Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2016 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
Felt looked so brainwashed when she entered the room, but I also agree with someone else who said that her being the 5th candidate seems like it's only for the sake of keeping her relevant. Of course, I could be wrong as they'll probably explain her selection in the upcoming episodes. This arc has gotten off to an interesting start, and I look forward to seeing where things go from here, and of course, what will cause Subaru to have to restart this part of the story. Also, Japan needs to stop with this obsession of having male characters that look like females. I'll never get over how weird that is.
thebrentinator24Jun 19, 2016 11:45 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 19, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
enginesofdemise said:

so Fappa lied to us then
Bad boy

I watched it in Japanese and while I can read it well I'm still not very good at understanding it when it's spoken.
I was sure to have heard something that implied this said scene but I must have misheard it then.
FappaJun 19, 2016 11:47 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:41 AM

May 2015
Lol Felt is 5th candidate :D nice :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 19, 2016 11:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Man as soon as he said there was a fifth girl I was like this has to be Felt right? And whaddyaknow~

Not sure what else to say about this episode, evidentially an intro to the next arc. Guess we'll just have to see where it leads
Jun 19, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
Boring episode... NOT. Finally the plot moves forward!

This episode implies that the arc will be very political which I hope it will be. More mindblown conspiracies and drama > action in this anime.

Felt is looking great in that gown! Rather disappointed that there's no last name for Felt so far. Would've been great for a hint why she got chosen. If it's not that then Reinhard chooses her out of instinct? Welp, looks like I just have to wait~
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jun 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Good change of pace in this episode. It was a little relaxing. Great to see characters from previous episodes make their return like Rom, Appa guy and the hoodlums.

They even introduced a lot of new characters this episode, with Priscilla and the other candidates.

Al, Wil, Felix and Julius. Also Subaru doing that tongue thing when he was showing his jealousy gave me a pretty good laugh. Just the sound and complete randomness of his mini-rant was great.

Now the cliffhanger with the return of Felt. Did not see this coming at all. Interested on how the candidates are selected and see where this goes with all the new characters.

The next episode can't come soon enough.

Jun 19, 2016 11:50 AM

Mar 2010
danieltortoisee said:
Also, it hasn't happened before now, but Subaru kinda irritated me at times this episode, particularly with his jealously over that random purple-haired knight (I'm assuming he's relevant later) kissing Emilia's hand. Surely he should be able to understand that such an act is a mere formality rather than anything of significance?

Because jealously is an irrational emotion and this isn't a custom he's used to seeing anyway. He's quite head over heels for Emilia so his in security nothing unusual.
Iron_MawJun 19, 2016 11:54 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
Subaru once again acts like retarded chuni (and still believes he is in the game)
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 19, 2016 11:57 AM
Dec 2013
Hongu said:
simonli2575 said:
For LN readers, does this episode reveal any important information for this arc?
Well it should have, but the anime cut it out for some reason.

Jun 19, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
beast_regards said:
Subaru once again acts like retarded chuni (and still believes he is in the game)

He really felt "in the way" in this episode. Part of me feels like he is a LN guy trying to be more assertive and serious.
Jun 19, 2016 11:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So that is the start of the 3rd arc. How fucking amazing must it be if this is already so intriguing?

New characters introduced, i like Priscilla the most out of all. Al seems like a cool guy tbh. Will is interesing, is he the father of Reinhard by any chance? Julius is sketchy to me.

Subaru seemed a bit forceful in this episode, Emilia did tell him to stay put many times and he didn't listen.

Felt returns! Knew it as soon as the 5th candidate got mentioned and got all hyped :D
Jun 19, 2016 11:59 AM

Sep 2015
Relaxing episode with some new characters, AND FELT ! (and no op/ed '^')
Subaru was annoying tbh
Jun 19, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode. Predicted that Felt would have come out of that door
Jun 19, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2010
QWERTYFish25 said:
Barion-Zara said:

Emilia's overprotectiveness was annoying this ep. Why is she so scared of Subaru being there?

For the sake of "not letting him push himself." I think it would've been fine if they had their servants tag along, even if they weren't allowed into the throne room. I kinda feel it was made that way to remind us of Emilia's concern for Subaru and his determination to be by her side. It doesn't seem to sit well with me. Makes me see him as a brash and obnoxious kid (which he is in all fairness).

Well true. Subaru wasn't any less annoying too. He's being too nosy and bratty. But well that's what will move the plot lol

Jan 2016
This episode felt so long

I love White fox, thank you

Jan 2014
Rem going all Kyaaaa~~~~ fangirl mode whole episode made me gigle like crazy and then feel sad ;_;...Stage is set for crazy shit to happen now...Tons of weird characters are ready too...

The way that old driver guy from first half and the annoying Ojou-Sama with big boobs from the second half sounded like they also have similar powers like Subaru?Especially the guy specifically talked as if he himself died few times...
LoneWizzyJun 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Mar 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Felt looked so brainwashed when she entered the room, but I also agree with someone else who said that her being the 5th candidate seems like it's only for the sake of keeping her relevant. Of course, I could be wrong as they'll probably explain her selection in the upcoming episodes. This arc has gotten off to an interesting start, and I look forward to seeing where things go from here, and of course, what will cause Subaru to have to restart this part of the story. Also, Japan needs to stop with this obsession of having male characters that look like females. I'll never get over how weird that is.

Felt's candidacy will be explained soon. Also, she's still very much her old self despite the attire, don't worry.

Haven't actually watched the episode yet, but I wasn't quite expecting Subaru to make it to the meeting hall until next episode. Must have cut out a lot of LN content, but I guess that's understandable as there's a lot to be covered in this arc.
Jun 19, 2016 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
it feels good to see Reinhard, Felt and Old Man Rom again!! its been way too long
Jun 19, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2007
We start the episode with obligatory Emilia scene which follows the usual checklist - Subaru doing his neet stuff with villagers, her observing it, her making some "cute" comments to him, him blushing. Yeah....And then we repeat that scene three more times in the episode.

And we get a catgirl...Greeaaaat.....
And we get a creepy pink haired guy with NTR vibes that reminded me of SAO's Sugou.....Greaaaat.
And we get horribly obvious CGI crowds.....Greaaaat...
And Subaru going OOC and turning into obsessive idiot ball was disappointing. Loved his smarts in the first two arcs, but here he feels like a complete fucking idiot.

Now, if we go onto the GOOD things for the episode,

The butler old man, Wilhelm interests me. He knows about the death loops? How?
THE REDHEAD!?!? If her character continues to be as great, she might even end up in my favs. Why couldn't Subaru have been paired with her. He went after the wrong princess :[
Also Ram again stole the show, even with limited screentime. There's just so much great chemistry between her and Subaru that its genuinely fun to watch them interacting.
And the Felt reveal at the end was GREAT. If only it was not already spoiled by people who felt it was "Obvious" few episodes ago.

Overall strong 3/5 for episode. A very disjointed and strangely paced episode that feels more like of a filled in-between and goes through situations at way too fast of a pace. One second Subaru is having tea with the mysterious butler, the other they are already on carriage, and the next he is going to (try to) protect the based awesome redhead Ojousama in the alleyway. Really weirdly paced.
AhenshihaelJun 19, 2016 12:08 PM
Jun 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode. I like the pacing of events in the series so far. Animations and overall design of everything is just mindblowing. Feels like they will reveal Subarus' true reason for being summoned to the world in the first place. If I would take a guess it'd probably have to do with the legendary dragon that protects.

Jun 19, 2016 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
Barion-Zara said:

Emilia's overprotectiveness was annoying this ep. Why is she so scared of Subaru being there?

Probably because Subaru will try to do something stupid and mess things up in the election where he isn't familiar with anything at all. I mean he is already giving bad first impressions to some people and his desire to do way too much will screw him over in the long run.
Jun 19, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
It was great to see Reinhard again
Jun 19, 2016 12:08 PM

Sep 2009
Dat seiyuu cast. Is it Yukarin and Kenji Fiujiwara I'm hearing as Priscilla and Al?
Jun 19, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
If only it was not already spoiled by people who felt it was "Obvious" few episodes ago.
NGL it was dead obvious tho...Reinhard asked:
-Her name
-Her family name
-Her age

which all leads to the conclusion that she is a lost princess...
Jun 19, 2016 12:09 PM

Jul 2007
LoneWizard said:
Fai said:
If only it was not already spoiled by people who felt it was "Obvious" few episodes ago.
-Her name
-Her family name
-Her age

It was never ever stated.

We saw her being taken away and it was left on cliffhanger. And this episode clearly treated it as a major reveal.
Jun 19, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2008
I was kind of suprised when i saw that
あれは何度か死域に踏み込んだものの目です was translated as
"Those are the eyes of one who has experienced death several times."

If i only focused on english I would start to make some strange theories now

To the topic, more than "experienced death" it should give more meaning like "to come into contact with / to be dragged/experience reality of death / " giving meaning that he saw death many times... its clearly too vague translation

@importantPart

Also they skipped a part :
kurizuJun 19, 2016 12:36 PM
Jun 19, 2016 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:
-Her name
-Her family name
-Her age

We saw her being taken away and it was left on cliffhanger. And this episode clearly treated it as a major reveal.
From everything we saw it was obvious...Cant argue if you didnt like people actually confirming it tho,i dont like it when LN readers do that too...But as i said,it was obvious 5th would be felt...
Jun 19, 2016 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
QWERTYFish25 said:
He really felt "in the way" in this episode. Part of me feels like he is a LN guy trying to be more assertive and serious.

One would guess he could realise that his genki attitude isn't helping or at very least figure out there are certain expectation coming from his position as butler or whatever he is suppose to be (it's hard to believe anyone from Asian country, of all places, would be so ignorant about all subordination). When he jumped out at Priscilla situation acting like ... well, idiot ... I was like "oh no, not this s*** again"
In a way, it makes sense, trying to be assertive even when he really isn't, it's believable, but only to the point. He is Visual Novel guy (LN aren't interactive) trying to act like big time hero. But honestly, it's starting to be too much. He was through so many traumatising situation he should be actually over with this. Also how come he still believes there are scripted events that should be resolved in VN kind of way?!
Jun 19, 2016 12:13 PM

Jul 2007
LoneWizard said:
Fai said:

From everything we saw it was obvious...Cant argue if you didnt like people actually confirming it tho,i dont like it when LN readers do that too...But as i said,it was obvious 5th would be felt...

It was nothing but a theory. It might SEEM obvious tho those who already knew the truth but all we had was Reinhard basically kidnapping Felt for whatever reason and the viewers questioning what the hell happened.

Which this episode answered with a cliffhanger reveal.

beast_regards said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

One would guess he could realise that his genki attitude isn't helping or at very least figure out there are certain expectation coming from his position as butler or whatever he is suppose to be (it's hard to believe anyone from Asian country, of all places, would be so ignorant about all subordination). When he jumped out at Priscilla situation acting like ... well, idiot ... I was like "oh no, not this s*** again"
In a way, it makes sense, trying to be assertive even when he really isn't, it's believable, but only to the point. He is Visual Novel guy (LN aren't interactive) trying to act like big time hero. But honestly, it's starting to be too much. He was through so many traumatising situation he should be actually over with this. Also how come he still believes there are scripted events that should be resolved in VN kind of way?!

It actually felt out of character.

Subaru was a lot more witty and smart and subtle in first two arcs and in this episode he literally behaved like one dimensional clown.

Jan 2009
i feel like i did when endless eight finished airing lol
this episode was a breath of fresh air, i like all of the candidates to the throne and i can't believe that is a male
+ jealous subaru <3

Apr 2012
thank god this ep wasnt about emilia and subaru date
Jun 19, 2016 12:15 PM
May 2016
Thats was an intense episode. The most awaited arc is here. Probably the introduction of arc 3.

So that was how the royal selection works. Well, Ive missed the old characters then surprised by the new characters. A romantic rival with Julius xD

What a great cliffhager!, Felt being the fifth candidate and having a grand entrance like that, and Reinhard as her Knight.

This episode is so royal, the presence of everyone in the castle is really eleagant and respectable. I can feel it while watching.

The execution and pacing good, hope the suffaru will be also good for the next upcoming episodes. Looking forward to it
Jun 19, 2016 12:16 PM

Mar 2010
Barion-Zara said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

For the sake of "not letting him push himself." I think it would've been fine if they had their servants tag along, even if they weren't allowed into the throne room. I kinda feel it was made that way to remind us of Emilia's concern for Subaru and his determination to be by her side. It doesn't seem to sit well with me. Makes me see him as a brash and obnoxious kid (which he is in all fairness).

Well true. Subaru wasn't any less annoying too. He's being too nosy and bratty. But well that's what will move the plot lol

I personally didn't find him annoying on the contrary without his lively reactions the dialogue would have been boring. He doesn't need to be a super serious person. I'm just pointing out where Emilia is coming from. He's not a person suited for this kind of political environment.
Iron_MawJun 19, 2016 12:19 PM
Jun 19, 2016 12:16 PM

Feb 2015
That knight with just the helmet on looks like a character min-maxing their weight in Dark Souls.
Jun 19, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
It was nothing but a theory. It might SEEM obvious tho those who already knew the truth but all we had was Reinhard basically kidnapping Felt for whatever reason and the viewers questioning what the hell happened.

Well,it seemed obvious to me,too...And i didnt read manga LN or whatever...That big reveal was kinda unnecessary imo...
Jun 19, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Loving Priscilla personality. Her ego is insanely big. I wonder if she has what it takes to back it up? Saying the world moves to her whim and all.

I just thought about this really crazy theory :D

Unrelated to the above, is this guy Reinhard's grandfather?

mozgowFeb 19, 2020 3:32 PM
Jun 19, 2016 12:18 PM

May 2016
Subaru is supposed to be really annoying this episode.

I feel like he's less annoying here in the anime.

Yall supposed hate him. Enjoy his suffering then feel sorry for him later on.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 19, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
That was great. Much better than I was expecting from a transitioning episode.
Jun 19, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:
-Her name
-Her family name
-Her age

That discussion again. We humans have something called "analytical thinking". We don't need to read spoilers to think up theories within the conditions. We had the glowing stone (at least it looked like that), the question for her family name (why would you ask the family name?) and the age. If she was a criminal, then Reinhard would have acted otherwise. Now, for what other reason could you ask a family name? For a lost person. Why would a lost person be a "major crime"? Because the person in question has a big meaning. If you take into consideration that there is a "succession war" at the moment, a lost princess would fit right into the picture. Easy reasoning. And the author uses these elements as foreshadowing. Reinforcing scenes and making them with impact and meaning. And that the viewer (or reader) has to THINK about the things presented to him. Or do you want to be spoon fed every little thing or rant about "unexpected developments out of nowhere"?
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 19, 2016 12:20 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
xSkipi said:
Relaxing episode with some new characters, AND FELT ! (and no op/ed '^')
Subaru was annoying tbh

Agreed. Nice episode....annoying MC for the most part. Red Princess gets my vote.....always a soft spot for the evil ones.

Jul 2007
TeamDalaiLana said:

This already felt completely ooc for him. I fear to think how he could have been even MORE annoying.

Did he hit his head on the rocks while going to the capital? Because Subaru in Arc 1 was witty, resourceful and smart. Subaru in Arc2 was still resourceful and smart, even if he used wits to hide his despair. In this he is literally a monkey.

LoneWizard said:
Fai said:

Well,it seemed obvious to me,too...And i didnt read manga LN or whatever...That big reveal was kinda unnecessary imo...

Again. The fact that this episode used it as cliffhanger reveal, makes it clear that it was not obvious. And a lot of people did not think it was obvious.

Just because it was "obvious" to few people does not mean it should be spoiled to everyone.

Jan 2016
Aside from Beatrice, Felt was one of my favorite female characters in the series so far. I'm really glad she's back and as a candidate!
Jun 19, 2016 12:21 PM
May 2016
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:

beast_regards said:

It actually felt out of character.

Subaru was a lot more witty and smart and subtle in first two arcs and in this episode he literally behaved like one dimensional clown.
Well can't be help Subaru is sorrounded by royal people. xD And he also don't know how the royal selection works. All he can do there is behave so the trust of Emila won't fade xD
Jun 19, 2016 12:22 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wilhelm definitely knows something about ''Return by Death''.
Jun 19, 2016 12:23 PM

Mar 2015
LoneWizard said:
Rem going all Kyaaaa~~~~ fangirl mode whole episode made me gigle like crazy and then feel sad ;_;...Stage is set for crazy shit to happen now...Tons of weird characters are ready too...

The way that old driver guy from first half and the annoying Ojou-Sama with big boobs from the second half sounded like they also have similar powers like Subaru?Especially the guy specifically talked as if he himself died few times...

Dang....... As the EMF fan, I have say this has become more and more REM : Zero XD

I also curious about the power but I don't think it's the same and the old knew about Subaru's Respawn power. He just mean Subaru saw many death.

Jun 19, 2016 12:24 PM
Nov 2015
Hilarious episode, Priscilla was amazing.

"Wait, are you three seriously the only hoodlums the capital has?"

Idk why everyone is fanboying over Emilia, Subaru is clearly best girl.
Jun 19, 2016 12:24 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:

He had witty moments, true, but never felt particularly bright, especially when he constantly comes from VN logic to all his problem. He is anything but subtle, IMHO.

TeamDalaiLana said:

It really felt like he needs to die painfully soon enough.
Jun 19, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
Again. The fact that this episode used it as cliffhanger reveal, makes it clear that it was not obvious. And a lot of people did not think it was obvious.

Just because it was "obvious" to few people does not mean it should be spoiled to everyone.
I should be able to write and talk about hints i saw in an episode(Just like that butler talkin about Subaru's eyes seeing death)...It is my right to make hypothesis and write it in episode discussion...Just because some(or most) people didnt get that hint should i be banned or my comments be deleted?I dont think so...

Then again,it is a different story when a LN reader comes here and confirms a theory with certainty...
Jun 19, 2016 12:27 PM
May 2016
GuidedCursor said:
LoneWizard said:

Dang....... As the EMF fan, I have say this has become more and more REM : Zero XD

I also curious about the power but I don't think it's the same and the old knew about Subaru's Respawn power. He just mean Subaru saw many death.
I guess so, cause from the spoilers I've read he is not mentioned of being the one who knows the "Return of Death", only _________ lol xD
Jun 19, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
LoneWizard said:

Then again,it is a different story when a LN reader comes here and confirms a theory with certainty...

That is kind of the problem I had. Certain people coming in and going "Okay guys this is what happened, because anime did not make it obvious - <insert spoilers here>".
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.