Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 17, 2017 8:02 AM

Sep 2016
>Complaining about how Kakegurui is "Edgelord bullshit".
>Shingeki no Kyojin and Tokyo Ghoul in favourites.

Bruh.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Jul 17, 2017 8:08 AM

Feb 2010
I haven't seen it yet therefore I don't like it yet either, if that helps.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 17, 2017 8:10 AM

May 2016
Everytime I see a thread starting with "Am I the only one who...?" I want to kill someone. Seriously xD You fucking know you are not special and that there are other people who think like you, so stop asking stupid questions, for God's sake.
Jul 17, 2017 8:42 AM

Aug 2016
Nabelia said:
Littlereshi said:
What am I missing?

I dont know. May be answered by asking yourself, why you love Monogatari, Evangelion, Shingeki no Kyojin, and Zankyou no Terror? And why you dislike SAO?
Could be the answer is personal taste?

Personally, I've loved kakegurui since reading the synopsis and watching the PV. Because I already understand the story and plot after watch first episode, for me the anime is very interesting to watch.

How do i explain it. You know, because its a Compulsive Gambler-"Complusive!" with genre Game + Psychological "Psycho!" + Mystery + Drama. For the story connoisseur, I'm pretty sure only with that combination is already very interesting.

Morevore, the uniqueness of the storyline, the tidiness of the story, the element of surprise, the conflict, the way of telling the story, the consistency of quality, the existence of positive values ​​of life, and characterization. Kakegurui have all the elements that make me love a story.

Littlereshi said:
The main character guy is my main gripe with the show. His inclusion is completely unnecessary, taking him out from the story would change absolutely nothing.

I dont agree with that. Suzuki is a normal guy who is not crazy with gambling. Whereas jabami and other girl is the opposite. Of course with such characterization would make the story to be dynamic. Then just look at how the character develops with the story. If the character does not develop, it will make story unattractive.

Littlereshi said:
Right, well when I say cliched, I mean in the way the story is told. The gambling games are beyond predictable and not tense because of that.

Which parts do you consider clichés? Do you forget if there is an element in the story of uncovering cheating in gambling?

Well, as someone else mentioned, Kaji is also an anime that existed. My main problems with parts that I feel are cliched, are the school setting. A school setting by default isn't boring but the way this is excited feels like something I've seen ten times over. As I've mentioned before, the main character guy also feels like any main character guy with no personality ever. It's just got nothing new to offer inside it's rather cool premise.
Jul 17, 2017 8:42 AM

Aug 2016
Illyricus said:
We can close the thread now, the truth has been spoken.

Gosh bless this thread it's the best
Jul 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Aug 2016
Vlad4o said:
This thread shows that you're not the only one OP. Also retarded criticism like "it's cliche" or "it's edgy" has become so overused i can't take someone seriously anymore when using that as an excuse without explaining.

Did you read my reply to someone who had the same critism of my opinions as you? The one where I explained why I felt that way?
littlereshiJul 17, 2017 9:15 AM
Jul 17, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2017
Scarlett_ryuken said:

you are the one true lord , my lord and saviour op-sama
i wanted to past that lol to late i guess
Jul 17, 2017 8:47 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I still will never understand why people make these threads. Like, there's 7 billion+ people on earth. So no, you arent the only one.
Jul 17, 2017 8:51 AM

Apr 2015
If you want answers why people care about Kakegurui maybe different title would be more suitable ya know.

Oh well, it's shounen I don't expect it's anything ground breaking or masterpiece. But it's more entertaining from the usual seasonal shounen we get. It's silly and I like watching typical pretty anime high school girls making ugly faces and not being perfect little angels. OP female main character is a plus. One reason too for me is it's not moe, there's that one character but I can just ignore her.

Was planning to read manga first but it's licensed so I'm just gonna buy it some day when I have that extra money.
Jul 17, 2017 8:55 AM

Jan 2017
Littlereshi said:
Idk man, I just feel that's it's so cliched, up its own ass and just edgelord bullshit. But a fair amount of people are loving it. What am I missing?
yes kakegurui is edjelord bullshit but aot and neon genises evangelion are not lol(evangilion is good ,aot is meh just pointing that out)
and yes kakegurui is full of clishe but love life which characters are 80% clishe is not (i love live tho )
AkerakaaaaiJul 17, 2017 9:01 AM
Jul 17, 2017 8:56 AM

Sep 2016
kikyo1hinamora said:
Littlereshi said:
Idk man, I just feel that's it's so cliched, up its own ass and just edgelord bullshit. But a fair amount of people are loving it. What am I missing?
yes kakegurui is edjelord bullshit but aot and neon genises evangelion are not lol
and yes kakegurui is full of clishe but love life which characters are 80% clishe is not
wtf man rabu raibu sanshain is great
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 17, 2017 9:11 AM

Aug 2016
kikyo1hinamora said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

you are the one true lord , my lord and saviour op-sama
i wanted to past that lol to late i guess

NEVER TOO LATE FOR GOOD MEMES FRIEND
Jul 17, 2017 9:14 AM

Aug 2016
Kotoneko-chan said:
Everytime I see a thread starting with "Am I the only one who...?" I want to kill someone. Seriously xD You fucking know you are not special and that there are other people who think like you, so stop asking stupid questions, for God's sake.

I was using hyperbole, I didn't mean it literally, I didn't think it would come across like that. Like, yeah, of course I'm not the only one.
Jul 17, 2017 9:16 AM
Dec 2015
I just think its a lot of fun. The characters are so overly edgy that it's kind of hilarious, the games are intense and suspenseful, the facial expressions are glorious, and the show just doesn't take itself too seriously and manages to suck me in with how gloriously stupid, fun, and oddly sexual it is.
Jul 17, 2017 9:24 AM

Aug 2016
GamerUnglued said:
I just think its a lot of fun. The characters are so overly edgy that it's kind of hilarious, the games are intense and suspenseful, the facial expressions are glorious, and the show just doesn't take itself too seriously and manages to suck me in with how gloriously stupid, fun, and oddly sexual it is.

I've heard that a lot, those things are what bother me the most (except the expressions they're great). It seems that people can just enjoy these things that are game-breaking for others.
Jul 17, 2017 9:26 AM

Aug 2016
Aquamirror said:
And who the fuck are you OP?
You can read the anime threads and see for yourself why people like it. whoah

Littlereshi said:
Idk man, I just feel that's it's so cliched, up its own ass and just edgelord bullshit.

> rated FLCL with 9

Yes, because I found FLCL to be a great anime, with actual hilarious moments, likeable characters and an engaging plot. Unlike Kakegurui.
Jul 17, 2017 9:28 AM

Aug 2016
Noesnecesario said:
>Complaining about how Kakegurui is "Edgelord bullshit".
>Shingeki no Kyojin and Tokyo Ghoul in favourites.

Bruh.

Yeah, those two series are edgelordy. But they have unique aspects where I feel Kakegurui is a show that is parading that it's unqiue, but it just isn't.
Jul 17, 2017 9:36 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Yes. You are the only one. Out of everyone who has at least seen it, you are the only one I have seen to say you dislike it. Congratulations. Stop watching it. Save yourself. You are the black sheep of the flock, just like I am literally the only one who openly dislikes Fullmetal Alchemist.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Jul 17, 2017 9:36 AM

Feb 2016
Littlereshi said:
Aquamirror said:
And who the fuck are you OP?
You can read the anime threads and see for yourself why people like it. whoah

> rated FLCL with 9

Yes, because I found FLCL to be a great anime, with actual hilarious moments, likeable characters and an engaging plot. Unlike Kakegurui.

But I thought you hated Kagegurui because it was edgelord bullshit? liar
Jul 17, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2016
Aquamirror said:
Littlereshi said:

YES, I hate Kakegurui because of that reason. I made a reply thread to someone explaining exactly why.
Jul 17, 2017 9:43 AM

Feb 2016
Littlereshi said:
Aquamirror said:

YES, I hate Kakegurui because of that reason. I made a reply thread to someone explaining exactly why.

But FLCL is undeniably edgelord bullshit as well, you aren't making sense.
The only reason you think Kagegurui tries to be anything is because you think it tries to be that specific thing. It's just what it is and people like it, ok?
Jul 17, 2017 9:45 AM

Aug 2016
Aquamirror said:
Littlereshi said:

FLCL does interesting things with it's premise. I don't personally think its edgelordy, but let's say for arguement's sake it is. EVEN SO, FLCL is simply better constructed than Kakegurui.
Jul 17, 2017 10:04 AM

Feb 2016
Littlereshi said:
Aquamirror said:

FLCL does interesting things with it's premise. I don't personally think its edgelordy, but let's say for arguement's sake it is. EVEN SO, FLCL is simply better constructed than Kakegurui.

Then why didn't you say it isn't well constructed but used "edgelordy" instead?
Jul 17, 2017 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
holy crap the ammount of salt in this thread is unbelievable. beehive mentality amiright? if you hate an anime everyone likes don't express it on this page, it's full of sheep.
as for your question, it gives me the no game no life vibe but with main character's edginess turned up to the max. it has a ton of plot holes and oh surprise surprise! every single one of the enemies belong in a mental health ward as well. it is very generic, but this kind of "crazy people doing badass things in a deadly game" anime is what the mainstream likes and can talk about with their normie friends without being judged. don't get me wrong I enjoy it, but it's not the anime I like the most. I'm not rating this anime a 10/10 but I'm still gonna watch it. I rate all my anime out of enjoyment alone so this is about a 7, or maybe 6
Jul 17, 2017 10:06 AM

Aug 2016
No. I'm sure there are other people with bad taste as well.
Jul 17, 2017 10:09 AM

May 2016
Randomly read the thread.

How the fuck is FLCL edgy?

Did someone change Merriam Webster while I wasn't looking?

Can people come up with criticisms that don't just default to crutch words that aren't universally applicable to every show they dislike?

Oh wait, this is MAL, so the answer is no.
Jul 17, 2017 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
The excitement it gives off during each gamble makes it pretty fun to watch
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 17, 2017 10:18 AM
Dec 2015
Littlereshi said:
GamerUnglued said:

I've heard that a lot, those things are what bother me the most (except the expressions they're great). It seems that people can just enjoy these things that are game-breaking for others.
Of course, and that's understandable. It's why anime is so subjective. I feel very much the same way about Jojo, where the over-the-top "fun" characters and meme-like plot that everyone loves ended up annoying me personally. A strength for one person could be a weakness for another.
Jul 17, 2017 10:19 AM

Aug 2016
GamerUnglued said:
Littlereshi said:

Of course, and that's understandable. It's why anime is so subjective. I kind feel very much the same way about Jojo, where the over-the-top "fun" characters and meme-like plot that everyone loves ended up annoying me personally.

It seems that it's a fine line to ride.
Jul 17, 2017 10:29 AM

Feb 2016
OP, everytime you start a thread with "am i the only one" people will bash on you ;P

People just exaggerate, both fans and haters. Last year it was just like that with Erased and Re:Zero.
Jul 17, 2017 10:31 AM

Feb 2016
Yudina said:

Can people come up with criticisms that don't just default to crutch words that aren't universally applicable to every show they dislike?

Alright, how the fuck is FLCL not edgy?
Jul 17, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2015
Aquamirror said:
Yudina said:

The burden of proof is on you, how is FLCL edgy?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2017 11:18 AM

Dec 2015
Littlereshi said:

I might check Kaiji out! It seems pretty cool.

Read this if you don't like to go in blind (though you could with no problem).
Jul 17, 2017 11:33 AM

May 2015
I think it needs more zawa. So far it's okay.

No need for salt, hate threads are a nice balance for hype threads.
Jul 17, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
EcchiLordMamster said:
Littlereshi said:

if you don't like it you don't like it.. why make a thread? are you hoping someone is going to tell YOU, why YOU don't like it?

i like it because its hot ass girls being badass, and the animation is amazing, is that not enough?

Well you said everything I want to say...

Addition: As someone else said at least make an explanation about why you didn't like it. What is the point of this topic anyways?

"Hello people I don't like X. Thanks. Oh btw am I the only one?"

Jul 17, 2017 12:09 PM

Nov 2015
Am I the only one who doesn't like this thread?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 17, 2017 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
Aquamirror said:
Yudina said:

Edgy is usually used to describe something that pretends to be mature with gore/sexuality. I havnt seen flcl but I've heard it aparently has themes and stuff
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2017 12:56 PM

Jul 2015
I watch it for the visuals, and because it airs a few hours before Touken Ranbu. It's underwhelming, but not exactly the worst shit I've seen this season either. The ED is nice too.
Jul 17, 2017 12:58 PM
Aug 2011
I have it as an 8/10 since I'm very much enjoying it. Might drop it to a 7 but the style and the gambling so far with the punishment stuff is very enticing to me. I think it is very well done for this kind of show.

I would understand it not having huge broad appeal. Also this i the kind of fan-service I like, where the main character is clearly all for it rather than bullshit opps landing on her boobs or something dumb like that.
Jul 17, 2017 1:06 PM

Feb 2016
Edgy is word reserved only for bad anime. FLCL has themes and stuff so it can't be bad, therefore can't be edgy. I understand now.
Jul 17, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
I checked out the first episode of the anime adaptation and was honestly kind of disappointed by it. I wanted it to be flashier and crazier than it turned out to be.

The manga on the other hand, I find difficult to put down. Outside of the ridiculously high-stakes gambling showdowns, the writing isn't too clever or surprising (even the matches can be predictable at times, actually).

Despite this, I find myself returning to the manga every time it updates. It's something about the absurd expressions and overall art style that's so enticing, but unfortunately that's where the show falls flat for me.

I'm really hoping it'll improve in later episodes.

Jul 17, 2017 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
Why does everyone always think they are unique or special?

Jul 17, 2017 4:32 PM

May 2015
This is MAL. Al lot of users like to hate just because something is popular. You're obviously not going to be the only person that dislikes it, whether their distaste is genuine or not.

Jul 17, 2017 4:43 PM

Jun 2016
I put it on my Plan To Watch because Gigguk said so
Jul 17, 2017 4:50 PM
Nov 2013
It's not bad, its fun to watch Yumeko's reactions and see how she outsmarts the other person she gambles against. It would be amazing if the games were as well thought out as the rock paper scissors game in the first episode, the next two games aren't as exciting. I'm curious to see how creative they can get.

It doesn't have as much fan service as I hoped for either, but it's still entertaining.
Jul 17, 2017 6:53 PM

Mar 2008
yeah, op you're not the only ONE haha~~

Jul 17, 2017 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
But after listen to and watching the OP again: the opening is classy af!
Jul 17, 2017 7:03 PM
Nov 2015
oh please, compared to the rest of summer 2017, it's great.
as a series in general, i find it entertaining and the girls are hot so i enjoy it. think of it as like klk, you're not supposed to take it seriously.
Jul 17, 2017 10:54 PM

Mar 2014
Can't believe people are only suggesting kaiji/akagi and also not proposing liar game.
Jul 17, 2017 11:34 PM

Nov 2016
To be honest I don't even have to ask if I'm the only one who doesn't like One Punch Man and Erased because I know I'm not.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

466 by deepole »»
Sep 24, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

218 by Julyking59 »»
Aug 20, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

122 by Artromex »»
Aug 7, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

186 by Artromex »»
Jul 14, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2017

232 by Artromex »»
Jul 13, 6:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.