Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 5, 2016 9:07 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

So Level Up Kabane's are attacking the Train in Tunnel...and Mumei and Ikoma are Facing Level Ups...

Well yes, I say that this is right now heading towards other direction than just being copy for AoT...

and Ikoma was not killed for trying to take bite from Ayame? well that is Surprise since it is supposed to be Shogun System time period in Japan..especially when Kurusu found him..Kabane's came just on right time....And that it is a 1st.

AND I knew these so called 6 houses were so going to try anything to get Ayame step down...Woman Leader....like hell Prejudice Bastard like these were going to accept woman leader. and Knew they were going to do this...

Yep I personally hope that those 6 Heads or something will be ripped into pieces. Well.4 heads. X) Dual Wielder Cut 2 down Already! Banzai!

Ayame takes over again. after giving it over... Me thinks she really has to grown a Spine just like in last episode...And Kurusu got pwned...so Ikoma to rescue.

JarjaxleMay 5, 2016 11:39 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 5, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2013
What's the actual reason greenlight this anime, anyway?
It's already 4 episodes and I can't stop seeing lots of similarities with AoT.

both in stories and the show's structure itself.
May 5, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, nothing really happened after that tense moment. Glad to see Ikoma somehow regaining his self again.

Pretty tense episode still. I love how grim this got and I think the people on the train realized it from the beginning. OST is nice too this episode. Pretty good action in general, actually now that I think about it, this feels quite like Attack on Titan style in terms of action. Glad to see them survive that encounter...damn, what an episode.

Jarjaxle said:
and Ikoma was not killed for trying to take bite from Ayame?

Of course not....
Jul 2018
ROCK ON SHOUJO
ROCK ON SHOUJO
ROCK ON SHOUJO

Also, dual wielding kabane made my fucking day.

Apr 2008
Nexxkinn said:

You can't be serious
May 5, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
Nexxkinn said:

Similarities there are...but also you can say that this is similar to Highschool of Dead and Valvrave....

as long it is not copy it can use other series as inspiration....and let put this way, just because they use steam with their Guns for example, it is not copy..if they had used the Steam with some kind of 3d Attack maneuver...well then I would have gotten annoyed.

and because there is some similarities to AoT of course it get lot's of a interest. potential Bad ass like AoT? sure hell people are going watch
Stark700 said:
Welp, nothing really happened after that tense moment. Glad to see Ikoma somehow regaining his self again.

Pretty tense episode still. I love how grim this got and I think the people on the train realized it from the beginning. OST is nice too this episode. Pretty good action in general, actually now that I think about it, this feels quite like Attack on Titan style in terms of action. Glad to see them survive that encounter...damn, what an episode.

Jarjaxle said:
and Ikoma was not killed for trying to take bite from Ayame?

Of course not....

Let me put this way...This is Feudal/Industrial Time of Japan....where Shogun system is still Active...Where Class System for People is Active....In reality Ikoma would have Died if Kurusu or any of the Bunshi would have seen her trying to take Bite on Ayame...She is Literally Princess and Ikoma is a Peasant...and top of that no Loger Fully Human....he might have lost his Tongue or Arms for just being Peasant and trying to touch her...

That Bite Try? Easy to say they would have cut his Head off.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AversaMay 5, 2016 9:51 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 5, 2016 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Jarjaxle said:
Stark700 said:

Of course not....

Let me put this way...This is Feudal/Industrial Time of Japan....where Shogun system is still Active...Where Class System for People is Active....In reality Ikoma would have Died if Kurusu or any of the Bunshi would have seen her trying to take Bite on Ayame...She is Literally Princess and Ikoma is a Peasant...and top of that no Loger Fully Human....he might have lost his Tongue or Arms for just being Peasant and trying to touch her...

Err, if you actually watched the episode, it clearly showed that he didn't get killed this episode. There's no need to explain more than that, it's simple as that.
May 5, 2016 9:39 AM

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
Jarjaxle said:

Err, if you actually watched the episode, it clearly showed that he didn't' get killed. There's no need to explain more than that, it's simple as that.

I knew he was not killed, I was just surprised that happen even if I know it is fiction and MC will not die in the begin of the Series. ...usually..unless Makers want to Mind Fuck the viewers...

May 5, 2016 9:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nexxkinn said:

Just when you think the AoT comparisons would have died from episode 2, there's always someone that has to be that guy every week
May 5, 2016 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
Tokoya said:
Nexxkinn said:

Just when you think the AoT comparisons would have died from episode 2, there's always someone that has to be that guy every week

Tell me about it (Eye Roll)

May 5, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
So, oujo-sama bled for the greater good after sacrificing another batch of peasants :))

May 5, 2016 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
zellami said:
So, oujo-sama bled for the greater good after sacrificing another batch of peasants :))

well..that was actually 6-5 Heads or what those retainers are...took control and screwed up. They changed the direction of the train
TyrelMay 5, 2016 12:33 PM

May 5, 2016 11:39 AM

Nov 2012
WTF is up with the kabanes??? Just like somebody mentioned in another discussion they are pretty inconsistent and behave however fits better the scene; sometimes they are slow like classic zombies of old movies, sometimes they are fast like the zombies of world war Z, and on this episode there is even a samurai zombie which was pretty cool btw funny how he was quite agile with both arms even though it looked like his left shoulder was out of place.
May 5, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2008
jose21 said:
WTF is up with the kabanes??? Just like somebody mentioned in another discussion they are pretty inconsistent and behave however fits better the scene; sometimes they are slow like classic zombies of old movies, sometimes they are fast like the zombies of world war Z, and on this episode there is even a samurai zombie which was pretty cool btw funny how he was quite agile with both arms even though it looked like his left shoulder was out of place.

Is every human on the planet the same? No they're not. The diversity actually is a nice spin on the usual Zombie theme. It's not like these things are all manufactured in a factory having a strict standard
Darklight0303May 5, 2016 11:57 AM
May 5, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
@Jarjaxle

It doesn't matter if they are 5-6 or who, actually. "One" is enough, given the situation could have been handled better by Ayame. I'd like to wait for the subs, but when she was cornered by the noble, the moment I thought "Don't give the fucking key", she threw it like, "have it your way" :] Well, perhaps some things are better appreciated when the zombie munches off your wife as a spaghetti dish.
May 5, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
They literally lost most of the people for doubting the kabaneri. I'm happy with this outcome though because now people believe them and are willing to give them blood.
May 5, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2008
Wrsty said:
They literally lost most of the people for doubting the kabaneri. I'm happy with this outcome though because now people believe them and are willing to give them blood.

A most effective culling and pretty much darwin at work
May 5, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2015
Why they also stuffed Sukari to the Kabaneri is beyond me right now.

If he talked good about Kabaneris and demanded their freedom we could've at least seen that but we got nothing. Right now there is a big "?" to why he was with them in the first place. I hope we get a reason for that later on.

Aside from that action scenes were good except some stills here and there but all in all it matched great with the soundtrack. Liked it! :)
FappaMay 5, 2016 1:02 PM
May 5, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
Fappa said:
Why they also stuffed Sukari to the Kabaneri is beyond me right now.

If he talked good about Kabaneris and demanded the freedom we could've at least seen that but we got nothing. Right now there is a big "?" to why he was with them in the first place. I hope we get a reason for that later on.

Aside from that action scenes were good except some stills here and there but all in all it matched great with the soundtrack. Liked it! :)

For no apparent reason, because they are stupid.
May 5, 2016 1:44 PM

Oct 2014
I've found some webms and yeah, you can use katanas to decapitate kabanes. No superstrength needed. That one's out of the barrel.

Not that you'd want to use one instead of a gun, but in close quarters, is better than anything.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 5, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2008
KoreaWS said:
I've found some webms and yeah, you can use katanas to decapitate kabanes. No superstrength needed. That one's out of the barrel.

Not that you'd want to use one instead of a gun, but in close quarters, is better than anything.

It's still not a skill that anyone can have.
May 5, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2014
I would give Mumei my blood in a heartbeat XD

I wonder what other kinds of kabane are out there

May 5, 2016 2:20 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep. The action was really really great. Esp the sequence with Kurusu, Ikoma and Mumei. So dynamic and the art was pretty good throughout that scene. not to mention Mumei's armpits :L

The Wazatori are nice to know about. So there are some BA not so mindless Kabane out there? Man was this one huge tho. And he was savage asf slashing everything in his way like that.

Ayame keeps growing on me. The offer of a contract was such a good scene with the blood flying like that. It was cool seeing Kurusu finally tone down the tsun. Takumi's such a great bro too. And I definitely wanna know more about Yukina.

I just love how Gaijin-san talks. The English words he mention in between the jp are so lol
Glad he didn't get injured or anything.
May 5, 2016 2:26 PM
Jan 2015
This episode really did deliver, these first few episode of Kabaneri have been fantastic, lots of great action scenes in the episode and the introduction of a new type of Kabane, called Wazatori.

Ayame's steampunk bow was pretty interesting, kinda surprised nobody has mentioned it yet?

And finally that soundtrack, when is that getting released? It's fanfuckingtastic.
SwiftyMay 5, 2016 5:23 PM
May 5, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2008
Swifty said:
This episode really did deliver, these first few episode of Kabaneri have been fantastic, lots of great action scenes in the episode and the introduction of a new type of Kabane, caleld Wazatori.

Ayame's steampunk was pretty interesting, kinda surprised nobody has mentioned it yet?

And finally that soundtrack, when is that getting released? It's fanfuckingtastic.

OST coming out on the 18th of this month
May 5, 2016 2:30 PM

Aug 2007
That dual-wielding kabane literally cut katanas and obstacles in half. Like, even if it had superstrength that's a bit too much
May 5, 2016 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
Cheezy said:
That dual-wielding kabane literally cut katanas and obstacles in half. Like, even if it had superstrength that's a bit too much

No not really. Katanas aren't as durable as western swords you know
May 5, 2016 2:35 PM
Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:

OST coming out on the 18th of this month

Well shit, time to go pre-order that then.
May 5, 2016 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Liking this series more and more, been a while since I got really pumped for the next episode of an anime.

I think the reason why Ayame stepped down her place is both pressure from the six fu... I mean heads who, if you don't forget, are older than her so would be senior and she would act like a proper oujosama and bow down to her elders.

The introduction of another Kabane is an interesting one as it makes me wonder what will happen if they keep growing? Maybe a human like Kabane will appear that can think and direct the Kabane like a Hive mind? Scary thought.

Anyway the action is pretty good but I wonder how much of the people are left after this attack? Hate to be the poor bugger that has to go up to each of the corpses after the battle and punch their hearts out...

Anyway at the end of the episode we get to see the people accept Ikoma and Mumei as a viable fighting force. While Ayame has steadily grown as a leader as she now takes back the key, maybe we'll get to see her develop even more as a commander, Mumei's comment might push her in that direction.

Can't wait to see what happens next time.

And the AoT comparison is getting stupid more and more really.

Both uses steam power items.

Both are against a horde of monsters

Both have some kind of political struggle of sorts

If there are more comparison please list them if you like but I can't see the two been the same, not even by a long shot.
May 5, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
Good riddance to all those cowards.
May 5, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
ColdBreeze said:
KoreaWS said:

Oh so my point is (kind of) valid now. Nice.

Except no it's not since even Kurusu's friend said it. A TRAINED SAMURAI. Bushi aren't anything like that and even Kurusu was defeated by the Wazatori. So no your point is still worthless
May 5, 2016 3:05 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Another good episode. Things didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would be after the last episode's cliffhanger.
Lol, wasn't expecting dual-weilding kabane xD

4/5
May 5, 2016 3:10 PM

Mar 2015
I'm glad these people are dead

May 5, 2016 3:12 PM

Sep 2015
The slowmotion was insane !
Great insert song
They used children to clean the car stained with blood -_-
May 5, 2016 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
That sword wielding Kabane was op! Love the way it was just dodging the gun fire.

The OST on the train got me hyped! Seeing Mumei fodderise Kabane like that is fun to watch.

I still find that dude who speaks random words of english to be hilarious.
May 5, 2016 3:14 PM

Sep 2010
Never_ending said:
Liking this series more and more, been a while since I got really pumped for the next episode of an anime.

I think the reason why Ayame stepped down her place is both pressure from the six fu... I mean heads who, if you don't forget, are older than her so would be senior and she would act like a proper oujosama and bow down to her elders.

The introduction of another Kabane is an interesting one as it makes me wonder what will happen if they keep growing? Maybe a human like Kabane will appear that can think and direct the Kabane like a Hive mind? Scary thought.

Anyway the action is pretty good but I wonder how much of the people are left after this attack? Hate to be the poor bugger that has to go up to each of the corpses after the battle and punch their hearts out...

Anyway at the end of the episode we get to see the people accept Ikoma and Mumei as a viable fighting force. While Ayame has steadily grown as a leader as she now takes back the key, maybe we'll get to see her develop even more as a commander, Mumei's comment might push her in that direction.

If there are more comparison please list them if you like but I can't see the two been the same, not even by a long shot.

after the 2 first episodes they need to flee to the only habitable stronghold left in the world (in their particular setting)

both protagonists have the same powers as the monsters they are trying to fight

both monsters (titan and kabane) have different species, more powerful than the regular versions

in both settings the protagonist lost his family to the monsters that attacked the city he was in

in both series, the higher ups want to execute the protagonist since they see him as threat to the wellbeing of the rest of the population.

i can continue if you want. the similarities are there, if you can't see it, you're just to blind to do it.

sure there are some differences,such as wheere it takes place and the message they are trying to coonvey through some characters, but seriously, saying that comparing shingeki to this is stupid is a completly bonkers

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
May 5, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2015
Cheezy said:

well katana can cut steel. so yeah still little bit over the top. thought so too. but its not something out of mind
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
May 5, 2016 3:25 PM
Jul 2013
That settles it. AOT. Soundtrack and choreography are off the charts. Mumei is becoming more likeable. Ikoma is still a good MC. Seems like that was the end of the 1st arc. Cannot wait for more
May 5, 2016 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Xykko said:
Never_ending said:

after the 2 first episodes they need to flee to the only habitable stronghold left in the world (in their particular setting)

both monsters (titan and kabane) have different species, more powerful than the regular versions

in both settings the protagonist lost his family to the monsters that attacked the city he was in

in both series, the higher ups want to execute the protagonist since they see him as threat to the wellbeing of the rest of the population.

i can continue if you want. the similarities are there, if you can't see it, you're just to blind to do it.

sure there are some differences,such as wheere it takes place and the message they are trying to coonvey through some characters, but seriously, saying that comparing shingeki to this is stupid is a completly bonkers

The difference with this anime which also the biggest difference is that this anime is original and is not an adaption while AOT is an adaptation that needs to follow source material. This can be both positive and negative in terms of story and anime, but i have faith it's going to be positive for this anime.

It might be kinda the same like AOT, but what does this matter guys if it's good and fun to watch then they did a great job right?
May 5, 2016 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
Did the ED song change...? Even if a little bit. It's a bit longer than the previous lol.
May 5, 2016 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
@Xykko

Point taken but to go on and on about the similarities is kind of asking people are you trying to troll.

I'll say you're not for argument sake, but don't say it again next episode as no one likes a parrot.

If you don't like people saying that you're a troll for keep saying it's too similar then please don't post.

The setting in AoT I now recall, as I read the manga up to the point of where Eren was taken.

The reason why I do not believe they are the same at this point is that with Eren powers it's not possible to create another of his kind, presently in the anime that is.

But you forget that if a titan injure you that's it you're dead, while Kabane has the zombie problem where a bite will cause that person to come after you.

Also we have to remember that if you're bitten you're considered good as dead and everyone will try to kill you before you kill them. The scene of the pregnant woman been killed kind of made me feel sad that people instantly blamed Mumei as been evil for killing her, despite that they were all terrified of her qhwn she staggers around looking like a Kabane.

With the setting in AoT is vastly different as they have a town next to them that makes it easy for them to move to safety, well kind of.

KnK have to travel by train and pray they don't get ambushed and killed as they reach to another settlement, on that maybe over runned already.

Also the characters here are better I believe, again you can look at the second lead from both sides been good fighters. But I find that Misaka was so dead emotionally unless Eren was involved while Mumei is a bit more colourful.

So yeah they're similar but they are different enough to warrant their own merits.

I won't reply/argue if you make another post saying how similar they are as it's just a waste of time with people throwning tantrums here and there.

So case closed.
May 5, 2016 3:34 PM

Sep 2010
Dunciboy said:
Xykko said:

The difference with this anime which also the biggest difference is that this anime is original and is not an adaption while AOT is an adaptation that needs to follow source material. This can be both positive and negative in terms of story and anime, but i have faith it's going to be positive for this anime.

It might be kinda the same like AOT, but what does this matter guys if it's good and fun to watch then they did a great job right?

if it's an "ORIGINAL" it shouldn't borrow so many traits from an ongoing work. to me this is funny like mayoiga. completly retarded yet laughable.

but sure everyone has different tastes and view things from a different prespective, but that doesn't me i'm completly wrong or completly right

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
May 5, 2016 3:35 PM

Apr 2008
Xykko said:
Never_ending said:

Every single argument you made is so hilariously wrong
May 5, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2015
Tyrel said:
Did the ED song change...? Even if a little bit. It's a bit longer than the previous lol.

Yeah it did. I think in the OST preview there is another version of the ending song sung by another person and its named differently. Or it just may be the part of the ending we don't know yet. I think I could hear chelly and aimer swap back and forth which wasn't the case in the regular ED
May 5, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Xykko said:
Dunciboy said:

if it's an "ORIGINAL" it shouldn't borrow so many traits from an ongoing work. to me this is funny like mayoiga. completly retarded yet laughable.

but sure everyone has different tastes and view things from a different prespective, but that doesn't me i'm completly wrong or completly right

Original as is self written and not based on an adaption. I don't mean original as how you are saying it.

Also nobody is right or wrong since these are all opinions and everyone is free to share those as long as they don't harm other or break other opinions down.

I don't think this anime is laughable though it might have taken many ideas from other sources. I enjoy watching this.
Though I can understand that other people do not like watching things that they have already that has many similarities with them.

Darklight0303 said:
Xykko said:

Every single argument you made is so hilariously wrong

If it is so wrong maybe explain him what is wrong?
May 5, 2016 3:42 PM

Apr 2008
wawon0 said:
Does the repair dude with the blonde hair have the same voice actor as TK from angel beats?

Kinda sounds that way I think
May 5, 2016 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
MeowingtonsHax said:
I'm glad these people are dead

Would have been perfect if that had been all members of that gang

May 5, 2016 3:47 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mumei's mood swings are very irritating. Don't really like her at this point.

Ikoma saves the people and tells them flat out that he needs blood. Good move.

Ayame might just become my favourite character if she keeps going like this.

Kurasu did well enough but i hoped for a better resolve. I kinda see him sacrificing himself later on.

Action and OST were really good as usual.
May 5, 2016 3:52 PM

Jan 2015
Really cool episode I must say. However seeing Ikoma and Mumei clearing of all the blood on the floor I thought to myself "Man they must be sad cuz so much food was wasted" xD
May 5, 2016 3:53 PM
Jun 2014
In my opinion this is the best anime series i have watched. Of course i see the AOT similarities, one could say it is a straight up copy-paste in terms of story and structure. BUT the screenplay and direction makes me feel i am watching a hollywood movie. It is truly refreshing to watch a pearl like KNK in a sea of shounen kawaii stuff, which gets boring REAL fast! I give this a 10 out of 10 and a thumbs up.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.