Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 6, 2017 5:43 PM

Oct 2014
wao that's some retarded logic by the politicians...
the hell they actually think this place is a good place to reform delinquents? =D

I'm going to stay here until I got bored and rate it my lowest 6 and then drop it.
Apr 6, 2017 5:45 PM

Apr 2015
Well to be frank I cringed alot while watching this episode lol. The animation is kinda quirky but other than that it was decent.

I just cringed alot when the girls were acting tough and shit =/.

Anyway I just had to take a screenie of this moment.
DFQ IS THIS
Apr 6, 2017 6:39 PM

Apr 2011
The concept is utterly retarded and a feminist's wet dream, if it's watchable at all it's because the MC actually isn't a pushover and is fighting back. I'll keep watching for now, but it's on probation unless I see something spectacular the second episode.

Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Symphyon said:
... they go to the extent of making men drop their dignity as men and its rather weird xD this is like a Feminist wet dream

Not really, it's more like what a sexist would think a feminist wet dream looks like.

Cuck confirmed. Put your plastic sword away, White Knight.
Blind_GuardianApr 6, 2017 6:50 PM
Apr 6, 2017 6:50 PM

Oct 2014
What a meh episode.

So, basically, we have another only-girls-turned-coop-school harem-type series, this time with a school filled with man-hating feminists (and no teachers) who will try to expulse, hurt, kill or force to homossexualism any man at sight without any good reason?

If they wanted to make a harem series with fighting girls and a badass MC, why not DRAGONS RIOTING? Would be a lot more funny.

At least the MC is badass, even thought he obviously lost to that long-black-haired girl who is clearly last-boss material.

Still, i think the MC should have hit that masked-girl with a punch in the ribs, would be a lot easier.

No chivalry with a crazy girl trying to kill you without any reason! Respect the warrior code and give her EQUAL RIGHTS!
BigGilisApr 6, 2017 7:07 PM
Apr 6, 2017 7:25 PM
Feb 2017
that was not bad, the MC look badass, the animation looked weird in the beginning but i got used to it pretty quickly, i liked the combat between the MC and the oni mask girl the kiss was also predictable, however the laugh of that bear loli girl just made me inconfortable

overall 3/5 promising i will watch 3-4 more episodes before making my mind, unlike some people who think that giving 1/10 to animes right from episode 1 is funny.
Apr 6, 2017 7:57 PM

Oct 2016
The only thing I thought about was that this is the perfect anime for feminists.

Honestly, looks like complete shit.

I thought this was going to being a Prison School like show. More focused on comedy. They took themselves too seriously. I'm not even sure if they were making it look serious as comedy. Hope so.

LOL "my special technique" "Mirror breathing". pls no

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Apr 6, 2017 9:09 PM

Jul 2012
I think the green-haired girl is my favorite girl in this series so far.
Apr 6, 2017 11:15 PM

Nov 2016
It's pretty good for first episode. I'm actually not a fan of Harem, but this, I could give it a try because the MC seems cool and badass, and his appearance reminds me of my boy 8man xD and surprisingly, not a wimp and dense like most Harem MCs.
Apr 6, 2017 11:36 PM

Sep 2009
Production looks cheap as fk, and they "generitized" the art style. Fucitol (FuckItAll)
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 7, 2017 1:27 AM

Jun 2013
the OP is so meh but it was good the MC is awesome
Apr 7, 2017 2:10 AM

Apr 2014
was skeptical about the mc
but i am sold he is fun to watch.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 7, 2017 2:58 AM

May 2012
Good episode

Hot girls
Funny main character
Action

Thats what you need for a good anime
Apr 7, 2017 3:56 AM

Apr 2011
Looks good and fun to watch.
MagitoApr 7, 2017 3:59 AM
Apr 7, 2017 4:40 AM

Aug 2012
The main character isn't a wimp like I was told. He's speaks weird and looks derpy while running but oh well.

The ending was funny.
Apr 7, 2017 8:37 AM

Aug 2014
nice first episode . great osts . btw why are people already making reviews on a show that only has 1 ep out ? that's very stupid
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 7, 2017 9:21 AM

Feb 2016
The MC is okay, but everything else is so cringe-y and pretty generic, it reminds me a bit of Rakudai.

that aside I can't just stand of the nonsensical plot of this show, girls hating on men because yes (feminazi) and thats all, at this point the end can be really predictable
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 7, 2017 11:51 AM

Nov 2015
comedy romance martial art tag missed........
Apr 7, 2017 12:27 PM

Apr 2012
well............on one side it felt really stupid but it was funny also. dont know what to say. Based on the first episode its medicore (4-5/10 range) but watchable.
Apr 7, 2017 1:23 PM

Feb 2015
actually, it was a pretty entertaining action series. the story was an okay to me. would be better if the author didnt put too much girls in it. but i really really hate to see that cliche kiss scene as a comedy in the end. i dont like that tbh. it ruins the serious mod. i like this episode because they made it looks kinda serious from the beginning especially because of the soundtrack. the dialoge was kinda stiff too. not the tone but the words. or more like generic. but regardless, i think it was pretty entertaining.
Apr 7, 2017 5:45 PM

Sep 2015
the art-style is generic and sometimes unappealing. the animation is mediocre at best. this is pretty much a battle harem, where the Mc will beat the fight the girls who will then go after his precious dick genetics. most of this episode was exposition, and the characters i can give to fucks about. i would have more shit to say about it, but i will be wasting my time. DROPPED
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 7, 2017 6:10 PM

Jul 2010
Wow that was awful. The animation is pretty bad too.
Apr 7, 2017 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
It seems like it could be fun to watch, in a toned down Kill la Kill sense. I almost don't wanna watch the rest of the first episode since I'll have to wait a week for something I like more than I expected.
Apr 7, 2017 6:55 PM

May 2016
kinda dissapointed because I was expecting to more extensive battle scene, but they are saving budget apparently.
Apr 7, 2017 8:31 PM

Sep 2011
Somehow this garbage is rated higher than shows that started better off... Ide lol. As generic as it gets and the budget shows just how bad this is going to be.
Apr 8, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not fully satisfied with this beginning of the series, but let's face by slapping the protagonist, the comedy at the end of episode and the guy so huge and made up, I would say that thanks to them, I have enjoyed it a little bit, but I was expecting something more in terms of quality in the drawings and in general, the Studio Silver Link, disappointed again.
Apr 8, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2011
As I said earlier now finishing the ep it looks like it could be fun to watch but I will say the the quality threshold is one I wish were a bit higher.
Apr 8, 2017 2:21 PM

Jun 2015
I kind of liked the first episode, but it's also the kind of anime that can become annoying quickly, but for now, really funny first episode ! I like the mc and his dynamic with (what seems to be) the main girl
Apr 8, 2017 4:22 PM

Oct 2008
Seems like this school has extreme discrimination towards boys!
4/5.
matias067Apr 8, 2017 4:28 PM

Apr 8, 2017 7:41 PM

Sep 2014
You know what, this anime seems ok, but I do not think it is anything remarkable.

Will be a filler for this season for me.
*Too complicated to cared*
Apr 9, 2017 4:16 AM
Sep 2015
God, I watched Clockwork Planet and this still managed to be the dumbest thing I've seen in April.

Wait ...

Naxrrhid said:
Possibly the strongest first episode of any anime for the year so far. Will definitely be looking forward to this.

You think this was the best first episode of a show in 2017? Is the only other show you've watched Hand Shakers?

I'd say this comment is the dumbest thing I've seen all April, but it's not even the dumbest statement in this thread. There's multiple people in here describing this show as a 'feminist wet dream' which is literally an inversion of reality. The show is about a 'cool' 'badass' male main character standing up against the tyrannical oppression of some high school girls and protecting his 'dignity as a man'. This is the kind of thing that MRAs would mainline if it could somehow be put in a syringe.

Even setting aside it's eyeroll worthy political content, the premise is ridiculous, the writing is abysmal, the action barely qualifies as mediocre, the production quality is low in every aspect, the dialogue is cringey, the character designs outside of this Rin chick are terrible, it's just junk. Jokes aside it's still better than Clockwork Planet, which qualifies it as just regular junk.
Apr 9, 2017 4:43 AM
Mar 2012
Nice osts esp the start.
Confucius so proud of his sword lolis. White Miku, bear & green hair seem interesting.
Weird school, dragon, dharma wheel & Buddha. Also the wheel disappeared the 2nd cut.
Troll subs "smell you later".
Mc's kinda fun, tho this battle haremy setup could get annoying fast.
What's with BigHead? Not Handa kun again.
Fuyukai & Yorokobi in the same episode.
Apr 9, 2017 5:28 AM

Nov 2012
TheGreatSurf said:
God, I watched Clockwork Planet and this still managed to be the dumbest thing I've seen in April.

Wait ...

Naxrrhid said:
Possibly the strongest first episode of any anime for the year so far. Will definitely be looking forward to this.

You think this was the best first episode of a show in 2017? Is the only other show you've watched Hand Shakers?

I'd say this comment is the dumbest thing I've seen all April, but it's not even the dumbest statement in this thread. There's multiple people in here describing this show as a 'feminist wet dream' which is literally an inversion of reality. The show is about a 'cool' 'badass' male main character standing up against the tyrannical oppression of some high school girls and protecting his 'dignity as a man'. This is the kind of thing that MRAs would mainline if it could somehow be put in a syringe.

Even setting aside it's eyeroll worthy political content, the premise is ridiculous, the writing is abysmal, the action barely qualifies as mediocre, the production quality is low in every aspect, the dialogue is cringey, the character designs outside of this Rin chick are terrible, it's just junk. Jokes aside it's still better than Clockwork Planet, which qualifies it as just regular junk.

Top kek

See you next week!
Apr 9, 2017 5:57 AM
Sep 2015
Naxrrhid said:

Top kek

See you next week!

Don't worry my friend, you won't.
Apr 9, 2017 6:58 AM

Jan 2016
I don't get the hate but. Silver Link key frames and art style are really nice to look at, feels like illustration than animation. Anyway I'm glad they adapted this manga the scanlation team is dirt slowwww.
Apr 9, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2016
TheGreatSurf said:

Wait ...

Naxrrhid said:

I agree and that's funny somehow. Part of the "targeted audience" is so "first degree" that they don't even understand that THEY ARE the targeted audience. It's too funny.

I guess the best thing with this show will be me reading the comments on MAL.

"looking into the abyss"
Apr 9, 2017 5:49 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Very much enjoyed this. I always love seeing a badass MC. The fighting was pretty cool too. Plenty of cute girls around, especially Rin.

I'm surprised at the amount of salt in here.
Apr 9, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
I usually implement the 3-episode rule, but this was.....really bad. I guess its on me for not calling it like it was ahead of time, but, c'est la vie.

To those saying this is a feminist's wet dream... I don't think you know what feminism really is, lol
This is like...the polar opposite of that. This is absolutely going to be the thought piece subject for MRAs and MGTOWs for the next few months, I'm calling it now.
Apr 9, 2017 8:14 PM

Aug 2014
The first episode kinda interesting.
Looking forward for the next episode ww
Apr 10, 2017 6:24 AM
Jul 2013
Lolimancer said:
Symphyon said:
Well the "Feminist" anime just started and well... surprisingly as a person that have read like 3 chapters or so from the manga I'm pretty impressed how they nailed the action part, pretty decent to good directing and nice moments as well. Pretty sure from the source material they haven't really missed much either, but it did pretty nicely with the stuff at hand content wise maybe minor things, but it was pretty solid.

And I still kinda laughed and at the same time cringe at the males moments because well... this is what people have told me at least some, and here's what I'll say it too because yeah... they go to the extent of making men drop their dignity as men and its rather weird xD this is like a Feminist wet dream but then again I'll stop saying that. Really like Fudo and the person nailed his character pretty well, so hopefully as for content wise that's translated from the manga, they will nail the next few ones I've read. :3

You could argue that it's the opposite of a feminist anime. Since the MC goes around knocking them off their high horses.

He's still a feminist, the moment the girls became hostile to him he didn't do shit and the fight took a while even tho he could end it fast but he still
Lolimancer said:
Symphyon said:
Well the "Feminist" anime just started and well... surprisingly as a person that have read like 3 chapters or so from the manga I'm pretty impressed how they nailed the action part, pretty decent to good directing and nice moments as well. Pretty sure from the source material they haven't really missed much either, but it did pretty nicely with the stuff at hand content wise maybe minor things, but it was pretty solid.

And I still kinda laughed and at the same time cringe at the males moments because well... this is what people have told me at least some, and here's what I'll say it too because yeah... they go to the extent of making men drop their dignity as men and its rather weird xD this is like a Feminist wet dream but then again I'll stop saying that. Really like Fudo and the person nailed his character pretty well, so hopefully as for content wise that's translated from the manga, they will nail the next few ones I've read. :3

You could argue that it's the opposite of a feminist anime. Since the MC goes around knocking them off their high horses.

He's still a feminist. When the girls became hostile to him he have every right to fight back but didn't, her first with the girl took so long when he could have ended it fast and it's obvious he didn't want to hurt her

There's a difference between holding back bcoz you don't want to retaliate and fighting back

And he didn't knocked nobody (sho
Lolimancer said:
Symphyon said:

He's still a feminist. When the girls became hostile to him he have every right to fight back but didn't, her first with the girl took so long when he could have ended it fast and it's obvious he didn't want to hurt her

There's a difference between holding back bcoz you don't want to retaliate and fighting back

And he didn't knocked nobody (should have) but didn't. Don't change what happened
Apr 10, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2011
hmmm did i just watch ahego face ?

whatever i guess MC character worth to watch

ooooh just imagine if one of these girls is trap
I hope don't disappoint me MR author #_#
Apr 10, 2017 11:08 PM

Apr 2011
The character design does seem weaker than the manga. The manga had this oomph to it that the anime seems to have failed to re:create (I'll show myself out). The comedy also felt flat at times, particularly at the end. There was no need for that, honestly.

Other than that, I enjoyed the fight. The animation could've been better, but the choreography of the fight scene seemed on point. At any rate, it's certainly better than the light shows that Ufotable shits out.
Apr 10, 2017 11:48 PM

May 2016
Finally not some pussy MC. He is badass
Apr 11, 2017 2:47 AM

Apr 2014

Hm, then what the hell she was trying to do all this time? Gently poke him?
And from material is MC's shoes made of?
Apr 11, 2017 2:51 AM

Sep 2009
Screenplay soooo sooo bad, so shoddy. Infinite disappointment.

Jonesy974 said:
I can deal with the art and animation being a little subpar as long as they do the adaptation justice. If KonoSuba has taught anime watchers anything, it's that the quality of the art can be deceiving.

Deceiving isn't that bad. Looking like obvious garbage is inexcusable.

SakurasouBusters said:
Great start
They seem to be adapting this well!

They ain't.
Apr 11, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
MortalMelancholy said:

Jonesy974 said:
I can deal with the art and animation being a little subpar as long as they do the adaptation justice. If KonoSuba has taught anime watchers anything, it's that the quality of the art can be deceiving.

SakurasouBusters said:
Great start

They ain't.

Ive read every available chapter, it seem to be done well from what i can remember
Apr 11, 2017 10:44 PM

Aug 2013
MortalMelancholy said:

Jonesy974 said:

SakurasouBusters said:
Great start

They ain't.

Except it doesn't look like garbage, and it is being adapted pretty well.

Maybe you should go and read it? And toss the elitist expectations out the window?
Apr 12, 2017 6:18 AM

Sep 2009
Jonesy974 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

They ain't.

Except it doesn't look like garbage, and it is being adapted pretty well.

Maybe you should go and read it? And toss the elitist expectations out the window?

I did read it, but that's irrelevant to its production quality, which is significantly below average. The art style is generitized, and the animation itself is garbage, with few and often re-used frames, almost like watching a slideshow.
Apr 12, 2017 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
so i'm a bit unsure on whether to start this anime or not.

one the one hand, I abhor all this crossplay crap, and having what looks like abusive FeMC's are a dime a dozen, so i would pass,

on the other hand though, i'm reading some of the comments here and some of you guys are saying he's actually an MC with a backbone?! Rarely see that and definitely love it when the guy at least even attempts to stand up for himself.

so my question is; does the whole crossplay/male abuse continue without end, or is it a sort of set-up? I don't mind spoilers

Apr 12, 2017 6:22 PM

Sep 2009
Tasukuu said:
MortalMelancholy said:

I did read it, but that's irrelevant to its production quality, which is significantly below average. The art style is generitized, and the animation itself is garbage, with few and often re-used frames, almost like watching a slideshow.
Considering how low-budget this show is, I think the animation is being handled quite well. The animators are doing that they can with what little they have. Focus of the show is on the fights, so everything else is meh or acceptable/passable. Maybe there are a few re-used frames and slightly badly drawn moments, but AT LEAST the fights aren't a bunch of still frames.

Owari no Seraph was higher budget and used more still frames in its fights (now THAT was a real slideshow)

I reserve the right to criticize a show for being low budget. Owari no Seraph was terribad too, though I never got past the first episode (so I never got to any fights); might come back to it in case it needs to be rated lower.
Apr 13, 2017 11:57 PM

Aug 2013
Tasukuu said:
supermegasonic said:
so my question is; does the whole crossplay/male abuse continue without end, or is it a sort of set-up? I don't mind spoilers
In my opinion, it's a minor background/setting thing. Not that important at all really.

I would assume it continues, but as Tasukuu stated, it was just a background gimmick centered on the premise of the school. Nomura has no part of it obviously, and the only time it pops up is for a comedic gag especially with the fat guy.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

102 by Talamare »»
Jan 2, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

132 by Ziggy0258 »»
Nov 9, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2017

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 27, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2017

95 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 27, 2023 5:24 AM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

51 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 27, 2023 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.