Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, I'm starting to really like the colorful culture presented in this show.

Looks like Akane is part of a love triangle but she politely declines the other guy as she currently has Koutarou as her boyfriend. I feel like their relationship is a lot more tense than before though especially from Koutarou's side.

Jun 15, 2017 10:26 AM
Feb 2013
Good job Akanecchi, you are absolute madwoman.
Jun 15, 2017 10:36 AM
Jul 2012
That was a great episode. The animation quality is much better than some of the recent ones, Akane was put in a few different emotional situations, and nice try Hira.
Jun 15, 2017 3:04 PM
Jan 2015
Well, I just watched the raws for episode 10 and, even without being able to understand the Japanese, it looks to me like this episode might beat out episode 8 as the best episode yet.

Jun 15, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
Another amazing episode. Had the watch the raws cause I could not wait. Damn u Crunchyroll. Know its not their fault as this series has had obvious production problems. Hope the last couple of episodes turn out ok.

Loved the ending so much I can't stop rewatching it. Oh and GTFO Hira. Never come back.
Jun 15, 2017 3:26 PM
Jan 2015
GundamSoul said:
Loved the ending so much I can't stop rewatching it...

Same here! Especially that kiss!

Jun 15, 2017 5:00 PM
Feb 2013
I was wandered for a while, what happen to Crunchyroll? Why it get delayed?
Jun 15, 2017 5:53 PM
Mar 2017
FredFriendly said:
GundamSoul said:
Loved the ending so much I can't stop rewatching it...

Same here! Especially that kiss!

really? i must watch it!

i think this best episode of Tsuki Ga Kirei~
Jun 15, 2017 6:02 PM
Jun 2017
Another great episode . Even though I watched raw , I do kind of bit understand what they are saying and that last part really got me. Looks like akane are the one taking the side now. It makes me happy how loyal Akane and Kotarou are with each other . That hug and kiss though! Goodjob Akane!
Jun 15, 2017 7:07 PM

Nov 2016
Had also to watch the raws xD

The thing I got for sure was that Hira made his move, dunno if I should hate him or not. He's also in love and I can understand that, but on the other hand, to go for a girl in a relationship isn't cool at all. My fazit in the end is probably that Hira sucks, since he was responsible for the drama afterwards.

Felt bad for Akane, but she had to understand Kotarou too. Getting jealous/angry is normal in such a situation.

In any case I'm glad they made up with each other and in such a beautiful way, went into total fanboy mode when they kissed.

Awesome episode, at this point it's almost safe to say that this is gonna be AOTS, at least from the shows which will be over after this cour.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2017 7:50 PM

Sep 2014
I literally say YES out loud in the kissing moment its so beautiful and I'm glad Hira confessed to Akane and got rejected and now the only hurdle they face is the leaving the town.
Jun 15, 2017 7:50 PM
Jan 2015
sakamoto-kun said:

The thing I got for sure was that Hira made his move, dunno if I should hate him or not. He's also in love and I can understand that, but on the other hand, to go for a girl in a relationship isn't cool at all. My fazit in the end is probably that Hira sucks, since he was responsible for the drama afterwards.

Felt bad for Akane, but she had to understand Kotarou too. Getting jealous/angry is normal in such a situation.

In any case I'm glad they made up with each other and in such a beautiful way, went into total fanboy mode when they kissed.

Awesome episode, at this point it's almost safe to say that this is gonna be AOTS, at least from the shows which will be over after this cour.

It's always a jerk-ass move to go after someone who's already in a relationship and, although I don't know what Hira said, I certainly didn't like his attitude.

On the other hand, having "google-translated" some of the text messages between Kotarou and Akane, Akane herself doesn't seem to come off all that rosie. After disposing of the recyclables, she lets herself get led away, spending time alone and enjoying the festival with another guy at the same time that she is supposed to be meeting up with her boyfriend. If that is, indeed, what transpired (we won't know definitively until it's properly translated), then Akane would come off as pretty stupid and Kotarou would be perfectly justified in getting pissed and letting her know it.
Jun 15, 2017 7:56 PM

Mar 2008
lol the literature club has too many ghost members
Jun 15, 2017 8:08 PM

Jan 2015
God that was pretty hard to watch, but the ending was soooooo cute, went crazy when they kissed. Hira is a total ass, going for a girl who's in a relationship is always pathetic. I'm glad Akane just politely turned him down, and happy he's out of the way. I have a grudge against him since episode 1.

Akane crying was the hardest to watch imo, but I think she understands Kotarou. Kotarou being angry was totally justified, she was supposed to be spending time with him, but instead she's alone with a guy she has a pretty good clue likes her. I guess she's too naive and doesn't even think about it that way. Also, she felt the same way about Chinatsu, so I think in the end she understands how Kotarou felt.

I'm not sure what that book in the end is about, since I haven't seen the translations, but them making up in the end was so amazing to watch, made the whole episode worth it. While watching her cry out of sadness during the festival was hard, watching her cry in the end was beautiful.

I'm expecting episode 11 to be a little dramatic, but I'm sure episode 12 will end up pretty happy.

EDIT: Watched it subbed now, god damnit it's even better. I'm happy that Kotarou is applying to Koumei as well, I hope he gets through.
thiagopvJun 15, 2017 8:54 PM
Jun 15, 2017 8:27 PM

Nov 2016
FredFriendly said:
sakamoto-kun said:

It's always a jerk-ass move to go after someone who's already in a relationship and, although I don't know what Hira said, I certainly didn't like his attitude.

On the other hand, having "google-translated" some of the text messages between Kotarou and Akane, Akane herself doesn't seem to come off all that rosie. After disposing of the recyclables, she lets .herself get led away, spending time alone and enjoying the festival with another guy at the same time that she is supposed to be meeting up with her boyfriend. If that is, indeed, what transpired (we won't know definitively until it's properly translated), then Akane would come off as pretty stupid and Kotarou would be perfectly justified in getting pissed and letting her know it.

Yeah, I'm with you on that, it's partly her own fault, but at the same time I'm thinking she definitely wasn't doing it with ill intentions. It was just a mistake due to her inexperience.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2017 9:05 PM
Jan 2015
sakamoto-kun said:
Yeah, I'm with you on that, it's partly her own fault, but at the same time I'm thinking she definitely wasn't doing it with ill intentions. It was just a mistake due to her inexperience.

Having just watched the subbed version, it's confirmed: Akane's pretty stupid. Instead of hanging out with Hira (again), a guy she knows has the hots for her and might confess at any moment, she should have declined his offered, returned to where the rest of the track team was, and waited there until her boyfriend showed up who she knew was coming to meet her.
Jun 15, 2017 9:08 PM

Jun 2015
The art looked so beautiful. It made the festival so alive. Kotarou did good on his part for the festival. It was satisfying to see Hira get turned down. Kotarou got jealous when he saw him with Akane and decided not to talk to her. I'm glad things got resolved quickly. He even decided to go to the same school she's going to. Their kiss was cute.
Jun 15, 2017 9:14 PM
Jul 2012
FredFriendly said:
sakamoto-kun said:

Having just watched the subbed version, it's confirmed: Akane's pretty stupid. Instead of hanging out with Hira (again), a guy she knows has the hots for her and might confess at any moment, she should have declined his offered, returned to where the rest of the track team was, and waited there until her boyfriend showed up who she knew was coming to meet her.
But the thing is Hira is an important friend to her. She has made it clear her friends are important to her as well.
Jun 15, 2017 9:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm glad that Hira got put down....I was tired of being concerned that he could mess up our OTP

Other than that, the drama was handled quite nicely and the way in which it was resolved as well as everything about that finale scene was just 100/10
Jun 15, 2017 9:34 PM
Jan 2015
Jakerams said:
But the thing is Hira is an important friend to her. She has made it clear her friends are important to her as well.

So, instead of spending time enjoying the festival with her boyfriend who only has a limited amount of time before he has to perform again, you think Akane should spend that time alone with some other guy who is just her friend. "Oh, my boyfriend is coming to meet me but screw him, I'll hang out with you instead." Yeah, sounds like the proper thing to do, right?
Jun 15, 2017 9:43 PM

Jan 2014
Fuck, I was crying at the end of this one. I swear to God, this is the best show this season.. omg ;v;
Jun 15, 2017 10:02 PM

Aug 2013
holyshit
I literally teared a bit at this scene
Kotarou you bastard, making Akane cry at festival too
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jun 15, 2017 10:07 PM
Jul 2012
FredFriendly said:
Jakerams said:

So, instead of spending time enjoying the festival with her boyfriend who only has a limited amount of time before he has to perform again, you think Akane should spend that time alone with some other guy who is just her friend. "Oh, my boyfriend is coming to meet me but screw him, I'll hang out with you instead." Yeah, sounds like the proper thing to do, right?
He did say he'll text when he was near. If he text'd her she would have left.
Jun 15, 2017 10:08 PM
Apr 2017
Hira get shootdown,, but success maked another dramaaa,, like someone said its hard to look at akane and kotarou cry out of sadness,,and like always drama resolved at the same episode,, niceeee

The last part was so beautiful,, scene,, insert song,, so beautiful,, best romance ever
Jun 15, 2017 10:09 PM

Jun 2012
Argggggggg! The emotional rollercoaster had me going good. I was mad with Akane hanging out with jerk face Hira. Mad at Koutarou being mad at Akane. And I thought it was all gonna end bitterly this episode but low and behold, that epic reconciliation! Had me hooting and hollering, so glad I don't live in an apartment. Best episode yet.

P.S. Hira, GTFOH, and don't come back. No one likes a "but I've known you longer" and "I've loved you for a long time" sore looser. There's only room for Koutarou, move aside.
Hit me up on Steam if you want: xdragonfir3x
Jun 15, 2017 10:14 PM

Jun 2013
Holy hell this is so beautiful!
It broke my heart seeing Akane cry when she meant no harm and couldnt tell what she did was wrong.... But that ENDING WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
Jun 15, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Goddamn, if the drama hadn't been resolved this episode, I would've been heartbroken.
To be honest, I don't think Akane was at fault. I understand why Azumi was annoyed by what happened but he should've have really taken it out on Akane. Hira was the root cause of the problem, he should've at least told Kotarou out of respect or something before he confessed similar to how Chinatsu told Akane. Watching Akane cry at the festival was so heart wrenching. T.T

The finale was so beautiful and I'm so happy they got together again. :D
Glad that Kotarou is applying to Koumei as well, I hope they both get in.
Jun 15, 2017 10:16 PM

Jun 2013
FredFriendly said:
Jakerams said:

Dude shes inexperienced and this is all very new to her.... You could see how happy she was when she was running to meet Kotaru, so it was obvious she meant no harm... She made a mistake no doubt, but lets not make it seem like shes some horrible person.
Jun 15, 2017 10:16 PM

Mar 2016
God damn Azumi what are trying to do mess this up for me! NO

Omg I'm literally crying thank jesus! Why can't I have love like this!
You think the next drama is going to she not moving after all a now she going to a different school and a Azumi still going to Koumei!?
UrbanJahtsJun 15, 2017 10:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2017 10:19 PM

Jun 2016
I thought he was going to mess up with his jealousy BS but thank god, it was Kirei.
Jun 15, 2017 10:19 PM
Jun 2014
Wait are there only 2 episodes left?
Jun 15, 2017 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
An94hero said:

If i had to guess, this will be either 12 or 13.... any more than that and it'll feel stretched out.
Jun 15, 2017 10:28 PM
Aug 2009
FredFriendly said:
Jakerams said:

I disagree, as many some have pointed out Akane is rather inexperienced and naive, so she had no reason to see the confession coming. We can see throughout the various episodes that she had never seen Hira in a romantic way at all.

As for her going off with another guy, once again I have to give her the benefit of the doubt in not seeing Hira that way and that she was tempted by her favourite food and its not like she wasn't waiting for Kotarou the entire time, she was basically checking her cellphone for the entirety waiting for him to contact her. If she had been with literally anybody else no one would even bat an eyelash.

I may be one of the few people who side with Akane here and I rather think that she is mostly blameless aside from naivete. I argue that Kotarou should've been less a dick and confronted her instead if it bothered him so much. He could've asked about the conversation and stuff. I mean when Akane realized why he might've been mad she tried to make amends and told him about the confession, and his reaction was to blow her off and ruin what may be one of their last private moments together for awhile if the Koumei thing doesnt work out.
Jun 15, 2017 10:32 PM

May 2015
god bless these cinnamon rolls
Jun 15, 2017 10:34 PM
Jan 2015
SakurasouBusters said:
Dude shes inexperienced and this is all very new to her.... You could see how happy she was when she was running to meet Kotaru, so it was obvious she meant no harm... She made a mistake no doubt, but lets not make it seem like shes some horrible person.

How many times does Hira get to lead Akane down the garden path before Akane realizes what he's up to? This was the second time that Hira maneuvered Akane away from everyone else so he could be alone with her and confess and she still has no clue what he's up to or how her boyfriend would react if he caught them in the same situation again? No, she meant no harm. No she's not some horrible person. She made the same mistake again. Hopefully she won't repeat this stupid mistake in the future.
Jun 15, 2017 10:35 PM

Aug 2015
Jakerams said:
FredFriendly said:

If only Hira thought the same of her, friends don't try and fuck over other friends relationships.
Jun 15, 2017 10:35 PM

Apr 2014
I just wanted to cry on this episode. But some reason I was unable too. T_T
Jun 15, 2017 10:36 PM
Jun 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
An94hero said:

If i had to guess, this will be either 12 or 13.... any more than that and it'll feel stretched out.
Yeah I thought so too with the story where its at and the 6 episode recap earlier. But damn I'm going to miss this show when its gone feelsbadman
Jun 15, 2017 10:39 PM

Sep 2015
He got jealous :P
And no one ever attends to the literature club. pretty funny.
Poor Akane did nothing wrong and he is mad at her. He made her cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs to pay lol. So he is manly when she cried on him at the bridge later though lol.
Jun 15, 2017 10:42 PM
Aug 2009
FredFriendly said:
SakurasouBusters said:

How many times does Hira get to lead Akane down the garden path before Akane realizes what he's up to? This was the second time that Hira maneuvered Akane away from everyone else so he could be alone with her and confess and she still has no clue what he's up to or how her boyfriend would react if he caught them in the same situation again? No, she meant no harm. No she's not some horrible person. She made the same mistake again. Hopefully she won't repeat this stupid mistake in the future.

This time he wasn't leading her anywhere they got the short stick and had to go throw the trash and then he asked if she wanted to go get the sweets that she said she wanted to eat, she had little reason to believe such an outcome was incoming considering her naivete. I get what you mean, I just dont think that she did anything particularly wrong. Also there won't be a third time but that's for a diffrent reason. XD
Jun 15, 2017 10:45 PM

Oct 2015
Man i really hate Hira. Confess to a girl while on a relationship? Pathetic. And he seems doesn't really accepted why in earth Akane choose Azumi? You got a problem with that?? At least he's accepted that he's lost. Yeah Azumi had the right to be jealous, seeing Akane makes me hurt so much. Can't possibly blame either of them, this is Hira's fault! Thankfully they make up with each other. When Akane kiss Azumi, I'm fanboying so loudly and i'm jumped in my sofa like a fucking 5 years old. It's as if like I just watched my national football team scored a goal. I'm glad Azumi applies to the same school as Akane, even willing to go for 2 hours from his home to the school. He still hasn't got a permission from his parents yet, I'm sure his dad will let him, I don't know about this mother though. Seriously I thought this is episode 11, but it's still 10 episodes. With two episodes left, please no more drama and let it be a happy ending. So far I still rated this anime 10/10. I'm disappointed that not a lot of people watch this anime, this anime is the most underrated anime ever. It deserves more recognition
Jun 15, 2017 10:47 PM

Feb 2008
Dude

This went from saying screw Azumi in my head to actually call him an alpha male. But in the end, it was all Akane. Great performance, great character.

Innocent love is always pretty nice to watch. How many episodes is this going to have?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jun 15, 2017 11:19 PM

Oct 2010
God this show is so great. This is exactly what I've been missing for years now. A pure and beautiful romance. I really hope this ends happily for them
. They're so perfect for each other. Best episode yet. One of the best
that I can remember. Drama never really feels forced in this show...it's all natural and realistic. I love it. Knocked this up to a 9/10 overall score for me. A good ending could make this a 10/10 anime. edit:

Also, the insert song is a cover of "Fragile" by Every Little Thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP60Qqjfdhs, performed in the anime of course by Nao Touyama

edit: Hira is a jerk for doing that knowing she was in a relationship. There's no defending that, IMO. I'm really glad to see Akane is the type of person who just straight up tells people what needs to be said. I love her.

As for episode length, the plot seems to be heading for 12 or 13 episodes. The official website still doesn't even have a page for blu-ray/DVD so I can't really say for sure. Blu-ray/DVD listings are usually how I confirm show lengths lol.
KougeruJun 16, 2017 12:02 AM
Jun 15, 2017 11:58 PM

Dec 2011
Another great episode.
Koutarou was quite a shit for making Akane cry and i hate seeing her cry.
Anyway i don't think Hira is a jerk for confession why Akane is in relation because it is the last chance for him and this is a way for moving on.
The ending was amazing with that kiss and the insert song.
Jun 16, 2017 12:01 AM

Jan 2013
Some ambitious animation this episode.
Fantastic episode, especially the ending, which was perfect.
Jun 16, 2017 12:06 AM
Jun 2017
I dont really blame either Akane or Azumi for the conflicts that they have in this episode , because in a relationship there is always going to be a conflicts. But then , Akane's crying at the bridge proves that she really loves Azumi . This episode sets up how the ending would be and im pretty sure there will be a happy ending
l
Jun 16, 2017 1:29 AM

Apr 2017
omg idk bout you but i almost cried. i don't think kotarou's mom would allow him. they better not give us tragic ending tho

still life: pink roses
Jun 16, 2017 1:51 AM
Jun 2017
You mess with Kotarou, you get the friend zone!
Jun 16, 2017 2:58 AM
May 2017
really nice episode...cant wait next episode...!
Jun 16, 2017 3:05 AM
Nov 2016
That kiss at the end was sooooo cute!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

250 by database_animal »»
May 3, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

229 by RGreatDanton »»
May 2, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2017

132 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.