Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2017 11:31 AM

Oct 2014
that last scene

dafuk xD
Jan 13, 2017 11:35 AM

Apr 2015
Shrimperor said:
that last scene

dafuk xD

She even bit her tongue at the end XD Literally dying
Jan 13, 2017 11:36 AM

Nov 2012
My nr1 anime this season :D
Great story of becoming evil :D

Jan 13, 2017 11:39 AM

Sep 2012
Well I thought this could be best anime of the season besides the continuations.

Glad I was not wrong.
Jan 13, 2017 11:45 AM

Jan 2017
iwsifakismag said:
Now that it filled the missing information from the previous episode i think it is one of the best animes this season imo <3 (^_^)

Yessss, we guessed this one! :D

Jan 13, 2017 11:47 AM
Mar 2016
Aw, Tanya is getting badder by the moment.

So , I'm guess this Being X is God.
Jan 13, 2017 11:48 AM

Sep 2016
there are actually clear premise, setting, plot and character in this episode
what kind of idiot decided to air that mindless battle nazi episode 1 as episode 1?
I'll just wait for receptions after ending since this is from unfinished shitty medium called light novel
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 13, 2017 11:52 AM
Oct 2013
Tokoya said:
Adviel said:
Some people are saying that this should have been the first episode. I disagree having a cold opening that leaves you wanting more is better then having the story start with a flash back.
The firs episode introduced us to the world and an unusual character at odds with her appearance, wile the second episode gives us the backstory and an explanation of her personality.
I feel the same way...Couldn't agree with you more

Just a matter of preference. Either way would work well. As long as the explanation of the story and setting is on episode 1 or 2, it's fine.

Though I have to say EP2 is a lot better than EP1. I think this is probably why some people are saying this should be EP1.
ExplodingGirlJan 13, 2017 11:57 AM
Jan 13, 2017 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Oh they changed the conversation with being X in this way? Personally I don't mind, I thought this was executed well. Also the sound effects are on point, no wonder it's the f/z, baccano guy.

Nuts is doing a good job so far, let's see.
Jan 13, 2017 12:33 PM
Jan 2011
anyone know who the guy was with the monocle at the end? looked like he was making or doing something with the necklace Tanya had. so im assuming hes a good guy right?
Jan 13, 2017 12:41 PM

Apr 2009
The premise is nothing short of ridiculous, but the show itself is really well-paced, the SFX is pretty damn good, and most importantly: it's just hell of a fun to watch. I can stomach quite a bit of inane hodgepodge if it provides quality entertainment, and so far I've been really enjoying the ride.

Jan 13, 2017 12:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Next Time
DEUS VULT
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 13, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
Omg, the beginning of this was just hilarious. The dude just calming discussing with a being who called themselves god. And then the instructor scene and the "suicidal" attack LOL

I love this series already.

Jan 13, 2017 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
Assuming this was Death Parade and that guy pushed to hard and fell on the train lines as well. What do you thing Decim would decide? Who would get reincarnated and who would be sent to oblivion? Who was more moral the guy who did his job or the guy that slaked of and committed murder.
Jan 13, 2017 1:19 PM
Oct 2014
ep 01 = shit
ep 02 = WTF
ep 1+2 = masterpiece
an anime with a great potential and a great MC .i really can see a good story and i wish that they don't disappoint me .
Jan 13, 2017 1:21 PM
Oct 2016
wow the first 5 mins were something else
Jan 13, 2017 1:53 PM

Nov 2016
I already loved Tanya's character but the salaryman is great as well. Even when he was about to die and this god appeared he still had total confidence in his reasoning and his beliefs.

Air magic fights are awesome

I laughed when she considered contacting a child protection agency xD

The face she was making before the cameraman started filming gave me the creeps xD
Jan 13, 2017 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
That god really is an asshole. I hope, that the dick, who pushed the MC was/will be punished by god too.

Overall the episode was quite good, with showing Tanya's background and nice combat action. It's not as explicit as the manga, but that was to be expected.

The enemy soldiers were total morons. They crossed the border and weren't ready for actual combat. Well, they got what was coming to them.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 13, 2017 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
Here we have the Entente Alliance / Federation (as sky had translated it first), who clearly have equipment based on more colder climates, with the mages in fur coast and on SKIS. They might have more stability when moving like... skiers do, but that's about all the benefits that offers.

Then we previously had the Republic with their 'metal horses', who seem to offer better stability when stationary and firing, but on the other hand most likely has very poor sharp turns and absolutely no loops.

Then we have the Empire as demonstrated by Tanya. They could be likened to having a jet thruster attached to one leg. It offers very good mobility as Tanya shows, but it probably requires more practice than the others, and might not necessarily be that steady when stationary.

So, 3 totally different ideas for 3 different nations with somewhat different climates (some similarities, but not all), none of them perfect, all of them with good and bad points.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jan 13, 2017 2:48 PM

May 2012
Best anime in this season in my opinion. It is much better than the overrated Ao no Exorcist (I like Exorcist but Youjo Senki is more entertaining to watch)
Jan 13, 2017 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
This was a meh episode but surprised to see prolouge little earlier, (since I have seen many anime like this and showed up prolouge ep later) but its good to see boring things earlier.

I didnt find any character amusing beside that side girl on episode 1. I hope later episode I will get the CG feeling....which I am waituimg for
Jan 13, 2017 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode, one of the best this season.
It's kind of strange to be reborn in another universe where 'magic' exists.
Jan 13, 2017 3:03 PM

Oct 2016
...the fuck were those first 5 or so minutes?

I mean I get how it related to this anime, and it was interesting if bizarre, but it felt so out-of place. It would've been less jarring if it were in the first episode, but not the very first scene, idk.

That self-destruct move was awesome though.
Jan 13, 2017 3:07 PM

May 2015
Oh, kinda weird that the first episode wasn't used for the prologue instead. It was pretty good in my opinion. Tanya really looked like a scary doll at the end though, lol.

Jan 13, 2017 3:11 PM

Dec 2016
Wow what a story that was. Definitely didn't expect anything like that.

Also that power she has at just 9 years old, I can't even begin to imagine what kind of monster Tanya will turn out to be in later years if they are shown.

That last part was funny.
Jan 13, 2017 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
Very interesting episode
I feel bad for that poor guy xD Btw nice Overlord ad :D
This is getting even more interesting, can't wait for next episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 13, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
ExxBlack said:
OVERLORD easter egg :)

Literally the best part of this episode alongside that glorious MYTH & ROID song XD
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 13, 2017 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
Still not sold on this but at least it was mildly entertaining this time around. So far it's just coming off as another edgelord centric series but here's to hoping it gets better. That glorious song though.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 13, 2017 3:37 PM

Sep 2015
Lol we know her/or is it his story now. Reminds me of Re:Monster.
Jan 13, 2017 3:40 PM
Jan 2017
They undermined the integrity of their own narrative. This should have been ep1. Here's why:

Ep.2; introduces the main conflict of Tanya vs. Being X; faith vs. faithlessness. Shows what's possiblly a proxy for Being X making magic trinket.

Ep.1; Shows Tanya invoking the name of God in her incantations, using magic trinket.

This is NOT how good storytelling works. It's out of order. Mystery gone. No tension, no buildup, we already got the payoff. Doing this was incredibly dumb and bad.

Either way, I'm still in. The convo with Being X sold it.
Rook81Jan 13, 2017 4:38 PM
Jan 13, 2017 4:15 PM

Feb 2016
Rook81 said:
Adviel said:
Some people are saying that this should have been the first episode. I disagree having a cold opening that leaves you wanting more is better then having the story start with a flash back.
The firs episode introduced us to the world and an unusual character at odds with her appearance, wile the second episode gives us the backstory and an explanation of her personality.

Also why did so many people spoil the reveal last week. I thought this was supposed to be an anime only forum.
Having a cold open *can* work right, but they undermined the integrity of their own narrative. Here's how:

Ep.2; introduces the main conflict of Tanya vs. Being X; faith vs. faithlessness. Shows what's possiblly a proxy for Being X making magic trinket.

Ep.1; Shows Tanya invoking the name of God in her incantations, using magic trinket.

This is NOT how good storytelling works. It's out of order. Mystery gone. No tension, no buildup, we already got the payoff. Doing this was incredibly dumb and bad.

Also, it wouldn't have been a flashback if ep 2 came first. It would have been showing events in order, as they happen. What we have is a flash FORWARD, then return to normal timeline. Or everything after ep1 is a flashback? Horray for muddying up timelines!

Either way, I'm still in. The convo with Being X sold it.

Id advise reading that post again and writing something relevant but taking the capability into consideration e.g. 'I would like to see the 2 eps in reverse order'

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jan 13, 2017 4:41 PM

Aug 2016
So its a dude in a loli body....

....is it considered a trap now? or...
Jan 13, 2017 4:45 PM
Jan 2017
Dishonest said:

Id advise reading that post again and writing something relevant but taking the capability into consideration e.g. 'I would like to see the 2 eps in reverse order'
Better? I couldn't quite follow what you meant, so edited the best I could.

I'd like to see ep2 be ep1, but ep1 belongs waaaay down the line. They put the end at the beginning.
Jan 13, 2017 5:03 PM

Jun 2014
Thought I was watching the wrong anime at first lol.

I can't help but chuckle at the fact that out of every form the salaryman could have taken upon reincarnation, it just has to be the form of a loli.

Anyway, it was nice getting some background info on Tanya in this episode. Also, the ending was funny, you could tell Tanya wanted to die at that moment.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 13, 2017 5:07 PM

Sep 2015
And here is the needed backstory for our little fairy monster. Unfortunately ended up picking a fight with "Being X".
Loved that they put the little side story at the end. You can just tell he is killing herself in the inside being subjected to that.
Jan 13, 2017 5:35 PM
Jan 2016
Rook81 said:
Dishonest said:

I'd like to see ep2 be ep1, but ep1 belongs waaaay down the line. They put the end at the beginning.

You're assuming the events of episode one is the "payoff", thus ruining all the buildup of the subsequent episodes, but it isn't, thus it really doesn't; chronologically the events of episode 1 takes place immediately after the events that will be shown in episode 3, there's a ton of material afterwards that hasn't even been touched yet.
Jan 13, 2017 5:51 PM

Jul 2016
So... here's a huge question!

Is that loli an actual trap?

A grown man's "mind" inside a loli body.

Jan 13, 2017 6:02 PM

Dec 2014
well that was quite interesting... I am so loving thi enemy tanya looks so badass and so fun to watch....
Jan 13, 2017 6:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
MysteriousBanana said:
Rook81 said:

You're assuming the events of episode one is the "payoff", thus ruining all the buildup of the subsequent episodes, but it isn't, thus it really doesn't; chronologically the events of episode 1 takes place immediately after the events that will be shown in episode 3, there's a ton of material afterwards that hasn't even been touched yet.
Preach my friend, preach
Jan 13, 2017 6:26 PM

Sep 2014
This would've been a much better starter episode. Although I can see why this was used as an ep 2 rather than 1.
Jan 13, 2017 7:37 PM

Dec 2016
Looks like the Salaryman reincarnated to a little girl in the past. hmm Interesting.
Jan 13, 2017 8:04 PM
Nov 2007
Not sure why the show isn't higher ranked. This has been epic so far
Jan 13, 2017 8:07 PM

Sep 2010
thebrentinator24 said:
Thought I was watching the wrong anime at first lol.

I can't help but chuckle at the fact that out of every form the salaryman could have taken upon reincarnation, it just has to be the form of a loli.

Anyway, it was nice getting some background info on Tanya in this episode. Also, the ending was funny, you could tell Tanya wanted to die at that moment.

Existence X likes to mess with him that's why a loli. If i remember well he despises frivolousness and he considered many women frivolous. I'm not looking over the novel again but that's what i remember.

RediceRyan said:
Another great episode, one of the best this season.
It's kind of strange to be reborn in another universe where 'magic' exists.

He was reincarnated in a world with magic because he says that they don't need faith because they have science and you can explain all with it, magic or supernatural doesn't exist. Then existence X says that he will send him a magic world too. I don't know if it is said in this episode. That's not the exact wording, but you understand i suppose :P .
Jan 13, 2017 8:17 PM

Jun 2013
So Tanya is twisted. She believes that you should only be logical and follow the rules no matter what as that will ensure your survival and success in life. Those who don't follow the rules don't deserve to live, which was also seen in the first episode with how she had those soldiers killed. He doesn't have the slightest bit of empathy or sympathy or whatever and thanks to that, a person he fired pushed him in front of the train. And the god he refuses to believe in gives him his final chance to become a believer, albeit with tons of handicaps. An orphan in a messed up war torn world with magic and a butt ugly face to boot lol. Tanya wanted to live a relatively less hectic life not on the front lines, but she unfortunately survived and didn't die heroically lol. Tanya trying to act cute looked super creepy instead of cute partly because you know that there's a monster hidden behind that cutesy smile.

Everyone was thinking the same thing about her "she's as young as my imouto/daughter." And this young girl ends up kicking their ass lol. She was going to show those soldiers hell and they underestimated her lol.

I liked this episode. The previous episode showed how tanya looks in action and this episode showed how she ended up like that. I think this worked well this way. Really like this crazy loli. The animation during the fight was cool. Liked those explosions. And that Overlord advertisement.
Jan 13, 2017 8:19 PM

Sep 2016
The first episode did not really hook me but this episode was amazing. I was really not expecting this kind of story.
Jan 13, 2017 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
livingdarknet said:
My nr1 anime this season :D
Great story of becoming evil :D
]

brilliant Wit...

Jan 13, 2017 8:36 PM

May 2010
Hahaha! I love this ep. Backstory and Tanya's pov is awesome. Learnt a bit of his personality and motivation. I really dont want to see that orange haired girl again... but oh well.
Jan 13, 2017 8:59 PM

Jun 2013
This was so much better than the first episode!\Excited to see more
Jan 13, 2017 9:40 PM
Jun 2016
Really getting into this show. Loved the background given in this episode and it was really well done as well.

Action scenes are nice to look too.
Jan 13, 2017 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
i knew she was just like cagliostro so this episode made it so much clearer, i'm enjoying it still just for seeing how crazy Tanya get's that Gotcha! scene was great

was pumped to hear more Myth& Roid
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

125 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 21, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

111 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 15, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

176 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 13, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

187 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 8, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.