Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2017 2:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Asta is still trying to improve himself with training...
Felt like this episode focused a lot on him.

Unfortunately, Asta still acts like a kid this episode with some of his outbursts. Pacing feels strange for this show. It shows that Asta and Yuno are beginning their journey but it's going to be a long way ahead..
Oct 17, 2017 3:57 AM
Oct 2014
Another filler episode? What a surprise.

Pierrot is gonna ruin this manga.
Oct 17, 2017 4:19 AM
Oct 2017
cajinnomladen said:
Another filler episode? What a surprise.

Fillers in themeselves are not the problem. The qualitiy of the fillers are the problem. If a filler add something new that match to the world of the series then it will adding new, enjoyable elements. However, if the fillers are bad, because they are boring or out of place then it will take away from the entertainment.

On the other, they adapt the chapter, but they add many new things. For example, we didn't saw how did Asta and Yuno got into the Royal Capital, nor how did Sister Lily met with Asta.

rizuxizu said:
Tournament Arc hype :O Let see how it goes :O it one of the few chapters where you can add a lot more contents.

I really hope people at least stick around for the next few episodes for the tournament arc before dropping / continuing it.

Actually, this is not a tournament arc yet. It's just an exam arc. There will be some 1-on-1 battles, but they are more like the exams from the YuGiOh GX series.
Oct 17, 2017 4:36 AM

Dec 2014
I am enjoying it so far, but it feels like it is really slow paced and feels like not a lot has happened, but I shall stick with it for now and hopefully it will pick up in the next few episodes and hopefully we will be able to see some action
Oct 17, 2017 4:41 AM

Apr 2014
I caught up with the manga before watching this episode and boy does it have god awful pacing issues. The second chapter in the manga legit starts with a 6 month timeskip. Yes, you heard it right. Six months. They skip all the development and start with the exam so this episode was definitely needed.

The duel between the Wizard King and the demon was probably my favorite bit in the episode. The manga never shows how the demon was defeated so it was pretty cool to see what the Wizard King was capable of.
Oct 17, 2017 4:44 AM
Oct 2017
Nero finally showed up 😂😂😂
Oct 17, 2017 4:48 AM

Nov 2015
cajinnomladen said:

Anime can never ruin manga. The manga will never change because of anime. You can always drop the anime and just continue with the manga. Simple as that.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 17, 2017 4:59 AM
Dec 2013
the pacing is so slow even the episode pacing is slow not just the story, watch 3 eps and there are still nothing happen, they add too much stuff to the anime...

hope that it will not be rushed the anime so hard that it might broke it, after the introduction episode (episode 1-3 maybe more).

i bet they will introduce all of the blackbull members on episode 5 and noelle on episode 6
Dark_Flame098Oct 17, 2017 5:16 AM
Oct 17, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
mehmehperson said:
cajinnomladen said:

Anime can never ruin manga. The manga will never change because of anime. You can always drop the anime and just continue with the manga. Simple as that.

The common consensus among the mangareader was that the beginning of BC is not good and moves way too fast without any downtime. So it's kind of funny to see them complaining about the anime when it's fixing the problem in the source material.
Oct 17, 2017 5:09 AM

Oct 2016
Oh my this show is going at a snail’s pace seriously. 3 episodes in and content has only been chapter 1 and fillers. If the show speeds up and goes along with the manga more, my ratings will probably go up. Still trying to get used to Asta’s seiyuu though.
Oct 17, 2017 5:15 AM

Jun 2014
The beginning part of the episode was pretty cool, as we got to see a glimpse of the Wizard King's power as he took down that demon. It kind of reminded me of the 4th Hokage battling the Nine-Tailed Fox in Naruto......

There was some background storytelling in this episode but not much happened beyond that. Things should probably start picking up steam now that Asta and Yuno are about to take the Hero Chunin Hunter Magic Knight exam.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 17, 2017 5:19 AM
Dec 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
The beginning part of the episode was pretty cool, as we got to see a glimpse of the Wizard King's power as he took down that demon. It kind of reminded me of the 4th Hokage battling the Nine-Tailed Fox in Naruto......

There was some background storytelling in this episode but not much happened beyond that. Things should probably start picking up steam now that Asta and Yuno are about to take the Hero Chunin Hunter Magic Knight exam.

i see what u did there, should't it be chunin hunter hero magic knight exam
Oct 17, 2017 5:26 AM
Dec 2013
Z4k said:
mehmehperson said:

The common consensus among the mangareader was that the beginning of BC is not good and moves way too fast without any downtime. So it's kind of funny to see them complaining about the anime when it's fixing the problem in the source material.

and now it moves way too slow to the point that making the viewer losing interest into the show, like seriously need 3 eps for only intro. the anime need to cover more stuff and not just making the intro longer than it needed, beside it not like the reader don't know about the 'first mage emperor defeating the demon stuff'
Oct 17, 2017 5:31 AM

Feb 2013
They left to the capital.
The fight between that huge demon and the first Wizard King was really cool, I want to see demons.
Oct 17, 2017 5:34 AM

Mar 2016
Filler, Filler, Filler. If you guys want to skip this Episode then go ahead. or even just drop this anime.. Anime can’t judge by its filler.. kekeke just saying, but hey atleast I’m enjoying it so far ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2017 5:35 AM

Mar 2011
I think the anime will end w/ the two of em passing the magic knight exam....that's how slow the adaptation LMAO

Oct 17, 2017 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
Take a drink each time Asta says he gonna become Wizard King.

You wouldn't last.

Oct 17, 2017 5:36 AM

Sep 2016
tbh the manga pacing is so fast, they just straight up arrived in exam ground in capital right after yuno-asta fist bump after asta got his grimoire. this filler just normalize the pacing.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 17, 2017 5:45 AM

Jun 2007
So... The main character will yell everytime he wants to say something?

He's even more annoying than Natsu from Fairy Tail.
edwarxOct 17, 2017 5:53 AM
Oct 17, 2017 5:50 AM

Aug 2016
yayy more yelling and more... oh nevermind there was nothing else in this episode...
Oct 17, 2017 6:02 AM
Nov 2016
Oh boy, it looks like we'll finally be getting chapter 2 next week!...
Oct 17, 2017 6:06 AM

Apr 2014
Dark_Flame098 said:
and now it moves way too slow to the point that making the viewer losing interest into the show, like seriously need 3 eps for only intro. the anime need to cover more stuff and not just making the intro longer than it needed,'

The anime will have 51 episodes. It'll cover all the stuff needed so there's no need to rush. If it had something like 12 or 24 episodes like in BnHA where the episodes were dragged without adding anything new then all the complaints about the slow pacing would definitely be valid but here it doesn't. If it really annoys you that much then put the anime on hold and binge watch it when it has more episodes. Nobody is forcing you to watch it weekly.
beside it not like the reader don't know about the 'first mage emperor defeating the demon stuff

There's a difference between being told about that and then seeing it for yourself. I thought it was really cool to see the fight between the demon and the Wizard King.
Oct 17, 2017 6:13 AM

Apr 2015
Best episode so far.

Asta really train much. :)

Ending song is so goood. ~

4/5
Oct 17, 2017 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
ENTER OBLIGATORY SHOUNEN EXAM ARC

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 17, 2017 6:21 AM
Feb 2017
Although so far it isn't a blast as many other shounens are, I guess I'm neither liking nor disliking it.

The only problem I have is the main character Asta. His voice and attitude are just so bad. In this episode we could have seen a great scene where he reconforts Nash. Instead we just get his f*cking annoying scream and "look at me and how strong I am". So far, even while getting a Grimoire, there is zero character development. Maybe anything along the lines of "Nash, everyone can follow and acomplish their dreams, even people like us", would have made this anime just a pinch better.
Oct 17, 2017 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
Please tell me a better and more interesting character will show up soon. Asta is so annoying
Oct 17, 2017 6:26 AM
Aug 2015
So they added more fillers to it. Sure the manga pace was really fast, but i think they should stop to add more "Sister marry me" joke. It wasn't as much as this in the manga lol.. Anyway, next arc is the exam arc.. hope they will adapted it as good as in the manga.
renzosparkOct 17, 2017 6:34 AM
Oct 17, 2017 6:26 AM
Jun 2016
We should count how many times Asta has said he's going to be the Wizard King.

Man, it feels like he's already close to saying that as much as how many times Naruto said he's gonna become Hokage or Luffy said he's going to be Pirate King throughout either of their respective series. Wish he would shut up. We already got the damn message. Doesn't help that his voice is still really annoying and I don't think that'll change at this point (though he did talk normally more often here).
Oct 17, 2017 6:43 AM

Dec 2014
They sure are taking this at a leisurely pace. Mostly just a setup episode.

The opening sequence was cool.

Asta and Yuno's training was kinda nice to watch.

Asta giving Yuno the Leaf juice in the journey montage was hilarious.
Oct 17, 2017 6:49 AM
May 2016
fucking dumb episoe actually nothing happened
Oct 17, 2017 6:53 AM

Mar 2015
Z4k said:
mehmehperson said:

finnaly some freaking sense... if only most people like you, i would really gratefull... it's literaly what people complain about, but when thye fix it, someone still complain...

the manga literaly just like really bad LN adaptation when the pace jumped out from place to place and only showing up action and action... i don't think it's sustainable in animated from for long run.. except you has JOJO lvl of dedication and amount of original source...

it was nice more glimse to character, but the repetitiveness does kinda annoying thing from filler... but the rest is awesome... kinda getting used wth asta voice surprsingly...O_o... and the glimse of past was awesome... also hype next chapter... AYY

KumaOct 17, 2017 7:02 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 17, 2017 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
The battle of the beginning was nice. Other than that, not much happened. Well, Yuno and Asta reached the capital at the end. Let's see what will await them in that place.
Oct 17, 2017 7:04 AM

Jul 2014
Probably the only time I'll say this but Pierrot Is doing a pretty nice job with its filler. Now I still hate Astas voice but the anime is definitely an improvement.
Oct 17, 2017 7:09 AM
Sep 2012
Oh, didn't expect that I like this episode more than the previous ones. I kinda like how they show the bond between Asta and the rest of them, especially Yuno (even a bit). I appreciate they both were given time to be on the same screen together, just to reaffirm their friendship despite being a rival. It just give the character just a biiiiit of depth than in the beginning of manga. I think I'll watch this as casually as possible because of the current slow pacing. I was just going to move to the manga after this but I think I'll hold 3 more episodes. Asta has become a bit bearable to me than the first episode, maybe I'm biased because he reminds me of Luffy and Hinata Shoyou. I love both the series they're in after all

That aside... The Wizard King scenes before the OP. What.. What is the purpose of it? No dialouge at all for almost two minutes (I know this maybe not needed in it, but then maybe don't add that scene in?). Is it to show how cool the fights can be? Though, the animation doesn't really prove it. The monster and the wizard king's movement animation sometimes jarring. Even the chibi after-episode's (I don't know what's it called, please do tell me) animation flows better than that scene. I was put off by it but was saved by the rest of the episode. Sort of.

Now Asta is separated from Sister Lily, no more joke about "KEKKOUSHITE KUDASAI" right?! That's a relieve.

They seems going to keeping MAAAAAADAAAAAAA DAAAAAAA! 'til the end of the series tho.
AuthraOct 17, 2017 7:13 AM
Oct 17, 2017 7:40 AM
Sep 2015
"A grimoire's size and thickness are determined by its owner's style"

Yeah, 'style'... for sure...
Oct 17, 2017 7:55 AM

Aug 2015
Only Studio Pierrot could put fillers in the beginning of a new season of a new show. Sigh.
...At least let me finish.

Oct 17, 2017 7:56 AM

Jan 2016
Sure it's a filler, but it's not bad at all. People who are just gonna complain should just drop this already.

I think it's a normal shounen anime, if that's not your thing then sorry you're not gonna like this. I for one like shounen's or atleast enjoy them to some extent and so far perriot has done a decent job in my eyes.
Oct 17, 2017 8:09 AM

Jun 2015
The only best part of this episode was the Wizard King defeating the demon. He is very powerful. Asta and Yuno are about to take the Magic Knight exam. They had quite the journey.
Oct 17, 2017 8:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
this episode was half training, half smiles ;)
Oct 17, 2017 8:16 AM

Mar 2016
... this was sorta of filler.... it all this content didn't need to take an entire episode.
It was good but I ready for the exam... some of y'all are like TOURNMENT ARC... sorry but it's not really (at least in the manga)

I do think it's sorta sad that nobody believes in asta. Like at least the sister is saying well you can try but Father is just uhhhhhh no. :(. GO ASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (in medium-pitch slightly gargled at the end of each scream asta voice)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2017 8:26 AM
Aug 2015
I didn't know we were watching one piece with this shitty ass pacing lol. Eps are so underwhelming. Even last weeks one.. half the ep is just meh with the part we wanted to see at the ending of first ep only happening near the end of second ep. God.. Black clover so not worth the hype (SO FAR). I'm really hoping this isn't going to be a recurring theme in this anime.
Oct 17, 2017 8:28 AM
Mar 2016
Dark_Flame098 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

i see what u did there, should't it be chunin hunter hero magic knight exam

Hunter exam was first. Btw I wouldn't even compare this to the Chuunin or Hunter exams as it is way shorter. It's more appropriate to compare it to the hero exam as they have similar length. The sports festival is Boku no Hero Academias take on the Chuunin and Hunter exam. Black Clover currently has a tournament arc ongoing in the manga that's comparable to the Hunter exam and Chuunin exam, which is another reason why I wouldn't compare next episodes exam to the Hunter and Chuunin exam.

Plus both the Hunter and Chuunin exams were tournaments where one or several characters ended up winning in the end. In Boku no Hero Academias Hero exam and this exam, you basically have no winners. There is no tournament, just the ones that excel the most become a student of UA/Magicknight.
Oct 17, 2017 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
So.... boring. So much mentally challenged screaming. Also 200 pound sword. All we're missing is a small furry animal that is really smart and makes the same noise over and over.
Oct 17, 2017 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
ricardo241 said:
I think the anime will end w/ the two of em passing the magic knight exam....that's how slow the adaptation LMAO

I would laugh so much if that happens... XD
Oct 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Sep 2009
I can see why manga reader would complain and sometimes drop this. 3 episodes in and 3 only have had the first chapters done. I mean when My Hero Academia did it at least they stuck to the source material.

I keep goin as I know it gets a bit better.
Oct 17, 2017 9:12 AM

Aug 2011
Can they.. please.. get.. a different.. voice actor..

Oct 17, 2017 9:12 AM

Oct 2015
Next episode is going to make or break for most people. The filler is alright but the demon could had looked cooler and the wizard king looked like a midget/ teenager :O The ending definitely got me fired up. Please don't screw up the exam arc :O from the look we might get additional contents seeing some of the shadowy figures. Hopefully, we get to see a portion of the exam at the very least and not spend like 15 minutes checking the town out then 5 mins of exam then cliffhanger.

Also, starting to get used to Asta's voice a little. It still coarse as hell,hopefully he smooth it out eventually. He sound like he had a voice break tbh, hope it not some meta thing the sound director thought of :O
Oct 17, 2017 9:35 AM

Jun 2015
Asta's voice is unbearable. In fact, HE is unbearable... he couldn't just have a nice moment with Nash, could he? He had to come out shouting.

I don't understand how Asta has any friends or people that like him in this series.
Oct 17, 2017 9:42 AM
Nov 2016
Hmm, eventhough this was a filler episode, I felt like it was better than the last two episodes. In the manga, there's like a time-skip of 6 months and it's directly at the entrance exam ceremony. But I liked how the anime tried to flesh out the story more.

That being said, I don't know how long the entrance ceremony arc is going to be but I think it should be kept pretty short as there really isn't enough material to draw it out and most of the better battles happen later in the manga. This episode gives me a tiny bit of hope.
Oct 17, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2016
Better than episode two at least. People are saying this series gets better which I hope they're right about cause I'd like to see this anime through to completion.

And for some reason Asta's voice didn't bother me in the first two episodes but it did in this one. It's that weird gargling screechy thing he does at the end of his sentences where I'm like "could you not?"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this guy only scream?

Yeetyus - Mar 2

49 by KafarPL »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

174 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Yesterday, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

74 by Farabeuf »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2020

66 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

342 by anikevin »»
Apr 16, 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.