Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh that was kinda boring. There wasn't too much focus on the music except for the final few minutes so it's more so with the introduction of the main characters. There's a diverse range of them as well..

Meanwhile, animation feels average as well.
Music is alright, nothing special though imo.
Jul 6, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
Stark700 said:
There wasn't too much focus on the music except for the final few minutes so it's more so with the introduction of the main characters.
Because the anime mainly focuses on the life of the members in Tsuki Pro.

Two units on the TV.

A fan of the unit is sick and asks her little brother to go to the hand shake event for her. It seems like she's Kakeru (CV: KajiKaji)'s big fan. Both groups in backstage and leaders from both units being called by both managers. The boy got in and met three young members without knowing they are the ones (thinking they are staff members lol~).

They went to Tsukiutaya, sweet shop from Tsuki Pro. 4th young member came to pick them up. The boy was able to learn who he was. The reason both leaders were called was to announce joint live for both units during the live after the event, and the boy became a fan, too with the live performance.

That young member from Procella (OnoKen's Character) next.

ED: "stella ~Kinpika Joushou Kibun~ (stella ~きんぴか上昇気分~)" by Kakeru.
tsubasaloverJul 6, 2016 8:24 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 6, 2016 8:53 AM

Mar 2016
It was was interesting enough how did the boy not recognise Kakeru from the many pictures in his sis room lol
Jul 6, 2016 9:04 AM
May 2010
Tsukiuta for me is more enjoyable than B-project so far... guess its cuz the overall setting & stuff.
Looking forward to the rest of this series, but there really are too many idol series this season though.
Jul 6, 2016 9:18 AM

Mar 2016
How did the brother not recognize Kakeru when his sister have so many posters of him in her room? :'D
It was good... nothing special but it was first episode and it looks interesting, music was also good.
Jul 6, 2016 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
I can't believe the boy did not recognize Kakeru since there are a lot of pictures of Kakeru in his sister's room!
Jul 6, 2016 9:43 AM

Oct 2009
I quite liked it lol. This is pretty different from the recent otome anime where the heroine's personality is as interesting as a cardboard box. It got boring a little at times but Shunpei hanging out with the members was quite cute tbh. The song is extremely catchy too.

Somehow, I kept thinking about Kpop when I watched this lol
Jul 6, 2016 10:03 AM

Feb 2013
The CGI was really nice! Also Yoshimasa Hosoya singing ♥
Jul 6, 2016 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
that was a pretty fun episode, i liked the whole story with shunpei hanging out with kakeru and the others. the CGI looks pretty good.
Jul 6, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2010
one of those shows...
Jul 6, 2016 10:48 AM

Dec 2009
Beautiful CGI, please make it a game so we can have moving idol boys :D Idolmaster has done it I'm sure they can too :D
Jul 6, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2014
MY YAOI SHIPS THIS SEASON JUST GOT HOTTER AND BIGGER!!!!! This was very cute!!!!!
Jul 6, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
Even the 2 managers looks fucking HOT!
Jul 6, 2016 11:11 AM
Aug 2015
It was so cute ! I loved it ~

The young brother is so cute ! I like Kakeru's character.

This first episode is for me WAY better than B-Project. It was able to raise my tension pretty much.
Jul 6, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2014
I must say it was somethng new regardin the idol genre,quite refreishing but still nowhere near UTA NO PRINCE
Jul 6, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2013
I think I fell in love all over again. Damn these male idol shows... I don't know what would I do without them, lmao.

It was lovely. I enjoyed this way more than B-Project. And the song at the end, so catchy!

I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 6, 2016 1:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah definitely liking the focus on the idols life take, sort of reminds me of ShoHolly in that way. I enjoyed the first episode more than I thought I would, probably because they started off with Kakeru. Only reason I even started following Tsukiuta (and eventually the other Tsukino Pro stuff) is because of Kaji Yuuki, lol. Kakeru is so cute :> This episode was interesting with the sister getting sick and Shunpei going in her place, and probably becoming a fan of Kakeru. Really a breather from other idol anime.

As for the songs, Tsukiuta's songs have been more of a miss than hit for me...like that ED. I liked the ED sequence though with all the Kakeru. The Six Gravity song was okay, the chorus part I liked though. Which is why I'm glad the focus is on the characters and not the songs. I would like to hear some of the duets though, I like those better (especially Kakeru and Koi's unit). If Tsukipro's ALIVE series is doing well, that's another idol anime I would love seeing, the music for ALIVE is soo good.
Jul 6, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
Not bad. Though the CGI kind of bothered me

Jul 6, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2011
Definitely better than B Project. I like the designs here better and the personalities and interactions are less otome game-like.
Jul 6, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
I'm getting Shounen Hollywood vibes from this anime - focus on idols' everyday life rather than on music, and overall pacing of these shows is quite similar.

Kakeru's fangirl and her little brother are probably one-episode characters.

Judging from episode 1, I liked B-project better. Must be the effect of kira kira otome aura. It also had more music and less CGI, which is good.
Jul 6, 2016 4:29 PM

Apr 2015
Decent start. The characters are portrayed nicely and it gives off a cute vibe. The insert/OP song is catchy too (but I'm still not sure what to think of the music just yet and I'm still hoping for any VocaloP influence in the anime). Seems like next episode is Iku.
Jul 6, 2016 4:29 PM

Dec 2014
I kinda liked this episode...but will not watch this anime nonetheless . the ending insert was also good
Jul 6, 2016 6:43 PM

Jan 2014
Oh...an idol anime that I actually watched without the urge of pushing the fast-forward button XD
I like it. I like how the characters are represented and the CGI....surprisingly, I like it.
Overall, I enjoyed it a lot more than the another idol anime airing this summer.

Jul 6, 2016 8:14 PM
Apr 2016
It is male idol anime that i need! My favorite is Stramyu which about music school then tsukiuta is already an idol! Wow this is very interesting and refreshing :D
I love it that they really respect their fans like episode 1 :) i cant stop smilling and fangirling LOL, very very enjoying it!! XD
I prefer tsukiuta than the other summer idol anime ;)
Jul 6, 2016 9:19 PM

Apr 2014
that was actually cute. we need more male idol anime that isnt overly focused on romamce, overall ok episode, the girl's little bro is adorable, i could see him being an idol.
Jul 6, 2016 9:36 PM

Oct 2011
Ahhhh TsukiPro Ahhhhh,😍😘
Jul 6, 2016 11:18 PM
Feb 2015
Ahhhh i absolutely loved the first episode *--* but it still can't beat B Project. Even though I gave the first episode a 10 for the interaction between the characters and there lovely personalities it still can't reach B Projects level. B Project has much more sexier guys, first episode got me to fangirl hard and lastly it gives off a reverse harem vibe so judging from both episodes Tsukiuta has to rise my Bishie meter much more higher then B Project did :P

I do wanna say Hajime, Kakeru and Shun are the favorites *---*
Jul 7, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 2012
SO GOOD I CRYYYYYY
I've been following Tsukiuta's CD series for a while now. I own all of them, minus some of the girl CDs and damn, I'm so happy this got animated!!

I enjoyed this a bit more than Bpro since I already knew the seiyuu cast very well here and it was more conventional and normal-feeling.

I've always been a fan of Shun, Arata, Rui and Haru but I'm starting to like Hajime, You and Koi now!!
Jul 7, 2016 6:36 AM
Sep 2015
I'm a fan of other idol/bishies animes and I have to say the first episode was satisfactory. Unfortunately, none of the idol members stood out to me, because of their child-like and effeminate appearances. This anime has the potential of an Otome game.

...On the other hand, Mr President is...something else

..Meooooow!! now that's what I like to call a hot bishie He looks a bit like Soryu Oh, with his hair down
Jul 7, 2016 7:56 AM

Jun 2013
ph man that was boring
Jul 7, 2016 11:52 AM

May 2008
I can't remember another anime where CGI was better than the animation...

The episode felt very long and was kinda boring. I haven't tried B Project yet, so I don't have any idea which one is better. Guys' designs are nice but we'll see how much character they'll have, they felt kinda bland to me. Kakeru was interesting character, I don't usually like his character trope, but he might currently be my favourite.
SaradaJul 7, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 7, 2016 8:48 PM

Nov 2014
I was expecting myself to be bored but wow i was so surprised i found myself enjoying that first episode. You don't have the typical first meeting with the heroine where they all gawk at her which was really refreshing. I'm glad to find out that this is more about showing the lives of the idols. I honestly think the music side was great, especially that song they sang at the end (AND THE ED LIKE I NEARLY CRIED COZ I WAS SO GOOD) was very catchy. I'm really looking forward to episode 2!!
Jul 7, 2016 9:22 PM

Nov 2009
I was happy to know Tsukiuta is going to be animated but at the same time I didn't put much expectation because Studio Pierrot ^^;

Surprisingly,I quite enjoyed the first episode. It's really cute and fun. I want to see them singing the songs from the albums though, especially GRAVITY and ONE CHANCE
Jul 8, 2016 12:52 AM

Sep 2015
Too adorable XD Kakeru, Koi, and Rui together. Why did Iku not go with them T^T I want my cuties all hanging out together like that one time they play in Koi's room.

Lol I was surprised that Kakeru's so tiny compared to Koi
Jul 8, 2016 5:33 AM
Jun 2012
kumashock said:
I'm getting Shounen Hollywood vibes from this anime -

I don't get that at all.

This is clearly a wishfulfillment fantasy, with the idols really having their unrealistic outwards personalities. And everyone being attractive, even the staff.

One thing that did strike me as realistic was how the leaders worked the crowd to make something trivial, two groups that are both products of the same company having a concert, into a big deal.
Jul 8, 2016 9:02 AM
Jun 2013
Is it just me?... I CAN'T HELP BUT SHIP KAKERU AND THE KID! Pedo tho...
Jul 8, 2016 11:02 AM

Jul 2013
The episode was nothing too special, after all, this is a show you watch only for the bishies and the music. However...

Shakin', sugar sugar !~

OMG THAT CGI WAS GREAT ! I'm in love with the song, everything about it was fantastic, the dance also. I thought KENN's singing was absolutely gorgeous !

Sticking with this ! I want to see Rui, Shun and Hajime more <3
Hopefully we'll get a lot of songs with the beautiful CGI :D

Jul 8, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
this is different then i expected but um...i liked the different plot, but the seiyuus some just idk
also i found the CGI distasteful being random i wouldve enjyed it more if they used the usual animation instead

ALisAnimeLover said:
Is it just me?... I CAN'T HELP BUT SHIP KAKERU AND THE KID! Pedo tho...

your not the only one >///<
Jul 8, 2016 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
lol at the neckbeards giving this low ratings because it's not for their dick.

It was better than B-PROJECT, and a fresh air because there's no otome setting yet.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jul 9, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
That was a nice episode and much better than B-project.
Jul 9, 2016 6:23 PM
Aug 2011
It was a nice first episode, but usually this kind of anime focus in the raise of the group popularity or the creation of it... In this case I like the first episode but can't give the anime more than a 6 for now since I know that this episode is irrelevant for the rest since it's episodic, and doesn't matter how much I liked Kakeru he'll probably not appear much anymore...
Jul 10, 2016 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
That was a lot more entertaining than I thought it was going to be. But then, I'm usually quite fond of the "younger brother" characters because they tend to be pretty good in the comedic department.

Was neutral towards the song, but gotta say, the CGI used there was pretty damn fluid.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 12, 2016 7:01 AM
May 2007
Machination said:
Even the 2 managers looks fucking HOT!

I ship. I need more managers moments.
Jul 15, 2016 4:41 AM

Jun 2013
So much yaoi and yaoi sex potential.

I thought Shunpei was going to become a junior member or something like that. I bet he fell in love with Kakeru. Grow up, little Shun and make a Gravitation yaoi with him someday.

That concert looks like some cheap CG stuff you'd see in a visual novel.
臭い-
Jul 24, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2015
Meh, it was boring, I hope next episodes are good.

Aug 6, 2016 10:31 AM

Mar 2014
I don't care how bad this is, I would watch it purely for the cgi dancing.
Mar 12, 2017 8:56 AM

Aug 2016
I liked this episode a lot! Idol Animes tend to have the same setting, so it was refreshing to accompany Syunpei on his "journey" to become a fan. Don't know what to expect for the following episodes but I hope it will continue a bit like this
Sep 2, 2019 7:23 PM

Sep 2016
Rui and Kakeru are already my faves lmao
Sep 25, 2020 7:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This is my first time watching an anime with a boy idol groups as its center of storyline. Its not just one, its a two groups! So far its premises promised some kind of a decent story. Eventhough, on my opinion, its kinda plain flat and looks too simple, i found this first episode quite attached well enough at my mind. Especially with the whole sudden little boy met them, that surely became their next fan by treating him so nice at his lucky encounters. I honestly feel that the story telling for these episode had some good humour on it. Sometimes its went very soothing to be following up their simple activity, and its way too much to care over their simplicity, example on that part of scenes. However, its well deserve highlighted on my attention.

Well, i am not sure about the rest, tho. So let me see the next one to learnt further more about them. Because, yeah, too much guy too care. So, i shall be very careful to judge it at the end of the series. Also, the animation was not so good, at my liking, especially with the 3D, and the artstyle was all fine to me. The songs were not so bad, but surely its not so great either. Overall this is a fine first episode, but promising some good story on it. Let see the next ...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 5, 2022 2:02 AM

Feb 2020
That was a good episode. Better than I expected.

Syunpei had a nice day with Kakeru, Koi and Rui. :) The truth about "Mr. Staff" surprised him, hehe.

I liked the performance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsukiuta. The Animation Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

40 by yveltalkyogre »»
Mar 9, 2023 2:41 PM

» OP & ED

tsubasalover - Jul 2, 2016

5 by tsubasalover »»
Dec 31, 2022 4:51 PM

Poll: » Tsukiuta. The Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

10 by Serafos »»
Mar 8, 2022 3:20 AM

Poll: » Tsukiuta. The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

10 by Serafos »»
Mar 8, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Tsukiuta. The Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

17 by Serafos »»
Mar 7, 2022 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.