Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2019 5:23 PM

May 2015
UImoetard said:
Weird Hina didn't get fired and just got transferred lol. If she's no longer Natsuo's teacher, then there is no problem with them dating anymore (except they are step-siblings, but other people don't know so).

Well, this anime had tons of problems, but it was entertaining, which is the most important point.

6.5/10

PS: As always, it is entertaining to see the elite manga readers being overly harsh and focus on the negatives.

You'd understand why we're being harsh if you read the manga. Also, yeah, we are focusing on the negatives, because there really aren't many positives.

Mar 29, 2019 6:00 PM

Oct 2015
Hate me all you want but this anime became pretty boring after episode 5/6, i mean its just everyone cheating everyone, after rui knows that natsuo loves Hina she still keeps kissing him, natsuo only wants to fuck sisters thats my honest opinion, and hina... i honestly dont know, you love a married man(plus beeing banged by him for like 2years?!) and suddently after 1 day she "REALISES" she loves her stepbrother to be, yup totally makes sense this "love". i mean this shit looks like a teenager love, teenagers tend to love another person each month, and i kinda would accept that with Rui or Natsuo since they are teens, but Hina? rofl, but yeh both of them are pretty shitty characters, even the side ones.

PS: Manga is the same shit tho, so i should´ve known.. 7/10 (yeh im being kind)
iTzKenzoMar 29, 2019 6:06 PM
Mar 29, 2019 6:01 PM

Apr 2014
I really want to know where this will end up overall, maybe move over to the manga or wait for a hopeful season 2, fml
Mar 29, 2019 7:02 PM

Mar 2017
Imho the real problem of this show, to say the least, is in portraying Hina; I think this show started out interesting turned disappointing after 6th/7th ep onwards when everything went full steam disregarding many chapters and began to center around her. It was a 5 for me since it wasn't "bad", but your average lustfuck anime - but in this last ep they managed to better wrap that along with the ending in a way that this does not need another season.

As I've also thought earlier, this show made me like Rui faster than I have in the manga, and the same in disliking Hina. The major player are definitely the voice actors who amazingly developed and realized the characters to come to life despite clumsy keyframes here and there. This, along with the rocking OP & ED songs, deserve a 6 for me in the end.

Go read the manga.
nr101Mar 29, 2019 7:22 PM
Mar 29, 2019 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
Okay, what the heck?

The ending was absolutely awful. It really irks me when shows like this have no concrete ending. I hated the characters except for Rui.

Thank God this is over and I'm not sure how I got through all of it.
'Dreams Start by Believing' ~ Haruhi Suzumiya

Mar 29, 2019 7:11 PM

Jan 2018
This show was an absolute god damn trainwreck BUT that didn't stop me from enjoying every minute of it
What a beautiful Duwang
Mar 29, 2019 7:58 PM

Oct 2013
TsukuyomiREKT said:
UImoetard said:
Weird Hina didn't get fired and just got transferred lol. If she's no longer Natsuo's teacher, then there is no problem with them dating anymore (except they are step-siblings, but other people don't know so).

Well, this anime had tons of problems, but it was entertaining, which is the most important point.

6.5/10

PS: As always, it is entertaining to see the elite manga readers being overly harsh and focus on the negatives.

You'd understand why we're being harsh if you read the manga. Also, yeah, we are focusing on the negatives, because there really aren't many positives.

Still, some of the hate & hate reviews are just exaggerated, like plenty of 3s,4s and 5s ? Like that 1st review page was eye-cancer when I checked it.

Some people were waiting for the anime to end, some read it during airing to fill-in missing content(like me), and others just went all in and read whatever was out after 1 or a few eps. If it would've been that awful most people would be put off from even trying the source material.

And sure there's plenty of positives in the anime too. As I said in an earlier post, it managed to tell Natsuo's struggles & growth for the adapted chapters well enough, also giving us some insight every now & then with inner monologues which is something a lot of adaptations don't bother at all with. Rui & Hina certainly received their time, though it was a given that there had to be some characterization taken from somewhere to this in 12 eps.

Tbh, I'd say it sacrificed the side characters more than anything, though the more important ones, like Kiriya-sensei still received for screentime than others, which was a correct decision as he plays a more important role as a mentor. Yea, it would've been nice if the events during the camping trip would've been adapted, where quite a few chapters were skipped but people are acting like it cherry picked the most important parts of the manga and specifically skipped them just for the sake of sucking, which we know is hardly the case.

It tell's a spicy romance story that has good start to hook you and end's on a solid note, where the characters still act pretty damn natural and even grow from their experiences, well enough to draw plenty of people to the manga because they wanna see more of this. I'm still rather baffled why DomeKano would get plenty of ratings equivalent to some truly trash anime which fail at almost everything they set out to do.

Mar 29, 2019 8:09 PM

Oct 2010
Yeah....that was a really annoying ending. Animation quality of this show bugged me a lot...it was kinda awkward at times. Overall the pacing felt bad too. Shame. It was one of my favorites when I started the season but now it's sitting right in the middle for me
Mar 29, 2019 8:27 PM

Aug 2016
Lol, so the school covered it up. Okay.....this show was shit. 3/10
Mar 29, 2019 8:31 PM
Jan 2019
It derserves to get those reviews. A terrible adaptation for the best part of the manga.
Mar 29, 2019 8:52 PM
Mar 2019
Oh man. This show. I like to play the 3 episode rule. Applied here this show set the stage for something awesome. So much tension. By ep7 I felt like it fizzled out. At this point (finished) this series is just a frustrating mess.

Natsuo is probably the most frustrating protagonist ever. I'm supposed to believe he has all these feelings for Hina yet he never stops Rui's advances. In this regard I feel like the Rui heroine line is super weak. Outside of that Natsuo seems to be just another selfish idealist.

After the first 3-4 episodes Rui's basically a pointless character who exists to remind you of that good tension in the beginning. For some she may serve as a contrast to Hina, most likely for people who felt Hina was too weak and wish washy/annoying, but I don't think there's enough substance to her to be taken seriously. It seems like she only warmed up to Natsuo because she idolizes her sister.

Hina is probably my favorite character. I feel like she was adequately developed for a single cour romance. Her story falls into quite a few cliches but they're realistic. I know women like her who just go with their feelings and never stop to think. In the end I felt for her the most and was hoping for a time lapse where she and Natsuo reunite making her sacrifice and sudden departure worthwhile. That was my happy ending.

The main pitfall for me was some of the core plot mechanisms. In the beginning the tension around Hina x Natsuo is based around the fact that it's taboo and if word gets out they'll be cut off from the family, etc. In the end the other teacher knew, the parents found out and didnt care (all they said was 'maybe we shouldn't have gotten married' but that's it), and Rui is trying to get her sister's leftovers. I dont see why Hina couldn't have silently left but continued her relationship with Natsuo without any risk or fallout. What happened to all that tension?

First 3 eps, 9.5/10. Final score 6/10. Hina was a decent character who could've had a better ending. I felt for her. The rest is a mess. Huge let down for me but I don't regret watching it.
Mar 29, 2019 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
LOL they didnt even know how to end it. I get that the manga is just ongoing with 200 something chapters and you cant shove that many into 12 episodes but damn was this adaption shit. Every sort of slice of life, comedy, or enjoyment was cut from the manga to the point where the adaption just felt like a lifeless last second trainwreck.

Overall, I have never found an anime make me give less than 2 shits about all of the side characters. None of them had arcs to truly shine as people (im aware that the side characters are better in the manga) and were solely used to sligbtly progress the plot for the main 3

A very “go read the manga you shitbags” kinda ending. 3/10 for me
Mar 29, 2019 9:08 PM

May 2017
Gigguk is right, this anime is pure dumpster fire, but glorious.
Mar 29, 2019 9:53 PM

Apr 2012
This has been one of the guilty pleasures I came to expect from this anime. For those who rated it low and were "disappointed" I betcha you all be back to watch it when it ever gets a 2nd season. See you there šŸ˜
8/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 29, 2019 10:02 PM

Nov 2014
It's a little hard to enjoy this quite as much nearer to the end. In the beginning, I really liked the tension and awkwardness of the scenes. However, once it started progressing, it always felt like something within the character progression didn't feel right and their relationships didn't feel very compelling.

Natsuo is still flaky and it doesn't seem like he really considers the feeling of anyone else. Perhaps the pacing of the anime plays into this, but it feels like he moves on between Hina and Rui way too quickly.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Mar 29, 2019 11:13 PM
Jan 2016
Hina took all the blame and consequences for Natsuo don't have his future ruined as novelist!

Damn, it expressed so well how bad Natsuo felt about "losing" Hina,
and how much it helped him to grow, with help from Fumiya, Rui and Bar Master he decided to continue her novel about Hina to move on, Kirigaya sensei sent her novel to awards and he actually won it!

Rui at the end really shined, that moment was priceless, i am glad she didn't give up!

Overall, it was a good show, it made me feel crazy with feels a lot of times, the problems was kinda real life ones, Op and Ed were just to perfect, i felt crazy every single time i heared that wonderfull opening! Honestly i hope for a second season, and i am really tempted to read manga, and it would eb my first one!
Mar 30, 2019 12:01 AM
Dec 2018
Don't mind me, just wanting to see how many idiots here ignore Rui's bitch-like behaviour and root for her at the end.
Mar 30, 2019 12:58 AM

Nov 2016
so it was really just some random ass dude that took the picture there goes my theories
Mar 30, 2019 1:12 AM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
This show ended on a bittersweet note and left it wide open for a season 2. I hope to god it gets one. I really love anime like this and Scum's Wish. You don't tend to get real "love" stories in anime and it is very refreshing to see some coming out.

Also, I love all the virgins saying this anime is/was shit. Like seriously, turn off your computer and go outside. xD
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Mar 30, 2019 1:20 AM

May 2015
Great. Just like Shuu having a taboo relationship with Hina, Hina does the same with Natsuo...

Wow..this so reminds me of a hentai I watched where the girl leaves for a similar reason. It's heartbreaking...

And with that experience, Natsuo writes an award-winning novel...ON HIS FIRST TRY!

RUI, YOU CUCK!

"I won't hold back for Hina-nee anymore." NEVER MIND! YOU OWN THIS MAN, RUI!

Hina cut her hair short? Oh God, Persona 1 memories. "The next time you see me, I will be a person that you will not recognize."

Domestic na Kanojo...Well for Diomedea being a pretty niche studio, they made the most of what they had to make this series. The best thing about it honestly is Rui's design especially her hair. I can tell that they were cutting a lot of corners when it came to the animation with these last few episodes. That being said, the story was good, but the execution could have been a lot better since it felt like they were jumping from scene to scene in some episodes. As for the characters...THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF CUCKS! ALL OF THEM! I won't lie and say that it was a rather infuriating watch, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it. Cucking is fun!

Final Verdict: Hormonious Relationships/10
Mar 30, 2019 1:27 AM

Nov 2015
okay so finally this trainwreck has come to its destination and i won't ever talk about it again

but before that, no one's gonna mention the exchange between Natsuo's dad and the girls mom when she said "should we not have gotten REMARRIED after all?"???? LIKE WHAT

twistcest?
Mar 30, 2019 1:37 AM

Nov 2018
CaesarZeppelli said:
eb2 said:
the anime adaptation really was shit if im honest but the manga is whats great about this series

What you said, the manga is really good, the anime skipped so many important things that it just feel so rush and forced.
yeah they skipped alot of chapters , even the trip and hina and natsuos scene was pretty rushed
Mar 30, 2019 1:57 AM

Aug 2016
The only part that I discard from this is Natsuo and Hina, I never liked Rui, I think it's very arrogant thinking about herself, she reminded me of Fuuka in the anime somehow

6/10
Mar 30, 2019 2:20 AM
May 2018
Oof,Its finally over.The best thing about this anime is the opening

5/10
Mar 30, 2019 2:30 AM

Dec 2015
Well, glad to see the final episode knew what it wanted. Pretty good.
Oh, wait, what's this with Rui? Ooh... terrible move for the last minutes, wasn't the hero supposed to have outgrow his problems??

3.5/5 -0.5 for the Rui minute.

An okay dramatic story about a teenager's first love pushing him toward growing up, lacking in focus at the beginning (too much side characters) and in character's exploration overall. A movie format could have been better.
Succeeds to spoil its finale within its last minutes.

Score: 5/10 I should stop watching series just because they're on TV.

I also had a personal problem with this show: I was never able to buy the admiration the hero felt for his professor as a teenage crush, even less as love. So, when I saw the recluse scene (that reminded me of me when I failed school rather than some "love depression"), I laughed.

@uninstallthegame If only they had cut out more, they could have used the time to focus on Natsuo's growth. What we have is the strict minimum to infere how he got from point A to B to C.
Rei_IIIMar 30, 2019 2:46 AM
Mar 30, 2019 3:26 AM

Jan 2019
Well the ending was okay but no real conclusions but that was expected. Overall a 6 from me.
Mar 30, 2019 3:42 AM

Jan 2014
Damn this was a frustrating watch. i couldn't have finished this without the 'fast forwarding' option, 4/10.
If only the dumb naive asshat Natsuo would crash and burn in the last episode, instead of all the happy things playing out for him i would have rated it higher! :D
Thankfully this show is over!
Mar 30, 2019 4:29 AM
Mar 2017
Guys which chapters in manga are implemented in this episode 12 of the anime i need to know please respond
Mar 30, 2019 4:44 AM

Jun 2014
As much as I liked the way the story was portrayed the last few episodes felt super rushed. I think this could've been so much more if they just took the time with some of the main characters involved.

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2019 5:08 AM
Apr 2018
eb2 said:
Nurguburu said:
I'm glad that the torture is over....

This show is shit. The OP is better than the anime. 3/10 for the anime
the anime adaptation really was shit if im honest but the manga is whats great about this series

I read the manga and it's not even "great". It gave me a headache throughout.

OP and ED are the only redeeming qualities if this show.
Mar 30, 2019 5:54 AM
Feb 2019
WTF happened in the end ? Rui stole Natsuo from Hina and they live happily ever after ?
Mar 30, 2019 6:02 AM

Mar 2016
Oh shit, no OP, this ep is serious!

In exchange for keeping the relationship between Hina and Natsuo a secret, Hina must transfer to a new school. Damn, all it takes is a single picture of them together, and their perfectly thought lives are ruined, especially for Natsuo. Hina did this so Natsuo can focus on his own dreams without having to sacrifice anything else to follow her, yet he can't help but feel depressed. Respect for everyone who quietly supported Natsuo, especially Rui and Marie (gay bartender) who gave Natsuo some good advice on how he has to shoulder everything and live on his life.

AND FINALLY AFTER 12 EPS, THE PARENTS KNEW ABOUT NATSUO'S NAD HINA'S RELATIONSHIP! They're still in the dark about many other things their children have done...

Now, as Hina hoped Natsuo would do, he's focusing on writing his novel, and boom! He won a 300000 YEN prize which is like around US$2705! That's huge!

Now that Hina is away, Rui won't hold back anymore to be with Natsuo. I am Rui X Natsuo all the way, but this is not the way it should be done. This feels more like Natsuo is cheating on Hina, even though she's not around to care about that anymore. This is not cool Rui...

Domestic na Kanojo, definitely an unusual drama, romance, high school, slice of life show indeed. There's not much show out there that have this kind of drama revolving around forbidden love, much less one where there's no clear harem going on as can be seen in this show where harem is non-existent at most times. To be honest, I don't have any hopes for what will happen knowing that the manga is like 230+ chapters long, which meant that...
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE DRAMA IN DOMESTIC NA KANOJO
Mar 30, 2019 7:10 AM
Feb 2016
Janethan23 said:
This has been one of the guilty pleasures I came to expect from this anime. For those who rated it low and were "disappointed" I betcha you all be back to watch it when it ever gets a 2nd season. See you there šŸ˜
8/10

nah I just won't watch it entirely
Mar 30, 2019 7:11 AM
Feb 2016
Sacerdotisa said:
The only part that I discard from this is Natsuo and Hina, I never liked Rui, I think it's very arrogant thinking about herself, she reminded me of Fuuka in the anime somehow

6/10

funny thing, this studio also made fuuka too and butchered that as well.
Mar 30, 2019 7:31 AM
Jan 2019
Domestic na kanojo = the opening.. nth less nth more
6/10 as i enjoyed some parts here and there...
But the anime didnt add anth in the end..
Side characters dev is 0.. they just stop at introducing characters and pass..
Animation was silly.. ESPECIALLY the backgrounds.. they dont even exist
The idea isnt that bad nd looked promicing at the beginning..
But the writing was either normal and expected.. or just stupid and irrational..
Meh.. no need for s2
Mar 30, 2019 8:26 AM

Jun 2016
I've never been this disappointed by an anime adaption, but this is also my first time watching an anime adaption after I read the manga.

Imo Domestic Girlfriend should be known because of its character developments, but this anime was WAY too rushed to even see any kind of development. I also feel like the character additions (Al, Myu & Momo in particular) were kind of pointless. They got one episode each but they're like nothing else but pointless side characters. If they wouldnt have skipped that many manga chapters, these three characters would have had a way bigger role. I also don't get the point of the rushed story. The three main characters were on a rollercoaster of emotions, but you just couldnt follow those emotions, because there were too many events after one each other.

But the most hilarious thing is introducing another character in the final episode and giving him like 2min screen time. Just please dont do that.

The only things that kind of saved this anime was the art and the music.

Tl;dr : Poor story and characters, great art and music. The classic : Go read the Manga.

(Btw. best girl Marie ( Ķ”° ĶœŹ– Ķ”°) )
Mar 30, 2019 9:15 AM

Apr 2018
I was almost about to drop it after 3-4 episode but it was fun. The opening and ending song are so good.
Overall-6/10
Mar 30, 2019 9:34 AM

Feb 2012
I'm glad they didn't play up the humiliation of being caught too much. It felt like ripping off bandage quick rather than slowly peeling it off.

I really love the side characters in this show. Natsuo has some true friends and I'm glad it worked out for him in the end.

Not sure if there's really enough for a second season but I'd be willing to watch it if one came along.

Enjoyable ride. Cringey at times, many pauses were had throughout the watching of these episodes. But definitely one of the better ones of the season. Consistently good - that's Domestic na Kanojo.
Mar 30, 2019 9:51 AM
Aug 2018
Such a meaningless end for me. They forced it to much. Read the manga and you'll feel a big gap emotion between those.
Mar 30, 2019 10:31 AM
Nov 2014
THE END
it is so fucking bad anime . worst characters i have ever seen .
i am glad that this anime ended
Mar 30, 2019 11:12 AM

Jan 2017
Well, the finale confirmed the blanks... they were captured by the camera because of a hired photographer -explains the quality. Then again, if it's a professional camera, then I dont get the grain (I'm just nitpicking, haha)

I'm still rooting for Rui; I felt as though she wore the wig on purpose, but hey, who cares. She still wants him

Here's to hoping for a renewal
Mar 30, 2019 11:44 AM

Nov 2009
The worst anime adaption of some manga ever.
Any explanation is worthless to a blind hater, any criticism is worthless to a blind fanboy.
Mar 30, 2019 11:52 AM
Oct 2012
I give this show a 6/10. I gave an extra point for the art because it never looked like complete utter shite. I enjoyed the opening, the attempt to have drama between Rui and Hina. I am upset at the boneheaded moves Natsuo did for his sisters but somehow had emotional depth with Momo and the green haired girl, only to not ever be given significant time on screen again.

I'll do what they wanted and use the anime as promotion for the manga and read it. I'm more than certain there's a lot to love when not hampered by deadlines.
Mar 30, 2019 12:33 PM

Jan 2016
If you'll think this is bad, wait till you read the manga. It becomes even more of a clusterfuck.

6/10 because they adapted the part that was an enjoyable clusterfuck, also a point for the opening
Mar 30, 2019 1:01 PM

Nov 2018
yvanedisco said:
eb2 said:

I read the manga and it's not even "great". It gave me a headache throughout.

OP and ED are the only redeeming qualities if this show.
well everyone has their own tastes i guess
Mar 30, 2019 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
Team Rui Won!
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah boiiiiiiiiii
Mar 30, 2019 2:47 PM

Aug 2016
Supersky said:
funny thing, this studio also made fuuka too and butchered that as well.

Exactly for that reason.
Mar 30, 2019 4:41 PM
Jul 2017
Mehh

Like the series a lot in general, but kinda bad final 2 episodes.
This show need to be a real crude adaptation, i mean, with everything that happens in the anime is like 2 seasons worth of manga chapters and it miss a lot of entretaining points.

However is a show worth watching for lovesick people.
Mar 30, 2019 4:55 PM

May 2015
Man, this really sucks. So many people are going to avoid the manga now because of how bad this adaptation is...

Mar 30, 2019 5:16 PM
Mar 2015
Art is born of sadness and suffering Ain't it the truth
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

156 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

145 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.