Forum Settings
Forums

New season for animes that are good but probably won't happen

New
Aug 18, 2018 6:10 AM
Aug 2018
Log Horizon- I love log horizon and it's story I love how the character is really smart and all, plus I love the mystery of it. I think log horizon is more deserving to have a season 3 compare tp SAO.

Konusuba- we all love Konusuba and it's comedy since there will be a movie I'm hoping that after the end credits a surprise will pop up.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash- even though it's not really popular because of it's characters being weak and all and some people will wander how they will execute the world building but that's not the case the MC chracters for this anime isn't really the MC in this world kinda similar to goblon slayer. So I'm really hoping for a second season

Love Live- i want more idols and love to see how they will achieve it so I'm hoping for an another chapter of the love live even if the girls will need to saved their school again it's fine but I'm hoping for an another reason why they will aim to be idols.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 18, 2018 6:22 AM

Sep 2017
I would love another season of baccano, haruhi and no game no life
Aug 18, 2018 6:30 AM
Jan 2013
I could see another Love Live happening, sunshine is still going with a 2019 movie
gone bai bai
Aug 18, 2018 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
1. Sket dance
2. Pandora hearts
3. Grimgar
4. Kaiji
5. Barakamon
Aug 18, 2018 6:36 AM

Feb 2010
The one thing I want another season for more than anything else is Space Brothers.

Zeruk said:
1. Sket dance
2. Pandora hearts
3. Grimgar
4. Kaiji
5. Barakamon

Kaiji just turns into a mahjong manga after Part 2 so that's all you'll get if we get another season of that. Imo season 2 was already a big downgrade to season 1 so I can probably do without that.
And didn't Pandora Hearts to anime original and kinda made a faithful second season borderline impossible? I think that's what I heard at least.

+1 for the other 3 tho. I'd happily take more of any of those.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 18, 2018 6:50 AM

Dec 2017
Berserk, a proper fu*ing berserk, not that CLANG, a well adapted Berserk, it doesn’t mattter if it the continuation of the 2017 berserk, or reboot from 1998, it’ll probably will not happened for at least 3-5 years (my deadass wished for this adaptation thought)

Youjo Senki. there’s a movie adaptation, but that wouldn’t do much justice for my little Tanya Degurechaff

GATE, i just want to see more to be honest
Aug 18, 2018 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
Pullman said:
The one thing I want another season for more than anything else is Space Brothers.

Zeruk said:
1. Sket dance
2. Pandora hearts
3. Grimgar
4. Kaiji
5. Barakamon

Kaiji just turns into a mahjong manga after Part 2 so that's all you'll get if we get another season of that. Imo season 2 was already a big downgrade to season 1 so I can probably do without that.
And didn't Pandora Hearts to anime original and kinda made a faithful second season borderline impossible? I think that's what I heard at least.

I'm fine with a mahjong manga haha, though they should probably increase pacing a bit in new adaptation.
2nd season for Pandora hearts isn't impossible, as long as they fix some parts. They can also always pretend the filler stuff never happened. Complete remake is still the best option though. It needs the Hunter/FMA treatment.
I'm close to finishing Space Brothers, so really agree on getting a new season of it
Aug 18, 2018 6:54 AM

Dec 2015
1. Akatsuki no Yona
2. Nana
3. Yahari ore no seishun love comedy wa machigatteiru
4. Spice and Wolf
5. Hajime no Ippo
6. Magi
Aug 18, 2018 6:55 AM

Feb 2010
Zeruk said:
Pullman said:

I'm fine with a mahjong manga haha, though they should probably increase pacing a bit in new adaptation.
2nd season for Pandora hearts isn't impossible, as long as they fix some parts. They can also always pretend the filler stuff never happened. Complete remake is still the best option though. It needs the Hunter/FMA treatment.
I'm close to finishing Space Brothers, so really agree on getting a new season of it

oh boy, good luck with getting over the space brothers anime ending then. I'm still not over it and I watched it while it aired xD
Aug 18, 2018 6:55 AM

Oct 2017
To Love Ru Darkness...
Why can't it happen? Because they ended it without any conclusion...
Aug 18, 2018 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
Pullman said:
Zeruk said:

oh boy, good luck with getting over the space brothers anime ending then. I'm still not over it and I watched it while it aired xD

Great to hear that it has a well done ending. I'll brace for it XD
Aug 18, 2018 7:58 AM

Apr 2015
FragileGlass said:
Love Live- i want more idols and love to see how they will achieve it so I'm hoping for an another chapter of the love live even if the girls will need to saved their school again it's fine but I'm hoping for an another reason why they will aim to be idols.

Isn't this very likely?

Well, if you're meaning another season of μ's then of course it isn't happening but haven't they launched an all new group after Aqours? Surely an anime would come out of that?
Aug 18, 2018 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
Love Live won't end as long as it brings in all that cash

OT: Baccano.
Aug 18, 2018 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
Love Live will be back to terrorize us with new meme characters.

Barakamon, D-frag, Gekkan Shoujo.
Aug 18, 2018 8:18 AM

Feb 2018
I am actually quite satisfied when it comes to sequels given that the two manga by my favorite mangaka (ONE) are both getting a second season.
Aug 18, 2018 8:22 AM

Apr 2010
The list is too long. Really. But lately I got 3rd season for Bungou Stray Dogs (in unknown date), so yeah

Aug 18, 2018 8:24 AM
Jul 2016
1. No game no life
2. Grimgar of fantasy and ashes
3. Pandora Hearts
4. Tokyo ESP
5. Legend of the Legendary Heroes
Aug 18, 2018 8:27 AM
Jul 2016
KuuhakuDesu said:
Hyouka
Conclusion, please?

Kokoro Connect
Conclusion, PLEASE?

World Trigger
RIP manga.

Shimoneta
Press F for dirty jokes

Tokyo Ravens
CONCLUSION, PLZ??

Ao Haru Ride
Io's new manga has more chance of being adapted, tbh

Accel World
SAO's distant cousin needs some love.

Gatchaman Crowds
BIRD, GO!

Tenkyu no Alderamin
Madhouse, you fucks did Overlord S2 and S3. There are no excuses.

I could do this all day.

Accel World is most likely to return, guess SAO just gets more attention. World Trigger, we can only wait in agony.
Aug 18, 2018 8:29 AM

Jun 2016
- Pandora Hearts (i would like a reboot better though)
- Houseki no Kuni
- Akatsuki no Yona
- Magi
- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
- Claymore

Prety much it i guess
Aug 18, 2018 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
If we talk about animes whose second season is probably not going to happen for real, then:

-Carnival Phantasm (Source material already fully adapted).
-Claymore (Anime went with an original ending, manga ended).
-Highschool of the Dead (The author is dead, and if the manga is not going to return, less the anime).
-Katte ni Kaizou (Manga ended).
-Magi (Manga ended).
-Medaka Box (Anime had horrible sales and ended in a cliffhanger, practically impossible; also the manga ended).
-Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas (Manga ended, the anime didn't had good sales).
IllyricusAug 18, 2018 8:44 AM
Aug 18, 2018 8:44 AM

Aug 2015
1. AKATSUKI NO YONA
damn, the sales is high, and it's been a pretty long time since the first season, there's also more than enough material to adapt, WHAT ELSE IS NEEDED????
2. Hataraku maou-sama
Like... Pretty please??? Materials are far more than enough, the LN sales isn't bad too.. so WHY?
3. Tokyo Ravens
C'mon guys.. the story isn't THAT bad.. though this is 95% likely won't get a new season because the BD sales and the LN sales are pretty low.

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Aug 18, 2018 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
Pandora Hearts remake.

Or Fruits Basket new anime. Even though it's definitely impossible.
Aug 18, 2018 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
Pullman said:

Zeruk said:
1. Sket dance
2. Pandora hearts
3. Grimgar
4. Kaiji
5. Barakamon

I mean, they can just do what Blue Exorcist and Tokyo Ghoul Re did and pretend the anime original ending never happened.
Aug 18, 2018 9:01 AM

Oct 2017
spice and wolf... third season will never happen RIP
Aug 18, 2018 9:15 AM

Apr 2018
- A proper adaptation of the Jinchuu arc from Rurouni Kenshin
- Kara no Kyoukai: Oblivion Recording
- Oregairu volume 13 and 14 need to come out already for the 3rd season lol
Aug 18, 2018 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
Damn dude, like half my list. But if I had to choose a few it'd probably be:

- Arslan Senki
- Baby Steps
- Hunter x Hunter
Aug 18, 2018 9:25 AM
Mar 2017
Totally agree with First post, Log Horizon was amazing. This anime deaerve more like Sao or any other anime.
Aug 18, 2018 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
There are tons of anime where I want another season but they'll never get one.

White Album 2, Btooom, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Magi, Owari no Seraph, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta, just to name a few...

"Blood and rain mixed with broken dreams flow together along the curb,
But even in the darkest corners of misery the roses bloom at sunset"
Aug 18, 2018 10:24 AM

Apr 2015
AyumiVk said:

- Houseki no Kuni

I'm about 90% sure that this will happen within 2 years
Aug 18, 2018 10:48 AM

Jun 2016
Lanz said:
AyumiVk said:

- Houseki no Kuni

I'm about 90% sure that this will happen within 2 years

Well, i really hope so since the first season ended when things were getting even better, and i dont really like the manga's art style so i dont think i will be reading it i think..
Aug 18, 2018 11:09 AM

Apr 2015
Nithirel said:
Damn dude, like half my list. But if I had to choose a few it'd probably be:

- Arslan Senki
- Baby Steps
- Hunter x Hunter

Ohhh !!! Did I hear someone say BABY STEPS ?!

Yes, that S3 needs to happen ! Although, Studio Pierrot (against everything) did a mighty adaptation so it's not like I would feel immensely disappointed if they didn't do another one.

Also I would easily add these into my list. People have already said some of them but here it is :

- Gatchaman Crowds, S3

- World Trigger, but it seems the harsh reality of Shonen Jump made it so that the author wasn't heathly anymore ... gotta prioritize your health first !

- Kuroshitsuji S3, which follows after the Book of Murder and Atlantic Arc of the manga.
Aug 18, 2018 11:12 AM

May 2018
Nana
Samurai Champloo
Death Parade
Arslan Senki
Aug 18, 2018 11:46 AM
Aug 2018
Sabak said:
Totally agree with First post, Log Horizon was amazing. This anime deaerve more like Sao or any other anime.
yeah even if the second season was pretty dissapointing
KuuhakuDesu said:
Hyouka
Conclusion, please?

Kokoro Connect
Conclusion, PLEASE?

World Trigger
RIP manga.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
RIP Atelier BWCA

Log Horizon
RIP light novel (also, Deen killed it at S2)

Shimoneta
Press F for dirty jokes

Tokyo Ravens
CONCLUSION, PLZ??

Ao Haru Ride
Io's new manga has more chance of being adapted, tbh

Accel World
SAO's distant cousin needs some love.

Gatchaman Crowds
BIRD, GO!

Tenkyu no Alderamin
Madhouse, you fucks did Overlord S2 and S3. There are no excuses.

I could do this all day.
By the way, what's with Konosuba?

Wasn't this supposed to be about anime that probably won't receive sequels?
damn it log horizon was supposed to be gppd nut deen killed it season 2 I've got to say that the first season was executed amazingly but the second was messed they should have wait another year for the source material to advance to it's story
Aug 18, 2018 11:52 AM
Aug 2018
Mkim said:
I could see another Love Live happening, sunshine is still going with a 2019 movie
still a movie is confirmed and will be release next year but I'm waiting for a new chapter of love live with a fresh set of girls (not the PDP).
Aug 18, 2018 11:54 AM

Aug 2017
Owari no seraph should get one and finish properly.
I'm hoping Houseki no Kuni gets one but I'm not sure
Aug 18, 2018 11:57 AM
Jan 2017
Neptunia. But in all due respect, 2nd seasons are never good.
Aug 18, 2018 12:06 PM

May 2012
3rd season or complete adaptation of Owari no seraph

No Game No life

Magi

Accel World

Btooom

Trinity Seven

Claymore (but they have to fix the original ending in season 1)

I totally disagree with you about log horizon deserving new season more than SAO. SAO was much more entertaining for me, and I also heard that Alicization will be even better than previous seasons

thepathAug 18, 2018 12:31 PM
Aug 18, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2018
Magi and Bleach (maybe even adapting the light novels and improving the final fight from the manga to get a better ending)
Aug 18, 2018 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Spice And Wolf, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Deadman Wonderland, No Game No Life, Ouran High School Host Club, Aoi Hana, there's a lot of them.
Aug 18, 2018 3:27 PM

Jul 2017
Pullman said:

Zeruk said:
1. Sket dance
2. Pandora hearts
3. Grimgar
4. Kaiji
5. Barakamon

why did you think kaiji got worse in season 2 though? imo it was just as good, though I understand the second part may have been a bit slow.
Aug 18, 2018 3:46 PM

Nov 2013
Since the title is saying "New season for animes that are good but probably won't happen", I can't think of any anime to use as an example, since we have an infinite future ahead, and all anime that already had a first season have a chance to have a second one, except those that already have their source materials fully adapted, but then, that's just a reason for me to not want another season of them.
But when it comes to series that I really like and are taking too long to receive a second season, I would say Rokka no Yuusha and Zaregoto. These two series definitely deserve a second season.
ColtBuntlineAug 18, 2018 3:49 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Aug 18, 2018 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
Zehennagel said:
Pullman said:

why did you think kaiji got worse in season 2 though? imo it was just as good, though I understand the second part may have been a bit slow.

1. The pacing as you said
2. The person vs person psychological 'games' in part 1 were just more interesting than trying to beat a machine to me.
3. There were also more different games, more variety.
4. There were more interesting side characters as well.
5. Some of the thematic elements of season 1 weren't as present in season 2 anymore.
6. In general the strengths of the show played better in a battle royal or 1v1 situation than when he was just trying to beat a machine.

Mainly those criticism's are aimed at the bog arc, I still loved the first arc of that season as it still carries the 'spirit' of what made Kaiji so enjoyable to me. The bog would have been fine too if it had been shorter and followed up something else that didn't involve a machine, but since it's the worst arc for me and at the same time takes up more than half of season 2, I can't help but feel the show declined or the author just ran out of ideas for interesting games/competitions. Which is also backed by the fact that after the bog he only did mahjong stuff.
Aug 18, 2018 3:54 PM

Apr 2018
I'd love to have new seasons of Grimgar, Alderamin in the Sky, Log Horizon, No Game No Life, Btooom!
Aug 18, 2018 4:17 PM

Jul 2017
Pullman said:
Zehennagel said:

2. The person vs person psychological 'games' in part 1 were just more interesting than trying to beat a machine to me.
5. Some of the thematic elements of season 1 weren't as present in season 2 anymore.
6. In general the strengths of the show played better in a battle royal or 1v1 situation than when he was just trying to beat a machine.

Mainly those criticism's are aimed at the bog arc, I still loved the first arc of that season as it still carries the 'spirit' of what made Kaiji so enjoyable to me. The bog would have been fine too if it had been shorter and followed up something else that didn't involve a machine, but since it's the worst arc for me and at the same time takes up more than half of season 2, I can't help but feel the show declined or the author just ran out of ideas for interesting games/competitions. Which is also backed by the fact that after the bog he only did mahjong stuff.

hum now that you say that it's true that S2 may have been a bit worse than S1 but imo I still found it great.
my favourite arcs are:
1)S1 part 2
2)S2 part 2
3)S2 part 1
4)S1 part 1
well I mostly like the part 1 of S1 less because MC was a bit too naive and the pacing was a bit slow imo but it's still good.

also you said that the manga becomes about majoung after part 3, how is that exactly? I remember being disapointed with akagi because I was so bored with majoung. well I'll read it soon anyway, but Id like to know how it realy is after the 2 first parts.
Aug 18, 2018 4:21 PM

Sep 2017
ouran s2 will never happen yet [insert anime i hate here] gets 9393848 seasons
Edward Elric > your waifu

Aug 18, 2018 4:25 PM

Jun 2016
pandora hearts definitely deserves a second season tbh, though i'd say it deserves the fmab treatment more
hugtto precure is an international treasure thank you for coming to my ted talk
Aug 18, 2018 4:35 PM
May 2018
1.Log Horizon season 3 will come out, not really sure when is the specific date is (maybe years or so) The 11th volume of the novel just released this year. And due to some “problems”. The author was not able to publish a new volume until earlier this march.

2.Konosuba has enough source material for new seasons.The light novel is FAR ahead.so expect more seasons of it in the following years uwu

I have not watched no.3

4.another sequel to love live? eh I think it’s a bad idea. Audience who watched the first two seasons will think it’s very repetitive. I already think love live sunshine is very similar to the first love live yet a little different at the same time
Aug 18, 2018 5:08 PM

Feb 2010
Zehennagel said:
Pullman said:

hum now that you say that it's true that S2 may have been a bit worse than S1 but imo I still found it great.
my favourite arcs are:
1)S1 part 2
2)S2 part 2
3)S2 part 1
4)S1 part 1
well I mostly like the part 1 of S1 less because MC was a bit too naive and the pacing was a bit slow imo but it's still good.

also you said that the manga becomes about majoung after part 3, how is that exactly? I remember being disapointed with akagi because I was so bored with majoung. well I'll read it soon anyway, but Id like to know how it realy is after the 2 first parts.

I don't know, I didn't read it, only skimmed through it to see if there's any other games coming up that look interesting but all I saw was Mahjong. And then you have reviews for the sequel manga that say stuff like this:

One point it felt like I was sitting in a empty room with mahjong tiles going all around my head and spinning endlessly. That's great way to describe it's story.

But now that I look into a bit it seems that part 4 & 5 might have non-mahjong stuff again tho so idk. I think part 4 had only just started when I read the manga so my information might be outdated/limited to part 3.
Aug 18, 2018 5:21 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
KatsutoSaki said:
To Love Ru Darkness...
Why can't it happen? Because they ended it without any conclusion...

I mean, finishing up a Darkness adaptation could happen and the way the manga ended won't have any impact on that, i.e. Motto showed the ending to the original manga series and it was as conclusive as fuck all as well. They've released OVAs as early as last year, recognizing it for being around for 10 years. Saw an advert for some TLR card thing in a local anime/manga they had on the shelf at Rewe a while back, too. While I wouldn't bet a lot money on it, I don't think continuing the adaptation of the Darkness manga is at all in the realm of hopeless/never happening, especially not just because of the way in which it ended. They still have a good amount to work with there and the series isn't exactly dead in the water in the slightest.

But I guess I can say that the TLR "sequel" I'd want that is totally not in the cards would adaptations of the hordes of stuff that didn't make it from the original manga series into its anime adaptation xP Maybe even a straight up remake, even though I'm not anti-original anime adaptation (I like it quite a bit still, except for how they downplayed Run's more bitchy elements at times, which is my major mark against the first season and its OVAs specifically and that didn't really get mended until Motto) just because I do like how they handled a lot of elements in the source better than they did with a lot of the anime original stuff. Would love to see it put more into motion straight-up too, but that wouldn't happen even if pigs flew so eh.

-----------

For sequels I want, Sankarea (with the same director specifically), Nagasarete Airantou, Kenkou Zenrekai Suieibu Umishou, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, DearS. Never, ever getting a sequel/continuation, but I'd be ecstatic if they did.
ManabanAug 18, 2018 5:32 PM

Aug 18, 2018 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
FragileGlass said:

There's Perfect Dream Project group. And LoveLive franchise is vastly popular in Japan so I doubt they'll end the franchise on LoveLive Sunshine.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How far are you willing to forgive anime for its obvious (to you) disadvantages?

RobertBobert - 6 hours ago

16 by inim »»
11 seconds ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

71 by PlasticRobot »»
5 minutes ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Apr 30

33 by JoeChip »»
12 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

117 by LostSpectre »»
17 minutes ago

» Best pink haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 22

57 by Lhundrup »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.