Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 5, 2017 8:06 PM

Oct 2013
zzshcl said:

You can't say that with a rakudai sig tho

Anyways, I have read the MC has some shitty past that make the story more interesting (and explains why he is so shitty), but you know, other average magical school anime have MC with shitty past as well, so yeah, I don't think it is gonna offer anything different of what you've already seen in other anime, but if you liked rakudai, you will like this thing as well

Rakudai captivated me since the first episode, and it was pretty amazing. Ikki had no talent, but his efforts and determination made him a very likeable MC. For me it was a Mold-Breaker in the Magic School Genre, because efforts > talent and asspulls.

It's a rare gem between all the generic Magical Schoold out there. If this one stands up like Rakudai did, then it may be enjoyable. But if not...then it will just be another generic magic school.
Apr 5, 2017 8:08 PM

Feb 2013
This looks like it will be alright....not expecting too much from it, but it will probably be entertaining.
Apr 5, 2017 9:32 PM
Dec 2015
This one was good! I had so much fun. I don't know why a lot of people and scrubs hate this? I mean, there is nothing wrong with being generic or cliche as long as you enjoyed it and had fun.
Apr 5, 2017 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
Hm. The girls could afford to be a little gayer.

But seriously though, I got quite a few laughs out of this. Looks nice to boot.
Apr 5, 2017 11:15 PM

Sep 2011
Soli18 said:
Jotakak said:

I could ask the same of you. Characters aren't default straight. If I asked you to prove to me based off this one episode that she's not gay for her friend, I know for a fact that you wouldn't be able to. In my original post, I said "seem gay for each other" not "THEY'RE CANON GAY" but you're trying to brush it under a rug anyway by calling it 'just comedy' and it's annoying.

Hmm I was simply asking a question. Tbh I don't know why you got kinda triggered. Btw you still didn't answer my simple question.

Extracting from your quote on my comment it seems like you look at this anime with yuri goggles on. And now you're saying that I try to brush this under a rug? Aren't you brushing this under a rug because you are clearly looking through your goggles and base something one just 1 scene hmmm.

Back to your statement from before:
>Her friend has the hots for her and gets easily jealous so no, I'm not kidding.
Could I ask you where you thought Sisti became jealous in the episode?

I'll go ahead and want you that I've seen this guy in a lot of episode threads and he does this with pretty much every show I've seen him post about. He latches on to any slight chance of a character not being straight and lashes out at anyone who dares question him.
Apr 6, 2017 3:49 AM

Jul 2012
After the last seasons anime, this looks like a masterpiece for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2017 4:19 AM

Apr 2016
Some lame clichés, some lame jokes and some good ones.

Cagliyora said:
I kind of expected it to be worse. I did have a few chuckles so I guess I'll keep watching.

I'm not 100% convinced that the MC is weak because at one point they said the he got out of the academy at the age of 15 although I hope that that's just me thinking too much about one little thing they said.

I think the MC is strong. Him entering the academy as he was only 11 years old makes him look like a genius who in the end didn't bother with academic acknowledgment and dropped out "for reasons".
Furtermore the sexy witch let understand that he "had it hard" somehow at one point in his life.

I do hope though that we don't get the OP MC who outsmarts the girls and the girls being just the typical airhead stooge to make the male MC looks better, which would be another shit cliché.

We'll see, but I am sure surprised with the amount of people believing he is useless just because he lost one duel based on only one ability.
Apr 6, 2017 6:24 AM

Jan 2011
Looks like we have a new low for first episode.
Aside from locker room speech everything was cringy and awkward.
Apr 6, 2017 8:24 AM

Dec 2009
Oh god that was a hilarious first ep... it was just so bad.

I didn't expect the mc to be a completely useless fuck, i thought he was gonna have some typical hidden talent or something LOL.

There is that bit about the 11-15yo grad, but we don't know how factual that is or anything...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 6, 2017 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Some lame clichés, some lame jokes and some good ones.

Cagliyora said:
I kind of expected it to be worse. I did have a few chuckles so I guess I'll keep watching.

I'm not 100% convinced that the MC is weak because at one point they said the he got out of the academy at the age of 15 although I hope that that's just me thinking too much about one little thing they said.

We'll see, but I am sure surprised with the amount of people believing he is useless just because he lost one duel based on only one ability.

Probably because in a lot of these magic high school anime the MC when fighting the girl immediately makes it clear that he's hot shit by easily defeating her.

See Rakudia/Asterisk War.
Apr 6, 2017 8:35 AM

May 2012
The episode was so good and fun. A lot better than what I expected.

I wonder if the teacher is actually strong or weak. Unlike Rakudia/Asterisk he got beaten easily.

Klobs said:
Meh, that girl uniforms look like slut uniforms than school uniforms. -_-

How is that a bad thing ?! (unless you are a girl or gay)
Apr 6, 2017 8:55 AM

Dec 2009
thepath said:
Klobs said:
Meh, that girl uniforms look like slut uniforms than school uniforms. -_-
How is that a bad thing ?! (unless you are a girl or gay)
What if you're a girl AND gay? I personally quite dig the harness-looking uniform. It's refreshingly kinky for being a standard uniform and seen as normal in it's world.

@Klobs
I like seeing sexual things that don't automatically imply sex, even though they remind you of sexual ideas. By that i mean i like seeing sexual themes as suggestive and normal (as if it were not taboo), rather than assumed sex-motivating (because it's more or less taboo in our culture). Like if a girl were to go nopan in public but NOT imply they wanted to get fucked by every dude that walked by and noticed. Ever watch Shimoseka? Yeah, when sexuality is discouraged enough from day-to-day living, then any subtle hint seems to form the dichotomy of "sex or no sexual" in the puny minds of the public.

I ask this: why cant you have sexual without implying sex? Thighhighs don't imply sex in asian countries, but in NA, thighhigh anything makes people think of hookers and prostitutes.
GenesisAriaApr 6, 2017 9:06 AM

Apr 6, 2017 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Picked this one up on a whim and I really enjoyed the first episode so far. It's got a nice base set of girls so far and I'm feeling the humor. I actually read all the manga last night after watching the first episode, and if things follow along, this should actually be a pretty solid show. Really nice animation and character designs so far and Glen is a ball-star. And so many great faces in the first episode...
Apr 6, 2017 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
I posted this comment in Disqus and now I'm asking here cause of the replies that I got there that seemed interesting.

I think this is going the be that rare oddity where the teacher isn't special at all and remains average the entire time. But, he doest bring the best out of everyone.

That or he's destined to die due to some history that she caused or is too op and she wants to give him a normal life after living in the mountains for so long cause she managed to suppress whatever it is that was going to kill him. If not kill him then suppress his inner destructive powers, blah blah blah, live a normal life. Get where I'm going?

Two other things that have me thinking that something more is coming. Well, three actually.

1. His flashbacks show that whoever he met in the past influenced how he's acting today. Especially with specific girls in his class (on flashback was triggered when she said/did something and he recalled the guy with the long hair)
  2. The blonde is someone important. He analyzed her in such a way and tried to ask if he's met her before insinuating that she may be related to someone or actually met her when she was child (me tinks she might be related to the older blonde that takes care of him)
  3. Shit...I forgot what 3 was.....ummm....Fuck it. His childhood. We start off with him as a kid. Now he's a grown as man, weak/generic as fuck, and has the "I meant to do that" attitude. WTF happened to him growing up where he had those flashbacks (see #1), lived in the mountains, and had what's her face trust him enough to be a sub?

Something is telling me that there is more to him but the other part of me is screaming that this could be a trap and he's actually generic all the way and is just there to help bring out whatever it is that hides deep inside the girls.....no pun intended..lol

Fredo conspiracy theory end....for now
Apr 6, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2009
Fredo_p said:
or is too op and she wants to give him a normal life after living in the mountains for so long cause she managed to suppress whatever it is that was going to kill him. If not kill him then suppress his inner destructive powers, blah blah blah, live a normal life.
You mean like Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?

Apr 6, 2017 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
XadowMonzter said:
If you read the manga or don't mind spoilers, check it out. Also, I'm asking about something in the second spoiler for those that read the manga.

[/spoiler]

Well,in the most anime when character created a poker face, they have alot more skill at second sight. It's all fake show by him ;)
Apr 6, 2017 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
You mean like Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?[/quote]

Wow, I've actually never seen that. Time to add it to my list.
Apr 6, 2017 2:55 PM

Sep 2015
Two very cute girls?! Love it.
Apr 6, 2017 6:03 PM

Sep 2016
HecticLeo said:
Two very cute girls?! Love it.

yup. That's all this anime has to offer. I never dismiss an anime after watching one episode but if episode two is going to be the same i think that is going to be the end. But i'm curious the genres doesn't say it's an ecchi or a comedy anime.

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Apr 6, 2017 6:14 PM

Apr 2011
MC is a douche. Art was average. 3/5
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 6, 2017 8:37 PM
Mar 2016
ROFL.....not bad........................a bit.
Apr 6, 2017 9:07 PM

Sep 2013
All of the students seem boring but the rest of the cast is entertaining enough so far.
Apr 6, 2017 9:35 PM
Oct 2016
I'm giving this episode 3/5 for the art and voice-acting; it has that at least.

Having read the manga, I have high expectations of this anime, so I'm a bit disappointed in how they handled the first episode since there's quite a bit of build-up before the big reveal (next episode). They could've cut it off before the end of the duel to, begrudgingly, have a better cliffhanger.

Scrolling through of few of the comments, people are turned off by how seemingly useless the protagonist is, but rest-assured this protagonist has yet to show his cards.

Hopefully, this series can shake off its rocky start. I look forward to episode 2.
Apr 6, 2017 10:03 PM

Apr 2016
Yet another magical high school anime.

And, even in a medium filled with outlandish and absurd school uniform designs, these are really pushing the limits of my suspension of disbelief.

That being said, it was still cute and fun enough to keep me watching for now.
Apr 7, 2017 2:41 AM

Oct 2013
Enjoyed. Comedy and sensei is really so lazy and lame.
Apr 7, 2017 4:44 AM

Apr 2016
I had lots of laughs watching this. The sensei is so damn useless... big thumbs up for him! :D
Apr 7, 2017 5:52 AM

Aug 2014
Overused battle harem first episode tropes as expected, except this time, MC is the teacher instead.
I enjoyed Kuusen Madoushi, where MC also a teacher before, so this character setting is kinda fresh, in a way.

Character design also seems good. Rumia is adorable as heck. Not a fan of design for female uniform, seems like it was waaaay too revealing to be a SCHOOL uniform..
Other than that, way too early to judge.

Seems like this will be a decent watch, MC makes this series more watchable than it is, and I'm sure MC hides some OP powers somewhere inside him, no doubt, the question will be when will he reveal it..
Apr 7, 2017 9:01 AM

Apr 2017
Wow the MC gets knocked around by females and the cliche bathroom scene where they tried to make it seem less cliche by the MC saying he's looking at them directly is the same lame excuse used in Phantom World where the MC tried not to grab the girl's breast as he fell and she ended up sitting on his face (so, so stupid)...I'll wait till episode 3 to give my final verdict but show show looks like a 2/10
Apr 7, 2017 12:13 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Well I know what I signed up for when watching this. Pretty boring and stupid overall, I'll give it a chance and watch it though. 2/5 start for me.
Apr 7, 2017 12:36 PM

Oct 2015
"Oh I'm bored and there is no airing anime that I can watch, maybe I'll give a try for this one".
Well I'm not expecting this is will be great show since I already not including this one in my watch list, I won't talk about the story, girls, rival, and villain you know what will happen with school magic show, this show is funny and that's enough.
Comedy season for me, 7/10.
"Look... It's a gigantic killing spirit and you just a woman with an invicible Holy Excalibur. Just sit down and watch me, a man who don't know any martial arts and can't use magic will beat it."
Apr 7, 2017 1:22 PM
Nov 2016
Pretty much of a meh. Episode to be honest....
Apr 7, 2017 5:02 PM

Sep 2015
after seeing the first few minutes of this episode a though accrued in me, and i cheeked if this anime was based on a light novel. why am i not surprises that it is. i will give it some points for not being an isekai, but the content is still rather shit. the story still seems to be generic and uninspired with a twist to separate it from the rest, but than again what hasn't done that already. the comedy is unfunny, the fan-service is unnecessary especially with the girls school uniform, the pointing out of cliches for the sake of cliches but doing nothing with it. The Mc is a shit bag with nothing appealing towards him, and the other two girls are waifu bait. it's still "intersting", but i probably won't follow it while it's airing, but will probably binge watch it when it's done.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 7, 2017 8:56 PM
Jun 2010
midnight20145 said:
Awful,so many points to rage about it would take longer than the whole episode.
Soo,we have 1 mc with ideals of justice,he kills a few people,reality confronts him,he runs like a cowards and starts this stupid farce we see right now.Can't have a realistic mc now can't we?A colder attitude maybe,a depressed or sad one,maybe quiet?Nop,we jump from a mc realizing he's not in some hero tale to a lecherous,incapable one.How?Hell if I know.
Next we have 2 little girls since they probably think we are incapable of handling a normal girl with some maturity and not looking like 12 y old.Too hard on our souls ah?
For real,why give the mc a past which I can't link him too?'Cause it does not make sense this whole transition to his current personality.Hiding in the locker and spying on girls?
Don't know what's refreshing here.We have a buffoon as a mc and cringeworthy comedy.
Oh and forgot about the ears of the girl.Fucking ears.

He could be god for all I care,his personality takes all the screen for me.I can't bother to want the honey when I have bees stinging my eyes.

THIS!

And... This isn't funny...

It's just creepy and disgusting.
Apr 7, 2017 10:40 PM

Oct 2008
That MC Glenn, I think there's more to him than being a solid goof!
5/5.

Apr 7, 2017 10:55 PM

May 2015
that was pretty funny lmao. looks fun
Apr 8, 2017 1:24 AM

Jun 2016
they're in school?? really?? with that dress code? WOW
Apr 8, 2017 4:11 AM
Mar 2012
Cliche count over 4, 1 diverted by wind, 1 by meta. Lol that duel he not even trying. Probably holding back, seems magic requires removing the left glove but he didn't.
Yuri already. Weird uniform. Are those ears real?
Glenn seems neet. Comedy was ok hit & miss.
Apr 8, 2017 5:22 AM

Dec 2014
I thought that he was gonna get all "serious" at the end but no.
I Think I know what's gonna happen, but I'll watch it anyways.
Apr 8, 2017 7:11 AM
Feb 2015
NG_Calen said:
Hyde_X said:
Typical harem. Sisti's funny.

This isn't a harem. I've read the original
youve read the light novel ?
Apr 8, 2017 7:12 AM
Feb 2015
joe_g7 said:
What's up with those kinky school outfits? Lol

Other than that it was quite boring, losing that duel was pretty lame.
is this like hundred lol im like wtf is this anime
Apr 8, 2017 7:13 AM
Feb 2015
Aeonenleben said:
And another one produced directly for the trashcan.

2/10 dropped
i was asking myself wtf is this
Apr 8, 2017 8:08 AM

Dec 2015
darklord213 said:
joe_g7 said:
What's up with those kinky school outfits? Lol

Other than that it was quite boring, losing that duel was pretty lame.
is this like hundred lol im like wtf is this anime
Comparing an anime to trash by the first episode? Don't. It might get offended.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 8, 2017 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
A lot of love and hate with this from readings people posts.
I watched the whole episode, I didn't stop halfway or anything and I personally didn't enjoy it.

After 15min in or so it was a struggle to watch as I didn't find it entertaining enough or cared for the characters. I also didn't find it that funny, I think I did laugh out loud twice.
Didn't mind the animation though.
Apr 8, 2017 11:31 AM
Sep 2016
I'm always really easily impressed, but I thought this episode was really funny
Apr 8, 2017 3:45 PM

Aug 2013
Sensei is pretty annoying, but setting, art and 2 main female characters are interesting. I'm not completely sold, but I'm looking forward for seeing next episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 9, 2017 12:21 AM

Dec 2011
When the MC act like a perfect and strong alpha male everyone complained and called it cliche... When we finally have an MC that don't act like an alpha male that ignorant to girls feelings male... everyone complained. Guess you could never satisfy MAL's viewers.

Anyway, Sisti is really cute, for those who already read the LN, does Glenn end up with Sisti or the other girl? Or is it will be love triangle?
Apr 9, 2017 12:29 AM

Dec 2011
Jotakak said:
Soli18 said:

Hmm I was simply asking a question. Tbh I don't know why you got kinda triggered. Btw you still didn't answer my simple question.

Extracting from your quote on my comment it seems like you look at this anime with yuri goggles on. And now you're saying that I try to brush this under a rug? Aren't you brushing this under a rug because you are clearly looking through your goggles and base something one just 1 scene hmmm.

Back to your statement from before:
>Her friend has the hots for her and gets easily jealous so no, I'm not kidding.
Could I ask you where you thought Sisti became jealous in the episode?

You're the one that felt the need to respond to my original post. Your question is irrelevant as I have already proven. I wasn't basing anything off of one scene. It was an overall observation not a statement. Also, you're thinking of just the changing room scene which was extremely gay but I was actually talking about in general. As for the jealousy part I mentioned, I'm referring to the scene where Sisti's friend is chatting with the teacher at lunch. Anyway, I think you're looking at this with /hetero/ goggles because there's a lot more implying she's possibly gay than anything else and I'm not even stating she is so how about you stop being 'triggered' lolol Big fucking whoop if I think she might possibly be gay for her friend. Get the fuck over it and next time make your own post to write your comments on instead of quoting me

Also, I don't want to hear another word out of you when you have 'Genres I dislike: Yuri' on your profile because clearly you're the biased one

No wonder you're so upset but apparently I'm the triggered one lmao

(Also I find it ironic that the first sentence on your profile is that you're a very open person)

Meh, they are not gay to each other, that was clearly for fanservice purpose. It's normal in anime for girls to be touchy with each other. Also they were shown to be best friends and close loke sisters, so if an unknown annoying guy suddenly act close of course she didnt like it
Apr 9, 2017 4:16 PM

Oct 2013
Why are the girls dressed like strippers?
Apr 9, 2017 9:35 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
uran10 said:
MoeGod said:

Isn't Oushitsu that bishounen anime? how is it a surprise that a Konosuba clone is rated higher than an anime that most guys would avoid?

This will be nothing like konosuba. Just keep watching you'll understand

Seriously!? Thank god!

I'll be damned if this were like KonoSuba

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 9, 2017 10:20 PM

Nov 2009
Justice_Rocks said:
Dont get why everyone is hating on it already, I found it quite entertaining and cant wait to watch future episodes!

Well, it's pretty transparent that this anime isn't going to have an amazing plot. It' a character-driven show.
And the male lead sucks. He is like all my bad teachers rolled into one (except the old man whose age was getting to him).

ttcchen said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was dumb with the way it started. The MC (being wet) making an awkward introduction to the girls while attempting to look cool.

You can say the start is cliche, but dumb isnt the right word. How would u make a "smart" start? It doesnt even make sense

Smart start, you say? Maoyuu Maou Yuusha starts with Evil Overlord lecturing Hero about economic effects of war, and that to stop wars, they have to solve economic problems first. And they agree to do just that.
That was smart on all kinds of levels.

Mezter said:
The comedy may seem awkward but that kind of MC is quite refreshing, after years of bland MCs in battle harems.

One thing I like about most battle harems is that the MC is a likeable person, something too many MCs lack. The way it goes, I'll have to lump this one with Hagure Yuusha and that guy from DxD. Disgusting.

Defunct00001 said:
Feels like a re-aired "magical academy" show from a year ago. Totally worthless.

Except it's the total opposite, with capable students and a teacher you want to smack.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

259 by Firumuruart »»
Jun 7, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.