Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 9, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2008
What the hell?!
For a minute, I was hoping that zaShunina discovered love and confessed his feelings to Shindo. Instead, what I got was zaShunina trying to destroy Shindo. Damn!

This unexpected turn of events has left me with a ton of questions that I hope can be answered in the remaining 3 episodes.
Jun 9, 2017 3:08 PM

Nov 2010
Hannah_Ana said:
What the hell?!
For a minute, I was hoping that zaShunina discovered love and confessed his feelings to Shindo. Instead, what I got was zaShunina trying to destroy Shindo. Damn!

This unexpected turn of events has left me with a ton of questions that I hope can be answered in the remaining 3 episodes.

Either way he tried to stick his thing into Shindo. :P
Jun 9, 2017 3:16 PM

Mar 2015
I kinda saw this coming a couple of weeks ago, and I hate it when I'm right.

By the way, has the manga ended?
I used to have a thought that there won't be conclusive ending.

I'm now more concern about whether if this show will turn out to be a complete mess at the end.

Jun 9, 2017 3:26 PM

Aug 2016
DNI_R said:
They better explain this well, because it really was disappointing for the events to turn out this way.
It's kind of weird for zashunina to act this way. I never suspected that he could kill a human and replace him with his clone, but since his understanding is very different from ours, i don't know...

Either way i dislike the direction that show took. I prefer a slow analysis how humanity adopts new technologies, how that affects their daily lives, politics and etc. But i guess they planned only one season and needed to end this quickly. It's sad because the show had a very interesting concept that will probably remain very shallowly explored.

It's like you read my mind! But it seems the two of us are almost alone in this opinion. *Looks at the results of the poll* Oh, well. I guess that means the writers made the correct choice. (Where correct=the route that's most popular with viewers)
Jun 9, 2017 3:44 PM

Jul 2015
DrabinWhite said:
DNI_R said:
They better explain this well, because it really was disappointing for the events to turn out this way.
It's kind of weird for zashunina to act this way. I never suspected that he could kill a human and replace him with his clone, but since his understanding is very different from ours, i don't know...

Either way i dislike the direction that show took. I prefer a slow analysis how humanity adopts new technologies, how that affects their daily lives, politics and etc. But i guess they planned only one season and needed to end this quickly. It's sad because the show had a very interesting concept that will probably remain very shallowly explored.

It's like you read my mind! But it seems the two of us are almost alone in this opinion. *Looks at the results of the poll* Oh, well. I guess that means the writers made the correct choice. (Where correct=the route that's most popular with viewers)

Right now, I don't see why the episode as a whole would deserve anything lower than 3/5. The whole episode was just like the past ones except the last few seconds. But I think the conflict will be solved with talks and more discoveries, like it was always the case in the series. I hope it won't be a cheap shounen battle.

It is too early to say the series went south but I do dislike the ideia to have cocoons and zaShunina as an "information harvester". It almost sounded like the movie Matrix.

Jun 9, 2017 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
wolfwing said:
the antirtropic being isn't evil, he has a different perspective on the situation, his actions are evil, but I think it's wrong to call him evil, he's doing what he thinks is right, just how he's doing it is wrong...if that makes any sense.

YAY someone who agrees. lol i'll admit that i feel like im a little protective/defensive when it comes to zaShunina but what he did was definitely bad. I can defend him by saying that he probably doesn't consider it hurting Shindo because he saved an old copy of him and doesn't understand human values but he needs to learn that's a mistaken belief.

I just hope they don't destroy his character by making him obstinate and pushy. He said from the beginning that he wanted humanity to choose the right answer, that ultimately he would leave it up to them. Him suddenly trying to "kill" Shindo because he thinks he overloaded him too fast is taking away his right to choose.
Jun 9, 2017 4:30 PM

Dec 2015
So Za shunina is true evil then
And wtf that ending , didnt expect tsukai is an anistrophic as well but hmm... How about her family?
Looking foward to the next episode
Jun 9, 2017 4:36 PM
Dec 2016
holy shit. the ending music also adds to the goosebumps.; this show is getting somewhere, im glad i stuck around to watch this.
Jun 9, 2017 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
GAH of course that had to happen (not that I expected the very ending.)

Same old story, no such thing as a free meal!
Jun 9, 2017 5:28 PM

Apr 2013
I like the new Zashunina, question is was he always like this or did all that reading and interaction with humans change him?
Jun 9, 2017 5:39 PM
Jun 2011
Vinyet said:
HelpMeFindAnime said:
Bruh way to fuck everything we knew up. I thought this was going to be a show where humanity expands its horizon and all of that, and now we have shounen superpower fights... Why did they have to make zaShunina the bad guy?! Now i know how the Tokyo Ghoul fans felt when they went for the HET ship. What the fuck is going to happen now? Tsukai is going to do some administrator bullshit and send zaShunina back or kill him. And then confess her feelings for Shindou? Is this what is going to happen now? Until this point in time, i had no idea of how the next episode would plan out, but now..... i am talking too much, guess i will have to wait and see... i cri. Just hope it doesnt go from a 9/10 to a 4-5

There's still three episodes left, and this is supposedly a story that has been carefully written for years (it was meant to be a 2-hour movie). I highly doubt they'd spend 8 episodes of build up, science exposition, dialogue and negotiations, just to resolve the whole thing with a super power battle. I have faith in it.
we still dont know the alien true intensions so we still cant say if he is evil or good
Jun 9, 2017 5:44 PM
Jun 2011
Exeterna said:
So Za shunina is true evil then
And wtf that ending , didnt expect tsukai is an anistrophic as well but hmm... How about her family?
Looking foward to the next episode
he is not evil he just have different perspective on some things
Jun 9, 2017 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
What the f**king f**k? We literally just saw a deus ex machina. I was sort of enjoying the ride, but I'm not sure I can continue enjoying it after what I just saw.
Jun 9, 2017 7:14 PM

Dec 2015
Woooah, mind fucking blown. Damn I love this anime xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 9, 2017 8:35 PM

Apr 2013
Samurai Flamenco feelings.

Saraka best girl of the multiverse.
Jun 9, 2017 9:11 PM

Apr 2013
She always wore this ring. I think she doens't remember she was an anisotropic being, but when someone was attacked by any anisotropic being that ring (a type of lock) breaks and then she returns to her original form. That's my hipothesis.

Episode 4:

Episode 8:

Jun 9, 2017 9:13 PM
Jun 2017
Hannah_Ana said:
What the hell?!

Yup, I wonder why yaha was being hasty and tried taking shindou with him (I guess because he is the closest human to yaha and yaha is kind of lonely maybe.. remember when shindou mother think that maybe the anisotropic are lonely)

And with the sudden transformation of tsukai. Isn't her job as the administrator is to observe (or there are more to it?) whether she is in human or anisotropic form? Yet she tried to influence another people (ex: Shindou).

And if this story end with the battle then it will be very boring (for me). I want to see more of the 'negotiaton' shindou talk about instead they suddenly battling each other (since it's futile too, yaha have all the power of anisotropic). Or there will be another anisotropic being come? Meh.

DrabinWhite said:
DNI_R said:

It's not only you two. I like it too when it's about the interaction between the anisotropic and the human, and how it will affect each another.
Yup one season is not enough. But maybe they need to end it somehow.

But if they always chose the route with the then it will boring.
Jun 9, 2017 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
GuidedCursor said:
I kinda saw this coming a couple of weeks ago, and I hate it when I'm right.

By the way, has the manga ended?
I used to have a thought that there won't be conclusive ending.

I'm now more concern about whether if this show will turn out to be a complete mess at the end.

This is anime original.

The manga came to be because of the anime, hence it started after the anime was incepted.
Jun 9, 2017 9:22 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
I really don't coment on episodes but...
WHAT WAS THAT? OMG MOTHER OF PLOT TWIST.
Jun 9, 2017 9:41 PM
Aug 2015
This episode solved a mystery for me: Why Saraka in a fetal position figures in so prominently at the end of the OP. I thought that it would be something about "The Right Answer" and that she would have a solution. Now it's cleared up that she's had a major role in shaping the world all along, while zaShuima is a meddler pushing in changes for purely self-interested reasons. This is a further development on "zaShuima has a personality now", a trend that seems more negative than positive given his callous attitude.

The preview suggests that the resolution is not likely to be a shonen battle, because Saraka is already shown defeated. Going by what this show has done so far, Shindo will have to negotiate his way out, if he survives. Or it might up be to clone-Shindo to figure out what happened in a later episode. Alternately, the 70 hours/3 days figures quoted in this episode might become relevant: maybe it'll be the rest of the cast that comes in to save the day by disrupting Kado.
Jun 9, 2017 9:48 PM

Oct 2013
WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?
That's what I fucking love, a monstrous plot twist. God bless Japan.
HueBrDeusJun 9, 2017 9:52 PM
Jun 9, 2017 9:53 PM

Apr 2009
KatanaBR said:
She always wore this ring. I think she doens't remember she was an anisotropic being, but when someone was attacked by any anisotropic being that ring (a type of lock) breaks and then she returns to her original form. That's my hipothesis.

She most likely always knew what she was, it recontextualizes a lot of her actions (I've seen people point out she wasn't even surprised at the "infinite energy" thing in episode 3-4) and why she was so against the anisotropic. She describes the ring has a "pledge of faith" so she most likely broke it herself because Shindo was in danger.

I doubt she'll be able to return human, that's how it usually goes for these kind of characters.

wolfwing said:
the antirtropic being isn't evil, he has a different perspective on the situation, his actions are evil, but I think it's wrong to call him evil, he's doing what he thinks is right, just how he's doing it is wrong...if that makes any sense.

He's basically a VN player reloading a previous save because he picked up a bad choice with his husbando and he's heading for a bad ending.
Jin_uzukiJun 9, 2017 10:56 PM

Jun 10, 2017 12:00 AM

Feb 2014
All this time we were wondering about the meaning behind Tsukai's ring, thinking she was engaged. And then they just crooked up us from nowhere!! MINDBLOWN!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 10, 2017 12:09 AM

Aug 2016
Mevamoose said:
Hannah_Ana said:
What the hell?!

Yup, I wonder why yaha was being hasty and tried taking shindou with him (I guess because he is the closest human to yaha and yaha is kind of lonely maybe.. remember when shindou mother think that maybe the anisotropic are lonely)

Same with you
And with the sudden transformation of tsukai. Isn't her job as the administrator is to observe (or there are more to it?) whether she is in human or anisotropic form? Yet she tried to influence another people (ex: Shindou).

And if this story end with the battle then it will be very boring (for me). I want to see more of the 'negotiaton' shindou talk about instead they suddenly battling each other (since it's futile too, yaha have all the power of anisotropic). Or there will be another anisotropic being come? Meh.

DrabinWhite said:

It's not only you two. I like it too when it's about the interaction between the anisotropic and the human, and how it will affect each another.
Yup one season is not enough. But maybe they need to end it somehow.

But if they always chose the route with the then it will boring.

Same with you all! Call me self-important if that's what you want. Human power, represented by governments and institutions, have traditionally been underplayed as an abnormally passive and bleak player in sci-fi stories to bring out the greatness of the stories' new "technologies". At the end of the day it's always the protagonists saving the world on their own with suddenly revealed superpowers. I thought Kado would be a realistic exception with its protagonist set as a government official/ senior civil servant with great negotiation expertise (emphasizing so much on win-win in ep0), and the bold moves of the Japanese government and technology giants like Setten in previous episodes.

But after ep9 it seems the story is going back to the conventional high-up beyond-human beings and powers-beyond-human-understanding formula to decide human fate and the ending, humans are only to accept whatever to bestow on them (at the very best a kingmaker if Shinawa comes up with some great scientific leap in the 3 days).

There are optimistic comments that the story won't end with a shounen style battle, but it seems to me Kado has already lost its realistic and rational style when incorporating another beyond-humanity power to hinder zaShunina's superiority. It doesn't matter if the conflict is resolved with battle or bargaining.
一期一会
Jun 10, 2017 12:16 AM

Mar 2016
Wow! I knew there was a real creepy mysterious vibe surrounding Yaha-kui zaShunina in the last episode and throughout parts of this episode! He clearly has some less than favorable ulterior motives for his interest in humanity and Shindo almost got straight eliminated there at the end! BUT then the big shock Tsukai Saraka is also an Anisotropic being and kinda the protector of the universe and humanity which totally makes sense now but what a surprise! Now that's what I'm talking about some real action and the plot just got 100 times more interesting!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 10, 2017 12:26 AM

Nov 2013
What in the actual fuck! What the fuck is going on, I was legit yelling with that ending, omg. But real talk. I bet it would of been more interesting if the current shindo had indeed been killed and we got the copy to continue on, cause everything would be the same he just wouldn't know as much so it would technically still be him and I don't think it would be a big deal. However my god that ending was crazy this whole thing is about to get a whole lot more out of control and I'm very interested to see where they go with this, this series and great at giving each episode a crazy ending and making me wonder what will happen next!
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Jun 10, 2017 1:05 AM

May 2017
Whoah the Earth's administrator is a tsundere? Bruh

Just got confused about why is Nanomis hein 4th?

Wam = 1st
Sansa = 2nd

What's the 3rd? Is Kado 1st?
Jun 10, 2017 1:06 AM

May 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Majestic. This might actually end in good versus evil since, as for now, zaShunina seems to be something like a collector, an "assimilator" and humanity is simply another source of "food" or "entertainment" to him, just like animals are to humanity(?). Even though he claims the humanity is the supreme product of anisotropic beingss efforts. So enticing, what they want to tell us...

Basically, it's PMMM and Kyuubey all over again
Jun 10, 2017 1:36 AM

May 2013
This was a really good ep, doubt they would go down a battle route at this point. They have constantly been saying throughout the show how shindo is a brilliant negotiator so i think the ending will be decided with words and negotiation rather than a physical fight.
It probably isn't a coincidence that saraka was an international affairs negotiator or whatever. It makes sense to assume she "the administrator" took up that position so she could make it easier for humanity to communicate with zashunina when he arrived. After all shindo becoming the negotiator for zashunina was never intended.
Like saraka could have gone through multiple cycles of rebirth while maintaining her conciousness which explains her family. So when the anisotropics decided it was time to make contact with humans she became saraka "the international affairs negotiator" in her next birth to aid communication
Jun 10, 2017 1:51 AM
Sep 2011
Lol what a mindfuck the only ending i can see is they reset humanity to erase their memory
Jun 10, 2017 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
Things got crazy this episode. If there's one thing I didn't like, it was the importance placed on humanity. Hundreds of billion of stars in the galaxy with hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe. Why did zaShunina single out the human race? I think there could have been a clever explanation why he chose this time and place.
Jun 10, 2017 2:37 AM

Mar 2013
I knew Saraka had be someone really importantly involved in the series, but wow... that was one twist at the end I did not see coming O_O
KilikcliaJun 10, 2017 2:56 AM
Jun 10, 2017 2:47 AM
Sep 2015
Well, this episodes ending was kinda unexpected. Didn't expect Tsukai to be anisotropic as well, although I thought that something about her was... strange. Can't wait to see how this is turning out in the remaining 3 episodes! Looking forward to next week!
Jun 10, 2017 5:22 AM
Mar 2016
I really had to stop for a minute to realize what happened. Whatever, really interesting episode, I want to know what's going to happen next!
Jun 10, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
Well done, Kado staff and Toei!
It was confirmed that there where other anisotropic beings earlier this episode but who would have thought that Tsukai's one of them! zaShunina disposed the original Shindo like trash!

Don't kill Shindo or Tsukai, Toei! Good ending for both please. : [

Jun 10, 2017 8:06 AM

Sep 2013
Ayyeee Tsukai best girl. Weab fanboying aside...

A lot of people seem to think Za Shunina is evil.
In all honesty, in his perspective, he probably doesn't think resetting Shindo is evil at all. As I saw someone else comment, when you restart a route in a VN, are you evil? Probably not, the world is just a simualtion (game) for Za Shunina, a being of higher order.

Another way of thinking about the morality of it would be the cloning teleportation thing (forgot the exact name), which I assume is how Kado's transportation works.
Person enters teleportation machine A. Telportation machine A is linked to teleportation machine B in a different location. All information of A is recorded and copied. A is then "cut" and recreated at B. Is the person who stepped in telportation machine A, the same as teleportation machine B?
Za Shunina might not see resetting Shindo as any different to teleporting him around Kado.
Jun 10, 2017 8:10 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty interesting episode with predictable events. A predictable & cliched ending is on the horizon.
F_BarbarossaJun 10, 2017 8:30 AM
Jun 10, 2017 8:27 AM

Feb 2016
I'm a little conflicted.

I knew zaShunina will be the villain, and I'm actually happy that he was, since he could be a great antagonist who only has good intentions. Unfortunately, this happened.

I'm just hoping it wouldn't go down the dreaded route; they should just battle politically.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jun 10, 2017 9:08 AM
Jun 2017
I'll probably be alone with this "theory" (well in quotation marks, I think my childish mentality, so my theories are flawed ...) But let's go! I confess that it gave me a squeeze in the heart of this ep 9. It was fantastic, but it left me a little anxious e.e. I already felt from some eps that Tsukai would be "right" at some point, even if I did not accept it (after all, who am I to say something?). But I do not think zaShunina is entirely "bad" ... he just seems ... curious ... or something. Several phrases from various characters in the previous episodes have left me curious about them. These phrases seemed to deliver something, such as a feeling, a spoiler (for example, when Shindo's mother asked some things about zaShunina, the question about his family was what most "marked" me ... or when Shindo himself commented that zaShunina seemed more human ... it kind of "haunts" me). In the background, I think zaShunina is not bad ... he just seems to have A point of view that is the "general" of the anisotropic, nothing more. He seemed to be interested in human constructions and manners, so I do not think he sees them entirely as a research object, perhaps, as Shindo's mother commented, he really was alone ... His expressions throughout the episodes actually seem Become more human, especially when he smiles (in my opinion). I think he would just need someone to teach him what he may not have understood, in this case, human emotions and feelings. With the books, he may have learned a little about them but not understood them, that would explain his cold attitude in the end. As for Tsukai, she really surprised me, though.
WhiteKitsuneyayJun 10, 2017 9:43 AM
Jun 10, 2017 9:11 AM
May 2016
SWEET JESUS
WHAT A RIDE
Jun 10, 2017 11:21 AM

Aug 2016
HopbeeK said:
Same with you all! Call me self-important if that's what you want. Human power, represented by governments and institutions, have traditionally been underplayed as an abnormally passive and bleak player in sci-fi stories to bring out the greatness of the stories' new "technologies". At the end of the day it's always the protagonists saving the world on their own with suddenly revealed superpowers. I thought Kado would be a realistic exception with its protagonist set as a government official/ senior civil servant with great negotiation expertise (emphasizing so much on win-win in ep0), and the bold moves of the Japanese government and technology giants like Setten in previous episodes.

But after ep9 it seems the story is going back to the conventional high-up beyond-human beings and powers-beyond-human-understanding formula to decide human fate and the ending, humans are only to accept whatever to bestow on them (at the very best a kingmaker if Shinawa comes up with some great scientific leap in the 3 days).

There are optimistic comments that the story won't end with a shounen style battle, but it seems to me Kado has already lost its realistic and rational style when incorporating another beyond-humanity power to hinder zaShunina's superiority. It doesn't matter if the conflict is resolved with battle or bargaining.

I agree for the most part, though I push for humanity being portrayed as both the villains and the heroes and non-humans being shown in a more neutral light, because I'm tired of the "immoral non-human antagonists vs fair, loving human protagonists" formula. Up until the end of ep.8 I really thought that Saraka would be in the "against" camp pushing her views (and an actual human being!), Shindou would be in the "for" camp pushing his, and the two would have to negotiate, come to a compromise, and present a "common human viewpoint" to zaShunina. I expected the primary conflict of the series to be borne of humankind's own use and misuse of the powers that a being without understanding of human greed, cruelty, unfairness, etc. bestowed upon them with the mistaken belief that "if only these primitive creatures had our technology, they'd be perfect like us!" I anticipated Shindou and Saraka having to reach middle ground with each other, with zaShunina, and with all the other major powers involved before his gifts caused WWIII to break out. But, nope. None of that. Suddenly Shindou and Saraka have fallen for each other, zaShunina goes completely off the rails, and "humankind is the miracle of the universe that can never do any wrong - all wrongs are committed by non-humans, and it's up to humans to right them." (And of course, loving humanity grants Saraka honorary human status, only with added mahou shoujo appeal! LOL)

I still hope for a peaceful resolution because I don't want zaShunina to get killed(?), but my rating has already dropped and won't go back up. That being said, the funny thing is that my irritation stems solely from my own misconception of Seikaisuru Kado being "unique hard sci-fi." If I'd gone in with low expectations, I'd have been a lot more amenable to the recent plot twists.
DrabinWhiteJun 10, 2017 11:47 AM
Jun 10, 2017 11:31 AM
Sep 2015
kuroneko99 said:
The last 30 seconds were totally unexpected development.
The next episode: Armageddon Towa

Learn'd my lesson

Also, Almost everything that was out of place now make sense with this ending.
nemuldarJun 10, 2017 11:36 AM
Jun 10, 2017 12:23 PM
Oct 2016
Esse plot-twist foi muito violento ;-;
Jun 10, 2017 1:46 PM
Apr 2014
KatanaBR said:
Samurai Flamenco feelings.

Saraka best girl of the multiverse.

Oh man I thought the same thing about Samurai Flamenco, even though that one did have a set up to be more shonen-y I guess?

Definetly did not expect the end of the episode, especially not there being anoter Ihou.

What if the copied Shindo was actually the shindo that got in the box before? That would be a suprise...
Jun 10, 2017 1:47 PM

Mar 2014
seconds_to_dere said:
Whoah the Earth's administrator is a tsundere? Bruh

Just got confused about why is Nanomis hein 4th?

Wam = 1st
Sansa = 2nd

What's the 3rd? Is Kado 1st?

Kado is the first.
Jun 10, 2017 2:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009

I wonder where it will go from here now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 10, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
Another great mind blowing episode except that this one was even more bind blowing then the previous ones! Wow!

And that plost twist at the end O_O
Didn't see this one coming...
azertz99Jun 10, 2017 5:46 PM
Jun 10, 2017 6:07 PM
Oct 2013
Japan... should have known something serious would turn into this.

My score from 9 to 7.
Jun 10, 2017 6:28 PM

Apr 2012
I do not like this development.

Eight Episodes - EIGHT EPISODES we were led to believe that this was a purely intellectually-based show. They have gone out of their way to specifically state on numerous occasions that the Anisotropic, the Wam, the Sansa - that you cannot define these things as either good or evil in and of themselves.

Eight episodes there was not a single inkling of foreshadow that Zashunina had any malicious intent whatsoever!

But all of a sudden, with almost zero warning aside from shock value, they decide that they want to give this story a VILLAIN? All of a sudden, and for no reason at all, they want to throw us into a plot where someone is 'clearly in the wrong'?

I feel like this development completely goes against everything this series has been working to build up until now. This was supposed to be a purely intellectual show! That's all it ever demonstrated the desire to be! A show that provides you with a hypothetical situation, and then lets the viewers decide for themselves whether the path being taken would actually be the best course of action.

So WHY??? Why does it suddenly want to thrust us into a plot that has someone fully in the WRONG!?

You can make arguments about how Zashunina probably doesn't think of killing and replacing Shindo as any different from what he's done so far - but that doesn't change the fact that there has been a clear and deliberate shift in how the writers of this show want us to perceive Zashunina now.

They WANT us to start thinking of Zashunina as the bad guy, as the villain, as the one that is clearly 'in the wrong', despite having eight episodes dedicated to making us understand that there is no 'right' or 'wrong' in any of the opinions or philosophies being presented in this show.

And the fact it, there was a better way to spin this plot twist! Everything in this episode was completely fine up until the point Zashunina tried to replace Shindo with a copy of himself. So let's just remove that part. Just throw that bit out the window and forget it ever existed - Zashunina and Shindo could have had a several hour long debate over why humanity should or should not be given the power of the Anisotropic. Heck, from the looks of things, Shindo kind of already had this argument on his own for SEVENTY HOURS! We just didn't get to hear it thanks to the time warping that occurred!

They could have just debated, gotten heated as neither would be willing to budge on their stance, and come to a conclusion that in this matter, they cannot reach an mutual understanding, that there is a fundamental difference in how a human and an Anisotropic being view the ability to manipulate the universe at will that cannot be overcome by talking about it due to difference in how they view the universe and/or the shortcomings of their method of transferring information, as expressed in the early episodes! Then they could have found some kind of arbitrational method of deciding what to do, ending the show with a realistic conclusion that sometimes - no matter how hard you try, no matter how badly you want to make someone understand you - it is simply impossible to compromise and reach a mutual understanding - AND THAT'S OKAY!!!

Instead, they decided to shoehorn Zashunina into a villain's role and make us believe that he has to be stopped at all costs, or else Humanity will DEFINITELY advance in the WRONG direction!
Jun 10, 2017 7:15 PM
Jun 2012
What just happened.
Here was i thinking this was a story about how humanity would deal with fast paced development, then suddenly i'm watching a bad fate/stay night with betrayal and light swords.
It's still good, but i feel it'll just get worse from here.
Let's hope i'm wrong.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2017

91 by JaniSIr »»
Apr 21, 2022 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.