Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jul 10, 2016 8:04 AM

Mar 2009
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Mormegil said:
Well, that was certainly a confusing first episode. More confusing than Regalia and Taboo Tattoo, even. And it's no wonder this episode was double the length. Not a single thing happened in the first half.

I heard Ryukishi wrote one of the route's(Lucia's?), so I guess I'll continue to watch. I like Ryukishi a lot.

Well, yeah, but Lucia's route was flushed in the toilet along with the other heroines routes.

Well, that really sucks then.
Jul 10, 2016 8:15 AM

Nov 2013
Mormegil said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Well, yeah, but Lucia's route was flushed in the toilet along with the other heroines routes.

Well, that really sucks then.

It's very possible that some elements of her route show up to provide her proper development, since it was said all girls would have their chance to shine in the screen.
And the horror-esque elements typical of Ryukishi07 appear very early on her route, so if part of it shows up, it may be those.
Jul 10, 2016 4:29 PM

May 2010
What can I even say, this ep was super confusing, even for me, who played the entire vn years ago. If I haven't, I probably wouldn't have the slightlest idea what the heck was going on. Scenes had a weird flow, they didn't seem like they follow each other, or even like they are from the same anime, pacing was also pretty terrible. Not a very good first episode.

Sure, I'm glad to see my favourite characters animated, but the artstyle is also super weak, even worse than I expected after the PV. Characters' shading is awful. Chihaya looks especially bad for some reason (wtf's going on with her hair?). Her personality also seems a bit different, I know she was always more dere than tsun, but in the vn it did take days for her to act more friendly with Kotarou, here it happened in one instant.
Kagari with hiikoo was pretty cute and moe, I'll admit that much.

Scene with monster, Gil and Pani was a joke, it should not take place in the first episode xD But I have to admit that the cg looked decent enough (at least one thing), even compared to other series, which was quite surprising.

Poor anime-only viewers, I can only hope that they won't watch more episodes and just stick to the vn instead. I called it'd be a fail when I heard about this adaptation, now I'm even more convinced about that. But sure, it's just a first episode, maybe it won't be that bad.
Jul 12, 2016 12:35 AM

Oct 2015
The story seems interesting. Will watch this.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 17, 2016 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
All right. It has been decided. I'm sticking with this one all the way to the end no matter what. This better be a god damn spectacle.
Jul 18, 2016 9:29 PM

Nov 2015
Not sure if anyone mentioned this.. it's already a long thread but I'm sure you guys noticed those A-1 GOD TIER KANON REFERENCES! I was bugging out when the classmate girls were like 'Oh did you hear Aizawa-kun is dating Tsukimiya-san now?' and when Chihaya was on the hill and made the SAME NOISE MAKOTO MAKES FROM KANON... WHILE ALSO LOOKING LIKE HER. idk.. I loved it too much lol.
Jul 21, 2016 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
she's sleep walking on the sound of coins and his best friend is funny as hell and why do most of the girls look like lolis and the second part was kinda confusing
Jul 22, 2016 3:30 AM

May 2010
I thought it was pretty good for an 8bit show. I love. Kotori already <3 love how she ships Koutarou with everyone
Also the sidekick is pretty fun too, I wonder if he feels for Koutarou-- he even mentioned himself as the uke in the pairing scene
TragicRomanceJul 22, 2016 3:36 AM
Jul 26, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
The animation is very good and that ED song is amazing!
Jul 26, 2016 7:36 PM

Nov 2015
Not bad actually, the girls are cute tho, I didn't really like the OSTs hope they improve later.

Jul 28, 2016 12:52 PM

Feb 2014
Dropped at first episode, can't bear to watch more episodes. around second half i was just along for the ride & turned off logic, like wtf with the plot ?! characters & monsters just popped up one after another.. i don't care anymore.. deleted
Aug 5, 2016 5:51 PM

Aug 2013
Ok so great episode they kept the great comedy apart from Chihaya in the tree scene. The dialogue in the VN made it seem way less typical "don't look at my pantsu" scene than the anime. And there was also a really funny part where Kotarou does pullups on a tree to test his strength that they didn't include.

The fight was pretty random even as a VN reader it didn't make any sense. No way are Kagari's ribbons enough to defeat one of the strongest familiars. What was the point of that scene, and introducing Gil and Pani so early. Up until then it was a decent adaptation.

It's pretty obvious this was made for VN readers. If I was anime only I'd be so confused right now.
Aug 6, 2016 8:33 AM
Jul 2016
"Get this! After that, Aizawa-kun from Class E started going out with Tsukimiya-san from Class C!" ~13:21-13:29~

This makes me wonder what other connections there are between Key works. For example, the Anteater plushie that Sayuri buys for for Mai's birthday in Kanon later shows up as one of Ushio's toys in Clannad AS.
"That's why I'm glad I'm a man who's transcended such meaningless worries" -Yuichi Aizawa
Aug 9, 2016 11:15 AM

Oct 2012
WTH did I just watched? This was a mess... A big one o_O

Either they adapted the game in the worst possible as pacing was almost nonexistent and everything felt so random or the game itself IS this bad in the first place (I haven't played it so I can't tell but it really seemed like they put about every character archetype and cliche in).

Not a very good start, in fact, I doubt anyone without knowledge of the world could even understand what this was all about. Poor execution I guess.
Aug 9, 2016 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Mich666 said:
WTH did I just watched? This was a mess... A big one o_O

Either they adapted the game in the worst possible as pacing was almost nonexistent and everything felt so random or the game itself IS this bad in the first place (I haven't played it so I can't tell but it really seemed like they put about every character archetype and cliche in).

Not a very good start, in fact, I doubt anyone without knowledge of the world could even understand what this was all about. Poor execution I guess.

There were lots of anime-original parts in this first episode, like the entire thing with Kotarou finding those little fairis and fighting with the big crab monster, that was all anime original

The source material had a more subtle and relaxing start with very minor foreshadowing but the anime's first episode has a pacing that is all over the place.

The anime goes back on track and starts getting slightly better as it goes (except episode 4 which was kind of a mess as well) but it seems like this adaptation wants to put as much as it can from the VN despite having a small episode count, tho it pisses me off how they wasted half of Episode 1 on random anime-original bullshit.
Aug 9, 2016 12:37 PM

Oct 2012
zaydgh123 said:
There were lots of anime-original parts in this first episode, like the entire thing with Kotarou finding those little fairis and fighting with the big crab monster, that was all anime original

The source material had a more subtle and relaxing start with very minor foreshadowing but the anime's first episode has a pacing that is all over the place.

The anime goes back on track and starts getting slightly better as it goes (except episode 4 which was kind of a mess as well) but it seems like this adaptation wants to put as much as it can from the VN despite having a small episode count, tho it pisses me off how they wasted half of Episode 1 on random anime-original bullshit.

Ok, I'll try couple more episodes then. Guess I would be better off with reading the novel but I've completed Clannad and Tomoyo After not long ago and I didn't wanted to spend much time again knowing how long it can take to fully complete most of Key works (and I was waiting for complete Rewrite edition) - so I just tried the anime.

But really, I have yet to see an anime adaptation that's better than original VN, so far the only title that made that was Steins;Gate, every other visual novels are better when being read. And this one seems to be no different.
Sep 11, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't read the VN so this was quite a weird episode for me tbh. Couldn't follow it.

Anyway decent episode.
Sep 21, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2016
well it surprised me with a 47 minutes episode, and tbh im really curious about this anime(fuck every anime with a Mysterious Death by a girl, gets my attention, xD) and so far i like the personalities with all the character that was shown, and animation was incredible, my eyes where really pleased with the structure and the design ove it all.
Some how the girl at the end or who followed Kotarou, is called Kagari, not sure who that is right now..lol but awwwwww KAWAII, and all the other girls as well, Chihaya Kotori,Shizuru and Konohana O.O Im in KAWAII HEAVEN!!

(thank you satan, for having every episode is out by this week xD)
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 29, 2016 11:49 PM

Jun 2011
Holy shit, I just realized it was an hour long after I finished it, no wonder it felt like forever, waiting for the episode to end. The girls are really cute, and it's not the annoying type of moe. Unfortunately, the episode was kind of a bore, it doesn't feel 'alive', it felt way too systematic with how they hop around the scenes so often, like one second ago Tennou(?) was in school, and just about done with his scenario, a second later we get scenes where he's in his bedroom late at night trying to escape the 'ghost'. There was no transitional scenes at all, very much like a game where you switch to another scenario after you're done with one, it doesn't feel 'alive', for the lack of word. Therefore it is also harder for me to get invested in it, it's almost like reading a summary on wikipedia or something.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2016 2:46 PM

May 2012
I've heard quite a lot of this anime actually, or at least from the visual novel. So with a double episode start it sure took me by surprise with its characters and atmosphere reminding me a lot of Clannad for a reason.

Other than that the pacing is pretty solid and I do wonder what kind of story this anime will offer.

Let's see what happens next!
Nov 20, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
The fuck.
That's all I have to say for this first ep.
Dec 11, 2016 7:47 PM
Dec 2016
Is it Akane from rewrite is known as "kuudere" character?
I'm just wondering because she is so serious and doesn' have a lot of expression.
Apr 3, 2017 9:13 PM

Sep 2015
Nice first episode and lol the girl that bites his arm is kawaii.
Apr 20, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 2014
Time for the rewatch so that I can understand S2 better.

Randomness is what I describe this hour long ep.
Jun 14, 2017 5:53 AM

Mar 2015
Wow even though it was twice the length of a normal episode, it escalated quickly!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 23, 2017 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
Rewatching after completing the game:

Well, first time I watch this first episode I only saw one uncomprehensible mess of first episode but now I can honestly say all those things are probably making the story flow better (even though there were a lot of spoilers and hints to further events some of which wasn't needed and some that did make no real sense). Don't think they should mix and fit crab, Kagari and Pani/Gil together into one scene for example, for obvious reasons as they are from different plotlines, not to mention that Kagari being in enclosed space is problem in itself.

But on the other hand, with this the viewer can at least prepare for upcoming linking of several routes together which is probably what happens. Hinting some things beforehand was also nice as with limited amount of episodes they'll probably be compacting some routes pretty hard (even though 1-2ep a route seems pretty strict). But I believe it can be a good thing in the end. The game was needless drag for the most of the time with some interesting and even great scenes in between so if the anime concentrates only on those important parts it could be a lot better in the end.

Not sure how this is for the people who didn't play the game (as I was baffled too before) but for me right now, it was a good start. Hopefully, they didn't mess things up.
Mar 19, 2018 4:17 PM

Mar 2014
Gabagool said:
Not sure if anyone mentioned this.. it's already a long thread but I'm sure you guys noticed those A-1 GOD TIER KANON REFERENCES! I was bugging out when the classmate girls were like 'Oh did you hear Aizawa-kun is dating Tsukimiya-san now?
Fjordviking said:
"Get this! After that, Aizawa-kun from Class E started going out with Tsukimiya-san from Class C!" ~13:21-13:29~

They will always be the official couple.
Apr 29, 2020 10:14 PM

Feb 2018
Kotori is so cute...
Dec 27, 2020 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the intro a lot. It was quite poetic and symbolic like how he talks about living an unsubstantial life, and empty pockets. I took it as a deeper meaning like regretting not putting in enough effort, being too lazy, and not striving hard to accomplish enough.

The characters are very likeable as well. Nice work Key.
Aug 20, 2021 5:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
For the "normal" elements it's the classic Key anime introduction but the supernatural world and elements were really weird to be honest, I'm not too confident about this so far.
Jun 15, 2023 3:22 PM

Aug 2019
Okay there's a lot of problems with this first episode lol mainly the characters. I really don't like... Well any of them really. None of them really stand out to me, and some just seem kinda annoying

And then there are weird moments like luring that one girl with coins until she made it back home, and that girl who got stuck in the tree. What even was that -_-

Then there's the uniforms for the girls which is just bad LOL everyone else looks at least somewhat normal or passable, but like what is even the uniform for the girls

And then I don't even know what happened after the MC made it to the school. Did he enter the backrooms or something? What was that. I have zero clue what's happening LOL

So yeah, I really didn't enjoy this first episode, but hey I'm feeling more motivated to watch other shows so... It's something I guess
Dec 12, 2023 4:17 AM

Jul 2012
*Le Me the first 3mins* : ahhh.. Another garbage anime
*Le Me 2 mins later* : I think I can bare with thiz animu, it is not looks so bad N I liked the girls school uniform (unique)

Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.