Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2016 11:46 AM

Aug 2015
john_suzuki said:
when the sub ????????

Already subbed.

SpoilerMan21 said:
I really want to watch this movie, but I can't find an English sub version anywhere. Are there any places to see it?

In Japanese theaters.

TTYL_FT said:
Hey how good was the first episode on a scale of 1-10 and is there a sub or dub for it

10, I'd say it has a good chance of going to the Oscars this year and it is subbed but I think Funimation may try to give it a dub.
Sep 5, 2016 11:49 AM

Dec 2015
SpoilerMan21 said:
I really want to watch this movie, but I can't find an English sub version anywhere. Are there any places to see it?

You will have to wait until the blu ray release is out. That'll take atleast 6 months as it seems so u wont see it soon :p
Sep 5, 2016 2:59 PM
Sep 2016
Robiiii said:
SpoilerMan21 said:

You will have to wait until the blu ray release is out. That'll take atleast 6 months as it seems so u wont see it soon :p

Okay I see. Cheers.
Sep 6, 2016 2:10 AM
Mar 2016
WHEN WILL THIS BE RELEASED ON SE ASIAN CINEMAS! DANG. I CAN'T WAIT FOR ITS RELEASE IN SITES.
Sep 6, 2016 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
Robiiii said:
SpoilerMan21 said:

Fuaaarr!

I highly doubt it will screen in Sweden or I would probably go see it.

6 months is just brutal

Sep 6, 2016 8:43 PM

Dec 2015
BlueBalls said:
Robiiii said:

Fuaaarr!

I highly doubt it will screen in Sweden or I would probably go see it.

6 months is just brutal

Ye I also find it annoying but what can we do :p
It'll pretty much be released when AoT2 will air xD
Sep 7, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
Maescia said:
Sorry to ask this in this thread. But I've been wondering does Yume tourou by Radwimps is really 2mins long only? I really like this music and I felt it so short :(

It seems to be only about 2 minutes long. I bought the album and it's only 2 minutes and 9 seconds long.
SigsigSep 7, 2016 2:05 PM
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Sep 7, 2016 6:37 PM
Jul 2016
Maescia said:
Sorry to ask this in this thread. But I've been wondering does Yume tourou by Radwimps is really 2mins long only? I really like this music and I felt it so short :(

That's kinda disappointing considering how good it is for my ears. Thanks for replying ;)
Sep 7, 2016 6:42 PM

Aug 2015
So there's a Chinese/English hardsubbed DVD rip floating around the web. It was meant for internal viewing only.

As much as I get that you are really impatient and want to see this, watching the film in 480p with dual Chinese/English hardsubs really kills the experience. Unless you absolutely cannot wait, I strongly recommend you wait until the film gets released in a format that doesn't look like an unpolished turd.
Sep 7, 2016 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
The Chinese/English subbed is kinda disappointing with watermarks on video and sometimes a marquee "reminder" appears. Gonna wait for bluray release to order the movie.
Kitan~!
Sep 7, 2016 10:12 PM

Aug 2011
vicexxv said:
The Chinese/English subbed is kinda disappointing with watermarks on video and sometimes a marquee "reminder" appears. Gonna wait for bluray release to order the movie.

Next year then probably April or Mei
Sep 7, 2016 11:38 PM

Feb 2016
WHAT A PERFECT STORY !!! i cant describe anything with this masterpiece...the animation is great btw. but what i am seeing is the story that so beautiful, and the ending is so satisfying. I think it might be better than 5cps and kotoha no niwa.

probably the best movie i've ever seen. 10/10 for Kimi no Na wa
RazierSep 8, 2016 12:18 AM
Sep 8, 2016 4:15 AM
Jul 2015
Easily 5/5.
Good plot, pretty beautiful love, perfect animation/OST ....etc....

Sep 8, 2016 6:29 AM

Apr 2016
Overrated,the plot is pretty weak.
Sep 8, 2016 6:30 AM

Feb 2012
Good movie overall, I just still prefer his pure realistic romance stories like 5cmps and Garden of Words. Now hold on, I know he has to change his pattern somehow, and can't be doing same premise in every movie, but this kinda just didn't sit well with me.

The characters, OST, art, cinematography etc are all spot on. I also liked his classic ending, I see people writing in reviews that he finally managed to write a happy ending for his couple, no this is the same bittersweet ending as in the 5cmps and Garden of Words, the OTP just doesn't end up together.

I also liked the small part at start with the teacher from Garden of Words, she's teaching in that little town, pretty nice cameo.
Sep 8, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2016
@Ramkec Yeah i don't know how people find this a conclusive happy ending,even GOW had a better ending than this,at least they remember each other anyway speaking of GOW,that's not a cameo mate :P it's just happen to be the character design is same.
Sep 8, 2016 6:43 AM

Jan 2012
One of the best movies ive seen. Really loved it from beginning to end.
Sep 8, 2016 6:44 AM

Feb 2012
RoyTF said:
@Ramkec Yeah i don't know how people find this a conclusive happy ending,even GOW had a better ending than this,at least they remember each other anyway speaking of GOW,that's not a cameo mate :P it's just happen to be the character design is same.

Kana Hanazawa voices the teacher in both movies, pretty sure its an intended cameo. If it wasn't I doubt Shinkai would go and get Kana to voice some random teacher.
Sep 8, 2016 6:47 AM

Apr 2016
@Ramkec I didn't noticed that she voiced over here as well,you're right then but overall it was a bit letdown.
Sep 8, 2016 6:50 AM
Sep 2013
RoyTF said:
speaking of GOW,that's not a cameo mate :P it's just happen to be the character design is same.

and happenly has same name and teaching same subject(classical language) too
umashikanekoSep 8, 2016 7:02 AM
Sep 8, 2016 6:59 AM

Aug 2015
RoyTF said:

I don't think the ending was any less conclusive than that of Steins;Gate
Sep 8, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2016
@TheKillerAngel Okabe remember every single thing what happen in the past whereas over here,both of them only had the fragmented memories of their encounters.
Sep 8, 2016 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
RoyTF said:
@TheKillerAngel Okabe remember every single thing what happen in the past whereas over here,both of them only had the fragmented memories of their encounters.

But Kurisu still ends up forgetting most things. It's pretty much taken for granted that both Taki and Mitsuha get together after they find each other.
TheKillerAngelSep 8, 2016 7:18 AM
Sep 8, 2016 7:16 AM

Apr 2016
@TheKillerAngel Steins;Gate is getting another adaptation,it got a sequel movie as well but for us,we have to made up the happy endings to ourselves.
It's not like that we'll get a sequel to this,shinkai never touches the same work again.
Sep 8, 2016 7:18 AM

Aug 2015
RoyTF said:
@TheKillerAngel Steins;Gate is getting another adaptation,it got a sequel movie as well but for us,we have to made up the happy endings to ourselves.
It's not like that we'll get a sequel to this,shinkai never touches the same work again.

Steins Gate 0 is pretty dark though, WW3 and all. It's more of a midquel than anything else.
Sep 8, 2016 7:22 AM

Apr 2016
@TheKillerAngel Yeah i'm looking forward to it.
Sep 8, 2016 7:40 AM

Apr 2015
Is the DVD rip worth it? I watch camrips on a regular basis, but just how bad is the quality/how distracting are the Chinese subs?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 8, 2016 7:51 AM
Jan 2013
I haven't seen the rip but if you get access to it I'd definitely recommend seeing it again in a higher quality.
Sep 8, 2016 7:55 AM

Jun 2014
I wasn't expecting to enjoy this so much. I can definitely see why the Nips love it, looking forward to re-watching it in HD. The plot was great, I found it highly enjoyable, the animation was also great, the character designs were great, the OST was really nice and all of the characters were very likable and acted the way the acted felt so natural, I really appreciated how the side characters weren't completely forgettable. This is easily Shinkai's best work. I enjoyed The Garden of Words and I hated 5cm. I feel like he used the experience he gained with his previous works to make something great, you can easily see his style shining in this movie. I'm also impressed that he did the script, it's a simple idea, but the execution was just right. I really like the flow this had, very smooth and natural, it was great to see the 2 parallels of breathtakingly beautiful nature and the concrete jungle of Tokyo, the fantasy elements managed to fit right in and I loved the mysterious vibe the movie had at times, especially with the whole time travelling aspect and life and death themes. The movie reminded me in a lot of ways of his previous works, obviously, and of Mamoru Hosoda's Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. The voice acting was excellent, I really enjoyed Mitsuha's seiyuu's performance, it's interesting to see she's a newcomer, I feel like this movie will definitely help her career. At the end I was a little bit worried we would get slapped in the face but things ended up working out, thank goodness.

Overall, I'm glad I randomly decided to watch this one and I'm looking forward to more of his upcoming works.

10/10 from me, highly enjoyable movie, I had so much fun watching it, easily one of my favorite anime movies.
alpha_shadowSep 8, 2016 8:17 AM
:3
Sep 8, 2016 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
So sweet I got diabetes, I absolutely loved it. I'm not a fan of tragic endings and sad shit, so a happy ending was just perfect for me. 10/10

If you could get good information so easily, ninjas wouldn't have a job, dood...
Sep 8, 2016 8:09 AM

Oct 2009
A+ art as expected of Shinkai Makoto. But like Garden of Words it's also lacking plotwise. The premise and concept is good even the execution but I just really can't help but not being able to relate to the characters. I don't know if it was the pacing or how the characters were introduced but I frankly didn't feel so pressured or amazed by their romance. Oh well 8.5 for me
Sep 8, 2016 8:20 AM

Aug 2015
If you absolutely cannot wait, go watch the rip but I'd recommend waiting until there's a release that doesn't look like shit. The quality isn't as bad as your average cam but all the unnecessary subtitles and watermarks are extremely distracting.
Sep 8, 2016 8:49 AM

Jan 2015
For a second there, I thought that the ending was going to be like 5 Centimeters Per Second. THANK GOD. 10/10 good stuff, as expected from Makoto Shinkai. never dissapoints. hail Makoto Shinkai
Sep 8, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
7/10 but I'll go 8/10 cuz visuals. Shinkai's best film. Unfortunately, the story isn't great.
on 2nd thought I'll go 7/10. I gave the garden of words the same score (from 6 to 7 cuz visuals) and this is better than gow but oh well.
ernstSep 8, 2016 9:50 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 8, 2016 8:56 AM

Apr 2016
@Vercetty Although the ending wasn't harsh as "5CMPS" but still it wasn't pleasing either,just remembering the face and that's all.

Although,I know that we won't ever get a sequel but still considering the box office collection,I hope shinkai change his mind.
There're lot of possibilities in a time traveling genre :3
Sep 8, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2015
@RoyTF
but still, better ending than 5CMPS. im more than satisfied.
Sep 8, 2016 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
So I just finished the movie right now. Very heart wrenching and rather beautifully animated, directed, and the characters are just loveable in every way. Like holy damn I will give this a 9/10 personally due to the meanings being portrayed well in the movie, at least imo.
Sep 8, 2016 11:00 AM
Jan 2013
For those who said the movie had a bad story, could you give explanations as to why? I respect your opinions but just want to know the reasons behind your criticisms.

It will probably help me make a more accurate analysis as well when I watch it the second time given I know what to look out for.
Sep 8, 2016 11:49 AM
Sep 2013
FreshTango said:
For those who said the movie had a bad story, could you give explanations as to why? I respect your opinions but just want to know the reasons behind your criticisms.

It will probably help me make a more accurate analysis as well when I watch it the second time given I know what to look out for.

I would give it a 10 for visual and songs but story felt somewhat lacking.

The process they fall in love with eachother is not convincing and felt abrupt.

The reason why they didn't notice the plottwist is not dipicted as far as i know.Maybe they just did not remember after awake.

Also a lot of people here today and yesterday watched bootleg version and with terrible video quality(you can tell sudden increase of comments),so those people have relatively negative opinions compared with people who watch it in theater.There is only terrible quality bootleg version online as far as i know.
umashikanekoSep 8, 2016 11:57 AM
Sep 8, 2016 12:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
How's the quality of the sub? Should i wait?
Sep 8, 2016 12:13 PM
Jan 2013
Smudy said:

Unless you REALLY want to watch it, I would wait. The quality is tolerable but definitely will not provide the full experience. Does not do the visuals justice at all.
Sep 8, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2015
The wait was worth it, that was an amazing movie, stunning art and music, and a pretty damn well executed story, 9/10, I loved it.
Sep 8, 2016 12:16 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
FreshTango said:
Smudy said:

Unless you REALLY want to watch it, I would wait. The quality is tolerable but definitely will not provide the full experience. Does not do the visuals justice at all.

Will do so then. Thanks.
Sep 8, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2015
Smudy said:

Here's a still:

If I watched this instead of seeing it at AX that would easily be enough to knock down my opinion of it.
TheKillerAngelSep 8, 2016 12:23 PM
Sep 8, 2016 12:22 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
TheKillerAngel said:
Smudy said:

Here's a still:

If I watched this instead of seeing it at AX that would easily be enough to knock down my opinion of it.

LOL okay, i'll definitely wait. Are those two text boxes always up there?
Sep 8, 2016 12:23 PM

Aug 2015
Smudy said:
TheKillerAngel said:

Here's a still:

LOL okay, i'll definitely wait. Are those two text boxes always up there?

Yes, every frame is watermarked with that text.

Sometimes it gets a scrolling marquee stating that the video is for internal viewing only.

Sep 8, 2016 12:25 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, i feel bad for those who couldn't wait, those screenshots are enough to convince me. I was struggling, but come on, i won't watch that xD
Sep 8, 2016 2:01 PM

Apr 2014
Makoto Shinkai is a fucking genius. Without a doubt, his best work as of right now.

I loved everything in the movie.

Sep 8, 2016 2:15 PM
Apr 2016
I have no words, I do not want any words. Trully Makoto is a genius. A spirit of knowledge and wisdom upon our world. We can go forward, we still can do it.
Re:formed
Sep 8, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2016
I cried . I am more than satisfied with this .
Easy 9/10
Pages (28) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

» How? ( 1 2 )

phantomgamer098 - Jul 18, 2023

50 by cl3dson »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.