Forum Settings
Forums

Yaoi glorifies sexual violence of men, so why doesn't the UN care about that

New
Jun 21, 2017 3:47 AM

Jul 2016
Why is it always things that portray women (somewhat) negatively that get censored, yet women's genres that do the exact same thing are ignored.

What's with the double standard by Feminists, your perfectly fine with sexual violence of men, but not women.

Even if some feminists are fine with freedom of Expression, can you not see how by support feminism in general allows this thing to happen.

You're putting your ideals and views ahead at the expense of everyone's.

One could also argue the sexual violence in Ecchi as well.
RuneRemJul 8, 2020 3:48 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 21, 2017 3:52 AM

Dec 2015
I saw the Violence toward women thread and was just waiting for this thread to appear.

Jun 21, 2017 3:58 AM

Jul 2016
ClavisM said:
I saw the Violence toward women thread and was just waiting for this thread to appear.

I can't stand hypocrisy, and that is what Feminism is.
Jun 21, 2017 4:01 AM

Feb 2017
Because there isn't as many people complaining about the way men are portrayed than there are people complaining about how women portrayed. You hear about the double standards against women daily, yet you rarely ever hear about the double standards against men. And it's not because they don't exist because they definitely do, it's just not talked about enough and having enough attention brought to it.

And then there's also the whole thing where some people seem to think men can't be raped or sexually assaulted because "they always want it". Sexual assault of men tends to get blown off or ignored, or men are made to think they shouldn't talk about it because getting raped/sexually assaulted makes them weak if from a woman, or gay if from a man. And because they never talk about it, people don't realize how often it can actually happen.

I don't think it's the support of feminism that's allowing it to happen, it's just not enough people bringing attention to the fact that there are double standards against men.
eamijJun 21, 2017 4:07 AM
Jun 21, 2017 4:03 AM

Dec 2015
Nyu said:
ClavisM said:

I can't stand hypocrisy, and that is what Feminism is.

Tbh I understand what you mean. It is pretty ridiculous to criticise one and not the other, rather than the entire issue of sexual violence as a whole. Although people do criticise the sexual violence in Yaoi, I don't see it nearly as often.

Jun 21, 2017 4:05 AM

Feb 2013
what does the un has to do with anything lol
Jun 21, 2017 4:07 AM

Apr 2016
There is no such thing as "sexual violence against men".

That is what society wants you to know.
Jun 21, 2017 4:10 AM

Jul 2016
eamij said:
Because there isn't as many people complaining about the way men are portrayed than there are people complaining about how women portrayed. You hear about the double standards against women daily, yet you rarely ever hear about the double standards against men. And it's not because they don't exist because they definitely do, it's just not talked about enough and having enough attention brought to it.

And then there's also the whole thing where some people seem to think men can't be raped or sexually assaulted because "they always want it". Sexual assault of men tends to get blown off or ignored, or men are made to think they shouldn't talk about it because getting raped/sexually assaulted makes them weak if from a woman, or gay if from a man.

I don't think it's the support of feminism that's allowing it to happen, it's just not enough people bringing attention to the double standards against men.

Considering Feminists tried to ban Sexual Violence against women in Anime/Media twice, why didn't they include men? They are likely very competent if they're in the UN, and it's common knowledge to know sexual violence of men is also portrayed in Anime. So, why isn't it included in their proposal, because they don't care about it, it doesn't fit their narrative that only women are oppressed.

Also Feminism is known for stopping discussions and movements for men's rights and Issues, so they are a barrier, and Feminism itself, why hasn't the movement moved onto Egalitarianism, they always go around propagating that they are for Gender Equality of men as well.
Jun 21, 2017 4:10 AM

Jan 2013
Because full-blown yaoi is extremely niche, and there's very few yaoi anime to begin with. Ecchi is way, way more popular and common in anime, not to even mention the amount of hentai ovas - that's why it gets more attention.
fuyukiJun 21, 2017 4:14 AM
Jun 21, 2017 4:12 AM

Apr 2017
So OP? What's the logic of this thread in the first place anyway?

>About Swordfighting..

You're kinda Nuts

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 21, 2017 4:16 AM

Jul 2016
fuyuki said:
Because full-blown yaoi is extremely niche, and there's very few yaoi anime to begin with. Ecchi is way, way more popular and common in anime not to even mention the amount of hentai ovas that's why it gets more attention.

Well sexual Violence against men isn't just in Yaoi, but Hentai in general, by female characters.
Jun 21, 2017 4:20 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Because it's wrong to sexualize (especially young) girls in any way, but not boys... even if it's a cartoon... says many feminists, and what's even worse is many of these women who complain have fantasies similar to those being portrayed in anime
Jun 21, 2017 4:20 AM

May 2017
Are we talking about yaoi anime here? If u find that as sexual violence of men, then what about yuri anime? Sexual violence of women lol? How come yaoi anime is sexual violence of men, theres no hardcore/intense graphic like ur usual straight hentai and only few of them, plus only shounen ai(less graphic) are released rn. Yaoi/sho-ai as example is just wrong, that means you think yuri genre as sexual violence of women too. I think the one who kept complaining/bash about how women are potraying in anime its talking about ecchi/hentai genre in anime bcause theres 'a ton of them', bet they will not complain if only few of that genre are released. Just ignore those ppl.
livexevilJun 21, 2017 4:57 AM
Jun 21, 2017 4:22 AM

Feb 2017
Nyu said:
eamij said:

And then there's also the whole thing where some people seem to think men can't be raped or sexually assaulted because "they always want it". Sexual assault of men tends to get blown off or ignored, or men are made to think they shouldn't talk about it because getting raped/sexually assaulted makes them weak if from a woman, or gay if from a man.

I don't think it's the support of feminism that's allowing it to happen, it's just not enough people bringing attention to the double standards against men.

Considering Feminists tried to ban Sexual Violence against women in Anime/Media twice, why didn't they include men? They are likely very competent if they're in the UN, and it's common knowledge to know sexual violence of men is also portrayed in Anime. So, why isn't it included in their proposal, because they don't care about it, it doesn't fit their narrative that only women are oppressed.

Also Feminism is known for stopping discussions and movements for men's rights and Issues, so they are a barrier, and Feminism itself, why hasn't the movement moved onto Egalitarianism, they always go around propagating that they are for Gender Equality of men as well.

I think it's because when it happens to men in media, people tend to not see it as sexual assault because of the dumb idea that "men always want it". And even if it does seem like it could be sexual assault, for some reason, people don't see it as bad when it happens to men. I imagine that is because women are seen as weaker and easier to take advantage of than men are, which again goes back to how men are said to feel about sex, "he's a man, he could have defended himself if he didn't actually want it".

Some modern feminists do tend to not use common sense and insist that straight white men have no problems in life, but I also don't think they're entirely the problem with double standards against men. Yes, they can be a problem at times, but again, I think if more people were speaking out against the double standards men have and made people realize that it does exist, more people would do something about it.
eamijJun 21, 2017 4:26 AM
Jun 21, 2017 4:33 AM

Feb 2015
Because men, in general, are less sensitive and insecure about how their sex is portrayed in works of fiction? I don't know. I have no problem with yaoi existing, but yeah, I also don't see a reason why yuri should be treated any different just because it's females.
Jun 21, 2017 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
Don't you dare come between me and my gay rape doujins.

When it comes to depicting sexual violence in doujins/manga, Japan has been pretty protective of the artists so far. The UN got btfo hard by some female hentai artist a while ago, when they tried to pressure Japan into limiting artistic freedom because of muh violence. My only fear is that they'll try to "clean up" their image because of the upcoming Olympics.

I think people who are worried about Japan censoring their comics should just show support for the artists and buy as much fucked up material as they can. There's really not much else to do, aside from having fruitless arguments with the feminists.
Jun 21, 2017 4:40 AM
Nov 2016
You really think feminists care about men? lol.

Jun 21, 2017 4:47 AM

Jul 2016
eamij said:
Nyu said:

I think it's because when it happens to men in media, people tend to not see it as sexual assault because of the dumb idea that "men always want it". And even if it does seem like it could be sexual assault, for some reason, people don't see it as bad when it happens to men. I imagine that is because women are seen as weaker and easier to take advantage of than men are, which again goes back to how men are said to feel about sex, "he's a man, he could have defended himself if he didn't actually want it".

Some modern feminists do tend to not use common sense and insist that straight white men have no problems in life, but I also don't think they're entirely the problem with double standards against men. Yes, they can be a problem at times, but again, I think if more people were speaking out against the double standards men have and made people realize that it does exist, more people would do something about it.

So you're saying because of the general perception of men in this topic, it's justifiable that the UN exclude mentioning men?
That's only makes them hypocrites, and shows how shallow their beliefs are.
Not only that, Feminists are known pushing their views where they're not wanted, they don't just give then, so how's it acceptable for them to just give up on tacking the issue of Sexual Violence against men.

You're right about one thing, men need to start speaking out.
How come you don't address my point about Feminist propaganda, which states that Feminism is for Gender Equality of Men. They are using underhanded tactics to prevent men from speaking out, and instead getting them into their movement that does nothing for men.
Jun 21, 2017 4:47 AM

Feb 2015
Why is MAL so obsessed with feminism and sexual violence against someone?
Jun 21, 2017 4:50 AM

Jul 2016
mimiiria said:
My only fear is that they'll try to "clean up" their image because of the upcoming Olympics.

That is my concern as well, hopefully Japan stands up for Freedom of Expression.

Valkyrie said:

Well because If we don't point out the shallowness, the blatant hypocrisy of Feminism, more people will only become influenced by it.
Jun 21, 2017 4:52 AM

Mar 2014
The difference between ecchi/loli and yaoi is that the former is trash while the latter isn't
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 21, 2017 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
Nyu said:
fuyuki said:
Because full-blown yaoi is extremely niche, and there's very few yaoi anime to begin with. Ecchi is way, way more popular and common in anime not to even mention the amount of hentai ovas that's why it gets more attention.

Well sexual Violence against men isn't just in Yaoi, but Hentai in general, by female characters.
But hentai is still aimed at men, isn't it? Even if it contains abuse towards men it's not like it's "women's genre" (like you referred yaoi). I always though it's a form of men's fetishes.
Jun 21, 2017 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
Comic_Sans said:
The difference between ecchi/loli and yaoi is that the former is trash while the latter isn't

And that is why ladies and gentlemens yuri is the best.
Jun 21, 2017 4:56 AM

Feb 2017
Nyu said:
eamij said:

So you're saying because of the general perception of men in this topic, it's justifiable that the UN exclude mentioning men?
Not only that, Feminists are known pushing their views where they're not wanted, they don't just give then, so how's it acceptable for them to just give up on tacking the issue of Sexual Violence against men.

How come you don't address my point about Feminist propaganda, which states that Feminism is for Gender Equality of Men. They are using underhanded tactics to prevent men from speaking out, and instead getting them into their movement that does nothing for men.

When did I ever imply that it was okay to be hypocritical about it? I was saying that I think that's why it's not seen as more of an issue, but I never said it was okay, because it's not. Which is why I said several times that more people should point out double standards men have.
I don't think they're intentionally excluding men because they don't want men to have the same rights, it's just not seen as being as bad for reasons I've already said.
Every group of people has those who push their beliefs where they're not wanted. Feminists, religious people, liberals, republicans, ect. All are equally as bad as the others.
Again, it's not acceptable and I think the problems is that there isn't enough attention on the topic of sexual violence against men, not that people are giving up on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Feminism is for Gender Equality of Men".

I didn't address that part because I personally haven't heard anything about feminists shutting down mens' rights movements or even protests for mens' rights existing. I've seen people talk about mens' rights on the internet, but that's about how far I've seen it go. And usually those groups are just as bad as feminists with how extreme they can be.
Jun 21, 2017 4:59 AM

Dec 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
Because it's wrong to sexualize (especially young) girls in any way, but not boys... even if it's a cartoon... says many feminists,

Can you actually find a quote of anyone saying this?
Because I've certainly never heard anyone say anything close to this.
Jun 21, 2017 5:10 AM

Jul 2012
Actually, I don't see people trying to remove lesbians in Anime at all if that were the equivalent. The so-called feminists you are referring to just wants tits and ass out of games and they're also against underaged lolis.

BL Anime:
- Only a handful depict dubcon (and those ones get lots of backlash from feminists) and more of the recent ones are clean (Doukyuusei and Kono Danshi as examples)
- They're above age of consent (except few series which actually do get roasted by feminists such as "Okane ga Nai")

As a female in the female anime fan community, yes, feminists actually pick on BL stuff and call some problematic if it shows stuff like BDSM or dubcon.
Jun 21, 2017 5:11 AM

Sep 2016
@AoiNomura This is what I was talking about

"Even if your soul disappears, your wishes and curses remain in this world."
Jun 21, 2017 5:14 AM

Jul 2016
eamij said:
Nyu said:

When did I ever imply that it was okay to be hypocritical about it? I was saying that I think that's why it's not seen as more of an issue, but I never said it was okay, because it's not. Which is why I said several times that more people should point out double standards men have.
I don't think they're intentionally excluding men because they don't want men to have the same rights, it's just not seen as being as bad for reasons I've already said.
Every group of people has those who push their beliefs where they're not wanted. Feminists, religious people, liberals, republicans, ect. All are equally as bad as the others.
Again, it's not acceptable and I think the problems is that there isn't enough attention on the topic of sexual violence against men, not that people are giving up on it.

I didn't address that part because I personally haven't heard anything about feminists shutting down mens' rights movements or even protests for mens' rights existing. I've seen people talk about mens' rights on the internet, but that's about how far I've seen it go. And usually those groups are just as bad as feminists with how extreme they can be.

I understood your point about double standards, but I didn't know you were applying that to the people at the UN, who obviously know better and purposely excluded men from their campaigns against the portrayal of sexual violence.
While their is a lack of attention on the issue, the UN should know better, and perhaps refocus their efforts to include men's issues, instead of solely focusing on women, cause the UN is supposedly for everyone.

I'm surprised you haven't seen the multitudes of Feminists claim Feminism is for Men's rights (instead of women's only).
Major Organisations do it as well.

Honestly, it's propaganda, to stop men's rights groups from forming.
Cause if they convince people, that Feminism already handles men's rights, there is no need for a Men's rights movement.

It's like how the Nazis were called National Socialists or how North Korea is called the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
The Nazis weren't socialists, they hated Communism, and only had that as part of their name to gain support from Socialists.
Same with North Korea, they aren't Democratic, yet they call themselves that to make people think they're democratic.
Jun 21, 2017 5:17 AM

Apr 2017
Valkyrie said:

I'm pretty sure it's related to sexual frustration and insecurity amongst male virgins.
Jun 21, 2017 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
Sexual content isn't usually seen as a problem. Problem they point out is usually the underage sexualisation, regardless of gender

Also since we are on the topic, join CA club now for means of better analysis of the problem. Just few minutes after watching each episode can make a difference!
Jun 21, 2017 5:23 AM

May 2017
Mayuka said:
Actually, I don't see people trying to remove lesbians in Anime at all if that were the equivalent. The so-called feminists you are referring to just wants tits and ass out of games and they're also against underaged lolis.

BL Anime:
- Only a handful depict dubcon (and those ones get lots of backlash from feminists) and more of the recent ones are clean (Doukyuusei and Kono Danshi as examples)
- They're above age of consent (except few series which actually do get roasted by feminists such as "Okane ga Nai")

As a female in the female anime fan community, yes, feminists actually pick on BL stuff and call some problematic if it shows stuff like BDSM or dubcon.
this^agree.
Feminists pick on BL/yaoi community too, they complaining BL/yaoi that've underage(shota), rape, bdsm undertones. Ex: when super lovers come out lmao
Jun 21, 2017 5:33 AM

Sep 2015
who cares, it's only drawn.........

Jun 21, 2017 5:37 AM

Feb 2017
Nyu said:
eamij said:

I understood your point about double standards, but I didn't know you were applying that to the people at the UN, who obviously know better and purposely excluded men from their campaigns against the portrayal of sexual violence.
While their is a lack of attention on the issue, the UN should know better, and perhaps refocus their efforts to include men's issues, instead of solely focusing on women, cause the UN is supposedly for everyone.

I'm surprised you haven't seen the multitudes of Feminists claim Feminism is for Men's rights (instead of women's only).
Major Organisations do it as well.

Honestly, it's propaganda, to stop men's rights groups from forming.
Cause if they convince people, that Feminism already handles men's rights, there is no need for a Men's rights movement.

It's like how the Nazis were called National Socialists or how North Korea is called the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
The Nazis weren't socialists, they hated Communism, and only had that as part of their name to gain support from Socialists.
Same with North Korea, they aren't Democratic, yet they call themselves that to make people think they're democratic.

It should be common sense for everyone to know better since it seems pretty obvious to me, but society has spent so long telling everyone that "men always want sex and doing anything sexual towards men is always wanted" that most people can't get out of that mindset. You'd be surprised how many people who you think should know better about things don't. Sexual assault in general is awful regardless of who it's against.

I've actually never heard it that. I've obviously heard "feminism is for equality", but that's usually followed by "of women and LGBT". I've always heard from feminists that "men don't need more rights because they already have them, but women don't have all of the same rights".

I do agree that it's not right for them to claim they include mens' rights or equal rights while actually insisting that men have no problems.
That's one of the reasons I don't really consider myself a feminist anymore. It claims to be for equality on the surface, but the deeper you get into it, the more exclusive it gets.
Jun 21, 2017 6:09 AM
Jan 2017
I think it's because of the sensor ship. Normally yaoi is pretty consensual if you look for the right things and is sold in a specific section of the book store. If it has any rape or non con then it would be marked as mature or 18+. i personally find any form of rape disgusting but their wouldn't be any supply if there was no demand. Plus, must of the yaoi that gets turned into anime are sensored and there's also shonen ai which is a tamer version of yaoi.

I think the problem the UN has with lolis, women violence, etc. is that it appears in regular very popular anime like fairytail and sometimes in Sao and Naruto. You can't really tell it's there at first and it's rare to get a series with no fan service now days. Yaoi and shonen ai aren't that popular( if you're not looking at YOI) in the first place and even within that community there is only a percentage of people who go for that thing.

I honestly think it's disgusting but people have the right to free censorship and if they mark their stuff so people who want to can avoid it I have no real problems. Also things that aren't yaoi glorify it too like certain SM and Hentai, etc.
Jun 21, 2017 6:22 AM

Aug 2015
It's not rape if it's done to a man, it's just a lesson in dominance.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Jun 21, 2017 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
zodd0 said:
Valkyrie said:

I'm pretty sure it's related to sexual frustration and insecurity amongst male virgins.
I am sexually frustrated and a virgin, tis must be something else.

Tho I am nowhere even near being insecure.
Jun 21, 2017 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
Nyu said:
Why is it always things that portray women (somewhat) negatively that get censored, yet women's genres that do the exact same thing are ignored.

What's with the double standard by Feminists, your perfectly fine with sexual violence of men, but not women.

Even if some feminists are fine with freedom of Expression, can you not see how by support feminism in general allows this thing to happen.

Why is there so much constantly whining and uhm... it's near to paranoia about feminism here?

Who said to you that sexual violence against men is perfectly fine? And even if, a single person's dumb opinion doesn't reflect what hundreds of other people think about a topic.

There is a reason why I score Junjou Romantica with 2 and dropped it after 5 episodes. And there are reasons I dislike most of the Yaoi in general.
And other things like Okane ga Nai got critic from all sides.. well, it's just bad. So bad, I'm even too ashamed to put the shit in my list, even if I would love to roast it. XD

Most of the yaoi manga are boring on the one hand. It's like reading a copy of your typical Shoujo manga and on the other hand, there was so much non-con, it really hurts and it's very cringy to read. I put them down in the middle of those situations anyway.
It's even more cringy to find a doujinshi of some characters you like and suddenly there is a (near-)rape-conten and heavy OOC.

Anyway. It's not a matter of feminism or political ideas or anything else.
It's a matter of a basic spark of a good character and a sign of basic humanity in a person to know that "no" means "no", regardless of the gender.

Zodd0 said:

Well. This could explain many things. XD
removed-userJun 21, 2017 7:45 AM
Jun 21, 2017 7:41 AM

Sep 2009
Probably because those situations are pretty unrealistic.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 21, 2017 8:08 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bobby2Hands said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
Because it's wrong to sexualize (especially young) girls in any way, but not boys... even if it's a cartoon... says many feminists,

Can you actually find a quote of anyone saying this?
Because I've certainly never heard anyone say anything close to this.

if you've never heard anyone say anything close to this then you've had your head in a box when it comes to these things, ill find examples after work
Jun 21, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2016
GOD DAMNIT! I'm so tired of your 'gender equality' threads and your constant whining about gender related stuff.

Don't you have anything better to do?
Is that all whats in your head?
Is that what you live for?
Why do you care so much?
Were you greatly unjustified during your life due to your gender?
Even then, do you have to drag your problems to us?
How about you go directly to feminist HQ and yell your issues to them?

*Sigh*, some people are SO obscessed is not even funny.
HyperLJun 21, 2017 8:33 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 21, 2017 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
Because people believe that is the divine punish for what men had done years back... :/

I mean, back then it was the best thing if you were a male...

Anyway, excluding shit from that dude, stop reading yaoi that portrays murder and stuff like that. I know there must be a vanilla somewhere... :/
Jun 21, 2017 8:32 AM

Jul 2016
zodd0 said:
Valkyrie said:

Or because feminists keep trying to ban things because of it.

Azegi said:
Sexual content isn't usually seen as a problem. Problem they point out is usually the underage sexualisation, regardless of gender

Also since we are on the topic, join CA club now for means of better analysis of the problem. Just few minutes after watching each episode can make a difference!

Actually, the UN has attempted to get Japan to ban Anime/Media representing sexual violence against women twice.

Maneki-Mew said:
Nyu said:

Why is there so much constantly whining and uhm... it's near to paranoia about feminism here?

Who said to you that sexual violence against men is perfectly fine? And even if, a single person's dumb opinion doesn't reflect what hundreds of other people think about a topic.

There is a reason why I score Junjou Romantica with 2 and dropped it after 5 episodes. And there are reasons I dislike most of the Yaoi in general.
And other things like Okane ga Nai got critic from all sides.. well, it's just bad. So bad, I'm even too ashamed to put the shit in my list, even if I would love to roast it. XD

Most of the yaoi manga are boring on the one hand. It's like reading a copy of your typical Shoujo manga and on the other hand, there was so much non-con, it really hurts and it's very cringy to read. I put them down in the middle of those situations anyway.
It's even more cringy to find a doujinshi of some characters you like and suddenly there is a (near-)rape-conten and heavy OOC.

Anyway. It's not a matter of feminism or political ideas or anything else.
It's a matter of a basic spark of a good character and a sign of basic humanity in a person to know that "no" means "no", regardless of the gender.

Zodd0 said:

Well. This could explain many things. XD

So when Feminists are actively trying to get anime censored, that's not whining.
The United Nations & Feminists said it's perfectly fine with their campaigns only take into account.
Such as their attempts to get sexual violence of women banned in Japan, why not men as well.

HyperL said:
GOD DAMNIT! I'm so tired of your 'gender equality' threads and your constant whining about gender related stuff.

Why do you care so much?

Yeah, how dare people point out that Feminism claims to be for Gender Equality, but everything they do goes against that.

I got bored of gaming, they're all pretty much terrible now. So, forums have my full attention.
Nah, I have many other things I discuss on this site, like the book I'm writing, which takes place in an Alternative history, which Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan won.
At the moment, I don't really have any priorities, so nothing to do really. I guess halting the Feminist advance on this site is interesting enough.
Why do I care so much? Cause I'm a White guy, and I get systemically discriminated because of Feminists, ever heard of Affirmative Action?
Why should I stay quiet, while feminists influence people with discriminatory ideas.
RuneRemJun 21, 2017 8:43 AM
Jun 21, 2017 8:39 AM

May 2016
Aquamirror said:
HyperL said:

Why do you care so much?

Yep, just watch some brainwash TV and stfu, don't think about important stuff hehe

Yeah, let us discuss once again about the important stuff that was already discussed for like the 5th time this week. Most of which was brought to us by the same person and have the main purpose to function as anti-feminist propaganda.
HyperLJun 21, 2017 8:48 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 21, 2017 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
zodd0 said:
Valkyrie said:

What about females who are sick of modern feminism? Where do we fit in? All I want from feminism is to focus on issues that actually matter (like women's rights in the Middle East, genital mutilation etc) instead of bullying people because of their taste in 2D porn.
Jun 21, 2017 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
This is like the second time I see something regarding on feminism threads here buuuut... I don't really know. Because feminists don't care about males? I don't even know.
Jun 21, 2017 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
There's is no relevant lobby for men's rights/issues but a strong lobby for women's rights/issues. That's just how it is.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 21, 2017 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
Nyu said:

So when Feminists are actively trying to get anime censored, that's not whining.
The United Nations & Feminists said it's perfectly fine with their campaigns only take into account.
Such as their attempts to get sexual violence of women banned in Japan, why not men as well.

It's not just you. I see constantly whining in general tho like "I, the poor man, am so oppressed by that evil spawn of feminists!" The same people laugh about women, who do the same.
And don't get me wrong. I roll my eyes about women like that too. At least in my country. There are dozens of gender-related issues for both, men and women, but they are not life and health (psychological and physical)-threatening and don't hinder someone to live their lives in general.
So, I just hate to see people of first world countries complaining about how bad life is. You can name issues, of course, but don't make a drama of it.
It's like ... it's a big issue for LGBT people here to not have the same rights in marriage, BUT I'm positive about the next years and for now, Austria is one of the safest countries for me / us. So I can't complain THAT much.

And well, I'm not fond of censoring either. I hate that people can enjoy sexualized loli (speak of clearly underaged kids, who are forced into sexual relationships) and non-con in general, but I won't trying to stop them from doing so. I... just despise it in "silence", I guess? Man, I'm too lazy to go on barricades for drawings / fictional work. XD

It's a new and annoying trend to interpret the whole world in fictional works. Of course, I won't deny that fictional work can reflect PARTS of life in general, but even little children can differentiate between reality and fiction. And then there are those annoying people, who think adults couldn't. It's also really dumb and ridiculous, when people think an older teenager or an adult women would be okay with stalker and abusive habits of their boyfriend in reality, because they have enjoyed 50 Shades or Twilight years ago. I didn't hate them, because of the message(TM). It was just bad. XD
For starters, I don't need a message, because I can't stand those holier-than-thou-authors, who try to throw their opinions down your throat.
So, yes, I do know that the minority of people, who are enjoying rape-works are okay with rape in reality. I just hate the fact that they are enjoying it... but the same goes for women, who were so hyped about 50 Shades.

The only thing I ask for are respectable (in personality AND appearance) female characters and not-harem-situations in normal, not-niche anime (not for the sake of feminism, it's because I like it) ... and there are many of them. So I can't complain so much either.
removed-userJun 21, 2017 10:10 AM
Jun 21, 2017 9:30 AM

Apr 2017
mimiiria said:
What about females who are sick of modern feminism? Where do we fit in? All I want from feminism is to focus on issues that actually matter (like women's rights in the Middle East, genital mutilation etc) instead of bullying people because of their taste in 2D porn.

Who here has "bullied" you about 2D porn? I've never to my recollection even heard a feminist mention 2D porn.
Jun 21, 2017 9:34 AM

Jun 2014
Pullman said:
There's is no relevant lobby for men's rights/issues but a strong lobby for women's rights/issues. That's just how it is.

And that needs to be changed.

Here in the west, women have more rights, and men are losing rights. Rights activists have no right to exist in North America in 2017.

Jun 21, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2016
Maneki-Mew said:

It's not just you. I see constantly whining in general tho like "I, the poor man, am so oppressed by that evil spawn of feminists!"

In your country, do you get systemically discriminated because you're a woman? No. Yet, everywhere in the West, this happens to men.
Affirmative Action, supported by feminists, and Governments now.
When men try to go to College, get a job, or promotion, they are discriminated against because they are men, lesser qualified women would take their place, to help achieve a 50% ratio. Though keep in mind this only happens to men, so if work sector is dominated by women, Affirmative Action doesn't apply.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
4 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
29 seconds ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 3 hours ago

24 by EverRealm »»
7 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

58 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 39 minutes ago

3 by KittenCuddler »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.