Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That fight was pretty entertaining, it's amusing to see Petelgeuse getting his ass kicked around. My respect for Julius shot up even more now. Ugh, just when I thought Petelgeuse couldn't get any more creepier, he does..

Petelgeuse's destruction was very satisfying to see :D
The bastard deserved it tbh.

This has been quite a journey from start to finish. White Fox did good. Loved that little montage song they threw in to chronicle all the memorable parts of Emilia and Subaru.
Sep 18, 2016 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
Finally it ends! Bye Petelgeuse :(
Sep 18, 2016 9:32 AM

May 2009
Wow, they skipped all scenes with Rem.
Sep 18, 2016 9:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
bastek66 said:

More like they didn't show it.

Apr 2015
bastek66 said:

There is a difference between skipping and simply not reaching it.

Apr 2014
Well, that was a complete disaster.
They skipped literally the most important scene in the entire series, just for a forced happy end between Subaru and Emilia.
It doesn't even make sense! They even alluded to it with the blank letter and everything! It's so stupid. I can tell a lot more people will be mad about this too.
So now, the complete lack of Rem for the last episodes makes no sense, as if she was written out of the story or something.

I guess all three remaining Emilia fans will be happy?
Sep 18, 2016 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Can't believe that scene did not come out. No season 2 I guess...
Sep 18, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2015
I enjoyed the killing of Spider-Geuse. Also the ending with Emilia is happy, but it seems WF try to make an open ending for season 2 because they don't know if they will make one.

VanishingKira said:

I like this savageness.

Sep 18, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
R.I.P Betelgeuse...Best Waifu D:

Lol poor Rem not getting an final screen time at the end

Sad, hoped for an announcement for the 2nd season after the credits....hope it gets in the future, enjoyed this show :D

Sep 18, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 2016
prepare for salt tsunami guys when subs out.......
Sep 18, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
What the fuck? Are you serious White Fox?

They don't even show the most impactful scene of the whole series despite them teasing it?
Sep 18, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2014
Lolimancer said:
What the fuck? Are you serious White Fox?

They don't even show the most impactful scene of the whole series despite them teasing it?
It's White Fox. Ending anime adaptations isn't their specialty.

Jul 2015
SadistSenpai said:
prepare for salt tsunami guys when subs out.......

They haven't shown the damn scene. I'm salty right now.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
They skipped literally the most important scene in the entire series, just for a forced happy end between Subaru and Emilia.
It doesn't even make sense! They even alluded to it with the blank letter and everything! It's so stupid. I can tell a lot more people will be mad about this too.
So now, the complete lack of Rem for the last episodes makes no sense, as if she was written out of the story or something.

Uhm sorry but nothing was skipped. They simply didn't reach the point yet, big difference buddy. One seals the deal and the other simply leaves it for later.
Sep 18, 2016 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Fappa said:
Hongu said:

Uhm sorry but nothing was skipped. They simply didn't reach the point yet, big difference buddy. One seals the deal and the other simply leaves it for later.

Doesn't matter. They SHOULD have reacher the scene in this episode. That's just the biggest disappointment right here.

Jul 2014
Finally, our long ride has come to an end. Tho its sad that I wont have anything to look forward to every monday.....
I thought Subaru was gonna do a spirit gun type of shiz when he pointed at Beetlejuice, and that ending bit, the flashbacks, and that fcking confession, worth every moment. They really do suit each other, kinda happy for Emilia as well, since a human has finally accepted and to top that shiz off loves her to a fault, beautiful ending 10/10.

Apr 2014
Fappa said:
Hongu said:

You know exactly what I meant. They didn't show it, whatever.
Even though it's the ending to vol 9 and the most important scene in the show. Yet you argue with me over my word choice.

Eh, whatever. Was an okay show overall. Some things were bad, some were good. This ending definitely wasn't though. I don't care about Emilia as a character so the entire last ten goddammn minutes were a chore for me.
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
They didn't adapt the part I wanted to see adapted the most. Oh well, I guess they went for a happy ending instead of a tragic ending. This makes it less unlikely that this will get a second season. So I guess we didn't get to see the entirety of the third arc adapted :/

Other than that, it was a great series and I had a lot of fun with it. I liked that they took the "Isekai" premise and gave it a darker execution.

8/10

VanishingKira said:
Rem was forgotten so hard they forgot to include her in the ending lol
Lol, I see what you did there :D
GoldenDevilGamerSep 18, 2016 9:44 AM
Sep 18, 2016 9:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Well, after watching this episode I don't even care about the stuff that were "left" out.

It was a really good episode, now let's see what they have for us in the upcoming preview.

I really don't know what's with the preview, it better be something.
Sep 18, 2016 9:45 AM

Apr 2015
That was an amazing final episode. I had my doubts due to people talking about the saltiness that would be inevitable, but it's nice to see the anime tied up the loose ends and I'm really happy that Subaru managed to patch things up with Emilia. (Though I wish we got to see a bit more of some of the other characters for a final time *cough* Rem)

Did anyone else feel that Petelgeuse's expression of love for Satellia resembled that of Subaru's for Emilia in episode 13 (the episode when he and Emilia had a fall out)

Some parts did feel a bit dramatic, but all-in-all it was impactful and I was left teary eyed twice: Once while watching Subaru save Emilia and gang a final time and second time as styx helix started to play at the end because the rollercoaster ride is finally over.

I honestly applaud Tappei Nagatsuki for making Subaru's personality and circumstance sink to such a low point only to make a comeback to a beautiful ending that arguably would not have been possible otherwise.

Definitely one of the best shows I've watched in a long time and I'm more than happy to give a 10/10 rating.
Sep 18, 2016 9:45 AM

Feb 2015
Lol why are people saying no season 2 just because it had a happier ending than expected? There is a very strong chance of season 2.
Sep 18, 2016 9:47 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit, people need to calm the fuck down, i love rem but if they didnt get to her scene then im sure they'll get to it whenver season two comes out.

Dec 2013
Hongu said:

Well, as long as there will be a S2, for me it's OK, I am satisfied with this ending. The scene with Emilia is really beautiful.
It would have been better to have an ep of one hour long, but well anyway.
Also, don't be rude to Emilia fans, we are a lot more than three, you know. ;)

In the end, 9/10 !
Ramiel00Sep 18, 2016 9:52 AM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....

Jul 2013
Lel at people being salty because parts of Vol 9 weren't adapted (yet) xD
While I was expecting to see salt, I wasn't expecting this kind of saltiness lol

Petelguese is finally dead. For good.
Beautiful episode. Especially the last ten minutes or so.

I know this series has had its issues, but screw that. The series is getting a 10/10 for me.
SandyBoiSep 18, 2016 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
You know exactly what I meant. They didn't show it, whatever.
Even though it's the ending to vol 9 and the most important scene in the show. Yet you argue with me over my word choice.

Eh, whatever. Was an okay show overall. Some things were bad, some were good. This ending definitely wasn't though. I don't care about Emilia as a character so the entire last ten goddammn minutes were a chore for me.

No because skipping implies that they didn't follow the source material which they did :)

Well and? Doesn't matter if it happens now or at the start of a possible second season, seasons happen without any break in the narrative so it will result in the same.

The main problem here is that people don't want to wait, just a matter of time.

Well okay then go in the corner, suck it up and move on, easy :)
Sep 18, 2016 9:49 AM

Apr 2015
I loved *0* 9.5/10 for the show
Subaru and Emilia last scene made me cry ç.ç

I have a question..

Spider No Face

sorry bad english/
ScarRufusSep 18, 2016 9:52 AM
Sep 18, 2016 9:49 AM

May 2013
Yes the anime made it look a little like Rem was literally written out of the series but remember it's not so much different from the Novel except the last chapter and the epilouge.
But thanks to cutting scenes the goodbye scene of Rem and Subaru felt less impactful, the only thing I'm not happy about in this adaption.
Sep 18, 2016 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
The thing is, it's gonna be EXTREMELY weird to start season 2 on THAT scene. Like, how the fk will they even make the first episode of season 2 to get you back into it BUT at the same time fk up your feelings for a character you haven't seen in years? Like, what? Why not just end Arc 3 with this season?
Sep 18, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Holy shit, people need to calm the fuck down, i love rem but if they didnt get to her scene then im sure they'll get to it whenver season two comes out.
You're throwing around the prospect of a season 2 like it's actually confirmed or something. It's not. There's nothing left to adapt in the LN. More than likely it's not going to get a season 2.
Now that I think of it, it makes sense why they would end it here. White Fox didn't want to risk hearing outrage from fans if they left it at a brutal cliffhanger like that, so they just decided to play it safe.
But now people are still going to be outraged, just for a completely different reason.
Sep 18, 2016 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
Hongu said:

They skipped literally the most important scene in the entire series

Source reader here. No wasn't. Stop making up shit thanks and wasn't skipped either.

And Subaru and Emilia was all in the WN and what the ar was buliding up to once he got his act together.

Anyway it was great finale.
Sep 18, 2016 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
Revert67 said:
AmejiHunter said:
The thing is, it's gonna be EXTREMELY weird to start season 2 on THAT scene. Like, how the fk will they even make the first episode of season 2 to get you back into it BUT at the same time fk up your feelings for a character you haven't seen in years? Like, what? Why not just end Arc 3 with this season?

Maybe they can use to make people hooked, but it will still be weird.

I mean, it's not like season 2's first episode is in one week. It's AT LEAST gonna be one year. You can't start a show's second season just like that.

I know the anime sucks, but take SAO 2 for example. They didn't start directly in GGO, because they can't. It'd be weird. First episode of season 2 was just an introduction.

Now, for Re:Zero. Wtf is there to do an introduction? The only part left in Arc 3 is THAT thing.

Hopefully the ''preview'' after ep 25 will actually be something.

Apr 2014
Jagd84 said:
Hongu said:

They skipped literally the most important scene in the entire series

Source reader here. No wasn't. Stop making up shit thanks and wasn't skipped either.
If you're a so-called 'source reader' then how do you not know what scene I'm talking about? I'm not making anything up.

Aug 2010
Beautiful reconciliation scene with Emilia. They went all out with the animation making Emilia look divinely beautiful and stuff. On some Rem from ep11 smile stuff. Nice Lap Pillow. Subaru totally deserved it. He was such a BA these last 2 eps. Loved his interactions with Otto and how he defeated Beetle Juice. RIP that face crush and rejection by Satella were brutal.

And then writing OWARI in the Gospel. Poor Betelgeuse. Spider Beetle Juice was great tho XD
AI AI AI!! Props to Matsaoka for the final time.

Now for the way they ended it....I can't deny I'm salty. This could've been the biggest shitstorm inducing ending of a series that has ever existed. WHY NO 26 EPS?!?!?! NAZEDAAAAAAAAAA!!! They could've at the very very least have Subaru mention Rem and have Emilia

Now by the time S2 is gonna be out everyone will already be aware what happened and it won't cause any shitstorm :/ I appreciate that they didn't rush it but still can't deny my slight disappointment...

Sep 18, 2016 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
Jesus christ the Remfans rage, calm the fck down people.
Sep 18, 2016 9:55 AM

Feb 2015
Hongu said:
SakurasouBusters said:
You're throwing around the prospect of a season 2 like it's actually confirmed or something. It's not. There's nothing left to adapt in the LN. More than likely it's not going to get a season 2.
Now that I think of it, it makes sens why they would end it here. White Fox didn't want to risk hearing outrage from fans if they left it at a brutal cliffhanger like that, so they just decided to play it safe.
But now people are still going to be outraged, just for a completely different reason.

I actually think the opposite. I think there will be a season 2 but not for a couple of years. You are right about playing it safe but I doubt White Fox expected it to be such a huge hit. The Web novel is way ahead so there is plenty of material to adapt.
Sep 18, 2016 9:57 AM

May 2016
How I can contact white fox?

And hows the author responding to this ending? I need to know.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 18, 2016 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
Hongu said:
Jagd84 said:

If you're a so-called 'source reader' then how do you not know what scene I'm talking about? I'm not making anything up.

They didn't skip it, they just stopped right before it. The thing is, I consider it as a skip.
Sep 18, 2016 9:58 AM

Mar 2010
Hongu said:
Jagd84 said:

Where in my post did I imply that? I'm directly referring to your exaggerated comment as someone who's read all the way to Arc 6 with limited japanese. It's also fact you wrong about it being skipped.
Sep 18, 2016 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
Hongu said:
Jagd84 said:

What important scene was skipped in the final episode?
Sep 18, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Jagd84 said:
Hongu said:

Where in my post did I imply that? I'm directly referring to your exaggerated comment as someone who's read all the way to Arc 6 with limited japanese. It's also fact you wrong about it being skipped.
If you're one of those people who keep going "Um they didn't skip it, they just didn't reach it! hurr" then please stop. You all know exactly what I mean.
It wasn't exaggerated in away, It's factual.
Sep 18, 2016 10:01 AM
Sep 2012
TeamDalaiLana said:
How I can contact white fox?

And hows the author responding to this ending? I need to know.

The author, Teppei, worked closely with White Fox for the Re:Zero anime. So the ending may have been what he planned to make it look like.
Sep 18, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
So after this ep I can't tell...do White Fox have balls of steel or not XD

Ending it just 1-2 eps worthy of content of an arc short or adapting THAT shitstorm inducing cliffhanger and leaving it at that.

Both need BALLZ XD
Sep 18, 2016 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
Well that was pretty enjoyable. There were some parts of the show that didn't sit right with me (not gonna bother going into specifics) but overall it was a nice experience. Can't wait to see all the salty shitposters......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 2018
Z4k said:
Hongu said:

Wasn't skipped, but they stopped right before it, and it would've been a GREAT ending. Cliffhanger, salt and shitstormey ending.

Skipped scene :

Nov 2015
Will there be a 2 season to it ? If yes then how much time will it take
Sep 18, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2010
Z4k said:
Hongu said:

Hongu said:
Jagd84 said:

If you're one of those people who keep going "Um they didn't skip it, they just didn't reach it! hurr" then please stop. You all know exactly what I mean.
It wasn't exaggerated in away, It's factual.

Because they literally did not skip it. The show stop before it.
And yes it is exaggerated.

Sigh why hate arguing with people who haven't even read the source and just working off a bias.
Sep 18, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2014
Jagd84 said:
Z4k said:

AmejiHunter said:
Z4k said:

Wasn't skipped, but they stopped right before it, and it would've been a GREAT ending. Cliffhanger, salt and shitstormey ending.

Skipped scene :

lol I know about the spoiler. I was just testing and see which part was he talking about.
Sep 18, 2016 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
Re:Zero ended after episode 15.
It's an undeniable fact now.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&

Mar 2015
-Stray said:
Jesus christ the Remfans rage, calm the fck down people.

I don't see why Rem fans would be mad the fact that "the scene" is removed. In fact they should've been happy....

The ones who are mad are those who got spoiled from LN/WN readers about the cliffhanger ending that they've WAITED for weeks because they are expecting it. I'm here enjoying my popcorn of WN/LN spoilered readers saltiness.

Dec 2013
AmejiHunter said:

Now, for Re:Zero. Wtf is there to do an introduction? The only part left in Arc 3 is THAT thing.

Hopefully the ''preview'' after ep 25 will actually be something.

Simple, with a filler first episode, you can have a gradual introduction.
Ramiel00Sep 18, 2016 10:09 AM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Pages (35) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.