Forum Settings
Forums

The most boring taste in anime AKA anime elitists

New
May 11, 2016 9:29 PM

Jun 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5D78cJwVGQ&feature=youtu.be&a&ab_channel=DigibroAfterDark

You hear that anime elitist? I can't say your taste is shit but i can at least call it boring. I found it pretty funny that this info came from /a/ when the exact same stuff happens here. I agree with pretty much everything here but i would at least say for MAL katanagatari wouldn't be on that list.

Edit: Uhh I didn't make this thread so people could list there own opinions. If you don't wanna watch the video basically digibro calls out those people with the legend of the galatic heros/ghost in the shell/tatami galaxy/mushishi/ergo proxy etc on their favorites list and says its the most boring possible favorites list because it says nothing about you
arms98May 11, 2016 9:58 PM
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 11, 2016 9:45 PM
Aug 2015
its pretty much the people who say that attack on titan, one punch man, Code Geass, Fate/Zero,Gurren Lagann and Gintama are "good" shows
DoctorSexyMay 11, 2016 9:49 PM
May 11, 2016 9:46 PM

Mar 2015
taste is personal, and i never want to look down on anyone simply just because chinese cartoon taste...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 11, 2016 9:48 PM

Dec 2014
arms98 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5D78cJwVGQ&feature=youtu.be&a&ab_channel=DigibroAfterDark

You hear that anime elitist? I can't say your taste is shit but i can at least call it boring. I found it pretty funny that this info came from /a/ when the exact same stuff happens here. I agree with pretty much everything here but i would at least say for MAL katanagatari wouldn't be on that list.
katanagatari is sooooooooooooo boring
May 11, 2016 10:02 PM

Jun 2008
I like how people always attack "elitist" regardless of whatever medium were talking about, from music to film to anime, by calling whatever they enjoy boring. I'm sorry but some people just have a more sophisticated taste in their entertainment. I'm sorry you don't get it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2016 10:04 PM

Mar 2015
Hey, Katanagatari is not boring. It got bunch of dirty jokes, funny moment, touching moment, etc2.
This salad is salty favored
May 11, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2008
21 said:
I like how people always attack "elitist" regardless of whatever medium were talking about, from music to film to anime, by calling whatever they enjoy boring. I'm sorry but some people just have a more sophisticated taste in their entertainment. I'm sorry you don't get it

That there basically goes both ways.
May 11, 2016 10:09 PM

Nov 2015
Wtf bro?
So apparently someone's taste in anime is supposed to be entertaining now?

I'm gonna like what I want to and I'm not gonna apologize for liking certain types of anime.
Fuck off.
May 11, 2016 10:12 PM
Mar 2011
i wonder what he would think og my faves of the monment
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 11, 2016 10:14 PM

Apr 2014
elitist or plebs or w.e are all stupid

u do realize ur fucking watching cartoons at the end of the day. look in the mirror and realize that for a second.
May 11, 2016 10:15 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
LMAO the exact same shit i've said to some of the people with favorites lists like this xD
May 11, 2016 10:15 PM

May 2015
GesuYarou said:
Wtf bro?

I'm gonna like what I want to and I'm not gonna apologize for liking certain types of anime.
Fuck off.

Couldn't phrase it better myself.
+1
Some inspirational quotes:

ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata - Ace
whopsakaflopsa! - Soul
May 11, 2016 10:17 PM

Jun 2015
That was a disgusting waste of time.

World Masterpiece theatre titles are rarely seen by most people

Cowboy Bebop is effing mainstream. It is action so I doubt that it is boring

Mushishi is a love it or hate it show. Either you will praise it or it falls to mediocrity in your eyes

Just watched the first 10 minutes, couldn't stand the all high and mighty pretentious bullshit.

Jun 2014
21 said:

Don't think you got the message. Its issue isn't that you like X anime, its that in your favorites list, which is supposed to represent which animes you personally like the most, is filled with nothing but the most acclaimed series that you can guarantee no one will question you for liking. Your favorites are supposed to be the shows that stuck out the most to you; crafting your favorites list based off of what other people like think is the best is kinda boring.

GesuYarou said:
Wtf bro?

Fuck off.

This is it. This is the mentality you're normally supposed to have when making a favorites list; its what YOU like. Which is why its so strange you have so many people on this website and elsewhere that seem to have molded their favorites based on a universal agreement.
arms98May 11, 2016 10:23 PM
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

Nov 2015
Mamster-P said:
LMAO the exact same shit i've said to some of the people with favorites lists like this xD
But why should you be concerned as long as long as they don't shit on you for your taste?
May 11, 2016 10:19 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GesuYarou said:
Mamster-P said:
But why should you be concerned as long as long as they don't shit on you for your taste?

because this is the internet and we do that to each other...

i don't even watch this guy lol
May 11, 2016 10:19 PM

Dec 2015
DateYutaka said:

Wanted to see your favorites on my phone but then I saw your list. How in the world did you complete more than 6000 anime?
May 11, 2016 10:22 PM

Nov 2015
Mamster-P said:
GesuYarou said:

because this is the internet and we do that to each other...

i don't even watch this guy lol

You better not be one of those insufferable 'elitist-hunters' who pick on people with such anime in their lists just because someone else rustled their jimmies.
May 11, 2016 10:22 PM

Apr 2015
I just happen to see that video before even entering. I also appear to have two shows mentioned in there.

Looking forward to see if most people are going to actually focus on what he actually Said.
May 11, 2016 10:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GesuYarou said:

You better not be one of those insufferable 'elitist-hunters' who pick on people with such anime in their lists just because someone else rustled their jimmies.

i just lol'd irl

i just bite back at people who bite at people like me first, hell no do i "look for it"

GesuYarou said:
Wtf bro?

Fuck off.

i agree 100% but still it does look like of suspicious when people have lists like that

and there are people who do leave things out of their favorites just to hide it or w/e
EcchiGodMamsterMay 11, 2016 10:30 PM
May 11, 2016 10:29 PM

May 2015
@arms98
Where did you get the elitist stuff from? You are even misinterpreting the one that you are using as your source. Elitist is not about what anime you like but you attitude towards others taste, so it seems that you have quite an elitistic behaviour "your show are shit because are boring" type.

Digibro calls out those that put those favourites to appear more intellectual or blend with the major consensus. If someone genuinely likes and thinks those shows are the best I don't see why others should judge.

Then again if it says nothing about you it is not necessarily boring but Digibro finds it that way which is fine. But the step from digibro's opinion to fact is non-existent. You are using somebody else's opinion to criticize a category which doesn't really exist, congratz.

Oh, wait I have Ping pong the animation on my favourites, I must have a boring taste. The fact that it is good and that I like and play table tennis must have nothing to do with it.
zalMay 11, 2016 10:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2016 10:33 PM

Mar 2008
arms98 said:
21 said:

Don't think you got the message. Its issue isn't that you like X anime, its that in your favorites list, which is supposed to represent which animes you personally like the most, is filled with nothing but the most acclaimed series that you can guarantee no one will question you for liking. Your favorites are supposed to be the shows that stuck out the most to you; crafting your favorites list based off of what other people like think is the best is kinda boring.

GesuYarou said:
Wtf bro?

Fuck off.

This is it. This is the mentality you're normally supposed to have when making a favorites list; its what YOU like. Which is why its so strange you have so many people on this website and elsewhere that seem to have molded their favorites based on a universal agreement.

OP, I know it's hard to believe, but it's actually possible to like those "elitist" anime!
May 11, 2016 10:45 PM

Jul 2012
Wait wat.
arms98 said:

Edit: Uhh I didn't make this thread so people could list there own opinions. If you don't wanna watch the video basically digibro calls out those people with the legend of the galatic heros/ghost in the shell/tatami galaxy/mushishi/ergo proxy etc on their favorites list and says its the most boring possible favorites list because it says nothing about you

So why did you make a thread if you don't want people to say their opinion? So is this thread just intended to be shameless advertising, or an attack thread with shameless advertising? Because I think you're confusing it with the youtube comments section.
OT though, who cares about other people's favorite lists? Granted I'm not going to watch the video but caring about anonymous people in general seems like a huge waste of energy.
May 11, 2016 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah, fuck those elitists for liking something different.

I hope the irony isn't lost on you.
ReaperCreeperMay 11, 2016 10:52 PM
May 11, 2016 10:48 PM
Mar 2011
holysauron said:
DateYutaka said:

Wanted to see your favorites on my phone but then I saw your list. How in the world did you complete more than 6000 anime?

i grew p watching anime eithe ron tvv or home media
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 11, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2015
People can like what they like.
Never understood why anyone cares so much what anime others like, honestly.

May 11, 2016 10:50 PM

Feb 2015
The problem is that some people genuinely DO like those shows. On top of that, because they're so highly praised and recommended, it's more likely that a budding anime viewer will turn to and try out those shows first, which makes it more likely that they too will recommend those shows to others.

Basically, those shows have become memetic.

How embarrassing that the dude would put Psycho Pass in a 3x3 though.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 11, 2016 10:51 PM

Oct 2013
May 11, 2016 10:52 PM

Nov 2012
i don't see the problem, what if they just really do like those shows?
May 11, 2016 10:52 PM

Jan 2016
_Esper_ said:
Hey, Katanagatari is not boring. It got bunch of dirty jokes, funny moment, touching moment, etc2.

I know, right? I feel like people who say it's boring, haven't really watched it.
I have seriously seen the whole series around 4 times, twice on my own and twice with different friends, and I have honestly enjoyed it every time.

And why should I care what some Youtuber says?
I have anime on my favorites list that I actually like, and have always liked since the day I watched them.
Why should I change my tastes, because of what some guy with a cam says?
I have no reason to care about anyone's opinion of the anime that I like, and quite frankly, anybody who believes that their opinion is worth more that anyone else's can fuck right off. xD

In other words, my Favorites list will stay unchanged, boring as it is. ^^
May 11, 2016 10:55 PM

Jan 2016
DoctorSexy said:
its pretty much the people who say that attack on titan, one punch man, Code Geass, Fate/Zero,Gurren Lagann and Gintama are "good" shows

I mean, they are good, but I guess that's my opinion
May 11, 2016 10:56 PM

Aug 2014
Digibro has seemed like an idiot before, but he does have some valid points. But screw that, I'll like what I like. If some people are to insecure and just picks "critically acclaimed" stuff to fit in the brainhive, then so be it.
May 11, 2016 10:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
everyone is obviously subjected to their own tastes or w/e, i kind of advocate that..... watch ecchi anime you scrubs... but

if a person at a buffet only pics the vegetables, the non fatty meats, the gluten free breads, etc
and doens't take any of the junk food, is it wrong to assume they're trying to eat healthy?

ill have to admit, i do agree when i see a list that is nothing but "people won't question this" anime, it does come off as people just trying to look smart or w/e you wanna call it... i mean, a few people on here have even told me their favorites don't reflect who they are as a person, and many times people will be like "omg i love this genre, its my favorite, i mostly watch those kinds of shows" then you look at their favorites and theres sometimes not even ONE anime from that genre on there... idk... looks kinda fake to me...

of course, you can like those the most, but if theres no diversity at all in your ratings or w/e thats just how it may come off

NOT THAT YOU SHOULD GIVE A SHIT..... but just saying
May 11, 2016 11:02 PM

Jun 2014
GamerDLM said:
Wait wat.
arms98 said:

So why did you make a thread if you don't want people to say their opinion? So is this thread just intended to be shameless advertising, or an attack thread with shameless advertising? Because I think you're confusing it with the youtube comments section.
OT though, who cares about other people's favorite lists? Granted I'm not going to watch the video but caring about anonymous people in general seems like a huge waste of energy.

The original title of this thread was "the most boring taste in anime" and the first couple of comments were just lists what they thought that was as opposed to specifically talking about what was covered in the video. I added the edit for the people who didn't want to watch it.

May 11, 2016 11:03 PM

Oct 2011
I don't care about your taste, as long as you can justify what you like and what you don't.
May 11, 2016 11:08 PM

Nov 2015
BlueKite said:
I don't care about your taste, as long as you can justify what you like and what you don't.

This as well
I've come across a lot of people who don't know why they like GED. They just have it in their favorites so they they can fit in as one of the 'cool kids'..
May 11, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2014
zal said:
@arms98
Where did you get the elitist stuff from? You are even misinterpreting the one that you are using as your source. Elitist is not about what anime you like but you attitude towards others taste, so it seems that you have quite an elitistic behaviour "your show are shit because are boring" type.

Digibro calls out those that put those favourites to appear more intellectual or blend with the major consensus. If someone genuinely likes and thinks those shows are the best I don't see why others should judge.

Then again if it says nothing about you it is not necessarily boring but Digibro finds it that way which is fine. But the step from digibro's opinion to fact is non-existent. You are using somebody else's opinion to criticize a category which doesn't really exist, congratz.

Oh, wait I have Ping pong the animation on my favourites, I must have a boring taste. The fact that it is good and that I like and play table tennis must have nothing to do with it.

The elitist stuff didn't come from the video, I made the connection between "anime elites" and the video because this has already been a thing on this website and the anime mentioned in the video were for the most part the exact shows that those people have on their favorites list. Its not just having ping pong or just having the legend of the legendary heroes, its the entire set.

May 11, 2016 11:15 PM

Feb 2015
WUT??!?!?!?! i must put an anime which many people like in general in my favorite ? WUTTT?!?!?! then what fav for if i put it like that ? dammit. the stupidity made me lost some of my brain cells. i'm tired to explain everything like always. i might lose all of my brain cells.
YizelTroMay 11, 2016 11:19 PM
May 11, 2016 11:17 PM

Aug 2014
arms98 said:
zal said:
@arms98

The elitist stuff didn't come from the video, I made the connection between "anime elites" and the video because this has already been a thing on this website and the anime mentioned in the video were for the most part the exact shows that those people have on their favorites list. Its not just having ping pong or just having the legend of the legendary heroes, its the entire set.
Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's because those animes are actually great, to the point people who liked 2-3 that might have something specific to them would actually like the rest aswell? Nah, can't be...
May 11, 2016 11:18 PM

May 2015
arms98 said:

wtf ghost in the shell is elitist?? it's one of the more well known anime movies that's not miyazaki/ghilbi. even i know that one and am offended.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
May 11, 2016 11:18 PM

May 2015
arms98 said:
zal said:
@arms98

Even having the entire set doesn't make you an elitist, maybe in Digibro's opinion the taste is boring but as I and others already said elitism is an attitude and not limited to some anime. Your connection is not-existant.

Digibro's opinion applies only to those that choose their favourites in order to be "accepted" or "not criticized" not even to people call themselves "elitists".

ashfrliebert said:
arms98 said:

wtf ghost in the shell is elitist?? it's one of the more well known anime movies that's not miyazaki/ghilbi. even i know that one and am offended.
Well, it's before 2000 so if somebody likes it that means he must be an elitist. However I've seen many that think ghost in the shell is for elitists.
zalMay 11, 2016 11:24 PM
May 11, 2016 11:27 PM

Jun 2014
zal said:
arms98 said:

Even having the entire set doesn't make you an elitist, maybe in Digibro's opinion the taste is boring but as I and others already said elitism is an attitude and not limited to some anime. Your connection is not-existant.

Digibro's opinion applies only to those that choose their favourites in order to be "accepted" or "not criticized" not even to people call themselves "elitists".

K I never said it was direct causation. But the correlation is most defiantly there. People shiting on other people's tastes and threads of the like happen on this website, and when they try to recommend "good" anime all these titles show up . I think its relevant because it makes sense that the people who go out of there way to judge what other people like would have a favorites list that you can't criticize.

May 11, 2016 11:27 PM

Feb 2015
why people need to categorized anime fans as elitist and casual in the first place dammit. it's annoying.
May 11, 2016 11:37 PM

Jan 2014
Tevens said:
why people need to categorized anime fans as elitist and casual in the first place dammit. it's annoying.
I don't know, I don't even know the difference
May 11, 2016 11:42 PM

May 2015
People with boring taste are those that only say 'Well, I enjoyed it'.

You can't talk to these people. There's nothing to talk about.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 11, 2016 11:42 PM

May 2015
arms98 said:
zal said:

K I never said it was direct causation. But the correlation is most defiantly there. People shiting on other people's tastes and threads of the like happen on this website, and when they try to recommend "good" anime all these titles show up . I think its relevant because it makes sense that the people who go out of there way to judge what other people like would have a favorites list that you can't criticize.
But now you are digressing from the topic. There might be a correlation but still doesn't justify your connection from boring taste to elitist. Shitting on someone else's taste is not done only by those that you consider elitist. Somebody with 90% of their shows rated 10 mainly composed by mainstream anime, ecchi and hentai said that my taste is shit. Saying someone's taste is shit is always wrong but I don't see what's bad in suggesting something that is largely considered good, they might like it.
May 11, 2016 11:51 PM

Mar 2014
I loke Digibro, but damn. It seems like he's just salty because Mushishi is more liked than K-ON! And he comes off as posturing just like the people he's criticizing. He's so happy he has Kill la Kill in his favorites, because it has some haters and makes him look slightly more controversial. How much of a hipster can you be? I guess it's not any worse than the people who fake their lists, because I'm sure that dors happen, but he's still so cringet. Why does he care? Why does he think that just because somebody likes a well liked show that he doesn't, they must be trying to impress people?
May 11, 2016 11:54 PM

Mar 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
People with boring taste are those that only say 'Well, I enjoyed it'.

You can't talk to these people. There's nothing to talk about.
This, the shows in your list don't make you boring. Being boring makes you boring.
May 11, 2016 11:55 PM

Feb 2013
arms98 said:

jfc whos gona watch 15 minutes of guy talking >_>
that video might as well be called The Most Boring Video In Youtube

You hear that anime youtuber? I can't say your taste is shit but i can at least call it boring. I found it pretty funny that this video came from MAL when those favourites are most common on /a/'s 3x3 threads.

But i'd say you can add all anime with high amount of favourites as being part of "most boring possible favorites list because it says nothing about you".. In your particular case, OP, that means Tengan Toppa Meme Lagann, Darker Than Edgy, and that volleyball yaoi, all with 10k+ favourites.
May 11, 2016 11:56 PM

Feb 2015
merryfistmas said:
Why does he care?

Apparently he loves trying to dissect the sort of person someone is from a 3x3 they made, and particularly trying to work out what that 3x3 says about what they value or don't value in an anime series. Hence the frustration of constantly seeing the exact same 10-20 shows on nearly every single 3x3 which presumably was the impetus for that rant.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why so much hate for Sousou no Frieren?

Gashadokur0 - 3 hours ago

16 by Rhae »»
2 minutes ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion? ( 1 2 )

castle2001 - May 5

65 by DX_impulse »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime you’ve been with for a while

Yonahim_Zz - 7 hours ago

16 by notPara »»
5 minutes ago

» Ever stopped watching an anime bc you like it so much ?

Yonahim_Zz - 7 hours ago

20 by 23feanor »»
10 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

112 by Toooooooooohru »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.