Forum Settings
Forums

So... I kind of made decision to never watch these titles. I will never give them chance, no matter how high their score is.

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 5, 2019 1:07 AM
Dec 2017
lmao you not watching an anime because of a little detail that you dont like is stupid as hell xD
P.S Kimi no na wa is a really good anime
Feb 5, 2019 1:22 AM

Feb 2015
Mob Psycho, because the MC looks like a .....
i dont even know how to describe it
Feb 5, 2019 1:47 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This is the equivalent of those threads I see every season whining about “how come this has an 8+ guys, it’s garbage”

:T
Feb 5, 2019 1:49 AM

Mar 2017
this would be a nice thread if the title and content was focused on "what shows are you never going to watch?"

on topic tho, I put Nisekoi on-hold for 2-3 years now and still haven't got back to it. I also want to say isekais but shows with an actual plot like Shield Hero makes me think otherwise
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Feb 5, 2019 2:18 AM

Nov 2010
I guess my list of won't watch would mostly include some mainly ecchi, harem, incest, lolicon etc. themed animes. I think those genres are what's wrong in anime and what ruins lot of anime. I can ignore ecchi or harem if they aren't that relevant for the show, but it does irk me.

I also doubt I'll watch some darker shows like Tokyo Ghoul or Deadman Wonderland. I don't mind show being dark or adult-themed, quite like many of those, but I guess the edgier(for lack of better word) shows are bit unappealing to me.
Feb 5, 2019 7:20 AM

Jan 2018
honeycrush said:
I'll never watch hellsing ultimate, psycho pass, tokyo ghoul, sao, hunter x hunter 2011

Simply because i don't think i'll like them
well you are missing out imo especially with HxH. one of the best shounens i have ever seen
Feb 5, 2019 8:33 AM

Nov 2018
Light_Yagami666 said:
honeycrush said:
I'll never watch hellsing ultimate, psycho pass, tokyo ghoul, sao, hunter x hunter 2011

well you are missing out imo especially with HxH. one of the best shounens i have ever seen

I'm not into shounen anime, the only one i like is one piece, so it's not the genre for me
Feb 5, 2019 8:41 AM

Aug 2009
Obligatory "Highschool DxD because fuck harems" post goes here.

Feb 5, 2019 8:54 AM

Jun 2016
animes with bland male protagonists that have absolutely no personality. unfortunately, i've watched a few anime with those kinds of main characters. but i'll never watch

-sao
-re: zero
-danmachi

those are the top 3 worst that i can name at the top of my head, but any kind of harem with boring ass guys are out in my list lol
i've been a weeb since i was in the womb
Feb 5, 2019 8:56 AM
May 2018
No one is 100% open-minded, it's natural. So yes, there are some animes I wouldn't give a chance even if I was told it's the greatest show ever.
But instead of "genres", I will rather talk about "elements":

- too much moe is a no-go for me. I hate it when they do cute stuff only for the sake of making cute stuff. I don't mind a few cute elements in it (I even enjoyed K-On a lot), as long as it's not too much.
- ugly/lazy art. I simply can't stand an anime with ugly visuals. That includes a lot of Toei stuff, like One Piece, Kanon (2002), Dragon Ball series (well, I did watch this when I was a kid and didn't realize how bad that was for my eyes). My Hero Academia is also a no-go for me because of the art.
- anime length. Fortunately the anime industry seems to understand that not everyone has time to watch HUNDREDS of episodes of only one show. When I was in school I did watch Bleach, Naruto, Pokemon, but today I would definitely not bother watching any of these. It's just way too long, I don't want to spend my free time watching it!

Aside from that, I don't think there's anything that would really put me off.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Feb 5, 2019 9:08 AM
Dec 2018
Basically any Slice of Life that doesn't focus on comedy. (I'm numb to fictional drama so stuff like Kimi no Nawa bore me to death.)
Feb 5, 2019 9:22 AM
Apr 2018
Psajdak said:
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, and everything related to it.

Stuff that adapts Reki Kawahara's works, although I did see first 13 episodes of SAO, and entire AW series, and AW OVA...
But I learned my lesson.

High School DxD. From what I know, the only good thing about this are hentai fanarts.

Monogatari series. People tell me all the time that this is harem franchise that is actually awesome, and I say, sorry folks, but I have no interest in one guy being sorrounded by beautiful girls, unless he is an orc, pig orc, middle aged school janitor, evil warlord who enslaved the entire Holy Elven Forest, or Ryuichi Kaizu from Aoki Hono, or simply just random evil demon with tentacles.

Kimi no Na wa. Because it's made by Makoto Shinkai, and it's probably one more of his movies filled with disgusting feels, and melodrama, and I'm at that point in life when I just don't want stuff that makes me feel bad, and down.

No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.

There is probably a lot more, but I'm bored to mention it all.

Do you folks also have stuff that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give even a tiny bit of your attention, no matter how much others praise it.

Enjoy in thread.

i watch every thing to see a good or i feel bad and some of anime to make me easy to sleep if boring or none sense the best way to use for slepping 3 mins instant sleep
Feb 5, 2019 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
The salt in this thread is beautiful. I don't understand the hate. Who cares who watches or not watches what and for what reasons.
Feb 5, 2019 10:10 AM
Nov 2018
tragedydesu said:
->stuff like ping pong / the tatami galaxy : the art is just not for me
->harems (Gotoubun no Hanayome,We Never Learn) , edgy love triangles (Domestic na Kanojo,Kuzu no Honkai)
->any Romance with tsundere female lead (znt,shana,toradora,kaguya ....)

Ping pong the animation is a really good anime, it is a sports masterpiece and i enjoyed the art style since it the characterist of my favorite director in anime. I also can understand why some peopñe can find it's art style off putting but i just can't imagine it with a different art style.
Feb 5, 2019 11:13 AM

Nov 2013
Drovac said:
TheBigGuy said:
I usually give everything a chance. But I have zero interest in Monster, since it takes place in Germany. On top of the plot not being particularly interesting.

Yeah don't bother with it. People like you are too stupid to understand the greatness of Monster.

Well, I have valid reasons to not be interested in it. But you immediately resorted to using an insult.

Thanks for proving my point, I guess.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 5, 2019 12:12 PM

Jan 2018
I'm just hesitant to watch certain series
Feb 5, 2019 12:12 PM
May 2018
Guys, everyone is welcome in this thread, but please without insults on someone's IQ.
Feb 5, 2019 12:14 PM

Aug 2018
That is bad decision you should at least give it a try (I watch at least 1 ep before I drop some anime)

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Feb 5, 2019 12:16 PM
May 2018
Animere1 said:
That is bad decision you should at least give it a try (I watch at least 1 ep before I drop some anime)
It's fine...
I already have tons of stuff to watch anyway, or games to play.

Feb 5, 2019 12:16 PM

May 2016
Psajdak said:
Guys, everyone is welcome in this thread, but please without insults on someone's IQ.
So, why exactly did you make this tread?
Feb 5, 2019 12:17 PM

Feb 2016
I decided never watch HXH 2011........
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Feb 5, 2019 12:18 PM
May 2018
Reshiram_IX said:
Psajdak said:
So that everyone here can broadcast to the entire planet what anime they don't intend to watch, even if anime is the best thing ever.
Feb 5, 2019 12:39 PM

May 2016
Psajdak said:
Reshiram_IX said:
So that everyone here can broadcast to the entire planet what anime they don't intend to watch, even if anime is the best thing ever.
Oh really? Seemed like you were asking for hate. “No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.” No Game No Life isn’t even a harem. If that’s not a shit post then I don’t know what is.
Feb 5, 2019 1:23 PM

Sep 2012
Psajdak said:

Kimi no Na wa. Because it's made by Makoto Shinkai, and it's probably one more of his movies filled with disgusting feels, and melodrama, and I'm at that point in life when I just don't want stuff that makes me feel bad, and down.

Quite honestly, that movie blows all of his other works out of the water, and you'd probably find it uplifting.
Feb 5, 2019 1:24 PM

Nov 2013
Drovac said:
TheBigGuy said:

Well, I have valid reasons to not be interested in it. But you immediately resorted to using an insult.

Thanks for proving my point, I guess.

Well yeah people like you just aren't smart enough to comprehend the masterpiece Monster is. Your brain would just explode trying to watch an anime with any sort of complexity, therefore you wont be able to understand the greatness that this anime is. One must have to have a certain level of IQ to understand how good Monster is. You don't meet the required level of IQ, so yeah that's why you cant get into it. I also don't understand how you think the plot isn't interesting when you haven't even watched it. Do you even know what a plot is?

I'll just assume, that the whole IQ diatribe is you memeing for your sake.

Because I have seen a lot of thriller and mystery movies and series and know what I like and find interesting. That's called being experienced, I don't have to watch every single thing.

In fact I do.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 5, 2019 2:43 PM

Feb 2015
No, I don't have anything I am inherently biased against as I have no genre preference. It's too close minded to judge shows I haven't seen a second of based on assumptions I have about them that might be entirely false.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Feb 5, 2019 2:53 PM

Nov 2017
Psajdak said:
Akerakai said:
Another day and another crappy thread made by you
Please, don't tell me you are another one of those guys who selfinsert themselves into MC's shoes, to feel like they are dating best grills. :/

That's what your favorites are telling me.

Sora doesn't have some "grill" he is dating in No Game No Life, so i'm confused why you would falsely assume that his favorites are solely focused around harems. As for Steins Gate, the amount of emphasis placed on the dreaded "harem" aspect is so minuscule that I can't fathom why you would group that show with other harem garbage.
Feb 5, 2019 2:56 PM
May 2018
Reshiram_IX said:

Oh really? Seemed like you were asking for hate. “No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.” No Game No Life isn’t even a harem. If that’s not a shit post then I don’t know what is.

I included "seems" in my sentence, meaning I'm not too sure if it is harem or not, but even if it isn't, everything where there is one male MC, and multiple girls is for me unbearable to watch.

And to be honest, the way how I feel about harems, word garbage is too gentle.

As for that Makoto Shinkai's movie, maybe one day I will go nuts, and decide to watch all of his works in order of release, but really doubt it.
I don't hate the guy, just to be clear.

@Graydonian: The main problem I have with harems isn't MC getting all the girls, it's the fact that any other guy is threated like crap, ignored, or simply just there so that MC looks even better in comparison.
Feb 5, 2019 6:00 PM

Mar 2018
Akerakai said:
Another day and another crappy thread made by you

Another day,another loser who cant respect other opinions.
Feb 5, 2019 6:00 PM

Mar 2018
Great thread. like you said,re:zero is bad.
Feb 5, 2019 7:16 PM
Nov 2018
no explanation to why you don't want to watch rezero?
Feb 5, 2019 7:17 PM
Nov 2018
oh and btw you shouldn't be so quick to judge series, since it just makes you come off as a douche.
Feb 5, 2019 7:38 PM

Apr 2018
Techon6002 said:
Great thread. like you said,re:zero is bad.
u said that it is great and i said that it is bad.respect my opinion.
Feb 6, 2019 12:03 AM

Dec 2018
Every old anime tbh like 2005 and older

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• ᴗ •` )

I wish i could love myself~

Feb 6, 2019 8:58 AM

Jul 2016
I think it's a bit silly to NEVER give them a chance. There have been many animes that I thought I would despise just based on their premise and characters, but once I gave them a try, I surprisingly enjoyed them.

One Punch Man, for example, sounds ridiculous when you describe it. It's about a bald guy running around his city defeating all his enemies in one punch. Initially, I didn't understand the appeal. What's the point in watching an anime if there's no climax or development? If he's just going to defeat all the enemies he comes across, why should I even care for what's happening?

But then I give the anime a try and im instantly hooked. All the characters are witty and colorful, the animation is stellar, the humor is quirky and weird, it parodies shounen tropes brilliantly, and the story goes in an interesting direction. Saitama isn't just an OP god, he's a character going through his own existential crisis. He's looking for that fight that brings him to the edge, that makes him cough up blood and use all his strength. You want him to encounter an enemy that pushes him to his absolute limit.

I'm getting off track, but I suggest you just try them because you never know until you do.
nashdashinFeb 7, 2019 5:57 PM
Feb 6, 2019 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
I’m sure some people have enjoyed monogatari as “just a harem” but it also happens to have some of the most beautiul directing and art direction in tv anime, in my opinion

I think writing it off under silly base level conceptions is pretty short sighted
Feb 6, 2019 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
I did not like any of those series, either, so you are not missing out on much.
Oh, but I have not seen Kimi no Na wa yet. It sounds interesting.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Feb 6, 2019 10:42 AM
Nov 2018
Well, I'm not gonna say anything about your taste but i would like to say that Don't judge a book by it's cover at least watch 5-7 episodes of those anime if you haven't tried them. That's all
Feb 6, 2019 11:34 AM

Feb 2018
U do know that the blog function is a thing right ?
Feb 6, 2019 11:39 AM
Nov 2018
Bunsuke said:
TunyVuny said:
Well, I'm not gonna say anything about your taste but i would like to say that Don't judge a book by it's cover at least watch 5-7 episodes of those anime if you haven't tried them. That's all

okay this is ridiculous you don’t need to watch something for 2 hours to know if you will like it lol

Well, if i badmouth about anything i'll need to know something bad about it, so it's not that you didn't watch a anime & still badmouth about it.

At least it takes 5-7 episodes for an anime to come into it's form. Well that's just my theory for me, it was just my point of view. It's okay if you don't agree with me, bro
Feb 7, 2019 2:03 PM
May 2018
There is just on thing about Monogatari series that interests me, why is one male character Deishu sometimes described as best girl...

Not that I will ever find out, but there is that.
Feb 7, 2019 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
Dang I misplaced my Normie Begone™ Spray! What shall we do with Psajdak?
Feb 7, 2019 2:15 PM

Oct 2017
tragedydesu said:
->stuff like ping pong / the tatami galaxy : the art is just not for me
->harems (Gotoubun no Hanayome,We Never Learn) , edgy love triangles (Domestic na Kanojo,Kuzu no Honkai)
->any Romance with tsundere female lead (znt,shana,toradora,kaguya ....)

Kaguya is a pretty good comedy, it's nothing else but that so I wouldn't consider the fact that she is a tsundere as something too important

Great profile pic tho
Feb 7, 2019 2:27 PM
Jan 2019
CordobezEverdeen said:
honeycrush said:

You rated Lucky Star with a 6 and Aki Sora with a 2 so obviously your opinion doesnt matter.
(I hope that people on the 2019 year are smart enough to not need this /s )

your opinion doesnt fucking matter you gave a 10 to noragami arogoto, a 4 to one punch man and a 3 to konosuba i think youre delusional
Feb 7, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2018
chikenlicker said:

your opinion doesnt fucking matter you gave a 10 to noragami arogoto, a 4 to one punch man and a 3 to konosuba i think youre delusional

Dude you are honestly answering to a joke post. I even put and /s at the end.
OPM is predictable as hell, Knsuba is absolute garbage and Noragami can move forward despite its flaws so i definitely enjoyed it more than a guy shaking some panties like it was the best thing it had happened in his life.
You also gave a 10 to Eromanga Sensei so i shouldnt be surprised at the fact that you are incredibly iliterate.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Feb 7, 2019 4:59 PM

Oct 2008
Aku no hana
Ping pong the animation
Ajin
Initial D
Space Dandy
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
Houseki no Kuni
Feb 8, 2019 12:07 AM
Jan 2019
CordobezEverdeen said:
chikenlicker said:

Dude you are honestly answering to a joke post. I even put and /s at the end.
OPM is predictable as hell, Knsuba is absolute garbage and Noragami can move forward despite its flaws so i definitely enjoyed it more than a guy shaking some panties like it was the best thing it had happened in his life.
You also gave a 10 to Eromanga Sensei so i shouldnt be surprised at the fact that you are incredibly iliterate.

first, i was joking about eromanga sensei, if i was serious id give it a 2.
second, OPM is meant to be predictable because you know saitama is going to win everytime, you see everyone else struggling to beat something and youre just waiting for saitama to come in and absolutely fuck everything up.

Konosuba is meant to be a comedy so its meant to be like that because it probably was the best thing that happened in his life, but what i mean is that the story isnt meant to be amazing because its a COMEDY.

noragami arogoto is an ok anime but its not good enough to give it a 10, the first arc was way better than the second one and it has some things which arent explained like how did they find out his true name or how yato used yukine to destroy the eye of heaven thing or whatever its called using a fucking energy wave or some shit. also the characters are quite bad except for the main trio, bishamon and kazuma, this might be because we dont know their backstory but their personalities are quite bad. for example kofuku and daikoku are just there for the sake of being there, they dont do anything except for making a rift so yato can get out of the underworld but even then they only help ebisu and dont do anything to help yato come out. i think the story is quite good but it has many other flaws.

this turned out longer than what i wanted it to be but ok
Feb 8, 2019 12:10 AM

May 2017
...okay, what was the point of this thread?
Mar 23, 2019 5:51 AM
May 2018
I also won't be watching 2nd season of Re:Zero kara etc...
Mar 23, 2019 5:54 AM

Apr 2015
Aren't you an interesting person...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 9 hours ago

35 by Cronosmu »»
2 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

50 by TsutanaiFuun »»
11 minutes ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

10 by TheMechaManiac »»
19 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

67 by Spunkert »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

33 by deg »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.