Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 11, 2017 9:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's starting to really annoy me how stupid and dense Tomoya is this season -_- Poor Eri man :(

She's gonna break and I dunno if I can take it....Also, best girl Utaha and her words of wisdom aside, was Katou's hair always this long lol?
May 11, 2017 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
Yeah I agree, he was never a likeable character to begin with; but after these past two episodes I almost can't stand him anymore.
On another note, not even random characters can resist the Katou

May 11, 2017 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
Well this episode is the beginning of Saekano's intense drama.
I'm really feel pity for Eriri in this episode (Even I ship Megumi).
I think A-1 should throw more budget to this show (Eventually they throw their budget at eromanga-sensei).
The OP is still kinda low-budget but nice detail on Megumi hairstyle.
One think i can say out loud is
TOMOYA YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER

And a friendly reminder
BRACE YOURSELVES, INTENSE DRAMA IS COMING

Also Megumi is Majestic
masa8224May 11, 2017 9:50 AM
May 11, 2017 9:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I feel insanely bad for Eriri. Aki, do something ffs.
May 11, 2017 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
I want to punch Tomoya so much
May 11, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
Tomoya is being so dense right now. I can't stand it. Poor Eriri. All she wants to hear from him is to say he believes in her.
May 11, 2017 10:06 AM
Apr 2017
TOMOYA YOU SICK BASTARD
PRIORITIZE THINGS CORRECTLY
HAVE FAITH IN ERIRI
YOU DENSE MOFO

man I was in the verge of crying in this ep...seems like blessing software will have some MAJOR issues...the intense drama begins....(..man poor eriri...)
May 11, 2017 10:09 AM
Apr 2017
Vanschia said:
I want to punch Tomoya so much
DAMN RIGHT MY MAN!! HE IS LITERALLY ONE OF THE WORST PROTAGONISTS UP TO DATE
May 11, 2017 10:16 AM
Apr 2017
Eriri is alwaaaayysss pushed around...i see it now (since season 1 guys trust me) now she is on the verge of breaking (this ep) and i dont know whats in store for her in the next eps...(bc of that bastard called tomoya aki)
May 11, 2017 10:22 AM
Mar 2008
Main character sucks.

Season 1 was very funny and the harem/romance thingy was a nice thing.

But now this anime just turned into annoying drama. Drama should be one of genres for this 2nd season on MAL.

Personally I liked season 1 far better with how the 2 last episodes have been
May 11, 2017 10:24 AM

Aug 2014
i think that tomoya actually knows that they love him but is keeping silent , you know like the guy from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai but is not saying anything because he doesn't want to ruin the circle but i felt he was really annoying in this episode and not reliable at all . hopefully next episode will be better this one felt a lot darker than usual
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 11, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2015
tomo you ass
on a different note just marry kato already
May 11, 2017 10:39 AM
Oct 2015
Smudy said:
I feel insanely bad for Eriri. Aki, do something ffs.

which makes me thought of Iori x Eriri I know they're a crack pairing but hey things could work lol
May 11, 2017 10:47 AM

Jan 2016
Tomoya is being a dick right now, get your shit together
May 11, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
Oh Tomoya.....I really don't know what to say. Is it possible to be that clueless (clearly it is, Tomoya is proving that). I hope Eriri is ok, she just busted her ass doing all that work.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 11, 2017 11:17 AM
Mar 2015
Utaha was right about everything about Eiri including tto hat she would have to change to complete the art. Eiri who wants to succeed for Tomoya's sake did change,but now she is paying the price Tomoya also has forgotten that Eiri craves his praise of her art

I see a rescue mission in the near future. Hopefully Megumi will remind Tomoya to give Eiri what she needs since she seems to understand the girls best
May 11, 2017 11:42 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was pretty brutal for both Tomoya and Eriri. On one hand, Tomoya doesn't want Eriri to push herself too hard; on the other hand, Eriri is moving mountains to fulfill Tomoya's goals. Megumi and Utaha constantly give them advice in how to deal with their situation, but it's not clearly helping. By the end of it all, someone's gonna end up hurt and someone's gonna end up feeling guilty. What started as a quirky comedy about otaku suddenly became a drama that wouldn't look out of place in ABC. They said sometimes people suffer for their art; I wonder if that's what they meant.
May 11, 2017 11:46 AM

Nov 2011
Ah this episode reminds me of why I dislike Tomoya a lot. Poor Eriri, the way she worked herself looks exhausting. Hope she gets better soon.

On another note, I like Kato with long hair. Hope she keeps this hairstyle for remainder of the season.
May 11, 2017 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
I don't understand the hate for tomoya this episode what he did wrong ?
May 11, 2017 12:04 PM

May 2015
Tomoya is in a pinch! But if he pays attention to the advice of Utaha (by the way the last chapters she having the same problems that Eriri is having [hearth ache]) she knows what the deal is and if he also listened to Katou all of this would have been averted…

About Eriri the only thing that I dislike about her was the thigs that she did as a child to Tomaya. She is probably the closest to Tomoya, besides Michiru… to brush him off like that because she was respected and fawned over by other students at school (keeping appearances) showed to us last season irked me and the fact that in my opinion she didn’t apologize to him in a sincere way is the thing that holding me/prevent me to root for her like I root for all of the other girls from this show (I seriously don’t mind who Tomoya ends up with)…
May 11, 2017 12:29 PM

Aug 2012
Tomoya you stupid idiot .. get a fucking clue got damnit..
May 11, 2017 1:27 PM

Mar 2013
Rest in Pepperoni, Eriri.
May 11, 2017 1:52 PM

Feb 2016
Y'all talking about how bad Tomoya is as MC, it was foreshadowed of being a terrible protagonist by Utaha-senpai
lmao

shit that after credits scene... freaking Tomoya, you better do something!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 11, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
Depressing episode, I don't even know what the best option is in that case, but Tomoya is doing everything wrong.
May 11, 2017 2:20 PM

Feb 2008
Come on Tomoya have some courage, someone want to punch him for me to bring some sense into this guy?
He should act immediately when Utaha warned moral-kun and look what's going on here.
It's only become worst.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 11, 2017 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
I like Tomoya when he makes a scene funny. I absolutely fucking hate him when he's a dense idiot. Poor Eriri. Kicked in the face after all that work ffs
May 11, 2017 3:07 PM

Sep 2015
Here we go again the god dam drama....
nope can't even feel pity for Eriri she deserve it

Into the Internet!
May 11, 2017 4:24 PM

May 2015
Another strong episode, even though Eriri isn't exactly my favorite girl, I felt really bad for her, and Tomoya is failing big time right now...

That ending after the credits made it all the more depressing. Seems like the drama is slowly kicking in.

May 11, 2017 4:31 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, not very interesting episode.. mainly because of how stupid Tomoya is. He's not only dense but also pathetic, I really don't know what all those girl sees in him... I also found her struggle bit weak plot-wise even though his quarrels with Kato and Utaha were written well. The end was also kinda anticlimatic, I kinda hoped he would at least go there to support her or something. Guess he's oblivious in too many things... and that makes him so useless protagonist as Kasumigaoka said (it's nice to have an anime that is self-aware a times but that doesn't really make bad main character any more interesting).

If anything the little animation details were nice, like Utaha's casually leaning to Tomoya when eavesdropping or Kato's keeping of long hair even further on. But there was some animation weirdness too, proportions and facial expression were strangely unnatural and off sometimes.

All-in-all, it was probably the worst episode of this season.
May 11, 2017 4:46 PM

Apr 2010
May 11, 2017 4:57 PM
Mar 2013
As I still hate blondie, I can't feel bad for her but LOL at how stupid mc is
May 11, 2017 5:44 PM

Apr 2016
The overwrought drama is starting to reach Oregairu second season levels of cringe, ugh

And can the mc's voice actor stop screaming every other line for no reason? Thanks
May 11, 2017 6:11 PM
Mar 2016
pgmhecateii said:
Anathor said:
Yeah I agree, he was never a likeable character to begin with; but after these past two episodes I almost can't stand him anymore.

Protagonists in harem anime are never very likable anyway.

I know its Madoka, Yui, and Asuna in the background. But who's that behind Yui and Asuna?

Captain of Harekaze from Haifuri
May 11, 2017 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
The drama of Utaha's part from last few weeks felt okay and somewhat endearing, but i could barely watch this fucking episode with Tomoya and his usual cancerous screaming, and Eriri acted like a dying cancer patient.

This is just so hilariously terrible i can't even feel sad for any of them.
May 11, 2017 9:54 PM

Jan 2015
The pressure's attacking both Aki and Eriri, but mostly Eriri though. And just like the "Stages" Utaha mention earlier, it's just become creepy since the three earlier "Stages" already happened. And then, when Eriri's calling and Aki thought it couldn't get worse...
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 11, 2017 9:55 PM

Sep 2015
This is a scary cliffhanger
May 11, 2017 11:23 PM
Apr 2016
wait im so confused what happened tbh. To me, Aki seems like he did the practical/logical thing by being concerned about her completing the deadline due to her flippant ideas. I mean changing your style in the day before something is due seems way too radical so I can empathize with Tomoya... I don't really see why everyone is hating so much on him.
May 12, 2017 12:06 AM

Jul 2013
Devil_Slayer said:
I don't understand the hate for tomoya this episode what he did wrong ?

Seriously? Man you're just a few steps away from being a staple dense harem MC.

Let see here,

> The past seemed to repeat itself but tomoya is too oblivious to do anything to prevent it
> Eriri craves Tomoya's support and compliment, and now is the time she needs it the most. but Tomoya is too stupid to realize that
> Utaha gave him obvious tips, but tomoya just took it as a grain of salt. He could immediately go to Eriri's side as she is clearly breaking down, but noooo going to school and doing his own work is more important than preventing Eriri from breaking down.
> Tomoya actually deep down doesn't believe that Eriri can improve her work further
> Just praise Eriri for her work already, godamnit

There's more but this is just limited to this episode only
May 12, 2017 12:38 AM
Jan 2017
Season 2 is getting a bit too deep. and also, the art felt a bit different. I just want the Music cousin to come back, as she makes the show feel a little light on heart. For some reason, I just feel that tomoya character was portrayed as too much of a bastard. The episode started better than the others, as it immediately grabbed my attention. But as the episode progressed, I could hardly show any interest in it.
May 12, 2017 12:55 AM

Sep 2014
Tomoya might be a bastard, but I'll never understand why they treat a cold or fever in an anime like it was Ebola. I had pnuemonia during 6th grade with a 101 degree fever and was still able to run a mile in under 12 minutes, yet everyone makes it seem like they'll die from a fever in anime. Do Japanese people have no immune systems or something?
May 12, 2017 2:54 AM

Dec 2014
well they are dramatising it alot I guess.... which seems sometimes unreasonable to me...
May 12, 2017 4:13 AM

Oct 2014
pgmhecateii said:
Anathor said:

Protagonists in harem anime are never very likable anyway.

I know its Madoka, Yui, and Asuna in the background. But who's that behind Yui and Asuna?

I think... it's the protagonist of Haifuri

[url]https://myanimelist.net/character/132751/Akeno_Misaki[/url]
May 12, 2017 5:07 AM

Apr 2016
It's strange. As a supposed self-aware story it seems they know the MC is shit, like it's part of the concept to make the show less likable with a shit yelling not funny MC. I'm pretty sure he is the reason why the rating goes down. I mean the girls are (very) likable sure, but the "self-aware strategy" of bringing low rate (but well drawn) fan-service and a low rate male lead can't give a good result, can it?
It's like :
_ Ha ha ha! Look how shit he is! Ha ha! Great! Isn't it?"
_ No! He is just shit like any others shit MCs!

They try to make fun of some tropes but they become the trope. There is no clear distinction between the shit they try to make fun of and what they are.
Quite the irony!
Actually their failure IS the funny thing.
May 12, 2017 6:16 AM
Jul 2015
Now I see why the ratings drop for the past episodes
May 12, 2017 6:27 AM
May 2017
Capteemo said:
wait im so confused what happened tbh. To me, Aki seems like he did the practical/logical thing by being concerned about her completing the deadline due to her flippant ideas. I mean changing your style in the day before something is due seems way too radical so I can empathize with Tomoya... I don't really see why everyone is hating so much on him.

Everyone is being over emotional because of the girls here. I think like you, tomoya is acting like a director, he doesnt care how, he just want results, and i would be worried too about my project if my artist decided to change her style to see if works, because a personal issue, near the deadline of the project. Answering Code Lies, I know that this might sound like I'm a cold blooded bastard, but I can not neglect my own life, or my studies because of problems that are having another person, much less when that problem is personal
May 12, 2017 7:58 AM

Sep 2011
I feel the drama is getting pathetic.

Just like (Related to White Album 2 visual novel spoilers)

But Kato just saved this episode because of her long hair. And oh, that slight change on the very last part of the opening too.

May 12, 2017 9:03 AM

Aug 2012
Rather than Tomoya being dense, I think he is acting that way on purpose or for a reason.
May 12, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
I can kinda understand how Tomoya was acting this episode, as it seems perfectly logical to be concerned about an artist trying to fundamentally change their style so close to the deadline. Other than that, while he certainly hasn't covered himself in glory he certainly isn't being as dense as people make him out to be. In any case, the drama of this all does feel massively overblown, but not necessarily in a bad way. It may sound odd to put it like that, but I can't really think of a more appropriate way to describe it at this point.
May 12, 2017 10:51 AM
May 2017
Atavistic said:
I can kinda understand how Tomoya was acting this episode, as it seems perfectly logical to be concerned about an artist trying to fundamentally change their style so close to the deadline. Other than that, while he certainly hasn't covered himself in glory he certainly isn't being as dense as people make him out to be. In any case, the drama of this all does feel massively overblown, but not necessarily in a bad way. It may sound odd to put it like that, but I can't really think of a more appropriate way to describe it at this point.

precisely, he is acting like a director should
May 12, 2017 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
Contreras1991 said:
Atavistic said:

precisely, he is acting like a director should

Pretty much. The core of the drama here is that both Utaha and Eriri are projecting their personal feelings into the project, which is massively affecting their work.

Add in the fact that Tomoya himself is only interested in making a game, therefore he only has one clear-cut goal, the fact that both girls insult him more than they show their affection towards him, and nobody being crystal clear as to how they feel (a staple in harems), and you have this outstanding mess.

I can understand Tomoya being dense on his own, but his harem doesn't make it any better by being cryptic and condensending when it's pretty much establish that he's dense.
XaneKudoMay 12, 2017 12:33 PM
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

206 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

178 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

101 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.