Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 20, 2018 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
and the power of love finally prevails
Oct 20, 2018 7:59 PM

Oct 2015
The first 3 episodes were great, I really enjoy it. This is gonna be my AOTS with slime if it keep the quality.
Oct 20, 2018 9:09 PM

Mar 2012
Thought it would be mainly about the two MCs but seems like it is similar to monogatari series.
Oct 20, 2018 10:11 PM
Jan 2017
confess in front of school building huh, i really like this episode,.. but the syndrome thing.. its like im watching Charlotte..
Oct 21, 2018 4:58 AM

Sep 2011
The moment he remembered Mai, damn I totally feel it as well...

Oct 21, 2018 9:07 AM
May 2018
This episode was so good... I'm in absolute love with this series
Oct 21, 2018 10:11 AM
Sep 2017
After All just happened They didn't even kiss at The End I really want them to Kiss Already <3 <3 <3 :P and so the only way for everybody to see her is Making Rumors of Sakuta and Mai being Lovers around School xd Brilliant and Embarrassing
All of The Anime Couples I know These 2 are really Unique of how they interact and talk to each other <3 :D
Oct 21, 2018 11:41 AM

Feb 2005
Atmosphere huh. So that's what the Japanese call the NPC script.
Oct 21, 2018 2:36 PM
Jan 2017
That scene around 18ish minutes in actually caused me to physically cringe
The intended reaction, nice job, show. Anything that succeeds in getting the indented emotional reaction from me gets a nice 9/10. We’ll see if the show deserves to keep it.
Oct 21, 2018 4:52 PM

Aug 2015
Mega cringe confession and suddenly she's back in action. Huh?

I still like the characters but I wish they could go a little bit lighter with the supernatural stuff. Oh, are we getting a new girl next week or what..? I'm confused now, I don't want them to do something where mc goes to save a bunch of cute girls from being invisible, I wish they would keep it focused on their relationship.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 21, 2018 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
Wait, the problem got solved already!? I don't know how to feel about this. I was expecting this to continue till the end of the anime. It seems it's not gonna be only about the two main characters. Now I have to really change my outlook on this anime.
Albi-kunOct 21, 2018 9:01 PM
Oct 22, 2018 2:38 AM

Jan 2018
Wow, that confession was so intense, it's almost the best "confession scene in an anime" I've seen yet.
Oct 22, 2018 4:30 AM

Apr 2013
That was a good episode. I'm now interested how the story gonna develop with more characters to be added
Oct 22, 2018 7:42 PM

Apr 2017
This anime continues to go beyond what I expected. This is legit proof to never judge an anime by its title.
Oct 23, 2018 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
I love its ED and for some reason its really refreshing to watch this anime
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Oct 23, 2018 7:57 PM
Sep 2018
It was actually really good and heartwarming...I even enjoyed the cringiness from the confession...it seems though that they’ll be making more episodes, but the anime is as good as is...

Also, did anyone else by chance see that they’re making a movie in 2019?!?!?!
Can’t wait!!,

I would also like to add that one of the genres should be ecchi as well...the guy acts a little perverted in episodes 2 & 3
Oct 24, 2018 12:17 AM
Aug 2018
Groenboys said:
Worst thing about being invisible for others: You cannot pet good bois.

You are absolutely right.
Oct 24, 2018 4:28 AM
Oct 2018
I hope this anime sticks with the main relationship and doesn't do a 180 and turn into the omnibus format of an anime.
Oct 24, 2018 8:13 AM

Apr 2015
I'm telling in my mind that that's the ending of a short novel. you could say its a fitting end it felt that it was. beside the cringe that is.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 24, 2018 8:46 AM
Aug 2018
Best episode so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2018 10:05 AM

Apr 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it seems people don't remember Mai...

The weird thing here is that Sakuta seems to be the only person who remembers her. Sounds really strange honestly. In the meantime, Sakuta hopes to make Mai more visible as a member of society.

I think in general, this show/episode retains a mystique in regards to its social content while the character relationship between Sakuta/Mai is constantly developing. That was also a hell of a confession out there.
I'd say that the amount of direct and emotional contact made him able to keep his memories for this long, also what brought them back.

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Oct 25, 2018 8:30 AM

Oct 2017
i'm SHAKING bitch
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Oct 26, 2018 6:00 AM

Aug 2018
This might have already been covered, but I have a question: At any point does Mai know that sleeping will cause others to forget about her?

She seems to understand with the way she talks to Sakuta right before he falls asleep. ("I've been alone before; I'll be alright" "Goodbye" tears, etc)

Then she's upset with him the following day for forgetting her.

Is she just messing with him during the confession scene on the field? Or something else?
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 26, 2018 9:26 AM

Aug 2014
I am glad that there is already episode 4 aired by now, because when I was watching the middle of this 3 episode I became sad that I would have to wait few days for when he remembers her. Happily he remembered her in same episode and this is first time in a while that I liked when anime story went very fast! ;]
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 26, 2018 1:14 PM

Aug 2018
This "romance" progressed way too fast IMO. I'm not invested in these bland characters so why would I care if they get together? Beneath all the pretentious "witty" banter and surreal nonsense story, it's basically just a checklist of anime highschool romcom cliches.
Oct 27, 2018 6:54 AM

Jan 2016
Eh. It was one of the best episodes of the series so far, but I'm still a bit cynical about how Mai said "You promised not to forget!" even though she's the one who made him forget by making him sleep in the first place. And she knew she would be forgotten by making him sleep, so the only person she should blame is herself.

But I guess this adds realism to her character. Real people tend to be hypocritical. Still irked me a bit though.

Otherwise, a great episode. I didn't expect him to shout out in front of the school, what a smart move. Hopefully it doesn't go downhill from here with the other girls.
Oct 27, 2018 7:00 AM

Aug 2018
ButadonMeitantei said:
Eh. It was one of the best episodes of the series so far, but I'm still a bit cynical about how Mai said "You promised not to forget!" even though she's the one who made him forget by making him sleep in the first place. And she knew she would be forgotten by making him sleep, so the only person she should blame is herself.

But I guess this adds realism to her character. Real people tend to be hypocritical. Still irked me a bit though.

That bothered me too. How did Mai know sleeping would cause people to forget her? She wasn't involved in any of Sakuta and Rio's conversations. Did she just figure it out on her own?
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 27, 2018 7:05 AM

Jan 2016
Spannerhead said:
ButadonMeitantei said:

That bothered me too. How did Mai know sleeping would cause people to forget her? She wasn't involved in any of Sakuta and Rio's conversations. Did she just figure it out on her own?

I guess she did. She probably connected the fact that Sakuta wasn't sleeping and that Sakuta was the only one who could see her. That was hinted I think when she looked in the classroom during Sakuta's exam and saw him.
Oct 27, 2018 7:18 AM

Aug 2018
ButadonMeitantei said:

I guess she did. She probably connected the fact that Sakuta wasn't sleeping and that Sakuta was the only one who could see her. That was hinted I think when she looked in the classroom during Sakuta's exam and saw him.

Maybe. I wish the show had made that more explicit. I mean, I like that she knew; her talking to Sakuta as he finally fell asleep was one of the show's genuinely sweet moments (and a moment during which we got to see the "real" Mai since she wasn't teasing him or beating around the bush verbally).

I guess the facade went back up the next day when she got upset with him for forgetting. It seemed awfully like a power play so she could get him to apologize for something she's really responsible for. Kind of a b**** move if so.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 27, 2018 7:20 AM

Jan 2016
Spannerhead said:
ButadonMeitantei said:

Maybe. I wish the show had made that more explicit. I mean, I like that she knew; her talking to Sakuta as he finally fell asleep was one of the show's genuinely sweet moments (and a moment during which we got to see the "real" Mai since she wasn't teasing him or beating around the bush verbally).

I guess the facade went back up the next day when she got upset with him for forgetting. It seemed awfully like a power play so she could get him to apologize for something she's really responsible for. Kind of a b**** move if so.

Couldn't have put it better myself, haha.
Oct 28, 2018 12:12 PM
Nov 2016
Very good episode.

The subject matter is pretty much a commentary on man's inherent need to be acknowledged and how if one isn't acknowledged, one feels like they don't exist.

The climax was something out of a Shinkai movie, pretty emotional but charming and hopeful at the same time.

I like the way they wrapped this story up, we'll probably get a new syndrome from a new person now.

I'm happy that people remember Mai now.
Oct 28, 2018 6:59 PM
Mar 2014
No one remmembers Mai :/
Oct 30, 2018 10:27 AM

Jul 2016
i still wonder what people that have no memory of mai see, when sakuta and her are interacting? What is physical impact doing on that perception from mai. There are some odd questions.
Nov 1, 2018 4:54 AM

May 2017
ough.. this "syndrome" shit is made overly complicated.. i still don't really understand it that much other than the whole atmosphere thing and that in order to remember mai, he had to override the memories people had on her or something like that.
Nov 1, 2018 9:52 AM

Oct 2013
well, I guess the anime is over now. Everything is resolved, there's no longer any reason to keep watching.

and this was the lamest title drop in the history of mankind. I mean first of all, the title is fucking stupid, and second, what the fuck is a rascal even? why is it so weird for the word "rascal" to be thrown around like this?

Anyway, this was as delightful as the last episode and also a rollercoaster of emotions, but... I guess we're doing a "girl of the week" format type of thing? I dunno if I'm excited for that. Not when an arc only lasts 3 episodes... we'll see.

I would end this here and rate it a 7/10 cuz there is no reason to keep watching but I'm just not that kinda guy.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 2, 2018 4:16 PM

May 2018
Tbh, dialogues and interactions felt rather realistic to me up to that point. But that conclusion with the shout out over the whole school ground blew everything out of proportion.
Seems like the author wrote himself against a wall if that was the best thing he/she could come up with.
Nov 3, 2018 1:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Intense and cool love declaration for close this arc!!! ;)
Nov 5, 2018 12:36 AM

Mar 2014
nice episode but that confession was super embarrassing to watch
Nov 7, 2018 3:02 AM

May 2015
And... that's it?
I thought they'll go around this problem for much longer. Not sure if I'm interested in other Syndrome cases.
Nov 7, 2018 7:12 AM

Apr 2015
Ten said:
And... that's it?
I thought they'll go around this problem for much longer. Not sure if I'm interested in other Syndrome cases.

If you expect this to be episodic or even an omnibus format, then I can tell you that this ain't it. There is an overarching story going on that certainly hasn't ended with Mai's problem being resolved.
Nov 7, 2018 9:15 AM

May 2015
Fappa said:
Ten said:
And... that's it?

If you expect this to be episodic or even an omnibus format, then I can tell you that this ain't it. There is an overarching story going on that certainly hasn't ended with Mai's problem being resolved.

Yeah, I thought it'll have a separate stories format, but after watching 5th episode I am more reassured now.
Nov 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Jun 2015
That happy reunion ruined it. It just was way too early. But all in all a very good episode.
Nov 12, 2018 6:10 PM

Mar 2017
I’m glad he solved the problem (in an embarrassing way), I can say for sure that my boi is smooth! I’m really invested in these two.
Nov 13, 2018 12:01 PM

May 2016
Their chemistry continues to be fantastic tho.
Nov 17, 2018 4:48 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What a phenomenal episode, so heartbreaking, it(s only been three episodes, I just can't imagine how intense and hard this would get.
I totally I'm all for the main ship, although it wouldn't hurt if we get to see more of the girl he met at the part that day.
This whole atmosphere thing is still a bit confusing to me, like how did they still managed to remember her before even when they could get all the sleep they needed, and what assures them they aren't going to forget about her the day after?
Nov 19, 2018 7:19 PM

Jul 2016
Man, this little arc was really good. I felt so invested with this couple in just 3 episodes, I'm really surprise with this show, being honest.

Personally, that confession felt really awkward but I guess that's the point I mean, if the point was to break this "atmosphere", what a better way to do it by doing something that everyone will remember even after graduation.

I also like the fact that Sakuta remembered Mai in an unconsciously way. Since "consciousness" was the main reason of Mai's problem, Sakuta remembering her again didn't look like something "out of nowhere".

I kinda wish this series ends here but that's not the case. I just hope the next arcs to be as good as this one.
SouthRzVaNov 19, 2018 7:32 PM
Nov 19, 2018 9:56 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
SouthRzVa said:
Man, this little arc was really good. I felt so invested with this couple in just 3 episodes, I'm really surprise with this show, being honest.

Personally, that confession felt really awkward but I guess that's the point I mean, if the point was to break this "atmosphere", what a better way to do it by doing something that everyone will remember even after graduation.

I also like the fact that Sakuta remembered Mai in an unconsciously way. Since "consciousness" was the main reason of Mai's problem, Sakuta remembering her again didn't look like something "out of nowhere".

I kinda wish this series ends here but that's not the case. I just hope the next arcs to be as good as this one.

Yeah, that arc was amazing. I haven't watched anime since darling in the franx in early summer, and then years before that point, this show is reminding me that every so often I'm missing out on something great.

I really, really, really like this show so far.
Nov 20, 2018 7:16 AM

Apr 2015
Eoussama said:

This whole atmosphere thing is still a bit confusing to me, like how did they still managed to remember her before even when they could get all the sleep they needed, and what assures them they aren't going to forget about her the day after?

Basically the atmosphere is synonymous to the social norm of a particular environment. It became the social norm within school and eventually the general public to slowly forget or outright ignore Mai's existence. It was a gradual thing as what became normal changed over time. Sakuta was someone to go along with what the social norm is but Mai is what sparked this desire to go against the flow. This coupled with his very personal connection to Mai made him hold out for so long. Kunimi & Futaba were able to hold out longer than the majority of people because they had a closer tie to Mai through Sakuta.

As to why he managed to remember her? Well, you see the atmosphere tends to differ depending on the social environment. The atmosphere of the general public can differ compared to the atmosphere between two people very close to each other. This atmosphere between Sakuta & Mai pretty much fully manifested itself in that study session. Why? Because for the very first time both of them did self sacrificial deeds for each other. Both of them were willing to sacrifice their own well being for the other's safety. The box was opened, the cat was alive and it was determined what their bond actually was. This very personal tie that was built in that moment engraved itself into who Sakuta is because it's something surpassing his general consciousness. He's not merely aware of Mai through his consciousness but also through his emotions.
Nov 25, 2018 10:24 AM

Jul 2009
That confession gave me one of the biggest cases of second-hand embarrassment ever, but I'm glad it worked out in the end. The moment where Sakuta starts remembering Mai again was really heartwarming.

So I'm guessing this show is split up into mini-arcs that deal with different girls and phenomenons each time? I'm down with that.
Nov 29, 2018 9:13 AM

May 2018
Okay, Mai's "arc" is over, I hope it does not happen as in Monogatari, Senjougahara was as a supporting after his "arc".
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Today, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.