Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2018 2:11 PM

Nov 2017
since i noticed every time you say something negative in a thread people answer you with "just don't watch the show" or "your opinion doesn't matter" i thought we needed a thread to just complain about shit anime, shit things about the anime community without being judged into haing positive opinions

i will start. shonen anime are awful, i'm tired of seing gintama in the top ten, violet evergarden is not overrated
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 12, 2018 2:16 PM

Apr 2016
Battle shounens are bad in general, and thats the fact.
Jan 12, 2018 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
Well, I'd say just don't watch the show tbh
I probably regret this post by now.

Jun 2017
Anime shows are bad in general, and thats the fact

Nov 2017
_Hero_ said:
Battle Shounen anime underrated and most people have no fucking clue what shounen is in the first place. Half of the shows that people are about to call shit are not really shit, some are even good or great but they either:
A) Are moral fags and cannot look at the show without their heavy bias.
B) Confuse "Hate" and "Bad", those two words are seperate words with seperate definitions for a reason.

i think they are designed to appeal to male viewers and i can't stand to watch battles
Jan 12, 2018 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
Tsunderes are disgusting creatures
Burn them with fire
Jan 12, 2018 2:21 PM

Nov 2017
_Hero_ said:
agahtha said:

i think they are designed to appeal to male viewers and i can't stand to watch battles
Well then, just refer to point B please.

most shonen are founded in clichès, i think that's pretty bad when i already know what's going to happen before it does

Jul 2015
Overlord is the worst anime I've ever seen.
Jul 2018
Battle shounens are complete shit in most cases.
Overlord is a crappy show
Naruto was the biggest waste of the decade
Most anime is cheap copy pasta.

Just came for the post count, close to 1000
Jan 12, 2018 2:22 PM

Jul 2015
My main complaint about anime is all the people who like to complain about anime instead of just watching and enjoying anime for what it is!
Jan 12, 2018 2:23 PM

Nov 2017
Nocturn3 said:

i wasted half my life watching naruto, it made me fall into emptiness
Jan 12, 2018 2:24 PM

Jan 2017
tragedydesu said:
Burn them with fire

Agree. So much. Tsunderes are one of my most hated anime tropes.
Jan 12, 2018 2:24 PM

Feb 2016
Madoka:Rebellion is objectively a dogshit fanservice cashgrab devoid of logic and consistency with the original series.
Jan 12, 2018 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
agahtha said:
Nocturn3 said:

i wasted half my life watching naruto, it made me fall into emptiness

Yeah, that rushed ending, crappy fillers and all the cringy part of the last battle.... They ruined the show. I think everything after the "beach battle" at the start of the great war as crap.
The Kakashi filler was nice tho, and the memes about it even nicer.
Jan 12, 2018 2:27 PM

Nov 2017
_Hero_ said:
agahtha said:

most shonen are founded in clichès, i think that's pretty bad when i already know what's going to happen before it does
Cliches are not inheerently bad in the first place, but if you say so I would like to ask.
What cliches? And where are they use (aka what anime)?

i have in my mind Boku no hero academia, which is one clichè after another, you have a protagonist that has a dream but he's the underdog but you know he's gonna make it in the end so why am i reading this, then a couple villians that you know are going to be beaten, friendship, tournaments.... it made me so angry when it came out since i am a fan of the mangaka and his other works are so good but it's like he decided he needed to take everything that's cool now (superheroes) and ride that wave.
Jan 12, 2018 2:33 PM

Jan 2017
Elitist anime aren't that hard to get into. Like I personally enjoyed some of them.
And generic anime style sucks balls.
Cowboy Bebop is overrated.
Just because an anime has the tag ecchi or harem, it isn't an excuse for it to be total bullshit.
"Visuals don't matter in a manga" is a shit statement. If I wanted to only read a good story, I would've read a fucking novel.
Anime titties are waaay too unrealistic.
Jan 12, 2018 2:34 PM

Nov 2017
_demonpox said:
Elitist anime aren't that hard to get into. Like I personally enjoyed some of them.
And generic anime style sucks balls.
Cowboy Bebop is overrated.
Just because an anime has the tag ecchi or harem, it isn't an excuse for it to be total bullshit.
"Visuals don't matter in a manga" is a shit statement. If I wanted to only read a good story, I would've read a fucking novel.
Anime titties are waaay too unrealistic.

i fall asleep everytime i try to watch bebop
Jan 12, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2012
School Days is complete shit, it isn't more realistic than your average harem anime no matter how many of it's defenders say otherwise.

The One Piece community has reached new levels of stupidity and power level autism in the most recent arc.
Jan 12, 2018 2:36 PM

Sep 2017
garzey's wing is incredibly underrated and deserves more praise. same thing goes for fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, gurren lagann, fate/zero and hunter x hunter 2011
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 12, 2018 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
Kuzu no Honkai is underrated as the community only wants happy shitty endings.
Jan 12, 2018 2:43 PM

Nov 2015
A majority of anime nowadays is bad to a point I have to wonder if the industry is actively trying to be terrible.
Jan 12, 2018 2:55 PM

Jul 2012
agahtha said:
_Hero_ said:
Battle Shounen anime underrated and most people have no fucking clue what shounen is in the first place. Half of the shows that people are about to call shit are not really shit, some are even good or great but they either:
A) Are moral fags and cannot look at the show without their heavy bias.
B) Confuse "Hate" and "Bad", those two words are seperate words with seperate definitions for a reason.

Shounen by definition is intended to appeal to young men, that's basically the same as complaining that Shoujo is supposed to appeal to younger girls or Seinen is supposed to appeal to adult men or Josei to adult women. They're demographics based on the magazines they were published in not really genres.
GamerDLMJan 12, 2018 2:59 PM
Jan 12, 2018 3:22 PM
Jun 2017
Not all Isekai is bad. Even if a anime uses all the same tropes and cliches of its genre, it can still be good (that's for all the Overlord haters).
Jan 12, 2018 3:25 PM

Dec 2016
Nocturn3 said:

I actually dropped it because I thought they would shoehorn a happy ending into it

What's the difference?
Jan 12, 2018 3:28 PM

Mar 2016
Overlord is overrated

Nocturn3 said:

So fucking true
My name's Jeff
Jan 12, 2018 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
Daeamon said:
Nocturn3 said:

I actually dropped it because I thought they would shoehorn a happy ending into it

Shame on you!!!!!

MassOreoKiller said:
Overlord is overrated

Nocturn3 said:

So fucking true
[quote=MassOreoKiller message=53688974]Overlord is overrated

Glad to know you also appear to have good taste.
Jan 12, 2018 3:32 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Yanderes are creepy, not hot. So not hot.

Re:Zero and Re:Creators aren't that good. Average at best.

Fujoshi are some of the most often hated-on fandom subsets and, honestly, it's getting old. Real old.
OfDeathandLoveJan 12, 2018 4:44 PM

Jun 2017
ThIs DeFiNiTelY InCiTeS dIsCuSsIoN!
I'm a shitposter for fun

Apr 2013
I doubt there's gonna be another Anime in the future that has a good af OST like Made In Abyss had... oh wait, S2 lmao.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 12, 2018 3:36 PM

May 2010
Aquamirror said:
Madoka:Rebellion is objectively a dogshit fanservice cashgrab devoid of logic and consistency with the original series.

Everytime i see this..... i'm invoked with anger and fury on the inside.

LOL

This thread probably isn't for me, i can already feel my blood pressure rising.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 12, 2018 4:39 PM

Nov 2014
I wish the mal community was nicer instead of overly cynical and prone to instantly take an aggressively defensive stance whenever you try to talk to someone so that they don't have to reconsider their position on their self constructed analytical high-ground.

I'm not a fan of the extreme subjectivism that the community has in general it's a bit annoying.

Medieval fantasy is so often the same fucking garbage hotpot of video game characters with designs so complex you can't make them move and it's annoying as fuck.
Jan 12, 2018 5:20 PM

Nov 2007
agahtha said:
i will start. shonen anime are awful, i'm tired of seing gintama in the top ten, violet evergarden is not overrated

How long do you plan to continue with your Endless H8?

agahtha said:
i think that's pretty bad when i already know what's going to happen before it does

You may spend your entire life in Endless H8 but will never be able to predict Gintama.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 12, 2018 5:33 PM

Apr 2017
So this is a continuation of that Overlord thread? I already wasted most of my energy there.
ZionPulse said:
ThIs DeFiNiTelY InCiTeS dIsCuSsIoN!

Yeah, I think mods aren't gonna let this one fly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2018 5:49 PM

Apr 2012
It's annoying how a lot of people on MAL still use 'autistic' as an insult like they're in elementary school and they're trying to be gratingly edgy.

Also the constant fanservice of high school girls and the bad tropes people keep writing gay characters under is Exhausting and needs to stop even though I know they never will.

let's live heroically, let's live with style
Jan 12, 2018 6:25 PM

Oct 2015
My complaint to the community;
agahtha said:
i will start. shonen anime are awful, i'm tired of seing gintama in the top ten,

Know what shounen is. Bleach, One Piece, Black Clover and Naruto aren't the only Shounen out there.

This are shounens and they are considered classics;
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1303/Ashita_no_Joe?q=ashita
https://myanimelist.net/manga/3031/Pandora_Hearts
https://myanimelist.net/manga/336/GTO
https://myanimelist.net/manga/22/Rurouni_Kenshin__Meiji_Kenkaku_Romantan
https://myanimelist.net/manga/698/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1706/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken_Part_7__Steel_Ball_Run (kinda)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/51/Slam_Dunk?q=slam%20du

Get what I mean?
-Lofn-Jan 12, 2018 6:35 PM

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Jan 12, 2018 6:28 PM

Dec 2015
every fucking yaoi and mecha are fucking shit like 90% of yuris and like 110% of shoujos and basically every fucking person who disagrees with why my favourites are great are fucking retarded fucking fight me
Jan 12, 2018 6:31 PM

Jul 2017
_demonpox said:
tragedydesu said:
Burn them with fire

Agree. So much. Tsunderes are one of my most hated anime tropes.

personally i dont mind tsuns but i guess thats just me lool
Jan 12, 2018 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
I hate how I see Dragon Ball Super with a rating of 7. That shit is a *Slurps tongue* 10/10!

What else do I hate? I hate how my very first impression of Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card-hen was a 6/10. It wasn't until re-watching the first aired episode for it at a more convenient time for me that I realized just how great this sequel is going to actually be.

I also hate when I'm tangled in a knot for what to give an anime. Fantastic Detective Labyrinth went from a 10/10! *Slurps tongue* to a 7/10 to an 8/10. Fortunately for me, I settled my mind at 8/10, because even though I am loving this series, I'm not very good at solving the mysteries before they are actually explained at the end those said episodes.

Also, I hate how a lot of good anime, like Kill la Kill, which would have been either a 9/10 or a *slurps tongue* 10/10! If it hadn't been for how buzzy the subtitles were for that select anime. I mean, does every line the characters speak forth have to be so hyperactive and racy?! Well, apparently. But still!
Jan 12, 2018 6:50 PM

Sep 2017
Fran said:
basically every fucking person who disagrees with why my favourites are great are fucking retarded fucking fight me

angel beats is one of the worst anime i've ever watched. the characters are cardboard cutouts of the ones from haruhi, the pacing is abysmal and it tried to have so much going for it but failed horribly.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 12, 2018 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
This community is shit. (not anime, but anime-related)
Jan 12, 2018 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
Azumanga Daioh deserves way more praise than Lucky Star. It is actually entertaining. Also the girls (except the 10 year old) don't look like kindergartners.
Jan 12, 2018 6:58 PM

May 2015
The "don't like it, don't watch it" argument is completely valid though. I don't like Yaoi, so I don't watch it. It's not that hard to just avoid something you know you don't like. Who's forcing you to watch it?

Jan 12, 2018 7:00 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
this is mal not a therapy session group

βœβœƒβœβœƒβœβœƒβœβœƒβœ
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
βœβœƒβœβœƒβœβœƒβœβœƒβœ
Jan 12, 2018 7:01 PM

Aug 2017
"I'm sick and tired of bein' sick and tired!"

Jan 12, 2018 7:09 PM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
agahtha said:
_Hero_ said:
Well then, just refer to point B please.

You can say the same thing about romance or mystery plots so. Invalid.
Jan 12, 2018 7:39 PM

Dec 2015
Dlwuik said:
Fran said:
basically every fucking person who disagrees with why my favourites are great are fucking retarded fucking fight me

angel beats is one of the worst anime i've ever watched. the characters are cardboard cutouts of the ones from haruhi, the pacing is abysmal and it tried to have so much going for it but failed horribly.

oh bitch you didn't

the characters in ab are super funny and entertaining idk wtf are you talking about I haven't watched haruhi but ill say everyone fucking worships jojo in spite of being a ripoff of fist of the north star so blow me
Jan 13, 2018 12:21 AM

Nov 2017
Kittens-kun said:
The "don't like it, don't watch it" argument is completely valid though. I don't like Yaoi, so I don't watch it. It's not that hard to just avoid something you know you don't like. Who's forcing you to watch it?

It's simple, because people recommend me anime that "i'm gonna love if i just go past the first few eps" and i end up watching and hating it and i need to rant
Jan 13, 2018 1:39 AM

May 2015
agahtha said:
Kittens-kun said:

It's simple, because people recommend me anime that "i'm gonna love if i just go past the first few eps" and i end up watching and hating it and i need to rant

That doesn't mean you need to watch the entire thing. Besides, you don't need to list to others all the time anyway. If you're not liking the show, then stop watching it. You're not obligated to do anything.

Jan 13, 2018 2:51 AM

Oct 2012
Not a particularly original complaint, but man I was soo disappointed with both Erased and Re:Zero. I am a sucker for time loop stuff and I absolutely loved those shows both in the beginning. Erased at least stayed entertaining the entire time, but christ they both got so stupid.
Jan 13, 2018 3:31 AM

Apr 2015
Fan service shows are cancer.
Shows with traps are crap. Moe blobs are garbage.
Harem romcoms, loli shows, Ecchi, they are all garbage!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
8 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

46 by CaptLolicon »»
8 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

52 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
11 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 43 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

49 by Zimmu »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.