Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2017 10:10 PM

Jul 2016
Love this Recap. Meteora is amazing.
Jul 1, 2017 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
The episode should be 12.5 not 13, but for recap, it's pretty good.
Jul 1, 2017 10:13 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Why did they bother with a recap when everything is way over-explained anyway jesus christ.
Jul 1, 2017 10:52 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, this is definitely one of the best recap episodes out there. Meteorra and her commentary was just fantastic, especially with her alternative Sexy, Cute and Glamarous form and the ending. I hope more shows will get recap episodes as such so they don't bore us out...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 1, 2017 10:55 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
sandykho47 said:
The episode should be 12.5 not 13, but for recap, it's pretty good.
Yeah but this one is planned since the beginning (thats what they say anyway), so its actually a part of the serie.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 1, 2017 11:30 PM
Oct 2007
Wow this was not that bad despite being a recap! Almost skip the episode until I was scrolling through and I saw the other version of Meteora LOL!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2017 11:34 PM
Dec 2016
good recap.
studio TROYCA and staff laugh at our faces xD
Jul 1, 2017 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
The song for World Etude was really good.

Jul 2, 2017 12:24 AM

Sep 2013
5/5- Best Recap episode I've ever seen...and the only one that I've fully watched haha. Meteora easily secured her spot as my favorite of this series. If only we get these playful jabs from her every now and then.

Meteora Recap had:

Anyways, that song at the end was really good. I liked it a lot. Though I would also love to hear Meteora's version too.

Jul 2, 2017 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
Why, oh why, did we not get the sexy Meteora instead?!

This recap episode was worth it for Meteora showing some personality and emotion.
Jul 2, 2017 12:42 AM

Oct 2011
best recap episode ever
Jul 2, 2017 12:45 AM
Sep 2015
Interesting way to do a recap episode... Also some of Meteora's parts were kinda funny.
Jul 2, 2017 12:46 AM
Jul 2014
TehSnawn said:
5/5- Best Recap episode I've ever seen...and the only one that I've fully watched haha. Meteora easily secured her spot as my favorite of this series. If only we get these playful jabs from her every now and then.

Meteora Recap had:

Anyways, that song at the end was really good. I liked it a lot. Though I would also love to hear Meteora's version too.

Now all we need is a special revolving around altair's point of view which also breaks the fourth wall, and we'll be set.
Jul 2, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2016
I was kinda disappointed after realizing for a few minutes that this was a recap episode.
But to be honest, it was still an enjoyable recap episode.
It was done differently as compared to other recap episodes.
Tanned Meteora with "plot" though... and the words sticking out :v
I love how she bashed on how a pain in the ass of an animation the Military Princess is. XD
Also, those phrases about quality and the industry.
Sad that the plot has not progressed this week but it can't be helped.
Still though, it was a QUALITY recap episode. The best of its kind. :)
Jul 2, 2017 1:39 AM

Dec 2015
I wish all recaps were like this xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 2, 2017 1:46 AM

Jun 2014
TehSnawn said:

Complains for the animation staff, questions the sanity of the designer and wishes to put her in a track suit with sandals.

some how, I get a feeling we'll see Altair in track suit and sandals soon.
Wait, maybe even better in swimsuit. lol
Jul 2, 2017 2:01 AM

Nov 2011
They baited me with ep 13, wouldn't have watched if it was 12.5

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 2, 2017 2:07 AM

Sep 2016
it's all good that recap episode is good, but you need to be concerned when the fucking recap episode is the best episode so far.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 2, 2017 2:26 AM

Apr 2011
One interesting recap episode.

Jul 2, 2017 2:33 AM
Jan 2017
GangsterCat said:
it's all good that recap episode is good, but you need to be concerned when the fucking recap episode is the best episode so far.
Episode 8 was better.
Jul 2, 2017 4:00 AM

Nov 2012
Cour_Victor said:
GangsterCat said:
Episode 8 was better.

It's all quite subjective. I like this anime as a whole for example. Episode 10 may have been the most interesting for me since the first and second episodes. 13th also was funny and interesting.
Jul 2, 2017 4:52 AM

May 2009
This recap is so fun! XD Though they should've at least made this a 12.5 instead of 13 >_>

When this flashed on my screen, I was like 'WTF Meteora??' xD Oh well, tanned Meteora is hot. :3

I just now learned the story of each of the creations.. Or was I just not paying attention before? If they had more budget, I think it would be cool to show some parts of their stories at the start of the series. :/ It's alright though..

12:01 I like how they are being so defensive about Selesia. LOL Well at first I kinda looked forward to what she can do because I thought among all the creations, she's the main one. lol

14:57 Aliceteria the Muscle Brains (all muscle and no brain)
LOL Meteora xD

19:43 Wtf. Meteora sang! XD
19:54 Wtf. How Meteora described Altair and her complaints about her physical appearance! Mutated mop! XD

20:56 They're being so defensive!! It's so funny I want to cry! XD

During the earlier part of the series, I'm extremely annoyed with Meteora's voice because of her info dumping in consecutive episodes.. But now, I was actually entertained. :D I'm happy they didn't make it a regular and serious recap, else it would be boring as hell. -___-

Ohh the new ED is cool!! *^*

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jul 2, 2017 5:00 AM
Dec 2016
far best recap episode i've ever seen.. im not a meteora fan but this was awesome...Selesia hype :D
Jul 2, 2017 5:27 AM
Jan 2017
Mozek said:
Cour_Victor said:
Episode 8 was better.

It's all quite subjective. I like this anime as a whole for example. Episode 10 may have been the most interesting for me since the first and second episodes. 13th also was funny and interesting.

Just pulling his leg. All of the episodes have been a treat to me so far.
Jul 2, 2017 5:34 AM

Dec 2009
Meteora is doing a fanfic of herself lol
Pretty good for a recap, it kept my attention and made me laugh, also they did the "self aware show" thing very natural.
Jul 2, 2017 5:46 AM

Mar 2013
I almost skipped this as well. It was actually worth watching.
Jul 2, 2017 5:58 AM

Nov 2016
That song at the end was worth the boring recap episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2017 6:51 AM
Jul 2016
This episode contains recap and comment from Meteora...
Jul 2, 2017 7:05 AM

Apr 2012
At first I was like "damn a recap? Oh hell no."
Then I kept watching and started laughing. Mamika still best girl, but Meteora, you are close.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 2, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2010
ShadowMonkey said:
That was the best recap episode I've ever seen! Nice to see Meteora's non-emotionless side, she was both awesome and hilarious in this episode. Also, the way they re-introduced characters was creative as well. I love how she even made fun of paranoids who complain about the industry failing all the time. Other anime should learn from Re:Creators, this was fucking awesome. I hope we see more recaps like this in the future.

I completely agree. If you have to do a recap episode, do it like that. That was glorious and as much fun as a regular episode. There was even some new information on some of the lesser spotlighted characters in there. Plus the self awareness, inner thoughts and 4th wall breaking this whole thing was hilarious.
Jul 2, 2017 7:56 AM

Sep 2011
At this point I'm basically just recapping what's already been said in this thread (oh the irony), but:

I normally hate recap episodes (who doesn't?), but this one was pretty great! Meteora was already my favorite character in this show, but getting to hear her unleash her sense of humor here firmly secured a spot in my overall favorites list. A little disappointed that this means one less episode for the actual story, but I think things are going to start speeding up very soon, excited to see where this goes :o
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Jul 2, 2017 8:01 AM

Dec 2015
just a recap , with some explanation of the characters , but lol meteora imagine herself to be more mature in appearance , i guess she is disappointed in her appearance.

altair's world etude looks good
Jul 2, 2017 8:07 AM

Jun 2013
I bet she'll be much easier to animate now

Jul 2, 2017 8:07 AM

Nov 2016
The best recap episode, that's true. That's because the additional comments from meteora that were all amazing.

But that also reminds me about the main direction of show and the too much unnecessary information, but furthermore they are uninteresting.
I still have faith however that it will excel well in the second part. Especially that much of the plot in first part is supposedly for introduction and plot progression decoy.

Was gonna forget, amazing ending though!

Jul 2, 2017 8:13 AM

Nov 2012
Grim19521 said:
Meteora is doing a fanfic of herself lol
Pretty good for a recap, it kept my attention and made me laugh, also they did the "self aware show" thing very natural.

Yeah. I liked it too.
There are a lot of small goodies in this anime, like for example "ufotable cafe" in which Souta and Mamika talked (there was a short called Fate/Zero Cafe a few years ago btw).
The fanfic was funny but they really have to create something more believable and grounded in what's already out there. First thing, it will be weird if they just mix together characters from completely different source materials. Rights to intellectual works are going to become a huge problem for them. It can't be too absurd and sexualized. By the way, it's also not fair to Setsuna, screwing with her even more. Trying to destroy her creation, even though she was inspired by pink haired girl from Eternal Wars Megalosphere? Not very considerate. Souta may not want to hurt his friend even more.
It is difficult to guess what's going to happen. They can try to make "the wrong side" weaker, power up "the good side", persuade someone to join the government's team or even resurrect Mamika.
Jul 2, 2017 8:29 AM

Nov 2012
Shunaria said:
I bet she'll be much easier to animate now

I laughed so hard on that, Shunaria!! m9(^Д^)
Jul 2, 2017 8:58 AM
Sep 2014
I hate recap episodes like this. It's such a waste of time in my opinion. They should do what Kill la Kill did on their recap episode (episode 16). Recap everything under 2 mins then continue the story from,there lol.
Jul 2, 2017 9:20 AM
May 2017
I was just going to skip this, then "Sexy Meteora" tricked me into watching the recap episode
Jul 2, 2017 9:31 AM
Jun 2017
Not a big fan of recap episodes even if there was one hilarious Meteora moment this was still a king of a disappointment
Jul 2, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2009
Best recap ever.

GG FOURTH WALL

I doubt many picked up on what they were doing with this, and why it was done intentionally this way (recap is done to allow processing time in both the minds of viewers and in production) but this particular recap is done for the sake of meta.

The anime is already a meta-anime where anime characters come into the "real world" in the anime, and now with an episode of exposition, they have then pulled the in-anime meta, into the real world, thereby broadening the meta to self-awareness. Now the anime has reminded of the nature it exists within our reality, as an animation produced by creators, therefore putting the idea in the viewer's head of it potentially being real - this is very clever writing.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 2, 2017 10:24 AM
May 2017
Mugi__nZk said:
ISwordI said:
The ost at the near end? Not the ending , ty :x

it's called E:verydaytor1 from the second disc.

Thank you mate , you saved me :x
Jul 2, 2017 10:32 AM

Jun 2015
zwolf12 said:
ShadowMonkey said:
That was the best recap episode I've ever seen! Nice to see Meteora's non-emotionless side, she was both awesome and hilarious in this episode. Also, the way they re-introduced characters was creative as well. I love how she even made fun of paranoids who complain about the industry failing all the time. Other anime should learn from Re:Creators, this was fucking awesome. I hope we see more recaps like this in the future.

I completely agree. If you have to do a recap episode, do it like that. That was glorious and as much fun as a regular episode. There was even some new information on some of the lesser spotlighted characters in there. Plus the self awareness, inner thoughts and 4th wall breaking this whole thing was hilarious.
ikr
btw GitS ayyyyy
Jul 2, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2011
I can honestly say i truly enjoyed this recap episode. Also the ending theme World Etude is beautiful , hope we get a full version soon.

i hope for future anime show who intenda to do a recap episode learn from this.
Jul 2, 2017 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
Oh My God... Best recap episode ever!
Jul 2, 2017 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
This is pretty much a great recap episode Lmao. I mean, Meteora you fucking savage! I love it when a series entertains me like this, and especially with recaps. Not the best ones of course, but still one of the more enjoyable ones. xD
Jul 2, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
although it was a recap...meteora commenting was so funny... I was not expecting that
Jul 2, 2017 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
Sexy version of Meteora breaking the 4th wall was hilarious. XD
Jul 2, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
It's good that Re:creators has the idea to not only troll its own recap episode rather than delivering just a straightforward recount of events, but it also gives some background into each of the character's lores of their own stories. First time I'll actually recommend watching a recap episode if you haven't.
Jul 2, 2017 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
unfortunate recap :/
Jul 2, 2017 1:43 PM
Aug 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode is out on Anime Strike.

Meh, just recap stuff this week with most of the important events and narration by Meteora. I guess doing a recap at the half way point in some ways makes sense as a way to get ready for the second half/cour. Kinda hyped to see where this is going.

Sincerely I don't agree. This episode elevated the series beyond anything I could have expected ever (besides making me both laugh myself silly and electing Meteora as best girl and main character, even if she's not). It was a brilliant comment on a series that discusses some serious and interesting points in the industry of anime as a whole, while at the same time making a mid-series recap episode truly interesting and fun to watch.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.