Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 12, 2018 3:23 PM
Nov 2018
Albedo is love
Albedo is life

I enjoued this series so much, i hope a 4th season is released soon. See you guys next season.
Dec 29, 2018 6:09 PM
Jan 2016
Needs less CGI, and more Cocytus.
Jan 2, 2019 6:19 AM

Dec 2008
They didnt even use the lizardmen much or at all afterall that nonsens in season 2. Well 6.5/10 for the greater show of power by Ains sama, but its not much more than in the 2nd season final battle...technically. SO MUCH talking and bs again!? And STILL NO ANSWER ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER GUILD MEMBERS OF AINS'! Did they get stuck in this world too? Were they the 13 great heroes or evil deities or both? Is this world just a simulation or not...At least this 3rd season was a bit better than the crummy 2nd, but nothing compares to the 1st season of the anime. I hope if theres a 4th and final season, it gets less boring and more interesting... *smfh * >,;,<
Feb 12, 2019 7:12 AM

Dec 2012
That Lizard Men arc on S2 = TRASH. S3 = BAD CGI
7/10 for this season

Apr 13, 2019 12:53 PM

Jun 2017
Not that much happened in this finale, but it was still an enjoyable episode. I wonder how the Ainz/momon trick was played though.

Now for the unfortunate long ass wait without any core overlord episodes :(
Apr 14, 2019 12:22 AM

Apr 2014
-Instakilled Gazef as soon as the battle started :/ What made the fights against Ainz interesting was the various ways in which his opponents would progress through their attacks as the previous one failed. Was hoping it'd be slightly more satisfying.

-I like the use of Momon as the instrument of subjugation. It's much more palatable for the citizens to have their hero be the watchdog than direct oversight from the undead and demons, as unfortunate as it may be for them. Does he intend to rule _without fear_? Might have had a better start without such a thorough massacre. Other nations will not view him as merely another powerful country to win or lose against, but they might view him as a threat to the survival of humanity that must be eliminated and any peace will not last. Will he attempt to change his image during his rule over E-Rantel?

-How loyal is Demiurge really? His character is just setup for such a thing.

The concept of the first episode of the season could be made into its own series XD The wholesomeness and comedy of that episode were great, but quite out of place compared with the other 12 episodes While it added nothing to the plot, it provided some great characterization.

The arc with Carne Village felt quite trivial and useless, at least on the surface. While it was fun seeing Enri's progressing unwanted ascendence in status, the story for it wasn't really interesting and didn't really appear to serve much purpose. However, if the intention was to showcase the rise of Enri and her summoning of an army in the second arc, then hopefully she will play an important role down the line. The lizardmen had an arc devoted to them and thus far they haven't been used, so it would be a shame for this to happen as well. Carne Empire when?

The second arc of the season was more interesting, but only after the episodes involving the workers who storywise didn't necessitate all that time that had been devoted to them. The diplomacy with the Baharuth Emperor and his subjugation was intriguing, but the conquest of E-Rantel felt rather lackluster imo and didn't provide the level of investment as seen in Ainz's other battles. It's expected that he would do something OP and emerge victorious, however the battle lacked entertainment value for me.

Overall, I enjoyed this season, but similar to the previous one it doesn't really feel as though the overarching plot progressed much. Yes becoming a Kingdom and moving out of the shadows is progression, however the amount of tangible steps Ainz had to take to reach that point from episode two was actually very little. It also would have been nice for the main cast to have much more screentime than they had received, in favor of overemphasizing side characters that we would have little to no attachment to.

Rating: 6/10
ZeroDragonApr 14, 2019 12:53 AM
Apr 15, 2019 1:25 PM
Jun 2017
Short_Circut said:
Apart from the atrocious CGI, this was a pretty fun season. Been awhile since we've gotten an anti-hero protagonist

Anti hero? How can anyone be so retarded... What a fanbase... No wonder it has an average of 8...
Apr 15, 2019 1:26 PM
Jun 2017
LiedElfen said:
Albedo is love
Albedo is life

I enjoued this series so much, i hope a 4th season is released soon. See you guys next season.

Albedo is half guy...
Apr 24, 2019 8:03 AM

Jun 2014
Someone's off their meds.
Jun 2, 2019 8:32 AM

Apr 2018
That fight with Stronoff was anticlimactic. I was expecting Ainz to hold back a little to make the fight a little interesting but no, he used a insta-die cheat lmao. I'm kinda dissapointed with this season. The previous seasons were better in terms of animation and story telling. I felt this season was a little fast paced
Jun 11, 2019 5:08 AM
May 2019
We need season 4!
9/10 for overlord season 3
Jun 12, 2019 4:42 PM

Dec 2015
Grey-Zone said:
So the silhouette at the end of the ED turned out to be a red herring, huh? That's too bad.

And those who are too damaged by the CGI this season... come over to watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken! We got beautiful 2D animations (even a Dragon doesn't need CGI!) and visual effects that Madhouse could only dream of! It also has a non-human protagonist and later on got its own fairly dark moments similar to Overlord! And the chief animation directior is Ebata, someone who's appearently very famous for his great animations!

honestly on the animation sure slime is much better,
on the plot side,
nah slime sama is far behind,
it just to plain simple.

it just about an overpowered dude, that do miracles, here its overpowered dude that going to conquere the world, and in an evil way.
Jun 12, 2019 4:47 PM

Dec 2015
tzarye14 said:
I love how the servants keep saying that Ainz makes the best plans and moves and they are all useless even though it's the complete opposite.
Now I really wanna a season 4.

yeah later in the novel it becomes even worse...
ainz just dont know wtf to do anymore.
Jun 12, 2019 4:58 PM

Dec 2015
ZeroDragon said:
-Instakilled Gazef as soon as the battle started :/ What made the fights against Ainz interesting was the various ways in which his opponents would progress through their attacks as the previous one failed. Was hoping it'd be slightly more satisfying.

-I like the use of Momon as the instrument of subjugation. It's much more palatable for the citizens to have their hero be the watchdog than direct oversight from the undead and demons, as unfortunate as it may be for them. Does he intend to rule _without fear_? Might have had a better start without such a thorough massacre. Other nations will not view him as merely another powerful country to win or lose against, but they might view him as a threat to the survival of humanity that must be eliminated and any peace will not last. Will he attempt to change his image during his rule over E-Rantel?

-How loyal is Demiurge really? His character is just setup for such a thing.

The concept of the first episode of the season could be made into its own series XD The wholesomeness and comedy of that episode were great, but quite out of place compared with the other 12 episodes While it added nothing to the plot, it provided some great characterization.

The arc with Carne Village felt quite trivial and useless, at least on the surface. While it was fun seeing Enri's progressing unwanted ascendence in status, the story for it wasn't really interesting and didn't really appear to serve much purpose. However, if the intention was to showcase the rise of Enri and her summoning of an army in the second arc, then hopefully she will play an important role down the line. The lizardmen had an arc devoted to them and thus far they haven't been used, so it would be a shame for this to happen as well. Carne Empire when?

The second arc of the season was more interesting, but only after the episodes involving the workers who storywise didn't necessitate all that time that had been devoted to them. The diplomacy with the Baharuth Emperor and his subjugation was intriguing, but the conquest of E-Rantel felt rather lackluster imo and didn't provide the level of investment as seen in Ainz's other battles. It's expected that he would do something OP and emerge victorious, however the battle lacked entertainment value for me.

Overall, I enjoyed this season, but similar to the previous one it doesn't really feel as though the overarching plot progressed much. Yes becoming a Kingdom and moving out of the shadows is progression, however the amount of tangible steps Ainz had to take to reach that point from episode two was actually very little. It also would have been nice for the main cast to have much more screentime than they had received, in favor of overemphasizing side characters that we would have little to no attachment to.

Rating: 6/10

well i would answer some of you'r questions
but their are spoilers to the next volume

[spoiler]
so yeah he would change his image, and the people of e-rantel would live happily while the undead doing all the labor etc...

its like having a robots, for free, but they dont even need charge, and they would never ever fail, or break.

[!spoiler]

how royal Demiurge ... he is loyal as every npc.
the only thing is he thinks ainz is much much smarter then he is, while it isn't true... so we dont really know what would happen if the truth comes out.

the battle of erantel was mainly as in the novels,
it was just 3 pages of some word, over and over i forgot :')

but the outcome was the same,
and the reason they did what they did is, to show he world that yeah they have no chance, and a "war" against them is useless.
will it backlash them... who knows, but as far as we know from the anime even the 13 heroes was not close to kill 5k people in one spell so ainz by far stronger.

his never wished to go for world domination but now when he is on the path, he probably wish to do everything he can to at least make his nation a peacefull one.
Jun 23, 2019 10:00 AM
May 2019
Can't wait for season 4
Jun 29, 2019 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty much worthless season, previous was slightly better but still. Boringfest without any sense, it feels like Log Horizon - gaming slice of life with notorious role playing and that's it. Looks like only Konosuba and SAO are adequate isekai/gaming anime.
Jul 13, 2019 11:10 AM

Dec 2015
trash season this is going down each season with a boring/haremy cast shitty fan service boring dialogue i slept three times in the middle watching this the character development is well there is no character development at all i'm done with this....
Jul 26, 2019 8:05 AM
May 2016
lTl__lTl said:
xShinigami3125 said:
I guess this is the 13th week in a row that I say read the fckn novel it's much better.

I AGREE... just read the novel...
From where do you guys read the novel?
Jul 31, 2019 2:27 PM
Jun 2017
So far it looks like on Enri stands a chance.
Aug 6, 2019 5:41 AM

May 2016
Brain found out about Gazef's true intentions when he went up against Ains Ooal Gown yet he still strives to come up of a way to beat the Sorcerer King one day. I'd say that the man never learns but Emperor Rune was way worse, smirking maniacally when he found out that the half of Momonga's attack killed 70,000 men. If he really thinks that he'll become a tool to obtain absolute power, he better prepare lubricant when it's his turn to meet with that gaudy tentacle monster in the dungeons. RIP Gazef, toki wo ugokidasu...

I was anticipating that Momonga would fight against one of his own in true Overlord anime tradition and I was kind of correct. His way to reassure that E-Rantel's citizens will stay subservient was genius! It's like the anime ended too soon since there's still so much more to cover...

Aug 10, 2019 4:23 AM

Mar 2015
The next season should be good, fun to see them continue to expand their dominance!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2019 11:02 AM

Sep 2012
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
Brain found out about Gazef's true intentions when he went up against Ains Ooal Gown yet he still strives to come up of a way to beat the Sorcerer King one day. I'd say that the man never learns but Emperor Rune was way worse, smirking maniacally when he found out that the half of Momonga's attack killed 70,000 men. If he really thinks that he'll become a tool to obtain absolute power, he better prepare lubricant when it's his turn to meet with that gaudy tentacle monster in the dungeons. RIP Gazef, toki wo ugokidasu...

I was anticipating that Momonga would fight against one of his own in true Overlord anime tradition and I was kind of correct. His way to reassure that E-Rantel's citizens will stay subservient was genius! It's like the anime ended too soon since there's still so much more to cover...

rune's smirk was smirk of terror of disbelief what said no way i can plot against him even if i create this alliance were all dead

Brian's nation will propably end up ally to ainz so there will not be any finding ainz weakness, golden princess is their ally after all the way demi talked about her onces hinted that he has talked with her and possibly struck a deal with her

Sep 7, 2019 9:27 AM
Sep 2019
Gas bisa gas terus
Nov 27, 2019 8:00 AM

Sep 2019
This was good, truly I hadn't expected this much fine show out of this anime. How it was started with a video game player in a mysterious world and how he surprised each hurdles by doing splendid mind play is worth giving 8★

I know there are some people who think watching this anime is a waist of time even I had those same thoughts after reading some spoiler free reviews. And even now I have some point those I want to indicate like how he's so good at Kings play. I know he's a good player in the game but that is completely different in this case. Well I don't wanna think about this and loose my fun.

For the good points I kinda of understand why this Anime gets a good rating. I think it's because of the character momonga it self. He's like a isakai version of one punch man.
Dec 18, 2019 12:00 PM

Jan 2010
I'm really getting tired of this show. Barely finished the season.
I don't get where it's trying to go. I guess Ains and company were fun to watch with how op they are but it's getting really repetitive.

And I can't believe how boring the human side characters are. Every dialogue they have is supposed to be really emotional, but it just comes out as cheesy and cliche. I find it really hard to care about them.

Literally nothing makes me sit on the edge of my seat. Don't see anything to point my hype towards.

I don't get what changed exactly and what's wrong but I loved the first season so much now I can't believe it's the same anime...
Feb 10, 2020 7:53 AM

Dec 2018
Done.. am basically a maguro since Ep8, I shall applaud myself for even binge the rest 5 episodes and write all this. Enri moment barely able to lighten up the mood, and the rest is just... ugh
Perhaps if I watched it in weekly basis this might feel different.. might not.

The Momonga act is no longer funny, harmful CGI didn't even graze me the least, but the fact everything went as dark as the title Overlord, that alone, I will give them credit for. Well, since I can no longer journey further, I know just what I need.
I did them a favor to at least see through the season, and will do myself one to put a stop here. Good to know I actually don't root for dark faction, this time watching Isekai Quartet will be in whole new perspective now.. jeez

Don't get me wrong, there were way darker series out there that I clearly avoid and I had a few moments in this S1 and some of S2, I just thought while it's totally fine that Ainz was "almighty" from the start, I didn't ask for an "invincible" skeletal that could massacre a potential battle scene even, praise that sword and I sasuga Overlord. If disliking the series is in itself a minority, so be it, but I can't say I regret watching it, knowing a character and feel for them I quite consider that a pros.

I will put down my key and give it a 7/10 due to earlier half, but I'm dead so 6/10.
Oct 3, 2020 2:13 PM

May 2015
And the series ends with that epic cliffhanger along with that ED. Damn the Overlord music is so iconic and amazing! Every ED and OP is memorable and all of it gives that theme of evil and well....Overlord lol. I love listening to them when I want to be in an evil mood lol.

But yeah such a great series. This is my 2nd time re-watching the full series. (Season 1 has about 5 re-watches lol) I just love it so much. Its so unique cause we have like no series that follow a MC like this.

Well time to go continue the Light Novel. I bought three more volumes in prep for a binge. Time for the Lizardman Heroes. (Also bought all three seasons of Overlord. Took me like 4 years to buy season 1 but finally did it.)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2020 2:41 PM
Oct 2015
Best moment of the season was Anri blowing the horn and everyone wigging out when she summoned that huge army.

Worst moment of the season was Ainz and Guardians slaughtering all the Adventurers (especially the girl that had little sisters waiting for her at home).
Dec 20, 2020 12:55 PM
Dec 2020
Hello i need help , i finish the 3 Seasons and i Want to continue with the graphic book but i dont know the good one. THX!
Dec 27, 2020 4:03 AM
Mar 2018
Wasn't there a greater theme behind it all, this show totally neglected for the big talks and drama? Like, how there might be another player in this world that controlled Shalltear and had a magical item from the main players. Clearly dodged that idea to emphasize on the MC. And is it just me or did they also leave out some characters? Because I don't recall seeing Evileye ever in this season, even though she is on the cast list. It all just felt like a big waste of time. Things almost didn't went anywhere other than; Ainz OP, sometimes good sometimes bad and if they would leave ot all the prostration the show would a quarter shorter...
Dec 27, 2020 6:58 AM
Jun 2020
I liked the animation, the dialogues and discussions, and the story
Jan 31, 2021 6:07 PM
Nov 2018
I finally finished watching all the Seasons. The story itself is interesting. I love the world building and seeing different characters. I still feel bad for Arche and her sisters. Honestly, i don't think this anime was for me. I am interesting what will happen next but at the same time i could care less. If season 4 comes out, i will watch it for sure. Overall, it was ok. Now i can finally watch isekai quartet.

drdelementalFeb 1, 2021 10:46 AM
Mar 13, 2021 6:01 AM

Sep 2012
DarknessReality said:
And the series ends with that epic cliffhanger along with that ED. Damn the Overlord music is so iconic and amazing! Every ED and OP is memorable and all of it gives that theme of evil and well....Overlord lol. I love listening to them when I want to be in an evil mood lol.

But yeah such a great series. This is my 2nd time re-watching the full series. (Season 1 has about 5 re-watches lol) I just love it so much. Its so unique cause we have like no series that follow a MC like this.

Well time to go continue the Light Novel. I bought three more volumes in prep for a binge. Time for the Lizardman Heroes. (Also bought all three seasons of Overlord. Took me like 4 years to buy season 1 but finally did it.)

what would be fun is if he new lets goblins and Lizardmen in the city to trade a city ope to all races

DonTrumpolino said:
Wasn't there a greater theme behind it all, this show totally neglected for the big talks and drama? Like, how there might be another player in this world that controlled Shalltear and had a magical item from the main players. Clearly dodged that idea to emphasize on the MC. And is it just me or did they also leave out some characters? Because I don't recall seeing Evileye ever in this season, even though she is on the cast list. It all just felt like a big waste of time. Things almost didn't went anywhere other than; Ainz OP, sometimes good sometimes bad and if they would leave ot all the prostration the show would a quarter shorter...

i heard they left out 1char forgot name, but so far paste on the source what i read from ppl there are no other players there just items from Y was used the items in S1 used by this knights were also from Y

drdelemental said:
I finally finished watching all the Seasons. The story itself is interesting. I love the world building and seeing different characters. I still feel bad for Arche and her sisters. Honestly, i don't think this anime was for me. I am interesting what will happen next but at the same time i could care less. If season 4 comes out, i will watch it for sure. Overall, it was ok. Now i can finally watch isekai quartet.

then maybe u like this similar but not same
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37430/Tensei_shitara_Slime_Datta_Ken?q=slime&cat=anime

MC dies and is reincarnated in another world as slime but slime that gets bower of enemies he devours, slimes has no Bio gender but he Int himself as a guy, he can take human form bit later some EP later

so from power hes not far from Ainz and hes power is growing (due battles, i said he can devour enemies and gets their power this way), but hes good, but

he starts helping a village (save them from monsters) and they chose him as their leader, ofc he does not like the idea at first
Sugram22Mar 14, 2021 1:51 AM
Apr 5, 2021 11:42 AM
Jan 2010
drdelemental said:
I am interesting what will happen next but at the same time i could care less.

what the fuck

Besides that, the problem with this whole war thing at the end here is that it completely negates whatever they were trying to do the last season. If he basically just wants to conquery the kingdom then why not just cast a mind control spell on the king or something? Don't have to do all the theatrics and it has less chance of making other potential players suspicious. Whatever happened to that anyway? It's like they make that ridiculous plan in the second season just to avoid the other players but here he says fuck it and goes all out anyway.
StardustReverieApr 5, 2021 11:49 AM
Apr 23, 2021 6:16 AM

Sep 2012
@StardustReverie
think mind control is way 2boring, they had well planned strategy for that and new hes name spreads far

Kajo_Senpai69 said:

Sugram22Apr 23, 2021 6:25 AM
May 1, 2021 10:28 AM

May 2011
Gazef’s death is the highlight of the entirety of Overlord, along with Sebas’ arc. It was very emotional and well done. I always respect a man who battles fully knowing he will die; it was for the sake of his duty, honor, King, and comrades. A warrior should not fear death on the battlefield. Such an exemplary head warrior Gazef Stronoff was.

Some of you think he shouldn’t have fought, that it was pointless, etc. however, these comments only show your ignorance, lack of understanding about how the military works, and why you would not be worthy of his position. His King was behind him. What kind of soldier would just run away and let the enemy kill his king? Now, some soldiers did run away, but that was not what they should have done. And Gazef was the Head Warrior; he is not a man who would run away when facing a powerful enemy. That speaks greatly to his extreme bravery that many soldiers lacked.

How many of you would die for your leader without flinching?

Gazef was that type of man. He owed a debt to his king, and he repaid it with his life. Indeed, Ains pulled back afterwards and did not further pursue the king out of respect to gazef’s noble sacrifice. So yes, his death was worth something. The entire Re-estize kingdom would have been destroyed if it were not for Gazef.

Also, Brain and Climb do did not know the extent of Ains’ power as well as we do. In fact, they never saw Ains fight before his duel with Stronoff. None of them know that Sebas is with Ains, or about the Workers/Shalltear incidents. So what Clinb said about Gazef wanting them to see Ains’ strength 1st hand does hold weight, as they now will be less inclined to challenge Momonga and thus avoid death.

It is a shame that Gazef died, but this marks the single greatest and most emotional/tragic incident in the entirety of the story.

Rest In Peace, brave soldier. You will be missed. The 4th season will not be the same without you.

Note: I do wonder, however, what Ains meant by ‘purifying’ Gazef’s body and why Brain refused. Was it related to how Ains killed Gazef? Also can, Re-istize kingdom or anyone else revive the dead? Or is that a skill exclusive to Ains? I remember a man who called himself the King of death to Sebas (one of the 6 arms?).
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
May 21, 2021 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
About how I expected that duel to go down. Whatever, another useless character died. Honestly the entire reason was about introducing characters only for them to die the same or next episode. Or in Gazef's case, just spending time on him only for him to fail miserably.

I think this season is my last. Honestly I have never been that big of a fan of the series, but the first season at least was interesting enough to warrant me watching the next ones. 2nd season messed up with the weird lizard episodes, but a better second half, while this one was just meh all around. I can't say it was bad, it just feels like it's going nowhere.
The only interesting parts are when Ainz or one of his people is on screen. This season it seemed ever worse and them only appearing every once in a while, and instead most of the screentime going to that village couple, the emperor and this trio from the kingdom. Some of the strategies behind his conquest are fun, but overall it really feels like they are just dragging this whole world domination out without any real threat to themselves. That would be fine too if it was at least interesting, and not just showing random people then just killing them.
I know it's not fair, but I can't help but compare this to TenSura. At least that one has a clear goal for Rimuru, some enemies that do feel threatening, and characters who don't immediately die. And even Rimuru's personality is slowly changing to him caring less about those who would harm his people. That show just seems to have more fun with the "game mechanics" aspect. Here Ainz just seems to one time care about a person, then the next scene he just offs anybody and doesn't really care if people die. Not to mention how his ideas are more Demiurge's actually. I guess he just became mad and just has fun crushing people and world domination cause he can? I hope later on at least some other players show up to make it less boring.
And all that bad CGI... Just don't even try going for big battle scenes if that's all they can show. I know it's probably better for budget, but this is just embarassing.

Well, I guess I'll give this season a 6/10 just like the second one, while the first was a 7 at least. Have fun with future seasons to those who can still enjoy this.
Jun 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Oct 2019
"Player vs Player" was such a misleading title.. I am sure everyone must have thought that some other ridiculously strong player from the game Yggdrasil (maybe even one of Ainz's friends) would finally show up to take on Ainz. But no.. it was a misplaced reference to Gazef Stronoff, who was the second "player" in a duel. That was extremely disappointing :/

Three full seasons have passed and neither a second Yggdrasil player has showed up nor has it been even remotely explained why and how the entire Tomb of Nazarick was isekaied in a new world, complete with all its former NPC inhabitants + Momonga. I wonder if that will happen in the fourth season at last or this anime will just go like this until the end - or until it is canned..

Momonga/Ainz and team are in desperate need of a check on their preposterously OP power. Unless / until that happens this anime is only going to get more boring and predictable with each new episode. I'm keeping my hopes up for the fourth season but I am not fully expecting it either, since there hasn't been a single hint of such a "check" showing up any time soon.. Even that apparently strong old lady (one of the 13 Heroes) and the dragon she was talking with were shown in just one scene (at the start of season 2 if I recall correctly) commenting on the threat of Ainz and then they were completely forgotten.. Wtaf?
Jul 22, 2021 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Gazef, true warrior until the end, too bad his opponent was the supreme Ainz.
Nice season (aside from the atrocious cgi) especially now that Ainz made a big move on the world by having his own kingdom.

Jul 22, 2021 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
i can't write hole story but i have a foundation to a new iseaki similar to Overlord, an idea to a story

MC plays a game similar to what Ainz player did but hes not in hes guild base but hes personal base their guild disbanded few days before shutdown, in hes game hes character had keep in the mountains and he was known as God of heaven and hell (u can name the 2differently to) cause he had blood of 2 worlds flowing in him, (hes char backstory) he wanted peace and fix relationship between races demons monsters humans elves beast and more but he was banished for that and declared demon god and he didn't get why until he figured it out each race worshipped 1god and they were pawns in their quarrels if they fought they were like their chess pieces, how they solve their fights if they have no pawns, he has 6 wings the middle wing are demonic bat/dragon like when 4 are angelic white, and 1 day the day of shutdown of the game he falls a sleep and wakes up and sees strange priests around him he was summoned to another world as a champion but as hes char but just like he
https://myanimelist.net/character/143343/Diablo he right away falls in to hes char and says... a god of both blood and their faces are priceless cause they didn't plan to summon something that powerful and cause their world has similar legend but that god was killed it ended with war between demons monsters against gods where he died, the priest are worshippers of a goddess who sympathized with the god of both blood and even fell for him but she was banished to world of mortals as well, and there is kingdom who worships that goddess as well its basically this animes version of Re-Estize Kingdom and they try to be neutral sins they are smaller and weaker then others that's where the cult game from they disagreed with them on that, also all none human races started to worship the god of both blood after hes death sins hes sacrifice saved them cause a kingdom of certain god worshippers tried to use the situation to wipe all none humans out but they do it secretly no temple or anything but won't accept other religions openly neither, mc is more cool headed and bit smarter then Ainz player but hes not goody do shoes and not evil neither but he wouldn't hesitate slaughtering thousands or millions enemies to save hes ppl including sacrificing them to resurrect hes ppl he has power to resurrect life for life so it won't be like he can resurrect ppl with no price, thats why he doen't want to use it so lightly (like if hes ppl are massively slaughtered, type of situation like in reincarnated as slime S2), so unlike ainz he won't slaughter for same reasons ainz did if it happens, and he shows no mercy to bad, if u have no remorse neither will he to u, also he has 6 NPC well who use to be NPC with him in hes pocket dimension separate inventory for NPC/living things, 1is ofc Butler strong fist fighter also no stranger to magic shadow and illusion magic one is hes general and other1 strategist, he will take normal human form meaning hides hes wings and plays caster adventurer and first comes across dying succubus she was betrayed be her own and left for cruel humans to do what they wanted with her, she was sold out, he will make a offer to her live get justice or revenge and become hes warrior it incudes getting hes power power of blood of both world haven and hell so she would also become stronger being still be succubus just with few extra traits ans stronger then she originally was and MC will meet more ppl not in identical but similar situation who he saves one way or the other, but he has power to wipe out kingdoms so hes OP like Ainz but holds back and same way at times is a side char like Ainz was

the ones he saves and protects will be loyal to him to death they can't be swayed against him anyway so is with hes NPC cause he to them is supreme being just like ainz is to Nazarick guardians

world is in some ways similar to overlord same races live there and also the beast kingdom is ruled by dragon or was it dragon kin just like in overlord so this parts are similar but landscape looks different
Sugram22Jul 22, 2021 11:46 AM
Jan 1, 2022 10:34 PM
Apr 2021
Emperor El mix estimated that Ains would be able to kill 2 or 3 thousand. He then deploys 60 thousand troops against the Kingdom. Why was he so confident he would win despite the kingdoms 240 thousand troops and he didn’t know Ains would kill so many.
Feb 22, 2022 3:58 AM

May 2017
Usualy when i play mmorpg and the target get one shot , i dont even call this pvp , its more like "pk" or just clearing weakling , its not even a fight

The maids (actualy shizu) got introduced on season 1 , its the 3rd season and theres almost nothing about them in the main anime

they introduce characters and dont let them shine , thats the only thing they did for 3 seasons , story is still not moving , MC personnality is still locked , introduced characters are useless

Well the girl summoning goblins was actualy able to shine many times , her and shizu are actualy saving the show from a 3/10 , and most of my rating are 7/10 , so its basicaly one of the worst anime ive watched

I hope the 4th season wont be full of new character , if its again the same thing , i guess this is realy going to be the worst anime ive watched 😓

Well time to watch the specials then shield hero and shinchou yuusha and then isekai quartet , they cant be worse than this , isekai are usualy great

But overlord is a fake isekai , the only thing from real world is ainz , and his real personality is hidden
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Feb 28, 2022 1:26 PM

Jan 2021
3 and a half years later we are getting season 4, can't wait

RIP Gazeff

I don't like this brutal Ainz that much though
Mar 28, 2022 9:08 AM

May 2020
finally finished this
it had been on my plan to watch list for way too long
cant wait for s4

May 23, 2022 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
Was a fun ride for me watching all 3 seasons of Overlord back to back over the last 2 - 3 weeks. I can see why people are turned down by the CGI, but my personal enjoyment of the story, the characters and the funny moments overshadow this completely.

Speaking of this final episode. RIP Stronoff. You were an admirable man and someone with such a strong resolve to even protect the kingdom against an overwhelming force like Ainz. I didn't expected time stop + immediate death, but at least so Stronoff had an painless death.

I guess you couldn't have any other reaction than Jircniv's if you hear what Ainz did. It's beyond imagination if you didn't see it with your own eyes.

Climb might be right that Stronoff wanted to give them information about how Ainz fights, but they didn't even see anything. So in my eyes they still don't understand what force they're up against.

I'm glad Ainz hasn't given up on his role as Momon. I was worried now that Nararick was made public, he would abandon Momon. I missed Albedo over the last couple episodes. Hopefully she gets more screen time in S4.

Now with E-Rantel under Ainz's control he's one step closer to world domination. Seeing all the important characters of Nazarick at the end gave this episode a nice touch.

OP's and ED's of all the season were bangers. Enjoyed them a lot, especially the OP of S1 and S3 were standouts for me.

Can't wait for S4 to air in less than 2 months. I'm already excited what direction everything will take. Until then Ainz-sama :D

Jun 24, 2022 9:09 AM

Sep 2012
just dropping by

i say how i would have done it, i would let the Empire take Re-entel city (make sure emperor gets Intel what makes him want to do it) and then empire comes to attack carne village and then i (Ainz) will defend it and also take Re-entel from the empire (making me their savior, and they wont want the incompetent king to rule over them so i would have my kingdom), i would not try to boost momon's rep up so much i would try to make Ainz the bigger hero in the eyes of the ppl and momon is backup plan and Intel-gatherer and a spy
Jun 30, 2022 5:19 AM
Mar 2016
feedback of watching overlord so far up until the end of season 3 anime.
I rated all 3 seasons 6/10. originally I rated 8/10 for 3 of them but sudden change of mind after rewatching them.
too overpowered with no rival. if too much overpowered it's boring. can't believe there is no human or non-human race outside of nazacrick is overpowered that pull a threat. the world item that mind control Shalltear at the end of season 1 so far after the end of S3 have not answer. If there is evil then there will always be justice. I amaze that this anime have demon king but no choosen hero that can be on par with Momonga.

back in 2016 when I watched Overlord S1. I pretty much jump and skipped. all I remember is at final episode Fight Shalltear.
back 2018 the only scene I paid attention and remember the most is Momon save Evileyes.
and S3 is a meh. and I was expecting to see Evileye with Momon again but NO. until now I'm not sure why back in old day why I watch it like that. keep jumping and skipping like Overlord is not worth watching. And now I noticed Overlord IV is coming and I have to rewatch the whole 3 seasons properly and no more skipping.
KinjiKidoJun 30, 2022 5:24 AM
Jul 28, 2022 11:29 PM
Jan 2021
Overlord Seasons 2 n' 3 = zzzzZZZZZZ
Aug 12, 2022 9:53 AM

Mar 2020
bitchassdarius said:
i hope badhouse keeps adapting it so all the ln readers keep being angry

Here 2022, things asked, things due! But looking at the rating for now, people seem to be pretty happy!
Sep 1, 2022 4:42 PM
Dec 2016
was epic as always
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 7:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.