Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2016 2:43 PM
Aug 2015
That very special moment when No Way Back started to play...

10/10. God Eater was fantastic, while it didn't touch on everything it did throw a lot of implications in the last of minutes nodding towards it. Which is perfectly fine by me. Also, hazzah. Lenka is alive and he looks fantastic in that captain uniform.

I think the hiatus sucked, but it was definitely worth it. Now just need to wait for the anime OST to be uploaded.

RIP Lindow <3
Mar 26, 2016 4:14 PM

Sep 2013
Cool fight, but I hate how they made Big Daddy Pita afraid of Lenka at the end :'(

Super saiyan goku vs frieza XD
Wonder if they did it on purpose.

Launching people into space, called it, but only that small amount? are they in the stone ages?
Ending with a tease :'(
ichii_1Mar 26, 2016 7:34 PM
Mar 26, 2016 4:14 PM

Nov 2014
I like the new eye color.
Mar 26, 2016 4:24 PM
Mar 2014
I want a season 2. Really liked this anime.
Mar 26, 2016 4:24 PM

Sep 2008
ichii_1 said:
Cool fight, but I hate how they made Big Daddy Pita afraid of Lenka the end :'(

Launching people into space, called it, but only that small amount? are they in the stone ages?

Ending with a tease? :'(

Made sense, it was a smart but arrogant being. It figured it couldn't be hurt let alone defeated. Which is why it was so pissed when it had a part cut off. Lenka at the end wrecked it and it knew it couldn't win right there, probably a first for Pita so it didn't know what to do.
Mar 26, 2016 4:26 PM

Jul 2014
I really enjoyed this series, the art was pretty weird at first but as expected, you get used to it. Here's to hoping for a sequel ^-^
Mar 26, 2016 5:04 PM

Jul 2015
A nest of cliche, but i liked the weird art style, the decor where pretty, the music was amazing, so i give it a 5/10
Mar 26, 2016 5:21 PM
Dec 2010
But can anyone explain why Lenka didnt die from corrosion?
Mar 26, 2016 5:46 PM

Nov 2014
Nice fight but I'm glad this anime finally ended.
Mar 26, 2016 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
IcarusLocked said:

I don't think there actually IS an explanation because the game i don't think he even has the corrosion...I guess it's alluded that they somehow kept him alive or, regardless of how bad his corrosion is he is still fighting. Maybe it receded.
Mar 26, 2016 5:54 PM
Dec 2010
TheUnknownMerc said:
IcarusLocked said:

I don't think there actually IS an explanation because the game i don't think he even has the corrosion...I guess it's alluded that they somehow kept him alive or, regardless of how bad his corrosion is he is still fighting. Maybe it receded.

Okay, I thought I had missed an explanation or something, thanks my man
Mar 26, 2016 6:25 PM

Jun 2013
So with Rindou out of the picture, everyone loses it except for Lenka who keeps a cool head despite being the hot-headed MC in the beginning of the show. That's quite the change. The people living there come and offer their help. They help Soma find the aragami luring device and he destroys it while Kota and Sakuya take care of the vajras and Alisa and Lenka take care of Pita.

Pita is so strong that only cutting off a part of its wing nearly costs the five god eaters their lives – and two of those are of the unit under the infamous Rindou Amamiya. And after losing a piece of it, Pita goes crazy and blows ever away. Lenka is sent flying with a probably deep cut. He ends up with a big ass cut with a lot of bleeding and most likely broken bones here and there. But that's not enough to stop him from crawling towards the broken piece of Pita and then proceeding to chop up the monster as if those injuries never happened. Cool.

It was a smart idea to use Pita against itself – if its skin is too hard to cut with a god arc then its skin should be strong enough to cut itself. Pita has gained so much intelligence that it knew that things were not looking pretty for him when Lenka held the Pita blade x god arc weapon. And Lenka turns super saiyan to defeat Pita lol.

Johannes' plans have become clear. His plan isn't just Aegis which will be a safe place for people, rather his real plan is to send a bunch of humans out into space to wait until the aragami apocalypse ends after which they'll come back home. And Johannes doesn't like waiting so he wants to start the apocalypse himself so that they can get this over with quickly. And Rindou saw all this which is why he was to be eliminated. Johannes named that doctor as the person who hacked the system and probably hid him somewhere so that he couldn't be found. Or he betrayed that guy which is also entirely possible. Sakaki doesn't know about the fact that Johannes wants to speed up the apocalypse – what he does know is that Johannes won't be saving everyone as he isn't even trying. Johannes wants to save a select group of people only because he knows that not everyone can be saved according to his plan. Sakaki, on the other hand, is an optimist and believes that humans may be able to coexist with the aragami if those monsters continue to gain intelligence like this Pita here. Johannes and Sakaki were colleagues and were together when the aragami came out. They were together in their research and were good friends, yet they have different takes on the aragami. Johannes believes that these are wild animals which only know how to kill and should be destroyed, whereas Sakaki believes that these aragami may not stay like this forever and they may become human like with intelligence and the ability to communicate later on – in other words, Johannes is a pessimist and Sakaki is an optimist. And that's because of the different experiences the two have had with aragami – Johannes lost his wife to this aragami business whereas nothing of the sort happened with Sakaki.

God Eater had a rather fumbling start but it got better. Lenka's development from hot-headed screaming MC to a mature guy who can keep a cool head when everyone else is panicking was done quite nicely. Alisa's trauma was also dealt nicely I think. Kota was probably there to show that you don't need to have had a bad experience with aragami to become a god eater. Rindou played a somewhat significant role in making Lenka more mature and in helping out Alisa. Soma was helped out by Lenka thanks to how he was helped out by Rindou. The visuals were sugoi and the soundtrack was outstanding. (I really need that soundtrack somehow when it comes out. This is like, the only show whose soundtrack I want). Ufotable really managed to capture the gruesome and deadly nature of this aragami infested world with their visuals. The "survival of the fittest" nature of the world was also pushed through quite well. The whole of Fenrir works on this principle.

There's potential for a sequel here after the way they ended things. Lenka is the new captain, Rindou is still alive (that bastard), Johannes and Sakaki are somewhat going head to head with their own way of saving humanity, the aragamis are still loose in the world etc. I sure as hell won't mind a sequel here.
Mar 26, 2016 6:49 PM

Jan 2015
And so Lenka finally showed his final form which is actually Super Saiyan. The fight was awesome honestly and I kinda thought Lenka is gonna die for a moment there. Rindows still alive was already expected and I guess there's a possibility for a second season?

Decent ending and the whole series was at least enjoyable despite the constant delays earlier.

7/10
Mar 26, 2016 7:27 PM

Oct 2015
As pretty much everyone else, I thought a lot about Dragonball z in the last fight.

And Lenka used my favourite way of fighting. Using the enemies power against him/her.
9/10, it would have gotten a 10 from me but it had the blonde Branch Director guy which I really hate because I hate arrogant people who can't even fight on their own.
But all in all, a great series.
Mar 26, 2016 7:52 PM
Sep 2014
I thought Lenka was going to die?

Also who is this shio?

I don't remember him/her

I like the anime i'm going to give it 7/10
Mar 26, 2016 8:29 PM

Jun 2010
I Love the open ending.
Thank God for google and the Wikia page, for all my questions have been answered.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 26, 2016 10:23 PM

Oct 2010
6/10. Was a 4 but it improved tremendously after the hiatus which clearly shows that ufotable could've done so much better if it wasn't rushed out after UBW.

Wouldn't mind a S2 after the Arda Nova and Shio teaser. Always liked that better than Lindow's arc anyway.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Mar 27, 2016 12:07 AM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed the series. Good finale, maybe there could be a season 2 in the future or maybe everyone is just better off playing the games if we haven't already.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 27, 2016 12:45 AM

Aug 2015
Outstanding finale, the soundtracks were on point yet again this episode. OP Lenka carried them, but it was really nice to see everyone working together, especially Alisa since she hasn't been a team player in particular until now. I personally really enjoyed this series. Lenka= Goku apparently ^_^
Mar 27, 2016 1:35 AM
Aug 2015
Anyone know the ending song title for the ending of GodEater -13?
Mar 27, 2016 2:21 AM

May 2012
Good ending. Final score is 7/10

I hope it get sequel
Mar 27, 2016 2:30 AM

Feb 2014
Great actions, great music. But overall, story is pretty weak. "I want to protect everyone!" phrase makes it bad.

I would give this a generous 6/10
Mar 27, 2016 2:32 AM

Dec 2014
Really nice Final Episode, It was an open ending but I wouldn't mind seeing a new season.

The action against Pita was awesome, Pita was literally and figuratively a beast. Wrecked them all.
Lenka's God arc was much more OP though :P
So many transformations, He even went Super Saiyan xD

I suspected the Director in the beginning turns out it was him after all, Why did he want to get rid of Lindow? Is it cause he saw the actual aegis plans when he snuck in?

A mysterious character, Those boots and smoke. Is Lindow alive after all?

7/10 for me, Enjoyed the show.

What is the final insert song called? They played it in episode 10 as well, When Lenka and his sister escape on the bike.
Mar 27, 2016 2:46 AM

Jun 2014
What an AMAZING finale!

We got to see a glimpse of Shio, Lindow is still alive and Lenka became a Captain!

I was overwhelmed when the game's song was played at the end!

Really hoping we get another season some day!

Overall 8/10!

This really makes me want to play the game again, but I'll wait until the PS4 version and GE2 releases this year
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 27, 2016 3:24 AM
Mar 2016
Spoiler ALERT if u played the game u will know Lindow didn't die and it's becuase of Shio and if there is season 2 a new character is introduced on behalf of Lindow
Nep it
Mar 27, 2016 5:26 AM

Jun 2013
holy shit what an intense finale and Lenka went super saiyan on it and wow that twist at the end
Mar 27, 2016 5:46 AM

Jan 2011
Such a great way to the end series. The final fight with Pita was amazing; very action-packed and such a visual spectacle. Lenka overpowered Pita with his God Arc. Not sure why his hair turned golden but that definitely reminded me of a Super Saiyan moment like many have already mentioned, haha. I just loved how the characters that the group saved earlier in the series helped them out. Lenka was such a great leader and stayed composed even after Lindow 'died'.

Lenka eventually becomes the captain of the group and he definitely has changed and is channeling Lindow now basically. Johannes is revealed to be behind the whole 'brainwashing Alisa to kill Lindow' scheme and personally wanted Lindow to die. He is the true antagonist of the series, damn.The scenes towards the end of the episode, smoke is scene which pretty much confirms that Lindow is still alive. That mysterious character is Shio eh? Darn, I really hope this gets a sequel.

Overall I really enjoyed this series.
8/10
Mar 27, 2016 5:54 AM

Oct 2015
IcarusLocked said:
TheUnknownMerc said:

Okay, I thought I had missed an explanation or something, thanks my man

It could be possible he evolved to survive the corrosion, the point of making god arcs in the first place was so the oracle cells in the weapons could evolve on their own to hurt Aragami. Lenka also was referred to having good compatibility with his got arc thus having better regenerative abilities as mentioned after the first fight with pita it is possible like the weapons the humans can evolve to survive better thus Lenkas golden eyes. We probably wont know that until a second season comes out.
Mar 27, 2016 7:13 AM
Nov 2015
Lol Lenka goes super saiyan saves everyone
Looks like Alisa was busy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Lenka x Alisa <3
Mar 27, 2016 7:19 AM

Sep 2014
And finally this garbage ends. Thank god.
Mar 27, 2016 7:37 AM
Mar 2016
Yea i agreed the anime did not live up to the hype from Fate Stay Night sure. But isn't judging the anime from that just plain narrow-minded? The art work is new and no doubt top notch, the story stayed more or less true to the game (changing some of the detail to fit the flow of an anime), the animation might not be exciting as fate stay night but are you gonna tell me it's bad? Would you prefer your harem ecchi anime fighting animation instead? Jesus if its a 7/10 it would make sense, but to rank this below 5? Bunch of fatass dimwits, go back to your ecchi bull crap.
Mar 27, 2016 8:02 AM

Oct 2013
Lenka was so bad ass, he even went supersaiyan to defeat Black Vajra. IF you noticed Lenka's God Eater got smaller and smaller every move he made to the point it broke, lols

I really enjoyed the series, and i love the eyegasming art, such a lovely art, it makes God Eater different. I don't understand why alot of people hate it.

Alisa fixed Lenka's cloth at the end, i guess we can let the ship set sail then, Lenka x Alisa ♥ get on board !

OH LOOK someone's smoking behind the rock, i must be Sanji !! lol jk it's gotta be Rindou, he planned it because if he stayed in Fenrir he will be killed because Rindou knew the truth behind Aegis project. Just my guess tho

Overall score 8/10, wouldn't mind for a 2nd season
Mar 27, 2016 8:13 AM
Sep 2014
RodrigoL said:
Basukesu-GE said:
Shio made an appearance, I think the anime may get a sequel, but wayyyy later down the road considering Ufotable has Tales of Zestiria and other projects on their hands right now

Do you know who is the shadow girl/boy??

Just a little puppy.
Mar 27, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2015
they put a lot of effort for this last episode
the battle scene is so awesome, I really like it
Lenka went super saiyan mode, wow
now i really want a second season for this anime...
Shio made an appearance too, and who else smoke in this anime??
Mar 27, 2016 8:45 AM
Sep 2015
That was a good ending considering how much the anime had spread out.
It's sad that Lindow's death was confirmed.
Hope to see a second season, though there won't be one most likely.
Mar 27, 2016 9:10 AM

Jun 2010
Vianaru said:
RodrigoL said:

Do you know who is the shadow girl/boy??

if you don't mind a bit spoiler from game (inb4 sorry for bad english) :

Oh, that's some nice infe there, not bad :D
Mar 27, 2016 9:13 AM

Apr 2015
Personally, I think that if you're going to make an anime based off a game, it should be the entire game and not just the first half.

The last few episodes of this show were fairly good (in a typical way), but it in no way makes up for the general crapiness of this series.
Mar 27, 2016 9:20 AM
Mar 2016
Oh my... Feels after this ep... It was so intense. I hope they won't leave it as it is (even though that ending is damn good) because I'm more curious now. There's so many things to discuss. The shadow which is highly feasible to be Lindow, the mystery of Lenka's transformation (I thought It's impossible to stop progressing of aragami cells corrosion and here we see healed Lenka at the end - very confusing, tho) and of course I want to know why in the world Johhanes ordered that doctor to get rid of Lindow.
no signature signature
Mar 27, 2016 10:21 AM

Feb 2016
I rate the art 10, it's a like a game but in anime :D
Mar 27, 2016 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
It ended better than I had hoped actually. I love how they actually started following the game's story now contrary to all the (what felt like filler) missions earlier in the series.

I believe that was Shio's silhoutte at the end there, and if so, then hopefully we will get a second season in a couple years once the HF movies are finished. Also liked the little hint that Lindow is alive at the end.

Hopefully a second season will happen eventually because the game i split into two story halves, and this first season only covered part of the first half. The first half ends much better than this and then the second half is even better, so here's hoping. I'm just happy they actually showed Shio and Lindow at all. I figured they would try to pretend the rest of the game didn't exist and end it entirely anime original.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
At last, we came to the end. this episode was good too, though I actually didn't expect Lenka to survive that battle, and especially not to become super sayjin.. ehh that was a bit cheesy but whatever. I'm going to miss that artstyle, so rad!
Mar 27, 2016 1:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I facepalmed when he went Super Saiyan. Holy zhit I cannot believe they did that.

What was Alisa doing at the end that made her arrive late?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2016 1:35 PM

Feb 2015
I think all the fans of the game got chills when "No Way Back" started playing. I know I did.
6/10 overall because it did not adapt the characters well along with Lenka getting way too much screen time. Soma and Alisa deserve better.
Still really enjoyed it though. It was nice to see it finally adapted into an anime at the very least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2016 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
I think the best thing about this anime is its unique art style which goes well with the post-apocalyptic theme. The plot was nice and had plenty of action with a badass protagonist to keep the me interested. The characters were good too and Lenka's past has so much grief and tragedy. I just hope they don't kill him.

I just didn't like little back-story they played at the end of every episode I mean they could have dedicate a whole episode which would make more sense according to me.

Overall 8/10
I-JitsuMar 27, 2016 3:15 PM
Mar 27, 2016 3:01 PM

Aug 2014
I would like to have the next story sooner as possible! This one was pretty awesome! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 27, 2016 4:17 PM

Aug 2014
Actually thos elast episodes made me change my opinion for the anime. I didn't expect to say this, but I hope for a second season.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Mar 27, 2016 6:40 PM

Sep 2008
-kV- said:
Considering watching GE, but I have some questions:

1. So after you remove all the delays and watch the entire thing continuously, how would you rate it out of 10?

2. Does this have a conclusive ending? Or even if it leaves room for sequel, does the plot get wrapped up?

3. Any romance?

1) i would put as a fan of the game an 8/10

If you know nothing of the game it's a shounen and i would put it at a 6.5-7/10 an above average anime series with, imho pretty nice visuals and action but no really knowing what it wants to do. I would say give it a go i very much enjoyed it.

2) The ending leaves room for a season 2 but ends well, nothing too open, but nothing to cut and dry and it answers a decent amount of questions, those left unanswered are alluded to. I don't believe from the ended there would be much surprise if there was in fact season 2 plot wise.

3) Alluded, nothing blatant and certainly nothing major. but you can definitely have your ships.
Mar 27, 2016 7:22 PM
Jan 2016
Having not read any source material, I'll hazard a theorem...

8/10 and 5/5 for this episode. I wonder If this was the ending they initially had in mind or because they had time to think about it? The studio certainly had enough time to come up a few ideas and of course one to pay homage to DBZ and another to give a full background of MC. They answered every question save one. They should look into absorption technology, note all the particles of matter in the air, yes cannot be seen by the human eye, but what if they could "Hoover" or "Dust Buster" those particles once they battle one of those monsters, it would auto trigger to suction mode. I know I know you're saying light cannot be capture by air, but light could be capture by silicon, it's the concept of using silicon to convert light energy into electricity (Solar Technology).

What we trying to do here is this, once the battle is initiated, small reflexive satellites are initiated from the God Eaters, those maintain a magnetic field and there is a built-in coil feeding energy into back into the God Eaters, so any particles of light attempting to leave the energy field will be redirected to the God Eaters, this of course needs a battery about the size of a car battery (which can be equipped as a backpack) to conduct the flow of electricity as to not electrocute the God Eater. It's all a working theory of course.

PetrolMar 27, 2016 9:16 PM
Mar 27, 2016 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
What an intense and epic ending.

It was amusing to see Pita started getting scared. They finally defeated it. Good riddance to that monster. It was amazing how Lenka defeated it by using its own blade. i feel a feeling that Lindow is alive, good to know that he is. And that Damn director was behind it all. And he failed to kill Lindow. haha. Alisa getting closer to Lenka now.
Mar 27, 2016 9:19 PM

Dec 2011
TheUnknownMerc said:
Paul said:

In the manga she is considered the love interest. Though I've never played God Eater 2, she doesn't fall under that role in 1 since you can chose your gender. Not sure if your character in 1 is mentioned/noted or the same person as 2.

Manga, to my memory, isn't canon,

God Eater 2 your character is confirmed the same as God Eater 1 and both are confirmed as the MC in the anime (Same name when porting default names into the game). I'm pretty sure it's only hinted but is never actually done.

Err.... Not really, the protagonist from GE1 and GE2 are two different persons. And the manga is actually considered canon to some since there is actually a prequel manga for GE2 that is set on before the events in GE2(game) that focus on Alisa as the protagonist.

Basically it is like this:
1) there is a GE1 light novel adaptation called "God Eater: Knockin' on Heaven's Door". In this adaptation the male protagonist is called Yuu Kannagi and he and Alisa is actually hinted to have feelings with each other
2) Then there is a GE manga called "God Eater: The Summer Wars" which is basically a fan service manga about Alisa and Yuu in a beach for a mission, and in this manga their feelings for each other is pretty much confirmed.
3) Next, is the Pre-GE2 manga called "God Eater: -the 2nd break-" that focus on Alisa and set before the events in GE2(game). In this manga Alisa actually talked a little bit about the events in the manga "God Eater: The Summer Wars" which means that summer wars is considered cannon.
4) Yuu Kannagi also appeared/mentioned in some other prequel for GE2 (game) manga and light novel.
5) Yu Kannagi is also the default name for the Protagonist in the NORN Database in God Eater 2 (game) if Burst save data is not imported, which in certain continuity officially makes this an acknowledged protagonist name in the God Eater series

BTW Lenka and Yuu are totally different in personality and even looks. The manga/novel is in a way related with the game plots and story continuity. However, the GE anime is its own thing, sure there are some similarities in the basic plot, but the story and mc is definitely different
amc9988Mar 27, 2016 9:25 PM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.