Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate Anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason ?

New
Do you hate Anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason ?
Dec 7, 2017 4:14 PM
Jul 2015

By "understandable reason", I mean like for example, Girl A likes Male A very much and finally confesses to him after preparing her heart for that moment, but Male A tolds her he can't date her as he doesn't feel any romantic feelings towards her, as he already has someone else that he likes.

So, under that case above, it would be understandable if Girl A switches her affection to Male B after a period of coming to terms with Male A dating Girl B, and Male B doing lots of things to Girl A to prove that he really cares and loves her.

An example of such a scenario above is one female character in the Ef anime and visual novel, in which her decision to abandon her first love interest felt very understandable for us as viewers.

Now I will explain what I meant by "without any understandable reason". An example of this is Girl C liking Male C for quite some time, but suddenly Male D appears and saves her life in a crisis situation. Male D would not have any romantic feelings for her as he just saved her life under the concept of helping out and saving people's lives as much as he can operating like the American comic Superhero concept, in which he saves as many people as he can out of his own selfless feelings of wanting to help people out like a hero.

Despite that, Girl C suddenly decides to like and feel a strong infatuation with Male D to the point she loses interest in her supposedly "strong affection" for Male C whom she has known for a much longer time than that newcomer Male D. Reasonably, she should just thank Male D for saving her life and stick to her original romantic interest, Male C, unless if Male C rejects her feelings clearly, so having one's life being saved by someone is not an understandable reason for one to just change one's mind concerning one's love interest.

I mean, it's like a wife suddenly deciding to want a divorce with his husband she's known for 10 years just because she suddenly feels attracted to Male E who appeared in the nick of time saving her life under an emergency situation. In other words, a reason that's not understandable would make it seem like the girl is being disloyal and unfaithful/treacherous to her original love interest that she's willing to leave him just because someone else just happened to save or help her out under one emergency situation.

If I write my own Light Novel featuring 2 Male Leads each getting their own harem of female comrades, I will ensure that the girls will stay loyal to their existing love interest unless if firmly rejected or chased away by their love interest/harem leader.

So, what do you guys think ? Do you hate Anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason ? I really hate such disloyal girls, as it feels like watching NTR in action. I'm asking this question because recently I had felt the displeasure of reading such a situation in one Web Novel fanfic where one girl suddenly decided to abandon all her previous feelings for one guy she has known for a long time just because a new guy who's the MC of that story appeared to save her life in a critical moment. That's what I'd call, poor writing.

After all, if a girl is willing to change her mind just as easily as that, she could also easily betray any guy she likes first, if in the future, a new guy who would be more stronger and richer than her existing love interest appears before her. Someone with that kind of bitchy attitude would also be reminiscent of someone who would be willing to take bribes and betray his existing boss/organization/lover/benefactor just for satisfying his own personal interests.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 7, 2017 4:17 PM

Sep 2015
jeez what a long post ,I wonder if his double harem idea is inserted somewhere in here. Hmmm, yup line 20 i'm done
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Dec 7, 2017 4:18 PM
Aug 2017
I mean sometimes affection cant be said right ?
idk i cant tell you in a sentence, its the matter of feeling
Dec 7, 2017 4:18 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
i hate posts about double harems more than i hate any anime girl tbh

Dec 7, 2017 4:20 PM

Oct 2015
Holy fuck, is this a shitty harem/triangle romance reference?

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Dec 7, 2017 4:26 PM

Jul 2015
... not this shit again, now with NTR....

Dec 7, 2017 4:30 PM

Feb 2010
If you always expect women to act in understandable ways you're probably in for a big surprise once you enter the real world :>
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 7, 2017 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
No. I hate it when male anime characters (typically a harem lead) do that.

One day, they are into a sweet childhood friend. The next day, they fall in love with a tsundere after being hit by her.

This happens WAY more with male anime characters.
Dec 7, 2017 4:35 PM

Apr 2017
It's a fair question, though do you really have to make every thread about this double harem thing?

In an ideal world, everyone is perfectly loyal but that's not really how things are, so if you want to add more depth you'd include characters that are both loyal and disloyal for variety.
Dec 7, 2017 4:37 PM

Jan 2011
You mean like those guys that change waifus every season?
Dec 7, 2017 4:41 PM

Oct 2013
nah I just hate Momo

and these 3 bitches I guess
Dec 7, 2017 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
AdrianRubinsky said:

This is me with this thread, thanks for this meme, it never gets old.
Dec 7, 2017 5:40 PM

Nov 2017
All anime is trash. I hate everything equally.
Dec 7, 2017 5:42 PM

Apr 2017
Essay-kun did it again!!!

>Of such graffiti META crap by a retarded snowflake who keeps autistically nitpicking on a piece of cardboard
-HippySnob-Dec 7, 2017 5:54 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 2017
aleena-san said:
All anime is trash. I hate everything equally.
really? And then what did u do here ??

Aug 2014
They're called bitch and whores.
Like you mentioned it's "unreasonable", it's seems like a NTR to me.

Love triangle never adds other characters because that would be called love square instead triangle.
Dec 7, 2017 5:46 PM
Aug 2017
Xaelath said:

Love triangle never adds other characters because that would be called love square instead triangle.
why not pentagram ? Octogram ? Or more than it like in in the different world with Smartphone which has 9 waifus ? Lol
Dec 7, 2017 5:52 PM

Aug 2014
perfAlien said:
Xaelath said:

why not pentagram ? Octogram ? Or more than it like in in the different world with Smartphone which has 9 waifus ? Lol

You mean "gon" not gram

In anime version of your daily generic smartphone harem there's lack some characters depth here and there.
There's no relationship changes/cheating g which is an obvious part for strong harem type.

9 waifus are still a small number compared the true harem king.
Dec 7, 2017 5:55 PM
Aug 2017
Xaelath said:
perfAlien said:

You mean "gon" not gram

In anime version of your daily generic smartphone harem there's lack some characters depth here and there.
There's no relationship changes/cheating g which is an obvious part for strong harem type.

i guess you're right, smartphone kind a boring for me
Need a different chara like yandere, kuudere and the other dere for the waifus
Dec 7, 2017 6:07 PM
Jun 2017
LaLeLuLiLo said:
jeez what a long post ,I wonder if his double harem idea is inserted somewhere in here. Hmmm, yup line 20 i'm done

I didn't read anything and just go straight to line 20 like you said, and yeah, it sum up the entire post pretty well
Dec 7, 2017 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
perfAlien said:
Xaelath said:

You mean "gon" not gram

I think what they need most are an actual fantasy settings , that's the easiest step to get score more than 7.5
Taking it better now you need character background ,their reasoning, interraction or something like that but due the character itself were bloated it'll be even harder to interact with 10 main character at once unless you Separate them into arc and properly give everyone a screen time and development.

Character personality differ on author perspective and writings, most or i would rather say all of them are generic 1D flat Characters which is why people hate it.

It's harsh but i don't find them interesting at all, you could have all Tsundere armies but if you properly give them details on every aspect you would see them differently though obviously not more than 1 Tsundere it's kinda unrealistic unless it's less annoying kind of Tsundere or realistic love/hate type where the person realise their feelings and going with flow in the story.

Adding troupe wouldn't solve the problems I wouldn't solve the problems.
Ive no idea how the begin but with such story it's already a mess due you can't have too much main character within small amount of arc .
MC itself was too perfect to be true without any flaw and background therefore making it bland as fuck and the interraction between Characters are unrealistic as it could possibly be.

It doesn't really count as slice of life neither does romance/adventure/fantasy/slice of life.
As the title itself mentioned A smartphone in a fantasy world but there's no fantasy in it.
Every problem solved too fast with overpowered character and useless harem.
Romance doesn't exist due girls themselves act rather than a bait service than an actual romance.
Slice of life aren't there either due they're having weird jumbled mess of idea on the terms of adventure.
Then when i mentioned about adventure, it doesn't provide any engaging stories/mystery of confrontation between problem they'll face.

Slice of life adventure are possible but it's quite hard to bring up the idea.
Simply put a tite like "Adventure with my friends" where they pretty much do a slice of life stuff while travelling between place or a journey you might say.
Dec 7, 2017 7:11 PM

Jan 2010
Can you just... use real example instead of character A, B, C? It'd be SO MUCH easier to understand that way

Anyway, OP you probably just need to watch better romance
Dec 7, 2017 7:18 PM

Aug 2017
"Oh shit, is there gonna be some double harem drivel hamfisted into OP?"

Well I got what I expected. lmao

To actually answer OP, yes, thats called "bad writing".
Dec 7, 2017 7:21 PM
Aug 2017
Xaelath said:
perfAlien said:

I think what they need most are an actual fantasy settings , that's the easiest step to get score more than 7.5
Taking it better now you need character background ,their reasoning, interraction or something like that but due the character itself were bloated it'll be even harder to interact with 10 main character at once unless you Separate them into arc and properly give everyone a screen time and development.

Character personality differ on author perspective and writings, most or i would rather say all of them are generic 1D flat Characters which is why people hate it.

It's harsh but i don't find them interesting at all, you could have all Tsundere armies but if you properly give them details on every aspect you would see them differently though obviously not more than 1 Tsundere it's kinda unrealistic unless it's less annoying kind of Tsundere or realistic love/hate type where the person realise their feelings and going with flow in the story.

Adding troupe wouldn't solve the problems I wouldn't solve the problems.
Ive no idea how the begin but with such story it's already a mess due you can't have too much main character within small amount of arc .
MC itself was too perfect to be true without any flaw and background therefore making it bland as fuck and the interraction between Characters are unrealistic as it could possibly be.

It doesn't really count as slice of life neither does romance/adventure/fantasy/slice of life.
As the title itself mentioned A smartphone in a fantasy world but there's no fantasy in it.
Every problem solved too fast with overpowered character and useless harem.
Romance doesn't exist due girls themselves act rather than a bait service than an actual romance.
Slice of life aren't there either due they're having weird jumbled mess of idea on the terms of adventure.
Then when i mentioned about adventure, it doesn't provide any engaging stories/mystery of confrontation between problem they'll face.

Slice of life adventure are possible but it's quite hard to bring up the idea.
Simply put a tite like "Adventure with my friends" where they pretty much do a slice of life stuff while travelling between place or a journey you might say.
in other world is fantasy right ? Thats some comment i saw
I agree about The conflict is too easy
Plus there is no rival enemy or someone who are in the same level with Touya so its kind a boring but i dont particullary hate it coz MC need to be the strongest in my opinion
Maybe the author has different point of view about adventure thing
Dec 7, 2017 7:35 PM

Aug 2014
@perfAlien
Yes it is still Fantasy but lacking elements that making it a fantasy.
MAC need to be the strongest arent a bad thing, but mostly what makes its better when they have flaw or aspect they never shows or weakness.
Now his personality himself aren't refined, he's just a easy going dude with a shy Persona when it comes to girls and that's pretty much it.

There's multiple perspectives of adventure but this felt like an insult to be called adventure.
An adventure is an exciting or unusual experience. It may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome.[1] Adventures may be activities with some potential for physical danger such as traveling, exploring, skydiving, mountain climbing, scuba diving, river rafting or participating in extreme sports. The term also broadly refers to any enterprise that is potentially fraught with physical, financial or psychological risk, such as a business venture, or other major life undertakings.

Unusual experience? Yes.
Exciting? Not really
Uncertain outcome? Half and half.
Any reference other than physical? No.

If the story was so straight it would be called An adventure using a smartphone to make 9 waifus without any realistic character dynamics and interraction.
If you remove the without and focus with adenture, smartphone,harem it might be better than the tittle itself.

Execution is always a thing to differ between a well written generic theme or bad written one.
Also the key might lies on the adaptation If they somehow could mess up the script and give character time to develop and introduce their personalities.
But no that would took too long so why don't adapt what we can make it a fanservice like cliche ?

I already mentioned I've no idea about the novel so i cant really argue further it might be just a bad adaptation similiar to how terrible Tokyo ghoul actually was.
Dec 7, 2017 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't seen that yet to such extreme cases? ^^"
Maybe I would drop the anime, if the main genre is romance. It's hard to get emotionally attached to a lovestory or feelings in general, if the characters aren't serious about it.

Pullman said:
If you always expect women to act in understandable ways you're probably in for a big surprise once you enter the real world :>

*people. :D I mean, it's realistic and makes them believable and likeable in many cases.
removed-userDec 7, 2017 8:02 PM
Dec 7, 2017 7:51 PM
Aug 2017
Xaelath said:
@perfAlien
Yes it is still Fantasy but lacking elements that making it a fantasy.
MAC need to be the strongest arent a bad thing, but mostly what makes its better when they have flaw or aspect they never shows or weakness.
Now his personality himself aren't refined, he's just a easy going dude with a shy Persona when it comes to girls and that's pretty much it.

There's multiple perspectives of adventure but this felt like an insult to be called adventure.
An adventure is an exciting or unusual experience. It may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome.[1] Adventures may be activities with some potential for physical danger such as traveling, exploring, skydiving, mountain climbing, scuba diving, river rafting or participating in extreme sports. The term also broadly refers to any enterprise that is potentially fraught with physical, financial or psychological risk, such as a business venture, or other major life undertakings.

Unusual experience? Yes.
Exciting? Not really
Uncertain outcome? Half and half.
Any reference other than physical? No.

If the story was so straight it would be called An adventure using a smartphone to make 9 waifus without any realistic character dynamics and interraction.
If you remove the without and focus with adenture, smartphone,harem it might be better than the tittle itself.

Execution is always a thing to differ between a well written generic theme or bad written one.
Also the key might lies on the adaptation If they somehow could mess up the script and give character time to develop and introduce their personalities.
But no that would took too long so why don't adapt what we can make it a fanservice like cliche ?

I already mentioned I've no idea about the novel so i cant really argue further it might be just a bad adaptation similiar to how terrible Tokyo ghoul actually was.
yup the personality..
The Smartphone makes it too easy
The plot is too simple and cheap fanservice so i think its a bad anime adaptation, but the most terrible is good wars
The impression i get from manga and anime has huge gap and watch the anime makes me sick
Dec 7, 2017 8:39 PM
Oct 2017
Play Corpse party. there is a chracter yoshiki who loves a bitch that he protect risking his life but still that bitch dont thank him and has wet pussy for other guy.
Dec 7, 2017 9:05 PM
Jul 2015
I also think that we need more Isekai stories where the MC returns to his orginal world after some adventure in the other fantasy world, then he takes his friends from his original world to that other fantasy world again.

An example of such a story is Hagure Yuusha.

In a new Isekai story with that setting above, it would be also hillarious to watch if the MC has 2 or 3 love interests in that fantasy world suddenly having to compete with an Osananajimi of the MC.

Also while we're at it, other than that Osananajimi girl, have 4 of the MC's friends going to the other world being 2 couples of male-females, and another 2 of MC's friends a Yuri couple, so we would have three interesting couples to watch other than MC and his harem.

Of course, NO NTR and no affection-changes in such a setting.

All girls will be loyal to their man/lovers/love interest.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 7, 2017 10:39 PM

Mar 2014
I tend to dislike characters that make no sense in general, but women switching targets of affection is not something I find particularly annoying.
Dec 8, 2017 1:02 AM

Jan 2016
I'm always surprised at how you find a way to insert the idea of the 2 harem protags here. >.>
Dec 8, 2017 2:55 AM

Dec 2014
Why yes OP I would say that I hate anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason. I hate anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason so much I'm thinking of making "I hate anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason" my signature. I'll keep making posts about how much I hate anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason! I'll tie my hatred of anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason back to every single thread regardless of whether or not it makes sense! Then I'll make new threads, with the same premise just worded slightly differently! OH! MAYBE I'll start my own LN that has absolutely zero anime girls that change their affection from one male character to the other without any understandable reason!
What do you think OP, solid plan or nah?
Dec 8, 2017 3:07 AM

Nov 2014
AdrianRubinsky said:

Nah mate, it's all within line of prediction. He's got a secret NTR fetish which I predicted
BurningSpirit said:
Upon your relentless posting about harem anime with 2 dudes, I've relented and took a look at your profile and it all made sense.
Masamune-kun no Revenge 8/10
Saekano 3/10
Why exactly? I don't know. Literally every girl in Saekano is better than Adagaki Aki, unless this is about the fat lookalike dude that ALMOST cucked the main character.

I've got it now! What you are looking isn't harems with 2 dudes, it's NTR! If almost getting cucked in a terrible harem anime like Masamune-kun no Revenge makes you rate it 8/10, I can almost imagine how many times you'd fap to true NTR before you finally get up from your jizz-stained bed to rate it 10/10.

Don't love me too much for accidentally stumbling upon your true fetish.
Now he's in his denial phase. Trust me, sooner or later he'll be gone from MAL as he's too addicted to NTR.

CALLED IT XD
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 8, 2017 3:23 AM

Nov 2017
Well,nobody likes a sudden change of heart whether it comes from the girl or the man.
example :

PS.Harem is fine but it'll be better if has a harem ending.
Dec 8, 2017 4:10 AM

Jul 2013
LaLeLuLiLo said:
I was actually looking for the 2 male harem leads part in the post, but I was too lazy to properly search it, thank you for making it easier, now I am a happier man.
Dec 8, 2017 5:00 AM

Mar 2016
Netorare... fuck them
Netori... hell yeah
Dec 8, 2017 7:24 AM
Aug 2016
Ctrl + F and let's start searching for the word "harem".
Dec 8, 2017 7:26 AM

Jun 2017
nah I watched The OC when I was a teenager , I'm immune to that shit .

Dec 8, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2017
pgmhecateii said:
The only one I can think of is Naruto (the anime, not the idiot)...

ISnady said:
Well,nobody likes a sudden change of heart whether it comes from the girl or the man.
example :

That's actually expected, since usually the main girl wins. But, y'know, I still feel so bad for her.... :/

I know it's expected.

From the name of the manga the main story was talking about changing the fake love into a true one.

The problem is it's built on betrayal,or it looks like that.

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
17 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 36 minutes ago

2 by LightWorker »»
18 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 7 hours ago

23 by Horshu »»
18 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

47 by traed »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.