Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2017 5:11 PM
Aug 2012
It seems to be the most logical explanation, but why did they put the forgotten Higasa in the credits? Was it necessary? Don't they look a lot alike?
Aug 13, 2017 5:11 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ah this was perfect. The chat between Ougi and Araragi was just great as well as the fact he ended up saving Ougi from getting swallowed by the darkness. I was soo happy to see Oshino again because it's been like forever. Since Bake really. He accepted Araragi's apparition as his own niece making it a truth now.

Also seeing Hanekawa again was fantastic. She's soo awesome. Then we finally see that Hachikuji is a god. She 'll be the best god in town because she's simply that great lool. We also get the graduation. I lol'd at the chat Araragi was having with Tsubasa as they made their way into the school. Seeing Hitagi there and greeting them was bliss. Araragi eventually runs off chasing someone who's passed him by. Basically doing what he normally does because that's the type of person that he is.

This was a very great ending imo. Even though in the show only 6 months have flew by, its been years for us watching it and I couldn't have loved it more. Bless based SHAFT for making my favorite anime series and bless Nisio for creating it in the first place.

Even though this isn't the actual end since Zoku Owari, (the epilogue) hasn't been animated , I'm very excited to see more of the stories from the books beyond it get animated in the future.
Aug 13, 2017 5:32 PM

Oct 2016
Nyoro said:
Inokori said:
the novels says that the girl that Koyomi chases after is a first year
she may be Higasa but there's no confirmation (at least in the translations) that Higasa is a first year, she is only known to be part of the basket team

but the girl hugging Kanbaru at the end screen is indeed Higasa so idk

She isn't Higasa. Higasa is a classmate of Kanbaru and, as such, a 2nd year - until Hanamonogatari events.

The girl is just a student who seems to be in some kind of distress, and so Araragi rushes to find her and help her, like Araragi always does. Hence the "You never change, Araragi-senpai" from Ougi.

the student Araragi chases is indeed a first year, confirmed by the ribbon she wears
the only thing not confirmed is the girl at the graduation screen, we should assume is someone close to Kanbaru, and the monogatari series is known for not even making models for the side characters, so she being there means that is either someone important or someone we know, and Higasa is the only option i can think of, even if its a long shot
but then again, nothing of this regarding the end credits screen is confirmed

hopefully someone can clarify this final part
Aug 13, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2016
sasalx said:
@MetaThPr4h
@Panaru
@Aredros
@Swagernator

Actually people might think this is the ending of the main story but it is not. Not even close.

We have Zoko-Owari which is the real ending and shows everyone and how they moved on after the events.

We also have some arcs that shows us the future like Araragi after collage and working as
and his relationship with Hitagi etc.

So this ending we got just concludes the Owari.
have you read Zoku?
This is the ending of main story. Zoku is just an extra. Off season are side stories, I haven't read Shinobumonogatari(Monster season) yet but my guess is it's the same as Zoku.
Aug 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Dec 2016
As much as I wanted the main storyline to continue, I have to admit... This is a truly great way to finish the series, as not only are the 3 arcs superb, but it also gives closure to every character. I give this season a 9.5/10

I'm gonna miss this series so damn much!

BTW, I am not an expert with the books so, can someone tell me if there are more books planned for the future and how many arcs have not yet made it to the adaptation??
Aug 13, 2017 6:43 PM
Sep 2008
Inokori said:
Nyoro said:

She isn't Higasa. Higasa is a classmate of Kanbaru and, as such, a 2nd year - until Hanamonogatari events.

The girl is just a student who seems to be in some kind of distress, and so Araragi rushes to find her and help her, like Araragi always does. Hence the "You never change, Araragi-senpai" from Ougi.

the student Araragi chases is indeed a first year, confirmed by the ribbon she wears
the only thing not confirmed is the girl at the graduation screen, we should assume is someone close to Kanbaru, and the monogatari series is known for not even making models for the side characters, so she being there means that is either someone important or someone we know, and Higasa is the only option i can think of, even if its a long shot
but then again, nothing of this regarding the end credits screen is confirmed

hopefully someone can clarify this final part

yep that is Higasa. Her hair is quite recognisable and she appears before giving Kanbaru the bouquets she's going to give as a present
Aug 13, 2017 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending. The solutions in this series are always shockingly simple for all the talk and build up, the actual actions the characters take aren't complicated. This arc was solved simply by Koyomi calling out Ougi Oshino as himself and for a twist, Meme Oshino acknowledging her as his niece.
Aug 13, 2017 7:58 PM
Aug 2016
10/10 Would definitely rewatch again.

Ougi showing actual emotions was the greatest thing that I've seen in the series.
Aug 13, 2017 8:30 PM
Apr 2016
I just started a couple weeks ago monogatari and it didn't cross my mind that this was about going to end! i aplaud you people who followed for so long!

i hope shaft continue at least adapting zoko-owari

i'm so happy that decided to watch this! i will give this series a 9/10

Hitagi senjogahara i love you!
Aug 13, 2017 8:31 PM
Jul 2016
GOD BLESS MAYOI!

ps: after Kizumonogatari Definitely hanekwa > Senjougahara
Aug 13, 2017 8:36 PM

Sep 2015
Dam that was a wonderful ending. I remember a while back me and a classmate were arguing. The claimed Ougi was another version of Koyomi (didnt read novel btw) and I still stuck with the idea that Ougi was Meme's niece. I wonder who was right in the end lol. Anyways Shinobu back to being a Loli Shadow and Mayoi now a kami meaning she be devoured by the darkness. Also Hitagi long hair ftw.
Aug 13, 2017 8:38 PM

Oct 2015
Good conclusion, and good ending, it pleased me so much. Thank you Nisio-san for the story, thank you Shaft for making a good adaptation.

I like how Koyomi being Koyomi, in the end he still decide to save Ougi (or should I said 'himself'?)

Like always, even after the curtain closed and an arc ended, question still lingering here and there.

I can't get enough to see Shinobu here, lel. A powerful Vampire turn to be a loving/cuddle-able (or cud-able?) girl. She hug her Koyomi 1 eps long, and decide to be a loli where she can be spoiled by Araragi 24/7 :p

Aug 13, 2017 10:20 PM

May 2016
gladisr said:
About Gaen, which one that she predict actually?
I guess her prediction is, the disorder in this town will be solved tonight.

and I just curious what will happen if Ougi 'did' being sucked by Darkness

She will be vanished, with the same rule that Gaen explained to Araragi in Monogatari series second season Mayoi's arc.

I can't get enough to see Shinobu here, lel. A powerful Vampire turn to be a loving/cuddle-able (or cud-able?) girl. She hug her Koyomi 1 eps long, and decide to be a loli where she can be spoiled by Araragi 24/7 :p
We all know that this is the true reason why the ending is 10/10
*winks*
Aug 13, 2017 11:04 PM

Jun 2015
absolutely perfect
all 96 episodes + 3 movies were building up to this: a fitting end
10/10
Aug 13, 2017 11:26 PM

Apr 2016
I just really happy hearing Oshino's catchphrase again

Aug 14, 2017 12:21 AM
Dec 2013
What an GREAT anime! Really amazing! Couldn't rate 10 because the whole episode was so intense and full of mystery and so thrilling and my heart was racing all the time and my eyes teared out of excitement BUT THEN the last last scene cooled me off too quickly. Usually that's what the ending song do for me but when I reached the ED I was already thinking and contemplating how great this series is and feel pity for my normie friends that don't watch anime because they're close-minded. Maybe if they tried a different approach, like switching ed with the last scene, I probably would've felt different, I don't know.
A bit silly, I recognize that but that's just how I feel.

Is it okay to feel dumber whenever I watch Monogatari Series? I mean, even though it gives you lots of hints, words and moments that makes you remember past scenes, I still feel too dumb for this, like I'm missing something (like brain cells). I legit feel like that.
Aug 14, 2017 1:50 AM

Oct 2015
Cactii said:
I guess her prediction is, the disorder in this town will be solved tonight.

ah, I see, whatever the route Araragi take, the outcome will still be the same, peaceful and happy ending.

She will be vanished, with the same rule that Gaen explained to Araragi in Monogatari series second season Mayoi's arc.

lel, pretty essential eh? thank you for remind me that. This Araragi is Ougi is Araragi made me slight overthink things and think Araragi would suffer some consequence if Ougi die.

We all know that this is the true reason why the ending is 10/10
*winks*

Agreed.
What you type on MAL; simple smile emoji, :D

what happen on your brain and heart actually;
*Captain, the SHIP hit the iceberg captain!! the ship is now sinking!* <sfx sfx>

you know, this is f*cking damn cute, and this hit me more because I just re-watch Koyomi x Shinobu kiss scene another day [don't judge me pls], and to know Shinobu actually like it, it just make my heart melt.

*cough* sorry, I got carried away, just ignored this message pls

BRB gotta get some dose of Senjougahara Hitagi to cure this.
gladisrAug 14, 2017 2:29 AM
Aug 14, 2017 4:48 AM

Dec 2013
Just binged watched the entire 7 episodes and they were perfect.

Watching Koyomi saying farewell to his adolescence in the form of Ougi was quite visceral, not to mention him ending up doing what he does best in the end, saving others (this time a physical alter-ego of himself) with no regard for himself.

Then the ending where Tsubasa, after running ragged for 3 seasons, coming back right on cue with Meme, and throwing up a "I win" signal.... I have no words. :D

With this, we've come to the end of the climax of our Monogatari story I guess. Just ZokuOwari and the other parts to fill in the gaps.... unless Nisio ever decides to revisit this wonderful universe of his.

Been hooked on this series since it's first premiered 8 years ago when I graduated from Uni. Can't believe it's been so long, and still so good. Where has the time gone?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 14, 2017 6:22 AM

Jun 2014
This is the best ending for the series I could've hoped for. I know there's a lot more to come after this, but I consider this as Monogatari's pinnacle point. I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to watch more of what's about to come from this point.

Also, Araragi and Shinobu's relationship has got to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in this series. Even more than his relationship with Senjougahara.
Aug 14, 2017 7:37 AM

Jan 2014
Shinobu+Ougi+Imoutos+Hachikuji+Ononokietc

All lolis andl best girls are happy 10/10

Hitagi is gonna die of old age soon poor girl...
Aug 14, 2017 7:47 AM

Jul 2015
LLG said:
Yes, it's weird. If they hadn't put Higasa just after, I would simply have gone for the simple explanation, but now I'm confused. Well, if it's written as you say in the novels, I guess I have no reason to doubt.

It's most likely her, because she actually held off Kanbaru at the end.

Aug 14, 2017 7:54 AM

Mar 2016
Can anyone explain me who was the girl with the short hair in the final scene?
I want to talk with people who likes good animes, the 2deep4u animes, spanish too , 4ever evangelion and monogatari
Aug 14, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2014
This feels like it would be pretty much the perfect way to end the series, as Araragi has graduated and finally saved himself (and Ougi in the process). Also, everyone finally came back again, including Meme Oshino himself with his famous catchphrase. In general, I'm just really glad that Araragi chose to save Ougi, as I came to care about her way more than I expected despite everything she's done (and that's not just because of what she actually was). Mind you, her survival makes her appearance as a boy in Hanamonogatari even more confusing than it already was, so there's that to explain. Either way, I hear that there's still Zokuowari to adapt, but I'd be surprised if it could top this.

The inevitable AOTS delivered, big time. 10/10
Aug 14, 2017 11:00 AM

Aug 2012
wow! this is the end right?
thank you monogatari series for this amazing-almost-a-decade-head-tilt-full ride. will miss you much!
mister donut/10

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Aug 14, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
Damn that was amazing!!! Usually i wish for a new episode to come out as soon as possible, but after completing it in 2 days i really want to say why it ended so quickly =/
Those mini-interactions for Shinobu, Ononoki and Hachikuji, it was always such a cool gimmick and this time it was very enjoyable.
Ougi was pretty interesting character from the start, but overall her role was minor to be attached to her character in any way. And even this time she didn't have much screentime, but i feel like this time was her time to shine, or mb close to it, that farewell scene with Araragi was so good! Half through the way it was quite obvious what's going to happen, but still it was amazing! The only thing that was kinda dissapointed was how easily/fast Oshino Meme solved the problem, well i really wanted to see him in the end and sometimes the solution is just easy.
That ending scene with Hitagi, that blush!!! Still a little complaint for overall series, always thought that Gahara-san doesn't get much screen time for being "main girl"/lover, i think that even the date part was quite short.
And Shinobu's last line, Medetashi Medetashi ...
allenjkeAug 14, 2017 11:22 AM
Aug 14, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2007
This was great. Second time when I read ahead the novel before anime (first being Kizumonogatari) and just time and time again I feel that SHAFT novel adaptations are on-point. I actually felt sad when Ougi was about to be swallowed by the Darkness...
Aug 14, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2016
OMG this series was my favorite after monogatari 2nd season.

but, i regret everything what i've done in my life by reading ougi oshino's wiki.

but the feels in the end still hit me like crazy. the absolute best ending!

and the way senjougahara call koyomi, it's kinda cute eh wait...no it's so fucking cute.

perfect couple, perfect ending. ofc 10/10 series.

also, Mayoi-sama BANZAI!!!!
xd
Aug 14, 2017 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
AntwanMantilla said:
Then we finally see that Hachikuji is a god. She 'll be the best god in town because she's simply .

She will be the god of lolis.
Aug 14, 2017 1:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was bloody perfect! I wouldn't mind at all if they stopped adapting the novels and ended it here. We get so much closure for so many characters.

Almost a decade since I first saw this strange series with crazy art and non stop dialogue. What a ride it has been since then.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 14, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
Well, that was ONE way of saying goodbye to your adolescence.

That last scene with them graduating feels so satisfying. I've been waiting almost a decade for it! I still prefer Kiss Shot's older form, though; I will miss it ;_;7
Aug 14, 2017 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
ScarRufus said:
Great End 9/10

such a fun scene. Kiss Shot da bess <3
Aug 14, 2017 3:05 PM

Oct 2012
that was amazing, everything tied up nicely together 10/10
Aug 14, 2017 3:13 PM

Sep 2007
One moment that I liked that is missing from Ougi's confrontation:

“Oh, that’s right. Araragi-senpai. I have one more thing to say to you. It’s about your university entrance exam… You may be under the impression that you made a fairly good showing, but you know your best subject, math? From about halfway through that section, you were one line off on the answer sheet.”

“What?!”

“You must’ve been in a tizzy, what with everything going on—my condolences. After a disaster like that in your best subject, surely your prospects of passing are dismal. Try again next year,” Ougi-chan teases mean-spiritedly.

A prankster to the very end, that Ougi-chan. :)
vanetzAug 14, 2017 4:33 PM
Aug 14, 2017 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
Oh god that was soo satysfing. Shed no tears, but I loved every second of this.

As much as It pains me to see Shinobu revert to her loli form, im so happy that gets to stay with Araragi forevah.

Kreygasm
Aug 14, 2017 11:31 PM
Aug 2009
This empty feeling from seeing "7 episodes" way back and despite the length of the episodes feeling empty now that it's all over at "Episode 3". This might be the first time I'm lamenting the lack of filler in a series.
Aug 15, 2017 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
Boi, boi, boi, boi, boi, boi, boi, boi Now I finally know who Ougi really is. I loved this. I LOVED this. 100/10.

But bois, we still have zoku-owari, Off season and still Monster Season.

Do u guys think they'll adapt all of this?
HueBrDeusAug 15, 2017 12:44 AM
Aug 15, 2017 1:01 AM
Sep 2011
Wow I'm not surprised this episode is rated so incredibly highly. It's easily up there as best endings for an anime of all time IMO. Definitely the best for something this long. It's all so obvious in retrospect. Every character arc is solved by them accepting the oddity that represents their negative emotions and only koyomi was left after season 2. In that case what else could ougi have even been if not an oddity representing the negative sides to koyomi?

I feel like the ending here let me have my cake and eat it too. Not only was it a truly happy ending where everyone lost in season 1 and 2 is back, all of the characters have experienced real growth, all of them are on the right path forward it seems, meme shows back up (almost expected him to actually be an oddity after all this especially with how he appears in kizu conveniently), and we even get a reference to the fabled toothbrush scene, but also it all made perfect sense.

Normally I'm happy if an ending is either well put together OR happy cause I feel like if it's negative it needs strong justification but if it's happy I can just not really care why but in this shows case it's both. Season 2 for me was one I hated but still couldn't find any holes in it. I just didn't want to lose the characters I was so attached too. Having them all back and better than ever while giving closure to everything was almost too much to ask for.

Easily my most enjoyable episode of anime this year replacing the anitclimax with kaiki in karen bee that I saw just a couple days ago.

Also seems I totally misread that crying girl at the end. I thought it was Higasa hilariously misunderstanding why kanbaru had a bouquet for someone since secretly Higasa is love with kanbaru because please I need her yuri to actually amount to something dammit. I guess I just saw what I wanted to see.
(placeholder sig)
Aug 15, 2017 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
Man this is absolutely as fantastic and perfect an ending as it can get. I love it with how everything comes back in a full circle to Araragi and he won back himself(Ougi) with help from Hanekawa and Meme of course, that was so beautifully done!!

This series has given me so much entertainment throughout the years I've been following it, love all the characters to bits! Really am glad that Hachikuji got that promotion to a diety, I still remember getting all teary emotional with the parting episode lol.

On to Kizumonogatri next for me and hope we will see all the other side stories some day as well!
Aug 15, 2017 1:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I think this arc makes me wish there were no more spinoffs/side stories/epilogues and whatnot because this actually felt like a real ending. I don't know much about what else there is to come but I just hope they won't make the conclusiveness of this arc not feel as... well, conclusive

That aside, for Owari S2 itself, I think the first two arcs were pretty average but the last one was quite good. On average probably 6-7/10
Aug 15, 2017 4:16 AM

Nov 2014
It's fitting that in this show the great plan to defeat Ougi was to talk her to death.
Forum Signature
Aug 15, 2017 7:24 AM

Dec 2014
is it mentioned anywhere in the books about what oshino meme was doing in freakin antartica
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Aug 15, 2017 8:18 AM
Sep 2008
Trump_Card said:
is it mentioned anywhere in the books about what oshino meme was doing in freakin antartica

Ougi send him there, and she also send Kagenui to the North Pole.

First of all, Ougi set up a barrier around town so no specialist could go inside. Gaen barely made it slashing it with the Kokorowatari replica that she made.
Then, she somehow exiled those two to the opposite poles because no one would ever think to look for them there, as a specialist would have absolutely no business in a place with no oddities.
Hanekawa finally realised she had it backwards and went last minute to the South Pole on a 50/50 chance to find Oshino.
Aug 15, 2017 9:16 AM
Dec 2012
This was beautiful, loved every moment it. I feel content.

& Damn Araragi just added himself to his own harem lol.
Aug 15, 2017 10:57 AM

Dec 2014
Nyoro said:
Trump_Card said:

Ougi send him there, and she also send Kagenui to the North Pole.

First of all, Ougi set up a barrier around town so no specialist could go inside. Gaen barely made it slashing it with the Kokorowatari replica that she made.
Then, she somehow exiled those two to the opposite poles because no one would ever think to look for them there, as a specialist would have absolutely no business in a place with no oddities.
Hanekawa finally realised she had it backwards and went last minute to the South Pole on a 50/50 chance to find Oshino.

now it makes sense thx for taking ur time for explaining the anime didnt do good job reveal this aspect however this is still the best on par with monogatari second season in my opinion
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Aug 15, 2017 11:14 AM

Nov 2012
So why is this listed as 2 episodes now?
Aug 15, 2017 11:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
VanishingKira said:
Either 3 or 7 would've made sense. Not this however >.>
Aug 15, 2017 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
HaXXspetten said:
VanishingKira said:
Yeah, especially since they left 22 minutes per episode intact.
Aug 15, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
So guys it`s two Eps or more?
Aug 15, 2017 11:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sury said:
HaXXspetten said:
Yeeeeah about that

Well I made a mention of it in the db modification requests thread at least

LightxKnight said:
There are 3 episodes being ~40 mins, ~40 mins and ~1 hour long respectively. So 7 normal-length anime episodes' worth of time but put into 3 videos by Crunchyroll, Horriblesubs etcetera. Either way it's definitely not 2 eps so the current information is wrong
Aug 15, 2017 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Sury said:
Yeeeeah about that

Well I made a mention of it in the db modification requests thread at least

LightxKnight said:
There are 3 episodes being ~40 mins, ~40 mins and ~1 hour long

respectively. So 7 normal-length anime episodes' worth of time but put into 3 videos by Crunchyroll, Horriblesubs etcetera. Either way it's definitely not 2 eps so the current information is wrong

Aha I got it thx iwas confused tho it was two Episodes xD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

34 by Epiccgaymer »»
Apr 19, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

100 by Epiccgaymer »»
Apr 19, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

35 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

47 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

81 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.