Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, the more I think about it, the more I feel sorry for Suwa from the present timeline.

The narratives still follow Kakeru's activities in details.
I kinda liked the episode's more relaxed style this week with the group hanging outside of school.

Kakeru expresses guilt this episode about his family in a way that's more tense compared to other episodes. I think the episode ended at a pretty good place with Naho expressing her own guilt about how it may be "her fault" that Kakeru died.
Sep 11, 2016 9:59 AM

Jan 2012
Dayum, future Naho straight up lying to her husband saying she'd still choose him over Kakeru were he alive. Right, that's why you wrote that letter. XD Punching bag best-character Suwa still deserved better. Ah well. XD
Sep 11, 2016 10:07 AM

Jan 2015

Oh no, you gotta be kidding me. Does this mean a sign of "just drop the Anime, it's already settled" flag or so?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 11, 2016 10:11 AM

Sep 2015
Damn she is so dumb, Suwa made the right decision not telling how he feels about Naho

rip phone
Sep 11, 2016 10:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fuuuck, that was hard to watch. Poor Kakeru and Suwa.
Sep 11, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
Why is Naho so dumb like that? I mean come on, she could've at least offered to go with Kakeru or something instead of trying to make him stay, then none of that would've happened
Sep 11, 2016 10:19 AM

Aug 2016
This episode honestly made me completely dislike Naho, even with her realizing that she's this boys trigger, because knowing he lost his mother because of his inability to be there on the first day of school she still tries to get him to stay? No! Wrong answer, even if you know his grandmother is going to be alive in 10 years - you just can't tell someone, who blames himself for the loss of someone special to him because he couldn't come home, that someone else who he loves going to be fine in the present. Just no, self doubt isn't always placated by some kind words of hope - especially when it is so deep rooted.

On the other hand.... Suwa, that poor precious boy, giving up the future he's probably been dreaming about since before Kakeru came into the picture for Kakeru's life. I mean he still went to comfort Naho but instead of confessing, the promise he made -- My heart is completely broken for him, in his shoes I probably wouldn't have done the same, he's definitely my fav char from this season.
Sep 11, 2016 10:19 AM

Aug 2016
I don't understand why she wouldn't just go together with him, visiting his grandma...

Other than that, I really liked this episode. Good pacing, decent quality and the drama better than expected.
Sep 11, 2016 10:22 AM

Aug 2016
Tardivex said:
Why is Naho so dumb like that? I mean come on, she could've at least offered to go with Kakeru or something instead of trying to make him stay, then none of that would've happened

I'm fairly convinced that Naho is one of those MC the creator tried to hard to get the audience to want to root for her which ended up with a character you want to put a shock collar on so you can just activate and yell "NO BAD NAHO" every time she does something stupid.
Sep 11, 2016 10:23 AM
Sep 2016
Naho should have offered to go with Kakeru to his grandmothers.
Sep 11, 2016 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
I felt so sorry for Suwa in the present time. Suwa wants Naho and Kakeru to get along with each other!
Sep 11, 2016 10:34 AM
Sep 2016
This anime has made me cry once again ;_;
Really loved this episode, especially compared to previous ones
I'd give 10/10
Sep 11, 2016 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
Well shit, I feel even more bad for Suwa. He still went to comfort Naho, but instead of confessing, he made a promise to keep her and Kakeru together. He's knowingly sacrificing a future that I'm sure he was really looking forward to, in order to make Naho and Kakeru happy. What a guy.

Part of me wonders if future Naho really meant it when she said she'd still marry Suwa even if Kakeru was still alive. For some reason I highly doubt that. And like some others have mentioned, Naho should have gone with Kakeru to see his grandmother. Everyone else would understand, and I'm sure Kakeru would have liked that kind gesture. Oh well, hopefully Naho didn't fuck things up too badly.

Oh yeah, RIP Phone-kun..........but seriously, what a waste of a perfectly good phone.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 11, 2016 10:36 AM
May 2016
Im a person who rarely changes his opinions, and i have to say that after this episode, if someone don't prefer NahoxSuwa is a monster.

Suwa it's just.....WOW....I need a friend like him. Pretty sure that 98% of the people, me included, would choose to keep the girl instead of save his friend(even if this is just a possibility, im pretty sure that if he and naho start dating, Kakeru would still been alive somehow).

Im not a psicologist but Kakeru is starting to been a asshole, i dont care if he lost his mom, this is too much. And Naho could easily ask him if she could go with him.

Still prety sentimental episode 5/5
Sep 11, 2016 10:38 AM
May 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Well shit, I feel even more bad for Suwa. He still went to comfort Naho, but instead of confessing, he made a promise to keep her and Kakeru together. He's knowingly sacrificing a future that I'm sure he was really looking forward to, in order to make Naho and Kakeru happy. What a guy.

Part of me wonders if future Naho really meant it when she said she'd still marry Suwa even if Kakeru was still alive. For some reason I highly doubt that. And like some others have mentioned, Naho should have gone with Kakeru to see his grandmother. Everyone else would understand, and I'm sure Kakeru would have liked that kind gesture. Oh well, hopefully Naho didn't fuck things up too badly.

Oh yeah, RIP Phone-kun..........but seriously, what a waste of a perfectly good phone.

With Kakeru dead and naho married with Suwa, that could easily be a lie. Who knows....

Im the only one who was thinking ''If your grandmother is your only relative alive, do you think that breaking your phone is going to make her happy? i mean the yare pretty expensive....''
Sep 11, 2016 10:39 AM

Sep 2014
Dude, what is wrong with the characters in this show? Kakeru decides to leave Naho just like that and is rude about it (so why did you come in the first place?), Naho is really dumb at dealing with the situation even though she knew about it beforehand, the others decide to push Suwa to confess not thinking about how it would leave Naho even more confused. The only rational person is Suwa, I'm sure without him they wouldn't be able to save Kakeru in a million years.

Other than that and the visual execution remaining sub-standard, this was a fine episode for advancing the plot, though I don't find myself caring much anymore, at this point I just want it to be over with.
NeromonSep 11, 2016 10:43 AM
Sep 11, 2016 10:40 AM

Aug 2015
I'm sorry, but is this girl retarded? Trying not to be insensitive and she tells him to blow off his sick grandmother?! If anything offer to go with him!
Sep 11, 2016 10:41 AM

Jan 2012
DamnThatPanda said:
Tardivex said:

I'm fairly convinced that Naho is one of those MC the creator tried to hard to get the audience to want to root for her which ended up with a character you want to put a shock collar on so you can just activate and yell "NO BAD NAHO" every time she does something stupid.

She is surprisingly awful/dense/dumb, but Kakeru can come off as pretty damn obnoxious too, though obviously with much better reason. In that sense they kinda deserve each other. Only wish it didn't mean best-character Suwa gets left with nothing.
Sep 11, 2016 10:45 AM

May 2010
Kakeru is being a BITCH if you ask me.

I felt really bad for Suwa watching all these episodes but this episode was the worst of all in that regard.

Naho is just being straight up stupid. Kinda happy that Suwa (the man!) did not confess to her and i would even go as far as to say he is better off without her.
Just look at that fucked up situation.

Feb 2015
Okay, now we're getting into the territory why I really dislike this series. We get to see Naho has still practically no character development after this far into the series and needs others to push her into action, she pretty much blatantly lies when she says she still would have married Suwa, and her letter is pretty much sent with the knowledge that her child would cease to exist in that timeline. She's your typical shoujo lead who can do nothing on her own and rubberbands back to her original state as soon as she makes even the most minute of progress.
TLDR; Naho has no defining traits or character development.

Kakeru, we get to see he is still largely rejecting any helping hand or comfort and then snapping at the person offering it, for trivial reasons. He treats the people who try to help him most like absolute shit. Honestly, the way he acts and treats other is bordering on offensive. The way his "depression" is portrayed is childish and almost insulting, instead of making me sympathize with him, makes me hate him. Don't give a damn how crap his life was, it's never an excuse to snap at others, especially those trying to help you.
TLDR; Simply, Kakeru is dick, yes a dick with a sad past, and difficult life, but he's still a total dick.

It just feels like this series was set up on a premise to make you love both Naho and Kakeru, but achieved the opposite and practically begs for you to hate them. Or at the very least, be extremely irritated at their stagnation, especially when one is given a step by step guide on how not to screw up. Which brings me to my next point. The entire point of this series, the driving theme is to not have any regrets, and when she is given that golden opportunity, she wastes it, repeatedly. She is literally given google maps, a yellow brick road, and guide but she still manages to screw up at every damn turn.
TLDR; Characters are awful, theme is constantly ignored, typical shoujo/w frequent and blatant contradictions.

Aug 2016
I know a lot of people are bringing up the offering to go with Kakeru, and honestly it's not a bad gesture but I'm not 100% sold on Kakeru accepting or appreciating it.

Honestly, with how the sort of personality Kakeru has been exhibiting I have a feeling that the offer would have prompted him to shut down more. In previous episodes he doesn't accept help unless someone basically smacks him in the face with the fact that yes, yes he does need someone there for him (that person on many occasions being Suwa).
Sep 11, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Kakeru getting angry at Naho was pretty hard to watch.
Naho screwed up pretty bad, It was already a sensitive topic and she knew it as well and still chose to go through with it. Though I can't really act surprised since I knew it too. XD

It was nice that everyone said they'd root for Suwa as well and asked him to confess to Naho however he had other plans I guess.
The stoic tale of Suwa the selfless warrior/friend :(

The phone :(
Sep 11, 2016 10:48 AM

Nov 2015
hopefully they'll fail at saving Kakeru and he'll die again, he's such a fuccboi.
Sep 11, 2016 10:52 AM

Sep 2014
Really Naho... how could you screw that up.

Also Kakeru needs too chill.

Man I feel like the sole purpose of watching this is to feel sorry for Suwa now... He deserves better!
Sep 11, 2016 10:52 AM

Aug 2016
animefan8800 said:

She is surprisingly awful/dense/dumb, but Kakeru can come off as pretty damn obnoxious too, though obviously with much better reason. In that sense they kinda deserve each other. Only wish it didn't mean best-character Suwa gets left with nothing.

I don't know if I want to say she is surprisingly that way because it seems as though the creator of the story went down the typical main character for a shoujo road. Kakeru, I mean I can understand where he comes from but as you put it he's pretty damn obnoxious/pretentious when it comes to how he expresses himself. I only hope when everything is wrapped up Suwa gets a happy future for all of his saint like behavior when it comes to those two... I mean I really hope he does.
Sep 11, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
And this is why Suwa is better than Naho in every way; he knows what to to change the future and acts upon it without ever being told to (if anything, he is often told NOT to instead), whereas Naho is told in extremely meticulous detail how to change things yet still manages to completely fuck it up and ruin everything in the process. Seriously, how can she consistently be such a complete and utter moron and never learn from the mistakes that her future self is warning her against, as well as the ones she ends up making cos she's too scared or stupid to follow what the letter tells her to do.

If Kakeru still dies, it is entirely Naho's fault for consistently being ridiculously dense and brain-dead, even by anime standards.
Sep 11, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
DamnThatPanda said:
animefan8800 said:

I don't know if I want to say she is surprisingly that way because it seems as though the creator of the story went down the typical main character for a shoujo road. Kakeru, I mean I can understand where he comes from but as you put it he's pretty damn obnoxious/pretentious when it comes to how he expresses himself. I only hope when everything is wrapped up Suwa gets a happy future for all of his saint like behavior when it comes to those two... I mean I really hope he does.

Well it was surprising for me, both at first and that she's still this stagnant this late in the series, but that's probably moreso because I don't watch many shoujo series. But yeah, I'd say we agree. XD
Sep 11, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
I feel like people are forgetting Kakeru is dealing with some real depression issues.
Really depressed people can be like Kakeru.
As for Naho, well I just suck it up :V
Already know how it's going to end so I'm just watching the anime for th feels :')
Sep 11, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2016
I was really enjoying this series at first, but after they turned the drama up to 11 it's getting hard to watch. Over the last few episodes I've learned that Naho is an idiot, but I don't think she did anything wrong in this episode. This time it was all Kakeru's fault. I understand that depression is a bitch, but they're taking his mother complex too far. Suwa is too good of a guy to be real, but that also makes him a type of idiot as well. Oh well, too late to drop the series, and there's only 2 more episodes to suffer through.
Sep 11, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2008
The way how this series/author treat Suwa is really painfull to watch.
Really, Suwa deserved better.
Sep 11, 2016 11:26 AM
May 2012
LittleStar said:
The way how this series/author treat Suwa is really painfull to watch.
Really, Suwa deserved better.

Everybody deserve better xD

Naho is really pain in the ass
Sep 11, 2016 11:35 AM
Jan 2016
HanaeX said:
I feel like people are forgetting Kakeru is dealing with some real depression issues.
Already know how it's going to end so I'm just watching the anime for th feels :')

THANK YOU for saying that. I think a lot of people on here don't realize that deeply depressed people can be very much like Kakeru. It's easy to say "wow Kakeru is a dick," but then again if you have had interactions with someone who committed suicide you would see that his behavior is not so crazy after all. And you wouldn't blame him for it.
Kakeru probably thought Naho understood his regret but then was deeply disturbed that she clearly didn't understand because she was trying to pull him away from seeing his grandma, when that exact circumstance "led" to Kakeru's mom's death. And again that feeling was amplified to anger because his mom's death was so recent/he's depressed and suicidal. So no, Kakeru is not just throwing a hissy fit.
lancheusanSep 11, 2016 11:42 AM
Sep 11, 2016 11:40 AM

Feb 2015
Naho is stupid, Kakeru is being a jerk and Suwa is desperately trying the patch things up by giving up his happiness!
Sep 11, 2016 11:52 AM

Sep 2016
Answer! kakeruuuu ~
Woahh really nice episode ~
I see the girl with the blue hair (,I can't remember her name takako- or something like that) mentioning that even if suwa confess his love to naho that they'll save him.
But that's not actually true as we see..because suwa made the right choice..if he didn't push nano on going to chase kake he would probably die..now it will be 1) either nano will actually save him in ep 12 and in ep 13 we will have a happy ending seeing kakeafter 10 years..or it will be a completely sad ending which will fit amazingly with the ED..btw suwa is kawaii and I want in the last ep to hear the full ED
Sep 11, 2016 11:56 AM

Aug 2016
I really doubt people are forgetting that Kakeru is depressed, but rather feeling more empathetic towards those characters in the series itself. When someone doesn't really explicitly say how they feel or why they are feeling a certain way, especially after showing signs of being very carefree and happy for a good number of days, a sudden outburst of anger will always leave people floored and feeling as though someone is being a jerk.

Another thing is those who are stating that Kakeru is being a jerk are also recognizing that Naho is stupid. Taking into account that 'hey Kakeru isn't right in the head - i.e depressed/suicidal thoughts' and are fully aware that depression and those thoughts don't just dissipate over night. So basically in turn a lot of those Kakeru is a jerk type posts are giving a very objective opinion on what they are watching, taking into account all of the character interactions along with their own real world knowledge of the subject matter that is in the direction center of the series.
Sep 11, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
dem feels though

this show gets more and more emotional
feels like Kakeru won't be saved in the end
Sep 11, 2016 12:03 PM
Jan 2016
Suwa aka best bro ever
Sep 11, 2016 12:12 PM

Sep 2016
PukingMachines said:
hopefully they'll fail at saving Kakeru and he'll die again, he's such a fuccboi.
I have the same feeling..if he dies again I'm going to laugh
Sep 11, 2016 12:12 PM
Sep 2015
The animation was sooo much better than the other episodes!
Hagita's scarf was nice, why didn't anyone compliment him? Lol
Takako was quite scary this episode. 5/5
Sep 11, 2016 12:15 PM
Feb 2016
Naho is so dumb ;__; I feel sorry for Suwa but I'm fan of Naho x Kakeru pairing
Sep 11, 2016 12:20 PM

May 2015
I don't know what Suwa sees in aho Naho, but he doesn't deserve this treatment anymore.
Sep 11, 2016 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
I really hope Naho x Kakeru stays as it is now and they do marry even though the alternative future says they won't, instead Suwa x that Tomboy grill should be good enough she single in both timelines so come on m8 she becomes a model too they can be a modeling couple cuz Suwa is hot.

nvm, won't happen since Suwa IS KING IN THIS EPISODE BOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
removed-userSep 11, 2016 12:54 PM
Sep 11, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Man, how can be Suwa such best boy? Why he must be the one alone at the end? Why?!

Well, apart of that, Naho behaved like a complete moron here (only she could screw things with previous warning of her future self). I mean, Kakeru is suffering from depression, is mentally unstable and considering what happened with her mom, he fears that her grandma can die too (and he doesn't know she will get better unlike Naho and the others) and she tells him to stay with her.
Girl, at least let him stay with his grandma if you want to avoid his death.

Tbh, I have to agree with the people who says that Naho and Kakeru lack chemistry. Between their awkwards interactions between themselves, Naho being dense as fuck and this, I'm rooting for the Team Suwa at this point, even when it's clear is not going to happen in that timeline.
Sep 11, 2016 12:48 PM

Mar 2013
Let us have a moment of silence for the phone-kun, who died for simply doing his job. Sadly, his owner was too stupid and overdramatic to know that you can simply ignore the call.
Rest in Piece, brave phone, you stayed loyal to your duty till the end.
Sep 11, 2016 12:48 PM
Jan 2016
It's like Naho and Kakeru just are taken by the river down to a waterfall about to die and they're like OK with it even if they had a boat right next to them.... I've read the manga and the characters are pretty well translated into anime... BUT GOD JESYS FREAKING CHRIST WHY WHY WHYYYY doesn't Suwa just tell Naho how he feels. That doesn't have to change anything... If Naho really does love Kakeru they would grow up to get married but sometimes high school love fades aways... SUWA has always been there and maybe that's why Naho says that SHE WOULD HAVE MARRIED SUWA ANYWAY... sooooo Suwa you just ruined your future no matter what happens.... Sorry Hubby Suwa I love you but had to call you out.
Sep 11, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
A lot of people are claiming Naho made a(n) 'idiotic' or silly choice asking Kakeru to stay instead of return to his sickly grandmother. You guys should realize that she wasn't asking him to stay so that he wouldn't be with his grandmother; she asked him to stay because it's dangerous for Kakeru to be alone at this point in his mental health. Now, like a lot of you have said; she could have asked to go with him - but the odds are he would decline since one of his main motives was to be alone.. couple that with the fact that they had friends expecting them to return, etc. and it's not an easy decision to make at that moment especially if you're stressing or emotional.

Also, being someone with a mental abnormality (I don't like calling it problem / issues); I can understand where Kakeru's frustration comes from, but taking out the repressed aggression and anger that he holds towards himself on his friends who are literally trying at every moment to be kind to him is just being a bit a-holeish, even accounting for the mental trauma.

Also, a side note on Suwa: He's just, too nice - it's unreal. I probably would make a decision similar to his because realistically if Suwa took Naho things would end poorly; but damn it hurts to watch. Losing the girl you love, just to help some guy who entered the picture a few weeks ago. It's almost like he's obligated to give up Naho for someone who just came out of nowhere, when he's been with her for years. Honestly it's an awful situation for Suwa, and his responses and the way he acts make him one of my favorite characters; but also the one I feel the most pity for.
ShaneSep 11, 2016 12:53 PM
Sep 11, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2015
Naho can be really frustrating omg...why did she tell him to stay a little longer urgh

Great episode though, I can sense the train of feels to hit us
Sep 11, 2016 1:08 PM
Nov 2015
SSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Suwa is GOAT

I kinda hope Kakeru ends up dying and Naho still ends up with Suwa

4/5
Sep 11, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
lancheusan said:
HanaeX said:

THANK YOU for saying that. I think a lot of people on here don't realize that deeply depressed people can be very much like Kakeru. It's easy to say "wow Kakeru is a dick," but then again if you have had interactions with someone who committed suicide you would see that his behavior is not so crazy after all. And you wouldn't blame him for it.
Kakeru probably thought Naho understood his regret but then was deeply disturbed that she clearly didn't understand because she was trying to pull him away from seeing his grandma, when that exact circumstance "led" to Kakeru's mom's death. And again that feeling was amplified to anger because his mom's death was so recent/he's depressed and suicidal. So no, Kakeru is not just throwing a hissy fit.

It makes me both sad and furious to see how ppl can just easily say "yeah, I UNDERSTAND he has a sad past and is sick, BUT he needs to get his sh*t together". And when a depressed person commits suicide, they go like "What a coward! He's selfish and weak!" Depression is like living in hell where many things you perceive is twisted in a way that you ultimately blame yourself for them. You blame yourself for bad things happening, for ppl getting hurt, even if it's not your fault, hell, you even feel your existence is a burden and impertinence. Ppl saying here, that they feel empathic and understanding don't actually understand what a depressed person is going through, otherwise they wouldn't judge Kakeru's actions. You cannot look at the actions of a depressed person with a judgemental eye, because their actions are oftentimes not logical. And yes, Kakeru is acting carefree and doesn't say what he's feeling. It's common for depressed person to keep it to himself, and there are many reasons. One may be that they constantly feel that they don't want to burden other ppl with their problems (since they already feel guilty for even existing). EVEN if others say that they'd like to help, it's not easy to just change that kind of thinking. That's why it's better to seek out professional help.
Sep 11, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2009
Mascera said:

Oh no, you gotta be kidding me. Does this mean a sign of "just drop the Anime, it's already settled" flag or so?

I also find it hard to believe her words here. She's really starting to appear pathetic.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Kakeru's Mother *SPOILERS*

Amberleh - Dec 1, 2016

8 by DigiCat »»
Jun 21, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by NoviSun »»
May 23, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

383 by patkarunungan »»
May 19, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

184 by patkarunungan »»
May 18, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

161 by patkarunungan »»
May 13, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.