Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2017 8:08 PM
Jan 2016
[quote=GamerDLM message=49236956][quote=SigmaOP message=49236902]I don't really understand what number 49 means.

Oh, sorry lol. Thanks alot.
Ensen_Jan 6, 2017 8:12 PM
Jan 6, 2017 8:12 PM

Jul 2015
Retrem said:
The link to my bingo card isn't working, just posts the url (not the link to the url). Any suggestions on how to fix this? Am I missing something?

You have to copy/paste the picture link for the bingo card itself and substitute it in for that placeholder.

Ahhh, okay! The picture link wasn't working at first but I got it now. Thank you! :)
Jan 6, 2017 8:18 PM

Apr 2011
ToramOnline said:
"Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601"

is that means an anime with a higher ranking than 601, or a lower ranking than 601?

also, can i use kuroshitsuji II as "anime with a live action movie"??

it would be also nice if someone suggested me an anime

I'd assume it can't be anything in the top 600. It'd be strange to require something in the top 601 instead of the 600, so it must mean something outside the top 600.

I'm not sure about the live action question.

For a rec, how about Sword of the Stranger or Cowboy Bebop?
Jan 6, 2017 8:24 PM

Apr 2011
Plate said:
Need a recommendation for #59 as well.

How about Harmony, Strange Dawn, or Tale of the Street Corner?
Jan 6, 2017 8:24 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
TrustTheFungus said:
I could use a rec for #59. I'd prefer a movie, ova, or 13 episode series.

Ren-chan said:
Need a rec for 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

I like school anime, mystery, detective. I hate sports.

How about Hyouka? Or maybe Gankutsuou or Haibane Renmei?

I'll go with Gankutsuou, thank you very much :D
Jan 6, 2017 8:32 PM

Dec 2010
Just asking for someone to recommend me an anime to watch. I pull lucky number 59 out of the bingo hat. :)
Jan 6, 2017 8:36 PM
Jul 2016
How do I get a recomendation for #59?
Jan 6, 2017 8:40 PM

Apr 2011
GamerDLM said:
I guess I could also take this time to get some recommendations. Only genres I tend to avoid are sports, shounen ai, and dementia, preferably less than 50 episodes.

How about Magic User's Club or Madam is a Magical Girl?
Jan 6, 2017 8:45 PM

Jul 2012
TrustTheFungus said:
GamerDLM said:
I guess I could also take this time to get some recommendations. Only genres I tend to avoid are sports, shounen ai, and dementia, preferably less than 50 episodes.

How about Magic User's Club or Madam is a Magical Girl?

I think I'm going to go with Magic User's Club. Thank you for the recommendation.
Jan 6, 2017 8:50 PM

Dec 2015
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Anything that's not ecchi please :D.
I'm special give me attention.

Jan 6, 2017 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
Krona said:
Just asking for someone to recommend me an anime to watch. I pull lucky number 59 out of the bingo hat. :)

How about Le Chevalier D'eon, Shinsekai Yori, or Spice and Wolf?
Jan 6, 2017 8:55 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality

I need help with this one
Jan 6, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2010
TrustTheFungus said:
Krona said:

How about Le Chevalier D'eon, Shinsekai Yori, or Spice and Wolf?

I haven't watched a single one yet, so I'll randomly pick one of the three. Thank you :)
Jan 6, 2017 8:59 PM

Apr 2011
HappyNeko said:
How do I get a recomendation for #59?

Here's how:

Cowboy Bebop, Baccano, or Tordora.
Jan 6, 2017 9:00 PM

Dec 2015
Looking for a rec for #59. TV-types only, please.
Jan 6, 2017 9:02 PM

Jan 2017
Cappuchino said:
''Watch an anime tagged as Comedy, Harem and/or School''
does it mean I need to watch a anime that is a harem or can I watch a anime that is a Comedy and School genre?

and @CivilPsycho
As stated, an anime that has either of the three tags or 2 of them or all 3

abhutrash said:
Is it alright to just list all of our necessary challenges in numeric order on our challenge list, then fill them out with a show as time goes on?

Yes, you can do that

MagicalGirlJodi said:
Are we able to do the challenge without the bingo card in? If not I'm just gonna unofficially do the challenge myself then because I don't fancy doing a bingo card.

You are free to do the challenge on your own, but if you decide to not follow the bingo card then you can't turn-in your finished challenge in the thread

Cross said:
Does the bingo card even matter if you plan on doing every challenge anyways?

Well yes, since the bingo card only asks for you to complete 49 items from 74 listed in the challenge list

GamerDLM said:
For the TV type only restriction, are the earlier time periods (in particular 1917-1959) exempt as well?
It appears only movies and a single special are available for that period based on the advanced search.
[...]
Edit 2: Since I'm doing the TV Type only restriction what should I do in the event I have watched all of the TV types for the predictive search?

Yes, the earlier years are exempted since there's no TV listed (will add note later)
[edit: only one of years exempted is #14. Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959]
If while searching with your username you don't get a TV type you can watch make sure to save the screen-shot for it, add that one to your challenge and then go for view all results

Rojo said:
Just want to be clear, for the "Master of" extra part. I can choose either of the two restrictions listed?

If so, do I have to stick with one option for my whole list, or can I pick which one I use for each challenge?

Also, if I use the genre restriction does that mean I can't watch something that is say tagged romance horror? because of the horror tag? Or does it count because of the romance tag?

Edit: Also, can I edit the style of my bingo card? Like change the colours, maybe add a background. Just keep the numbers the same as the one I gained from the generator.

Yes, any of those restrictions listed
Yes, the restriction you chose to use has to be the same for the whole list
If you go for a genre restriction and you got the item that ask for you to watch (for example) horror, then the anime used HAS to have both tags : Romance AND Horror
Please don't style the bingo card you will be turning-in.

koto said:
>Watch an anime with/by an artist in the Top 50 People
When it says artist, does it mean actual singers/musicians or animators? If musicians/singers, can seiyuu/voice actors be considered an option as most do sing?

Artist refers to everyone that appears there, not to a specific role

yhunata said:
Question; can I edit the challenge list so that instead of looking like
1. [Start Date] [Finish Date] <xx> [Challenge Description]: [Name of Anime]

it looks something like:
<xx> [Challenge Description]: [Start Date] [Name of Anime] [Finish Date]

That will make for both number to appear one after the other (list number and challenge number).... but you can try and see how it looks. If it doesn't seems confusing to identify the number and item challenge, go ahead

ToramOnline said:
is that means an anime with a higher ranking than 601, or a lower ranking than 601?

also, can i use kuroshitsuji II as "anime with a live action movie"??

for the Live Action, if it's listed in the LA club you can use it

and @TrustTheFungus
it means anything that is ranked as 601 or higher, like 602, 603, 604 and so on

Jesshaleth said:
Hey so, for #62, "Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed", is it fine if I start watching it before it has any reviews? Or do I have to FINISH it before it has any reviews, because if I'm most of the way through a series and then someone posts a review, and then I try again, and then...THAT COULD GET OLD FAST XD

No, as long as you start before it gets one you are set. Do remember to state the date for comparison
AWC_modJan 6, 2017 9:11 PM
Jan 6, 2017 9:09 PM

Apr 2011
Ren-chan said:
42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality

Baccano - American
Gunsmith Cats - American
91 Days - American
Le Chevalier D'eon - French
Maria the Virgin Witch - French
Hakujaden - Chinese
Romeo X Juliet - Italian
Jan 6, 2017 9:14 PM

Jun 2007
@SheyCroix, @AWC_mod, and the other people who came up with this challenge + those who helping out - thank you so much! I can tell you worked really hard. The bingo cards were confusing at first but I like it, I think it really makes this challenge A CHALLENGE! haha, especially since I got a few ones I don't like on the card I got. Just wondering though - can we use the randomizer more than once? Like if we want to get another card?

For those who don't want to use the bingo cards and are planning to do all of the challenges, maybe they can be part of the challenge as MERCENARY? Haha.
^_^
Jan 6, 2017 9:18 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
jet2r0cks said:
@SheyCroix Just wondering though - can we use the randomizer more than once? Like if we want to get another card?

After you are done with your first card, yes, you can go and grab the second+ one

and thanks =)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 6, 2017 9:18 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
TrustTheFungus said:
Ren-chan said:

Baccano - American
Gunsmith Cats - American
91 Days - American
Le Chevalier D'eon - French
Maria the Virgin Witch - French
Hakujaden - Chinese
Romeo X Juliet - Italian

but doesnt that mean nothing about the setting can be fictional? for 91 Days in particular, I dont think Lawless, Illinois is a real place.
Jan 6, 2017 9:20 PM

Apr 2011
Qaz4Hire said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Anything that's not ecchi please :D.

How about Jin-Roh, Gosick, or Wolf Children?
Jan 6, 2017 9:23 PM

Mar 2011
I need a recommendation for the challenge (#59), thanks!
Jan 6, 2017 9:23 PM

Sep 2016
Can anyone recommend me an anime for #59? Preferably from my PTW animes.
Jan 6, 2017 9:26 PM

Jul 2015
I need a rec for #59. Something based on my favorites would be nice.
Thanks in advance!
-
-

「 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥. 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘺. 」
◐ -

-
Jan 6, 2017 9:28 PM

Apr 2011
AWC_mod said:
yhunata said:
Question; can I edit the challenge list so that instead of looking like

it looks something like:

That will make for both number to appear one after the other (list number and challenge number).... but you can try and see how it looks. If it doesn't seems confusing to identify the number and item challenge, go ahead

Is this fine? I was only thinking of there being one number, which would be the challenge number.

Apr 2016
Kreyul said:
Looking for a rec for #59. TV-types only, please.

I hope you'd like Shigofumi, Kreyul.
It's a TV type with 12 eps.
Jul 2018
11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio.

Just to be clear, if the score is N/A then it doesn't count as one of the lowest 5, right?
Jan 6, 2017 9:29 PM

Jun 2007
SheyCroix said:
jet2r0cks said:
@SheyCroix Just wondering though - can we use the randomizer more than once? Like if we want to get another card?

After you are done with your first card, yes, you can go and grab the second+ one

and thanks =)

I mean, if we didn't like the card we got (BEFORE SIGNING UP) can we use the randomizer again? Or DURING THE CHALLENGE, you realized some of the challenges are impossible for you, can you change?
^_^
Jan 6, 2017 9:32 PM

Feb 2010
TowardsTheStars said:

Since Colorful is in your favorites maybe another movie by the same director? Miss Hokusai and Summer Days with Coo are both good.

aviggo77 said:
Can anyone recommend me an anime for #59? Preferably from my PTW animes.

Go with Durarara!!, I loved it and Im sure you will do.

Yuugen_ said:
I need a rec for #59. Something based on my favorites would be nice.
Thanks in advance!

You have Tatami Galaxy in your favorites so maybe Uchouten Kazoku which is adapted from a novel by the same author. It also has a second season coming up in 2017. If you liked the witty writing and clever dialogues of Tatami Galaxy you're sure to enjoy it, although the themes are different and it doesn't have the visual impact of Yuasa behind it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 6, 2017 9:34 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@yhunata you have to keep the numbered list

@jet2r0cks that's something that shouldn't be done. Participants can't change their bingo card after it's assigned. If you find that a challenge it's too hard you will need to play with the available patterns and see which one fits

@ValexIV yes, just form the last 5 scored
SheyCroixJan 6, 2017 9:38 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 6, 2017 9:38 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
@AWC_mod

it means anything that is ranked as 601 or higher, like 602, 603, 604 and so on

That doesn't make sense. The lower the number the most popular the title is so #1 is the most popular title on MAL. So should it be titles with numbers going less than 600?
Jan 6, 2017 9:38 PM

Apr 2016
Can anyone help me to recommend a TV-type anime for #59?
Thanks in advance ^^
Jan 6, 2017 9:45 PM

Mar 2011
Pullman said:
TowardsTheStars said:

Since Colorful is in your favorites maybe another movie by the same director? Miss Hokusai and Summer Days with Coo are both good.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will watch Miss Hokusai for the challenge.
TowardsTheStarsJan 6, 2017 9:51 PM
Jan 6, 2017 9:48 PM

Jul 2014
Can I also get a recommendation for #59?
Jan 6, 2017 9:54 PM

Apr 2016
koto said:
Can I also get a recommendation for #59?

I hope you'd like Natsuyuki Rendezvous, koto.
Jan 6, 2017 9:57 PM

Feb 2009
Alright guys, I need a recommendation from this thread for my challenge! Preferably something less then 30 episodes, and I enjoy thriller, psychological, romance or action.

3, 2, 1, go!
Jan 6, 2017 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
Wowza, it felt like half the challenge just filling out the form! Your efforts certainly won't be unappreciated though, this definitely makes watching anime (more) fun. I was going to pass up on this year's challenge, but the Bingo idea is really creative and I couldn't resist.

@Kipcha - Here's a few you might be interested in:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/239/Gankutsuou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/267/Gungrave (from your PTW)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1013/Le_Chevalier_DEon (personally my top rec)
ZekkenshinJan 6, 2017 10:10 PM
Jan 6, 2017 10:03 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
@AWC_mod

so for the Historical, Martial Arts, Samurai and/or Super Power and similar ones, the anime we choose has to have at least 2 of those tags? or 1? 3? I'm still confused :(

Or like Action and/or Adventure, do we just pick 1?

also I need help with Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality. 91 Days wouldnt work because Lawless, Illinois isnt a real place, or am I misunderstanding?
Jan 6, 2017 10:05 PM

Dec 2013
Kipcha said:
Alright guys, I need a recommendation from this thread for my challenge! Preferably something less then 30 episodes, and I enjoy thriller, psychological, romance or action.

3, 2, 1, go!

Maybe give Uta Koi a go? It's charming.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13349/Chouyaku_Hyakuninisshu__Uta_Koi
Jan 6, 2017 10:07 PM

Feb 2009
Gymkata said:
Kipcha said:

3, 2, 1, go!

That's actually one I watched just a few days ago, it was quite nice! Unfortunately already used it though
Jan 6, 2017 10:12 PM

Feb 2011
MagicalGirlJodi said:
Yeah like I think I understand it now but I'd prefer to do the challenge without it? It should be optional instead of necessary.

Are we able to do the challenge without the bingo card in? If not I'm just gonna unofficially do the challenge myself then because I don't fancy doing a bingo card.

Yep, same. After successfully completing both the anime and manga challenges last year, I was really excited about the 2017 ones, but I hate the random/bingo idea, so I guess I'm just gonna do the challenges on my own unofficially. (^_^;)

(At least make the bingo optional next year, please...? (^_^;) )
MangaRocksJan 6, 2017 10:16 PM
Jan 6, 2017 10:13 PM

Apr 2009
I need something for #59, If someone could recommend me an anime either already on my PTW or through http://because.moe/au (because I'd like to watch them legally and that's what I have access to right now) but it's not completely necessary.. (Also 1-cour would be preferable) Thanks!
Jan 6, 2017 10:20 PM

Apr 2014
taximals said:
I need something for #59, If someone could recommend me an anime either already on my PTW or through http://because.moe/au (because I'd like to watch them legally and that's what I have access to right now) but it's not completely necessary.. (Also 1-cour would be preferable) Thanks!

From your PTW list I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop. A masterpiece in my opinion.
Jan 6, 2017 10:27 PM

Apr 2009
BillyShears said:
taximals said:

From your PTW list I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop. A masterpiece in my opinion.

Thanks! Was hoping to fit it in somewhere this year ^^

Apr 2016
So, this is my bingo card.

Do the numbers shown on my bingo card mean the queries that I have to complete for the challenge?

If so, by looking at my card, then I need to use queries no 51, 3, 31 .. etc. to complete my challenge.

If it's true, between the rows and the columns, which one should I use first for my entries?

Apr 2011
SheyCroix said:
@yhunata you have to keep the numbered list

I've fixed it. Don't think it should cause any confusiions either.
Jan 6, 2017 10:30 PM

Apr 2014
taximals said:
Thanks! Was hoping to fit it in somewhere this year ^^

No problem. I really hope you enjoy it.
Jan 6, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2009
chitochito said:
So, this is my bingo card.

Do the numbers shown on my bingo card mean the queries that I have to complete for the challenge?

If so, by looking at my card, then I need to use queries no 51, 3, 31 .. etc. to complete my challenge.

If it's true, between the rows and the columns, which one should I use first for my entries?

You have to choose a pattern (according to the difficulty you chose)
Jan 6, 2017 10:36 PM

Apr 2011
P.S. Does "someone I don't know" refer to a staff member I don't know (because I literally don't know most of the people involved even in my favorite stuff) or someone whose stuff I've never or have barely seen?
Jan 6, 2017 10:36 PM

Dec 2013
Kipcha said:
Gymkata said:

That's actually one I watched just a few days ago, it was quite nice! Unfortunately already used it though

Yeah I missed that. Maybe Rahxephon or Gunbuster/Diebuster?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Yesterday

119 by ryzxgum »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created.

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

47 by Adnash »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - Yesterday

33 by Tropisch »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot?

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

49 by MichaelJackson »»
29 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

26 by khoisharky »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.