cause otherwise she or whoever is handling the anime's script is pretty much just telling you, the viewer, that you're stupid.

Let's talk about what people actually care about cause otherwise...
The art x animation x ost thooo reee
JudoJDApr 23, 2019 7:28 AM
1.1.Six
Apr 23, 2019 7:34 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It keeps on being just watchable
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 23, 2019 9:14 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty awesome episode, really wanted Sabito to be a cool reoccurring character, but then ya'know lol
TheFreycookApr 23, 2019 9:17 AM
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 23, 2019 10:40 AM

Mar 2017
Mugglus said:
Cambeezee said:
1 and a half years goes by nothing changes about his hair, suddently after 6 months his hair is hella long ehm come on?

anime char never cut hair
Apr 23, 2019 10:49 AM

Aug 2008
Cambeezee said:
Mugglus said:

he will lol ......
The spider is watching
Apr 23, 2019 11:19 AM
Oct 2016
Cambeezee said:
Mugglus said:

This comment confuses me, are you talking about the main character in this anime or anime characters as a whole?
Apr 23, 2019 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
Xenocrisi said:

Are we gonna have this problem in future episodes too?
Apr 23, 2019 1:50 PM
May 2016
Simply beautiful in every way

I really hope this keeps up and the quality doesn't drop like it usually happens during the later episodes of a new anime....
Apr 23, 2019 3:54 PM

Jan 2015
DiabloMask said:
Xenocrisi said:

Are we gonna have this problem in future episodes too?

I think so
Because the monologues in the manga work, while in the anime can be found long and boring sometimes, and that’s a pity
Apr 23, 2019 4:19 PM
Nov 2018
thiago52192 said:
This was probably the best episode of the year in terms of direction and soundtrack. But still, the story so far isn't really that interesting. This show can really be something amazing if it does improve that later

Best episode of the year in what sense?, because there definitely have been better episodes this year especially in terms of direction.
Apr 23, 2019 5:27 PM

Oct 2012
Sabito and Makomo *show up*
Me: They're dead aren't they

*Episode ends*
Me: THEY WERE FUCKING DEAD ALL ALONG AREN'T THEY

Hated it 5/5
Love both the characters, also they are were perfect ship material ugh
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.