Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2018 6:03 PM

Nov 2017
Draconix814 said:
sarroush said:
Let's go. Waiting for round 2 of the whole 'THIS IS SEXUAL ASSAULT! THIS IS RAPE THE ANIME!' comments. 🙄

We had chapter 2 adapted and 80-85% of chapter 3. Pretty neat. Looking forward to next week.

I love Yuzu as a character overall. She has everything an MC should have.

I find it funny that Harumin comments on Yuzu wearing make up, but over half the shots have her face completely free of make-up. Animators, plz! Overall though, solid adaptation. Makes me want to re-read the manga for the more emotionally intense bits.

I think assuming 2 chapters per episode for now doesn't seem too bad. I just want chapter 24 adapted. But I don't want the anime to feel too rushed. Will see what happens I guess!

They're going to adapt up to Chapter 16 this season, which is volume 4, and I guess it depends on how well it sells for it to get another season. Hopefully the animation errors will be fixed in the blu-rays. Btw, I think you meant Chapter 25, and I really hope it gets adapted too.

Wait how do you know? Got any proof?
Jan 13, 2018 6:13 PM
Jul 2014
NathanusMaximus said:
These "rapey" scenes are weird.
These scenes in the manga were emotional and dramatic but really well done. However, seeing them animated, they lost a lot of the emotion and became more rapey and awkward.
Still enjoying the romance building though.
what's different about it? It's all the same tbh. This anime is adapting the manga properly so far. I don't even know what people want from anime. If a series doesn't adapt a manga properly people are complaining and yet when an anime tends to adapt a manga properly it also seems to get nitpicked. It gets kind of furiating. Don't take this comment as a rant to you though. I'm just trying to figure out what it is that is different. :)
Jan 13, 2018 6:26 PM

Jun 2015
EP2 and Yuzu has already been expelled!

I get that Mei has problems but lol she must cope with it by sexually harassing Yuzu all the time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2018 6:29 PM
May 2016
Unleashed_SM said:
NathanusMaximus said:
These "rapey" scenes are weird.
These scenes in the manga were emotional and dramatic but really well done. However, seeing them animated, they lost a lot of the emotion and became more rapey and awkward.
Still enjoying the romance building though.
what's different about it? It's all the same tbh. This anime is adapting the manga properly so far. I don't even know what people want from anime. If a series doesn't adapt a manga properly people are complaining and yet when an anime tends to adapt a manga properly it also seems to get nitpicked. It gets kind of furiating. Don't take this comment as a rant to you though. I'm just trying to figure out what it is that is different. :)

Its a good adaptation that Im enjoying but the manga doesnt have the moaning/crying/sounds of a struggle. Its just emotion and drama. The audio so far in the anime, despite being good, comes off as rapey.
In the manga she likes kissing Mei but is hesitant to admit those feelings.
In the anime it sounds like she hates it and is being raped.
Jan 13, 2018 6:30 PM

Sep 2015
TheSupremeXtream said:
Draconix814 said:

They're going to adapt up to Chapter 16 this season, which is volume 4, and I guess it depends on how well it sells for it to get another season. Hopefully the animation errors will be fixed in the blu-rays. Btw, I think you meant Chapter 25, and I really hope it gets adapted too.

This is pretty evident, unless they miraculously decide to make 24 episodes.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-01-07/citrus-anime-listed-with-4-home-video-volumes/.126140
Jan 13, 2018 6:32 PM

Nov 2017
Draconix814 said:
TheSupremeXtream said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-01-07/citrus-anime-listed-with-4-home-video-volumes/.126140

Well just because it has 4 Home Video Volumes, does that really mean it's gonna adapt 4 Volumes of the Manga?
Jan 13, 2018 6:37 PM

Sep 2015
NathanusMaximus said:
Unleashed_SM said:

Its a good adaptation that Im enjoying but the manga doesnt have the moaning/crying/sounds of a struggle. Its just emotion and drama. The audio so far in the anime, despite being good, comes off as rapey.

What is with everyone saying the anime is "rapey" in comparison? If you or any other reader didn't read that scene in that way, then you were just straight up delusional. All that the anime did was convey the same point by using animation instead of still panels, it should be PRAISED.
Jan 13, 2018 6:43 PM

Sep 2015
TheSupremeXtream said:
Draconix814 said:

Well just because it has 4 Home Video Volumes, does that really mean it's gonna adapt 4 Volumes of the Manga?

The climax of that volume is in the freaking op, what else do you want from me? By the way, there isn't enough content to make it to 24 episodes (without coming really close to the manga), and there hasn't been a Yuri anime that got two cours in a row since Strawberry Panic. Give up. They're adapting each volume in 3 episodes.
Jan 13, 2018 6:47 PM
May 2016
Draconix814 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

What is with everyone saying the anime is "rapey" in comparison? If you or any other reader didn't read that scene in that way, then you were just straight up delusional. All that the anime did was convey the same point by using animation instead of still panels, it should be PRAISED.

I read the manga and read it like 2 girls that like each other but one is slightly autistic (Mei) and doesnt know how to convey her emotions because of how she was raised. And the other (Yuzu) has never felt like that about someone before and to her, everything about it feels wrong so she is hesitant but she likes it so she doesnt fight it.
That particular bed scene at the end is very emotional in the manga with well drawn facial expressions. The anime quite literally gave off a rape feeling. Saying no while being held down and stripped. It is only small differences but they change the feeling.
In my opinion anyway.
Jan 13, 2018 6:48 PM

Nov 2017
Draconix814 said:
TheSupremeXtream said:

The climax of that volume is in the freaking op, what else do you want from me? By the way, there isn't enough content to make it to 24 episodes (without coming really close to the manga), and there hasn't been a Yuri anime that got two cours in a row since Strawberry Panic. Give up. They're adapting each volume in 3 episodes.

Well, a lot of people say the promotional material shows a character from after Volume 4, so either they're gonna pull a Watamote and fit in that character earlier than her Debut or it could go slightly after that.
Jan 13, 2018 6:49 PM

Sep 2015
TheSupremeXtream said:
Draconix814 said:

Well, a lot of people say the promotional material shows a character from after Volume 4, so either they're gonna pull a Watamote and fit in that character earlier than her Debut or it could go slightly after that.

NO, they're ADAPTING Volume 4, and ENDING it before Volume 5.
Jan 13, 2018 6:52 PM

Nov 2017
Draconix814 said:
TheSupremeXtream said:

Typo. I meant it would go a little after Volume 4 into Volume 5 because some people say a Volume 5 Character appears in the Promotional Art, but they could also just pull a Watamote and end it at Chapter 16 with that character making an early debut.
Jan 13, 2018 6:54 PM

Sep 2015
NathanusMaximus said:
Draconix814 said:

I read the manga and read it like 2 girls that like each other but one is slightly autistic (Mei) and doesnt know how to convey her emotions because of how she was raised. And the other (Yuzu) has never felt like that about someone before and to her, everything about it feels wrong so she is hesitant but she likes it so she doesnt fight it.
That particular bed scene at the end is very emotional in the manga with well drawn facial expressions. The anime quite literally gave off a rape feeling. Saying no while being held down and stripped. It is only small differences but they change the feeling.
In my opinion anyway.

Thank you for proving my point. Those that are nitpicking the adaptation are 50% delusional, and 50% looking for reasons to criticize the adaptation. Wake up. Citrus is lucky af to get an adaptation of this caliber.
Jan 13, 2018 6:56 PM

Sep 2015
TheSupremeXtream said:
Draconix814 said:

Typo. I meant it would go a little after Volume 4 into Volume 5 because some people say a Volume 5 Character appears in the Promotional Art, but they could also just pull a Watamote and end it at Chapter 16 with that character making an early debut.

Show me the promotional art. You know? Proof.
Jan 13, 2018 6:58 PM

Nov 2017
Draconix814 said:
TheSupremeXtream said:

I have no Idea who the Character even is (since I'm not there yet in the manga). I'm just going by hearsay. Although a lot of Anime do pull Watamotes to get characters introduced earlier on.
Jan 13, 2018 7:07 PM

Sep 2015
TheSupremeXtream said:
Draconix814 said:

I have no Idea who the Character even is (since I'm not there yet in the manga). I'm just going by hearsay. Although a lot of Anime do pull Watamotes to get characters introduced earlier on.

The only promotional art I see is the anime's visual, which is currently the one MAL is using for the anime's page. You see the girls that have white hair? They appear in Volume 4, and there isn't any other character that appears after them on that visual. Why would they even pull something like that anyways? The character for whom you are apparently referring to has no place in the narrative until after Volume 4, so they can't even show a glimpse of her until the very end of the anime. What are you even trying to prove? Its not like you read the manga.
Jan 13, 2018 7:16 PM

Jan 2018
What an episode!

The way Mei acts and how she said "I know" when Yuzu told her about the male teacher shows that she is okay being used by other people. Looks like Yuzu is breaking the shell on Mei and reaching her feelings, which will win her over, for example the bedroom scene!

I'm starting to like Yuzu's carefree attitude.
Good episode, cant wait for the next one!

Jan 13, 2018 7:18 PM
Jan 2018
sarroush said:
Let's go. Waiting for round 2 of the whole 'THIS IS SEXUAL ASSAULT! THIS IS RAPE THE ANIME!' comments. 🙄

Well, since I'm the bugbear that was called, here I am.

This was sexual assault and Mei is an irredeemable rapist. and the speed with which Yuzu gets the Stockholm Syndrome is quite impressive.

Still watching it, because their relationship has incredible growth potential.

But I will not shut up about the simple fact that Mei is an immature rapist. She doesn't deserve Yuzu.

I will will stop touting this horn when the anime contradicts this by changing it's presentation of Mei, not a moment sooner.
Jan 13, 2018 7:20 PM
May 2016
Draconix814 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

In my opinion anyway.

Thank you for proving my point. Those that are nitpicking the adaptation are 50% delusional, and 50% looking for reasons to criticize the adaptation. Wake up. Citrus is lucky af to get an adaptation of this caliber.

Wut? You seem pretty upset. People are entitled to their opinions. Just because you disagree doesnt mean my opinion is wrong, its just different.
I am not delusional nor am I looking for any reason to criticize it. I am enjoying it a lot and gave it a praising review (which was later removed). Its a great start to year to begin on a great anime. However, its not as good as youre praising it to be.
above average sure but its not godlike.
Leave people to their own opinions. Insulting someone with a different opinion just shows immaturity.
Jan 13, 2018 7:37 PM

Nov 2016
As expected, this show got quite dramatic pretty quick,but I don't mind,since I'm a sucker for these kind of shows.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2018 7:51 PM

Nov 2017
Why are people griping about Yuzu's Hair since to me it seems like it's her Natural Hair Colour? If she dyed it, it could cause trouble in the future in terms of continuity since Hair Dye is Temporary and she would have to continue dying it and dying it which would be an issue for the future since why would Mei allow her to do that in the first place on her watch?
Jan 13, 2018 8:29 PM

Jul 2017
I'm really enjoying the adaptation, Citrus is one of my favorite Yuri manga and the adaptation seems to be doing a very fine job. If this season adapts through volume 4, I think the pacing will work out great.

It's unfortunate that the adaptation is far more prone to getting dropped early on before things settle into place with the girls' relationship, but I've thought from before the show even aired that those who didn't like/haven't read the manga are unlikely to stick with it unless they are already Yuri fans.

Missing out on some juicy Yuri drama though, just saying :)
Jan 13, 2018 8:33 PM
Jul 2014
To be honest, I was not a big fan of the first episode, mostly due to Mei's progressions. But I think this episode shines some light and reasoning to this.

In hindsight, Citrus is a typical trope-y romance that kinda breaks the yuri mold it is supposed to follow. Ironic to follow cliches to be unique. Either way, the foil between the two main characters are very apparent. Yuzu is very "do before you think", and always wants to stand out and make her own rules to the game. Being honest to herself, she is quite non-conformist, as shown when she was going against the chairman's demands. However, as seen when she threw that speech against Amamiya-sensei to try and help Mei, Yuzu realizes that her actions can lead to consequences. Regardless, it is very refreshing to have a protagonist, who is willing to go against conformism to genuinely take care of someone she cares for.

Some say the chairman is an unrealistic character, but I can personally believe someone like him could exist in the real world. As someone like him who is so old, rich, and successful, it isn't surprising to see that believes his old-school ideal of an education system works, and his stubbornness would lead him to brute force through intimidation in order to prove he's right.

The stubbornness looks to play part in how Mei foils from Yuzu. At first, Mei is cold, and has that "aura" that makes her seem powerful. However, as Yuzu finds out, Mei is actually very submissive, and incredibly conformist. She'll listen to any demand from her grandfather, and even be in that arranged marriage with the teacher. Mei simply follows what's given to her (such as school rules), and does not dare challenge it. But she is actually very sensitive and fragile. When Yuzu pokes holes into her motives, Mei can't handle it. It threatens her superiority. It's unfortunate that she turns to sexual violence in order to regain that sense of dominance and power, but I think it is logical for her as a character. Mei takes advantage of Yuzu in order to cover her fragile core.

There is fanservice, yes. There is angst, yes. But I think they help the series convey the storytelling. The shower scene was an example of how the series hints towards Mei's underlying troubles inside her. She may not be likeable to many, but it did shed light to how the story will progress, and how Yuzu will cope with this. And the constant angst and melodrama the story adds frankly puts the viewer into chaos, which is a great representation of how Yuzu feels in her life in general. Getting in a new family, new school, and new complex relationship with her sister, we get a sense of how the protagonist sees the world too. Combined with the better than expected art, I think this series shows a lot more promise than I initially thought it would do.

Can't guarantee what will happen in the future, but as of now, looking forward to the next few episodes.
Jan 13, 2018 8:42 PM

Jan 2017
Mamumba_Mobono said:

This was sexual assault and Mei is an irredeemable rapist. and the speed with which Yuzu gets the Stockholm Syndrome is quite impressive.

But I will not shut up about the simple fact that Mei is an immature rapist. She doesn't deserve Yuzu.

I will will stop touting this horn when the anime contradicts this by changing it's presentation of Mei, not a moment sooner.

Even if it were possible for Mei to be a rapist, it's obvious that Yuzu is not being raped because her attempts at "fighting back" are very feeble. She clearly wants what is happening to her or else she would be making real attempts to stop Mei's advances. She would also be trying to distance herself from Mei in social situations which, judging by the latest episode, is the opposite of what's Yuzu wants.
My name is 3DPD and this is my Internet forum signature. If there's anything I've learned in 21 years of using Internet forums, it's that life is meaningless and nothing we say or do here will matter in the grand scheme of things.
Jan 13, 2018 8:47 PM

Apr 2015
3DPD said:
Mamumba_Mobono said:

Even if it were possible for Mei to be a rapist, it's obvious that Yuzu is not being raped because her attempts at "fighting back" are very feeble. She clearly wants what is happening to her or else she would be making real attempts to stop Mei's advances. She would also be trying to distance herself from Mei in social situations which, judging by the latest episode, is the opposite of what's Yuzu wants.

LOL DUDE DON'T LOSE YOUR TIME WITH THAT GUY XD. He will say that Yuzu has Stockholm syndrome because that's why she didn't reacted, like she doesn't have the free will to want it because IT'S ALWAYS RAPE EVEN IF YOU WANT IT :DDDD!

Jan 13, 2018 8:51 PM
Nov 2016
as much as I'd love to enjoy this show, so far I haven't.
Seems just really weird and the characters just feel dumb to me.
Hopefully it will change later on.

Jan 13, 2018 9:13 PM

Nov 2017
3DPD said:
Mamumba_Mobono said:

Ever heard of something called "Attempted Rape"? It exists and it's a crime!
Jan 13, 2018 9:28 PM

Jan 2017
TheSupremeXtream said:
3DPD said:

Are you trying to troll me? It's obvious that Yuzu does not mind the attention. In fact, by seeking out Mei after she is taken from home, she is inviting that sort of sexual contact.
My name is 3DPD and this is my Internet forum signature. If there's anything I've learned in 21 years of using Internet forums, it's that life is meaningless and nothing we say or do here will matter in the grand scheme of things.
Jan 13, 2018 10:01 PM

Feb 2014
I get that she's frustrated because of all the shit she's been going through, but does she really needs to be so rapey? I thought that was supposed to be a yaoi thing. But now that Yuzu has realized her own feelings, maybe even her sexuality, I guess these scenes will be much more consensual from now on.

And that whole scene near the school's gate with Yuzu calling the chairman grandpa was the definition of secondhand embarrassment.
Jan 13, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2017
Swagernator said:
The melodrama is killing me here, i feel like those two girls are carrying the weight of the whole world lol.

almost all the early conflict is melodrama. so let's be real, you're stay for the yuri

come, you sweet hour of death
Jan 13, 2018 10:22 PM

May 2015
I like Yuzu. She might not follow the school rules, but she's a good big sister to care for Mei like that. And she's got guts too as shown at the assembly lol.

Something is really messed up with Mei though. She must of really snapped to force Yuzu down like that. I don't think her being in an all-girls school is the main reason. Perhaps it has something to do with her father? I can think of one pretty good reason why Mei acts like this. If it's about love, then I can guess where she's coming from.

The chairman though...What's up his butt?
Jan 13, 2018 10:25 PM

Nov 2017
3DPD said:
TheSupremeXtream said:

Are you trying to troll me? It's obvious that Yuzu does not mind the attention. In fact, by seeking out Mei after she is taken from home, she is inviting that sort of sexual contact.

So you're victim blaming? Idk man, I don't think anyone should have to be thwarted from going to someone's house under risk of being Sexually Assaulted. Besides she was going there to return her suitcase in this Adaptation (unlike in the Manga where she followed her, and maybe then you can make a case). Either way you're logic is retarded!
Jan 13, 2018 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
I think it is alright episode(especially Yuzu realize something at the end). Problem is I can't stand Yuzu's some awful decision especially calling grampa in public and etc..
Anyway what I was looking for is quite developing well ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 13, 2018 11:28 PM

Mar 2016
Okay well a big Oof! Mei got some issues...

All grandfather is a major bitch!
What’s gonna happen next?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 12:04 AM
Feb 2012
This shit is no different tthan a Nakamura Shungiku anime lmao.
Jan 14, 2018 1:32 AM

Apr 2016
Abhorrent said:
so let's be real, you're stay for the yuri

Well, of course i will, i started this show for that.
Jan 14, 2018 2:20 AM

Nov 2014
Mei's like a tsundere, but instead of calling you an idiot when you put her on the spot, she sexually assaults you XD

It's certainly amusing to watch, but I'm definitely waiting for the moment where it supposedly makes it a masterpiece that stands out among other yuri stuff.... or something. At least that's what I've heard from people who praise this.

As of now the show seems to be delving into Mei's background, but hopefully it gets to getting us a little more invested to a character other than the Mei or Yuzu and doesn't make it seem like the world revolves around how taboo their relationship is as they passionately kiss each other. Harumi seems like a good character for this considering that teacher Mei was engaged to got fucked out of the picture pretty quickly (at least I think so).

There were pretty awkward moments that kinda took me out of the show though... Yuzu yelling "baka" multiple times at the school gate in response to the chairman's harsh criticism of her felt seriously out of place. Yuzu's crying at the realisation that she loved Mei was another one.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 14, 2018 4:06 AM
Jan 2018
3DPD said:

"It's not rape because your attempts at defense are too half-assed" is I think the single most disgusting rape apolgetics I've heard in my entire life :v

It's actually quite irrelevant whether Yuzu wants it or not (I posit that you have very little reason to think she genuinely does beyond a surprisingly rapid Stockholm syndrome), what matters are Mei's intentions and the anime makes no attempts to present her as anything but malicious. For all we know her ONLY goal is to hurt Yuzu. Everything else is sheer rationalization on your part. You can SAY her reasons are more complicated, but you're literally contradicting the show.

Stop twisting what you're being shown to have your juvenile fantasy and just take the story at face value.
_MandM_Jan 14, 2018 5:45 AM
Jan 14, 2018 4:50 AM

May 2017

Now that she's discovered her lesbian side, she even removed her long nails. True love
Jan 14, 2018 5:27 AM

Sep 2017
The amount of times Mei has advanced sexually on Yuzu already with seemingly no good intentions is pretty messed up. Call it rapey or whatever you want it just comes off as weird. Hmm maybe not the best first Yuri to watch.
Jan 14, 2018 5:44 AM
Jan 2018
awal said:
The amount of times Mei has advanced sexually on Yuzu already with seemingly no good intentions is pretty messed up. Call it rapey or whatever you want it just comes off as weird. Hmm maybe not the best first Yuri to watch.

Eeeeeh. It actually fits comfortably within your typical Yuri trope. This genre is marked by tragedy and drama.

If you want something cute, heartwarming and mature I recommend Candy Boy. It's god's gift to mankind.
Jan 14, 2018 6:09 AM

Sep 2017
Mamumba_Mobono said:
awal said:

Eeeeeh. It actually fits comfortably within your typical Yuri trope. This genre is marked by tragedy and drama.

If you want something cute, heartwarming and mature I recommend Candy Boy. It's god's gift to mankind.

Oh alright hmm I'm still going to watch it see how it goes but thanks I'll check it out.
Jan 14, 2018 6:11 AM

May 2012
This is even better than 1st episode which was already good

This is not just fanserivce show, it has a good story and drama
Jan 14, 2018 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
It's like I'm watching a romance between Kirino (Oreimo) and Senjougahara (Bake).
I was surprise when I saw it wasn't Senjous VA, but still, her voice is soo similar.
Jan 14, 2018 6:31 AM

Jul 2009
Even having already read the manga passed that point, I still wasn't ready for the scene when the chairman barged in. Severe case of second-hand embarassment right there lol.

I'm really liking Yuzu so far. There's just something about her that makes her so...lovable. Sure, some of her decisions are pretty cringeworthy, but I think they complement her eccentric personality well. She's what I'd call a likable 'genki' character.

Mei is quite static, but I'm sure that will change after her development kicks in. She's supposed to be an antithesis to Yuzu anyway so that's explainable.

I'm liking the melodrama too. A bit sharp but not reaching trainwreck territory yet thankfully.
Jan 14, 2018 6:48 AM

May 2008
All I see is a remake of that bedroom Evangelion scene.
Jan 14, 2018 7:55 AM

Feb 2015
I "liked" this episode. But that's probably a bias towards the yuri aspect. I'm sure I'd have dropped this if it was a boy and girl...

Because the pacing is very off. It jumps around, I mean the transition into Yuzu interrupting the speech was jarring. It lacks buildup and consistency.

Mei... It can certainly be argued that she's kinda rape-y. She's obviously very troubled (a lot of daddy issues) and it is hard to tell when she's being sincere and what she's feeling. Yuzu is much more transparent. She's frustrated and obviously has strong feeling for Mei. I like her.

I want to keep going but I'm still watching with a critical eye. If it gets really stupid I might drop.

Edit: The reason I'm worried it will get stupid is because there are 4 other girls on the poster. If they get in the way, add too much melodrama and excessive "mah feels" arcs, it'll probably annoy me. That's one of the reasons I dropped Kuzu no Honkai.
Oreomonogatari72Jan 14, 2018 8:01 AM
Jan 14, 2018 8:19 AM

Mar 2010
SBphiloz4 said:
To be honest, I was not a big fan of the first episode, mostly due to Mei's progressions. But I think this episode shines some light and reasoning to this.

In hindsight, Citrus is a typical trope-y romance that kinda breaks the yuri mold it is supposed to follow. Ironic to follow cliches to be unique. Either way, the foil between the two main characters are very apparent. Yuzu is very "do before you think", and always wants to stand out and make her own rules to the game. Being honest to herself, she is quite non-conformist, as shown when she was going against the chairman's demands. However, as seen when she threw that speech against Amamiya-sensei to try and help Mei, Yuzu realizes that her actions can lead to consequences. Regardless, it is very refreshing to have a protagonist, who is willing to go against conformism to genuinely take care of someone she cares for.

Some say the chairman is an unrealistic character, but I can personally believe someone like him could exist in the real world. As someone like him who is so old, rich, and successful, it isn't surprising to see that believes his old-school ideal of an education system works, and his stubbornness would lead him to brute force through intimidation in order to prove he's right.

The stubbornness looks to play part in how Mei foils from Yuzu. At first, Mei is cold, and has that "aura" that makes her seem powerful. However, as Yuzu finds out, Mei is actually very submissive, and incredibly conformist. She'll listen to any demand from her grandfather, and even be in that arranged marriage with the teacher. Mei simply follows what's given to her (such as school rules), and does not dare challenge it. But she is actually very sensitive and fragile. When Yuzu pokes holes into her motives, Mei can't handle it. It threatens her superiority. It's unfortunate that she turns to sexual violence in order to regain that sense of dominance and power, but I think it is logical for her as a character. Mei takes advantage of Yuzu in order to cover her fragile core.

There is fanservice, yes. There is angst, yes. But I think they help the series convey the storytelling. The shower scene was an example of how the series hints towards Mei's underlying troubles inside her. She may not be likeable to many, but it did shed light to how the story will progress, and how Yuzu will cope with this. And the constant angst and melodrama the story adds frankly puts the viewer into chaos, which is a great representation of how Yuzu feels in her life in general. Getting in a new family, new school, and new complex relationship with her sister, we get a sense of how the protagonist sees the world too. Combined with the better than expected art, I think this series shows a lot more promise than I initially thought it would do.

Can't guarantee what will happen in the future, but as of now, looking forward to the next few episodes.

I agree with every word you say, I couldn't phrase better what I think of this show this far.
Jan 14, 2018 9:14 AM

Apr 2017
It's rushed, especially the supposed "feelings", and I don't like that the yuri is being super obviously pushed, but I do like the character dynamic of Mei's emotional damage, which makes her lash out with inappropriate intimacy, making Yuzu analyze her own feelings (since she's inexperienced).
Jan 14, 2018 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
why yall giving up now? its gonna get better.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.