Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2018 3:33 PM
Jan 2018
Love the episode it follows the manga perfectly so far Mai's arc is probably gonna end in the next 2-3 episodes then it'll go onto the next one. "A man must be prepared for any situation" gotta love the MC he's on Hachiman's level of awesome
Oct 10, 2018 3:45 PM

Nov 2011
Some Romance and Despair in this episode. Really well written and still very fun. Man I kind of wish the mother didn't react the way she did when she saw Sakuta because I knew right away she wasn't going to see Mai. That was still a powerful moment though.

Man Sakuta x Mai needs to happen. They're fucking adorable together.

I felt like there as some foreshadowing in this episode as well.

1. I think Sakuta is going to forget about Mai just for a minute or two.
2. He's going to get her first kiss.

HE HAS TOO!
SoraSenpaiOct 10, 2018 3:49 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 10, 2018 3:54 PM

Jul 2017
Things got escalated quickly... May 20th and May 26th already? Oh dear, and May 29th will be the day that was foreshadowed in the first episode... This might probably end up with tears.

This is definitely a better episode than the first! Yeah, the pacing was a bit too fast but I particularly don't mind.

Sakuta, you really are a rascal... A fun and flirty one~ Sakuta just became one of my favorite MCs already! He's definitely not your average and cliche MC that you see a lot lately! And lol at the girl who told him to kick her to make it even!

This episode made me like Mai more now. I like both her backstory and her character. And I'm glad that she actually considers what he says later and even apologized for hitting him. Even when he's late for the date, she still remained herself.

Her personality matches perfectly with a rascal like Sakuta! Their chemistry was awesome, entertaining and really sweet. I love their first date and things went almost smoothly. I'm loving the couple already! I want to see more of them already!

Then, the part where her mother walks past her. God, that hurt me... So currently, everyone except the students in school doesn't remember her nor see her? This is going to get sad...

Mai's arc will be the first one and when that's resolved, it will probably be the other girls turn judging from the trailer and the fact that the movie will adapt Vol 6 and 7 of the LN series regarding Shoko, the girl Sakuta mentioned meeting in the past.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Oct 10, 2018 4:03 PM
Jan 2017
This episode keeps the momentum established by the pilot and goes on to further develop Sakuta and Mai's relationship. I'm enjoying Sakuta and Mai's interactions, and the chemistry between Kaito Ishikawa and Asami Seto is great. Every scene between the two protagonists feels natural and organic. It's also incredible to see the episode strike a pretty good balance between comedy and drama. Sakuta's first interaction with Tomoe is certainly worth some laughs, while Mai's realization that her Adolescence Syndrome is getting worse is bound to tug the heartstrings. I'm looking forward to see how do Rio and Shoko factor into later episodes, with former being a crucial part in Sakuta's backstory, and the latter having a plan to help Mai.
Oct 10, 2018 4:05 PM

Oct 2017
Hey, guess what, anime of the season is here!
5/5
Oct 10, 2018 4:24 PM

May 2015
Nitpic said:
5/5
Its definitely going to be a toss up between this and Iruduku both are amazing
Oct 10, 2018 4:28 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again.

Is it just me or has Schrodinger's box become such a common example used in anime?

I love Sakuta and Mai's relationship already. Love how honest they are with each other. Really liking both of their characters.
I absolutely love the dialogue especially when Sakuta is being super candid about his ulterior motives but deep down he really cares for her and wants her 'condition' to get better.

Mai is so adorable. <3

Holy shit! The scene where her Mom walked past her hit really hard. I felt so bad for Mai, not even her Mom can see her. :(

It's cool that we figured out that people from school can still remember Mai so it might be something related to school.

Come on guys, you can't leave me hanging like that. What did she do for her underwear? XD

The final scene was so sweet, it's strange how it's just been two episodes but it already feels like these two have such an intimate relationship.
Can't wait for next week.
Oct 10, 2018 4:29 PM

Jun 2017
Great Episode.. as i said before, this anime could really turn out to be the (new) AOTS

As for the next episode(s)..I do have the feeling that he is going to forget her and Drama kicks in
Oct 10, 2018 4:39 PM

Apr 2009
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
And also shouldn't Sakuta be asking the people if they see the girl besides him instead of asking if they remember her or what she used to do ??????
If he did the former, people would think he's delusional if they can't see her.
Oct 10, 2018 4:40 PM

Jan 2009
TrongDaoTuan said:
Hey! I've just watched the episode, but I still don't understand semething from the start of the 1. first episode. Can someone help me? Why did he have notebook and there was a sentence from future? And why did he have memories from future on the start? Thanks.

Well... this scene is actually from the future, relative to the timeline which is currently told. Maybe this hint will be enough for you to figure the reason out by yourself. If not and you reeeeeeeeally need to know... (you are going to find out in episode 3, so don't spoil yourself unless you really have to)

Oct 10, 2018 4:46 PM

Jan 2009
Nicely done episode, and they even cut out some of the most adorable Sakuta/Mai scenes.

For example, in the original Mai very soon regrets to have slapped Sakuta and apologized to him for hitting him right after her flaring rage had subsided. Sakuta then used the chance to get some TLC from Mai by complaining loudly that this slap left a terrible and traumatic wound on him, which could only be healed by the caress of a kind and beautiful senpai. Or during the shopping tour, where he used reverse psychology to get Mai to snuggle up to him, and this way was able to cop some feels of Mai's ample chest (before he lost this treat by playing his cards wrong).

If you're like me and watching this for the Sakuta/Mai relationship, you should definitely read the manga to fill in the gaps which the breakneck pace opened up.
Oct 10, 2018 5:09 PM

Aug 2017
Did anyone noticed the deja vu from episode 1?
Oct 10, 2018 5:10 PM

Oct 2017
billybub said:
Nitpic said:
5/5
Its definitely going to be a toss up between this and Iruduku both are amazing

Eh, idk man, Iroduku was ... Okay
Oct 10, 2018 5:11 PM
Nov 2009
HeroVladimir93 said:
This episode keeps the momentum established by the pilot and goes on to further develop Sakuta and Mai's relationship. I'm enjoying Sakuta and Mai's interactions, and the chemistry between Kaito Ishikawa and Asami Seto is great.

Thanks to Anime Gods we'll still see those same age VAs Ishikawa & Seto as male & female protags next season with Shield Hero. Different genre, different type of roles. Can't wait!

And about this anime, I now know why Mai has always been one of the high-ranking heroines on Dengeki LNs polls, which is not an easy feat. She's just so likable. And a former child & then young actress managed by ambitious & greedy mom/parents... a familiar case with many celebs around the world. So sad...
Oct 10, 2018 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was absolutely fantastic! I loved it.
Gotta love Sakuta's subtle jokes xD For real, i love this mix of drama + comedy, i'm always laughing at what he says because the jokes are really good xD

Already romance? wow! Great! They definitely had some chemistry going between them.

I know it's only the 2nd episode but i'm loving this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 10, 2018 5:44 PM

Sep 2010
I'm really surprised at how much I'm liking this show.
Oct 10, 2018 5:47 PM

Sep 2018
i really like the relationship between the two main characters, the romance is really fast paced, but is good. i like the soundtrack too. it’s panning out to be an interesting show, my friends.
Oct 10, 2018 5:55 PM

Jan 2008
The interactions between the two are the best aspect of the show. Two constantly taking jabs and teasing each other is great.

While I'm sure her circumstance adds to it, I'm slightly bothered by how vague it is. Hopefully it's thoroughly explained by, or preferably before, the end.
Oct 10, 2018 6:23 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, only the second episode and im in love!
Oct 10, 2018 6:34 PM

Jan 2018
Now this is a romance anime that i actually liked not because of harem/ecchi stupidity. Might be AotS for me too. Glad i didn't get discouraged by the title and tried this instead. By the way, would Mai show up in her bunny suit again? It's not like i liked bunny suit (i kinda hate it since usually it's just used as fanservice fuel, nothing more), but it's just weird to only see it once in the beginning when that thing is on both the title and promotional picture of this anime.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 10, 2018 6:51 PM

Dec 2015
So basically, best romance of the year and Aots if it keeps like that
Oct 10, 2018 7:05 PM
Mar 2017
It's amazing how Mai flirts with Sakuta and how he reverses her attacks to see her all embarrassed, I love the chemistry they have, it's as if they were a couple, but they are not.
Today we also met one of the girls that appears in the Opening, the scene of the park was funny, normally one does not accept so easily to kick a girl's butt, besides that Sakuta did not stop. In addition to that Sakuta gives us some information about who Shouko is and what was their relationship, although I think that Sakuta kept some things
Now we know the reason why Mai gave up the entertainment world, again a scum mother appears who uses her daughter for a selfish purpose.
I think Mai's encounter with her mother was brutal, not only her mother could not see her, but she did not know of her existence, as if Mai had not been born, I was sad to see her face and apparently the syndrome of puberty that Mai suffers is getting worse. At least Sakuta achieves a positive result by knowing that Kunimi and Futaba do remember and know who Mai is. The scene of the bed was very funny, the way their relationship progresses is quite pleasant to see, their serious moments and their funny moments give a unique touch.
I hope that the next episode Sakuta has found a solution to Mai's syndrome.
Oct 10, 2018 7:07 PM
Oct 2017
Great episode! However, when wil Sakura forget her? I mean there’s 9 days left until he forgets who she is. It is May 20th in this episode and he forgets her 9 days later. Wait...I just answered my own question.
Oct 10, 2018 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
I love this show and it's only been two episodes. The chemistry between the two leads is so good and feels natural. Ahhh waiting another week hurts.
I need sleep.
Oct 10, 2018 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
I have to say that the best aspect of this series is definitely the relationship or romance between the two characters. The main two's chemistry is the strongest part of the series and I'm loving every single second of it >0<
Oct 10, 2018 7:38 PM

Jun 2017
Hmmm... so this is like a discount monogatari. I guess I'll stick through with it to the end. I have a feeling this anime will have a lot of funny out of context moments.
Oct 10, 2018 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
What an absolute dynamic duo. I began this anime on a whim and am now completely invested. Amazing pairing and ED theme. What is in store for the next few eps?
Oct 10, 2018 8:17 PM
Apr 2017
This episode was like the 14-15 episode of Your lie in april... you can already fell the tears forming

Alex_Uzumaki said:
Great episode! However, when wil Sakura forget her? I mean there’s 9 days left until he forgets who she is. It is May 20th in this episode and he forgets her 9 days later. Wait...I just answered my own question.

the date was may 25th... only 4 days left
Oct 10, 2018 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
chemistry between these two are insane but their progress going at lighting speed only has me worried ,girls this season are gonna have a hard time topping Mai at this rate.

was damn surprised to see him kick that girl without holding back .

also i feel like i've heard this ED somewhere before its driving me nuts
Oct 10, 2018 8:37 PM

May 2016
The character interaction in this was really something else. It felt real, it wasn’t cliche in anyway.
Oct 10, 2018 8:43 PM
Sep 2018
This show is up to a great start, I hope it'll be the case till the end. MC is really likable and the girl is lovely.
Oct 10, 2018 8:45 PM
Oct 2017
balmung_AS said:
This episode was like the 14-15 episode of Your lie in april... you can already fell the tears forming

Alex_Uzumaki said:

the date was may 25th... only 4 days left

Really, I only see ‘May 20th’ in the beginning. I never saw ‘May 25th’ throughout this episode. I’ll need to rewatch it again then and find it...
Alex_UzumakiOct 10, 2018 8:49 PM
Oct 10, 2018 9:07 PM

Nov 2017

- i cant believe that sakuta really kick her ass.
- gosht.... i think it would be perfect if Hayamin voiced Mai.
Now Loading.....
Oct 10, 2018 9:09 PM

Apr 2016
Finally, a stand out show this season...
Oct 10, 2018 9:56 PM
Jan 2018
This is already my favorite anime of the season. I love the shy but also bold nature of Mai and the upfront and honest nature of Sakuta. Makes for a cute romance. Im just speculating but I already feel sad because if her issue gets resolved then she will join showbiz and leave him behind. I know the probably wont have her leave him but they might try to trick us with that. Either way this anime is just amazing.
Oct 10, 2018 10:00 PM

Oct 2015
I did not think the first episode was all that special, and the OP kind of makes me scared that this would just be another rom-com harem. Despite that, I really enjoyed this episode. Glad this show looks like its going the more Romance route.

But also the title sucks imo. I hope it sounds better in Japanese because there is no reason the English name has to sound so dumb. it might be a "I dream of jeannie" reference, but that makes it even dumber.
Oct 10, 2018 10:10 PM
Apr 2016
It's refreshing to watch characters that actually behave like humans for once.
Oct 10, 2018 10:26 PM

Oct 2015
Paul said:
The interactions between the two are the best aspect of the show. Two constantly taking jabs and teasing each other is great.

While I'm sure her circumstance adds to it, I'm slightly bothered by how vague it is. Hopefully it's thoroughly explained by, or preferably before, the end.

I agree. I think this adolescence syndrome will be the weakest part of the show. I mean, the implication based on what we've been shown is that this syndrome can cause physical injuries, erase people from existence, and also goes undetected by literally everyone except the MC.

Personally, I dont mind the sci-fi, junk science, plot hole filler that is "adolescence syndrome" and would not mind an explanation, but... i dont think this show could or should answer that question. The answer would either be disappointing, tonally off, or a plot twist so insane, people would start calling it a Trigger show.

I would be fine if instead of an answer, we get a, "our heroes beat the wiley pyschological phenomenon at its own game and as a reward, it leaves our heroes alone" sort of thing. Kind of what Your Name did.
Oct 10, 2018 10:29 PM

Nov 2014
We got to know more about Shoko this episode. I thought we'd get to after hearing her mentioned twice last episode, and we did get to know who Shoko is to Sakuta.

I thought they'd end on the cliffhanger of Sakuta not remembering Mai this episode, but it might be even further ahead for all I know.

SoraSenpai said:
No need to think, they weren't very subtle about it. They showed us last episode.
BurningSpiritOct 10, 2018 10:32 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 10, 2018 10:49 PM

May 2015
I really love the way that dialogue and character interactions are handled in SNAFU and Monogatari, and this show does the same thing almost as well. I had no plans to watch this before the season started, but now I'm glad that I am. It's easily one of the best things I'm watching currently.

Oct 10, 2018 10:55 PM
Mar 2018
BurningSpirit said:
We got to know more about Shoko this episode. I thought we'd get to after hearing her mentioned twice last episode, and we did get to know who Shoko is to Sakuta.

I thought they'd end on the cliffhanger of Sakuta not remembering Mai this episode, but it might be even further ahead for all I know.

SoraSenpai said:
No need to think, they weren't very subtle about it. They showed us last episode.
Last episode? Next episode.
Oct 10, 2018 11:16 PM

Jan 2009
Alex_Uzumaki said:
Really, I only see ‘May 20th’ in the beginning. I never saw ‘May 25th’ throughout this episode. I’ll need to rewatch it again then and find it...

Remember when the calendar was shown where he marked the 25th with a heart for the date with Mai?

They then spent one night in the hotel room, so by the end of the episode, it's the 26th.
Oct 10, 2018 11:21 PM

Aug 2017
Shouko have the same Syndrome of Mai but ended up disappearing. It seems that more people, especially Mai's mom and the reporter, forgot her. Surprisingly, Sakuta's friend and the lab girl remember her.

What's the deal with the random girl? I think that she will be important in the future, maybe.

Almost always, I fall asleep in this type of episodes but it was fun. This is an achievement.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 10, 2018 11:49 PM
May 2018
If this keeps up this might end up as the best romance anime of the year. Should I say, as expected of Kamoshida Hajime. Loveable characters, amazing conversations, a bit shocking at the same time, and all in one episode! Besides I have seen people asking "why Sakuta doesn't ask about the girl beside her?" Ofcourse he can't. It is already proved in the "covinient store" part that people can't see her or anything see touches
Oct 10, 2018 11:52 PM

May 2015
Hmm...if whatever Mai touches can be invisible as well, couldn't she just steal stuff and never get caught?

"My thoughts are 100 times more lewd than what you're imagining right now." Oh YEAH!

Aaand another pushy mother...

The character interactions are pretty good, like Sakuta asking how many Pocky he has to eat through his nose. "One stick?" "One box." Wait...they said Pocky? SPONSORED!

And she said this wasn't a date...

Shoko was Sakuta's past love huh. And she disappeared without a trace...yet Sakuta remembers her...

Whoa, Puberty Syndrome is more serious than we thought...

Hmm...has Mai ever tried poking someone on the shoulder to see if they notice her? Maybe they don't see her, but she shouldn't be like a ghost...

So people in school still remember her...Perhaps it's because of her status at school?

Sleeping together on the first date! And it looked like Mai was about to pull a Senjougahara here, or maybe she already did...

So Sakuta remembers Shoko, and Sakuta and the school remembers Mai. But Shoko's school doesn't remember Shoko. Why do I have a feeling that Sakuta will forget Mai and at the same time Shoko will reappear? Is this? Are we getting another triangle? TRIANGLE! TRIANGLE! TRIANGLE!
Oct 10, 2018 11:56 PM
Jan 2015
Wow, 2 episodes in and I'm so into this show so far. The 2 leads are great and their chemistry is fantastic as their personality's really bounce off each other really well. And damn already giving us shots to the feels, poor Mai. Its bad enough when most people around you forgot your existence, but it hurts on a whole other level when its your own mother, even if you didn't have the greatest relationship with her. So far this is my favorite anime to air this season.
My Queens

Oct 11, 2018 12:16 AM

Sep 2018
Great episode...this is getin pretty interesting
Her mother forgetting abt her was brutal
Gotta love sakuta ...he actually kicked the girl that was hilarious(would like to see more of her)
And ofc mai is just so cute...
Oct 11, 2018 12:30 AM

Jan 2017
Really liked this episode, if the quality keeps up at this pace this'll def be one great series!
Oct 11, 2018 12:34 AM

Nov 2014
SNDT said:
Last episode? Next episode.[/quote]I meant the very first scene in episode 1, the one where it was shown that Sakuta couldn't recall Mai at all.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 11, 2018 12:50 AM
Mar 2018
BurningSpirit said:
I meant the very first scene in episode 1, the one where it was shown that Sakuta couldn't recall Mai at all.

yes, it should be in the next episode considering the pacing
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Today, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.