Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 28, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, not too shabby. I mean, Ayato getting an upgraded version of his weapon thanks to Julis..

Looks like the tournament arc concludes. A rather predictable outcome with Ayato and Julis winning but whatever. They definitely deserved the win after everything. Except for that shitty semi final match The Ayato and Julis bonding moments though.
May 28, 2016 8:06 AM

Sep 2015
The last few mint after the ed song: Ayato's prize is to find his sister, yet his sister was in the hands of that chairman, pretty much impossible wish lol. Whats more Dirk and that chairman is in a loop also. One of the reason why Dirk is scare of sera vesta.
valvravetruthMay 28, 2016 8:11 AM
May 28, 2016 8:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Hmm, not too shabby. I mean, Ayato getting an upgraded version of his weapon thanks to Julis..

Looks like the tournament arc concludes. A rather predictable outcome with Ayato and Julis winning but whatever. They definitely deserved the win after everything. Except for that shitty semi final match The Ayato and Julis bonding moments though.
Pretty much this

That twist with the chairman though =o
May 28, 2016 8:24 AM

Feb 2015
At least the sword is ridiculously oversized anymore. Predictable end, but it was earned.

Tsun Lester was hilarious.
YautjaMay 28, 2016 8:28 AM
May 28, 2016 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Ayato and Julis won the tournament.

Ayato got an upgraded version of his weapon thanks to Julis.

That ending after the credit!
May 28, 2016 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
I'm not shocked the Chairman has his sister. I didn't expect him to work with rewolf tho. Ayato should have the girl who helped find flora search for his sister as well. If he could get her too that is.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 28, 2016 8:42 AM

Nov 2015
Well, that was pretty generic but good action atleast. I hope we get a reasonable plot for the remaining eps atleast.

The fight in itself was good, nice to see Ayato's upgraded weapon and the robot's secret that it itself is a weapon (God these shows).

Many side plots in play and I hope we get a good resolution and fitting end perhaps. Saya as always great in accepting any challenge.

As for Ayato and Julis, they got a quiet moment but I think they should've just said their feelings as there are only 3 eps left? Nonetheless looking forward to the mystery.
May 28, 2016 8:50 AM

Jan 2015
I wonder if AR-D use that "compressed" attack once again, that might cost him his feet or maybe worse.
"That" face startled me, for a sec though. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 28, 2016 9:14 AM

Aug 2013
Nice soundtrack after he got an upgrade for his sword.
It was rather obvious that they will win, but I wonder what will happen in next episodes.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 28, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2014
Isnt Ayato supposed to team up with Claudia for the net festa or am i not remembering things correctly from the last season? Also Damnit of course the chairman has his sister, I just hope shes alright and they dont pull the generic brainwashing so she fights Ayato and he has to spend the whole fight talking instead of fighting to get her back. Also kinda salty that shes naked in that test tube, they could treat her better than that lol.
Around and around the cycle goes.
May 28, 2016 9:32 AM
Dec 2015
Next episode should be interesting.. :v
May 28, 2016 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
Another power up this episode
Ayato blushed when he looked at Sylvia :o
May 28, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
This episode had that final episode feeling...

Maybe we will get a little insight about Ayato's sister in the future episodes
May 28, 2016 9:41 AM

Feb 2015
Okay, glad they are not stopping here, that's the vibe I got from this episode.
Decent episode, the fight was way too short, I wanted to see more of it and not some lame chatty shit lol

Okay, I totally ship Sylvia and Ayato. Just make her the main Girl and this may be better..
May 28, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2016
What happened to Julis during the awards ceremony? Was she with the police?
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 28, 2016 9:55 AM

Jun 2014
The outcome of this fight was predictable, but Ayato's Ser Veresta upgrade looked really cool, not gonna lie. Yabuki seems to be pretty shady with his actions this episode, and the chairman, who's working with Dirk, has Ayato's sister. Good luck getting her back.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 28, 2016 10:04 AM

Sep 2015
tywhoppity said:
What happened to Julis during the awards ceremony? Was she with the police?

Ya most likely. or maybe she is in the hospital to heal up.
May 28, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2015
Wew the ending credit, pretty much can say good luck on finding his sister. Never trust the officials especially a chairman, hahaha.
May 28, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
I skip forward every time Flora talks because her voice annoys me too much
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2016 10:10 AM

Sep 2014
Ayato finally got an upgrade from that ugly sword. I like the new design much more.
May 28, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2009
OtakuCulture said:
I skip forward every time Flora talks because her voice annoys me too much

Yeah the episode was going great, untill she started talking got infinitely worse when she started crying.

3/5

Sylvia bes grill <3
May 28, 2016 10:54 AM

Sep 2015
Damn, didn't expect the chairman to be the one holding Ayato's sister. I'm really curious about the friend guy who semes really shady. We knew he was shady since early on season 1 but it's great to see more into this subplot now. Needs more Claudia if you ask me.
May 28, 2016 11:07 AM

Jan 2015
Predictable tournament.....Ayato is basically Kirito 2.0, so basically bs approved!!!
May 28, 2016 11:33 AM
Apr 2010
Yay, they finally revealed where Ayato's sister is. Kinda.
May 28, 2016 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
I like the new Ser=Veresta. Pretty cool new upgrade made from Ayato and Julis' love xD. I have been waiting to see the secret about Ayato's friend. He looks op
May 28, 2016 12:10 PM

Oct 2008
Ok great all that effort to win the Festa and there's no meaning because Ayato will never get anything out of his prize request... That's fked up.

I don't quite get how the reformed Ser=Versta fulfilled the requirements of Ayato being faster than AR-D to be able to get one up on him. Also, why is Julis not at the prize ceremony!????

Ayato blushed at Sylvie's wink when he has never had any reaction to the other girls acting cute... that was surprising.
May 28, 2016 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
Great victory for Ayato and Julis. Ayato finally got his sword that fits with his fighting style.
Next episode names ''Lieseltania'', that means Ayato and the gangs will visit Julis's hometown. I am really excited for next week.
May 28, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2011
dat wink tho. I find it cute when Sylvie winked and Ayato blushed back.

Already had a bad feeling about that Chairman when he gave a bad look at Ayato during the start of the festa. I didn't buy his lies about the no evidence about that fatso.

The fight was predictable as many says. But it was fun watching it when he got an upgrade. Better than him losing. I skipped a lot of lame chatter like Flora's whining.

Seems like next episode the two are going somewhere. Yeah I know where they're possibly heading but I'm not gonna say it. Happy to see Sylvia again.
May 28, 2016 12:52 PM
Feb 2016
This episode was quite refreshing and enjoyable. But I would never give this a 10 as the second season has been slowly degrading story wise since the the begging of season 2.

I also dislike the pace of this show these last episode that fight with the androids was unnecessarily long and bland.

But at the end of the day it's still a great show just to pass time between the other shows on my list.
May 28, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
The fight scene felt so underwhelming to me.

And if you paid attention you could see the twist on the end come a mile away.

Still an enjoyable episode.
May 28, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2014
ronzcero said:
Next episode should be interesting.. :v

i love that wink of sylvia <3
anyway, good episode, the ending was predictable and ayato got powered up again
each episode is getting better and better, i hope to see more :D
8/10
May 28, 2016 2:23 PM
Mar 2015
Tokoya said:
Stark700 said:

Pretty much this

That twist with the chairman though =o

pretty much a given when he showed up in the show, plus a ton of clues were given in the previous eps.

iApollo said:

iApollo said:

pretty much every fights are like that for most anime nowadays...
May 28, 2016 2:42 PM
Aug 2012
hopefully no NTR moments with Ayato's onee-sama..... I want it to be a nice and clean harem~ <3 I really hate that chairman..... ****
May 28, 2016 2:44 PM
Aug 2015

Seems like they did not put much effort here..
May 28, 2016 2:57 PM

Sep 2013
The chairman was the guy who fought Ayato's sister right? so it makes sense for him to be involved.

RM-C has ulm manadite as it's engine, the same material the ogre luxes are made of :O
A 3rd robot is also in the planning stages, so it'll get even more powerful.

Yabuki kills the shadow ninja cause with powerful higher ups letting him stay alive is pointless.

The fight was dope, let's have a toast to victory.

May 28, 2016 3:07 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fucking finally, that tournament arc is over. Also remove Flora now please.

Better things to come now surely.
May 28, 2016 3:26 PM

Jan 2015
AmnesiA-chan said:

^

I think the animator was pissed so he decide to sneaky in this frame.
May 28, 2016 3:32 PM
Aug 2015
iApollo said:
AmnesiA-chan said:

^

Yeahhh probably XD
May 28, 2016 4:03 PM

May 2015
So the Festa is over. Julis and Ayato deserved it, and that final fight was great. Loved this episode as well. Even though the Festa is over, there's still a lot more going on it seems.... Didn't expect the chairman to work closely with Dirk, though. And Yabuki is one shady guy as well, holy shit. It feels like the story's far from over.

May 28, 2016 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
Glad the Festa is over, kinda weird animation in this episode all things considered but now it seems like we're gonna see some more conflict that takes place outside of the school setting at last. I wonder if they are going to try and cover the entirety of Volume 6 in the last 3 episodes of this series.
Don't believe the hype.
May 28, 2016 4:44 PM

Nov 2008
Yautja said:
At least the sword is ridiculously oversized anymore. Predictable end, but it was earned.

Tsun Lester was hilarious.
I feel like Ayato unlocked his Bankai after he got the smaller version.
May 28, 2016 4:48 PM

Apr 2014
As expect Ayato will win -_-
Yabuki sure is something there.
Overall, super meh until the end where they show Ayato's sister in that capsule.
May 28, 2016 5:38 PM

May 2009
AmnesiA-chan said:
iApollo said:
^

Yeahhh probably XD

THERE IS NO NEED FOR CHARACTER IN BACKGROUND TO BE DRAWN DETAILED. THERE IS EVEN NECESSITY FOR THEM TO BE DRAWN THIS WAY, otherwise we would get monstrocity like https://gfycat.com/RemotePastKiskadee
May 28, 2016 5:51 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This episode suddenly became much better when Sylvia winked...

....even the dense Ayato blushed when he saw that...

Sylvia rules!
...she needs her own arc

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 28, 2016 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
Wonder what the final three episodes will be... Obvious win and chairman guy was fishy from the start, so I expected that. Sylvia still best girl despite getting 2 seconds of screen time.
May 28, 2016 6:29 PM
Dec 2015
RayAdha said:
This episode suddenly became much better when Sylvia winked...

....even the dense Ayato blushed when he saw that...

Sylvia rules!
...she needs her own arc

I also thought the same :D
May 28, 2016 6:44 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, we know who the true tsundere of Ayato's harem is now, it's Lester.
May 28, 2016 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
As i thought, the last episodes will be dedicated to Ayato's sister, finally, we will know what happened to her.
That detective/cop is somehow related to Ayato's sister and he probably knows where she is and they are planning to do something to her, that's why he said they didn't found any evidence to that guy, they are friends or at least the share the same objective.

Ayato got a new sword design!! Finally xD That old square design was so horrible.
Saya trying to sound badass and scary but what everyone sees is a cute girl :3 Kirin as always is the cutest girl and that moment when she began to hide under the sheets because she was embarrassed :3 so cuteeeee omg xD

We finally saw Sylvia again, Ayato even blushed when he saw her xD I really hope there will be more of her helping them and maybe in the future she will join to Ayato's harem ;)
Great fight, Ayato as always being so OP xD I'm actually enjoying so much this 2nd season that i wonder if there is enough plot for a 3rd season, because if there is i would certainly watch it.

By now this anime is a decent 9/10 for me.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 28, 2016 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
Better hope everyone watched after ED!
May 28, 2016 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
This was a good final fight between Ayato and that giant robot, and Julis still has a long way to become a really strong girl, but I really like the interaction that exists between her and Ayato, on the other hand Lester is a great tsundere, I think he was another joining the harem of the protagonist, and now a change of scenery, I'm looking forward to the last arc of the anime ..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.