Forum Settings
Forums

Seen an anime in a language other than Japanese or English?

New
Have you watched anime in a language other than Japanese or English?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2018 6:30 AM
Sep 2010
I watched many animes with the Italian dub.

Slam Dunk was AMAZING and I think even better than the original, Steins;Gate was good, DBZ was decent but definitely inferior to the original and the English dub.

Also I'm loving Gintama's voices, pretty much on point even if you lose some something in the translation from the OG.
Oct 2, 2018 6:46 AM

Oct 2015
As a child, I saw anime like digimon or Naruto with my country language.
Oct 2, 2018 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
Had to watch one in Spanish because the English subtitles hadn't come out yet
Oct 2, 2018 6:56 AM

Aug 2017
I watch some anime in English and others in Brazilian Portuguese when I see that the dubbing is great, like with One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Black Clover, Bungou Stray Dogs and so on).
But most I see subtitled (with Japanese dubbing).
Oct 2, 2018 7:05 AM

Jan 2018
Yes,I saw some when i was still watching anime on TV,now,compare it to the japanese version,I realize how shit it was ,all the shows have the SAME voice actors,and somehow they were even worse than myself (sometimes I want to act like an anime characters and say what the characters say),dont even know why I enjoyed watching dubbed anime in my mother language that time.
Oct 2, 2018 7:06 AM

Jul 2016
I'm Finnish, so I've seen Pokémon, Moomins and Hamtaro with Finnish dub.

They rarely dub anime in Finnish, I think it would be interesting to watch if there was more.
Oct 2, 2018 7:37 AM

Mar 2018
My country is currently doing some stupid shit like dubbing anime. I dunno about other languages, but with my native language, translating some words of anime sound edgy af. Some words became super stupid. I can't even stand native subs and now dub? It's like scratching my ears with iron earpicks. They don't go as far as changing the entire OP or ED tho.
RenkiniOct 2, 2018 7:52 AM

Oct 2, 2018 7:39 AM
Jul 2015
Yes, when studying foreign languages I use anime as a fun way to learn and review
Oct 2, 2018 8:36 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Yeah, I watched some of Miyazaki's stuff in German since we have them on DVD. The dubs there weren't bad at all, but, well, it was also Ghibli, so...

The general thing I've seen with anime dubs in German has been...lacking, to say the least. And I don't mind watching stuff dubbed, I actually think we have a great dubbing scene here for the most part with most types of media. Anime dubs are dick in comparison to most, though, and honestly, I'm so used to watching them subbed now that I probably wouldn't swap to German dubs even if the dubs got better.

Oct 2, 2018 8:40 AM

Dec 2017
oh yes, my native language. some of them are very good, like, i wouldn’t cringed that much unlike english language, i dunno why.

but that was a long time ago, the art of anime dubbing in my country is dying i guess
Oct 2, 2018 9:02 AM

Nov 2017
yes, i've seen dragon ball, naruto, captain tsubasa and yugi in Arabic.
it was amusing, they exaggerate in everything they say
Oct 2, 2018 9:07 AM

Sep 2014
Pullman said:

Plus occasionally you stumble upon a file with multiple audiotracks and check them out out of curiosity. I've gotten glances of spanish and russian dubs like that before too.

Fellow pirate stranger, careful with your words...
Oct 2, 2018 10:50 AM

Aug 2012
Sure, Brazilian Portuguese. I started with anime because of Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon and Yuu Yuu Hakusho dubs, which are considered some of the best adaptations out there. There are many others, but unfortunately, with the main dubbing studios closing, the quality dropped for some time. Few anime on Netflix are well dubbed, like Nanatsu no Taizai and One-Punch Man. Crunchyroll, however, has been doing a good job, sending some titles like Re: Zero and Bungou to good studios.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Oct 2, 2018 11:40 AM

Jul 2017
yea since I use to watch OP on TV so I didn't realy have the choice and had to watch french subs.
well, I think the same as I think for english subs.
They can be good I guess, and they're useful if you wanna animes with lots of details and/or actions scenes where lots of things happen at once and/or very beautiful animes without having to read the subtiles.
Oct 2, 2018 1:13 PM

Nov 2011
dr-clark said:

ah yes. i remember reading that Arabic is a more colorful? language and you need to be really emphatic to refuse something. a simple "no thank you" is (supposedly) not enough.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 2, 2018 1:32 PM

Nov 2017
Subbed? Yes, I occasionally watch anime in Spanish or German, basically when I can't find some particular anime in English. Dubbed? Hell no! it sounds weird, so I dislike it. Anyway, I consider English subs superior to any others, so I prefer them.
Shambala is so far Away...
Oct 2, 2018 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Ye boi
I've seen Detective Conan, Naruto, Maid sama, Ranma 1/2 and such in german on youtube back in the day
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Oct 2, 2018 5:48 PM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
My best friend insisted I watched YYH in spanish. Oh lord.

And honestly the bad thing about dubs in other countries from what I noticed is lots of the ost and background sound is cut or fully removed and makes it sound super weird i.e tried listening to the BNHA Italian dub for kicks and was thrown way the fuck off.
Oct 2, 2018 5:51 PM

Apr 2015
In Spanish (LATAM Spanish, not that crap they speak in Spain).

And read manga chapters in Portuguese and Italian while trying to learn those languages.
Oct 2, 2018 5:53 PM

Apr 2018
I used to watch DB or DBZ in Spanish since at the time they were releasing new episodes before the dubs in america, plus the Spanish dub was sometimes funnier with the things they said
Oct 2, 2018 10:18 PM

Nov 2017
DreamingBeats said:
dr-clark said:

ah yes. i remember reading that Arabic is a more colorful? language and you need to be really emphatic to refuse something. a simple "no thank you" is (supposedly) not enough.

Yes. Most of the dubbed are classic arabic in which the voice actors speaks in a very polite way
Sometimes they even change the name, ex. Captain tsubasa became captain majiid
Oct 2, 2018 10:41 PM

Nov 2016
The first animes that I watched as a child I watched in French. Examples are Grendizer (Goldorak in the French dub), Captain Harlock (I kinda prefer his french name, Albator tbh lol), Tom Sawyer, Princesse Sara and probably a few others that I can't think of right now. I've also watched a few episodes of Detective Conan, Dragon Ball Z, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh and Captain Tsubasa in Arabic dub in KSA.
Oct 2, 2018 10:49 PM
Jul 2015
Yes, I have seen DBZ, Naruto, Digimon and many animes in Hindi. And 1 in Punjabi too.
Oct 2, 2018 11:00 PM

Nov 2017
Elsword... (south)korean anime...

there are lot of anime dubs with other language... it depends your taste,
Now Loading.....
Oct 3, 2018 8:37 AM

Mar 2016
Only kids shows like Yu-Gi-Oh and those are all bad.

Oh also a DVD of Appleseed which only has it dubbed and its sooooo bad.
Oct 3, 2018 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
I've seen a couple of Chinese anime and some with other languages inserted (like French and German)
currently: doing my best!

Oct 3, 2018 1:48 PM

May 2018
French dubs are terrible but can be hilarious.
WOW
Oct 3, 2018 1:54 PM

Mar 2017
I remember watching some of shows in Hindi. Those were good.
Oct 3, 2018 2:26 PM

Sep 2018
I’m far from fluent in any other language than English, but I have watched a select few anime like Osomatsu-kun in Spanish just so I can pick out words I know and maybe even learn new ones. I’m learning it right now and it’s fun
I also have a few volumes of Inuyasha completely in spanish
Oct 3, 2018 2:50 PM

Oct 2015
Well , yes , when i was young , the most anime I watched in my childhood like pokemon, digimon sailor moon or those animes from the 90's with latin spanish dub most because i watched it on tv and did'nt have a computer at that time , now if i watch a spanish dub is more for nostalgia , i guess xD
SideralcatOct 3, 2018 2:56 PM
Oct 3, 2018 2:56 PM

Mar 2018
I said no but then again I don't really need to watch it in another language so I never looked
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2018 2:59 PM

Jun 2008
Watched kids shows that were dubbed in my native language when i was a kid. But other then that, none. I don't look up dubs of shows.
Oct 3, 2018 3:42 PM

Jan 2015
Chinese cuz Chinese cartoons and Spanish
I don't understand shit without ENLGISH sub tho

ur opinion = shit
Oct 3, 2018 7:24 PM

Dec 2015
Saw Shin Chan in Dutch when I was a child. It was funny as hell. Also Maya the Bee.
Oct 3, 2018 7:53 PM

Aug 2018
I'm Bulgarian and have watched dubbed anime in my language as a kid, mainly 90s and early 2000s anime such as Pokemon, DBZ, YuGiOh and Naruto. Also some newer anime that were aired on TV including FMA Brotherhood.
Oct 3, 2018 8:08 PM

Aug 2018
I've seen Pokémon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Seimei no Kagaku: Micro Patrol in Dutch dubbed when I was a kid.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 3, 2018 9:18 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I first discovered dubbed anime in Tagalog when I was very young. Anime has been localized here in the Philippines and I've watched as many Tagalog dubbed anime as I can when they were still airing on TV, especially if they catch my interest.

So aside from Japanese and English, I've watched anime dubbed in Tagalog. A lot of dubbed anime in our country were pretty good, tbh. I really enjoyed the Tagalog dub of Gintama. Their voice acting was spot on, especially when doing the "straight man" (tsukkomi) routine.
Oct 3, 2018 11:39 PM

Nov 2017
Yeah, in Latin spanish, some of the voices are just perfect, Dragon Ball is a good example of pretty great voice acting in Latin spanish.
Oct 3, 2018 11:48 PM

Aug 2015
Yes.
In Indonesian of course..
In the local TV in fact...

Oh well... It was nice while it lasted... #RIP

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Oct 3, 2018 11:53 PM

Apr 2016
Yeah.

I live in India. Anime are dubbed in regional languages here. I have watched anime in more than 3 languages other than Japanese and English. It's really awesome y'know.
Oct 4, 2018 12:09 AM

Oct 2018
I watched some in German and English and I have to say that I absolutely hate it.
Don't know why, but somehow very often the voices don't really match.
The only good one i saw was Spirited Away in German, really loved it!
Oct 4, 2018 12:14 AM

Feb 2017
Of course. I've seen a lot of anime on Serbian/Croatian as a kid since I didn't know English.
Oct 4, 2018 12:21 AM

Mar 2016
French since it's my mother tongue, Spanish because I couldn't find them in French, and Mandarin Chinese if you consider those "Chinese anime" as anime(The king's Avatar, Big fish and Begonia, etc...).
Oct 4, 2018 2:33 AM

Sep 2018
Yes! I have seen many anime shows like dragon ball or sailormoon translated to my language which is Greek!!!!
Oct 4, 2018 2:41 AM
Apr 2016
They used to air dbz, naruto and one piece hindi dubbed here in India and it was terrible! No dedication at all! As for some kids animes like pokemon, shin chan, doraemon and digimon they did pretty decent job
Oct 4, 2018 6:41 AM

Apr 2014
mainly korean dubs, but italian dub lupin is :ok:
Oct 4, 2018 9:38 AM

Jan 2017
If we dont include kids anime like Doraemon, Pokemon, Digimon etc. then the only anime i've seen in my native language (Hindi) is Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

And Goku's voice was pretty good imo in comparison to its japanese counterpart. Goku's japanese voice makes me cringe tbh XD
Oct 4, 2018 9:45 AM
Aug 2017
Ive watched a lot of animes in Korean, and a few in German and Spanish
Oct 4, 2018 10:51 AM

Jan 2017
I usually don't plan watching dubbed anime but sometimes sh*t just happens. I've seen Ginga Nagareboshi Gin in Finnish, Swedish and Korean or/and Chinese. Inuyasha in English, Candy Candy and some Ghibli movies also in Finnish, which I do not support, not at all.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

109 by Merani »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 4 minutes ago

0 by PushedCaraway »»
4 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 7 minutes ago

0 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
7 minutes ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

9 by DancingTheBa »»
17 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 7 hours ago

42 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.