Forum Settings
Forums

When will we see a Harem Anime with 2 Male Leads ?

New
Nov 13, 2017 12:46 AM
Jul 2015
When will we see a Harem Anime with 2 Male Leads ? I use a new term to define such a new genre of Harem, which I call, " Double Protagonist Harem" or DPH in short.

I know that there are quite some Animes with 2 main leads, as can be read in this Japanese sites >> http://magsoku.blomaga.jp/articles/56164.html http://aaieba.livedoor.biz/archives/48902280.html https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1035254580 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8a9QVdJltQ

However, what I am looking for specifically, is a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each will get their own harem of girls. So far, there has been no such Anime, as there are only RomCom and Romance shows where 2 males in the main cast each gets a girl, but that's not what I'm looking for, as I want to watch where those 2 males each gets a minimum of 2 girls to like/hang out the most with each of them. For example, 1st male lead gets 4 girls, and 2nd male lead gets 3 girls etc.

An example of such a story is like my own example of such a story here :

Twin Brothers Keisuke and Saijou were summoned to an Isekai where the population of the country that summoned them has a majority female population with the ratio of females to males 9:1, and the Top 100 Magic Users/Fighers are all females, and both of them goes through the first few sequences upon being summoned where they are told by the Chief Summoner that they have conducted the magic ritual to summon Heroes from another world with powerful latent magic abilities to help prepare their kingdom from an impending attack due to happen 10 years later during when the Demon King Solzar will be released from the Seal placed on him by the Legendary Hero 500 years ago, and those 2 Twin Brothers were then sent to a Magic Academy for them to train and learn more about Magic so that they can become stronger and be the New Heroes.

There at that Academy where there will mostly be female students, both of those 2 Twin Brothers will be sent to different classes, like Class 1-A and Class 1-B as first year students, and both will get their own companions of female friends/comrades into their own personal Harem Group. Due to the fact they are summoned there for their high growth latent magic potential, those 2 will quickly learn, train and rise up to become among the Top 5 strongest in the Academy, with only their homeroom teacher, a 3rd year Senpai girl not in those 2 male MC's harem groups yet who's the Academy's Student Council Prez, and the Academy's Headmistress the only 3 people in the entire Academy that will be stronger than the 2 male leads at all times through season 1 of such an Anime.

The story can also be modified so that both the 2 male leads are teleported to that other world with 2 girls from their former world's school, one a new classmate who just became friends with the 2 male leads a few months before the story started, and the other their female childhood friend they've known since little kids so they will both have some emotional support from those 2 girls that they knew from their original world.

Since the setting for such a story is for them to attend a former all-girls school, there will only be mostly girls in each of their classes, so both Saijou and Keisuke will each get their own group of female friends which will then become their own respective harems. It'll be even more sweeter if there is a magic battle tournament in their school, and Saijou's team in the end faces off against Keisuke's team in the Finals.

The Author of such a show will decide which twin will win in the end, based from who the designated 1st male lead will be. Despite losing, the 2nd male lead and his harem will of course continue to play a big role in the story as both of their groups will have to face off against the antagonists in the next arc after such a tournament arc. The storytelling in the next arc can also be more focused on the 2nd male lead's group, as the Author fleshes out their drive to get stronger after losing to the 1st male lead's group in the past tournament Arc. Then those 2 groups will finally receive an order to investigate more about the demons by being sent to the location where such demons live, etc. My story example ends here.

As for VN adaptations, they can also animate the VN "Gensou no Idea" which features 2 male protags that each gets his own girl >> https://visualnovelthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/p2159.jpg As for LNs, any studio can animate the LN, "Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru", which features 2 male leads each getting their own company of girls >> https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/f/f2/Isekai_Mahou_wa_Okureteru%21.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171015182457

So, I have made a Poll, and I'd like to know what are your thoughts on this specific genre I've classified. Will there be such shows made in the next 5 years ? Such stories featuring 2 male leads will definitely be more interesting and entertaining to watch than single male lead Harems.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2017 1:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean you can occasionally see villains in some shows with harems of their own at least. But 2 separate MCs... yeah I'm not sure I've seen that. I think it's mostly just logistically impractical from a writing perspective; if you're making a harem show which is supposed to be self-insert where you're surrounded by a bunch of girls then having a second guy which will "steal" half of the girls from you would only upset people. In order for that to be worthwhile you'd have to have some fairly interesting storyline on top of it which directly justifies the split-harem situation. Otherwise it'll just feel like a normal harem would've ultimately been better
Nov 13, 2017 1:06 AM
Dec 2015
i would like an adaptation of the VN Aristear Remain, where there are 2 male leads with at least 3 girls each
Nov 13, 2017 1:23 AM

Oct 2015
@Manaban Help me pls. I can fap 3 times reading this.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Nov 13, 2017 1:24 AM

May 2014
There's actually a really easy way to achieve this. It's called having a lot of money.
Nov 13, 2017 1:26 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
god, i know i've only gone to church one or two times in my twenty years on this planet, but please save AD from this onslaught of one man making a new thread every day about a harem with two protags, necroing threads from 2013 to spam about a harem with two protags, singlehandedly keeping dead threads alive to talk about a harem with two protags, making threads acting like they're about something else at the title then when he starts talking it's mostly about a harem with two protags, etc.

i know it's a terrible place but it doesn't deserve this relentless assault, this is too cruel
ManabanNov 13, 2017 1:30 AM

Nov 13, 2017 1:47 AM

Feb 2013
there already is We Without Wings...
Nov 13, 2017 2:08 AM

Jul 2013
Watch Index then (and read the light novels too). That one has three main male characters.
Nov 13, 2017 4:15 AM

Sep 2017
If it will be a success then there might be some of them that will be adapted in the next 5 years.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 13, 2017 5:05 AM

Mar 2012
Just move on to other romance anime with multiple pairings.
Nov 13, 2017 5:22 AM

Oct 2013
why is there no poll pick that'll say I predict you'll make another thread like this in the coming days?
Nov 13, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2016
Never.
How more you post this the longer it takes.

I just want to see harem story with the female lead with 5 cute girls.

Nov 13, 2017 5:42 AM
Aug 2016
I want to see a thread from you that isn't somehow connected to the harem genre.
Nov 13, 2017 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
Okay, I have to say that you seemed to be very obsessed with this certain topic.

I'll give my two cents with this, first of all most harem are meant to be wish fulfillment. The male character is not the main focus of this genre, the girls are. Most harems they make the girls have only one purpose to be the male character's bitch.

I could understand having two male leads probably because it'll give some sort of challenge, but it'll just ruin the purpose of a harem. (At least by the viewer who's self inserting as the MC)

Nov 13, 2017 10:01 AM
Jul 2015
Does KimiKiss count as one in this genre of Double Male Lead Harem ? I haven't watched it yet >> https://myanimelist.net/anime/2927/Kimikiss_Pure_Rouge

I'm more inclined to watch ones with the Battle, Fantasy, and Action subgenres, but I may give KimiKiss a try if at least 2-3 girls like each of the 2 male leads.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 13, 2017 10:06 AM

Feb 2015
I think adding another beta MC will not solve the problem in Harem series. So... I dunno, seems like adding another one will just make it more shitty because it matches the number of fappable waifus which by means reduces the quality of its fappability.

Aslt said:
I want to see a thread from you that isn't somehow connected to the harem genre.

How can you be so cruel to AD and the bait users here?!
Nov 13, 2017 10:09 AM

Apr 2017
I think your threads aren't working here, maybe you should try reddit or 4chan lol
Nov 13, 2017 10:19 AM

Aug 2015
OP,your story is certainly interesting and i would also love to see a harem anime with 2 male protagonist but i don't think that there is any chance of it being made in the next 5 years(it maybe possible in 10 years)

In the meantime why don't you send this story of yours to a light novel or manga editor.who knows,Maybe with this story of yours and with the help of an artist we can get our first double harem protagonist manga or Ln?
Nov 13, 2017 10:54 AM
Jan 2015
I mean you get that with Index after a certain point
My Queens

Nov 13, 2017 12:20 PM
Aug 2016
_Ako_ said:

Aslt said:

How can you be so cruel to AD and the bait users here?!

Oh, I'm not cruel. I'm just showing how dangerous to your health, the AD is.
Nov 13, 2017 12:27 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Aslt said:

We gotta start with baby steps though, man. First, a single post that isn't related to a harem with two male leads. Then we'll be able to make threads that aren't about harems.

Even that Reverse Harem versus Traditional Harem thread he made a couple of days ago just ended up being about a harem with two male leads ffs, if you skimmed through the OP far enough

Nov 13, 2017 12:36 PM
Jul 2017
What an original thread, I'm sure I haven't seen this kind of post on around 100 others thread throughout AD.
Nov 13, 2017 1:36 PM

Mar 2012
Carnival Phantasm has 2 harem main characters in it technically. Even if its not focus and is a special from 2 separate shows.

Nov 14, 2017 12:20 AM
Jul 2015
In a Dual Protagonist Harem with the Fantasy and Battle subgenres, it'll be also more interesting to watch, as the story will not focus on just the 1st male lead and his harem group, but also the 2nd male lead and his harem.

The advantages of such a setting is that since both the 2 male leads will each have different personalities, then it will give us an option of which protagonist we'd like to choose to project into, in case if the 1st male lead is too Beta for our tastes.

So making the 2nd male lead more assertive, funny, friendly and confident, but at the same time, also helpful and kind to his female companions like the 1st lead, would give us a nice alternative compared to the 1st male lead, who might have a more shy and reserved attitude compared to the 2nd male lead.

Like for example, if some may not like Saijou in my story example above, since Saijou is somewhat reserved and shy, people can root for Keisuke who would be more confident and assertive. This'll also make such a viewer liking the girls in the other group more than the first lead's group. Of course, there might be some complications in such a Double Protag Harem, if some viewers identify themselves more with the 2nd harem group than the 1st one, as some might be inclined to say that some girls in 1st group are better off if paired with the 2nd male lead in his group. But that is to be expected, and we can't please all viewers anyway, even in single male lead Harem ones, where the annoying and violent Tsundere always wins and always hogs the most screentime with the MC compared to other heroines that we like more.

Also, to make us feel happy for both groups, the story in such a Battle Harem show could include some strong, solid and charismatic antagonists, so that no matter which harem group we like, we could root for all of them equally if either of them faces the antagonist group.

As for now, I highly recommend that any anime studio animates the VN "Gensou no Idea" as it features 2 male leads that'll each get their own girl. In the VN, it might be a single girl ending for both those guys, but the anime version can easily make it a harem setting for both, with the main girl for each and the rest as close friends, since those 2 guys interact mostly with 2-3 girls each in their group, if I'm not mistaken.
CoolitzHubertXVINov 14, 2017 12:37 AM
Nov 14, 2017 12:26 AM

Aug 2013
Harem competition would be the dream of so many. "My waifus are better than yours," IRA (In Real Anime). I can see a huge market for this.
Nov 14, 2017 12:52 AM
Jul 2015
Everyone here, I would like to inform you all with some very good news.

I have just found another Visual Novel with Fantasy and Battle elements that also has 2 male protagonists that each gets their own girls, like in "Gensou no Idea", and the title of that VN is "Kenseiki Alpha Ride". You guys can read more about the story in that VN from these two sites >> http://www.otakulair.com/games/kenseiki-alpha-ride/ https://www.lewdgamer.com/2015/10/31/hotrelease-strategy-rpg-visual-novel-kenseiki-alpha-ride/

Since Kenseiki is an Isekai story that features 2 male leads and a massive number of girls , that VN would be a perfect candidate to adapt into an Anime under the genre Double Protagonist Harem. Stories with 2 protags like that and Gensou no Idea would be somewhat long, so if an Anime is to be made, it'll definitely be spanning more than 24 episodes, even if it may not be as long as Sousei no Onmyouji. Sousei has 2 protags, but the other is a girl and both do not get a harem anyways, so Sousei is not what I'd categorize as a Double Male Lead Harem.

So now we have 2 candidates for a Double Male Lead Harem Anime, and that is if any studio makes an Anime Adaptation out of these 2 VNs, "Gensou no Idea", and "Kenseiki Alpha Ride". We will get to see a huge number of cute girls in both shows, and at the same time see 2 cool male leads in both shows, so it's like killin' 2 birds with 1 stone. Now all we need is more original stories in the future, that also features such stories with 2 male leads.
CoolitzHubertXVINov 14, 2017 1:03 AM
Nov 14, 2017 1:33 AM

Nov 2014
CoolitzHubertXVI said:

At first I was very sure you were just a dude who LOVED harems, but just wanted a harem with 2 dudes to justify your taste for trash harems. Then your obsession with dudes seemed too suspicious and I suspected you were gay.

Upon your relentless posting about harem anime with 2 dudes, I've relented and took a look at your profile and it all made sense.
Masamune-kun no Revenge 8/10
Saekano 3/10
Why exactly? I don't know. Literally every girl in Saekano is better than Adagaki Aki, unless this is about the fat lookalike dude that ALMOST cucked the main character.

I've got it now! What you are looking isn't harems with 2 dudes, it's NTR! If almost getting cucked in a terrible harem anime like Masamune-kun no Revenge makes you rate it 8/10, I can almost imagine how many times you'd fap to true NTR before you finally get up from your jizz-stained bed to rate it 10/10.

Don't love me too much for accidentally stumbling upon your true fetish.

Manaban said:
god, i know i've only gone to church one or two times in my twenty years on this planet, but please save AD from this onslaught of one man making a new thread every day about a harem with two protags, necroing threads from 2013 to spam about a harem with two protags, singlehandedly keeping dead threads alive to talk about a harem with two protags, making threads acting like they're about something else at the title then when he starts talking it's mostly about a harem with two protags, etc.

i know it's a terrible place but it doesn't deserve this relentless assault, this is too cruel
Don't worry mate, I think I've got this man figured out! He'll be too busy fapping over NTR now to ever bother posting in AD about harems with 2 dudes.
BurningSpiritNov 14, 2017 1:38 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 14, 2017 2:18 AM

Dec 2015
Tbh OP I don't know why you have such a retarded obsession with 2 male harem leads in one anime, and why you like to make your every post into a detailed essay, as if anybody cares about this shit. That's the question you should be asking here.

BurningSpirit said:
At first I was very sure you were just a dude who LOVED harems, but just wanted a harem with 2 dudes to justify your taste for trash harems. Then your obsession with dudes seemed too suspicious and I suspected you were gay.

Upon your relentless posting about harem anime with 2 dudes, I've relented and took a look at your profile and it all made sense.
Masamune-kun no Revenge 8/10
Saekano 3/10
Why exactly? I don't know. Literally every girl in Saekano is better than Adagaki Aki, unless this is about the fat lookalike dude that ALMOST cucked the main character.

I've got it now! What you are looking isn't harems with 2 dudes, it's NTR! If almost getting cucked in a terrible harem anime like Masamune-kun no Revenge makes you rate it 8/10, I can almost imagine how many times you'd fap to true NTR before you finally get up from your jizz-stained bed to rate it 10/10.

Don't love me too much for accidentally stumbling upon your true fetish.
Now that's an interesting theory, but...

"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 14, 2017 3:46 AM

Nov 2016
that is interesting, just waiting for it
i think you know Japan never lost their creativity to creating new styles of anime

Nov 14, 2017 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Watch Index then (and read the light novels too). That one has three main male characters.
\

Welll.... World Rejecter has a most solid harem villain than Touma... (In between adding Othinus tho)

hmmm..
Nov 14, 2017 4:15 AM

Jul 2013
Haven't continued it but I heard Norn9 have 3 mcs. It's reverse one though.
Nov 14, 2017 5:32 AM

Jul 2015
When we will see a harem where the mc reject the bitch tsundere

When we will see a harem where the cute childhood friend wins

Never ... T_T
Nov 14, 2017 5:34 AM

Nov 2016
I fit was some kind of Harem War maybe it would be cool but if they both got ot outta nowhere I don't expct it being rated more than 6
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2012
When you finally stop making posts about it.

Dun dun dun dun.
Nov 14, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 2017
I guess that MAL isn't reddit or 4chan. Right ?

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 14, 2017 11:11 AM
Jul 2015
I'd like to also admit that the number one reason I'd like to see such a Double Male Lead Harem, is so that I can get to watch an interesting and action-packed Team Versus Team Match in a Tournament Arc, where the 1st Male Lead's Team with his company of girls fights against the other 2nd Male Lead's Team in such a tourney. It'll be really nice to see the girls from both teams trying hard to beat the other team's girls in order to contribute to a victory in the end for their Harem...err..I mean "Team" Leader.

It would make us feel how charming and admirable for such girls to want to pour in all their effort to win the match for the sake of their beloved Harem Leader, and would also entice us to support both group's equally, since the girls from both groups would be equally cute and capable, as well as both of the 2 cool male leads.

For an example of such a tournament, I trust some of you here on AD might have an idea on what I had in mind for such an arc, as some of you have already read my story about the 2 males studying at the former all-girls academy, "St. Elveria Academy", right ? Remember it ?

You know, the one where one of the male leads lives in a small deserted island with just his fisherman/hunter elder brother and farmer father at the sole house they had there, and he's not used to interacting with females since the last female he ever spoke to was his late mother who passed away ever since he was a small child ? The story where Chancellor Charlene invited, or more like ordered, our 2 male leads to start enrolling and attending classes at St. Elveria Academy, which required them to move out from their homes and live there in dorms ? The Tournament Arc even ended with a big fight with "Miranda", where our 2 male leads actually needed help from the much stronger Senpai girl in a team effort to defeat Miranda.

Such stories will allow us to enjoy 1st Male Lead Harem group VS 2nd Male Lead Harem group in friendly and healthy competitive school tournament fights under safe controlled enviroments ( except for the Miranda antagonist fight in my previous story example ), as both sides would benefit either from winning or losing, as it is good battle practice to prepare them for their real fights against the Antagonists in the next arc after the end of the Tournament Arc.

So the core benefits of such a Double Male Lead Harem is that it will make the story feel more in-depth, more believable and entertaining, and easier to insert ourselves into, due to the fact of being able to choose on rooting for either of the 2 cool male leads that would both have differing personalities that would cater to both reserved and assertive males in real life.

Nov 14, 2017 11:33 AM

Nov 2017
NTR is getting popular so maybe .id watch sumthing like that tho harems are given too easily these main chars should be made to fight for it.
Nov 14, 2017 11:39 AM

Jun 2017

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Nov 14, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
I've plenty of harem series with 2 male characters, but one was always the lead male buddy, or something like that. Most series only need one male lead anyway. I think a series with 2 brothers with a harem would be interesting though.
Nov 14, 2017 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
romagia said:
there already is We Without Wings...

I don't think that counts.
Nov 14, 2017 9:54 PM

Mar 2017
Hopefully never. I don't see how injecting another male MC into the genre would make it any better. In fact, it would probably make it worse.
What's your rush now? Everyone will have his day to die.
Nov 15, 2017 6:17 AM
Jul 2018
Only if it’s an attractive, interesting male MC. Alongside another attractive, interesting MC. And they have distinctive personalities. Otherwise, it’s a waste.
So in other words, likely not. Japan seems to have it in their playbook that harem MCs for the most part are perpetually stupid.
Nov 15, 2017 7:15 AM
Jul 2015
A Double Male Lead Harem Anime would be more satisfying to watch than a Single Lead one, as we would be able to feel happy for both those 2 males with differing personalities ; one reserved and the other assertive, so we as viewers can choose to insert ourselves more into whomever we prefer.

It'll also make us viewers less jealous of the single male lead monopolizing all the affection of all the cute girls appearing in the show, as the 2 male lead setting allows us to feel happy for both males, especially if both of them are best friends or twin brothers as per my setting above for my example story of those twins, Saijou and Keisuke.

This Japanese thread also briefly summarized the main reason why single male lead harems suck, and that is because >> http://magsoku.blomaga.jp/articles/13485.html
ハーレムアニメがつまんない理由「主人公だけ得をしてるから
Translation : Why Harem Anime are boring : Because only the MC alone benefits !

Yes, that Japanese site summarizes it quite perfectly ! Because only the Single Male Lead MC benefits from that Harem setting. Poor other males that don't get a girl in that show, so since only the MC is depicted as being the only dude with all the girl's affection, it might induce feelings of jealously at the single male lead due to his unfair monopolizing of all the girls. I mean, other males deserve some love too, so don't hog all for yourself, MC !

That's where our 2nd male lead comes in. If there is a second male lead that also ends up with his company of loyal and cute female companions in his own harem group, then we will no longer feel any jealousy at the 1st male lead, because there's also another guy that also gets the girls' affection from his own group.

Actually the thought and idea of supporting the creation of such a series with 2 male leads each getting a Harem comes from a poster at this Japanese site, which I read recently >> http://onecall2ch.com/archives/6765546.html

29:以下、名無しにかわりましてVIPがお送りします:2013/08/30(金) 09:57:05.85 ID:7V9XSoCu0
いっそのこと2人で親友と主人公を兼任するダブル主人公ハーレムアニメでも出ないのか

Translation : Won't there be any Harem Animes where both the two male leads who are Best Friends also plays a second role as Double Protagonists each getting their own Harem ?

To, which, this reply came :

32:以下、名無しにかわりましてVIPがお送りします:2013/08/30(金) 10:00:05.25 ID:WKTRFqVhO
>>29
各々が一グループずつハーレムを形成するのか

Translation :

With each of them getting and forming their own Harem groups ?

My Comment :

Yes, kinda like my story example above with Saijou and Keisuke, who're twin brothers, but it counts anyway, as for me, I don't mind whether the 2 male leads are best friends or twin brothers. Saijou will be the shy and reserved twin, while Keisuke will be the more friendly and assertive one, but both are absolutely kind and nice guys with a heart of gold, and will not hesitate to risk their lives in order to protect both their female companions and their twin brother.

To which, came back the reply :

35:以下、名無しにかわりましてVIPがお送りします:2013/08/30(金) 10:03:17.91 ID:7V9XSoCu0
>>32
そうそう日常の裏でそれぞれの物語があるような感じで
話作るの面倒そうだけど

Translation :

Yes, yes, behind the slice of life moments, with each group having their own distinctive stories and plots. But it does seem kinda a pain in ass to make such a story.

My Comment :

Yes, it might be a pain to create such a story, but a very skilled writer can pull it off with no problems, especially considering the fact that both the 2 male leads will each have differing personalities and distinct girls for each of their groups, so there won't be any boring moment, as each have their own interesting elements that'll make us as viewers feel entertained watching both groups in their own unique interactions.

In a Fantasy Battle School setting, there can also be very captivating and thrilling moments if a Tournament Arc starts where we can see the 1st Male Lead's Harem team eventually fighting against 2nd Male Lead's Harem team in the finals of such a Tournament. Kinda like Team Saijou VS Team Keisuke, with Saijou's Team including Saijou and 4 girls in his Harem, and Keisuke's Team including Keisuke and the 3 girls in his Harem.

For now, let's hope that an Anime adapation of Gensou no Idea and Kenseiki Alpha Ride, which are Visual Novels both featuring 2 male leads that each gets a girl in the VN and a huge number of girls present, as those two VNs are perfect candidates for making a Double Male Lead Harem.

Kenseiki Alpha Ride's review of those 2 male leads can be read here >> https://vnerogereview.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/the-cursed-fate-known-as-bond-review-of-151023kenseiki-alpha-ride/

Quote : " To make a long review short, I describe the two protagonists as follows: Kai as a naive idiot, and Shizuma as too-attached-to-his-sister-for-no-fucking-reason asshole.

His “sis-con” wasn’t cute, humorous, or even admirable. It was just too much
No seriously; that’s what the two are really. Kai’s portion of the story displays how this protagonist always seems to hesitate on actually fighting for what he believes to be right, while on the flipside, Shizuma was taking his “affection for his sister” a bit too far and in one route causing a full-scale genocide because of it. While I guess this was a good contrast in the protagonists, it really worked against the design of the game overall, seeing how protagonists were the weakest or perhaps the stupidest characters in the entire game. "

My Comment : Yeah, he may not like the attitude of those 2 male leads in that Kenseiki VN, but that can easily be changed for the Anime Adaptation to make both of them less edgy and more light-hearted and chill so that the tone and mood of the anime would be more happy and cheerful for the Harem antics of both male leads.

Failing that, there is still Gensou no Idea, which features far more cooler 2 male leads >>> https://visualnovelthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/p2159.jpg https://visualnovelthoughts.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/%E5%B9%BB%E5%89%B5%E3%81%AE%E3%82%A4%E3%83%87%E3%82%A2%EF%BD%9Eoratorio-phantasm-historia%EF%BD%9E-thoughts/

Quote 1 >> " That was amazing. I went in expecting a somewhat generic chuunige and I came out with a well weaved dual protagonist story pretty much about something else entirely. "

Quoting Kamizawa : " The Ending feels little forced
But i don’t mind it, as long it’s happy end,
Why there’s no harem epilogue
I’m not satisfied with Yuma & Akashi only choosing one girl in epilogue "

To which Sora replied : " IKR? Even after going all those troubles of having the Heroine’s Route/Arc happen in the same Timeline, would be a perfect Harem-ish end for both Sides.

Finally, Asheld replied to both comments with this post : " Pretty much, the story would have been better if they wrapped things up with a harem.
I don’t know what is it with writers and ruining perfect harem setups in favor for individual endings. Maybe they’re afraid that fans would be unhappy with things ending as a harem. "

My Comment >>> Well, the Anime Adaptation can always include a Harem ending for both of those 2 male leads Yuma and Akashi, so that they won't end up with just one girl each. So this VN is Number 1 Candidate for a Double Male Lead Harem. I hope KyoAni or any big-budget studio animates this VN. It'll guarantee to be an even better selling Anime than the recent VN adaptation "Dies Irae", which I think is somewhat lacking.

Then after that adaptation, people in Japan and elsewhere in USA and Europe can try to think of writing an WN/LN with such 2 male leads that'll each get 2-3 girls minimum in their own groups with Fantasy and Battle elements.

Nov 15, 2017 7:24 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Actually the thought and idea of supporting the creation of such a series with 2 male leads each getting a Harem comes from a poster at this Japanese site, which I read recently

>recently

all of the dates from posts from that thread are over 4 years old

i don't think people are calling for it as much as you're trying to pass off for some reason, if you're having the dig up 3 or 4 posts from archived threads from 2013 to support your claim people are wanting it

Nov 15, 2017 7:37 AM

Mar 2012
Some people are just in dire need to watch Rokujouma.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 15, 2017 11:52 PM
Jul 2015
I am also reading a Manga now that somewhat meets my requirements, and that is "World's End Harem", where 2 males out of 3 male leads already each have their own Harem of girls, but that is not what I'm precisely looking for, as it is doesn't have any Action or Battle elements, and the Harems only focus more on sex, sex, instead of Romance and Comradeship as in Action/Battle Harems like Saijaku Muhai, Absolute Duo, High School DXD, Shinmai Maou, and Action/Battle Visual Novels with 2 male leads like Gensou no Idea and Kenseki Alparide.

So, World's End Harem won't be what I'd like to watch even if it does get an Anime Adaptation, as the Harem groups of 2 out of 3 males only focuses on mating instead of romance and adventure, and the 1st male MC which occupies most of the screentime is too Beta of a character for my tastes. If it has Battle scenes featuring the strong bond between those 2 harem groups, then I might count that series as one of several candidates for an Anime adaptation, but the story is too repetitive for it to be interesting ( mate, mate, rinse and repeat with different girl for 1000th time in mindless animal-like sex all for the sake of raising male population instead of doing sex for love )
Nov 15, 2017 11:55 PM

Aug 2015
With two male protagonists, I feel it'll just end up a romance and there's lead and second lead and then lead would just get the girl in the end. Second lead gets some pity relationship because he couldn't have his main choice
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Nov 15, 2017 11:58 PM

Dec 2014
Lol this thread again?
Mate, you really ought to get a new hobby.
Nov 16, 2017 1:20 AM
Jul 2015
Also, my definition of the genre I name as "Single Male Lead Harem" , would be if all the female characters shown in the series all have their affection shown towards the Single Male MC alone, with none of those females showing their affection to any existing male characters other than the single male MC. So, even if MC already has a girlfriend, it's still a Harem if all other female characters starring in the show still have their affection focused on the MC and not on other male characters. Like the Japanese poster said in that thread , " Only the MC benefits" .

So, judging from my definition above, Netoge no Yome, SAO, and other such Animes where the MC already has a girlfriend but is still liked or surrounded by all the female cast, are all still considered "Single Male Lead Harem". I mean, seriously ? The guy already has a GF, and there are many other single lonely guys out there, some who might share your same interests, hobbies and passions, and instead of going after those single guys, you still want to go after the MC which already has a GF ??

Even if none of them has a romantic feeling towards the MC, it is still defined as a Single Male Lead Harem in my books if the MC is surrounded by only females and none of those females express their affection towards another male other than the MC. Like this post on a Japanese site said >>> http://magsoku.blomaga.jp/articles/62242.html

1:以下、\(^o^)/でVIPがお送りします: 2016/06/18(土) 14:48:17.346 ID:WIPW7h3pd.net
例えば主人公に彼女いるけど周りに女が多いや複数に惚れられてればハーレムだし
物語シリーズ落第騎士SAO中二病ネトゲ嫁ゼロ魔の事な
Translation : As an example, even if the MC has a girlfriend, it's still a Harem if the MC is surrounded by females and is liked by multiple girls. Like the Monogatari series, Rakudai Kishi, SAO, Chuunibyou, Netoge Yome, and Zero no Tsukaima.

My Comment : However, it will not be defined as a Single Male Lead Harem if these elements are present despite a large female cast, and that is :

1. The MC already has one girlfriend he is loyal to, and he doesn't show any romantic feelings towards any other girl.

2. The MC has a male friend that occupies a decent screentime in the show, like Uehara Tasuku from Gamers!, and Haruto Souma from Just Because!. It can also be another male character that occupies a decent or equal screentime in the story, like in the Visual Novel, "Gensou no Idea".

3. There will be at least 1-2 of the girls in the female cast that shows their affection or romantic feelings towards that 2nd male lead, like in Gamers! and Just Because!

4. Finally, if even one more other girl likes the MC(who already has a girlfriend), and at least 2 girls like the other 2nd male lead, then it can be considered as an entry-level Double Male Lead Harem, with both 2 male leads getting at least 2 girls to like them or be paired with them as close friends/comrades. ( Like in my Saijou and Keisuke twins example above )

If 2 girls are hooked with the 1st male lead but the 2nd guy gets 1 girl, then it may not be considered single male lead harem due to the 2nd guy getting some benefits as well, but if 3 girls are paired with the 1st MC while 2nd guy gets 1 girl, this has entered the Single Male Lead Harem definition on an entry-level.

So, in the case of Gamers!, it is not a Single Male Lead Harem, but a RomCom genre, as only 2 girls like Amano romantically ( Tendou and Hoshinomori ), while 1 girl likes Uehara romantically ( Aguri ) as well as Just Because too, since in that show, 1 girl liked the 2nd male lead ( Natsume ), 1 girl shows some feelings of comfort with the 1st male lead ( Komiya ), and 1 other girl starts to become more aware of the 2nd male lead ( Morikawa ).

So, from my definition, both Gamers! and Just Because! are neither Single-Male Lead Harem or Double Male Lead Harem, but categorized as RomCom and Slice of Life Romance.
CoolitzHubertXVINov 16, 2017 1:33 AM
Nov 16, 2017 3:06 AM

Mar 2017
Know what's almost as impressive as the Olympic medal-worthy, Guinness record-holding amount of threads and posts OP has made on this subject? The fact that not one of his replies in his own threads acknowledges anyone's responses to him.

It's like he's a bot programmed to post about a two male MC harem anime.
What's your rush now? Everyone will have his day to die.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

41 by CheesyJen »»
5 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

104 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

56 by Rinrinka »»
3 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

2 by Dizzy-san »»
22 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

12 by Zarutaku »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.