Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Centaur no Nayami' Additional Staff Members Announced

New
May 31, 2017 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for Centaur no Nayami TV anime adaptation has announced additional staff members. The anime will air on Sundays at 10:00 p.m. on Tokyo MX starting July 9, followed by BS11 and AT-X.

Staff
Chief Animation Director: Sakae Shibuya (Girlfriend (Note)), Yukiyo Komito (IS: Infinite Stratos 2)
Prop Setting: Koremi Kishi (Seiren 3D Works)
Outfit Design: Sunao Chikaoka (Wake Up, Girls! character design), Eri Irei (Masamune-kun no Revenge opening animation)
Color Setting: Haruko Nobori (Drifters)
Art Setting, Art Director: Yukihiro Saitou (Hundred)
Director of Photography: Genki Hoshino
Editing: Yumi Jinguuji (Youjo Senki)
Music: Tak Miyazawa (Jinsei theme song composition)
Music Producer: Yukinari Shioda
Music Production: MAGES.
Sound Director: Hiroto Morishita (Fukigen na Mononokean)

PV

Source: animate Times
VindstotMay 31, 2017 9:12 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2017 5:11 AM

May 2012
White haired girl in the PV looks almost same as the one from Eromanga-sensei
May 31, 2017 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not impressed yet by the staff of this series so far. Well at least the PV looks okay.
May 31, 2017 8:39 AM

Nov 2008
The staff and the studio worried me a bit, but the PV looks okay. Now let's wait for a trailer to hear how the actresses sound like.

And it looks like they're not skipping the yuri scene.

Based on the promo, if they adapt it like a standard SoL with few quirks and don't fuck it up, it's gonna be a solid 7/10 for me.
May 31, 2017 9:15 AM

Feb 2016
The music doesn't match the theme of the manga but other than that everything look okay so far.
Till spetic tho .
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
May 31, 2017 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
Also 15-sec CM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2017 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
I think it's time we stop talking about studio since 9/10 times ppl have no idea what they are talking about.

Anyways, let's get to the staff list since that actually matters. This will have a chief director and director. Similarly to AoT anime atm with Araki Tetsurou and Koizuka Masashi. With that in mind, we can assume that the chief director is the one with the creative control while the director is doing the technical work. So let us look at their portfolio: Both are prolific animators who have a number of work spanning to the early 2000s late 90s. With that in mind, we can assume that as animators in the past they have a great eye for composition. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some great shots and sakuga here and there. Especially considering the series director, Konno Naoyuki, is renowned as one of the Kanada-school animators. What really interests me about Konno Naoyuki is that he worked on 2 of the most over the top SHAFT projects in the past. Works where Shinbo's presences were extreme. I am not calling him an ex-shaft guy but we might see some influence in his work. So that's getting me a bit hyped. Machida Touko who is doing the series composition really doesn't have a bad series under her belt. If she does its due to the soruce not her own abilities are a series composer.

Overall, looking at the staff there isn't anything too worrying. Stop fear mongering because the studio is a chinese studio. The staff are all japanese.
May 31, 2017 10:25 AM

Feb 2016
moodie said:
I think it's time we stop talking about studio since 9/10 times ppl have no idea what they are talking about.

Anyways, let's get to the staff list since that actually matters. This will have a chief director and director. Similarly to AoT anime atm with Araki Tetsurou and Koizuka Masashi. With that in mind, we can assume that the chief director is the one with the creative control while the director is doing the technical work. So let us look at their portfolio: Both are prolific animators who have a number of work spanning to the early 2000s late 90s. With that in mind, we can assume that as animators in the past they have a great eye for composition. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some great shots and sakuga here and there. Especially considering the series director, Konno Naoyuki, is renowned as one of the Kanada-school animators. What really interests me about Konno Naoyuki is that he worked on 2 of the most over the top SHAFT projects in the past. Works where Shinbo's presences were extreme. I am not calling him an ex-shaft guy but we might see some influence in his work. So that's getting me a bit hyped. Machida Touko who is doing the series composition really doesn't have a bad series under her belt. If she does its due to the soruce not her own abilities are a series composer.

Overall, looking at the staff there isn't anything too worrying. Stop fear mongering because the studio is a chinese studio. The staff are all japanese.

It have good staff but i am still skeptic about it being as good as the manga.
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
May 31, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2015
I wasn't expecting good animation tho...I'm surprised
May 31, 2017 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
The PV looks actually good in all honesty. And well with the additional staff members around I think the additional staff members looks alright. And with this overall I am looking forward to it considering how much stuff I've heard from manga readers that's really nice.

Also: Just because it's made by China for me doesn't really equal much shit to be honest. Yeah they have a pretty bad track record at times but when I look around they did had quite some decent stuff in the past, and some few good ones.
May 31, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 2011
AOTY material right here bois
May 31, 2017 11:46 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Eh, the studio and staff look kinda meh but I hope they can turn this into an enjoyable show. Only really watching this cause I have a thing for centaurs.
May 31, 2017 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm it looks okay. Moe, Yuri, and Fanservice. Most people will love it.
May 31, 2017 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
The horse aspect drives me away. Looks so stupid.
May 31, 2017 3:31 PM

May 2015
I've never posted any of my reviews on MAL before, but I'm going to post a review with this anime simply for the fact that it has a horse...

The one thing that I'm really going to pay attention to in this anime is the sound. This anime will fail if the sound director doesn't add any "clip-clop" sounds when the horse is walking.
May 31, 2017 3:58 PM

Oct 2015
you know, 10 years ago people would have made a poster for something like this as a joke regarding how dumb anime could become in the future.
well
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 31, 2017 6:42 PM
May 2015
Bruh, this studio has only worked on shitty Chinese cartoons.

I thought I was going to like this but after watching the PV, this looks like a shitty version of a superior version from A-1 Pictures' "Interviews with Monster Girls" or Demi-chan for short.

Jun 1, 2017 1:30 AM
Jun 2011
DarkFatalKnight said:
Oh boy an anime adaptation about girl centaurs and slice of life, looks totally great...!

Oh wait....

Never mind.
this is weird in so many ways
Jun 14, 2017 8:10 AM

May 2014
Look like garbage, but I'll give it a try

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.