New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2017 7:44 PM

Apr 2015
So can I fap to LoGH now?
Sep 20, 2017 7:50 PM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
Shitty awful character designs lifted straight out of fujobait shows.
Questionable animation.
Unfitting VAs

RIP LOGH remake. Who thought this was a good idea?

12 episodes

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? HOWDOYOUFITASHOWINTOTHATWHYWOULDYOUDOTHAT
Did you forget that the original wasn't long running and adapted 1 Volume per every 12 Episodes? Most likely they are doing 12 Episodes/3 Movies per year(like MBS Unicorn/Origin and Ymanato)
Sup...
Sep 20, 2017 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
This actually looks good, the original is so terrible but this looks like AOTS material.
Sep 20, 2017 8:31 PM

Nov 2015
Fai said:

The character designs in this remake are literally uninspired mess that looks as generic as it can. There's not a semblance of personality in them.

Now you know how I felt about the FMA:brotherhood designs. Awful compared to the 1st FMA.

And anime original content like this
kept it away from being a true masterpiece;)
Old_School_AkiraSep 20, 2017 8:39 PM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 20, 2017 8:54 PM

Sep 2014
Everyone losing their minds over a one minute clip -_-

At the same time, it's a beloved series, so I hope the remake can both do the OVA justice and bring in new fans.
Sep 20, 2017 9:26 PM

Mar 2015
>complain about fujoshi

guys, maybe this is new information for you, but the older manga adaption is on Chara, a BL magazine (i haven't read it my self, because i am not intersted)... at least, the current manga adaptation is on Young Jump...

so, this is already attracted fujoshi to begin with and nothings new...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 20, 2017 9:32 PM

Feb 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Fai said:
Questionable animation.
Unfitting VAs

Did you forget that the original wasn't long running and adapted 1 Volume per every 12 Episodes? Most likely they are doing 12 Episodes/3 Movies per year(like MBS Unicorn/Origin and Ymanato)

If that's the case, then that's some terrible and incompetent marketing on their part. Unless of course, if they're trying to create some buzz by starting a controversy in order to get more people talking about the show, then I guess they have succeeded.
Sep 20, 2017 10:06 PM

Oct 2015
I'm neither excited nor dissapointed with this trailer. I'm just going to wait and see for myself and then start to praise or critisize this new version.
Omnia munda mundis
Sep 21, 2017 12:43 AM

Mar 2016
I feel pretty alone here in saying this but, I can't wait.
Hoping it's going to squish everything into one medium to save me from having to watch the next 90 episodes of the original lol
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Sep 21, 2017 12:56 AM

May 2016
the space battles look like they're going to be a bit more interesting than the originals.
the character designs are a bit of a turnoff for me personally. they make them look a bit too pretty boy. they don't really look like space commanders

Sep 21, 2017 2:35 AM

Jul 2007
SenpaiJay98 said:
Fai said:
Questionable animation.
Unfitting VAs

Good luck getting more than than 12episodes/3 movies from t his considering the lack o quality and effort so far. I will be VERY surprised if this does not die after first run.
Sep 21, 2017 2:39 AM

Dec 2016
This is gonna be amazing.
Sep 21, 2017 6:57 AM
Aug 2017
The character designs bug me a bit. The Cg looks great, there is a lot of detail. The battles don't look as good as in the original to me, although that is pure opinion. Not expecting the original quality. If it has a quarter the quality of the original then it will be anime of the year for 2018 beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Sep 21, 2017 7:21 AM

Feb 2015
So the mods bitched around for fun and changed Reinhardt's and Yang's chara picture. Nice, really.
Gotta remove yang from my favs now. I don't want to see this ugly face and be reminded of this adaptation's existence, as well as having it shoved down my face every time I go on my profile.
Sep 21, 2017 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
Danae said:
that cast though <3

I haven't watched the original series but seeing there's a narrator in the main cast, I hope he's not as annoying as in HxH

You should watch the original series...old and long it is but it is worth it
Sep 21, 2017 11:16 AM
Mar 2017
This PV is an insult to life itself!!!
Sep 21, 2017 12:24 PM
Aug 2017
Dalkr said:
This PV is an insult to life itself!!!

I hate that I didn't get that this was a Miyazaki reference at first.
Sep 21, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
So disappointing butchering one of the greatest series ever and this chara-design is absolutely awful .

Looks like Yang and Reinhardt are from a boys band ... can't wait .

Sep 21, 2017 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
Won't be hard to top the original ova, in my opinion.

TheAwakenHD said:
They had the flamboyant look in lotgh as well, though.

Sep 21, 2017 3:30 PM

Sep 2016
Holy sh*t, Akashi from Kuroko no Basket leave the basketball for joined to the Reinhard Galatic Empire ha.
Sep 21, 2017 4:05 PM

Jan 2017
Aemnesias said:
So the mods bitched around for fun and changed Reinhardt's and Yang's chara picture. Nice, really.
Gotta remove yang from my favs now. I don't want to see this ugly face and be reminded of this adaptation's existence, as well as having it shoved down my face every time I go on my profile.

lol they changed the pictures again. they are using pictures from the old anime now.
Cyber_IcarusSep 21, 2017 4:09 PM
Sep 21, 2017 4:09 PM

Jan 2017
Kuma said:
>complain about fujoshi

guys, maybe this is new information for you, but the older manga adaption is on Chara, a BL magazine (i haven't read it my self, because i am not intersted)... at least, the current manga adaptation is on Young Jump...

the old show and the new one aren't based on the manga. they are based on the original novel and both shows use "original" art.
Sep 21, 2017 5:11 PM

Sep 2010
What are Kise and Akashi doing in LoGH?

"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 21, 2017 5:41 PM

Mar 2015
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
Kuma said:
>complain about fujoshi

the old show and the new one aren't based on the manga. they are based on the original novel and both shows use "original" art.

>obviously duh because original source is simply novel without any illustration...

mypoint is not that... this series already attracted fujoshi fanbase to begin with.. they are not try to search new fujoshi fanbase, but fujoshi was already part of fanbase... what fujoshi (and fanbase, which in here mainly japan taste) like *surprise* also developed over the time... and LOGH definitely also kind of series fujoshi like, at least during it's time... let alone logh, do you guys forgot that Slam Dunk which much less "pretty"lOl also had really strong fujoshi fanbase back then? it's no surprise they also doing it now, more fitting with current japanese taste... if you take a look the current on going LOGH adaptation that run in young jump, it's much closer to that....
KumaSep 21, 2017 5:47 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 21, 2017 8:05 PM

Aug 2014
the cgi is better than expected but the art is eh
far too short too

rip

Kuma said:

>obviously duh because original source is simply novel without any illustration...

i'm pretty sure the novel had art for the characters actually, at least on the covers
Sep 21, 2017 8:10 PM

Mar 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Kuma said:

i'm pretty sure the novel had art for the characters actually, at least on the covers

IIRC from discussion i had with people who actually read novels (again, i have no interest in LOGH, like at all, not that i hate it, simply space opera is not my thing, just irked how lot of people really nitpicking about visual "insluting" their intellegence), no it isn't, mostly bunch of spaceship illustration...
Sep 21, 2017 8:13 PM

Aug 2014
Kuma said:
Insertanamehere said:

IIRC from discussion i had with people who actually read novels (again, i have no interest in LOGH, like at all, not that i hate it, simply space opera is not my thing, just irked how lot of people really nitpicking about visual "insluting" their intellegence), no it isn't, mostly bunch of spaceship illustration...

I haven't actually read the novels and am just going off a quick google search here, but;

https://gineipaedia.com/w/images/thumb/b/bc/LOGH_Gaiden_novel_2_cover.jpg/300px-LOGH_Gaiden_novel_2_cover.jpg
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/manga/1/186216l.jpg
https://gineipaedia.com/w/images/thumb/b/bc/LOGH_novel_4_cover.jpg/300px-LOGH_novel_4_cover.jpg
Sep 21, 2017 8:17 PM

Mar 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Kuma said:

I haven't actually read the novels and am just going off a quick google search here, but;

https://gineipaedia.com/w/images/thumb/b/bc/LOGH_Gaiden_novel_2_cover.jpg/300px-LOGH_Gaiden_novel_2_cover.jpg
https://gineipaedia.com/w/images/thumb/b/bc/LOGH_novel_4_cover.jpg/300px-LOGH_novel_4_cover.jpg

aren't those from side stories which come very letter? also surprisingly, it doesn't really much dfferent...
Sep 21, 2017 8:51 PM

Aug 2014
Kuma said:
Insertanamehere said:

aren't those from side stories which come very letter? also surprisingly, it doesn't really much dfferent...

Oh is it? I think the first one is and the other two aren't? Idk, you may be right then, i'm not sure
Sep 21, 2017 8:59 PM

Mar 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Kuma said:

Oh is it? I think the first one is and the other two aren't? Idk, you may be right then, i'm not sure

same, oh well, correct me if i am worng, but still, i don't get why people soo worked up with character design...
Sep 21, 2017 11:16 PM

Apr 2015
Let's create a galactic empire of basketball!!!
Sep 22, 2017 4:32 AM
Aug 2017
code said:

TheAwakenHD said:

First off, yes it will be difficult, not only difficult, but almost impossible.

Secondly, I have stated this in another discussion, but the character designs are, indeed, awful. Reinhard and Kircheis are supposed to be pretty boys anyway, so they're ok (I don't know why they changed Kircheis' hair considering as it was described as curly even in the novels, but that's a nitpick). Yang, on the other hand, is a 31 year old man who is noted several times in both the original novels and in the original adaptation to be bad at keeping both himself and his surroundings clean, and he is even described as somewhat of an alcoholic. The original design from the original OVA was able to pull this off well, as it gave him a very realistic face made him see tired most of the time. Now look at this new design and see if it captures any of those characteristics. You're not supposed to know from a design alone, of course, however, it would be jarring to see someone designed like this to act like Yang did in the novels. If you want more further evidence on how the character designs in the original might be superior to this, even if the animation and art is far more detailed, then please watch Digibro's video on the subject.
Sep 22, 2017 5:41 AM

Apr 2015
Just for the triggered elitists, this is gonna be good!
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 22, 2017 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
You said:
Let's create a galactic empire of basketball!!!

With the exception of Mittermeyer, I can imagine the rest of the cast to be very close to these designs.

Sep 22, 2017 10:00 AM

Oct 2012
I need some time to adjust to the new character designs, but they look sharp! My only worry regarding that is how stoic Yang looks in this adaptation compared to how he is in the original. This more serious appearance doesn't mesh well with his more lax, pretty goofy personality.

I'm glad to see more news of a remake, but I'm concerned how much material they will cover this season (and future seasons if they are made). I'll be skeptical, but I'm glad to see LOGH gather more interest.
Sep 22, 2017 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Why remake sth as perfect as LOGH?
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Sep 22, 2017 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
Fai said:
Questionable animation.
Unfitting VAs

12 episodes

I think it might be sort of like Space Battleship Yamato 2199. It's the same pace as the original, it just covers less. This being said, I doubt it will be as good as 2199 but I hope it will at least be better than Berserk 2016.
Sep 22, 2017 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
Kakorat859 said:
code said:

First off, yes it will be difficult, not only difficult, but almost impossible.

Secondly, I have stated this in another discussion, but the character designs are, indeed, awful. Reinhard and Kircheis are supposed to be pretty boys anyway, so they're ok (I don't know why they changed Kircheis' hair considering as it was described as curly even in the novels, but that's a nitpick). Yang, on the other hand, is a 31 year old man who is noted several times in both the original novels and in the original adaptation to be bad at keeping both himself and his surroundings clean, and he is even described as somewhat of an alcoholic. The original design from the original OVA was able to pull this off well, as it gave him a very realistic face made him see tired most of the time. Now look at this new design and see if it captures any of those characteristics. You're not supposed to know from a design alone, of course, however, it would be jarring to see someone designed like this to act like Yang did in the novels. If you want more further evidence on how the character designs in the original might be superior to this, even if the animation and art is far more detailed, then please watch Digibro's video on the subject.
I will agree that the art style of the orig is really nice.
I've seen that vid a while ago and agree with the point he made.
It's the only thing about the ova I think is strong.

Sep 22, 2017 2:21 PM
Jun 2016
That's not Yang... I guess it was too much to expect LOGH to look like LOGH in 2018. Let's hope politics will remain as a focal theme.
Sep 23, 2017 12:21 AM

Apr 2014
I want to puke

Get this weeb trash out of my face. A 100 episode space opera classic turned into otaku 12 ep garbage

Modern anime at its finest
themanualreader@proton.me
Sep 23, 2017 4:45 AM

Aug 2013
LotGH has always been fujo-pandering, though. Just look at Reinhard and Kircheis. I don't like the new chara design either but it's not what matters the most.
What concerns me is the length of this new adaptation. It's way too short to adapt even half of the story.
Sep 24, 2017 9:17 PM

Mar 2013
Danae said:
I haven't watched the original series but seeing there's a narrator in the main cast, I hope he's not as annoying as in HxH

He will just spoil stuff in the next episode preview.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Sep 30, 2017 5:57 AM
Oct 2014
At least i have new LOGH material to watch :3
Feb 5, 2018 4:29 AM

Nov 2007
Anime Season's OP & ED Announced:
OP: "Binary Star" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Uru
ED: "WISH" by ELISA
http://moca-news.net/article/20180205/2018020521160a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 7, 2018 12:28 AM

Sep 2017
How sad to remake an epic such as LotGH, and give it 12 ep and a couple movies. If It turns out like shit the only positive I can see this show doing is getting more people into the original OVA. I'm hopeful, but the character designs look like they belong in some average ass seasonal anime. Plus the condensed size lead me to believe this is just a cash grab without intentions to do the original justice. I'd rather they just left it alone if they can't show Lotgh the respect it deserves.
Feb 27, 2018 11:22 PM

Nov 2007
TV Anime will broadcast on Tuesdays 21:00 (9:00 p.m.) via CS Family Theater, followed by Tokyo MX, BS11, and MBS beginning April 3. There will be a special show explaining about the anime exclusively on CS Family Theater on March 31 at 21:00
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/271470
tsubasaloverFeb 28, 2018 5:11 AM
May 13, 2019 2:20 AM

Nov 2007
Two key visuals for Seiran (Ginga Teikoku ver. and Jiyuu Wakusei Doumei ver.)
Part 1 premiere September 27, part 2 premiere October 25, part 3 premiere November 29.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/331183

Screenshots
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/335591

Long PV, 3 additional casts
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/341308

Key visual for Part 1
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/344053
tsubasaloverSep 10, 2019 2:48 AM
May 13, 2019 10:25 AM
May 2019
what is something we can expect?
Jul 21, 2021 1:18 AM
May 2020
Lemon said:
Yang's voice sounds like it belongs on Dusty.

Kircheis looks like he's having a bad hair decade. Get the man some volumizers or a daily blowdry appointment stat.

So excited for this trainwreck. The originals were more than bad enough art and animation-wise but those ugly CG blobs and gakuen handsome chins bring strong competition. I wasn't a fan of the writing either and from the looks of it that's not gonna change much this time round.

JonasTheJay said:
This doesn't look half bad, to be honest. I hope this will actually be a complete adaptation of the novel.

They're going to adapt 2 or 3 books max and then let this die, provided it doesn't immediately burn up after this set of projects. I'm calling it.

Avi-nash said:
So will they be adapting 1 vol of the in all those movies and tv series..... i checked up on mal and its listed that novel has 10 vol.
I want to know if that old adaptation covers the whole source material....??
cuz if thats the case i might as well watch that one rather than endlessly waiting for an incomplete adaptation...

The old adaptation covers all the source material.

Well, seems you were wrong about most of this. The remake did quite well and is now getting a 2 cour season 3. The remake will most likely be a full remake and will cover all the way through volume 10 even if it takes around a decade, it will still get a full remake.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 7 minutes ago

1 by malvarez1 »»
6 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

7 by malvarez1 »»
7 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
3 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no RozĂ©' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.