Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 12, 2017 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
LordoftheHorizon said:
Try to remember this is a different studio, it's the safe way out. They want to guarantee sales.
No they are just following the source material they are adapting.
Jul 12, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2012
You want to know what fanservice looks like on this franchise? Watch FATE KALEID
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 12, 2017 10:36 AM

Mar 2008
The king Arthur was pictured as a blonde and sexy girl. Finding problems with their representations at this point is too late.
AriaJul 12, 2017 11:38 AM
Jul 12, 2017 10:37 AM

Sep 2015
Janethan23 said:
You want to know what fanservice looks like on this franchise? Watch FATE KALEID

kaleid has no fanservice. everything they do is important for the story. for example they kiss to exchange mana

Jul 12, 2017 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
Nigami_Shin said:
Janethan23 said:

kaleid has no fanservice. everything they do is important for the story. for example they kiss to exchange mana

I really hope you're kidding....
If not then you've been completely conditioned to accept something obviously facilitated for certain people's interest that wouldn't be accepted under normal circumstances anywhere else.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 12, 2017 2:01 PM

Nov 2013
Real talk tho, when Kaleid is not being loli yuri fanservice then it's being either a) awesome comedy or b) awesome action.

Sadly tho the anime adds filler fanservice because why not, and people are less likely to read the manga so it comes down to how much you can tolerate the anime :bloblul:
Jul 12, 2017 11:03 PM

Mar 2009
There's like, one little girl so far?
Jul 13, 2017 2:17 AM
Apr 2016
Define little. The characters I consider "little", as in improper to have there both out of common sense and because they are twisted versions of world's culture, so far are the Frankenstein stain, that absolutely regurgitation Charlemagne's kid and that "Jack the Ripper" is a metaphorical spit in the face of decent "fiction", probably the worst metaphorical spit in the history of metaphorical spits. And it is saying something.
If they are going to introduce even more "on the clock" characters, or characters bent to their filthy, insane fantasies characters that were never imagined like that by anyone but those deranged Japs, I will rage all the same.
The only way I am going to accept this is when it is a known cultural character which is depicted in almost exactly the same way it is written into world's history or culture (can't think of any sick strong and famous 16 years old kid that got written into the annales).
Re:formed
Jul 13, 2017 4:11 AM
May 2017
Extreme3708 said:
Eru said:

I don't think lolis look like that.

Also Astolfo is a boy :^)

The point is that according to Arthurian Legends Mordred was an epic knight who fought Arthur not a little girl. And even though she is not technically a loli, there is still fanservice with her. Amd Astolfo being a boy makes it even worse, not only is a loli but a fuckin TRAP that looks like a loli

Wow, Mordred has been confirmed as female when the first animation was released which was Fate/Stay Night. You're new to the Fate Franchise are you? You only started watching the anime because of UFOTable didn't cha? You absolutely have no idea of the Fate Franchise is knowing only two of it. I suggest you first read and play the whole franchise before you start bitching about something.

Lastly, are you that stupid to not know the exact definition of what a loli is?
Jul 13, 2017 4:23 AM

May 2014
ugggggh

I hate filthy secondaries
Jul 13, 2017 4:39 AM
Jul 2017
Extreme3708 said:
This shit is fucking up my enjoyment of the show. I've watched Fate Zero and UBW and I know for damn sure this is simply an adaptation, but Why can't anime take itself seriously for once!!! The premise of two faction fighting each other using 7 servants on each side sounds epic as fuck! But why do they have to mess it up with boob/ass shots in each frame??? I seriously hate fanservice.....And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.

I hope you knew that Fate were actually an eroge game no?
Jul 13, 2017 6:08 AM

Aug 2014
Nigami_Shin said:
Janethan23 said:

>t.fai
Daniel_Naumov said:

Can't help it if the paying customer is a degenerative Japanese deviant, and then there is a bunch of them, and they decided to RUIN MORE OR LESS COHERENT UNIVERSE WITH THIS! (A "spin-off" that has now forever tainted that already retardieu "Fate/" franchise)

Exactly! Blaming a studio animating someone's insane, morally impaired "ideas" is not exactly just. Blame the old Japs living in their dirty twisted dreams.

jesus dude
not to disagree it's NEET-baitish but your posts make you seem like you tip fedoras
that's also casually racist
InsertanamehereJul 13, 2017 9:00 AM
Jul 13, 2017 6:26 AM
Jul 2017
Zefyris said:

And I'm more disappointed that Chiron isn't in a centaure appearance than the "girls instead of men" problem.

Uh, you really want the enemies to instantly figure him out? Like, there's no other notable centaur with mad combat skills.

Everyone would instantly fill every projectile with Hydra poison
Jul 13, 2017 6:56 AM

May 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
nina4life said:

Like I said about Waver, he was outclassed heavily by other masters, yet I loved him as character. Why? Because he knew he got involved into something far out of his league. And he acted accordingly. He was great character, had great development arc and learned lessons from war which helped him become what he became later on.
He was changed by war, learned about self-respect, duty, honor, courage etc.

On the other hand, what's the first thing Charlamange paladin does? Jump around like a joyous kid. What's one of the first things Frankensteins monster does? Speak in kawaii-voice.

It's not kids per se that annoy me, but how they're portraited. Don't even let me get started on Mordred. Every cliche from the book, every last one of them.

If anime features small kids being overly annoying, usualy I'll just drop it and move on. The only reason I'm still sticking with this one is because it's FATE.

The only reason I will keep watching this disfigured, impure twist of cultural and moral values by some old, borderline insane Japs, is Shakespeare and Spartacus,

Why do you keep going on about "Impure twist of cultural and moral values?" You do realise that different parts of the world have different morals and values? From what you have said so far, you seem to be an American SJW. Now, your morals are already extremely different to where you live. What makes you think that your morals/values actually matter to a Japanese anime studio? They don’t. Japan has some extremely different morals and values when compared to countries like England, America, Australia, etc. Your morals mean fuck all to them. Don’t try to use "Morals/Values" as an excuse to bash an anime because YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE. The target audience isn’t SJW Americans, because if it was, it would be the worst anime in existence. The target audience is Japanese people.

Now, onto what you and others have been saying about how “These characters are not how they should be.” Firstly, it is anime, who gives a shit. Secondly, Fate/Apocrypha came out in 2012 as a LN and all of the characters were exactly the same. This anime is only an adaption and if you really wanted to complain about the designs of characters (which wouldn’t have made an impact on the writers anyways) then you should have complained 5 years ago.

Now, everyone seems to be calling Mordred, Frankenstein and Astolfo lolis. You westerners should really fix your incorrect definition of what a loli is. A loli is not just a girl who is short and has small/non-existent breasts. If that were the case, characters like Artoria would be classed as a loli. A loli is a female who looks childish. Now, Mordred and Frankenstein do not look childish at all. If you think so, then you must think anyone who looks like they could be under the age of 21 is a child. Loli doesn’t even apply to Astolfo as Astolfo is male. Yes, he may be a trap, but he is not the only one in the fate franchise (D’eon).

Yes, Jack may be a loli, but there is a reason to it. They didn’t just make Jack a loli because they could, there is reasoning behind it.

And as someone said before, this isnt the only representation of Jack the Ripper. There is a berserker form as well which appears in Fate/Strange Fake. But since you seem to think you know everything, you should already know that.

If you really dont like this, dont complain. It wont get you anywhere. It will only cause a disruption in a decent community (unless that is your intent). Just stop watching and leave.
Jul 13, 2017 10:53 AM

Apr 2012
What I find really disturbing about this theme the Fate franchise has been doing is gender swapping historical figures.
Don't get me wrong it's kinda fresh and intrigues me almost every time but what I'm trying to point out is women throughout history have had their own heroes & villains and passing on them infavor of men who have made their mark are put into the spotlight even though they're drawn as girls. It's actually a disservice to women when they're set aside like this.

Jul 13, 2017 1:51 PM

Aug 2016
I think we just need to apply the Dragon Ball GT method here. Just erase the show from your mind and pretend it doesn't exist. Do not let it tarnish the great previous entries and sully the franchise.
Jul 13, 2017 2:19 PM
Apr 2016
Aaeeschylus said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

The only reason I will keep watching this disfigured, impure twist of cultural and moral values by some old, borderline insane Japs, is Shakespeare and Spartacus,

Why do you keep going on about "Impure twist of cultural and moral values?" You do realise that different parts of the world have different morals and values? From what you have said so far, you seem to be an American SJW. Now, your morals are already extremely different to where you live. What makes you think that your morals/values actually matter to a Japanese anime studio? They don’t. Japan has some extremely different morals and values when compared to countries like England, America, Australia, etc. Your morals mean fuck all to them. Don’t try to use "Morals/Values" as an excuse to bash an anime because YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE. The target audience isn’t SJW Americans, because if it was, it would be the worst anime in existence. The target audience is Japanese people.

Now, onto what you and others have been saying about how “These characters are not how they should be.” Firstly, it is anime, who gives a shit. Secondly, Fate/Apocrypha came out in 2012 as a LN and all of the characters were exactly the same. This anime is only an adaption and if you really wanted to complain about the designs of characters (which wouldn’t have made an impact on the writers anyways) then you should have complained 5 years ago.

Now, everyone seems to be calling Mordred, Frankenstein and Astolfo lolis. You westerners should really fix your incorrect definition of what a loli is. A loli is not just a girl who is short and has small/non-existent breasts. If that were the case, characters like Artoria would be classed as a loli. A loli is a female who looks childish. Now, Mordred and Frankenstein do not look childish at all. If you think so, then you must think anyone who looks like they could be under the age of 21 is a child. Loli doesn’t even apply to Astolfo as Astolfo is male. Yes, he may be a trap, but he is not the only one in the fate franchise (D’eon).

Yes, Jack may be a loli, but there is a reason to it. They didn’t just make Jack a loli because they could, there is reasoning behind it.

And as someone said before, this isnt the only representation of Jack the Ripper. There is a berserker form as well which appears in Fate/Strange Fake. But since you seem to think you know everything, you should already know that.

If you really dont like this, dont complain. It wont get you anywhere. It will only cause a disruption in a decent community (unless that is your intent). Just stop watching and leave.

K.
Not K. really, but K.
Jul 13, 2017 2:23 PM
Apr 2016
Also, please, #Jappower, stop calling everyone raging about mental degradation a "westerner". Where do you even draw a line around the world for this stupideu terminology? Anything beyond the Japland?
I am not trying to make you look better by calling you something you are not, like a "first world citizen", right? Do not call me wrong names as well. Appreciate it.
Jul 13, 2017 5:56 PM

Nov 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
Also, please, #Jappower, stop calling everyone raging about mental degradation a "westerner". Where do you even draw a line around the world for this stupideu terminology? Anything beyond the Japland?
I am not trying to make you look better by calling you something you are not, like a "first world citizen", right? Do not call me wrong names as well. Appreciate it.

I understand your complaints comrade Naumov but honestly, I wouldn't mind if in the next Fate, we get to see Rasputin turned into a 12 years old loli with big titties like this:

She would be the perfect mascot for the series but also a new source of pride for mother Russia.
Jul 13, 2017 7:16 PM

Mar 2016
Kolios said:
Extreme3708 said:
This shit is fucking up my enjoyment of the show. I've watched Fate Zero and UBW and I know for damn sure this is simply an adaptation, but Why can't anime take itself seriously for once!!! The premise of two faction fighting each other using 7 servants on each side sounds epic as fuck! But why do they have to mess it up with boob/ass shots in each frame??? I seriously hate fanservice.....And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.

Astolfo is not a girl. It's a boy. Jack the Ripper identity is unknown in history. Albeit it makes more sense for the person to be a male considering the victims were prostitutes. Mordred is female because Arthur (or Arthuria) is female in Fate/Stay Night.

Frankestein gender is not relevant, it's a zombie. The genderbending in the show so far isn't bad. It's worse with other Fate characters like

Frankenstein was the man who reanimated a corpse. The corpse that Frankenstein reanimated had no name and was usually just called the creature.
Sigh.
Jul 13, 2017 8:12 PM

May 2014
ReddayeSocks said:
Kolios said:

Astolfo is not a girl. It's a boy. Jack the Ripper identity is unknown in history. Albeit it makes more sense for the person to be a male considering the victims were prostitutes. Mordred is female because Arthur (or Arthuria) is female in Fate/Stay Night.

Frankestein gender is not relevant, it's a zombie. The genderbending in the show so far isn't bad. It's worse with other Fate characters like

Frankenstein was the man who reanimated a corpse. The corpse that Frankenstein reanimated had no name and was usually just called the creature.

The Frankenstein in fate is Frankensteins monster, not Frankenstein himself. She is just called Frankenstein, probably for the same reason everyone who doesnt know much calls the monster Frankenstein or just to make it easier
Jul 13, 2017 8:40 PM

Mar 2016
Aaeeschylus said:
ReddayeSocks said:

The Frankenstein in fate is Frankensteins monster, not Frankenstein himself. She is just called Frankenstein, probably for the same reason everyone who doesnt know much calls the monster Frankenstein or just to make it easier

Yeah I know, just wanted to clear up a common misconception about Frankenstein.
Sigh.
Jul 16, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2010
I agree with OP, but don't care overall because after three episodes it is clear that Fate/Apocrypha is a below average anime. How it is 8/10 currently, I have no friggin idea. Even the animation is shit.

Also while it is probably following the source material, it is certainly weird to see nasty fetishes around characters of Arthur, Mordred, Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper and Astolfo. Before some moron says Astolfo is a boy in the anime, I know, but why the fuck was he designed to look like a girl except for pandering?
Jul 16, 2017 10:09 PM
Apr 2016
jonnyhan said:
I agree with OP, but don't care overall because after three episodes it is clear that Fate/Apocrypha is a below average anime. How it is 8/10 currently, I have no friggin idea. Even the animation is shit.

Also while it is probably following the source material, it is certainly weird to see nasty fetishes around characters of Arthur, Mordred, Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper and Astolfo. Before some moron says Astolfo is a boy in the anime, I know, but why the fuck was he designed to look like a girl except for pandering?

"B-because!.." - Anyone desperately trying to justify this disgusting depiction.
Jul 16, 2017 11:31 PM
Mar 2013
Kotou said:
nina4life said:

OK. let me correct what he said:

Why are almost all of the heroes in this war either little girls, little boys or 12 year old kids? Few exceptions.

I'm completely on the side of OP here, it's fucking annoying.
I guess Charlamange used little boy/girl as his paladin, Frankenstein created loli with giant hammer etc.
It's obvious fanservice and pandering to the masses.

I, for one, fucking hate it. And I'm one of those who call themselves Fate fans.

Astolfo was regarded in history as being a pretty boy/the most handsome you do realize that correct? Again, had you even tried to indulge into some learning, you'd probably been able to learn that.

Frank doesn't even look like a little girl. The only one who looks like a little girl is Jack and she still stays true to her original iteration in history.

I'll say it a final time: Had you taken the time to even try to learn about anything, you'd realize that there's legitimately only one girl. I do not care about whatever morality issues you have or how conflicted/pissed you are about this, but don't try to lie to justify your reasoning.

If you're going to slander a series because you simply do not like how they have young cast members for a show targeting a teen~young adult audience it honestly shocks me you're even watching anime in general.

Quick Edit:(Doing this because I want you to know it's edited) If you don't like it in the end, stop watching. Plain and simple. You moan and complain yet you continue to watch. If the showing having young-teen offend you that much, by all means, next time you launch whatever site you watch anime on go ahead and click the "X" in the top right and move on.

The fuck Jack doesn't stay true to "her" original iteration. Strange/fake is more accurate because the true identity was never revealed therefore he was summoned as a wraith. Apocrypha Jack backstory is just some dumb bullshit excuse to make her a fucking stripper loli (later in the series) to cater to the people who should be in prison/should not be near little kids.

SwiftKillaJul 16, 2017 11:36 PM
Jul 17, 2017 1:36 AM
Mar 2013
Kotou said:
SwiftKilla said:

The fuck Jack doesn't stay true to "her" original iteration. Strange/fake is more accurate because the true identity was never revealed therefore he was summoned as a wraith. Apocrypha Jack backstory is just some dumb bullshit excuse to make her a fucking stripper loli (later in the series) to cater to the people who should be in prison/should not be near little kids.

Why the fuck is this thread still up.

Also, Jack does stays true in some way to her original iteration. Jack murderered female prositutes. This Jack murders guys.

Again, I do not care about any form of morality bullshit you have to say regarding lolis. But after you quoting me, wasting my time even typing this. I know you're another sperglord who gets personally offended by lolis and the like. I'll tell you what majority of people on the internet will tell you:

No
One
Cares

If you're offended by the fact she's a loli and or you morality is being tarnished. Just stop fucking watching. Get over it. No one cares dude

Plain and simple. Don't quote me again

So apparently I can't post shit about a character without being "offended". Seriously you can't hate or talk shit on anything in this world without being branded as "offended". If anything, I'm laughing my fucking ass off over how they turned an unidentified serial killer who terrorized london to a stripper loli, and her design makes the joke even better. But no, don't go bringing morals to the table when its merely just disappointment by fans who were expecting a crazy ass looking mfer and not a loli wearing fuck all.

Jul 17, 2017 2:19 AM

May 2010
I think someone needs to tell what OP what a Loli is....

oh, god forbid there's like 1 Loli in the show~ who gives a shit, they don't need to make every character a mature beauty with DD breasts or a dude with an 8 pack :v
TrueUchihaJul 17, 2017 2:27 AM
Jul 17, 2017 2:52 AM
Apr 2016
SwiftKilla said:
Kotou said:

Why the fuck is this thread still up.

Also, Jack does stays true in some way to her original iteration. Jack murderered female prositutes. This Jack murders guys.

Again, I do not care about any form of morality bullshit you have to say regarding lolis. But after you quoting me, wasting my time even typing this. I know you're another sperglord who gets personally offended by lolis and the like. I'll tell you what majority of people on the internet will tell you:

No
One
Cares

If you're offended by the fact she's a loli and or you morality is being tarnished. Just stop fucking watching. Get over it. No one cares dude

Plain and simple. Don't quote me again

So apparently I can't post shit about a character without being "offended". Seriously you can't hate or talk shit on anything in this world without being branded as "offended". If anything, I'm laughing my fucking ass off over how they turned an unidentified serial killer who terrorized london to a stripper loli, and her design makes the joke even better. But no, don't go bringing morals to the table when its merely just disappointment by fans who were expecting a crazy ass looking mfer and not a loli wearing fuck all.

Oh, I DO bring morals in here. To be more precise, their impurity and outright ABSENCE in those people behind such character "designs". But hey, welcome to 21th Japanese Entertainment. Not all are twisted into this insane way, but those that are turn me into a weapon-grade heater.
ArdanazJul 23, 2017 9:57 AM
Jul 17, 2017 3:28 AM
Sep 2016
I honestly don't give a shit if they're girls or guys. As long as they're interesting, I'm fine with whatever genders, or even race to a certain extent, these characters are.
Jul 17, 2017 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
cantius said:
kaimax said:

Secondaries are always the cancer of fandoms.

What in the world is a secondary? lol......

Secondaries, in fandom definitions are "People who came into a franchise/series and became a fan of it through a newer iteration or medium"

Example in Fate Fandom, Person A claims he like the Fate/series, but actually he only likes Fate/Zero and only cares about it if it's like Fate/Zero.

There's no "real" or urban definition for it though.
I first noticed the usage of this from Touhou fans.
In the Touhou fandom
Primary fans, are those who actually likes to play the source material, the Bullet Hell Games.
Secondary fans, only likes the Memes, fanfics and other derivative works and avoid the original games.

After that, usage of the word in fandoms that I found usually refers to "Fans who became fans not through the source material", whether they're trash or not depends on their attitude. Worst ones will advise new people to not read/watch any other spin-offs.

In case of Jack the Ripper, her design already existed 5 Years ago, when Fate/Apocrypha was planned to be an Online game, before it was scrapped and remade into Fate/Grand Order. People complaining about it now are the Secondaries.
kaimaxJul 17, 2017 3:01 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 17, 2017 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
Because it's targeting an audience whose main interest is little ass girls
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 19, 2017 6:32 AM

May 2010
Comic_Sans said:
Because it's targeting an audience whose main interest is little ass girls

yeah, so having 1 loli character in your show makes your target audience lolicons... shit logic right there

considering 14/15 of the servants in aprocrypha are either dudes or normal sized women, I have a feeling that isn't true ? (mordred isn't a loli)

I see up there some person (idiot) said that fran is a loli....dude she's like 5'8", only thing is she has "small boobs"

TrueUchihaJul 19, 2017 6:44 AM
Jul 19, 2017 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
@TrueUchiha Yes, since lolicons are the only people who actually like lolis.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 19, 2017 10:04 AM

May 2010
Comic_Sans said:
@TrueUchiha Yes, since lolicons are the only people who actually like lolis.

.......you gotta be trolling me, 15 servants, 9 are dudes, 5 are girls that are fully grown and only 1 is a loli, and that makes the show's primary demographic lolicons?

are you retarded? this show isn't eromanga, the primary demographic is people who like action scenes and pointless dialogue, not lolicons. now, if you were talking about the illya spinoff, then you'd have a point, but this isn't that, so just no.
Jul 19, 2017 10:17 AM

Mar 2014
TrueUchiha said:
.......you gotta be trolling me, 15 servants, 9 are dudes, 5 are girls that are fully grown and only 1 is a loli, and that makes the show's primary demographic lolicons?

are you retarded? this show isn't eromanga, the primary demographic is people who like action scenes and pointless dialogue, not lolicons. now, if you were talking about the illya spinoff, then you'd have a point, but this isn't that, so just no.
Are you retarded? You asked if featuring one loli in a show makes your target audience lolicons, not if it makes it your primary target audience. The loli was obviously not created to appeal to people who aren't lolicons.
Nico- said:
Jul 19, 2017 8:55 PM
Apr 2016
Excuse me, 5 are fully grown "girls"? Fully grown girl is a WOMAN, and the only woman I have seen was that stupid alchemist female that bailed out of the game with the rest of team Red. Frankenstein is under 18 (just like half the masters on black side), Jack the Ripper is a mistake, the Greek girl is a "god" so I might skip on that. Mordred is a 15-16 old girl, but this is fine with me since she has JUST SOME BASIS IN THE HISTORY and being an illegitimate child of the king she is mentally unstable. Accepted. The Simmerlyios elf warlock serving the priest IS THE ONLY ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ON THE SERVANT SIDE.
The whole set of characters made out of morally questionable adolescents and brain damaged girls... well, the aim is obvious - at deviants. The Japs, the average ones, were always aiming at the worst, the deviants. And this? Merely an average. Mediocre. Enjoy it. Or not.
Jul 19, 2017 9:08 PM

Apr 2015
This whole thread is the reason why I hate fans.

>All servants little ass girls
Clearly someone who doesn't even know the franchise.
>Fanservice
Ehh, are you talking about fanservice in fate, like... the franchise that got popular by their erogue visual novels?
>Doesn't follow historical facts
Hahaha a gender bend bothers you? What's the ACTUAL important difference about characters like King Arthur being a girl or a boy? They do a great work adapting the myth even with Artoria being a girl. Also Astolfo is not a girl, it has a girlish look by actual historical facts about him. Jack the ripper gender was never confirmed neither his/her age.
The design? YES it's ridiculous but again, if the character is well written the aesthetic doesn't have any negative point in objetive critics.

Most complains look like it's by people who: 1. Don't follow the franchise. 2. Follow it because edgy F/Zero and expected this to be as edgy and "mature". 3. why are you even complaining about irrelevant stuff?

The only ONLY thing I complain is that the creepy ass scenes with astolfo and his master and the mediocre fight animation considering the level of A-1, but that's just a personal complaint.

The worst part is people complaining with the studio about "changes" which has nothing to do with the source material.

Before you start making stupid threads go and read about the material.
Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

Apr 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
Excuse me, 5 are fully grown "girls"? Fully grown girl is a WOMAN, and the only woman I have seen was that stupid alchemist female that bailed out of the game with the rest of team Red. Frankenstein is under 18 (just like half the masters on black side), Jack the Ripper is a mistake, the Greek girl is a "god" so I might skip on that. Mordred is a 15-16 old girl, but this is fine with me since she has JUST SOME BASIS IN THE HISTORY and being an illegitimate child of the king she is mentally unstable. Accepted. The Simmerlyios elf warlock serving the priest IS THE ONLY ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ON THE SERVANT SIDE.
Or not.

I don't even know why you're complaining about age. Age is totally irrelevant for the plot itself. Frankestein age is not even relevant or needed to work, it was an EXPERIMENT with LOTS of human body parts. Astolfo was portrait as young ( he's not a girl tho ), Fiore ( the one in wheelchair ) is 19 years old, Celenike is 26 so idk wth are you talking about. Reika ( the one with Jack ) is also 23. The only ones looking under aged are Jack the ripper and Mordred ( She looks like 16-18 ), and again age is relevant on servants because ?????. Oh and clearly you know sh*t about why Jack the ripper has that image. But then again I bet you complain about this because there's not enough tiddies bouncing. Because obviously adds quality to the plot.
Jul 19, 2017 10:35 PM
Sep 2016
This is just a pointless spin off series anyway, right? I only really care about stories that pertain to Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay. I'm tired of these one-offs, seriously. Why are they doing this to the fan base to begin with? The visual novel came out years and years ago at this point and they STILL have yet to tell the full story within anime.

Instead, we get weird spin-offs like the one based on the mobile game that came out (Grand something, its on Crunchy and it was hella stupid), and those loli spin offs, Kaleid is MUCH worse than Apocrypha byw.
Jul 19, 2017 10:59 PM
Apr 2016
Ketamigo said:
This is just a pointless spin off series anyway, right? I only really care about stories that pertain to Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay. I'm tired of these one-offs, seriously. Why are they doing this to the fan base to begin with? The visual novel came out years and years ago at this point and they STILL have yet to tell the full story within anime.

Instead, we get weird spin-offs like the one based on the mobile game that came out (Grand something, its on Crunchy and it was hella stupid), and those loli spin offs, Kaleid is MUCH worse than Apocrypha byw.
]
I mean, yes, you are right, we should not even be that smoking for the sole reason that this is not something original, but rather an abomination of taking fundamental basics of the series and sewing them together in something resembling Fate/ only by those basics, no coherence. Obviously they just want to make money off the guys who cherish "source material" (those deviant-ish adolescents, oh), but since this made it to the masses I would like it to be decent but oh boy I know that this is going nowhere :(:(:(:(:(:(
I guess I will shut myself since we both understand this is a disgust. Some can enjoy it, I guess I will try too.
Jul 19, 2017 11:03 PM
Sep 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ketamigo said:

]
I mean, yes, you are right, we should not even be that smoking for the sole reason that this is not something original, but rather an abomination of taking fundamental basics of the series and sewing them together in something resembling Fate/ only by those basics, no coherence. Obviously they just want to make money off the guys who cherish "source material" (those deviant-ish adolescents, oh), but since this made it to the masses I would like it to be decent but oh boy I know that this is going nowhere :(:(:(:(:(:(
I guess I will shut myself since we both understand this is a disgust. Some can enjoy it, I guess I will try too.

I'll try to enjoy it, too, but dear god, when will we actually get to enjoy the mainline story to its completion?!

These kids will probably bring themselves to "completion" by watching Loli's on Fate/Kaleid everynight, but I have a girlfriend, and I'm not a fucking Pedo like these degenerates .
Jul 19, 2017 11:19 PM

Apr 2015
I'm freaking laughing so hard about these two retarded. Complaining about one "loli" character being in a fucking "non canon" fate serie, but there's Illya in the main series, who is the enormous example of "adult" loli yet i bet they don't even complain about that because "ahh everyone else look adult so what" "she's an homonculu so she can look like that" xddddd. Let's forget that the others homonculus looked older xdd. "Ohhhhhhhh noooo a non older looking character jesus christ how disgusting this series is for degenerates" HAHAHAHAHA
The best part is the GF part, like what the fuck does that has to do with watching an anime who has an under aged looking character. And how the fuck having an underaged looking character destroys the main plot of the entire anime?

Btw can you even judge someone of being degenerate while you have Boku dake as a favorite? While that anime shows a 28yr old guy liking a 10 year old and getting blushed by listening a little girl and his mom in the shower? Jesus XDDDD
Jul 20, 2017 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
Veromaye said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Or not.

I don't even know why you're complaining about age. Age is totally irrelevant for the plot itself. Frankestein age is not even relevant or needed to work, it was an EXPERIMENT with LOTS of human body parts. Astolfo was portrait as young ( he's not a girl tho ), Fiore ( the one in wheelchair ) is 19 years old, Celenike is 26 so idk wth are you talking about. Reika ( the one with Jack ) is also 23. The only ones looking under aged are Jack the ripper and Mordred ( She looks like 16-18 ), and again age is relevant on servants because ?????. Oh and clearly you know sh*t about why Jack the ripper has that image. But then again I bet you complain about this because there's not enough tiddies bouncing. Because obviously adds quality to the plot.

It is funny because the majority of male heroes accomplished their shit during their teen years, some even earlier, so they can easily be summoned as little boys(and we see that later) but god forbid they do that for a woman.
Jul 24, 2017 9:52 AM

Feb 2015
I dont see anything weird in this series tho xD
i dont know if i already used to this kind of stuff or it's naturally doesn't weird or feels off to me. When i remember the scenes again, i agree that they put a little to much fanservice tho xD I was into the story which why i didnt even care about it at all xD

Well, it can't be helped. That's one of the main reason why it always sells well. If they really have no other choice to put that kind of scene in a serious series, then i guess it would be better if they showed it in a way that the watcher won't be focusing their attention into the fanservice. basically changed the angle of the shots. the camera angle i mean. so it would look like that it doesn't mean to show the "boobs" or the "ass"

because i agree. serious story doesn't fit well with fanservice imo. especially rider from red side. if he is a boy then why he wears a skirt ? doesn't make any sense. which is the conclusion that they want to make a trap xD fuck the industry. fuck the author. put that aside, i still want to follow up the story. im curious.
Jul 24, 2017 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
ssjokg said:
The bias tho.

Somehow it is fine to have King Arthur as a teenage girl but if another series does it to another character it is instantly the worst thing ever.

EDIT: Just realized that there are 4 pages of this thread but my post should still be somewhat relevant, I would think.

Fate stay night was mostly a fight of men. What I mean by that is, even though it was an eroge, the focus of Fate stay night was not the cuteness of the girls. Fanservice and moe played a minor role, but for the most part, Fate stay night was about idealism, a fight of philosophy, and hell, even the term GAR stemmed from it because Archer was so fucking macho and badass. Fate stay night was an intense thriller with hardly any cute fanservice.

Let's think of it this way: out of 7 servants, 4 of them were male (and adult men, to boot). Add in Gilgamesh, and we had 5 male servants against 3 female servants, and 1 of those female servants wore a hood and the other covered her eyes (AND they were both adult women!), so the only servant that could be seen as "cute" was Saber; yet, Saber's armor was very modest and (fairly) practical, covering all of her body. Fate/stay night was mature. The only moe character in stay night was Illya, and she was fucking psychotic. See where I'm getting at? Saber being a woman wasn't an issue, because of the mature way in which her and the other characters were presented. All of the servants were adults (excluding Saber) and the only one that had fanservicey clothes was Rider, and it made sense for her character. Add in the fact that Rider was a sexy woman instead of a slutty loli and that also makes her fanservice far more bearable and less immoral.

What I'm saying is, Fate began as a mature, dark series that had very little fanservice and moe. That all went down the shitter with Hollow Ataraxia. The most popular Fates are FSN and Fate/Zero for a reason: they are mature and aren't a moe shitfest. This is why people complain about every Fate other than stay night and Zero. It isn't hypocritical in the least to point out that Fate has become less mature.
removed-userJul 24, 2017 11:58 PM
Jul 25, 2017 12:49 AM

Aug 2009
So now with 15+ Servants, from them 6 are girls with 3 of them having the body of a teenager, one of a mature woman and one kid and one a trap .Almost all of them have appearence they have because of their role.

Jack isnt even appearing yet and her appearence is like that for a reason, Mordred is a clone of Artoria, Semiramis is a queen, fran is based on the desing of the Bride of Frankenstein.Honestly only Atalanta looks like a teen and has cat ears for no real reason.

Back to fsn what reason did Rider have to wear those clothes?Her character has nothing to do with those both in Fate lore and her mythos.Why did we need any of the scenes that have Saber naked?

But lets forget all of the above.Since when did the design is a reason to call something less mature?

The Servants here have their own goals like in fsn and there ARE some ideals to be challenged.

And dont kid your self.Fsn and zero are the most popular because only those had anime adaptations.
ssjokgJul 25, 2017 2:54 AM
Jul 25, 2017 5:49 AM

Apr 2014
Neizaru said:
It's not just the character designs, entire focus of the franchise shifted from the heroic spirits to worthless pandering. Large chunk of Astolfo's screentime is this girly grinning and various mannerisms, and a scattering of time actually goes into the ideologies and internal struggles. The whole point of these entities summoned to the world lies in enacting their system of beliefs, the perspective of omnipotent wish bringing out their own flaws and regrets. Even the hidden identity wasn't just a strategical prudence, but a way for the viewer of discovering the character (pun unintended) before the reveal of which historical/fictional figure they represent.

Instead we get this fetish fuel nonsense and any actual characterization is tacked on in two or three lines, like it's an extra to the flashy things. They don't even bother to hide their origns, just "Hey there, I'm this guy please check the wiki to see any of my potential weaknesses, nice to meet you!".

Fate franchise didn't become popular because it had naked Saber. There are tons of better ergoes that never made the cut. The real reason was the intensive struggle where every character gave their all for the goal, all placed inside a fascinating take on classic fantasy. But now we've moved so far away from that it's little surprise people are complaining. There's nothing to get invested in other than setting, and after the inital infodumps even that is being pushed into the background.

Only Mordred team buys my interest now and that's because there's enough exchanges between the duo that the stupid "spoiled teeneger" demeanor can't overshadow it enough. Fanservice is always detrimental (or at best of no impact) to the show, but with these proportion it's poisoning the franchise. And then dissapointed fans get replaced by ones that're more interested in butts than plot, which encourages the authors to produce more of this to satisfy the target audience and push away more true fans turning into a steady downward spiral.

No, pretty sure Nasu got popular because of his romance stories/shounen. Granted FA** still messed up on both ends, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the original was some deep thoughtful master piece, the fact that Takeushi got Nasu to write arturia instead of arthur from F/P already meant that he didn't really care that much.

The balance between male and female cast ratio in TM is still 1:1, so it is fine, it could be worse. Not that TM actually cares, cause as they are concerned, true fans are the ones who would go out of their ways to flame their twitter when the fantastic five f**k up. Western fans who have no financial impact or know how to flame the fantastic five is considered non-existent.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jul 25, 2017 7:21 AM

Apr 2014
Neizaru said:
ap1001 said:
No, pretty sure Nasu got popular because of his romance stories/shounen

So how do you explain Fate/Zero then? Romance in nasu is pretty crappy and it's not like there's a shortage of empowerment/erotic fantasy in japanimation. I find it hard to believe that be reason for this much popularity.

The good things in nasu are probably accidental stroke of creativity on author side, but still. Monkeys and Type(moon)writers situation that resulted in something noteworthy.

First of all FZ is written by Gen, who is not part of Nasu's minion lineup, secondly FZ is only kind of popular in the west, and most of it is because UFO did a good job animating it and it appears "deep". In the fan base where TM actually care about, FZ had a lot of really questionable writing decisions and moronic actions did by the "mature" adults, Gen wanted to appear deep, but when he actually awakened the hardcore thinkers, they quickly realized his writing was bullshit.

It got so bad that Nasu had to actually move his ass to write GoA just to make sure that Gen don't get flamed like Sakurai and Higashide for plot convenience and OOC.

If there is one group that Gen did do a good job on, it was Waver and Isklander, but even Higashide performs adequate once in a while, so it doesn't mean that FZ isn't a mediocre work.

To put it into perspective, FZ is adequate popcorn material, but the moment you try to seriously talk about so called "morals and ideals" of FZ. You would get laughed out the door in eastern forums, cause FZ is paper thin in terms of depth. Some call it "Greek tragedy", it is only tragic, if you call doing something stupid and getting beat up tragic.
ap1001Jul 25, 2017 7:31 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jul 25, 2017 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
Neizaru said:
written by Gen, who is not part of Nasu

Irrelevant, it's the focus that he chose and fact it's generally regarded as better part of the Fate series, that proves what points of nasu are the strong ones. How much he succeded at depth and how much it's bs is very debatable, but the attempt went in that specific region (maturity, story, motivations, universe) and appreciation resulted.
No studio would take risk at a likely flop if they didn't have confidence this is what people want to see. And they picked plot, not ass. And it worked.

secondly FZ is only kind of popular in the west

If you're refering to sales that's not a fair argument, we all know what kind market that is. But it's best received with highest scores, even despite complaints of shallowness. And it got two cours despite diffculties, that seems quite popular to me.

It got so bad that Nasu had to actually move his ass

More likely they realized where the real money lies and gave up on all risks. That weird Illya series is just what every other studio does - playing it safe.

Going have to stop you there when the first part is wrong. It is NOT regarded as better part of fate series, much less the entire nasuverse. That honor is still FSN game, GoA and FGO chap 6.

And no I am not talking about sales, I am talking about the number of hate posts that are created in large TM forums. FZ's post is third behind Higashide and Sakurai, if you are talking about MAL score, I am going to say that MAL is a anime forum and anime is the least relevant medium for TM.

2 cours means jack shit, Higashide's FA** got 2 cours, and people are still pissing on him just like Gen. If we want to talk about main stream success, you don't get more mainstream than having Sony executives hosting talk panels on your contribution to their profit margin and getting your own booth at major game exhibitions.

As for money, you talk like it is a small thing, but money is the most important part of society. FZ did not make them enough money or fame or success, so it Gen got the boot (plus he wasn't a good team player). When FEX makes back more than FZ can ever hope for, it is quite obvious that Gen had failed.
ap1001Jul 25, 2017 8:26 AM
Jul 25, 2017 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
Why are all the servants little girls?

To answer your question, consider why so many fans enjoy seeing little girls in anime? Why do so many like these little girls to wear sluttly clothing? Why do so many fan service shots of naked kids get made, and why do fans love seeing them?

The answer to all of these - People are sick, and have a fetish for child-like features:
Wide eyes, short stature, slender bodies, innocence, child-like playfulness, discovery of sexual desire etc.

One of these fetishes on their own might not be too disturbing, but combine them together and you have your average lolicon.

Take it from a priest: this shit is messed up.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.